Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Oops my bad dragon XD

until this thread gets shut down or something

• Ah gotcha, we all get inspiration somewhere! :) no problem! :D

EMMYPESS posted: »

I won't murder you for disliking the Hunger Games, lol XD If it's not your forte, then you don't have to like it. I liked the books better t

• edited December 2014

A VERY DRAGON CHRISTMAS, Part 2

As Fred began to scout the area while feeding Marcelo candy canes, Marcelo asked Fred how this all happened and why did Santa allow himself to be taken by the evil Gingerbread Men. As Fred looked to the snow ground, he asked himself the same question.... Then Suddenly Rob the Penguin ran over all frightened and terrified.

Alt text

"THEY SPOTTED US! WE BEEN SPOTTED! GAME OVER! GAME OVER!"

"Bloody hell, Bob calm the hell down. That is a good thing, now that we have our weapon. Saved us a lot of time, we can get inside and rescue Santa and put an end to this. Bob, have everyone ready!" Fred as he leaps onto Marcelo's back armed with a Candy Cane Sword.

The wicked Gingerbread Men approached the snowy valley, stomping their burned feet in frustration. They search and search for the intruders that their boss sent after them, only to be ambushed by Bob and his Men. The penguins rained down snowballs, not ordinary snowballs but magic snowballs weakening the Gingerbread Men and finally destroying them after small a struggle.

Fred and Marcelo flew towards the workshop preparing to strike down everything in sight. A Group of Gingerbread Men awaited them blocking the entrance. The two had a brief stand down with them and after that, they began to attack the evil pastries.

From left to right the heads and limbs of the Gingerbread Men flew off piece by piece as Fred with his might Candy Cane Sword cleaved through the horde. Marcelo manage to eat some of the stray parts of the Gingerbread as well. They tasted no different from a standard and normal oven baked pastries, but however some were severely burnt...

"Alright Marcelo, fry these cookies." Fred commanded and in a hell fire the horde of Gingerbread Men all were burned to oblivion leaving nothing but burn limbs and remains. Marcelo landed and returned to his normal form then went inside Santa's workshop to find Santa and the boss..

Once inside they immediately noticed Santa tied up with Ms. Claus atop of a box of toys, by a machine.

"There they are!" Marcelo shouted before attempting to rescue them and only to be stop by a 20 foot Gingerbread Man glowing in magic. It roar in an disgruntled manner and began to attack them.The giant tried to squash them but was greatly disappointing and out of frustration he picked up a large box of toys and dumped them all over the floor.

It them used his magic to bring they toys to life and commanded them to destroy Marcelo and Fred. They tried to fight off the nefarious toys with all their might but then they some how would find a way to come back for more and more. It was horrible...

"Hahahaha you puny fools. How can you hope to defeat me and my army of toys?!" The Gingerbread Man sneered.

"Your just postponing the inevitable, you are clearly outmatched here. Now spare yourself a painful and humiliating defeat and let Santa go!" Fred holding his sword at the giant.

Then Gingerbread Man took a step closer to them and laughed before summon up a toy clone of Marcelo. "Handle the little twerp and I'll handle the midget!" The Gingerbread Man commanding his toy dragon.

"Midget? Now you fucking die..." Then Fred charged into battle and began slicing the giant cookie with all his wrath determined to kill this thing, while Marcelo was trying to figure out how he would stop a toy dragon...especially one that was a direct clone of him..

To be continued

Everything happened so fast. Therese was on the roof of the castle right now, William's arms holding her tight as he watched her saviors cli

• Christmas Challenge

"Get out of there, mister!"

RJ thought he had enough time while his dad placed the leftover Sloppy Joe mix in a container. He calsulated the time perfectly; he'd be able to sneak to the closet, peek and return to the living room before his dad could finish the dishes. His uncle Gren left ten minutes ago. RJ, however, did not take into consideration his father's frequent need to check on the boy.

RJ dashed to the couch and threw his Transformers blanket over. He could hear his father's sneakers press against the carpet, as he walked over to the trembling boy.

"RJ..." Robert turned the volume down. "What were you doing near the closet?"

"Nothing..."

"RJ. Santa does not like when little boys lie to their mommy and daddys. It makes him very sad. Now, what were you doing by-"

RJ exhaled. "I wanted to see what the big yellow present was, daddy...."

RJ noticed the rather large gift while his father was cooking the meat. While his uncle Gren yelled at the television for some unknown reasom, RJ managed to sneak a closer look. The yellow wrapping paper beckoned the boy to get closer and take a peek.

"RJ, that is for Christmas DAY. Not December 'when ever I want' day."

RJ threw the blanket off. "I'm sorry, daddy..."

Robert sighed. He knew how anxious his son was. Last few days, he was caught up in the magical moments of Christmas. Robert didn't have the heart to punish the boy; he was only doing what typical children did and thought nothing more of it.

Robert sat beside RJ. "You're fine, bud. Next time, don't lie to me or I'm taking it back. I KNOW you're excited but that's for later, alright?"

RJ nods. "Yes sir."

"Here. Go ahead and call your mother while I get the Eggnog ready."

Taking Robert's phone, RJ dials up his mother's number. Robert took this opportunity to head into the kitchen. He brought out the homemade mixture he and RJ prepared several hours ago. The thick, chunky mixture was poured into two glasses; it smelled heavily of Cinnamon and cream. Robert stuck a straw into each cup. He was not too sure about this strange concoction he and RJ cooked up.

But, the boy was eager to try something new and Robert couldn't say no. His son was always up to try something, even if it didn't work out in the end. As he walked back to the living room, he passed by an Ornament RJ made for him two years ago. The crude paper ball decorated with glitter, string and other various objects danced along the Garland and Holly.

Outside, there was a simple message written in red Crayon: 'Merry Christmas to the best daddy in the world. Love you. RJ' Robert loved that dearly and ever since, he's kept it out; even after the holiday season has passed and all the others kept their decorations locked up until next year, Robert kept that single Ornament out.

