Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Mary WILL kick ass, don't worry! And yeah, the Clamour for Glamour story arc produced a new beautiful baby girl named Fair :) Reynard seems to be taking the father role seriously over there, so it's all good :) I bet she knows and just hasn't told you anything XD

pudding_pie posted: »

Don't ever doubt yourself. You have more creativity coming out of those fingers than you think. But, I understand what you mean. Sometimes

• I can see why Peter is particularly close to RJ :)

I WILL be doing the challenge, directly after my current story is done, you know? I think I MIGHT do it around the time that Harm's first litter were young, but it's still a debate in my head XD

My fiancee said the SAME thing to me. xD She said techincally, its NOT a proper noun but I remember my mother used to get onto me when I was

• Prologue

"We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we found out they were inside of us."

Georgie had failed on numerous accounts when it came to his fears. Sunflower began to worry he was not ready to face not only his fears but the city now anxious to see his face. The last six months Georgie remained on the Farm flew by like time's past. John and Snow knew he had no other option but to continue outside the comfort of the Farm.

Sunflower felt Georgie was not capable of being alone. Hans did not have the tools to take care of Georgie, nor did Nick truly understand. Indeed, he had been with Georgie through the good and bad but like so many before him, he was lost. Georgie required the love, patience and kindness that Lyla would eventually give him in time.

"He'll stay with us until he is strong enough to stand alone."

Sunflower turned around; John smoked a cigarette, as he walked from behind the bar. The moon hung above their heads. The Crickets chirped their nightly symphony, as the Frogs croaked near the pond and weeds. Fireflies danced along the midnight sky and flew into the tree tops.

"You going to take him in, Wolf?"

John exhaled. "You don't trust me, do you?"

Sunflower sighs. "I had no idea how severe it was. I knew it was BAD but...the shit I heard coming from his mouth. The idea of someone you TRUST taking that all away and leaving you as a shell...a SHELL of what you used to be. I feel like an asshole for thinking the way I did..."

"Don't beat yourself, Sunflower. Georgie made his own path. We are here to help him now."

Sunflower glanced up. "Do you think it will happen, John? Can one person really change the sate of another?"

John inhales the smoke. His eyes glance over to the little Cottage housing the infamous Georgie Porgie. His thoughts raced back to the Witch's predicament in regards to his daughter.

"You'll have a daughter most wild like the fire. She has the spirit of an untamed stallion but a heart of gold. She will sadly lose her way, John, until she finds another lost soul willing to help her see the light. With that lost soul, she will mend his as well. Both together will create a new path."

"Yeah...I know it will work, Sunflower. He just needs a lot of help."

Sunflower leans against the fence. "Henry is devestated, John."

"What do you mean?"

"He was up nearly all night watching Georgie. He hates knowing what runs through his mind at night. The fears. Thoughts...dreams."

"Georgie having Henry these past two years has helped him. He was Georgie's crutch. His voice."

"Is Nancy going to be his caregiver?"

"Yes. She will be doing the majority of the care. Snow and I will record his ups and downs. Trust me, Sunflower, he'll have some days were he's not going to mentally be willing to cooperate and he'll let all those fears come rushing back."

Sunflower sighs. "Don't take this the wrong way John but I don't want to see Georgie back here..."

John pats Sunflower on the back. "I promise you he won't be back here."

"I'm counting on you, Wolf."

Georgie was wide awake, as Henry snuggled closer. The fire was buring beside their bed; the shadows danced on the wall, as Georgie created images in his head.

"That one looks like a Cow." Henry points up. "See? Looks like he's eating grass."

Georgie chuckles. "Oh yeah. I kinda see him. Looks like he's standin' by a Horse ova' there."

Henry grabs Georgie's arm, as he tightly holds it against his chest. Georgie could feel his heart thumping along his skin.

"Ya' alright, kid?"

"Don't leave, Georgie..."

Georgie could feel his heart breaking, as Henry spoke. He tried to fight back the tears.

"I hafta' go, Henry. My time 'ere is done."

"I'll never see you again. You'll forget me."

"How can I forget you?"

Henry sits up. "You'll leave, never come back and I'll be alone again. You'll forget me."

Georgie laughs. "I can neva' forget ya' if ya' be comin' with me."

Henry's eyes light up. "What?"

Georgie rolls over. "I talked ta' Sunflower, John and Snow. At first, they were not too sure 'bout ya' leavin' the Farm and comin' with me but....Sunflower knew ya' be good ta' me ta' have 'round and ta' be honest....ya' have grown on me, kid."

Henry hugs Georgie's neck. He can no longer contain his happiness. "REALLY!? I get to be with you!?"

"Yes, Henry me boy. Ya' get ta' come with me..."

"OH! I've always WANTED to see the city of Fabletown..."

"It ain't THAT wonderful..."

Henry sighs. "I'd rather be somewhere that isn't wonderful with you than to be in a wonderful place and you're not there to share it with me."

Georgie pats Henry on the shoulder. "Ta' be honest kid, that sounds pretty damn wonderful."

Henry smiles, hugs Georgie once more and turns over. Georgie could still see the boy's joyful grin in his mind. Georgie lays back down on his back. His mind immediatly goes back to the days he had someone by his side; Vivian's image began haunting his vision and the night she pulled the Ribbon. They were a team. He and Henry were becoming a team. Could Georgie truly be involved with another the way he used to be?

Georgie closed his eyes; he saw Henry as an adult man, with the purple Ribbon around his neck. Georgie was alone in the club. He failed. Lyla could not stand the man he was and left him alone. Hans was gone. Everyone he knew was gonce. Except for Henry.

The boy, however, did not have the enderament in his eyes like he used to as a child. Georgie could do nothing, as he watched Henry pull the Ribbon from around his neck; as his body collasped to the ground, he went back to the night he was alone in the world. When Vivian left him.

Georgie tried to erase her memory and the image of Henry. He had hope again, as Georgie reached over and grabbed the Orb. As he held it close to his chest, Georgie peered up and gaped at the shadows once more. There she was. Lyla.

Georgie reached up. "I'm still 'ere, love."

Reyanrd stayed back, as Sunflower held Georgie against him. The Fable found it difficult to release Georgie back into the arms of Fabletown; John and Snow patiently waited by the truck, as Flycatcher leaned against the wheel and smiled.

"He'll do good, John. I have a good feeling."

John looked over at Flycatcher. "You do, huh?"

"Yeah. He seems like he really want's this, you know? You can see it in his eyes."

Sunflower shakes Henry's hand. "Keep an eye on him, Henry. I know you'll do that for me..."

Henry salutes. "I promise, sir."

Nick floated beside the boy; he knew this was a big risk and task ahead but Nick also knew Henry had a special place in Georgie's heart and the boy was patiently willing to stand beside him. That's what Georgie needed right now.

Sunflower pats Georgie's arm. "Now, don't take this the wrong way but...I don't want to see you back here, Georgie."

Georgie smiles. "I don't blame ya, Sunflower. I, uh....wanted to thank you."

"I believe you can do it, Georgie. Don't listen to them. You have friends here, son. If you EVER need me...you CAN overcome these demons, Georgie. I BELIEVE in you..."

Georgie could not hold back; he didn't care all eyes were on him, as he embraced Sunflower and cried on his shoulder.

"Thank you...."

"You'll be just fine. You'll make a fine addition to this world. Be better than he EVER was, Georgie..."

With one final pat on the back, Georgie and Henry headed towards the Truck. As he passed Reynard, the Fox simply gave a nod. Georgie and Henry sat in the back, as Flycatcher started the engine. Snow walks to the back.

"You ready, Georgie?"

"Ready as I'll eva' be, Snow."

The Truck backs up and pulls away from the Farm. Georgie watches as his past two years became nothing more than a part in his history book. Georgie watched the city appear up ahead, as the wind blew against his face.

The cool air pricked his skin, as his past became his future.

Any questions, let me know. Just a few more chapters to the prologue. :) If I MISSED anything or you need more explaining, please ask. :)

• I'm looking forward to the adventure to the North Pole! :D

"Eggnog with my 'special' ingredient."

"Rum?"

"Bingo, Porgie."

xD Oh Gren...I love him. Just like Georgie, you have given him an entire new and awesome personality. I'm still curious as to WHAT you have planned for him in your story with Ethan, Emily and Peter. BTW, is RJ going to appear in that one?

I hope Katie can see the truth and believe. :)

Christmas Challenge "I don't want them going to the North Pole, Georgie." Lyla hands Georgie a clean dish, as he wipes it dry with a t

• They make a brief cameo in the latest issues of the comics. I think issues 143-145.

LupineNoir posted: »

Having read about Bigby and his siblings in the comics I've been curious as to their fate, so it was enjoyable to read your own version of things! And to read about the events leading up to and including events with Draco from Wolven's perspective.

• "We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we found out they were inside of us."

I really loved this.

Sunflower sighs. "Don't take this the wrong way John but I don't want to see Georgie back here..."

John pats Sunflower on the back. "I promise you he won't be back here."

"I'm counting on you, Wolf."

I'm not going to lie. When you brought Sunflower and the Farm into this, I thought for SURE they were going to give Georgie hell but to be honest, in the end, he took a liking to the Fable and now has high hopes for him . :)

The idea of Henry going with Georgie was a great idea; he has no family and Georgie is the only person he seems to love. Plus, he and Henry grew close during his stay at the Farm. -holds up GO GEORGIE banner-

That bit where he pictured Henry as Vivian. I hope you cover this, too. Seems like Georgie blames himself and fears it will all happen again. :(

"I believe you can do it, Georgie. Don't listen to them. You have friends here, son. If you EVER need me...you CAN overcome these demons, Georgie. I BELIEVE in you..."

Georgie could not hold back; he didn't care all eyes were on him, as he embraced Sunflower and cried on his shoulder.

"Thank you...."

