Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Therese was awaken by the sudden jerking of her cargo crate. Franklin's little bowl-cut hair stuck sweaty to her thigh as he lay his head on her lap. He hadn't said a word most of the trip, and when he sat up she nearly forgotten he was there.

"Do you think we've arrived?" He asked her, his throat scratchy. There was no lights slipping through the cracks so Therese could barely see him in the dark, other than his red, glowing eyes.

"Probably. I have no clue where our destination was in the first place, though."

"Ireland! Welcome to yer homelands, ma boy!" Melv was saying.

"Uhm, right, Father," A younger voice said. It was an ogre Therese hadn't yet heard during the trip.

Therese tried to look out of the box, but it was useless. It was a dreary, rainy night, the boat tipping in every which direction as it was unloaded. She saw shadows and heavy feet pass every now and again, but that was about it.

"You got tha last one?" Melv yelled.

"Yes, Father!" The kid said. The crate Therese and Franklin were in suddenly moved. They were the last crate. It moved slow and steady, on some sort of crate caddy that the ogre boy was pushing. It went down a steep incline, tossing her and Franklin to the other end.

"Ouch!" Franklin winced when Therese's leg collided with his frail body.

"Sorry," She whispered. It went level again, and there was suddenly no familiar rocking of the sea underneath them. Just a gravelly walkway and flat ground. Therese was physically relieved they were off the boat. She'd been holding vomit back the entire trip. She eased a bit, but not much, because this could very well be her death trap ahead of her. She heard unintelligible garble between the ogres, who were now glamoured to look human as they loaded their trucks up. The trucks went in several different directions, and the single crate that Franklin and Therese shared was all alone on the last one.

"It's goin' ta the Homelands!" Melv yelled to Gorey. "Best take it quick, The Marker was expectin' it a DAY ago! Damn rough seas..."

"I'll doit! I know whereta go!" Gorey said.

"You get lost and I swear on ye mother's grave I'll come after ya!"

"Don't worry Melv!" Gorey seemed proud of himself. "I done this route a lots of times! I can get 'em there!"

"Good job. Take me boy, too. He needs ta know where his loyalty is!"

The conversation now meaningless, Therese stopped to listen for the sound of the truck starting. It rumbled to life, bringing them off the gravel and on to proper roads. She didn't know which gate they were bringing her to, but she knew it was going to be another long trip. She held onto Franklin's arm tightly as the night slowly grew to day.

At the very first opportunity, she would be escaping with the boy.

Another chapter! I might write one more tonight, but if I don't then it'll be tomorrow. Idk, I have to think about it. It feels so late and yet it's only 5 PM I keep thinking it's 8 and then I'm like "We didn't have dinner wtf" And then I'm like "It's 5 and we are getting chinese it'll be here soon stop worrying emily gosh" so yeah. That's my life every night. Except for the chinese part we usually cook dinner but not tonight.

Yeah, I'm tired.

Any questions go ahead and ask I'll try my best to answer them thank you byeee <3

• Hahaha! I wouldn't yell at you, I'd probably politely and calmly tell you what you got wrong XD In my 18 years on this earth I've only actually yelled at two people one was family and one was a good friend. It is pretty cool, that would be cool I'd have many questions for my Russian ancestors as well. :P The suspense is killing me! D:

EMMYPESS posted: »

You can yell at me if I get things wrong about Ireland then XD I'm a stupid American, though I do tend to write only what I know about place

• Oh shit! She's headed to the homelands! That's not good at all D: Also I hear you on that one I feel like I get more and more tired as days go on XD I don't know about food though I normally get Papa Johns or eat in the cafeteria on my campus since they are the most convenient for me.

Therese was awaken by the sudden jerking of her cargo crate. Franklin's little bowl-cut hair stuck sweaty to her thigh as he lay his head on

• I welcome you and this mysterious fable!

RhysAndLee posted: »

(So, this is my Christmas Challenge. The story itself, will be a reply.) *Character: Rick Pentaghast. *Bit of Background: Rick is Twenty Fiv

• I love these back in time bits, too. To be honest, after reading everyone else take a swing at tackling the past, thought I'd give it a chance, too. Also, it will answer some of those questions you and others may have.

LupineNoir posted: »

To think, if it wasn't for those meddling Mundy officers, Robert and Lyla never would have met! I like going back in time and reading things

• Me too. After reading your 'prologues' about Georgie and his begining, I wanted to give a chance for Robert.

And to be honest, dude, I'm glad you agreed to take a leap of Faith with me. :) You've been a blast working with....partner. :D

pudding_pie posted: »

I'm glad you are doing the whole bit with explaining how these two got together. You gave Lyla that typical teenager behavior and Robert was

• "How is your burger?"

Robert watched Lyla take another enormous bite from the messy heart stopping concoction; Lyla's burger was a towering four patty burger with three different types of cheese, layer of Bacon, 'Secret' sauce, Red onions, Lettuce and Pickles. She grabbed a handful of fries and dipped them into her ketchup.

"This thing is so good...." Lyla took another bite. "I RARELY eat like this."

Robert was shocked. "Really? Huh. But you're a Wolf-"

"Remember, my mom is Human. She want's to TRY and keep a healthy life style. She has no idea..."

Robert giggles, as he sips soda from his plastic cup. "I bet your dad sneaks around New York JUST to grab a bite-"

"That's the BEST thing about being Wolf; our metabolisim is QUICK, so within an hour or so, we are ready to eat again."

Robert bites down onto his Spicy Chicken sandwich. "So....your family. I only know what Gren says."

"He and my sister just 'friends' with benefits?"

Robert chuckles. "I'm giving it another year or two and those two will become more than just 'sleeping' buddies."

"They do things that ACTUAL couples do."

"Yeah. I know. One night, he said he and Carla were going out to get Sushi and see a movie."

"Right!? And they ALWAYS go to the Trip Trap, get drunk, stumble somewhere dark and just bone."

Robert nearlt spit up his soda. "That's rich, Lyla."

"Well, I swear. They just need to make it official."

"Give it time...."

The honking of a Cab rolls by. Several people, mostly on their phones, run past Robert and Lyla.

Lyla giggles. "Mundies are fun to watch when they are late or something."

"Does your mom do that?"

"You have NO idea, Robert."

Robert wips his mouth. "So, speaking of boyfriends, you have one?"

"Psh. No. Not interested. You have a girlfriend waiting back at home for you?"

Robert shakes his head. "I've been single for nearly a century now..."

"Wow. Why? Oh God....are you gay!? I'm sorry, I thought-"

Robert waves his finger. "No, no, no-I'm not gay. Just...I don't know. We Grendels prefer to be alone."

