Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited December 2014

Not sure if this has been posted. But when Lee tells Clem he's bit. If you wait long enough for your next response, Clem'll say "it's like Larry, isn't it?"

EDIT: Non-determinant.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2014

It might also do with the fact that prior to his death, Chuck actually did something worthwhile for the player to remember him by. In his final moments, he saves Clementine and effectively sacrifices himself for the rest of the group. Nick, in his final moments, got shot and grunted, after getting shoved into the background for the majority of episode 3.

Players will remember Chuck saving Clem's life

Players will remember Nick by his inspiring last words, "UNNGH arrgh"

fallandir posted: »

That's why I was intrigued by the amount of criticism towards Nick's death, when a clearly similar situation occurred with Chucks. But it's

• 10 letters.

FTFY.

Clementine = 10 words Illuminati = 10 words CLEMENTINE IS ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

• This continues to be brought up if you decide to shoot Lee

Lee: "...You have to so your safe"

Clem: "Sob It ... it is like Larry huh; I know you did it to protect me"

GiantKiller posted: »

Not sure if this has been posted. But when Lee tells Clem he's bit. If you wait long enough for your next response, Clem'll say "it's like Larry, isn't it?" EDIT: Non-determinant.

• Players will remember Nick by his inspiring last words, "UNNGH arrgh"

No no, it's urgh aaarrgh, not UNNGH arrgh.

Deltino posted: »

It might also do with the fact that prior to his death, Chuck actually did something worthwhile for the player to remember him by. In his fi

• Anyone notice how in the show, in the episode revealing Abraham's backstory ("Self Help"), we learn the names of his family members:

Son: AJ

Daughter: Becca (presumably short for "Rebecca"?)

Wife: Ellen (similar sounding to "Alvin"?)

It's like Abraham was the family member that Rebecca, Alvin, and AJ never knew they had! XD

Alt text

In the comics, according to the wiki, Abraham's son and daughter aren't given names. His ex-wife was "Beth." Probably they changed the name of Abraham's wife so it'd be different from the show Beth, but the names of those kids strike me as more than coincidental.

Lol I'm probably just stretching it here but I thought it was interesting.

• I've noticed it :> Replayed the scene with them 'cause I thought I went nuts. "I hear names".

• It's a lot of that, and also a lot of the fact that after Nick became determinant, we kind of expected further characterization if we saved him. Like... I wouldn't have even been so upset with his death in the fence if there had been another small subplot or otherwise notable event with him during episode 3, but all he did was sleep and talk about Luke.

I get that there isn't always a "reward" for saving someone, but they did the same thing with Sarah. You save her, and nothing else happens. She just dies again later on without anything further. This is very different from what we saw with Doug/Carley and Ben in Season 1. All three of them got a very substantial amount of further development if you chose to save them.

That's why I was intrigued by the amount of criticism towards Nick's death, when a clearly similar situation occurred with Chucks. But it's

• Clementine's dog bite has been bleeding throughout Season 2.

• But they MEANT to be frustrating!

=D

skoothz posted: »

It's a lot of that, and also a lot of the fact that after Nick became determinant, we kind of expected further characterization if we saved

• edited December 2014

Yeah... While Chuck probably has my least favorite death in season one, his exit from the story didn't feel like they were just cutting a major character arc short in the way that they did with Nick and Sarah. (Especially considering their amount of build-up in previous episodes; with multiple choices centered around their potential development...)

It's a lot of that, and also a lot of the fact that after Nick became determinant, we kind of expected further characterization if we saved

• Clementine, an 11 year old girl, was basically stronger then Winston, some old guy. Wich is kinda weird.

• Not really. Winston was just a weak guy who thought Jesus was kidding him.

Clementine, an 11 year old girl, was basically stronger then Winston, some old guy. Wich is kinda weird.

• edited December 2014

Even though Clementine is 8 in Season One, she is still in the first grade.

Edit: Funny how she says first grade is easy, yet she's still in it lmao

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2014

Walter and Larry use the same base facial texture.

Alt text

Alt text

Look closely at their stubble, specifically the white hairs near the chin. Also pay attention to how the rest of the stubble goes along the cheek line.

It's the same base texture, although it obviously isn't easy to tell on first glance due to the differences between the models (Larry's giant ass chin and his exaggerated scowl stretching the texture out)

And to make it clear: I'm specifically talking about the texture. The outlines on the characters' faces are a separate thing

• You can see it in the mustache, too.