"You'll be just fine. You'll make a fine addition to this world. Be better than he EVER was, Georgie..."

Alt text

Prologue "We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we found out they were inside of us." Georgie had failed on numerous acc

• The idea of her being in WW2 popped in my head as I thought it would be cool to do that later on :D Give it a whirl Lupine! ;)

Sounds like we'll find out what those ways are later. :P I like the origin of her being from Bigby's time with the Commandos; I've thought of trying to reference Frankenstein's head in my own tales, actually.

• No problem EMMYPESS :D try to have a little more faith in your writing ;)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Yeah Thank you. I try, lol. I usually doubt myself when I think it's going to be a good chapter, and then as I'm about to post it, I'm like "What if it's not as great as I thought it would be?" And it usually is, so yeah.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited December 2014

Robert finally managed to get Lyla to take a night into the arms of the city. After a week of online chats, afternoon meals and the late night phone calls, Lyla agreed to go out with Robert. The only problem that faced Robert now was the Council.

John was once a member of the Wolf Council before he and Sheriff Bigby Wolf created a friendship; they did not quite see eye to eye with the Fables and made it a point to display their feelings. A War was still lurking around every corner. Rules kept the negative thoughts in minds and the chains of ignorance around their ankles.

Folkers felt they were nothing like Fables and kept themselves far away from Fabletown or any creature listed in the Fable catagory. Robert felt the feud was silly and was due for a new look. But stubborn as they were, Folkers refused to acknowledge Fables and work beside them. Lyla too knew she would need a distraction to avoid the Council finding out one of their own roamed the streets of Fables.

Robert knew the only person capable of knowing ways to sneak a Folker around would be his brother Gren. Dialing his number, Robert began to dry his hair and prepare for the night ahead of him.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gren. I need to ask you for a favor."

Robert could hear the jukebox music in the background and Jack's unusual laughter. He was at the Trip Trap.

"And what can I do for YOU big brother?"

"I need to know how you and Carla manage to sneak around Fabletown without word getting out that-"

Gren began to laugh. "Oh...I hear ya'. Them Folkers are some fuckin' sneaky ass Wolves-"

"Okay..." Robert rolls his eyes. Gren was drunk. "Can you JUST tell me HOW we can go out without people-"

"JACK! Fuckin' touch my shit again and I'll cut ya'!"

Robert patiently waited for their brawl to stop; he could hear Holly in the back, glasses breaking and Jack trying to avoid a drunk Gren. Robert managed to dry his hair, apply deoderant and get his jeans on before Gren finally answered.

"Sorry.....there was, a....a fly on my drink."

"Uh huh. Now, I'm gonna say this ONE last time-HOW can I get Lyla over-"

"Lyla?"

"Yes...."

Gren chuckles. "You SURE you wanna tame that wild Horse, Robert?"

"She's a really sweet girl, Gren. I KNOW Carla ain't no saint, either....."

"Yeah...she's a lady in the streets but a freak in the sh-"

"STOP! Just....please. Stop."

Gren snickers. "I'll help you but you fuckin' owe me."

"Fine, just-what do I do?"

"Have Lyla drink Aletris Farinosa in warm water before she comes over."

"Excuse me?"

Gren huffs. "Aletris Ferinosa. You know-Unicorn root? It will block her smell so the Wolves can't detect her roaming the streets of Fabletown."

"And it HAS to be in warm water?"

"Yes Robert. The fuckin' thing won't work in cold; too hot and it can be fatal. Trust me, thought-I'm SURE she knows. Text it to her and I PROMISE you those Folkers will never know she was with you..."

Robert sprays some cologne on, as he brings out a buttoned up shirt from his closet.

"Hey, thanks man. I'll text her right now."

"Awesome. Good luck, bro."
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`

Robert drove until he reached a Sushi restaurant just a few miles from his apartment. On time, Lyla pulled up beside th building. As she stepped out of her car, Robert could not believe the sight; she wrose black pumps, a tight black cocktail dress, red lipstick and hop earrings. Her hair waved as she walked towards Robert. He was in love at that very moment.

"Hey you." Lyla pats his chest. "You look spectacular!"

"Yeah...yeah, ummmm..." Robert tries to find the words. "You look....damn...you look fantastic."

Lyla smiles. "Well, mister Robert Grendel. Shall we?"

Robert clears his throat, as he opens the door. The waitress grabs two menus, as she leads them to a booth just past the kitchen. Lyla examines the menu; the selection is overwhealming, as her hunger grows with each new picture displayed.

"Oh! We have to have the Spider Roll."

"What is that, Lyla?"

"Soft shelled Crab fried in Tempura. Then, they add Avocado and this spicy sauce on top."

Robert licks his lips. "Yeah...one of those sounds good. I love Crab. How about this one, Lyla-Spicy sweet Scallops and the Eel Roll?"

"Ooooh yes. That all. This ENTIRE menu actually."

Robert smiles, as their waitress returns.

"We ready to order and do you two need another minute?"

Robert places the menu down. "We are ready. We will have your Spicy Scallop roll, Eel Roll, Spider Roll, this Tiger Roll, two California Rolls and the Shrimp Tempura Roll. And we will have the Shrimp Spring Rolls with extra Peanut sauce, please."

"Excellent. I will have them start on those rolls for you. My name is Maria. If you need anything, let me know."

As Maria gathered the menus, Robert reaches out his hands; Lyla places her delicate fingers into his plam, as he wraps his fingers around her hand. He could feel the color in his cheeks change. There was that smell again. Rose petals.

"Thanks for reminding me about the drink. I almost forgot about the root."

"Gren told me about it."

Lyla giggles. "Good thing my sister has some stashed in her room."

Robert was too focused on Lyla's lips as she spoke. How he wanted them pressed against his; how mush he craved her love and affection, as they enjoyed this wonderful evening.

Robert Grendel was in love.

If you have any questions, let me know! I hope I got it all right; Pie, sorry if I forgot or messed up somewhere. XD

• edited December 2014

Therese was sat at the edge of a large king-sized bed. She was alone in the dark lit room, stars shining through the thin curtains of the gothic styled windows. It was a castle, filled with thick accented Irish knights. Every now and again, she could hear some sort of beast moan in the distance, maybe somewhere in the woods, or even in the castle's dungeons.

He had told her he was going to marry her. She laughed in the Marker's face, who was indeed William, thinking it was a huge joke.

"You're not serious, right?" She had said. "You're kidding?....No? No?!"

He had stared at her, as if her words broke his heart. But that passed quickly. He had stood, sending her off the private bed chambers prepared just for her. It was at that point that she was separated from Franklin. The boy was too weak to cry out, and she requested that they feed him immediately.

"You heard her," The Marker had said. "Give the boy some food when you bring him to his holding place."

Therese was baffled that they listened, but she supposed that William was just trying to please her. She would not let his kind gestures get to her. She knew he was evil.

And now, she was sitting there, her fingers wringing the edge of her blanket. She was scared. She was unsure of what would happen from here forward. She closed her eyes tightly, pretending like she was back in her bed at home. Not Fabletown; The bed she'd slept in for years out on the Farm. She pretended she was nine again, in her pink colored bedroom with her barbie dolls littering the floor and the excitement of a new day bubbling in her gut. It did not work. She opened her eyes again quickly, searching for any sign of movement. She felt as though she was being watched, but there was nothing out of the ordinary in her room.

A knock came, and her heart leaped. "Y-yes?" She called out.

"It's me," William's voice came through the door. "I've got a glass of water for you, as you asked the servant to get you."

"I was expecting the servant to bring it," She said shakily.

William opened the door softly, treading across the red carpet with the water in his hand. She watched him place it on her nightstand, and then said on the armchair across from her. He slowly crossed his legs, one over the other, and curled his lips into a smug smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. "Was the boat trip over comfortable."

"Not in the least bit," Anger rose in her body, and she could feel her cheeks go warm. "I was in a crate, with barely enough food to sustain myself. I gave it all to the boy you nearly starved to death."

"He wouldn't have died," William said, unamused. He himself had a glass of red wine, and he sipped it between his thin lips. "He's a changling vampire boy. They don't starve to death. Not like humans, at least. I let them feed him, for your sake mostly."

Therese pursed her lips. She grabbed hold of the glass cup, staring at the water intensely. He could have drugged it. She did not dare sip from it. She placed it back down on the end table, looking into William's green eyes.

William chuckled. "I understand if you do not trust me," He said. "After all, I kidnapped you, trapped you in a box for nearly 4 days, let you endure the stupidity of my minions."

"They don't seem to think they're minions," Therese said, clenching her teeth. "They talk as if they've got high ranks in an army of sorts."

"Bah, they think that. Really, they just transport my supplies."

She nods, her head turning toward the large windows. She can see the moon, a bright crescent shape in the otherwise dark sky. She'd rather be there than here at the moment.

"Take a sip of your drink," He said. "I didn't go through the trouble of delivering it myself to see you not drink it."

"Are you sure you haven't poisoned it?"

William laughed again. "Seriously? Why would I do anything to harm you? I intend to keep you in one whole piece. Understand? I will marry you in the morning, my dear."

Her cheeks went warm again. "Please, don't call me that. I-..."

"I understand. You're still uncomfortable. I get it. I'll leave you be." And William stood, lingering over by the window a second. Therese took a long sip of the glass, her utterly parched throat thanking her profusely. For a second, she felt dizzy, but then blamed it on her dehydration.

"Perfect..." She heard William's voice say. The world before her eyes began to fade to a blur, and her mind was all of the sudden not making sense.

The last thing she remembered was William's face hovering over hers on her bed.

She blacked out.

The sun shone over the mountain gracefully, lighting up the bedroom perfectly.

Mary shivered, noticing the window still wide open. She grumbled, sitting up in her bed and standing to stretch her arms.