"Think your brother said the same thing and, well....look who he's 'friends' with now."

"Well, when my time comes, it will happen."

"Yeah. Even Grendels need a companion now and then."

Robert hiccups, as he adds salt to his remaining fires. As he shakes the saly, he catches a sudden sweet smell in the air; the wind blows it past his nose, as he inhales deeply. It smells like fresh cut Flowers.

"You alright there, Grendel?"

"What-oh, ummm....yes. Just, uh...never mind..."

Lyla lights a cigarette she pulled from her purse. "Want one?"

"Sure."

As Lyla leans over with the lighter, Robert catches it again. The smell. It was Lyla. He suddenly felt the urge to tackles her to the ground and run off with Lyla.

"So....ummm, Lyla..." He needed a distraction. "How old are you, if you don't mind-"

"Sixteen."

Robert almost chokes. "What-"

"I KNOW you heard me, Grendel. I'm sixteen."

"Uhhh...okay...maybe you should give me that cigarette and-"

"Oh no! Don't you EVEN take my cigarettes!"

"No wonder those cops went after you!"

"SSH!" Lyla looks around. "Quiet, Robert. You're getting loud."

Robert huffs. "You're too young-"

"Okay, DAD! I won't do it again, DAD!"

"Stop, Lyla. Does your DAD know you smoke?"

Lyla folds her hands. "No..."

"Does your sister?"

"They all do but...they'd never rat on me. Wolf code...or, something stupid like that...."

Robert folds his arms. "Well, then neither am I."

Lyla snorts. "Riiiiight...like he'd believe you."

"Shouldn't you be in school, Lyla?"

Lyla inhales the smoke. "Please. That place is boring and pointless."

"The'll be looking for you."

Lyla sticks he rtongue out. "LET them. I have me my VERY own Grendel."

Robert dips another fry into the ketchup. "I like you. I'm surprised we never met before."

"Remember, Robert-they're not 'dating', so family does not have to MEET the 'boyfriend.' "

Robert holds his hands up. "Whoa! That's right!"

They both share a minute of pure laughter; Robert could not remember the last time he had a brief moment of peace without any issues like this. He was still takneb ack by such beauty; the wind continued to blow in her hair, as Lyla finished off her burger. Robert was lost in her eyes, her beauty...her everything. Suddenly, he had to have her.

"Well, since you don't want to go to school, how about some ice cream?"

Lyla cracks a smile. "This a DATE, Mr. Grendel?"

Robert stands up, as he extends his hand out. "Oh, I don't know....perhaps?"

"He still had time before he needed to return to work. To be honest, Robert nearly called in and remain the rest of the day spent with Lyla. But like eating Cake, he didn't want to overdue is new found desires; little by little, he'd enjoy the moment and taste of his treat.

Lyla beamed, as the two, arm in arm, walked down the street and headed to the nearest ice cream shop.

Any questions, let me know. :)

• Yep! It really isn't! My family usually cooks dinner, but sometimes we eat take-out. It's a good treat now and then :)

Tetra posted: »

Oh shit! She's headed to the homelands! That's not good at all Also I hear you on that one I feel like I get more and more tired as days go

• THAT IS GENIUS. ;D

Yeah, that's fine. What did it say, though? I'm curious. :P

• When I'm home I normally cook dinner, and when we get takeout we grab pizza or subs so I've never had chinese food before XD

Yep! It really isn't! My family usually cooks dinner, but sometimes we eat take-out. It's a good treat now and then

• My fiancee said the SAME thing to me. xD She said techincally, its NOT a proper noun but I remember my mother used to get onto me when I was a kid if I DIDN'T do that. lol I will learn to break it in time.

hey already know he's now talking with her, and they're also letting him keep the mirror (Obviously, Georgie didn't want the same thing to happen to his son that happened to him and Lyla.) Just making sure, sometimes I screw this stuff up lol XD

Yes; Georgie tried to keep Mary away from Junior by hiding the mirrors or covering them up. But Lyla mentioned her father did the SAME thing to Georgie; tried to keep them apart because he didn't like the person. Despite his feelings towards Mary, Georgie knows how much Junior loves her. He'd hate to do to his son what was done to him. He allows the mirror in the room now. :) The quads are nine in this story. Junior is just so sensitive.

My family is Catholic and I too remember the little scene my mom ALWAYS had out during Christmas. I had to add that in there. Georgie knew how mych Lyla loved it, so he and John got together and made a new one. <3

Robert does end up getting custody of RJ; they split holidays up and birthdays. I'm pretty sure JJ has it like this: Lyla gets RJ Sunday through Wed afternoon and Robert had RJ Wed afternoon until Sunday night. I remember when JJ came to me with the idea; I wasn't too sure, as I had the story pretty much planned out and already set. BUT...he explained the idea and I loved it. :) Would make sense to have a relationship before the whole thing with Georgie. He's too cute. I agree.

RJ and his siblings and family? I'd like to see one, though if you can't or don't want to do any that's fine. I want to see how he resembles his mother and father <3

Another wonderful idea for a drawing! I must, as you are right. I have drawn them on seperate papers but not together. I will have to do that; show RJ in both glamour and his true form. Also, add his siblings. He and Peter are very close. :)

And Carla's fits come from my own mother; she's very anal when it comes to the holidays. I always picture her throwing things at Gren, while the kids laugh. xD

I don't mind the long posts. Means I did something good. :) Glad you liked it. Are you going to do the challenge as well? I would love to see it, if you do that is.

I've noticed that you tend to capitalize the word Snow even when it has nothing to do with Snow the person XD It's not necessarily a proper

• The entire time I was reading this, all I kept thinking was this: SHUT your face, Robert! xD I loved this. So someone HAS been reading my stories. :) Can't wait for more, dude!

JJwolf posted: »

"How is your burger?" Robert watched Lyla take another enormous bite from the messy heart stopping concoction; Lyla's burger was a toweri

• "It's 5 and we are getting chinese it'll be here soon stop worrying emily gosh" so yeah. That's my life every night.

That's what me and the misses are getting! xD

Man, T. I feel so bad for her; stuck in this sudden predicament with little Franklin. Going back to the Homelands makes me wonder what Gorey has planned. Reminds me of the time with the Vampires and their evil intentions. Makes me wonder how T will get out of this; Will Adam make it in time with Mary. (still weird seeing her as deputy) xD Love it, though!

And William....hmmm. I think he may have a large part in this BUT again. I could be wrong!

Therese was awaken by the sudden jerking of her cargo crate. Franklin's little bowl-cut hair stuck sweaty to her thigh as he lay his head on

• Okay, I had chapter one, but I somehow deleted it. Thought I am fixing it, so it should be back up tonight, or tomorrow.

