Ep 1 Release Date Discussion - Out Now PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/XboxOne/360/Android

Comments

• I never said the story will be bad, only a little convenient.

Also, the graphics are bad, that has nothing to do with the art style. It's true that this isn't as important as the story, and there are parts I like (the actors faces are very well done), but other parts that aren't (the surroundings for example).

But I'm not saying this game will be bad, I'm pretty sure I'll love it. Just...the graphics really aren't good, except for the likeness of the actors.

ata95 posted: »

Trailer was good of course they didn't give away anything. And there are "trailer expers" that think that graphics suck and they don't want

• edited December 2014

Alt text

Fucking cold though..

• This is actually funny...

Tales, TWD, and TWAU all got hate before it came out, once all the trailers and stuff came out people were getting excited, then when it came out people loved it.

This however...It was hyped from the start, now once all the trailers and stuff comes out people are upset...I hope this game doesn't go bust.

• Alt text

This is actually funny... Tales, TWD, and TWAU all got hate before it came out, once all the trailers and stuff came out people were gett

• I'm still hyped but...This goes against Telltale's usual logic.

• edited December 2014

I hope but...

But trailers released one day before release reflect it pretty well.

I want to like this game, but for now I see many problems:

◾The graphic obviously

◾The Forresters are way too important for a minor House

◾The show characters seem to just be crammed in without any context

◾Telltale works with way too many headcanons

I realize this isn't the final product and is only a way to shoe people something of a game, but it looks like the Forresters are actually important enough for Ramsay Snow to follow them to their homestead, Tyrion Lannister talking to Mira very strangely and Cersei even caring about such a minor House.

And all this while they aren't even mentioned in the Show. If they were as important to the Lannisters and the Boltons, then why on earth does noone seem to know they exist? (I do realize the show was filmed before the game, so this point can be considered as invalid. Still, too many coincidences as of now).

People are being stupid because they don't like the graphics. Once the game comes out, I hope they can look past something as small as that

• They used a new art style for their game and a lot of people are hating it. I'm quite happy that telltale is doing experiments like that. The artstyle did what it should: It looks like a living oil-painting.

Alt text

I'm still hyped but...This goes against Telltale's usual logic.

• People are being stupid because they don't like the graphics. Once the game comes out, I hope they can look past something as small as that (and the graphics aren't even bad imo) and enjoy the game for the story and characters.

Let's just hope the story and characters are good as well :P

I'm still hyped but...This goes against Telltale's usual logic.

• I have high hopes but...

But trailers released one day before release reflect it pretty well.

I want to like this game, but for now I see many problems:

◾The graphic obviously

◾The Forresters are way too important for a minor House

◾The show characters seem to just be crammed in without any context

◾Telltale works with way too many headcanons

I realize this isn't the final product and is only a way to shoe people something of a game, but it looks like the Forresters are actually important enough for Ramsay Snow to follow them to their homestead, Tyrion Lannister talking to Mira very strangely and Cersei even caring about such a minor House.

And all this while they aren't even mentioned in the Show. If they were as important to the Lannisters and the Boltons, then why on earth does noone seem to know they exist? (I do realize the show was filmed before the game, so this point can be considered as invalid. Still, too many coincidences as of now).

People are being stupid because they don't like the graphics. Once the game comes out, I hope they can look past something as small as that

• I'm excited, just a little skeptical, I know little to nothing about Game of Thrones and people seem negative about some of the plot points but I also know Telltale can make anything good...

Well we'll see how it is very soon. I read the pulled review and it was quite positive. Of course it was just one review but I trust that tt

• Well we'll see how it is very soon. I read the pulled review and it was quite positive. Of course it was just one review but I trust that ttg has done fine job like always. And mostly people are just complaining about the graphics. The oil painting style is new so that is probably the biggest reason for it not being as good as people expect. I'm happy with it, it's good enough, the story is what matters.