"Whoa-..." Reynard's voice came from the doorway. "Is your...erm, hair, supposed to be sticking in all those directions?"

Mary just smiled ruefully. "Do you like it? It's a new look I've been trying out."

"Really?" Reynard seemed surprised. "Well its...lovely. Absolutely-"

"I'm fucking with you," She cut him off. "It's bedhead dumbass. I'm going to HAVE to use the soap here. I'll be ready to leave in fifteen, I guarantee it."

While Mary headed to the bathroom, Reynard changed into a polo shirt and jeans. He slipped his shoes on, closing the window that had been left open all night long. Adam entered the room next, throwing his fingers through his messy brown hair.

"Mornin'," He said, patting Reynard's back. "Ready to get this show on the road?"

"You bet," Reynard said, stretching. "Get dressed and we're going."

Mary ran out, a towel perched around herself. "Sorry forgot EVERYTHING I needed." When she bent over, her butt peaked out, causing both men to blush redder than apples. They looked away, yet couldn't, and when she turned around, she noticed their embarrassment.

"Please don't tell me that's the first time you two have seen a chunk of nice ass," She said, reentering the bathroom with her cloths and a hairbrush.

"I prefer not to answer that one," Adam said.

"You and me both," Reynard agreed. Soon enough, Mary was done and the trio were out the door. The hike to the mountain would be short, and then it was a matter of finding the entrance to the portal.

A rustling came from the bushed. Reynard turned, expecting the worse, but was then relieved when he saw Charlotte pop her head out from behind a tree.

"There you guys are!" She said, rushing over to greet them. Mary, more confused than she ever looked before, crossed her arms as Charlotte exchanged handshakes with Adam and Reynard.

"What are you here for?" Reynard asked. He too crossed his arms, staring down into her hazel colored eyes.

"I'm here to tell you something important," She said. She pressed her hands into her pants pocket, pulling a folded piece of paper out.

"What's that?" Adam asked.

"It's the code," She said. "You'll get to the portal, but you'll have to draw these symbols EXACTLY how you see them. Okay? To my knowledge, the entrance to the portal changes."

Reynard nodded. "Like the Crooked Man's hideaway."

Adam looked at them, his eyes studying their shapes. "I can do this. I figured he would change it up. He doesn't trust me anymore."

"Why so?" Mary said. "How does he know you're not on his side anymore?"

"We have a link of sorts," He replied, a bit uncomfortably. "I can't really explain it without going in to detail."

"I have to go," Charlotte interrupted. She disappeared right there, sending Mary with her arms flailing.

"Who the hell was that chick?"

"Our saving grace," Reynard replied, leaving it at that. "We have time. You can explain it while we search for the portal, if you're comfortable."

"Sure," Adam replied. "That's, erm...fine."

They began walking, their eyes wary of entrances and caves. "When I said before," Adam started, leading the group. "That I was led astray by William, I had never explained to anyone how it happened. He was-...He was my sister's husband. The King to our Kingdom. I never knew his true origins until I was sucked in to his world, always thought he was this noble man who'd come to rescue me and her from the woods all those years ago. After her death, he let his true colors show. He told me one day, on his own son's birthday, about his goals. About how he was trying to find his father, who'd been separated during the Exile."

"He established the Kingdom afterward?"

"Yes, he gained his status by defeating an entire fleet of the Adversary, and the Kingdom must have been forgotten about at the time, because it was formerly an insignificant village. They built the castle at the top of a hill. Not very big, but fit enough for a King. I loved living there, for the brief time my sister was alive."

They came to an clearing.

"I see a cave," Mary said.

"Check it out," Reynard said, staying by Adam. Mary ran off and Adam continued his story. "I didn't think anything of it at the time, when we talked about it. I thought it was simple, helping him find The Crooked Man. He even called his father that. Never told me the guy's real name."

"No one knows his real name. I suspect he lost it years ago, when he decided to become corrupt."

Adam nodded. "It started going downhill fast. My nephew, Zachariah, was turning two. That was when the Adversary caught up with our little shenanigans. We were attacked, and being the leader of the military, I commanded a full force attack with all of my men. They all perished. We fled the town as the women and children were raped and beaten bloody by the Adversary's forced, which were a thousand times tougher than before. William, Zach, and I barely made it out alive."

"Where is Zach now?" Reynard asked quietly.

"I don't know," Adam replied. "He was separated when we were caught later on. He could be dead, or somewhere. Me and William never found out. I was particularly grief stricken, the first time I had felt that I failed my sister. It happened on more occasions than loosing the boy, though. William went truly mad after that. He was even more focused on finding his father. It was a number one priority at that point."

Mary came over, heaving out of breath. She paused a second, bellowing out the words,"RUN!"

At that moment, three fierce ogres came in through the trees, towered over the three of them with green skin and anger in their faces.

Reynard and Adam obeyed Mary, and they ran.

I hope you liked that one! I liked it. I was SO busy today, you don't even know. I had to help out and do things and now I'm tired and I'm going to shower and then sleep. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow. I'm so done with school, lol. I hate waking up so early :L So yeah!

Also! I got accepted in to National Honor's Society, and I'm so happy! They rejected me, but I appealed, and then they accepted me. They also accepted my friend Jess and some other friends so I'm happy. Yeah :)

GOODNIGHT! I'm tired! This is a late post, I know. Normally I get this done when I come home from school, but I was busy, like I said earlier. <3

• Christmas Challenge Chapter Two: The Wolf

Rick Pentaghast, has just met Rhys.
    "So uh, you're a cyborg?" Asked Rick.
    "No, I'm not a cyborg! Replied Rhys.
    "You have a glowing eye."
    "So?"
    "And a metal arm."
    "Okay, maybe I might be a cyborg."
    Rhys eye started to glow blue. Rhys began to scan Rick.
    "Status: Sad."
    "Born: ???"
    "Age: 25"
    "Name: Rick Pentaghast."
    "Favorite Donut: Sprinkled."
    "Er? You okay? You've been staring at me for a while." Said Rick.
    "Yeah, yeah.. I know. Just trying to get to my boss." Replied Rhys.
    "Wait, are we in SPACE?"
    "Yeah. People get tossed in there, everyonce and a while. Watch out, for them."
    Rick looked up.
    "No portal." Said Rick.
    Rick started to walk away. Rick saw something on the floor. He picked it up, and it was like a glass shard, just not sharp. He squeezed it, and passed out. Rick woke up, falling.
    "Help! Help!" Screamed Rick.
    Rick landed hard on the ground. His right hand had a pain in it. The shard was by him, and a stick was in his hand. He started to pull it out.
    "Fraaahhh!" Screamed Rick, who was in pain.
    He pulled it out. He picked up the shard, and stood up.
    "My name is Sheriff Bigby Wolf. You are under arrest, for killing two men." Said Bigby Wolf.
    "Woah, WHAT?" Replied Rick.
    "You tossed them off a sleigh. You killed them."
    "Screw this, you aren't arresting me."
    Rick started to walk away.
    "Get back here, RIGHT NOW," Shouted Bigby "before I tear your fucking throat out!"
    Rick's eyes turned from green, to red. He turned and punched Bigby.
    Bigby kicked him in the stomach, and slammed his head onto a large rock.
    "Stand down!" Said Bigby.
    Rick threw Bigby off, and picked up a large rock. He lifted it, and aimed at Bigby's head. He threw it at his head, but Bigby rolled out the way.
    "This is your last chance!" Said Bigby.
    Rick let out a massive roar. Rick started to grow black glowing claws on his hands. Bigby started to turn, into what most Werewolves looked like, and stabbed Rick in the stomach, with his new claws.
    "Fraah! I'll kill you!" Shouted Rick.
    Rick lifted his claws, but a sleigh slammed into them both. Rick and Bigby turned to normal, after they were knocked out.
    "Gah, we hit another human!" Said a long bearded Elf.
    The other Elf, ran to Rick, and flipped him on his back.
    "Wait! This is Rick Pentaghast, and Bigby Wolf!" Said the other Elf.
    Rick woke up, with a Elf shaking him.
    "Who are you?" Asked Rick.
    "I'm Jonnie, and that is Zak." Replied Jonnie.
    "Wait, I remember you. Get me to my kids." Replied Rick.
    "We'll take you to Santa, he'll help you!" Replied Zak.
    Rick picked up Bigby, and placed him on the sleigh. Rick got on. Jonnie got on, and Zak took lift off.
    Three hours passed.
    "Hey, have some Eggnog!" Jonnie said, while Bigby was asleep.
    "Sure." Replied Rick.
    Rick took the Eggnog, and drank it.
    "Here we are!" Said Zak.
    They pulled into a stables, as Penguins slid away. They got off, with Bigby who woke up, and went inside the house. A jolly looking man greeted them.
    "Hello! My name is Santa Claus!"

• Gren knew the only person capable of knowing ways to sneak a Folker around would be his brother Gren

xD This made me laugh so hard and I don't know why! Gren is the big Folker-sneakin' pinp daddy of Fabletown.

This was a very sweet section and it was nice. :) I'm curious now as to where this will go. Great work, JJ. This is getting really good.

JJwolf posted: »

Robert finally managed to get Lyla to take a night into the arms of the city. After a week of online chats, afternoon meals and the late nig

• Peter sat with Bigby at a table located not too far from the entrance. He picked at a Blueberry muffin, while the once Sheriff of Fabletown could only stare. It was making Peter very uncomfortable, as he placed a piece of the breakfast treat into his mouth. The weather was perfect for a latte; normally, Peter didn't not like such sweet drinks that left you intoxicated with sugar but Pumpkin Spice was a tradition in his family

Bigby cleared his throat. "So, how are things at the Business office?"

"Fine."

"You and Ethan gettin' the hang of things?"

"Don't worry too much about Ethan and I. According to mom, things like this always interested us as kids. We used to pretend we were Detectives and go around the house solving cases."