(So, this is my Christmas Challenge. The story itself, will be a reply.) *Character: Rick Pentaghast. *Bit of Background: Rick is Twenty Fiv

• Chapter One: Rick woke up, in his bed. He saw his calendar, and noticed it was Christmas Day. He noticed his kids were there. He looked at his watch, and read it.
    "3:00." He sighed.
    He grabbed his money, and counted it.
    "Not enough for a good Christmas gift." He complained.
    Someone knocked on his door. He headed towards it and opened it. It was a Elf.
    "Hey there, we at The North Pole, noticed you were have a bad week! So we decided to take you to the North Pole, in our sleigh!" He said, happily.
    "Okay, I'll go." Rick replied.
    He headed out, and saw his kids on the sleigh. He noticed a Elf with a long white beard, petting a Reindeer.
    "Hey there! Just get on, and we'll take you!" He said in delight.
    Rick got in between his kids, as the Elfs got on the front row. He started to make the Sleigh move, by using the Reindeers.
    "Remember to put your seat belt on!" Said the Elf with the long beard.
    Rick saw a seat belt. He put it on. He noticed his kids, already had his on.
    "Aaaand, lift off!" Said the Elf sitting by the long bearded Elf.
    They started to go into the air.

After a hour or so, they faced problems, that they wouldn't know about.

"Halfway there!" Said the Elf, with the long beard. "Get ready to have some-"
    The Reindeer on the left, was shot in the neck. Two men landed on the sleigh, and Rick unbuckled himself and stood up.
    "Hi! We kill you!" Said the man.
    "Yaaah! I want your eyeballs!" Said the other man.
    Rick grabbed the one, who wanted his eyeballs, and punched him in the neck.
    "Yay! We enemies!" Said the other one.
    Rick threw the one he was holding, into the other one. The long beared Elf, tossed him a potion. Rick opened it, and drank it. He felt power, surge through him.
    "Woah, this is cool!" He said.
    Rick felt powers, so he used them. A purple Orb appeared in his right hand, and he hit the man, who wanted his eyeballs, in the chest, which sent him flying. The other one, kicked him in the stomach.
    "Jesus, you can kick!" Yelled Rick.
    He looked to his left, and saw another man, with his kids. He dropped off, with them, onto another sleigh. Rick jumped off, and tried to grab on, but missed, and went free falling down. He landed in a blue portal, which knocked him out when he entered.
    "Gaaah..." Rick moaned, when he woke up. A man with a tie, a vest, a metal arm, a blue eye and a normal eye, and with a blue shirt looked at him.
    "Who are you?" He asked.
    "I'm Rick Pentaghast. Who are you?" Asked Rick.
    "My name is Rhys." Said the man named Rhys.
    (Sorry about the short chapter. Chapter Two will be longer!)

• Chinese is the best lol XD Glad you agree!

T and Franklin are all a part of a bigger plan not yet revealed. The Marker (If you haven't noticed yet) Is supposed to be William, and he is in charge of these ogres who are transporting everything. You'll see in later chapters how it falls in to place. I know this one was short, and I hadn't realized it until after I posted it and then I went to a birthday party so yeah. Mary is amazing, I love her XD

"It's 5 and we are getting chinese it'll be here soon stop worrying emily gosh" so yeah. That's my life every night. That's what me

• edited December 2014

The airport was a nightmare. It took roughly an hour to get out of it, and even then, Mary had lost one of her bags (The one with all her 'Good Shit' as she'd said multiple times.) Reynard dragged his rescue group through the large crowd of mundies, most with thick Irish accents and a few Americans or British and even a Russian family mixed in.

As soon as they were in the taxi, Reynard's phone began to buzz.

"Fair? Why are you-"

"Dad, where are you?" His daughter was on the other end. She sounded a little surprised and angry at the same time.

"I'm in...Ireland...."

"Do you even know what today is?" She asked in a huff. "You promised me you'd come this year."

"Look-" Reynard said. Mary was awkwardly staring at him and Adam was awkwardly staring out the window as he jumbled his words. "-There's been a change of plans-"

"It's Mom's birthday though," She said it in a whisper. It was still hard for Fair to say the word 'mom' sometimes.

"I know, I haven't forgotten that," Reynard said. "The Lord knows I would never forget that. But I assume the public has little knowledge of what's happening."

"What could be more important than this?" Fair asked, almost disgustedly.

"Mr. Wolf's daughter, Therese? Do you know her?"

"Sort of. She's the quiet one, right? She's kind of weird Dad-"

"She's been kidnapped, along with the vampire boy. They're here, in Ireland, and I've made it my mission to save them."

"What the- ...k? Ca-....Hear-....Dad?" The phone reception was lost, and the call was hung up.

"Damn," Reynard said, stuffing it in his pocket. "Damn. I..." He covered his face. "I lied to her."

"About what? That seemed one hundred percent the truth to me," Mary said, looking through some random tour guides they picked up on the way out.

"I DID forget," He replied. "I must have been so caught up in Therese's disappearance-....I'm a horrible person." Reynard hung his head into his hands, the car's motions nearly knocking him into Adam and then Mary a few moments later.

"Stop," Mary said. "Stop beating yourself up because you just so happen to care about another human being other than yourself. Okay?"

Reynard looked at her questioningly as the taxi came to a halt. "What do you mean? How do you-"

"It's quite obvious," Adam said plainly, his eyes still out the window. "You love her."

Reynard's gut wrenched. He didn't want to say love exactly. It felt wrong, it felt like it was too soon. Meghan...what would she think? Her rubbed his eyes, digging his phone out. A few messages from his daughter, saying she would call later. He sighed, sitting back against the seat.

"It'll be alright," Mary reassured him. "It always is. We'll get her."

The taxi driver drove for 3 hours. Reynard paid double the amount, rushing Mary and Adam in to the hotel they'd reserved as they boarded the plane earlier in the day.

"So this is the closest place to the Gate?" Mary asked, dropping her luggage near her bed. There were two beds, which meant some one was going to share a bed.

"I wanted to get a Holiday Inn," Reynard said. "It was a tiny bit closer. But it's booked to the brim. I have no idea why there's such and influx-"

"I don't care," Mary said. "I like these traditional inns better. Cozier. By the way, I ain't sharing with you guys. Have fun spooning each other."

Reynard glared at her, while Adam tensed. He seemed to be avoiding Reynard completely. "I-....I'll sleep on the floor," He said, backing away from them.

"I don't care," Reynard said. "I won't be sleeping. I can't sleep. Just take it. It's late."