This is actually funny... Tales, TWD, and TWAU all got hate before it came out, once all the trailers and stuff came out people were gett

• I like the style, It seems new and cool...Quite curious to see where it goes.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

They used a new art style for their game and a lot of people are hating it. I'm quite happy that telltale is doing experiments like that. The artstyle did what it should: It looks like a living oil-painting.

• I'm excited, just a little skeptical, I know little to nothing about Game of Thrones and people seem negative about some of the plot points but I also know Telltale can make anything good...

Well we'll see how it is very soon. I read the pulled review and it was quite positive. Of course it was just one review but I trust that tt

• I guess we will have to see where it goes, I'm not hating on it or anything, I'm just as excited as you are.

I was just pointing out how funny this situation is.

Everything seems more important when it's focused in on it. To the Forresters and their rivals, this will obviously be a big thing to them,

• Everything seems more important when it's focused in on it. To the Forresters and their rivals, this will obviously be a big thing to them, which is why it seems more important. Just because in the long scheme of things they won't have a big impact or aren't hugely mentioned in the show doesn't mean their story isn't interesting and worth telling.

I have high hopes but... But trailers released one day before release reflect it pretty well. I want to like this game, but for

• I guess we will have to see where it goes, I'm not hating on it or anything, I'm just as excited as you are.

I was just pointing out how funny this situation is.

Everything seems more important when it's focused in on it. To the Forresters and their rivals, this will obviously be a big thing to them,

• Grr is it Wednesday yet? I'm so excited for this. :P

• Well it's tuesday here in germany where do you live btw? :D

Grr is it Wednesday yet? I'm so excited for this. :P

• How the hell is it Tuesday already in Germany...I hate timezones.

Well it's tuesday here in germany where do you live btw?

• Alt text

How the hell is it Tuesday already in Germany...I hate timezones.

• Well...it's only 00:30 now.

And we don't get the game before 7pm. Which sucks, because I have a lot of work to do and school only finishes at 5pm. Meaning I just have 2 hours to prepare a presentation and learn for a class test. Sucks.

And I'm writing a class test today. And on Friday. FML.

How the hell is it Tuesday already in Germany...I hate timezones.

• I live in a terrible place called the USA.

Well it's tuesday here in germany where do you live btw?

• So, when do the episodes usually release on steam?

• The episode will come out in 18 hours and 15 minutes.

That1Guy posted: »

So, when do the episodes usually release on steam?

• Guys, just be glad it doesn't look like their Jurassic Park game.

Alt text

Alt text

• Alt text

Mrbman9001 posted: »

Guys, just be glad it doesn't look like their Jurassic Park game.

• Maybe an unpopular opinion, but that looks awesome.

• I agree, it doesn't look as bad as everyone says it does. Also note the game is 3 years old now, which is a lot nowadays.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but that looks awesome.

• Amazing trailer. I'm so hyped for this.

• I like Jurassic Parks artstyle. The dinosaurs actually looked pretty cool.

• The graphics may not be the best, but the animation itself looks like it's Telltale's best effort to date, in fact it's much better than I expected. The movements of the characters are flawless, and the lipsync is also better than in previous games.

I'm so glad about this, and so excited to see what our guys have become in terms of animation. They always had great animation, but saved for some particular spots. Here, it looks like it's gonna be all the time. Couldn't be more excited.

• Hi! Do you know at what time is the game coming out?

• Welcome to the Forums, I'm guessing you're here for Game of Thrones...I hope you enjoy!

diazcalleja posted: »

Hi! Do you know at what time is the game coming out?

• Probably at midnight Telltale time for the Telltale store which is in 6 hours. Steam and PSN (not so sure about PSN) come out at noon Telltale time which would be in 18 hours.

diazcalleja posted: »

Hi! Do you know at what time is the game coming out?

• Winters Coming

• Yes it is... Yes it is...

NukemDukem posted: »

Winters Coming

• Very nice trailer! Added some intrigue, but also kept everything very subtle so as not to spoil anything. I'm honestly so excited for tomorrow, just so I can finally play this game! :D

• Welp, 2 hours confirmed, GG Telltale. I'm dead now, you happy?

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.