"I vaguely remember that. When Georgie would take you to-"

"My dad."

Bigby could only stare at Peter. "Excuse me, Peter?"

"DAD-when my DAD would take me to the park and you were there."

Bigby was caught in a tight situation; he loved Peter and knew his son was just as stubborn as he was. Having Lyla's personality and a grandfather like John didn't help matters either but it was like a stab in the heart each time. Even as an adult, Bigby was broken to hear these words coming from Peter's mouth.

Bigby could only smile. "Sorry. When....your dad would bring you to the park."

Peter took another bite from the muffin. "What did you want, Bigby? And why Winter?"

"Well, I knew you'd never answer MY calls and I've been trying for the last few hours now-"

"I was busy."

Bigby huffs. "Drinking at the Trip Trap is busy?"

"You that damn bored that you're going to spy on me now?"

Bigby sighed. "I was in that part of town and I noticed you, Ethan and Emily walking in and-"

"Your point is, Bigby? The only reason why I answered for Winter is because whenever I DON'T and she knows I'm not in the office, it upsets her so much."

"You and Winter were always so close."

That Peter could agree on. Whe he was given an opportunity to meet his younger half siblings, it was his mother's gentle push towards the unknown that assured him it was the right decision. The only ones that didn't seem too interested or even gave a damn were Conner, Darien and Blossom; the others, especially Winter had no problems with Peter and their sudden knowledgment of an older brother. But Peter couldn't blame the other three for not welcoming him with open arms.

"Yeah. We were."

"Snow asked for you and-"

Peter snickered, causing Bigby to pause mid sentence. Peter took a long sip from his latte.

"That's a bold face lie there, Bigby."

"Peter, she DID ask for you and-"

"Snow White could give a rat's ass about me. Every time she crosses my path or even hears MY name, she seems to cringe in place. Guess I leave a bad taste in her mouth or she feels the need to THINK she knows everything."

Bigby leans forward. "YOU don't even know the full story, Peter."

"I know ENOUGH Bigby."

"What DID your mother tell you...the reason why I never came around until Georgie-"

"MY DAD!" Peter slams his fist down, causing the table to shake. Bigby could see the change in both apperance and voice. "My....Dad...."

"Peter-"

"I'm not fuckin' around here, Bigby. THAT is my dad and if YOU expect me to show you some common courtesy like a good Wolf boy, then I suggest you respect MY wishes."

Bigby exhaled deeply. There he was again. Backed into a corner. "Alright, kiddo...I'm. I'm sorry. Your dad...have they told you anything?"

Peter leans back into his chair. "We've been over this, Bigby. They had no choice. The Folkers were going to take me away."

"Do you know WHY they were going to take you away?"

Peter glares up, his eyes still a deep Amber color. "Yeah...because I was the bastard child of the Big Bad Wolf..."

"Peter-"

"Growing up, my ENTIRE life I knew I was different. Mom and dad tried their best to protect me but Fabletown is a joke honestly. They were too busy looking at me and not themselves; half the people who MADE comments had no place. I tried going to the Farm ONE time as a child for some silly little Halloween festival and they refused to let me stay...because I was YOU."

Bigby could feel his world tumbling around him. "We had to protect you, Peter. The Folkers...they were drunk with power and were determined to make you as a weapon of War against the Fables! Your mother and I had no choice-"

"I GET that part, Bigby. I get the Folkers and Fables were at War for decades. Centuries, at that. I'm not a child anymore and know you and my mother had a one night encounter that led to my conception. I also get that they did their best to protect me in a world that felt the need to poke their noses in. What I DON'T get, Bigby, is you."

Bigby was confused, as he watched Peter finish off his latte. "What do you mean ME, Peter?"

"You act like you are holier than thou and like to use so many things against other Fables."

"What do you mean?"

"You blamed my grandfather for YEARS after my birth. Mom says this is one of the reasons why you two had a falling out...."

"We said some things that were not true. I have not seen your grandfather since then. In time, we will again. What does this have to do with-"

"Hold on, Bigby. I'm not finished. Before ANY of us were thought of, you and my father had issues-"

Bigby knew where this was going. He sighed deeply. "Your FATHER was not a good man."

"I know that. To this day, it haunts him and some-not all the Fables-but some like to constantly throw it in his face."

"I had NO choice, Peter! He killed two Fables and-"

"Did he ACT alone, Bigby? Let me ASK you something-DO you even know the full story about that night?"

Bigby leaned closer to Peter. The air was thick with tension. "Peter...YOU have no idea. That was the past and we have ALL moved on-"

"You STABBED my father in the gut!" Peter stands up; several groups walked by, unsure of the brawl taking place by the little coffee shop. "You had him knocking on death's door..."

"I DIDN'T have a choice! He was going to stab ME!"

"He didn't have a choice-"

"PETER!" Bigby's voice trailed against the city's noises. "Stop! It does not matter! I just want a-"

"You were so quick to judge him. You're no saint either, Bigby. What-were little girls in red capes and Pigs not enough for you?"

Bigby could feel his heart and soul ripping in two. "Peter...I'm...I'm sorry-I did my best...."

"You sat there and accused my father of leaving the MOMENT my mother became pregnant; my great uncles did it, my grandfather did it and YOU did it. You felt the need to label him, make all these horrible accusations, when you monsters should have been focused on yourselves. At least he STAYED with our mom when she was pregnant....gave birth....watched US grow up...."

Peter felt the urge to suddenly pin Peter to the ground and take the boy on. Peter had the same thoughts; he invisioned his jaw locked around Bigby's neck, as he drained the life from his eyes. Peter wanted to taste the blood in his mouth, the flesh clinging to his massive claws. He wanted to do it not just for his gratification but as a middle finger to the once Sheriff; a way to help his father and the shit Fabletown put them through. Peter wanted this to be his final chapter with Bigby.

As he glared into the man that created him, he felt his childhood strike him in the head with a brutal force; Peter knew he was different from his siblings and despite his mother and father's ideas, he caught on at an early age. His sisters Katie and Penny despised him for years because of his genetic makeup; his grandfather had a hard time excepting him until he and his mother got into a terrible fight over it. Now, they were closer than ever.

Peter could see Georgie; the man didn't have to love Peter due to his feelings and issues with Bigby. He could have kicked Peter out. Ignored him, even kill him. But Georgie never did. He loved Peter and despite all the things people thought of him, Peter was loyal and loved Georgie.

With Georgie on his mind, Peter stood up and adjusted his jacket. This was not worth it; Bigby was nothing to him and fighting the old Wolf would prove nothing except the truth-that Peter was indeed a cold hearted killer like he was. He was nothing like Bigby. Peter took out a cigarette, lit it and grabbed his coffee.

He stood on the edge of the sidewalk and waved down a cab.

"Peter, please." Bigby grabbed his arm. "Please-"

"I gotta go, Bigby. Ethan and I have paperwork and appointments later on this afternoon."

Bigby stepped to the side, as Peter climbed into a Cab. Peter did not look up, as the Cab pulled away and drove towards the Woodlands. He rubbed his eyes; Peter did not want to pay too much attention on the situation, as he paid the driver and walked into the building. The Security guard greeted Peter, as he waited for the Elevator. As he did, his phone rang. Ethan.

"Hey bro-"

"Whoa. You okay? You sound, so, defeated...."

"I'm alright. You still going to come by later and-"

"Yes. I have some paperwork that needs your signature. I have a case here. PROBABLY nothing serious but...seems like a Folker is going around and harrassing Fables."

"Anyone see anything?"

"No...nothing yet. I'm assuming its nothing; I mean, no CRIMES have been committed but it wouldn't hurt looking it over."

Peter sighed, as he walked out of the elevator and towards his apartment. "Well, I'll be here. Just walk in. I may be in the shower."

"Got it. See ya' in a bit, bro."

"Yeah...bye Ethan."

As Peter hung up, he grabbed his apartment keys and headed to apartment number 204.

Any questions, let me know. May have time later to write more but going to be BUSY today. Hopefully get another page out for the challenge. Thank God its Friday! :D

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited December 2014

Its a littl ironic that Peter lives at Bigby's old apartment. Makes me wonder if he truly believes even what he feels about Bigby. I THINK (this is just me) that Peter does not want to admit the truth and accept Bigby as his father; he's made some peace with it but it seems like he's having a hard time allowing him into his life.

I hope at least Ethan will talk to his brother, Emily or who ever. I felt bad the entire time he and Bigby spoke. There is so much hostility and do not take this the wrong way but NO ONE really knows what happened during the whole CM thing. The only two willing to explain it would be Bigby and Georgie. That's it! Not John, the uncles, Peter, Lyla-no one.

Peter also needs to see that his father (Georgie as he wants it) forgave the Sheriff YEARS ago. Peter needs to take that and put it to use. Hmmmm....and a Folker is harrassing Fables? Wonder if this will help open up Peter's eyes.

Peter sat with Bigby at a table located not too far from the entrance. He picked at a Blueberry muffin, while the once Sheriff of Fabletown

• This is brilliant! Seriously, I've made notes. With all this information you've nicely explained exactly what compliments what and references each other, and when to read them! Your enthusiasm for them makes me feel I should read them all right now; literally today I got my hands on volume five with issues 34-45, and I feel so far behind. I'm torn between savouring them and taking it slow, or getting crazy stuck in so I can find out what's going with the ending and everything in between! This information just makes me even more conflicted. xD However, at least I now know how things slot together. Thanks, Emmy. :)

I looked it up, just to be certain: The first Arc (Issues 1-6, Wide Awake) Deals with a situation in the Homelands, and happens directly aft

• Ah, I'll have to keep Wolven in mind when I get to those issues!