"Good that," Mary said. She jumped into her bed, kicking her shoes off and stuffing her face into the pillow. "Mhfmmfmfmf"

"What the fuck?" Reynard said. "What did you say?"

"I said," Mary said. "I would take a shower and clean up, but my goddamn BAG got goddamn LOST! So you're all gonna have to deal with my stink ass self."

"This inn comes with soaps," Adam said, sitting on the armchair near the fireplace.

"Soap from the damn dollar store. I need the top quality stuff," She said. "This hair may be simple LOOKING, but it's hella more complicated to keep together. I need my damn Suave."

"Right," Reynard said, letting out a puff of air. "Just go to bed, we'll plug our noses. Adam, sleep on the bed."

"No, if you want it-"

"Just take it. Seriously."

"....Okay. Sorry."

"Whatever." Reynard tossed open a window, sticking his head out. It was cold and rainy, but the room was hot and stuffy. He needed the air. He could see the mountain from the Inn, knew exactly where the entrance was.

"So close," He whispered. "She's probably there already. Unless we've beaten them. She's got to be there."

It was midnight. Mary's snores filled the room, preventing Adam's peaceful slumbering to occur. He had pillows stuffed in his ears but it just wasn't working. He tossed some in bed, occasionally opening his eyes to check if Reynard still had his head out the window.

Reynard was gone this time. Adam panicked, sitting upright. The clock on the wall said twelve fifteen, so he stood, his feet creaking the uneven floor boards. Mary was right, it did give a homely feel. The fire was down to small embers in the fire place, but the room remain warm. He pulled a jacket on and went into the hallway.

He let out a breath of relief when he saw Reynard standing in front of the vending machine at the end of the hall. His head was against the glass as the Twix bar slowly fell from the top row.

Reynard turned, then jumped. "Adam. What are you doing awake?"

"Couldn't sleep," He replied, his hands in his coat pocket.

"I hear you. Mary is loud as hell. Um..." Reynard stared at him a moment, opening his Twix bar carefully. "Why are you out here then?"

"Oh-" Adam looked down at his feet. "I...Wanted to make sure you weren't making a stupid mistake, is all."

Reynard's eyebrow arched. "Like?"

"Going to the portal with out us. I just-....I'm afraid, I guess."

Reynard leaned on the Vending machine, chewing his chocolate bar slowly. "Tell me, Adam. What's waiting for us?"

"I honestly don't know," Adam replied. "It's changed since I left. A lot. I don't know how hard it will be."

"Do you think....we'll make it out alive?"

"Most likely, but....like I said. I don't know."

They stood silent for a while. It was awkward in the very sense of the word.

"I-" They both decided to say at the same time.

"Sorry, you go first," Adam said, his cheeks flushing white in the low light.

"Do you....Like Therese?" Reynard asked.

Adam tensed again, like he normally did. "What do you mean?"

"Like...." Reynard sighed. "Like I do?"

Adam backed away, turning to the wall. There were old paintings of flowers on them, and he noticed a wood bench nearby. He walked to it, sitting down. "Yes. I do. I think I love her too, Reynard."

Reynard thought he should be angry. But he wasn't. "When did you realize it?"

"Recently. Before I was interrogated by you. I talked to her the night before, and was...."

"Mesmerized?" Reynard said weakly. He had a sad grin on his face, staring down at the floorboards.

"Yes.." Adam whispered. "Astonished. She hit me like a wave..."

"A wave of golden beauty, behind big brown eyes and a fierce temper," Reynard added.

"Exactly."

Reynard laughed out loud. "Do you see how pathetic we are? If she wanted us, she would have said something, right?"

"I don't know," Adam said. "She's not necessarily able to express her feelings in that regard."

"How do you know?"

"I can see it in her. She was barely able to utter much of a word, when she arrived at my apartment that night. I just went along with what she said. I played for her. She was....I took her breath away, I guess."

"You that good?"

"Yeah. I've played violin and piano for centuries. Ever since my curse had broken. It was how I...dealt with grief."

"Are you still sad?" Reynard asked. "About...your sister?"

"I'll never stop missing her," Adam replied. "But it gets easier over time. I wish she were still alive, but I'm happy she did not have to see the monster I'd become. I would rather her dead than disappointed in me. I am an utter failure to my family."

"Don't say that," Reynard whispered. He handed the second Twix to Adam, who accepted it willfully.

"It's true, though," He said, crunching down on the candy. "I joined William early on. He manipulated me by using that grief against me. Told me that she would be proud I was going to make a difference. The only difference I've made was destroy lives. That's nothing to be proud of."

"You've changed though," Reynard says. "You want to undo your wrongdoings. You want to save Therese as much as I do."

"But that's one person. One out of the millions who've died because of me. Because I've listened to William. Because-" He stopped, his hands covering his mouth. "These Lips....are Sealed..."

Reynard sighed. "I don't suppose you fancy sleeping on that couch?"

"It's better than listening to Mary snore and talk in her sleep. She's particularly morbid with her choice of words."

Reynard laughed. "That's Mary for you. Get some rest. I'll grab a pillow for you. And Adam?"

"Yes?" Adam reclined on the couch, using the armrest to rest his head.

"Don't worry about not being liked, or accepted. I like you, despite what you've done. And I don't dislike you for liking Tessie. She's a likable person. I suppose she'll choose who she wants, if she wants either of us."

Adam just nodded as Reynard walked away. The night was growing shorter and he was finally able to sleep peacefully, out in the hallway. Things were looking positive for the first time in forever.

I hope you liked it <3 I'm doubting my writing yet again, but it is what it is. I'm satisfied enough to post it, so enjoy <3

EDIT: I mentioned in previous chapters that Reynard's daughter's name was Tara. It was a place holder, seeing that she was literally just born in last month's issue of Fairest, however she was not given a name until I read the next issue (number 32) TODAY. They named her Fair, which is a cute name I think. ALSO, I really liked what happened in the issue, it was really funny this time round. You should read Fairest, its a WAY better spinoff than Jack of Fables, by far. And, it closely follows current events in the main Fables comics. So yeah <3

• Chinese is good, though it might be different compared to where you live, I don't know. Usually regions differ in how good that kind of stuff is. Like in New York/ New Jersey, that's the only places you can get REAL good pizza. Anywhere down south, you're lucky it doesn't taste like cardboard XD And cheesesteaks, Pennsylvania (Specifically the city, Philidelphia) makes the best. And if you want fried chicken done perfect, pretty much anything south. So like from Virginia down. It's interesting, I know. We often get pizza where I live (haha New Jersey) but Chinese is generally really well done in our state too, so either way I'm REALLY happy when we get it for dinner XD I love subs, too. But we get them for big parties, usually.

