No love for Wallace

edited August 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
I can't bypass the fact that Telltale doesn't really advertise Wallace & Gromit too much. The image on the main page that was advertising the 4th episode was taken down after LESS than 24 hours. Now that just doesn't seem right. Obviously, Monkey Island is a much more popular franchise, but they could at least have left the image for a few more days. They didn't even release a trailer for episode 4, just a few screenshots.

Obviously they have their schedule full right now, with a lot of games and stuff going on, but maybe they should have waited and released Monkey Island next month and not overlap it with another series. Maybe they could have fixed some of the bugs on MI and polish it a bit further.

It's always nice to have more games and playing options, as long as they don't feel rushed. It just seems that Wallace & Gromit was some sort of experiment for the team. That's why the fewer episodes, the less advertising, etc.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hitman wrote: »
    I can't bypass the fact that Telltale doesn't really advertise Wallace & Gromit too much. The image on the main page that was advertising the 4th episode was taken down after LESS than 24 hours. Now that just doesn't seem right. Obviously, Monkey Island is a much more popular franchise, but they could at least have left the image for a few more days. They didn't even release a trailer for episode 4, just a few screenshots.

Obviously they have their schedule full right now, with a lot of games and stuff going on, but maybe they should have waited and released Monkey Island next month and not overlap it with another series. Maybe they could have fixed some of the bugs on MI and polish it a bit further.

It's always nice to have more games and playing options, as long as they don't feel rushed. It just seems that Wallace & Gromit was some sort of experiment for the team. That's why the fewer episodes, the less advertising, etc.

...the main page image is still there for me.
  • edited July 2009
    yup, same here. it is true however that after monkey island was released it took most of the attention. wallace and gromit does definitely deserve better, 'cause the games are pretty good.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    The content on the main page can change based on your user profile. For example, it wouldn't make much sense for our main page to sell you on Monkey Island if you already bought the full season.

Of course, that does depend on whether or not you're logged in...
  • edited July 2009
    I don't know what you've been smoking, but the W&G intro page is still up. W&G got plenty attention just after the last episode of sam&max season 2.

I've been playing the bogeyman half way through and I've noticed the couple of glitches (the golf club missing when he hits the ball and the tearing polygons, esp. the eyelids when they blink). But it's perfectly playable and I'm sure TT has taken a bit too much work on their hands, but I expect they'll sort that out over the coming months.

The ToMI is very polished compared to the bogey man btw.
  • edited July 2009
    langley wrote: »
    The content on the main page can change based on your user profile. For example, it wouldn't make much sense for our main page to sell you on Monkey Island if you already bought the full season.
    That probably explains it. Did you purchase ToMI, Hitman? I bought practically everything so I'm seeing a full-page Wallace & Gromit announcement.
  • edited July 2009
    imqqmi wrote: »
    The ToMI is very polished compared to the bogey man btw.

I disagree, at least in terms of the gamepad support.
    It's obvious that the gamepad support in ToMI had to be cut due to time. If you try it with a gamepad you can move, but there's no way to select anything.
    I felt using the inventory with a gamepad is a lot easier than with the mouse, which is a bit of a shame because there is quite a big bug whereby when Guybrush is standing in certain places you can't select anything in the inventory.

Anyway, back to the topic, I think there has been a lot less hype for W&G than for ToMI. Is that because W&G was just a test-case for the new camera system? Is it because Telltale knew Monkey Island would be more popular, and decided they'd get the most out of publicising it?

Maybe we shouldn't be so paranoid. Aardman has done a bit to publicise W&G themselves (e.g., if you go to wallaceandgromit.com you'll see it's got front billing). Whereas LucasArts have done absolutely nothing to publicise ToMI. Presumably Telltale need to compensate.
  • edited July 2009
    I can see the Wallace and Gromit on the homepage OK.

I noticed some of the lines on the faces, especially Constable Dibbins, but I also noticed that on Guybrush in Tales of Monkey Island. I thought it was just my graphics setting but now I hear it's not a problem on my end?

Still, I played through the entire game and didn't notice very many other things other than a missing or invisible golf club in one scene. But it was there when I tried again.
  • edited July 2009
    oh come on, you just made that up, didn't you? if it would work that way, i would be seeing "telltale texas hold 'em" all the time...or bone maybe.:D
    Chris1 wrote: »
    Maybe we shouldn't be so paranoid. Aardman has done a bit to publicise W&G themselves (e.g., if you go to wallaceandgromit.com you'll see it's got front billing). Whereas LucasArts have done absolutely nothing to publicise ToMI. Presumably Telltale need to compensate.
    you have a good point there...but you can't say that lucasarts did "absolutely nothing". when you're on the mi:se homepage, there is a tiny link to tales in the bottom right corner...:rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    I have bought all Telltale games and what I see on the front page of the web is the Wallace & Gromit´s ad.

I love Wallace & Gromit games (actually is my favorite Telltale series) and I think they needs a little more advertising.

By the way, Aardman is advertising it, at least on Europe. I have bought the last film short of Wallace & Gromit in blu-ray in UK, "A Matter of Loaf & Death", and in the extras... ¡There is the W&G Grand Adventures demo!!!!! :D
    It is the first PC demo I see in a blu-ray...
  • edited July 2009
    Aardman couldn't have picked a better game company for the Wallace and Gromit series.

I've bought Wag, TOMI and Sam and Max Season 1 + 2, but I only see the recent stuff on the main page. No Bone or SB for me.
  • edited July 2009
    Coming on the website today i've had both TOMI on the main page (logged off) and Wallace and Gromit when logged in.

They're both showing:)

I'd imagine it's either just random if you're not logged on or Telltale are pushing the more popular of the two.
  • edited August 2009
    I don't know, I've played the first episode and it's very polished (apart from the PC control scheme - but I've discussed this elsewhere), and very well done.

But somehow as interactive entertainment the translation from TV doesn't quite gel. After playing it I've decided I'd rather watch it.

S&M and esp. TOMI's great though.
  • edited August 2009

Of course, that does depend on whether or not you're logged in...

And that explains why I never see the strong bad main page things anymore(bought the full season/dvd.)
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    And that explains why I never see the strong bad main page things anymore(bought the full season/dvd.)

But it doesn't explain while I've never had a strong bad main page, as I haven't bought any of the games :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.