• edited December 2014

Hmm, is the victim someone in the comics or The Wolf Among Us, or a new character of your own devising? I want to figure this out. :P But if you'd rather not say in order to avoid spoilers that's fine. :)

Tetra posted: »

Christmas challenge: Worse Off Wednesday Bigby and Clara looked around the mall nothing was misplaced except for the stuffed Polar Bear,

• Christmas Challenge

Lyla pulled up to the tiny two bedroom apartment in the Bronx downtown area. She pulled off into the parking lot as she parked the car and turned off the engine. RJ, wrapped in a puffy jacket, green mittens and scarf, unbubkled and reached to the back. He grabbed a tall box wrapped in red paper.

"Hold on, RJ. Let me tell daddy we are here."

RJ sat patiently as Lyla texted Robert. a minute later, the two left the car and headed up the stairs. Lyla pushed a red button in the front; the noise was loud, as the front doors opened. Lyla and RJ walked up two flight of stairs before they arrived to Robert's apartmen 3B.

"Go ahead and knock, sweetie." Lyla rubs her hands. "Man. Hopefully its warmer in there than out here."

RJ knocked on the door; a second later, Gren opens the front and smiles when he sees RJ. The boy squeals with delight, as he flies into his uncle Gren's arms.

"Hey kiddo! You ready to help make cookies?"

"Yeah yeah!" RJ kisses Gren on the cheek. "My dad in there?"

"He is. Go ahead and get comfortable. Here-I'll take this from ya'."

As RJ undresses, Gren stands up and allows Lyla into the apartment. There is a smell of sweet cookies and dinner being prepared nearby. Lyla takes off her coat; Rosie runs up to acknowledge her aunt, as the boys follow behind carrying toy trains and Army men.

"Where is mommy at, Rosie Posie?"

"Shopping. We can't go cause its for ALL of us."

Gren snorts. "She MADE me come here, Lyla. Your sister is a meanie during the holidays-a REAL Grinch."

Lyla chuckles. "You still love it, though. She has something big planned, so just go with it-"

Gren laughs. "I joke, Wolf. Simply joke. ROBERT!" Gren looks over. "ROBERT! Your baby mama is here."

Lyla folds her arms. "Don't call me that...."

"Well....ain't ya his baby mama?"

Robert comes from the back, as he wipes his hands on a towel. His eyes light up when he sees both RJ and Lyla. Even though they were in a secure place and had their moments, Robert often found himself wishing to one day have a Christmas together.

"Hey Lyla. Where is-"

Before he could finish, RJ tackles robert's leg.

"HEY dad!"

Robert picks RJ up and kisses the top of his head. "Hey kiddo. Oh your cheeks are cold. Go warm up and play with the others."

Lyla nods. "It's cold out there, Robert."

Robert rolls his eyes. "The heater is broken in this dump. The landlord was SUPPOSED to fix it a week ago but you know...that's what blankets are for."

Robert looks up. "Can I change, dad?"

"Go for it, kiddo."

There is several seconds of blinding light and soon, RJ is in his true form. The Grendel boy runs over to his cousins who have too, changed to their original form.

Lyla sits on the couch; Robert joins her, as he offers Lyla a cup of hot Cocoa.

"Careful....its hot."

Lyla takes the drink. "Thank you. Mmmm. This smells wonderful."

"When Gren and the kids came by, I felt this would be appropriate. Like the tree? I managed to decorate SOME but with RJ here now, it will look ten times better."

Lyla giggles. "You need to see our tree. The kids went Ornament wild this year. Georgie and I said the hell with it...Christmas is more for the kids anyways."

Robert nods. "I agree. Got RJ the 'you-know-what' for Christmas this year."

Lyla leans forward, her ear near Robert's mouth. "What did you get him?"

"He wanted that Super Smash Bros. game for his Nintendo DS."

Robert points under the tree; Lyla could see a little square wrapped in yello paper. A red bow sits upon the top.

"He's going to LOVE that. He's been doing so well in school and home. He's determined to get on Santa's good list. Georgie and I got him these Transformer figures he's been wanting and 'How to Train your Dragon 2'. He wanted to have a movie night on New Year's Eve with his siblings."

Robert smiles. "Hey, sounds like fun."

Gren burps, as he finishes off his Cocoa. He scratches his groin area. "We got those little bastards all kinds of shit. I just hope Carla does not go too insane mama mode when she goes shopping today."

"You know she will. My sister and her holidays..."

Gren laughs. "She is going to come back....BAG upon BAG of shit that these kids don't fuckin' need."

Robert punches Gren. "It's Christmas, Gren. Let 'em."

RJ rus up to Robert and tugs on his pant leg. "DAD! Can I decorate the tree right now with Noah, Junior and Rosie?"

"Sure, kiddo. The boxes are over there. Just be careful."

RJ and his cousins run over to the tree. The pull out the decorations, as Lyla stands up.

"Well, I better be going. I have a Roast in the oven and I love Georgie but...I don't trust him with it."

Robert chuckles. "He'll burn it?"

Lyla gets her coat on. "No..he'll eat it."

RJ runs over to Lyla and hugs her tightly. "Love you mommy. See you on Sunday."

"Have fun, baby. BEHAVE."

"Here...I'll walk you to your car."

As they leave the apartment, Gren makes kissing noises. Robert shuts the door as he holds up his middle finger. Walking down the stairs, Lyla notices a light snow fall.

"It's going to be a very cold night. Please make sure he's got plenty of blankets."

Robert closes the driver door as Lyla gets in. "I promise, RJ will be toasty roasty."

"You two have plans for later?"

"After dinner, we are going to finish decorating the apartment and I found a recipe for homemade Eggnog. Going to try that out. RJ loves trying new things."

Lyla pats Robert's hand. "Sound good, big guy. Well, I'll call later. See ya."

Robert waves as Lyla pulls out and leaves the apartment complex parking. He heads upstairs just as the snow heavily falls to the ground.

Any questions ask away. I'm going to try and do the challenge this year, is it's the last one for 2014. :D

• Gren sure does like to put alcohol in pretty much everything. He could probably breath fire if he went near an open flame! He's a good guy, though. :P Oh, Katie! How can you not believe in Santa? Especially when she compares the opposite of her being real to the state of the wind, and the wind is real. Though, she may not know about Mr. North and the zephyrs.

Christmas Challenge "I don't want them going to the North Pole, Georgie." Lyla hands Georgie a clean dish, as he wipes it dry with a t

• Think of people who hate christmas :)

Hmm, is the victim someone in the comics or The Wolf Among Us, or a new character of your own devising? I want to figure this out. :P But if you'd rather not say in order to avoid spoilers that's fine.

• Okay: one is a literary character who's initials are 'E.S.'; and the other would be a creature going by the name that begins with a 'G'. Any of those along the right lines?

Think of people who hate christmas

• Seeing Robert and Lyla together before all the angst of what's currently happening is a nice change of pace, and as I've said before really helps with seeing their relationship from Robert's point of view, as he's still thinking of these times in the present day. One thing that has crossed my mind after reading Pie's above chapter and then moving onto this - mostly due to the quote:

"You'll have a daughter most wild like the fire. She has the spirit of an untamed stallion but a heart of gold. She will sadly lose her way, John, until she finds another lost soul willing to help her see the light. With that lost soul, she will mend his as well. Both together will create a new path."

Is whether or not Robert is somehow linked to Lyla losing her way, or if it happens afterwards? Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this take place in the point of time where Lyla's had her memory of Georgie wiped by John? Because I can't remember how her and Robert ended up splitting, other than the Folkers possibly being involved. Sorry for all the questions, and if they've already been answered! It makes for compelling reading, and I'm just trying to get everything clear in my mind. :)

Robert finally managed to get Lyla to take a night into the arms of the city. After a week of online chats, afternoon meals and the late nig

• Robert and Lyla endulged in the various flavors sitting before them. Lyla was right about the Spider roll; it was full of flavor, spicy towards the end of the bite and was very sweet through out the entire thing.

"Try the Ginger?"

Robert looked up at Lyla. "This pink stuff here?" robert sniffs it. "Whoa-that is strong."

"It's very bitter but it helps clean your palette. REALLY abosorb the flavors."

Robert uses his chop sticks to pick up the Ginger. He places it gently on his tongue. Chewing the unknown substance up, he smiles and looks over at Lyla.

"Hmmm. Not bad..."

"See? I told you."

Robert reaches over and grabs a California roll; he dips the Sushi into his Wasabi and Soy sauce mix. The waitress returns.

"Anymore drinks for you two? How about food-you guys want any other rolls?"

Robert looks over at Lyla. "How 'bout it, Lyla? You full or is there something else you'd like to try?"

Lyla examines the menu until she comes across a roll and a side dish.

"Yes, actually. Can we get the baked muscles in Eel sauce and the Monster roll?"

Maria smiles. "Of course. Coming right up and I'll bring you some refills. Coke for the both of you?"

Lyla nods, as the waitress takes their empty cups to the back.

"What is the Monster roll?"

"It had five little fires under the name. WHATEVER it is, its hot as hell."

Robert sips his soda when the waitress returns with their sodas.

"You're not in a hurry, right Lyla?"

"Nah, silly. I don't have school tomorrow or anything."

"So, you a Junior or-"

"Senior. I graduate next year. Thank God...I HATE school and the people that go there."

Robert laughs. "Yeah, I can't see you as a bookworm."

"Beleive it or not, Carla was the one for the grades. My older sister Gina slept with every guy she came across and Mary was too busy smoking, ditching or drinking during class."

Robert's eyes were wide. "Wow...uh...what did your parents think?"

"Dad said female Wolves usually do this when they are younger because after they turn twenty three, they have to either settle down or pick a career."

"Huh. You Wolves have some funny rules."

Lyla sips from her soda, as the waitress brings the side dish. "You have no idea. This is why half the time I'm here in Fabletown. Carla the same way; we got so BORED and tired of the bullshit back home. Those Wolves need to take the stick from out of their assholes."