When I'm home I normally cook dinner, and when we get takeout we grab pizza or subs so I've never had chinese food before XD

• edited December 2014

The Story of Wolven, Winter and Norths Honorable Son.

On that cold cold day, when Winter gave birth to her seven cubs the night was calm and peaceful as the breeze of the night air blew through the frosty forest. He was the sixth to be born, while Bigby was the 7th to be born. Out of the whole liter, he was one one who was some what...humble and shared the trait of honor, inherited from his father, Mr. North.

Traveling to mountain top to mountain top cutting through harsh boundaries Wolven was durable to all of his surrounding. There wasn't an animal in the forest he couldn't hunt. Though this trait was shared among his siblings, he too possessed separate abilities as well.

On the day his mother Winter died, his older brother decided to move the pack to their fathers castle. Bigby refused and stay by his my corpse and vowed to guard it. Wolven was crushed, he was left with two decisions of either staying with his brother and watch over the remains of his deceased mother or travel with his brothers to his father castle and live like kings.

He tried so hard to convince Bigby to come with him, but he was shunned, and was declared Bigby's enemy along with their cold hearted father. He left, knowing that this would likely be the last time he would every see his brother again.

After living with his father for a year, he and his brothers were kicked out of Mr. Norths castle. He recognized them for their savagery and forced them to leave the realm. However, Wolven was never able to give a solid explanation to his father about his actions.

Living with his brothers in various forests, he began to grow tired of their harsh and sadistic nature. He broke away from his brothers and decided to live out his life in a honorable manner. Being a giant wolf, he could easily intimidate anyone. He adapted a more formal tone in voice, and learned proper edicate from a young maiden named Maribel that he met over the travels. The two was very found of each other and eventually began to date.

Wolven had become a scholar with the help of Meribel. He began to abandon his savage ways, although when he got angry, they immediately came back..

For 80 years he traveled the lands in search or new adventures, new discoveries and helping those in need. He came across a dwarf named Dewloren. Together they traveled the world and on their journey they met a dragon named Delphantez who daringly needed their help to to save his kingdom from an incoming threat.

The two accepted Delphantez request and helped him fend off the invading forces. However the kingdom was no match for the invading forces might so Delphantaz retreated the people of his kingdom to neighboring lands valuing their safety. Wolven was nearly killed by a silver spear that would of impaled his chest, but instead he was saved by Delphantez leading to his capture.

As Wolven recovered, he was just about to thank Delphantez for saving his life only to witness the dragon being captured by the enemy. Before Delphantez disappeared into the enemies hands, he asked the noble wolf for one final request, to train his young son who resides in the Mundane world. Teach him of his birthright and teach him how to become a hero..

Wolven vowed to find Delphantez son and teach him and train him so that he could return to save his father and rid this kingdom of the evil that resides here. He knew that this will not be a easy task, but this is what he strive for anyway, this is the lifestyle he chose.

He traveled to the mundane world in search of Draco, which was easier than he expected since Draco had a striking resemblance to his father and he lured him into the homelands and tested him.

The dragon proved to be a worthy challenge but wore itself out in the process and from then on Wolven knew that this boy was the hero he was sent to find, the hero that Delphantez sent him to find and train. Up to this very moment, Wolven was ready to make a difference and finally prove that he was no longer that savage beast that his father claimed him to be. He hope that someday he would finally reunite with his brother Bigby and face his father, together...

Alt text

With that said, I will start working on my christmas challenge. Some of you might be like 'wtf lol?' when you get through the first chapter..lol

• I also forgot to mention that Mr. Dark from the comics along with his counterpart Mr. Light(Who I made up) played a BIG part in the creation of these two worlds.

Mr. Dark being the personification of everything that is...dark seemed and Mr.Light personification of everything that is light...

Yep, Light and Darkness sure are intrinsic to a lot of stories, so having them personified like this is a good idea! Lydia's triumph over Argula has certainly been a highlight so far!

• EMMY please my feelings! The friendship Adam and Reynard is great, especially when they were having that heart to heart and putting everything on the table in the hall. Don't doubt your writing, I think it's great! :D

The airport was a nightmare. It took roughly an hour to get out of it, and even then, Mary had lost one of her bags (The one with all her 'G

• Yeah I asked my roommate to show me a Chinese place and it was awful D: I live in North Carolina and I approve of this comment that pizza does taste like cardboard down here most of the time. XD My cousin used to live in New Jersey! :P Ah I see I used to get a sub every Tuesday and Thursday.

Chinese is good, though it might be different compared to where you live, I don't know. Usually regions differ in how good that kind of stuf

• DUH Pie. -slaps face- Ugh man....I should go back and re-read it, so I don't make THAT mistake again. xD

It's not short at all; usually, those are the best ones because they pack quite a punch. :3

Chinese is the best lol XD Glad you agree! T and Franklin are all a part of a bigger plan not yet revealed. The Marker (If you haven't no

• Don't ever doubt yourself. You have more creativity coming out of those fingers than you think. :3 But, I understand what you mean. Sometimes I find myself doubting myself. :3

Okay, now my doubt about Adam is gone....For now.... And that William. Wonder how they will handle hime. Waiting for Mary to kick ass. xD And I had NO idea Reynard has a daughter. Wonder if my fiancee knows....going to have to check THAT one out, too.

The airport was a nightmare. It took roughly an hour to get out of it, and even then, Mary had lost one of her bags (The one with all her 'G

• Peter closed his eyes for a brief moment, as the cab continued down the road. Emily was still fast asleep; her cheek was pressed against the window, as a trail of spit poured from the corner of her mouth. His headache was growing. The tense throbbing pain made it difficult to concentrate. The Cab pulled up to the Pudding and Pie. Peter's eyes quickly opened, as he peered out the window.

He was astonished when Peter noticed his Uncle Gren standing along side the alley entrance. In his hand, he held a bottle of Whiskey and a cigarette in the other. His grin was broad when he noticed Peter in the back.

Peter paid the driver, walked to the other side and grabbed his sister. Shaking his head, Gren assisted Peter. Emily's eyes fluttered open; they looked right at Gren, as she tried to smile.

"The bloody 'ell. Where...ugh God...my 'ead..."

Gren holds Emily against his chest. "When are you going to lear, Emily Porgie?"

"Ya' be one ta' talk, ya' bloody alco-"

Emily leans over and throws every ounce of Whiskey onto the pavement. Peter rolls his eyes, as he checks the phone.

"Felicia here?"

"Nope. Why I'm here waitin' for someone." Gren looks down at Emily. "Looks like the owner of the place is here..."