Robert placed the drinks down, just as RJ wrapped up the conversation.

"Okay mommy. I love you, too. Talk to you in the morning. Here is daddy."

Robert grabs the phone. He could hear the other children in the back. "Hey, Lyla."

"Hey, Robert. How is everything?"

"Great, Just finished eating and now we are sitting on the couch watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special."

"Hey, the kids are watching that, too. I have the twins taking a bath, Georgie is folding some laundry and I'm probably going to call it an early night."

"You alright?"

"Think I'm getting sick...typical with me around this time. So, RJ tells me you both made homemade Nog and decorated the tree?"

Robert glances at the cup. "I'll send you a picture of it later, Lyla. You should SEE how thick this shit is-"

"Daddy, language."

Robert smiles. "Oops...sorry. I mean, you should see how thick this STUFF is."

Lyla giggled. "I'm sure its not THAT bad, Robert."

Robert watched as RJ reached over and grabbed a glass cup. He pressed his lips to the straw and sucked up the Eggnog. Robert stood by and waited; he wouldn't be too offended if the boy spat up the drink, rather than enjoy it. To his surprise, however, RJ sat quielty and enjoyed his frosty treat.

"Mmmm...this is good, daddy! We did good."

Robert was shocked. "It's...good?"

"Yup. Sweet. Just how I like it."

Robert took a tiny sip. Indead, it wasn't too bad. "Hmmm. I take that back, Lyla. This is pretty damn good..."

"See? Well, I'll call in the morning. Make sure to put a sheet under him tonight."

"I won't forget."

"Alright...talk to you later."

"Bye."

Robert hung up the phone, as he took his usual spot beside RJ. Tomorrow, he and RJ were going to the park to play in the fresh fallen snow. For now, the two enjoyed their Eggnog and Charlie Brown.

Life was good.

Sorry for the short chap but would hate to drag on. Simple and sweet and to the point, I always say. :) Any questions or comments, leave them below. :D

• Alt text

Whoa there, memory file scan? I didn't know you were a, uh, a pyborg! Get it? 'Cause pie + cyborg = pyborg. Ah, I'll be quiet now. XP

• RJ! You little sneak you! I wonder what Robert got him that he feels the need to hide it....hmm...

Also, love how Lyla and Robert have these conversations like its nothing. Great job. Again, I'm happy you are doing this challenge.

Also since you are a Gren fan, I thought of you when I made this. This is for that Georgie pic you posted awhile ago for me. xD

Alt text

You're welcome. :)

JJwolf posted: »

Christmas Challenge "Get out of there, mister!" RJ thought he had enough time while his dad placed the leftover Sloppy Joe mix in a co

• Emily could hear the rustle of the bags downstairs; Felicia was home and as she began putting the groceries away, Emily sat up. She was in her bed. She had no memory of how she got here, nor could recall climbing under the sheets and drowning out the world. She peered over at Gren, who was still sound asleep in the chair beside her dresser. How long had he BEEN there, thought Emily.

Her head was pounding, as she tried to stand up. It felt like fire burning her scalp and a hammer slamming down into her skull. Emily blamed her brothers. Yeah. That would be appropriate if Felicia should ask. Emily didn't bother with Gren, as she headed to the shower. The accustomed smell of Lilac filled her nose, as Felicia stepped into the bathroom.

"How long has he been here?" She points to Gren.

"Fook if I bloody know..." Emily rubs her head. "I just need me shower before the club opens tanight..."

Felicia helps Emily undress. "Ya' need to watch the drinkin', daddy. Your Liver will thank ya'..."

Emily unhooked her bra, as she turned on the water. Steam immediatly rose to the ceiling and spread out like Fog on the country backroads. She allowed her long, black hair to descend along her back, as she climbed into the shower. She sat on the edge, as the water bounced along her neck, shoulders and breasts. Emily sighed, pressing her back into the tile walls.

She could hear Felicia grabbing extra clothes and a fresh towel.

"Daddy, I worry 'bout ya' sometimes...."

"Don't." Emily reached for the sponge and soap. "I don't need ya' bloody worryin' 'bout me."

"Your doing it AGAIN, daddy! You're going to over due it one night and get yourself into a lot of trouble!"

Emily rolled her eyes. The worse thing that has ever happened when Emily overdrank alcohol were the occasional brawls; she went to jail one time for almost killing a man with just her right shoe and toe nail clippers. He started it. Or, so Emily wanted to remember about that night. To be honest, she was not in the best of moods to debate with Felicia today.

The past several weeks were the usual now and it was becoming very dull and boring with Emily. Almost every day now, Felicia felt the need to 'remind' Emily about her drinking; in her defense, Emily had cut back and rarely went out like she used to. If she knew one of her siblings were heading out for a drink, she'd tag along; it was Emily's excuse to not only hang out with one of her siblings but to forget about Felicia, the club and the world.

Emily adored Felicia and had mad respect for the woman; she was about the only one willing to put up with Emily's inherited ways and truly understand were she was coming from. But even the most patience of kind souls have their limits. She heard Felicia sigh and leave the room.

To be honest, Emily wanted it that way; she was growing worn out with Felicia's need to nag her as if she were a child that didn't know better. She heard enough of that from her own mother. She didn't need it from Felicia. Emily closed her eyes and allowed the warm water to trickle down her body. The headache was subsiding and the need to vomit was disappearing.

Emily felt the sudden touch of velvet fingers against her skin. She opened her eyes and found Vivian sitting on the opposite side; she crossed her legs, as she peered at Emily. Her green eyes were glued to the female Georgie, as Emily sighed heavily.

"Woot now, Vivian?"

Vivian shrugs. "What? I can't check on my Emily Porgie?"

"Ya' know, I DO have other siblings ya' can look after."

"I know but...." Vivian looks straight into Emily's eyes. "None of them have what their father used to have. None of them like to stir the pot like you do or create problems where they don't NEED to be."