Robert laughs, as he picks up a muscle. "Mmmm. This smells good..."

"They bake it with the Eel sauce. It's VERY sweet. Try it."

Robert slurped the meat from the shell. The flavor was dancing down his throat as he picked up another.

"Oh wow. This is delicious!"

Lyla smiles. "I told you to trust me. I love Japanese food. So much flavor and detail."

"I'll have to agree with you. I can't remember the last time I went out and got authentic Sushi like this. Usually I'll grab a burger or something."

"Where do you work, Robert?"

"Construction or little side jobs just to hold me over when its slow."

"Gren is in construction, too."

"Grendels are VERY good with their hands. Back in the Homelands, the males spent most of their time hunting or building."

Lyla reaches over and grabs Robert's hand. "Yeah. I can see it...they are very big and rough but very gentle at the same time."

Lyla's soft fingers pressed against his skin. The smell of Rose petals passed the fishy smell of the restaurant as they invaded his nose and flooded his mind. His heart continued to beat against his chest; he trembled under her touch as the waitress returned with their final roll. The spicy smell was overwhealming, as Lyla grabbed her chop sticks and picked one up.

"Ready Robert?"

"READY!"

They both dipped the roll into the sauce; they both coughed and reached for a nearby napkin.

"OH MY GOD!" Robert nearly coughed up a lung. "This is so spicy!"

"I know! Shit! They are not playing!"

Robert swallows the food. "Uh. My ass is going to burn later..."

"This is pretty damn good, though."

Laughing, Robert and Lyla grab another roll. They raise them high in the air, clash them together and eat.

"To the anti-acid pills who will soothe our burning bodies later."

"Here here, Robert."

As the waitress returned with the check, Robert immediatly reaches for it.

"I got this, Lyla..."

"No, no, no....let me pay for half and-"

"No. I got this. You in the mood to get ice cream? Night is still young and-"

"Oh yeah. Double chocolate fudge with brownie pieces."

Robert smiles. "Then its a deal."

After Robert pays for their meal, he takes Lyla's hand and they walk down the streets of Fabletown. Lyla leaned closer and placed her head against Robert's chest. She could feel the calming beat as they walked down the street. It was official to Robert at that moment.

How wonderful life was when she was with him.

Any question please ask away. :D Waiting for Pie to come home; Friday night and I miss my gaming buddy and eager to play 'Fry Cry 4' with him.

• He was-...He was my sister's husband.

This is a really great take on the Grimm fairy-tale you based Adam on; tying things together like that is satisfying. Also, it explains how Adam came under the influence of William which is good to know, however, William's "link" with Adam is something I do not like the sound of. I wonder if Zachariah will be mentioned again. Either way, Reynard and Adam have the right idea to obey Mary on the running count!

Congratulations on being accepted to the National Honor's Society! And your friend, too! You must both be particularly skilled people to have been accepted! :D Actually, I had to look it up, because we don't have it in Britain (well, we do have an NHS, but that's the National Health Service), and from reading official information on the website it sounds like you must be an exemplary individual! But we all knew that from your stories anyway. ;)

Therese was sat at the edge of a large king-sized bed. She was alone in the dark lit room, stars shining through the thin curtains of the go

• Without giving too much away, I will indeed answer the questions you have asked. :)

You are begining to see the two world collide, Noir. Robert and Lyla are indeed linked in some way when it comes to her behavior. As Pie told me awhile ago, John earased Lyla's mind of memories regarding Georgie when she was fourteen and her feelings towards him turned and were viewed differently. John did more damage than good, as he now changed the fate of Lyla; she became a wile child and did everything possible to fill the missing feeling she had where Georgie used to be.

Robert loved Lyla; he was her excuse to have fun and she never thought of ever loving Robert. The Folkers had nothing to do with the split (for once, I know) the only thing they did was threaten to take RJ. I'll explain their split in future chapters; the reason why Robert refuses to give up his memories and participate in the 'cleansing' process to remove the mark.

If I missed something or needs better explaining, please let me know. :D Glad you are enjoying this collaboration tale.

Seeing Robert and Lyla together before all the angst of what's currently happening is a nice change of pace, and as I've said before really

• Gren is that adorable drunk uncle that you can't help but love. Katie thinks things like that are silly; she knows about Mr. North Wind but she still thinks none of it is real. That's why Georgie is trying his best to prove her otherwise. :)

Gren sure does like to put alcohol in pretty much everything. He could probably breath fire if he went near an open flame! He's a good guy,

• all this food....all this sounded wonderful! :D I loved this little chapter; their date was superb. <3

How wonderful life was when she was with him.

Reading parts like this make me almost sad for the guy and knowing they will break up in the end. :( He's like ridiculously in love with Lyla.

and it's 'Far Cry 4' not fry cry. XD I just now saw the text you sent me.

Robert and Lyla endulged in the various flavors sitting before them. Lyla was right about the Spider roll; it was full of flavor, spicy towa

• RJ is too cute. <3 Glad to see you partake in the little challenge. I love this so far; an easy read with so much detail in it. Gren is adorable. The kids are, too and the idea of Carla being those typical holiday shoppers. XD

And RJ wanting to stay in his true form. Robert being his awkward, gentlemen self around Lyla.

Christmas Challenge Lyla pulled up to the tiny two bedroom apartment in the Bronx downtown area. She pulled off into the parking lot as s

• The morning hit Therese like a train. She felt completely disoriented, every inch of her body burning and aching with every move. She reluctantly pulled herself from her bed, which was tossed apart in every which direction.

She wore and unfamiliar night gown. She didn't remember changing into it, but figured it was something she was changed in to after she passed out. She walked to the corner of the room, where a divider separated the bath tub from the rest of the bed chamber. She started the water, watching it fill up about half way.

Her heart lurched when she saw her reflection on the water's steamy surface. She thought that maybe she was seeing things.

No, no she wasn't. She turned to the hanging mirror on the wall, and shrieked. There were swirling black markings covering her arms and curling up to the nape of her neck. She pulled the gown off of herself, revealing her naked body. The ink was thin, almost as thin as a pen's writing, and was all over her. Occasionally, a leaf branched off of the lines, about the size of her thumb, and that was when she realized they must have been vines.

Strange, she had thought. Strange, and absolutely frightening. She quickly slipped into the tub, praying it would fade off of her after a long soak.

The door to her room opened loudly.

"Therese? Where have you gone?" It was William's voice on the other side of the canvas barrier. She stayed completely silent. She saw his shadow move across the room, he seemed a bit frantic.

And then, he looked behind the divider.

"There you are!" He said in a huff. "Don't scare me like that."

Therese's cheeks went bright, bright red as she attempted to cover herself with the few patches of bubbles in her bath tub. She burst out in anger then, lifting a tattooed arm up for William to see.

"What is the meaning of this?" She asked, starting to tear up a slight bit.

William's exasperation turned smug again, and he placed his hands in his pockets as he drew closer to the tub. "Your markings. I figured it would be less traumatic if you were not mentally conscious. I'm sorry for lying, by the way. I did drug your water."

"Well I gathered that much," She retorted. She felt extremely uncomfortable right now, not daring to move and inch.

"I will let you finish up, then," He said. "There are some pain killers in the left bedside drawer. Take some, and meet me in the dining room. If you cannot accomplish that much, I will have you escorted to me. You've got fifteen minutes. And, don't bother scrubbing the markings off. It won't come off. They're more permanent than the ink mundies brand themselves with."

He turned, waltzing out the room with his ego tied to a rope. Therese let out a sob as soon as the door closed. She didn't even feel like sitting in the bath anymore, now knowing her attempts to normalize herself were going to be in vain. She stood, letting the water drip off of her. A stack of neat towels stood on the floor, and she took the largest one, covering up as much of her body as she could. And yet, she wanted to see it. All of it. To brand it in her head. This is what he did to you. You must not trust this man. You must not give him your mercy. He must be destroyed. She shuddered, half from being cold, and half from her thoughts. A dress was hung over the divider, along with various other essentials. She changed into it, noticing how it specifically highlighted the vines down her arms and legs. Her cheeks flushed, she found the Advil and took some using the bath water (She would not trust a single glass given to her, ever again.)

She had decided that William was right about one thing; They were going to have to escort her there. She made it her goal to defy him as much as possible until she could find a way out. There was no way they were to marry, under any circumstances. It could not happen. She sat on the very edge of the bed, her hands folded neatly on her lap. And she waited.

That's all for now. I would have written more, but I have to go to bed. I had another fanciful long day. I'm pooped. Goodnight, all. Have a great day <3 More tomorrow, most likely. Tell me what you think below! Any questions, feel free to ask :)

• This was an interesting one! Also I want William dead, maimed preferably but I'll take what I can get XD

The morning hit Therese like a train. She felt completely disoriented, every inch of her body burning and aching with every move. She reluct

• I'm waiting for T to hide something VERY sharp with her and just shank William with it. I hope he gets what's coming to him. I can see T with her heels digging in the sand and refusing to budge, WHICH hopefully will benefit in the end and NOT cause her more trouble.

The morning hit Therese like a train. She felt completely disoriented, every inch of her body burning and aching with every move. She reluct

• Christmas Challenge

Georgie should have known better than to let Gren, the alcoholic monster of Fabletown, drive them down the path to Christmas. Grendel, despite his stature and overbearing personality, was able to easily hide his true nature and leave you thinking nothing but the best.

Gren was also extremely crafty. He was able to mask the smell and the usual behavior that followed intoxication. That morning, he did just the same; half the time, even his own wife had no idea he had overdrank that day and Gren was able to carry on with his business as if he was fresh as a Daisy.

