Steam has been forgotten!!!! not good [game is now up]

edited July 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Us players on steam, would like to play Wallace and Gromit EPISODE 4!! echo echo.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Really, what's the difference between buying through steam, or on the site. Steam can be convieniant, but hardly nessesairy, when Telltale is involved. Unless, of course, you have already bought the season through Steam, in which case, you're just going to have to wait.
  • edited July 2009
    I have other titles than just TellTale games, and having a single central repository for said games is a very nice thing, if you work and move around a lot. I don't mind waiting, but I've already said that.

Suffice [it] to say, Steam players would like to play the game.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, pleeease sort it out Telltale.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Game should be up on Steam today.

It didn't end up going live until very late in our day yesterday, by which time their staff had signed out for the day.
  • edited July 2009
    bhxob wrote: »
    I have other titles than just TellTale games, and having a single central repository for said games is a very nice thing, if you work and move around a lot. I don't mind waiting, but I've already said that.

Suffice [it] to say, Steam players would like to play the game.

Good point.
  • edited July 2009
    It is available now for download. Restart steam.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, it's only natural that the game will be up on the official website first. And Steam is much more expensive, I can't imagine why anyone would buy full priced games there.
  • edited July 2009
    Good thing it finally came :) i cant imagine people still wanting to have their games spread out between 50 or 100 websites, where they own 3 games on each site.

I really like having all my games in one place, and they will never be lost, and with a 20/2mbit connection, its faster to download them, to install from some silly dvd :)

the new steam clouds if developers would use it, rocks, having youre savegames also forever stored in steam the FUTURE is now :)
  • edited July 2009
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Good thing it finally came :) i cant imagine people still wanting to have their games spread out between 50 or 100 websites, where they own 3 games on each site.

I really like having all my games in one place, and they will never be lost, and with a 20/2mbit connection, its faster to download them, to install from some silly dvd :)

the new steam clouds if developers would use it, rocks, having youre savegames also forever stored in steam the FUTURE is now :)

Our expectations as to what's convenient and acceptable have really raised over the past few years haven't they? 50 to 100 websites?? How many games do you buy?

I installed Steam and my computer kept throwing up error messages regarding my graphics card so I did a system restore to pre-Steam installation and they went away. I'm afraid it's not part of my future of gaming.
  • edited July 2009
    I buy alot of games, and not just new ones, but old ones which Steam is getting more and more of, lost my of my old games, just got "The Digg" back and such classics, and hopefully Lucas Arts adds more.

Instead you should go to the forum, and post that you have a problem, developers cant read youre mind so if you dont post, then cant fix the problem, and always counting on someone else to submit the problem doesnt work.

Problems are there to be solved, you giving up isnt steams fault.
  • edited July 2009
    Unless a game is on Steam at this point, there is very little chance I'm going to buy it. Once you get accustomed to the incredible convenience of having all your games centralized in one simple launching pad with the ability to install and uninstall at will, there's no going back. Telltale games are really the only non-Steam exceptions for me in a few years, and I actually bought Strong Bad direct from Telltale but then rebought it for convenience on Steam. I bought Tales of Monkey Island direct from Telltale too for the bonus items, but I'll probably end up getting it again on Steam after the season wraps up. W&G was up on Steam at the same time as on Telltale's site, so I got it there.
  • edited July 2009
    Fooey wrote: »
    Unless a game is on Steam at this point, there is very little chance I'm going to buy it. Once you get accustomed to the incredible convenience of having all your games centralized in one simple launching pad with the ability to install and uninstall at will, there's no going back. Telltale games are really the only non-Steam exceptions for me in a few years, and I actually bought Strong Bad direct from Telltale but then rebought it for convenience on Steam. I bought Tales of Monkey Island direct from Telltale too for the bonus items, but I'll probably end up getting it again on Steam after the season wraps up. W&G was up on Steam at the same time as on Telltale's site, so I got it there.

While I do think Steam is cool, I almost NEVER buy anything there unless there is no retail/hard copy available. I will always buy Telltale's games straight from them to get the DVDs at the end of the seasons, and any other game I usually grab on amazon, ebay, or a local shop.
  • edited July 2009
    Fooey wrote: »

yeah its really amazing, its sad so many hangs in the old ways, and is afraid to take the step, if it wasnt for services like Steam, gaming on the PC would probably be dead now.

We were at its worst with some copy protection like starforce, those games i cant run today, and SF took control over youre computer, others wanted to decide i wasnt allowed to install if i had burning programs or daemon tools installed.

And at its worst peak, we saw alot of console only games, finally now, the tide has turned, most games are now PC/Xbox or PC/ps3 or all platforms.

Thanks for steam and other services, small time developers has easy access, without having to use money and time on making dvds, boxes and other useless junk.

really nice that some companies out there took the guts and said, you know what, instead of making our loyal fans and customers pay for a product that is inferior in everyway to the pirated version, lets get them and easy program, where they can chat with friends, get automatic patches and updates, can install the games all the time they want.

Features is the key to sell games. Not drm., today only companies that wont adapt whine about piracy.

I dont even dare to think where PC gaming would be today, if there hadn come Steam and the others, in the worst time for the pc, they showed us a way, the best option so far.

And with so fast internet we have, i wouldn wanna go to a shop and buy a game with a box, or have my games all other the place, ill admit that in the ideal world, you would buy a game from say steam, d2d or any other and install it into the program / site you liked.

Because the only real danger is we will end up with 30 programs like Steam, and then we are back at square one. The key for me is, all games in one place.
  • edited July 2009
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    yeah its really amazing, its sad so many hangs in the old ways, and is afraid to take the step

I am not afraid of digital content and have bought plenty of digital only games, but I still much prefer having something I can put on a shelf and admire. Printing out a list of games I can run on my PC and pinning it to the wall doesn't really have the same visual aesthetic.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.