Emily lifts her middle finger up. "Bite me ass..."

Peter laughs. "Well, you think you can handle this sack of dirty laundry while I run off for a bit?"

BLEEEEEH Gren pats Emily's back. "Yeah. I got this..."

Peter looks again at his phone. "Well, I'll be back in an hour. Emily...go lay down."

"Yes MOTHER! BLEEEEEEH!"

"Lovely."

Peter takes out a cigarette, as he lights it and walks down the sidewalk. It was a rather beautiful day; it was overcast and warm enough to wear loose articles of clothing. A trail of smoke disappeared around the corner, as Gren led Emily to the back door. Emily fumbled for the keys. She nearly dropped them twice before Gren took them away.

"Here...let me help you."

As the door swung open, Emily walked inside and straight to the bar. Hans junior walked from behind the VIP lounge.

"Bloody fook, Hans!"

"I'm sorry, Emily." In his hands, he held three large boxes. "I was moving these crates and-"

"Did ya' NOT hear me out there-HUH!?"

"Relax, Emily." Gren makes Emily sit in a chair. "Just...let me get ya' some water and Asprin."

Hans Junior plays with his shirt collar. "I'm so sorry....I was trying to get those stacked like you wanted Emily....Felicia said-"

Emily waves her hand. "Stop. Ya' sound pathetic, Junior. It's fine...its me head..."

Hans Junior looked at Gren, who was shaking his head. He holds up a Wine bottle.

"You go out and drink again?"

"I'm a grown ass woman, Hans-"

"I know but...you are probably overdoing it. Perhaps take it easy?"

Gren returns with a glass of water and two pills. "Here. I remember that look..."

Emily pops the pills into her mouth. "What look?"

"That 'I'm so hung over it hurts' look. Used to have that EVERY night until I found something else to help mask the stress."

"I ain't maskin' anything, Gren..."

Gren shrugs. "Your call, Emily. I just know Hans Junior is right and so is EVERYONE else-you need to fuckin' take it easy."

Emily stood up. She leaned against a pole near the stairs leading to the stage. She walked over to the bar.

"I'm gunna go lay down for a bit. Get me when Felicia comes back. The 'ell is she, anyways?"

"Remember boss, she went-"

Emily rubs her forehead. "Hans Junior...don't. Don't bloody do that..."

"But-"

Emily eyes Hans Junior again. He KNOWS that look. Who didn't know about the 'Porgie' look?

"Sorry. Er, uh, she went to the store, pay the utility bill and get another bag of Limes for the bar."

Emily heads upstairs. "Brilliant. Just...keep it down, Hans junior."

Gren follows Emily. "Here. Let me help you. Last thing I fucking need is you passed out in the hallway or something..."

Emily heads to her room; she does not even bother to remove her shoes, as she flings herself into the soft covers. The headache shows its ugly self, as Emily buries her face into the pillow.

"You need help, uh, getting comfortable, Emily?"

"Me shoes..."

Gren unties her Converse high ops, as he throws them into the closet. Gren looks over at Emily. The look upon her face. Gren cringed. He knew that look all too well. The look of defeat.

"If you need help, Emily..."

"I'm fine, Gren."

Gren sits beside Emily. "I can help you. Fuck, man-I can show you some of my old tricks."

Emily's eyes look over. It was strenuous to focus. "Woot?"

"Help. You. Me."

"Haha...real fookin' funny..." Emily sighs. "The joys of being a Porgie."

Gren pats her head. "Eh, it will be alright, kiddo. You'll get it."

"Say, where is aunt Carla and the others at right now?"

"Shopping. Rosie, Gren Junior and Noah went to a movie with some friends."

"Rosie still dating that Troll guy. Er, what's his fookin' name..."

"Teddy? Nah, they broke up long-"

Before Gren could finish, Emily was leaning over and throwing up again. Gren stands up.

"I'll grab a bucket..."

Peter paused at a coffee shop. He took a seat at a nearby bench. He KNEW what Winter was trying to do; she managed to pull it off every time she called in regards to Bigby. Peter didn't hate the man. Just had a laborious time excepting who he REALLY was. Ethan caught him one time just staring into the mirror.

"Peter....what are you doing, bro?"

"Looking...."

"At what?"

"What everyone keeps telling me..."

Peter would pretend it wasn't there: the scruffy beard, the way his hair was fashioned. Even his taste is smokes and Whiskey. Peter would blame all this on his papa; the Wolf and EVERY trait he showcased came from THAT side of the family.

There were days, like today, were Peter couldn't find anything related to the Porgies. Or Smiths. All he saw was Wolf. Bigby Wolf.

There was that familiar smell, as Peter stood up. There he was. It was like looking into the mirror.

"Hey son..." Hands in his pockets, Bigby walked over to Peter.

"Bigby..."

Bigby recoiled. "You in the mood for a Coffee?"

"Right after you."

Together, the Wolves walked into the Coffee shop.

Any questions, let me know. I had time before the new South Park episode to write a little section. Plus, can't sleep. Fiqncee is asleep with miss Emily. <3 May go out and get some Jack in the Box.

• You'll like where I'll take this. :3 Now it's MY turn to keep you waiting. XD

The entire time I was reading this, all I kept thinking was this: SHUT your face, Robert! xD I loved this. So someone HAS been reading my stories. Can't wait for more, dude!

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited December 2014

Peter has A LOT of love and patience for his sister. I adore it. <3 I'm hoping to see more of Ethan was well; I feel like out of the Porgie kids, he has yet to WOW me with his story and part in Fabletown. I have this FEELING that you're not telling us for a reason; this worries me, yet has my full attention now.

I love Gren. <3 THINK you are the only one to have used him as a big part in a story. You said you're going to do something with him that may or may not cause some issues. Oh man...I can't wait!!! :)

An Peter...I feel so bad. He has such hate towards Bigby and I can't wait to see why I know he used to see the Sheriff when he was younger. (Georgie would take him to the park with Bigby) so it can't be the lack of viewing Bigby. And Emily. I have another feeling we haven't seen ALL of Emily Porgie's TRUE potential.

So many ways this could all go! Can't wait!

Plus, can't sleep. Fiqncee is asleep with miss Emily. <3 May go out and get some Jack in the Box.

:D I'll call you; hopefully you didn't go yet. Would love to see ya, man.