Deltino posted: »

Walter and Larry use the same base facial texture. Look closely at their stubble, specifically the white hairs near the chin. Als

• My opinion's different.

I find Nick's and Sarah's deaths realistically well-written.

I liked Nick's sudden, stupid and plaintive death. I liked how they fooled us that it was going to be another Doug/Carley/Ben situation. I liked how miserable it was, and you couldn't help but think it wasn't right and it should've been another solution. I liked how he died as "that stupid kid".

With Sarah, again, I liked how they tricked us and put a gun scene in Ep2, along with the one when she stood up to Carver in E3, all of this just to made us think that she was going to change from a little scared girl to Clementine-like survivor. I liked all the little hints that turned to be compeletly worthless in the face of real and terrible world which either changes people forever or kills them. I saved her from the trailer park, thinking I gave her another chance and I could make it work, but the following scene showed me I was wrong. She was just a little, scared girl who would never be prepared to life in the apocalipse, no matter what happened. Sarah was Clementine Lee had never found.

• Put this under a spoiler because it's long as hell.

Okay, I've noticed a TON of reused outfits, disguised as recolors, so here's the best masterpost I can make. Feel free to add on, because pretty much all of my examples are from 400 Days and Season 2 and I'm sure there's a bunch more that I missed. I'm sure there's examples from Season 2 I missed as well, honestly. There's a LOT of reused content, here. There's also a lot of reused hairs, too, but I'll do that in another post later.

Bonnie in 400 Days wears Carley and Lilly's tops
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

Russell in 400 Days wearing Omid's sweatshirt
    Alt text
    Alt text

Shel in 400 Days wears Molly's jacket
    Alt text
    Alt text

Pregnant Christa and Rebecca share the same outfit/body model
    Alt text
    Alt text

Christa, Michelle, and Shel all wear the hoodie/jeans combo
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

Edith and Johnny wear the same outfit
    Alt text
    Alt text

Winston, Hank, and Mike have the same sweatshirt
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

Natasha and Alvin have the same outfit
    Alt text
    Alt text

Troy, Tyler, and Wyatt have the same jacket
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

Luke, Lowell, and Randy

Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

Tisha and Pete have the same top

Alt text
    Alt text

Tavia and Katjaa have the same jacket
    Alt text
    Alt text

• Tisha and Lilly are just the same model but this feels kinda lazy from TT

• Well, there is no time for mall shopping anymore. Let's steal the outfits from all the walkers. And dye them, maybe.

• Tisha's hair looks like Brie's, actually.

joshua007 posted: »

Tisha and Lilly are just the same model but this feels kinda lazy from TT

• Tavia has the exact same jacket as doug in season 1

Also all those hoodies worn by mike etc match omids hoody too.

To be fair I dont have a major issue with this, there is still a lot of variety and the randoms at howes including 400 days dont matter too much as they are barely onscreen.

• I guess it's just too damn nihilistic for me. Like, the way you explain it does give it valid meaning that I understand, but it's not like Lee's death, where it's frustrating and sad in a way that I can carry with me. Their deaths just don't sit well...

Also I'm still uncomfortable with the implications that the fates that characters with really obvious and noticeable anxiety (i.e. Sarah, Nick, Ben, Lilly) have... You're either a "useless" liability and you die pathetically, or you "snap", hurt people, and then just disappear/also die pathetically. It's a dissatisfying and repetitive theme.

Maybe I just need to go into Season 3 knowing that whatever underdog character I get attached to will probably have a really depressing and unsatisfying ending to their story. Kind of a shame on Telltale's part, though, considering that kind of predictability.

My opinion's different. I find Nick's and Sarah's deaths realistically well-written. I liked Nick's sudden, stupid and plaintive death

• Sarah's second death was just ridiculously unbelievable - it happened through no fault of her own, and through silly cosmic errors (like a plank magically falling on Jane's head or Sarah ending up with rubble on top of her despite falling ABOVE the deck).

Nick's was slightly more believable, although I honestly don't understand what the point of him getting shot was if it's later implied that he got bit by a zombie.

My opinion's different. I find Nick's and Sarah's deaths realistically well-written. I liked Nick's sudden, stupid and plaintive death

• They look really similar, but Tavia's is definitely Katjaa's jacket, not Doug's. I compared the two. And Omid's sweatshirt isn't the same as Mike + co because with Omid you can see the undershirt poking through, as well as his has the sleeves down and theirs all have the sleeves rolled up.