Georgie's first warning should have been his unusual lighthearted self; Gren was standing by the truck, smoking his cigarette and joking the entire time with Lyla. As the two became lost in a tangled mess of makebelieve and Gren's charm, Georgie buckled the kids in the back. Gren managed to talk Robert into taking RJ with them. It just wouldn't be a Christmas adventure without him, Georgie thought, as he gently buckled the boy in. The other kids, surprisingly Junior, were all fast asleep.

Penelope pressed her face against the glass, as Georgie tucked her in with a Spongebob blanket. Katie, Emily, Junior and Ethan were in the middle and snuggled tightly around one another. Peter, leaning his entire left side, slept on the corner of Ethan's shoulder. RJ snored away in the back, as he covered his face with hiss blanket. As Georgie climbed into the passenger seat, Lyla kissed each of the children on the forehead. Gren nearly tripped on his own feet, as he slipped into the driver's seat.

Georgie leaned over, rubbing his hands. "Ya', uh, want me ta' drive Grendel?"

Gren laughs. "Psh, Porgie. I got this. Don't you worry about a fucking thing."

Georgie returned to his seat, leaned back and silently prayed. He was taking a risk; the idea of driving all the way up North in search of Santa was insane, even as he said it in his own mind. Georgie glared to the back and could only think about his daughter. Lyla finished up her round of kisses and hugs with Georgie; the two shared a minute of passionate embrace before Gren became uneasy and determined to go.

"Look, Lyla, if I ain't getting me some fucking love, then I'm leaving RIGHT now-"

Lyla glares at Gren. "Shut the fuck up. You're lucky I'm even AGREEING to this..."

"They'll be fine! We'll go, see the big jolly FAT guy and then we will be heading back to this dung pile town. Okay?"

Lyla pats Georgie on the shoulder. "PLEASE watch them, have a good time and I'll see you later."

Georgie kisses Lyla one last time. "We will, love. See ya' later."

Gren rolls up the windows, as he turns on the heater, backs up and pulls onto the dark roads.

Georgie was now really considering if this was indeed a good idea to take someone like Gren on a trip with this much time to spend. After stopping to get coffee, an energy drink and some breakfast, all the kids were awake; the car ride up until Canada's boarder was quiet and enjoyable; Georgie managed to close his eyes for an hour and appreciate the beauty of their surroundings. It had been awhile since he stepped this far from the city limits and he loved every second of it.

Gren, with an EggMcmuffin in hand, searched the radios for some Christmas music. By now, the alcohol had worn off and the energy drink took its place. Georgie couldn't tell which was worse: drunk or jumping out of his skin Gren. He'd choose the second option. All the kids sat in the back, snacking on Goldfish crackers. As Gren turned the knob and searched the channels, he came across a station playing Wizards of Winter by the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

"Now this!" Gren points the breakfast sandwich at the radio. "THIS is Christmas music! None of this 'Rockin' around the Christmas tree' and what not!"

Georgie stared at Gren, as he began to pretend he was the Orchestra conductor; he lifted the sandwich up and swung it around and around as the music played on. The kids, excluding Katie, joined their uncle in his silly game. Georgie smiled when he noticed each of the kids take on an imaginary instrument; Peter and Junior had guitars, Ethan the drums, Penny and Emily played the piano while RJ worked the 'lights' for the show. Katie rolled her eyes, as she leaned into the seat, arms folded.

Gren noticed this and looked over.

"HEY! Miss Priss-what's with the lemon face?" Gren continued swinging the sandwich around. "I KNOW you know what this song is."

"I do." Katie sighs. "But I don't think THIS is what its meant for-"

Ethan elbows his sister. "Oh come on, Katie. Have some fun."

"I'd LOVE to, Ethan-but you see, all MY things are back HOME."

Georgie turns to face Katie. "Watch the attitude, Katherine or so help me."

Katie turned to face the window. She refused to participate, even if her uncle was the conductor of this Train heading off the tracks. Georgie sighed.

"I don't get it, Gren..."

Gren took another swig from the energy drink. "Don't be too hard on yourself, Georgie. Kids sometimes NEED that extra push-"

"Feel like I gotta push AND pull with this one."

"Eh some kids are like that. We'll get her back on our side."

"Do ya' REALLY think ya' brotha' will help us?"

"Do I think..." Gren turns the Truck to the left and onto an icy road. "TRUST me...I got this."

Georgie looks forward as the music plays on. The kids are quiet in the back, as they watch their uncle Gren pull up to an ancient, tattered bridge. The remaining planks sway in the wind, as plucked strands of rope do their best to hold up the bridge. Georgie could only glance over at Gren, who devours the rest of his food. Gren smiles, as he puts the Truck into drive.

"Ya gotta be bloody kiddin' me, Gren!"

"What Georgie-"

"Ya' can't just GO ova' that bridge! There is no fookin' way it will hold THIS truck and-"

"You already forgot Porgie?"

The kids waited anxiously for their father's response; Junior, eyes wide, glared out the window and over at the bridge. Peter silently held his hand. Even Katie was having a moment of silence as she waited. Their uncle Gren inched closer to the front. Penny sat up.

"We can't GO this way, uncle Gren! Daddy!" She grabs Georgie's jacket and shakes. "Make him stop! This isn't the way!"

Gren laughs. "Oh yes it is, Penelope. Just sit back and-"

"Gren-" Georgie leans over and whispers. "This is not the fookin' way! I don't 'member comin' this way and-"

"Think REAL hard, Porgie. Remember what happened thirty years ago? Think LONG and-"

Penny screams. "We are going to die-and RIGHT before Christmas!"

Katie pouts. "SEE!? Now, because of Santa, we are all going to die!"

Just as Katie said these words, she noticed a smile creep upon her father's face. She leaned closer and drowned out the noises of her sibling's chatter and worries. Katie's eyes were focused on the road; she knew her uncle was a man who took risks but even he had a limit too. Gren parked the truck just as the front wheels touched the first plank. The kids were now quiet, as Gren and Georgie grabbed eachother's hands.

"Remember NOW Porgie?"

Yes." Georgie beamed. "I do..."

"Ready Porgie?"

The music continued to play, as Georgie held Gren tightly. "Ready Grendel."

Gren looks in the mirror. "Now, I need ALL of you kids to hold hands, close your eyes and we'll be there."

None of the kids, even Katie, hesitated. As they closed their eyes, Gren drove the truck across the bridge. Within seconds, the wooden planks became a lane of cookies and Candy Canes; Garland and Holly were strung across the Candy Cane light posts, as the flurries continued to fall from the sky. The air smelled heavily of cookies and other delicious treats.

RJ opened his eyes. "No way..."

All the kids, including Katie, silently stared out the window. Little men and woman in Christmas colored uniforms waved, as the truck drove down the snowy path. Georgie rolled the windows down; the kids, like little eager Dogs, poked their heads out and allowed the wind to prick their faces. The Elves were soon following the visitors, as they trailed through the Pine forest and Candy Cane lane. The homes and buildings were made of Gingerbread, Gum drops and other various candies.

"Whoa...." Juniors holds up his hand held mirror. "Mary....you should see this place."

Katie, mouth open, was in disbelief. "No freakin' way..."

Gren, turning onto another road, stopped at the golden gates. The kids turned and faced the front. A man, with similar features to their uncle, walked up to the truck. Gren rolled his windows down, as he greeted the man.

"Hey Isaiah." Gren shakes his hand. "Long time no see. Nice outfit..."

Isaiah rolls his eyes. "Hello, Gren. Still an ass as always."

"Ya' know it."

Isaiah peers into the truck; he waves at the children, as all but Junior wave back. He craddled the mirror close to his face.

"Cute kids. You all ready to see Santa?"

Katie sits up. "Is....is he in there..."

Katie points out towards an enourmous home, several workshops and area were the Reindeer roamed. Isaiah nods.

"Sure is, little lady. YOU must be Katherine Porgie. Porgie, huh..." Isaiah looks at Georgie. "So, it was true. Thought the big guy was messin'."

Georgie waves. "Nah. They be true rumors."

Isaiah opens the gates. "Well, go on in, folks. Santa is waiting for you all."

Gren nods, as he drives the truck up the lane. All the kids peer out the window, as they the buildings grow closer and closer. The area is heavily decorated with Garland, Ornaments and Snowmen. The Elves all pause and wave, as Gren parks his truck. Georgie turns to face the kids.

"Welcome to the North Pole, kids."

Any questions, you know what to do. Damn Insomnia is kicking my ass today. Thank God its Saturday. :) Going over to my mom's later to help her and my other brothers and sisters decorate her place. Plus, an excuse for her to see Emily and the fiancee. Also, just FINALLY finished the latest FABLES issue and wow....I have nothing to say. I can see why so many people are upset and why my fiancee said I NEEDED to read this issue.

• I tried the october challenge but it didn't come out how I wanted. I'm glad you like it so far. :) At times I think my story wither is all over the place or makes no sense.

I remember you telling me that Carla is an insane shopper during the holidays, so I had to include that! :D I may add a bit like that, if you don't mind. And yes...robert and his awkward self. :3

RJ is too cute. Glad to see you partake in the little challenge. I love this so far; an easy read with so much detail in it. Gren is adorab

• Have fun decorating today. :) Me and Ryan are getting a REAL tree this year!

Anyways, I loved this; the idea of Georgie rethinking letting Gren take the wheel was fun and the way you decribed Gren was awesome. You have this thing where you take characters we know so little of and transforming them. Its fun. :)

I can see Katie is begining to see it. That makes both georgie and I happy. The idea of the bridge was neat; mundys would see this and avoid at all cost but fables know exactly where to go. And Gren and Georgie holding hands as well as the kids. DAWW! Oh and the North pole with the candy cane lanes. And you added Isaiah. <3

Can't wait to read more, man!

Christmas Challenge Georgie should have known better than to let Gren, the alcoholic monster of Fabletown, drive them down the path to Ch

• I have a few plans :) You'll be satisfied by them, I guarantee it!