Peter closed his eyes for a brief moment, as the cab continued down the road. Emily was still fast asleep; her cheek was pressed against the

• That's just as good out of gif-form. ;D

THAT IS GENIUS. ;D

• Aha, I haven't got that far in the comics, but once I get up to that part it'll click much better with what you've written about him, and your own Mr. Light. :)

MasterStone posted: »

I also forgot to mention that Mr. Dark from the comics along with his counterpart Mr. Light(Who I made up) played a BIG part in the creation

• It is an unnecessary question, really. I think it's because I've been watching '24' for the first time of late (where each series has 24 episodes and each episode covers an hour over a consecutive 24 hours), and I've ended up slightly preoccupied with the timings events and when they happen. Thanks for answering it, though! And Reynard has been such a prominent person so far so it makes sense we should see how he and the others figure things out.

The complication comes across, in a good way; certainly, I'm not sure where he's going to end up, though like you say he does want to make things right. And thanks for saying so! Yeah, I figured Snow could do with some colour. :) If you'd like to see a larger version it's on dA: http://fav.me/d88jvxh

The events happen in chronological order, though I guess it doesn't much matter what time of day. At this point that they're getting on the

• Although yet to play 'Tales From The Borderlands', I'm pretty certain it's the same Rhys! Who'd have thought slay rides with elves could be quite so perilous; they must really want Rick and his children!

Chapter One: Rick woke up, in his bed. He saw his calendar, and noticed it was Christmas Day. He noticed his kids were there. He looked at h

• Whoever this killer is, they certainly aren't very nice! And Clara really isn't afraid of the Big Bad Wolf! :P

Christmas Challenge: Tragic Tuesday Bigby and Clara stood at the crime scene. "So what do you think Clara?" Bigby asked "Well..." S

• Christmas challenge: Worse Off Wednesday

Bigby and Clara looked around the mall nothing was misplaced except for the stuffed Polar Bear, but Clara noticed that there was ice inside the mall instead of outside of the mall. After taking a look around Clara went to ask Bigby some questions.

"Hey Bigby? Do we have any fables that own an axe or a butchers knife?" Clara asked

"Well we have the woodsman and then Johan the butcher, You think they both did it?" Bigby asked

"No, there was only one killer and he had both tools." Clara said

"Well the woodsman shouldn't be piss drunk yet let's go pay him a visit." Bigby said

Clara nodded and they headed to the woodsmans apartment.

When they arrived there were people repairing the wall in one of the apartments.

"What happened up there? Did he get a bit fiesty?" Clara asked

"That's a long story when we get a bit of a break." Bigby said

Clara went with it as they entered the building. Instead of going upstairs the woodsman has taken over Mr. Toads apartment. Bigby knocked on the door, but he wasn't opening.

"Move aside Mr.Wolf." Clara said kneeling taking a knee and picked the lock.

"You know we don't have a warrant to do this." Bigby said

"For all we know this man could be the killer and be murdering someone as we speak." Clara said

She had a point, Bigby thought "I didn't see a thing." He said

When they walked in the woodsman was passed out on the couch, Bigby walked over an woke him up.

"Hey Woody! C'mon get up your coming with us." Bigby said

"What? Why? I haven't done shit Wolf and you know it!" Woody began to yell.

"Now Wolf we don't have to take him anywhere we can ask him here." Clara said turning to Woody and began to ask him questions.

"Alright Woody do you own a magical axe?" Clara asked

"Yeah but it went missing a couple of weeks ago, I was actually going to the lucky pawn to see if it's over there." Woody said

She nodded and asked Bigby to look around to confirm that the woodsman was telling the truth. She headed to The Butchers shop.

When she got there the place didn't look very nice she was surprised he wasn't shut down. She rang the bell and waited for Johan to come out.

"Hi how can I help you?" Johan asked

"Hi Detective Clara for Fabletown I was wondering if you are missing any butchers knives?" Clara asked

"Yeah one went missing a about a week ago, why?" Johan asked

"There is a start of a chain of murders and one of the weapons used was butchers knife." Clara said

"I-I-I didn't do it if that's what you're thinking!" Johan stuttered

"Really? Because right now you're my number one suspect if I'm honest." Clara said

"What proof do you have!?" Johan was scared

"I do have a theory but I need a little more time to finish it up, thank you butcher." Clara smiled

Johan smiled after she left.

After that Clara called Bigby saying she was done for the day and needed to look over the notes. She went home for the night to do just that.

The next day Bigby woke her up again saying there was another incident but this time the victim wasn't dead he was alive.....it was Tiny Tim.

• The killer seems to be ruining Christmas! Yeah she seems to have an iron will when it comes to Bigby but wolves have their ways of making chills run down your spine ;)

Whoever this killer is, they certainly aren't very nice! And Clara really isn't afraid of the Big Bad Wolf! :P

• Sounds like we'll find out what those ways are later. :P I like the origin of her being from Bigby's time with the Commandos; I've thought of trying to reference Frankenstein's head in my own tales, actually.

The killer seems to be ruining Christmas! Yeah she seems to have an iron will when it comes to Bigby but wolves have their ways of making chills run down your spine

• Christmas Challenge

"I don't want them going to the North Pole, Georgie."

Lyla hands Georgie a clean dish, as he wipes it dry with a towel. The kids are upstairs taking turns with either the bath or shower. When the quads were four and Lyla was pregnant with the twins, their once comfortable apartment now had to be put into retirement. Georgie knew there was NO WAY they'd have room. Thankfully, John knew of a place not too far from Fabletown where they could build a home with plenty of bathrooms and space.

Georgie places the clean dish into the cabinet. "Why not, love? They'll have me-"

"They are too little, Georgie. What if something happens?"

"What the bloody 'ell can happen? I'll be there and Gren is showin' us the way."

"Gren?" Lyla grabs another cup and begins scrubbing. "You're going to take GREN with you?"

"He knows the way, love. His brother works there-"

Carla had mentioned a brother working for Santa years ago; Lyla also recalled Robert saying a few words in regards to their younger brother Isaiah working up North. Even though this was the case, Lyla still felt a bit uneasy.

"Do you know how bad the weather can be up there? Junior's immune system is terrible and Penny has a nasty habit of getting too excited and running off-"

Georgie kisses Lyla on the neck. "We got this, love. I promise ya'. And besides-it will be good fa' Katie ta' see it herself. The girl swears he ain't real and it crushes me ta' hear that. I know she ain't a baby but still..."

Lyla could see the anguish in her husband's eyes. There were a few things Georgie was willing to stand by and strictly support; all her life, Lyla knew Georgie had very strong feelings with Santa. She remembered as a little girl his belief in Santa, which allowed her the experience she only had hoped for her own children.

"When did you plan on making this trip to the North?"

"Tomorrow."

Lyla looks into the sink, as the bubbles bounced along the edge of the water. "You're going to need to take RJ. You KNOW that-"

"I'll talk to Robert meself if that's what ya' want."