I don't have an issue with it, either. I just find it neat to find them all, honestly.

Tavia has the exact same jacket as doug in season 1 Also all those hoodies worn by mike etc match omids hoody too. To be fair I dont h

• Yeah, it's just the writers being rather out of touch.

It makes Clementine, an extremely precocious and mature girl, seem quite retarded.

Even though Clementine is 8 in Season One, she is still in the first grade. Edit: Funny how she says first grade is easy, yet she's still in it lmao

• edited December 2014

Telltale's writing team: Alright, so for Nick's second death, he's going to get shot in the shoulder in the herd, then Luke's going to turn around and punch him in the face, then he's going to announce to everyone that Carlos told him two days ago he has a malignant tumor, then he's just going to start bleeding out of every orifice on his body for no real reason, THEN he gets bitten by a zombie. Then Clem has to unavoidably bash his brains in three times with a hatchet. We just really need make sure it's clear he's not alive anymore.

Edit: no but yeah wow Sarah's second death was just so damn forced. I don't get why it was so impossible for her to at least live until the shoot-out at the end. Would've been a hell of a less brutal death for the poor kid.

Bokor posted: »

Sarah's second death was just ridiculously unbelievable - it happened through no fault of her own, and through silly cosmic errors (like a p

• edited December 2014

Im saying the colour including the jeans is exactly dougs, its almost of not identical styling to boot. Dougs jacket changes again in ep 3 slightly

They look really similar, but Tavia's is definitely Katjaa's jacket, not Doug's. I compared the two. And Omid's sweatshirt isn't the same as

• I agree, Sarah's second death could be considered ridicoulos, personally I didn't like how casually they led to this either - it served only the purpose to get rid of Sarah, like she was meant to die in the trailer and they had no idea how to continue - it's not like I'm applauding TT's lazyness or negligence, but dealing with all the ubiquitous hate towards Nick's and Sarah's deaths, I wanted to point out that we can find a second meaning to all of this.

I'm saying I liked the realistic and understandable portrayal of situation in which devastated psyche takes over the ability to re-adaptation.

Bokor posted: »

Sarah's second death was just ridiculously unbelievable - it happened through no fault of her own, and through silly cosmic errors (like a p

• I know something similar was mentioned about Bonnie and Luke (Because they had signs behind them saying danger foreshadowing Luke's death and Bonnie's determinate death), but during the campfire scene when you go and try and convince Kenny to rejoin the group there are a lot of signs behind him saying "Danger! High voltage!" Foreshadowing him losing his temper and having a fight with Jane in end.

• edited December 2014

Clearly, everyone went shopping at the same place before the apocalypse.

• You're either a "useless" liability and you die pathetically, or you "snap", hurt people, and then just disappear/also die pathetically. It's a dissatisfying and repetitive theme.

Let's clear it out, I don't consider neither Sarah nor Nick a liablity.

It's all different and not repetive theme. While Lilly had a straight way progressively showing her going forward the breaking point, with signs seen along the way, Ben was a teenage kid, who got thrown into a madness and tried to be tough in front of everybody, simply scared and lost.

You can actually see them changing throughout the story, both changed completely at the end - Lilly almost gone mad, manipulative, determined in anger; Ben's final speech to Kenny, his final explosion of rage and pain.

With Sarah and Nick, you can't change anything. Try if you want, but it won't help. None of this matters, just like that. It was this sudden turn when they die and you realize you couldn't save them, it was never the smallest glimmer of hope.

I guess it's just too damn nihilistic for me. Like, the way you explain it does give it valid meaning that I understand, but it's not like L

• But who wore it better? It's all about being fabulous in the zombie apocalypse.

• Homer is Kenny!
    Alt text

• That's a good catch right there.

Ercajayme posted: »

I know something similar was mentioned about Bonnie and Luke (Because they had signs behind them saying danger foreshadowing Luke's death an

• Why thank you takes a bow

That's a good catch right there.

• Lee, Kenny, Omid, Molly
    Alt text

• edited December 2014

Noah from the show and Arvo have some parallels.

Both teenagers, both attempt to steal from protagonists, and Noah was at one point limping I believe, but I don't think he does anymore.

Just some basic things I noticed, not sure if anybody has pointed this out.

• Wasn't Buricko's coat also a recolor of Clementine's? (I would die for a mod-swap that showed him in Clem's rainbow jacket oh my god)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.