"Oh fook off, Vivian." Emily cups her hands and gathers water. She tosses the liquid at Vivian. "Get the bloody devil outta me shower."

Vivian shakes her head. "Oh Emily...they were so worried about your brother that they didn't see this little girl destined to be the next Georgie Porgie."

"Ya' make it sound like a fookin' death sentence, Vivian."

"It's not, Emily...just a fact."

"I fookin' know 'bout all that bullshit, Vivian. We've bloody been through this already, 'member? Remus, Amber...Peter nearly fookin' causin' this town ta' go up in flames."

Vivian folds her arms. "I know...I'm not here for that though, Emily."

Great, Emily thought as she pressed her head against the wall. The fuck now?

"Woot did I bloody do to deserve this, Vivian? It's 'cause ya' want me hot, naked, vulnerable body, huh?"

"Cut it out, Emily. I'm sure on any other day, that would have left me on the floor pissin' my pants but not today."

Emily leans forward. "Woot then, Vivian 'cause I got a busy day ahead of me..."

"You are headed for something that will forever change the way you act and look at this world..."

Emily nearly laughs. "The fook ya' talkin' 'bout?"

"Your father's fate was simply this: A lost soul will help him mend his wicked ways and see the beauty that another soul can give him. YOU are the same way, Emily..."

"Woot ya' talkin' 'bout, Vivian!? Felicia-"

"IS a bandaid. Just like I WAS to your father...that's NOT love, Emily."

Emily stands up, turns the shower off and steps out.

"What ya' gettin' at, Vivian? Ya' think ya' KNOW everything there is 'bout me, cause ya' fookin have no idea-"

"I know enough to come seek you out, Emily."

Emily wraps the towel around her body. She wipes the mirror and peers into the glass.

"Then WHO the bloody devil will save me poor lost soul, Vivian? Huh?"

"The soul of a thousand fires. Someone that sees the anguish, struggle and desires that are trapped behind those Brown eyes. A soul that understands and has wished to take your hand and take you far away from this."

Emily slams her hand down on the counter; the sudden noise scares Vivian, as she jumps. Emily glares up. Vivian knows that look all too well. Georgie.

"I'm NOT leavin' this bloody club-"

"You have potential, Emily. It would be a fresh start. You and the baby-"

Emily's eyes are enormous, as Vivian covers her mouth.

"Baby?!" Emily marches towards Vivian. "WOOT muthafuckin' baby are you flappin' ya' gums ova' there 'bout!?"

"No...nothing, Emily." Vivian shakes her head. "Forget I said those words-"

"EMILY CAITLYNN PORGIE will neva' have a kid, got that blondie?! Maybe ya' meant the OTHER Georgie look-alike! Me brother Junior has a nasty habit of makin' these little bastards that cry, poop and eat all the bloody time!"

Vivian is nearly drawn to tears. "I will NOT let you end up like him, Emily! YOU have so much more than this club will ever provide for you! There is someone out there that loves you with all his-"

"HIS!?" Emily grabs the wastebasket and tosses it against the shower. The strength leaves a crack, as seceral pieces fall to the ground. "Ya' gotta be bloody kiddin' me right now, Vivian!"

"There is nothing WRONG with that, Emily!" Vivian stands her ground. "Lots of people are bisexual creatures! You have to stop living in this bubble and step out of this! This club-THIS bullshit that we poured our hearts and souls into-nearly took your father's life and left me wondering this world for eternity! I will not...I will-"

Vivian covers her eyes. Emily sighs, as she walks over to Vivian. She grabs the distressed woman and pulls her close.

"I will not let you do the same mistakes your father did...."

"Vivian-"

There was a knock on the door. It was Gren.

"Shit, Emily! You alright in there?! HEY-don't make me come in there 'cause I will-"

"I'm fine! Just...dropped something...."

There was silence, as Vivian stood up. Her green eyes remained on Emily. Sadly, Emily knew Vivian would never lie to her, especially something like this. Those eyes told her so. Emily also knew the dejected truth; she was becoming the monster that consumed her father and was heading down the same destructive path. But was Vivian right about the lost soul? This baby?

Vivian waved her arm, as a bright light entered the room.

"I must go but I will return later. Please...think about what I've said..."

Before Emily could answer, she was gone. Emily hung her head low, as she brushed her hair and pulled it back. Quickly dressing, Emily finishes the outfit off with her tradmark Bowler hat. As she places it upon her head, she sees it all: her father and nothing more. For the first time, Emily was disgusted by the reflection. Was Vivian right? WAS she becoming too much of what her father used to be?

There was a knock. "Emily, sweetie...you alright?"

Emily spat at the mirror, as she turned to open the door.

"Yeah...I'm fine, Gren. Headin' out now...."

As she opened the door, Gren stood under the doorway; his eyes were puffy, red and completed with dark circles. Emily couldn't remember the last time he looked terrible like this. Gren beamed, however, when Emily closed the lights and left the bathroom.

"You scared me, kiddo. You alright?"

Emily grabs a little black book inside her nightstand. "Neva' better. Ya' comin' or what? Got a club ta' run."

Following Emily, the two head down the stairs. Emily's head begins to throb again, as she sits in her chair.

The same chair Georgie used to sit in.

Any questions, you know the drill. BRRR! Its so foggy and cold today....love it!!

• Like I said, I never wanted them to have issues and the gift will remain a secret till next chapters. :) Typical boy behavior for this time of year.

Also, that image! Gren is creeping, Pie! And what image are you talking about....OH! You mean THIS one:

Alt text

No, my good man-YOU'RE welcome. :D

pudding_pie posted: »

RJ! You little sneak you! I wonder what Robert got him that he feels the need to hide it....hmm... Also, love how Lyla and Robert have th

• She peered over at Gren, who was still sound asleep in the chair beside her dresser.

I'm very surprised to see Gren still here but I guess after seeing someone you know and love come back so shit faced, I'd stay to make sure, too.