"RJ will love to go with you."

Georgie grins. "So, ya' gunna let us go?"

"PLEASE watch my babies, Georgie. AND Gren....let's be honest..."

Georgie claps; behind him, Emily, Peter and Penny cheer as they nug Lyla's leg.

"We can go mommy!?"

"Yes baby. You may go to the North Pole!"

"YAY! JUNIOR! KATIE! ETHAN-"

The kids run back upstairs, causing both Lyla and Georgie to giggle.

"Gren still here?"

"Nah, he left ten minutes ago."

"You think they are happy?"

"Think so, love."

Lyla chuckles. "Didn't Jack TRY and steal his list one year?"

"Trust me. We ain't gunna do that."

Lyla embraces Georgie. "I love you, Georgie."

"Love ya' more, baby. I hope this helps Miss Katie..."

"The spirit of the holiday can do wonders on a child, Georgie. She'll get there........"

Katie was not thrilled when she found out her father was taking them all to the North Pole. She was honestly disppointed in her uncle Gren, too; he of all people should have known this was a waste of time. It was wrong to drag them all into the depths of the cold for nothing but heartache. Her siblings were too busy celebrating to notice her absence.

"Stupid..." Katie turned over and covered her face. "They are going to see...he can't be real. Of course I'M real. Mommy and daddy MADE me! I'm not the wind or anything."

She cuddled her Teddy close, as she drifted off to sleep. In the room down the hall, Junior sat upon his bed. Mary tucked the eager boy in, as she continued asking questions.

"Do you think he KNOWS we are coming, Mary?"

"SSHH, Junior...lay down and sleep."

"But do you?"

"I'm sure. He's Santa. He KNOWS these things."

"I hope he can change Katie's mind."

"Well, he'll do his best but Santa can't do it-KATIE has to."

Junior sighs. "I know..."

"There. Now, I gotta get back into the mirror before your dad hears me walking around in here. I hope you have fun, my pudding and pie."

Mary kisses the top of his head. "Me too, Mary. Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams, baby."

Mary steps back into the mirror just as she notices headlights pulling up the driveway. The snow outside falls gently to the ground, as the truck parks. Mary notices Gren step out, as she steps into the glass and disappears into the dark.

Gren takes out a cigarette, just as Georgie joins him. The lights and decorations outside help him walk down the path and towards Gren.

"Ya' know. Grendels do not do very good in fuckin' shit weather like this but the centuries I've been in this shit town, it ain't too bad."

Georgie rubs his hands. "I'm used ta' cold weather like this. Back home, the majority of the time we had rain, fog or clouds. Its the snow that I have a difficult time with."

"Yout want something to help warm you up?"

Gren digs into his pocket and pulls out Flask. He shakes it as Gren hands it over to Georgie.

Georgie grabs it. "The 'ell is this?"

"Eggnog with my 'special' ingredient."

"Rum?"

"Bingo, Porgie."

Georgie screws off the top and takes a drink. He nearly coughs it up, as he hands the Flask back to Gren.

"Fook! That is strong!"

"Your talking to ME, Porgie...so, you ready for tomorrow?"

"I gotta get ahold of Robert-"

"Eh leave that to me. I'll let him know."

Georgie continues to rub his hands. "Ya' think this will work, Gren?"

"We GOT this, Georgie. Don't worry 'bout that. Katie will believe, we will get gifts and it will be the BEST Christmas yet."

"Great great. So....how are we-"

Gren shakes his head. "Leave that to ME."

Georgie nods, as he finishes off his cigarette.

Any questions, let me know.

• Mary was almost too much in this chapter. xD I love what you and Pie have done with her! She brings the comic relief, but you know she could kick some serious ass.

Anyway, Reynard and Adam getting along is surely much better for Therese, given the fact they're trying to rescue her. The scene with them in the hallway was really well written! The comment about the Holiday Inn being closer to the Gate and fully booked makes me suspicious, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Probably nothing, though. Quick question: at roughly what point of Fables does Fairest branch off? I've seen it and thought about buying, but I don't want to get ahead of myself, so to speak.

• edited December 2014

I looked it up, just to be certain: The first Arc (Issues 1-6, Wide Awake) Deals with a situation in the Homelands, and happens directly after issue 107. The second arc is only one issue (7, Lamia) takes place in the 40s with Beauty and Beast (VERY noir feeling, I LOVED that one), My FAVORITE arc is the third arc (8-13, The Hidden Kingdom) Which deals with Rapunzel an entire year before the very first issue of Fables. The fourth arc has to do with Reynard and Princess Alder, it won't spoil anything (That I know of) and it's only one issue (14, Aldered Estates.) The fifth arc (15-20, The Return of Maharaja) Has to do with the Homelands. This is where it starts to get closer to what's currently happening. There's a graphic novel that happens between the fifth arc and the 6th arc and it was FANTASTIC, and it goes VERY closely to the arcs where we are introduced to Brandish. (I think around issues 117+) You should also read the Camelot arc of Fables to understand it more. The sixth arc happens directly after the graphic novel (21-26, Of Men and Mice) and again, this is something you should read while/after you've read Camelot or near that arc. The last story arc (27-32, The Clamour for Glamour) Is another AWESOME arc that goes DIRECTLY along with the last story arc, Happily Ever After of Fables. It deals more first hand with the problems on the Farm instead of the problems between Snow and Rose, however it's good to be reading both at the same time to understand all of it entirely. Usually an issue from on comic answers questions that the other comic poses, so it evens out. I know this sounds VERY complicated, but you'll understand when you start reading them. Fairest is so good, I've loved every issue :) The last one comes out in January, I think it's independent from the last story arc but I could be wrong. Idk. I have to check. But yeah! That's about it, I'll link the wiki HERE and you can check it out in more detail :) Again, I'm sorry for being confusing if I was.

Mary was almost too much in this chapter. xD I love what you and Pie have done with her! She brings the comic relief, but you know she could

• Having read about Bigby and his siblings in the comics I've been curious as to their fate, so it was enjoyable to read your own version of things! And to read about the events leading up to and including events with Draco from Wolven's perspective. :)

MasterStone posted: »

The Story of Wolven, Winter and Norths Honorable Son. On that cold cold day, when Winter gave birth to her seven cubs the night was calm

• Yeah :) Thank you. I try, lol. I usually doubt myself when I think it's going to be a good chapter, and then as I'm about to post it, I'm like "What if it's not as great as I thought it would be?" And it usually is, so yeah.

EMMY please my feelings! The friendship Adam and Reynard is great, especially when they were having that heart to heart and putting everything on the table in the hall. Don't doubt your writing, I think it's great!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.