Ep 1 Release Date Discussion - Out Now PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/XboxOne/360/Android

Comments

• Oh, lucky fools that can play this game today, I envy you so much!

• Is this being released tomorrow (tuesday) on steam? It says it's being released for PC at that time, but on steam it just says the game will be released in December. Normally it's very precise when something is being released

• Glad somebody mentioned this. Lipsync has always bothered me in Telltale games (especially since we're looking at their faces 70% of the time) so I'm glad they're improving it. Plus, the facial animation looked good and really smooth.

Graphically, I think it looks good. The character models all seem top notch aside from a couple of character's faces. However, the environments look a little flat. I've been really impressed with the environments of Tales From The Borderlands, so it's a little disappointing that they didn't do as good of a job in Game of Thrones. I'll have to wait for the full game to come out before I pass full judgement.

Trenchfoot posted: »

The graphics may not be the best, but the animation itself looks like it's Telltale's best effort to date, in fact it's much better than I e

• I never watched game of thrones should i????

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Yes it is being released Tuesday on steam, it should be at or around 10 AM PST.

Is this being released tomorrow (tuesday) on steam? It says it's being released for PC at that time, but on steam it just says the game will be released in December. Normally it's very precise when something is being released

• Iron From Ice, everyone! Tonight (At least it will be night where I am) we will be playing the game of thrones. :)

• Him actually saying the playtime has me thinking that telltale really are listening to people complaints.

Green613 posted: »

Welp, 2 hours confirmed, GG Telltale. I'm dead now, you happy?

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Yes.

I never watched game of thrones should i????

• Hell yeah.

I never watched game of thrones should i????

• I cant buy it on telltales website can you guys give me a link`?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's not available yet, hopefully it should be available to purchase and download by midday PST.

TelltaleGOT posted: »

I cant buy it on telltales website can you guys give me a link`?

• Didnt it go live 3am last week for borderlands?

OzzyUK posted: »

It's not available yet, hopefully it should be available to purchase and download by midday PST.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It did go live at around that time but there is no guaranteed time with Telltale releases, hopefully it should be out by midday.

TelltaleGOT posted: »

Didnt it go live 3am last week for borderlands?

• It's coming out for PC, so that means it comes out for Windows, Mac and Linux? cool

At least that's what you imply when you say "PC".

• They've said it'll officially be out for Windows and Mac.. not sure about Linux

• Alt text

keiki85 posted: »

It's coming out for PC, so that means it comes out for Windows, Mac and Linux? cool At least that's what you imply when you say "PC".

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

Telltale doesn't release their games on Linux (yet, Kevin Bruner did say Linux was on their radar, but there was no timeframe given for when a Linux compatible version of the Telltale Tool engine would be released).

The industry term for PC refers to Windows, not because it stands for personal computer, but because it is a holdover term from when publishers would mark a game for PC when the IBM PC was the dominant computer in the market, and that computer ran MS-DOS.

That term has stuck (Apple even used it in their Mac vs PC commercials), so it's unlikely to ever go back to its all inclusive personal computer meaning (and, honestly, would be too confusing to consumers after over 30 years of usage in a non-inclusive manner).

keiki85 posted: »

It's coming out for PC, so that means it comes out for Windows, Mac and Linux? cool At least that's what you imply when you say "PC".

• Isn't it 2nd December there yet? Seems Like I can't play it today cuz School :c

• So what's the estimated time of arrival? 10AM PST??

• Been waiting all day!!! Its 5 30 pm now and still waiting :(

• On steam.. but if I can somehow cancel my prepurchase to get it on TT quicker I will xD

Do you know when it could be coming out?

beguiler posted: »

Are you getting it on steam or from TT?

• Are you getting it on steam or from TT?

crudude posted: »

Been waiting all day!!! Its 5 30 pm now and still waiting

• Any idea what time it will be up on PSN for PS4? I've seen 10 PST for Steam, should I assume the same for PSN?

• Yes. So in half an hour.

So what's the estimated time of arrival? 10AM PST??

• where the hell is the game ._.

• less than 30 minutes for steam

• I'd say it is 10 minutes away. Refresh steam when there is 2-3 minutes left on the timer because sometimes it doesn't show up really. So yeah, be ready people.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's now out on steam, restart steam for the install button to show up.

• Where is the mac version???

• seriously? what the hell is this? it better be up soon

Where is the mac version???

• I restarted steam but the install did not appear. I'm on Mac.

• I am not sure anyone outside of TTG knows exactly when. All I know is that I am hyped! :)

• TT: @Puzzlebox can you hear us?? Where is the mac version??

jameshodge posted: »

seriously? what the hell is this? it better be up soon

• Out on steam, yeee, dling now!

• I have a PC and I restarted steam and it doesn't seem to be there for me either. When does it come out for PS4? Anyone know?

• Still "Coming Soon" on the Telltale Store...

• Actually its up on Steam now

• edited December 2014

I just F5 refreshed the GOT page and it is available to purchase now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it still says "Coming soon." -_-

• Still waiting on mac version on steam....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.