I nticed something here, too. Emily does not call Gren 'uncle' like the others do. Is there a reason for that? I thought it was nothing but the last chapter with Emily did the same thing.

Also, its nice to see Vivian again. :) I was wondering when she would return, considering she is Emily's guiding light.

"The soul of a thousand fires. Someone that sees the anguish, struggle and desires that are trapped behind those Brown eyes. A soul that understands and has wished to take your hand and take you far away from this."

This sent chills down my spine when she said this. I wonder who this soul is? AND what the hell....a baby in Emily's future?! 0.0 No way!!! Wow! Now I'm really curious about this section!

And another thing I have a question about. You don't have to answer if you don't want but are Carla and Gren seperated? I know they were having trouble and he's always alone now. They broke up for a month after Rosie was born, so I'm just curious about that. If so, where is Gren staying and how are the kids taking this?

Oh man! I'm curious now about how Emily and everyone else sees her.

Emily finishes the outfit off with her tradmark Bowler hat. As she places it upon her head, she sees it all: her father and nothing more. For the first time, Emily was disgusted by the reflection. Was Vivian right? WAS she becoming too much of what her father used to be?

:0

Following Emily, the two head down the stairs. Emily's head begins to throb again, as she sits in her chair.

The same chair Georgie used to sit in.

Seems like Vivian sees the path she is on and sadly, it was the same one that nearly left her father dead and gone. I'm curious to also see if Emily accepts this and leaves the club or will she stay till the bitter end like Georgie did?

Ugh! Emily's story is going to be another one of your tear producing stories. Can't wait to find out more and the same with Peter and Ethan. I love the Porgie clan so much!

Emily could hear the rustle of the bags downstairs; Felicia was home and as she began putting the groceries away, Emily sat up. She was in h

• Pleased to hear it. :D

Tetra posted: »

Glad you liked it So kind Lupine I'm not leaving this thread until this thread gets shut down or something happens to me so I will always make a comeback!

• Yeah, those are pretty valid reasons to be annoyed with Mondays. I remember feeling much the same when I was at school. Monday afternoons can be fine :) and at least by the end of Monday you're the furthest away from the next one!

Thank you. I would have colored the rest but me damn marker for the flesh tone ran out. xD Time for a new one! lol Me and Mondays have ne

• lol you wrote this as a reply to my post ^-^

MasterStone posted: »

A VERY DRAGON CHRISTMAS, Part 2 As Fred began to scout the area while feeding Marcelo candy canes, Marcelo asked Fred how this all happen

• Chapter Eight - At least someone's having a fun time.

Cinderella looks down at the pallid face of Prince Charming and wonders what he's dreaming; for he must be dreaming, as his eyes clearly move side to side below the lids, and occasionally his head will turn. Would he make it through?, she wondered – after all, the gouges had been deep in his chest. Then, his right hand twitches, a thin smile spreads across his face and he murmurs something inaudible, but that clearly brings delight to his dreaming self. And from the look on his face, Cinderella knows what that delight is about. Even while dying all he can think about is sex. It'd be kind of cute, she reflects, if it wasn't somehow so damn creepy.

“I hope I'm that happy when I'm dying,” comments Mr. Weasel, who's momentarily stopped pacing up and down in order.

“He isn't dying,” explains Cindy.

“I still hope I'm that happy.” And Mr. Weasel resumes his light and fast pace across the floorboards of Dr. Jekyll's office. So regular is his pace that there is always a five second gap either side of his standing on a singular floorboard that squeaks.

Miss Muffet, who's been watching over the unnervingly still Dixa lying upon Dr. Jekyll's desk, has gone from obliging in regards to Weasel's pacing, then to mildly disgruntled, before arriving at irritation; and now, after fifteen minutes of regular squeaking, cannot stand it anymore.

squeak

“Mr. Weasel!” She glares at him, and Weasel stops and wobbles slightly with one foot just above the wooden floor. “Do you have to keep pacing back and forth so! It's a terrible nuisance.”

“It helps me think,” he replies. Then he puts his hovering foot down and manages to find another squeak.

“Oh, why can't you be more like Flycatcher and sit down?!”

Mr. Weasel glances behind him at Flycatcher, who's sitting in the spare chair by the window, and by all accounts appears to be in a state of shock with the most blank expression upon his face. He turns back to Miss Muffet. “If I sit down I cannot think,” he tells her.

“Well, what is there to think about really?”

“The weather!” He points out of the window where there is fog so thick they could be floating in the clouds. “It's gone from black, to sunny, to Monday morning in the Scottish highlands, and I think it's worth considering.”

“Oh, if you had any idea of what's occurring you'd have realized it ten minutes ago!”

Cindy looks over to the two and can see a dangerous look in Weasel's eyes.

“You know,” he says, “for an unassuming lady you sure have a big mouth!” Miss Muffet gasps at such a slight against her, and the matter isn't helped by the still dreaming Charming letting out a faint but very upper-class 'ahahaha', seconds later.

“Why,” she begins to retort, “I thought you English-men were supposed to be all gentlemanly, but now I see the true meaning behind the phrase, 'as made as a sack full of weasels'!”

“How dare you, madam!”

Cinderella immediately stamps her heeled foot down, doing so in such a commanding manner that the only noise afterwards is Mr. Weasel's loud pocket-watch, and the mumblings of Prince Charming. “Would you two just shut up! Dixa and Charming are lying in states of grave health, and -- well, at least one of them is!” She corrects herself when Prince Charming, still in his dream-state, begins giggling loudly.

“Um, everyone.” Addressed, everyone whirls their heads around to glare at Flycatcher, who'd spoken for the first time in almost an hour. “I think something might be happening to Dixa.”