This was an interesting one! Also I want William dead, maimed preferably but I'll take what I can get XD

• edited December 2014

She'll do something that's for sure. Whether it's a good idea or a bad idea to be resistant, you'll find out eventually. T is a tough girl, but even she can only handle things to an extent.

I'm waiting for T to hide something VERY sharp with her and just shank William with it. I hope he gets what's coming to him. I can see T wit

• Robert's smile faded when he noticed Lyla checking the time on her phone. Like she was, he too was worried they would catch on and send the scouts out looking for her. The Folker Wolf community were living in their own world surrounded by their force fields. They had curfews and rules that made you want to yank out your own hair. Lyla and Robert, still feasting on their desserts, walked down the street.

"So, if you are not home within a respected hour-"

"They come looking for you." Lyla licks her ice cream. "It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I feel like one of those communist countries and the Council is the dictator ruling with an iorn fist. They have become so consumed with power over the years, that they don't know when to stop."

"Is that why your dad left his position?"

"He didn't see them HELPING the community or the War that was going on between us and the Fables. If anything, they stirred the pot more than 'helped.' My dad felt the Council lost their way."

"God..." Robert bites into his Waffle cone. "No wonder you need to drink potions just to step foot out of the community."

"If they EVER knew me or Carla were here..."

"But wait...your dad and Bigby-"

"Trust me. The council were not pleased about it. They said he commited 'treason' and was almost sent to prison. But my father worked with the Sheriff of Fabletown. Business. That's all they cared about. They let that one slide..."

"Shit man." Robert finished off his ice cream. "I can see WHY my brother is so careful."

"They look down upon Fables and Folkers dating. My father was almost killed several times because of my mother."

"But she's a mundy-"

"Exactly, Robert." Lyla continued to eat her ice cream, as they truned the corner. "They too kept their relationship under wraps until she became pregnant with my sister Gina. Word spreads fast, especially in our little section of the world. It was frowned upon more than it was illegal but not a lot of Wolves like the idea of a mundy walking around their world. Apparently, the Council said they spent thousands of years NOT to let mundies roam their streets and breed with their kind."

"Well, no offense....but I'm pretty sure mundies THINK you guys exist and if you were to step out there RIGHT now, they wouldn't react the same way as if I stepped out and announced my true form."

"Which is the reason why you look the way you do." Lyla pushes a strand of Robert's hair back. "Glamours, spells...magic. We just shape shift into what they want us to be..."

Robert sighs. "Its not a big deal for you guys. I mean, it WOULD be shocking but let's be honest here..."

"Another reason why our worlds feel the need to create chaos. My side see Fables as a nusiance, while the Fables view us as threats."

"A nusiance? How so?"

Robert knew this was not the time or place to discuss such topics; normal dates consisted of asking where you came from, your parents and your favorite childhood memory. But that was another reason why Robert was so attracted to Lyla Smith. She was not like your typical girl. She had the hunger to speak her mind and create a conversation that allowed you to think. She was not afraid to tackle issues so many refused to speak about.

Lyla looked up. "You need glamours. We don't. Those things are exspensive, unless you use Black Market glamours. But even then your rolling the dice and playing on the wrong side of town. Folkers don't want to deal with glamours, money or the Thirteenth floor. They'd rather combine their DNA with another that can shape shift."

Robert chuckles. "Oh man...I'll never understand. You Folkers and these silly rules."

"I agree with you on THAT one."

Robert and Lyla turned the corner and headed to a little coffee shop. Several people stood outside as they tried to wame themselves up with a drink or two. Lyla leaned against the wall, as Robert took out a cigarette. The moon hid slightly behind the buildings, as Lyla rubbed her arms and hands.

"You know they almost got caught?"

Robert exhaled a cloud of smoke. "Who almost got caught?"

"Gren and Carla."

"Oh yeah?" Robert was surprised. Gren was always so careful. "How so?"

"I guess three weeks ago they went out, had dinner, saw a movie and headed back to the Trip Trap. They were GONE, Robert-shit faced, drunk as hell-my sister and your brother were not home after awhile. I guess Gren started a fight with a Folker guy and he knew who Carla was."

"Folker? On this side of our fence?"

"Guess some like to 'sneak' over here because of some strip club. Shit...what's it called...the Pudding n' Pie? Guess after they remodeled and what not, its the shit and place to be. Georgie Porgie is the owner. Hmm. Name sounds so familiar actually..."

"Yeah, I know who Georgie Porgie is."

"Hmmm. Anyways, guess Gren and this guy fought, he knew Carla, almost said something but...your brother is VERY cunning and get's what he wants..."

Robert chuckled. He knew all too well what that meant. Even as children growing up back at the Homelands, Gren always got what he wanted, whether you liked it or not.

"Not surprised either."

Lyla beamed. "This was really nice, Robert. I had fun."

"Me too, Lyla. Even after that ice cream, my mouth still burns."

"It was SO good, though. Been awhile since I've had a really nice Sushi dinner."

Robert plays with his shirt. "Well, maybe you can....with me...if you want to, that is."

"I'd like that, actually. This was nice. I can't remember the last time I went out."

"Yeah..." Robert continues to play with his shirt. "Same here. Too long..."

Robert caught wind again of Lyla's smell. His yearning to pin her against the wall, consume her with his love and make Lyla his was rapidly increasing the longer she stood beside him. Robert's natural instincts where thundering in his entire body. Lyla seemed to have either noticed his uncomfortable state or smelled it in the air, for she was stroking his arms and pulling Robert closer. He pressed against her chest; Robert could perceive her breasts against his shirt, as she looked him up and down.

"You're such a tall man. Are all Grendels this tall and wide like this?"

Robert swallowed. It was hard to speak; his mouth was dry and the words forming in his throat felt like Jelly and sand all at once.

"Yes...mos-most of....uh, most of us are. Gren he's, umm, tall but very tiny as far has looks go."

"I've only seen your kind in books and stories. Maybe one day you can show me the true Robert?"

Robert beamed. "So there WILL be a second time?"

"Yes, Robert. There will be a second time."

Lyla wrapped her arms around Robert's neck, as he felt his hands slip down her side and cup her buttocks. She giggled, as Lyla thrusts her lips upon Robert. Closing his eyes, his mind is boggled again by her intense smell and intricate touch. Mini grunts escaped his lips, as they passionatly kissed against the brick wall. Robert wanted Lyla right then and there; he wanted to strip her down to nothing, lay her body down and make vehement love until her body could take no more.

"I should probably be going..."

His moment of weakness was interupted by her angelic voice. Her eyes glowed under the moon, as the deep shade of yellow pierced through his soul. Robert shakes his head; the monster was clawing and aching to be released. He grinned.

"I'll walk you home-"

"Carla is coming to pick me up...she should be here soon. I'd hate to have you go anywhere near the Folkers. If they even detect a scent of Fable-"

Robert understood, as he waited beside Lyla. After five minutes, a red car pulled up. Carla honked, as Lyla kissed Robert once more.

"Thank you again. This was fun."

"So..." Robert rubs his neck. "Can I call you?"

"Of course. Here is my number."

Lyla grabs Robert's hand and she scribbles her number down onto his hand.

"Awesome. Well, I'll call you Lyla. Be safe..."

"I will. Goodnight, Robert."

"Night, Lyla..."

Blowing a kiss, Lyla enters her sister's car. Carla honks the horn, as Robert waves back. His smile is wide, as he dashes down the street. Robert grabs a nearby light post, swings around and hums a rather uplifting tune. He was in love.

Robert Grendel could not resist Lyla Smith.

Any questions please let me know. Comments are welcomed, too. :) I'm VERY proud of this chapter. Having a blast with this Fable of mine and the thanks goes out to the wonderful pudding_pie for allowing me to collaborate with him. I know that was difficult but this is the most fun I've ever had in regards to fan fiction. I hope you all are enjoying, too. MUCH better than my last one. <.<;

• Thanks for answering, JJ. :D It's curious how all these events are so intrinsically linked to John being unsure about Georgie; I wonder what makes him change his mind when he seems to be getting on so well with Georgie in Pie's Prologue chapters. Anyway, knowing that for once it wasn't the Folkers that were involved makes me wonder even more just what happens. Thanks again! :)

Without giving too much away, I will indeed answer the questions you have asked. You are begining to see the two world collide, Noir. Ro

• That's why you don't aggravate the Sheriff! Those Elves could probably do with taking some sleigh driving lessons, but at least they're kind enough to help Rick get his children back!

RhysAndLee posted: »

Christmas Challenge Chapter Two: The Wolf Rick Pentaghast, has just met Rhys. "So uh, you're a cyborg?" Asked Rick. "No, I'm not a cybo

• Lyla wrapped her arms around Robert's neck, as he felt his hands slip down her side and cup her buttocks. She giggled, as Lyla thrusts her lips upon Robert. Closing his eyes, his mind is boggled again by her intense smell and intricate touch. Mini grunts escaped his lips, as they passionatly kissed against the brick wall. Robert wanted Lyla right then and there; he wanted to strip her down to nothing, lay her body down and make vehement love until her body could take no more.

Alt text

All that was very well done; I can just feel the love that Robert has for Lyla now and truly understand why he can't let her go. He loves her with every fiber of his being. :3 These feels, JJ!

You nailed the Council bit down perfectly. Couldn't have said it better myself. I've said this before and I'll say it a MILLION times: your writing has improved and it shows. The detail, description and effort you have put into Robert. That other Fable story was alright but Robert has blossomed and taken flight. Again, well done. Glad my stories have given you inspiration. -hugs screen-

With that being said, I can't wait for more and see how this ties up with the present times.

Also, I always picture Robert like the GIF below when Lyla is with him:

Alt text

xD

Robert's smile faded when he noticed Lyla checking the time on her phone. Like she was, he too was worried they would catch on and send the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.