Once again, everyone – well, three people – whirl and this time look at Dixa; her position atop the desk hasn't changed, however her hands that remain as that of a Yeti's have began to to clench and un-clench. The fingers, thick and covered in white fur, splay out tensed, and then her claws hit the side of the desk and move up along the side, leaving deep grooves. It is wise that Miss Muffet has taken precautionary steps away from Dixa, as suddenly the lady's eyes flash open and her upper-body springs up in a knee-jerk manner. She inhales deeply and loudly; then she proceeds to cough in a manner so dry sounding one would think sand had invaded her lungs.

“Dixa!” Cries Cindy, and she runs over to her friend to pat her delicately on her back, as the coughing begins to sound more like choking.

“I'll get some water!” Mr. Weasel decides, and hurriedly leaves.

“ackkkkackakak – snow – ackakackak.” Dixa coughs.

Cindy is confused. “You want Snow to come?”

“ackakackkathak – no! Snow!.” Dixa waves her hand in the air to mimic as best she can the snow she is referencing.

“Oh! Snow! Where the hell am I supposed to get snow from?!”

Dixa inhales painfully again. “Choking here, Cindy!”

Mr. Weasel appears, a full jug of water and empty glass in hand, and steps next to Dr. Jekyll's desk. He begins to steadily pour water into the glass when Dixa swipes the jug from him and starts guzzling it down with ardent swallowing. A matter of seconds later the jug has been emptied off all but droplets on the side.

“Thanks,” Dixa says to Mr. Weasel in a voice more husky than a chain-smoking blacksmith. “Can you get me some more, please.”

“Of course! Glad to have you back with us.” And, smiling, Mr. Weasel departs.

Two more jugs of water later and Dixa is still sitting atop the desk, but able to speak far clearer.

“Thank you for bringing me,” she tells them all.

“It was Weasel here who carried you,” says Cindy while patting Mr. Weasel on the shoulder.

Dixa smiles at him. “Thank you, Percy.”

“No problem,” he beams back. “You're heavier than you look, though! Which, erm, probably isn't the best thing to say.”

Cindy rolls her eyes. “You see, this is why we” - she points back and forth with her finger - “have never dated.”

“You'd date me?” Weasel wears surprise on his face in a most obvious manner.

Before that line of conversation can continue, Snow White walks in through the door, with Beauty behind her. “What's happened to the weather now?” Snow's irked by it.

It's Flycatcher who answers her question, informing her of the sun coming out and then the fog forming.

“Oh,” she replies. “I've been in the archives. I see you're back with us Dixa!”

“Yes,” comes the reply, “for a little while I thought you might have all died with me!” The corners of her mouth are raised in a cheeky smile, but no one laughs – instead, they all show polite smiles - and so the corners return to their resting state. “I see the knock on my head hasn't improved by comical-abilities.”

Cindy replies still forming the polite smile. “Remember that talk we had about jokes, dear?”

“Ahem, anyway,” says Snow, “it's good to see you doing so well.”

“Thank you. I am a Yeti, you know: where I've lived you get used to falling and it damages us little. Just knocks us out for a while.”

Miss Muffet puts forth a question. “What was all that about wanting snow when you wake up? The wet kind, I mean,” she adds while glancing over to Snow White.

“Oh, living in the frozen mountains there is little liquid water, so we eat snow. It helps with Yeti related things.” A vague answer, but any in-depth information would not be suited to the moment, Dixa realized.

A sounds of heavy footfall comes from the corridor outside, and then Grimble pokes his head around the door, looking nervous. “Miss White, just the person. Bigby's come back, and Beast's with him.”

Enjoyed writing this one! Any questions, ask away! We'll get to the end of it all shortly. :)

• Nice to see Therese letting her wolf out! And finishing William off in such a bloody manner seems very fitting, though Adam. :( Were things every really going to end well there, what with his very conflicted history. He fought bravely, at least. Now I'm wondering if we're going to see Charlotte again!

Everything happened so fast. Therese was on the roof of the castle right now, William's arms holding her tight as he watched her saviors cli

• edited December 2014

On the one hand this is rather fun, and on the other hand it's slightly disturbing, what the Gingerbread Men being very angry and whatnot. Not a bad mix. :D I particularly like Bob's reaction to being spotted. xD How do you defeat a direct clone of yourself? Hmm.

A VERY DRAGON CHRISTMAS, Part 2 As Fred began to scout the area while feeding Marcelo candy canes, Marcelo asked Fred how this all happen

• Aww, these two make a great father-son duo. xD Thinking of RJ sneaking a peek at his present makes me wonder what Robert was like as a child, and then what Gren was like. I imagine Gren was a pain. xD Anyway, Robert's patience with RJ is great, and his appreciation for RJ's creations, such as the ornament!

Christmas Challenge "Get out of there, mister!" RJ thought he had enough time while his dad placed the leftover Sloppy Joe mix in a co

• Oopps xD

lol you wrote this as a reply to my post ^-^

• I come back from my art exam to Adam dieing D: WHY! He was such a nice guy :'( At least William got what he deserved :D Good on Therese for biting his head clean off bringing just the cruel death I asked for! :D Keep up the good work! :)

• Mary's minions carried Adam down from the roof. Therese had changed back to human, the servant girl Noelle handing her a thick satin robe for the time being. She was beside herself, watching as the mess was slowly cleaned up. Reynard tugged her arm from behind, silently willing her to follow.

Therese suddenly panicked,"We need to find Franklin. He's being kept somewhere- We need to-"

Reynard slammed the door they entered through shut. He paced across the hall, digging his dried bloody hands through his wet hair. "We will find him," He said quietly, in a frustrated manner.

Therese clamped her mouth shut, drawing in a quick fearful breath. People deal with loss in different ways. She hadn't expected such a burst of anger from Reynard.

She approached him slowly. He was facing away now, pressing his head against the hard rock wall. Her hand grazed the middle of his back, which was drenched with rain and sweat and blood, and watched as he tensed up from her fingers.

"I will miss Adam too," She whispered. She knew it was all about Adam. It seemed as though Reynard had grown close to the man in Therese's absence, and she could only wonder at how much harder it was for him.

Reynard turned to face her, a whole head taller than she was. He looked down both ends of the hall, completely empty going both ways. "We need to find Franklin. Do you know which way?"

Therese pressed her thumb on her chin. "I think he was taken that way." She pointed left. Reynard hurried off, leading her down the dim lit halls. He opened every door, most of them holding bed chambers or specialty rooms. A staircase going up was at the end, and he started trekking those as well.

"Do you think he's in this tower?" He asked, his hands using the stone walls as support as he climbed. Therese dragged behind, her bare feet making an echo as she went up too.

"Yes, it was in this direction, and this was our only option. He has to be in the tower. Maybe at the top?"

"I hope so."

The met a single wooden door, chained with a lock at the top. Therese grabbed it in her hand, inspecting it when the lines on her arms and legs began to glow in the low light.

"What the-"

The lock fell open, thudding on to the ground and down a few steps before them.

"That was interesting," Reynard said. He pushed the wood door open, and was met with a circular storage room.

There were high windows with metal bars on them, boxes stacked even higher, to the ceiling. He could hear something in there. Something....whimpering?

"Franklin?" Therese called. There was a rustle of chains somewhere. She crept closer, to one corner of the room. Behind boxes came a sort of candle light, and she peaked over to see who was there.

It was Franklin. He was chained and crying, tears staining his face from days of crying. He looked bruised in some areas, even some cuts. When he saw her, he yelped and brought his arms around her leg.

The same thing happened when Therese took the chains Franklin was bound to. They fell off, and the boy stared in awe as her tattooes lit up in the dark.

"Are you hungry?" She asked him. He nodded eagerly. She watched Reynard bend down to pick Frankie up, the boy pressing his head against the Fox's chest.

"I want my mom," Franklin uttered. "I want my mommy. I want her."

"Mary," Therese whispered to Reynard. "Let's bring him to Mary, ASAP."

They took the same path down, reentering the ceremonial room which was now being mopped by the remaining guards who'd surrendered early in to Mary's personal battle. She looked as smug as William would have, except Therese knew Mary was humble underneath that smugness. When Mary spotted Franklin, she nearly collapsed on herself, falling to her knees as they brought her adoptive son over.

"You found him!" She said. She looked like she might start crying, but she held it back as Reynard gave Franklin to her. She wrapped her arms around the boy and whispered how much she missed him into his ear as he kept telling her he was hungry and tired.

Reynard pulled Therese aside again. "We need to find the bird, now."

She understood. "I don't know where William's room was. He never took me too it."

"I have reason to believe it's probably situated at the tallest tower. The one he put you on top of." Without waiting for Therese's answer, he led her again down a series of halls. He was really aimlessly walking, hoping that it would take him the right way. They came to another staircase in the center of the castle, the one that surely took them to William's room.

Unlike the tower Franklin was retrieved from, this one had graceful white french style doors that were wide open. Therese's stomach did flips as she entered the room, looking at the wilting flower petals covering the mattress.

"I suppose he was planning on taking me here afterwards," She muttered. The floor too was covered in red and white petals. She felt them stick to the bottom of her feet as she observed the rest of the room, looking for the supposed bird William mentioned.

"I think I've found it," Reynard said. He pulled a blanket covering a dome topped cage. There it was, the little yellow bird staring at them with beady eyes.

"Looks like a normal bird to me," Therese said, bending down to get a better look. Reynard examined the animal, noticing the same style of leaf printed in to the bird's fur as Therese had on her body.

"Strange..."

The bird began to twitter, it's noisy squawks filling the otherwise noiseless room. He noticed Therese's eyes go wide as the bird stopped.

"Did you hear that?" Tessie asked, her jaw ajar as she stared at Reynard.

"Hear what?"

Therese brought her hand to her mouth. "I heard what she said. You didn't?"

Reynard shook his head."Came out as tweets to me. What did she say?"

Therese turned her head to the bird. "Can I tell him?"

The bird gave a brief squawk, and Therese turned back to Reynard. "She asked where her darling 'William' was. Doesn't sound like a captive creature to me. I think she might actually still be in love with him."

"She probably doesn't know a thing he's done," Reynard muttered. He opened the cage door, letting the bird out. She perched herself on Therese's arm carefully, her little head darting around the room.

"Uhm...Grace?" Therese began. The bird squawked again.

Reynard was clueless. "I think...we'd better take her downstairs to see....uhm...what has happened, perhaps?"

Therese nodded in agreement. She took the bird with her back down the stairs, into the atrium that had a shortcut back to the ceremony room. "Here we are."

The bird seemed to have drawn in a quick breath. It was cleaned up for the most part now, Mary sat with Franklin on her lap on a couch that Reynard specifically remembered a dead body lying on moments ago, and in the center of the room was a large fire. The only thing that burned was William's body, the smoke tracking up to the open skylights at the ceiling.

Nearby, was a pull cart. They were bringing Adam to wherever he was to be buried. The bird flew over immediately, resting itself on Adam's unmoving chest. She squawked more, and Therese payed attention to the creature's words.

"my poor brother.....my brother...how could this happen? how could this happen? he wasn't supposed to die......william promised me.....he wasn't supposed to die.....oh, the agony...."

Therese looked away, wiping fresh tears away. She couldn't stand to look any longer. She asked with out turning her head, where the bird Grace may have wanted her brother buried at.

"the well please.....near the well.....in the woods.....we lived near that well for a long time...."

"So be it," Therese said as best as she could with out choking up. "We will bury him at sun down."

The bird continued to weep. Therese felt incredibly alone in that moment, and stalked off to the only room that felt vaguely familiar to her. Her bedchambers.

That's all for now! I hope you liked it, I figure there will be two or more chapters, and then I'll start the Christmas challenge :) I plan on involving Harm's cubs again as central characters, maybe introduce new ones or build up characters who need building up. You know the drill :) Hope you are having good days, I am so busy every day it's not even funny. I have to buy a present for a 6 year old because I have a holiday party to go to at one of the elementary schools through a club I'm in in school and each student picks a name from a hat to give a gift to the kids and yeah I have to get mine today. It's tomorrow, but I was given the kid a week ago but you know procrastination looks like I will be fighting parents in the toy aisle for the last bit of pokemon cards and action figures. Fun.

• I often wonder myself what Christmas was like for the Grendels, especially someone with such 'qualities' as Gren. xD I may just add that in there for humor purposes. And the sneaking to take a peek...kinda did that myself as a child. And Robert is a wonderful father. :) Very caring and understanding.

LupineNoir posted: »

Aww, these two make a great father-son duo. xD Thinking of RJ sneaking a peek at his present makes me wonder what Robert was like as a child

• It was finally able to come to her :) I wanted William to go out the way he should. Adam's death....It was hard for me to write about. I personally really liked his character a lot, but I figured the way things were going, there was bound to be something monumental such as his death to happen. I actually had alternative plans to have him fall in love with Noelle, Or, have Noelle like him since before he left the kingdom and such, and then him finding out after the battle and deciding to roll with it, but I scrapped those for a more emotional impact that made more sense to me. I had a feeling he should die, and he did. And his sister is alive. So yeah! I hope you liked it ^-^

Nice to see Therese letting her wolf out! And finishing William off in such a bloody manner seems very fitting, though Adam. Were things ev

• Yeah :( Sadly, one of our heroes is gone. I had a few plans for him, but chose the 'death path' (see my reply to LupineNoir above for further detail). William DEFINITELY got what he deserved. I made sure it was Therese who did it, too. Thank you, as always :)

I come back from my art exam to Adam dieing WHY! He was such a nice guy At least William got what he deserved Good on Therese for biting his head clean off bringing just the cruel death I asked for! Keep up the good work!

• edited December 2014

The room was slowly getting darker as evening drew closer. She hadn't changed into anything like she hoped to do when she got to her room; She was too grief stricken to do anything, really.

Had she loved Adam? She wondered this for the better half of those hours spent alone, especially during the night before William drugged her. She was eternally conflicted with those feelings, not knowing what was genuine and what was fake. Was any of it fake?

And then there was Reynard. She was even more conflicted in that area than with Adam. There were times where she was absolutely pissed at the fox, and then there were other times that were so calm, so sweet, that it took every fiber of her being to restrain any advances in his direction. After all, they were coworkers.

But.....so were her mother and father. Bigby and Snow, they worked beside one another for years upon years. She heard the stories a million plus times, how he'd loved her at first sight, and how she never realized it until it was almost too late, but she loved him too. And now they were still together, still remotely happy, watching their legacy grow before them. Would it be as wrong as Therese had imagined if she were to accept Reynard and love him?

The door creaked open, making her jump out of fright. It was the fox, with his red hair sticking in every direction and the same dirty and stained polo he hadn't yet changed out of. His cheeks flushed.

"I'm-...I didn't know this was your bedroom. I'm sorry-"

"No," Therese said. "Don't go. You don't have to, at least. Are you lost?"

He shook his head softly. "No. Just wandering. Finding secrets. You know. Adventuring." He said the words with no interest whatsoever. Just remorse.

"Do you want to stay here a little while?" Therese said after a minute of staring at him. "I'm quite....lonely."

Reynard awkwardly nodded his head."Uh...yeah. Sure. I-....I um, I'm a little stinky..."

"It's okay," She whispered. "So am I."

The fox sauntered over, his eyes wandering over the trinkets on her dresser and over the paintings on the wall. They were beautiful, Therese thought, and wondered who may have painted them. He sat in an armchair across from her bedside, and grabbed a little glass figurine on her end table.

His eyes drifted back up to hers, staring intently as the room became a slighter shade darker. Soon, they would have to leave. But, for now, they could enjoy the silence of each other company.

He leaned toward Therese, causing her to tense up. She wondered what he was thinking about. What was going through his mind right now? His dark blue eyes moved over the lower half her arms, the parts where you could see the lines swirl gracefully around her wrist and up her forearm.

She reached out, grabbing the hand that held the glass figure. Her free hand took the figure from his hand, and placed it softly back on the table. Then, she held both his hands in hers. She was hit with a wave of his emotions, as if holding his hands was the key to his soul.

Agony. Depression. Confliction. Sorrow. Pity.

Love.

He was suppressing that one back as hard as he could, but she could feel slithers of it enter her. He was in love.

He was love.

She began to tear up again as she raised her head to his. His eyes were unmoving as she tugged on him, willing him to sit on the edge of her bed. He did so, their faces so much closer than before.

The feelings were overwhelming. She wondered if he felt hers. If he in turn received her own feelings as she received his. There was no way she could tell, not right away, anyway. Closer, closer he drew. She let go of his hands, her chin resting on his shoulder. She could hear his breathing. In and out. In and out. It was steadier than her heart beat, which was picking up speed by the minute. She rolled her robe sleeves up, watching as his eyes moved from hers and on to the continuation of leaves and vines that circled her arms and on to her unexposed shoulder blades.

Not a word was said between them, and yet she knew exactly what he was telling her. He was saying he loved her just by looking at her the way he was. She untied the front of her robe, and saw the alarm on his face.

"Shhh," She said, nuzzling her face back into his chest. He smelled of blood, sweat, and rain. Oddly, it didn't faze her in the least bit. She slowly drew the satin fabric away from her torso, letting it fall from her shoulders and expose herself.

"You don't have to," He whispered.

"I want you to see it all," She whispered back. "I want you to see it all."

She took his hands, holding them as he traced the lines with his fingers, across her shoulders, down the center of her chest between her breasts and around her belly button. From their, the lines branched to her thighs and down the length of her folded legs.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I know. And I love you too," She answered him.

Their lips locked softly. He held her in his arms in an embrace, and they kissed.

There was a knock at the door. Mary's muffled voice came through the mahogany. "It's time for the funeral."

I hope you guys like this <3 I need to go to bed in an hour, so goodnight! One or two more chapters, probably. If there are more, than there are more. I'm not particularly concerned at this point. I want to tie a few more loose ends before moving on :) I have a few BIG plans for the Christmas Challenge, so stay tuned when that come around :)

• Those Gingerbread men, I swear. Kill 'em! Kill 'em all!

A VERY DRAGON CHRISTMAS! On a very cold and dark winter night, Viera tucks her young son Marcello into bed. She kisses him goodnight and

• No, no, no! Therese is too sweet and innocent to fall victim to a spell like that! ;(

Williamgonnadie.

Captured. The group was only able to get a few hundred feet, until both Adam and Mary were picked up by the ogre's mighty hands. Reynard had

• Finally caught up to reading THIS part for now. I knew they would crash the 'wedding' eventually! Don't worry about the language either: it's totally understandable given the circumstances with Will and all. XD

That's awesome you were actually in/at a parade! Haven't seen one in forever! That's all I can say for now, really.

The castle was heavily guarded. The trio was in the muddy moat under the bridge, listening for activity above their heads. "...So he says

• Your bad has been excused. ;)

Oops my bad dragon XD

• Young adult RJ kinda looks like the antagonist from Watch Dogs! Kinda. XP

RJ Grendel in all three forms; true, child and adult version. Robert ran back to his apartment. The front doors oscillated open, as he n

• Dixa, my beloved, you are finally back in the material world!

Alt text

Also, Cindy and Mr. Weasel on a date WOULD definitely be something to see. :)

Chapter Eight - At least someone's having a fun time. Cinderella looks down at the pallid face of Prince Charming and wonders what he's d

• Whoa, Vivian! It's been quite a while since we last saw you, huh? It's also surprising that out of all the times she could've chosen to visit Emily, she had to pick the time when she was in the shower. XD

The ending was really dark as well, if I may add.

P.S. - I love the cold too, the fog's not bad either. :O

Emily could hear the rustle of the bags downstairs; Felicia was home and as she began putting the groceries away, Emily sat up. She was in h

• Michelle sounds like a very great character indeed! And the tattoo stories were so awkward-sounding. XD

Ethan was too much like his uncle Gren. Perhaps as a young boy, after close observation and the many summer nights spent there, he learned t

• Oh man that just makes this more sad oh well hahaha, here's hoping that things will go a bit more smoothly now that William is out of the way. No problem :D

Yeah Sadly, one of our heroes is gone. I had a few plans for him, but chose the 'death path' (see my reply to LupineNoir above for further

• Thanks. :) I'm trying to add a few little characters into the mix. Try some things out. And that actually happened to one of my friend's cousins last year. 0.O Ewwww....lol

Michelle sounds like a very great character indeed! And the tattoo stories were so awkward-sounding. XD

• That image! Like, DAFUQ! I'll get you back, Jones! >:D

And looking forward to the next one. This is getting really good!!

Like I said, I never wanted them to have issues and the gift will remain a secret till next chapters. Typical boy behavior for this time of

• It was a pretty random moment for Vivian to visit Emily but I figure she had her chance to sit and speak to her; not like Emily had any other choice at that moment. XD

Glad it was dark because that is what I was trying to aim for. Emily has her moments....

And I love the cold! My fiancee hates it but to me, this is the best.

Whoa, Vivian! It's been quite a while since we last saw you, huh? It's also surprising that out of all the times she could've chosen to visi

• I agree with Dragon-Dixa you 'ol girl! Welcome back!

Man! EVERYONE has been bitten by the romantic bug on this thread: Lyla and Georgie, Tezoth and Rose, Weasel and Cindy and harm and Tim. We are just waiting for the others....err..wait. MISSED one. Robert and, well....Lyla. XD

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this date. Great like always!

Chapter Eight - At least someone's having a fun time. Cinderella looks down at the pallid face of Prince Charming and wonders what he's d

• Oh Adam....no, no, no....I was happy to know William was dead and T back where she belongs. Man, this poor thing. All that ba and for what...Reynard proved me wrong and although I'm still not 100% sure, looking forward to what happens with these two.

As far as the challenge goes, I too am looking forward to that; Harm and Tim's cubs are always getting into something and it makes me smile and laugh everytime. And the gift exchange....oh those bring back memories. Procrastination sucks and I hope you find the perfect gift because right now, things are insane in the membrane out there!!!

Mary's minions carried Adam down from the roof. Therese had changed back to human, the servant girl Noelle handing her a thick satin robe fo

• You've got to go with your instincts on these things, and though his love with Noelle would have been interesting - because we'd have seen more of his character outside of the whole William thing - it did kind of seem that he was the sort of character that wasn't going to make it. His sister still being alive is a good twist! I like it. xD But this thread has just lost it's one and only musician. D,: :P

It was finally able to come to her I wanted William to go out the way he should. Adam's death....It was hard for me to write about. I perso

• Yeah, and she's going to be staying in it for the foreseeable future! The date wasn't actually something I had planned, but after your's and Pie's comment I've got quite a few ideas, so if I get chance I'll do that as a holiday special or something. I think it'd be fun to write. :P

And you just always know where to get the best Doctor Who gifs from, don't ya! ;D

Dixa, my beloved, you are finally back in the material world! Also, Cindy and Mr. Weasel on a date WOULD definitely be something to see.

• I like how much you and Dragon are Dixa fans, even though she's only been in half the story! I like her too, though, so I'll probably come back to her future stories. :)

You're so right! And a lot of our stories are, or recently have been, using love as a plot-point. Really, I think we're all just a bunch of romantics. ;D

Yeah, I've got some plans for the date, and I think I'll aim to get it all posted later in the month. I could start the December challenge, but going on previous records I might not get it finished till January! And most other people are doing it anyway. :)

I agree with Dragon-Dixa you 'ol girl! Welcome back! Man! EVERYONE has been bitten by the romantic bug on this thread: Lyla and Georgie,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.