Is Wallace&Gromit worth it?

edited August 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
First of all let me state that i don´t know the Wallace&Gromit Shortflicks at all. Are they necessary to dive into the story?

I played around with "Fright Of The Bumblebees" at a mates house a bit, and while the game wasn´t bad, i found that Episoode not to be very entertaining. It has it´s own humor i guess.

Is W&G designed with a younger audience in mind? Cause i really miss the razor sharp dialog from the Sam&Max Games for example. :) How do the episodes progress?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    stoney1981 wrote: »
    First of all let me state that i don´t know the Wallace&Gromit Shortflicks at all. Are they necessary to dive into the story?

I played around with "Fright Of The Bumblebees" at a mates house a bit, and while the game wasn´t bad, i found that Episoode not to be very entertaining. It has it´s own humor i guess.

Is W&G designed with a younger audience in mind? Cause i really miss the razor sharp dialog from the Sam&Max Games for example. :) How do the episodes progress?

The later episodes are a bit better (in humor and gameplay) than Fright of the Bumblebees, in my opinion. I've never seen the shorts at all, so I can't answer if there's anything to do with them.
  • edited August 2009
    There's no real need to have seen the animated versions to enjoy the games. All the characters except Wallace and Gromit are entirely new, and all you need to know about those two is that Wallace is an inventor and Gromit is his dog. They quite often try different business endeavours that make use of Wallace's (and Gromit's) inventions... but there's usually some fundamental flaw that causes problems. Gromit is definitely the more level headed of the two, but Wallace has a good heart.
  • edited August 2009
    I would recommend playing The Last Resort and Muzzled. The other episodes weren't this entertaining.
  • edited August 2009
    Personally I much preferred Bumblebees to TLR.

The games are all great though IMO, but you should try and watch the shorts and full features. They are great fun and the work that goes into them is incredible.
  • edited August 2009
    The games are all great though IMO, but you should try and watch the shorts and full features. They are great fun and the work that goes into them is incredible.

Agreed. Some of the gags in W&G Grand Adventures reference the films, and you might not get the "full experience" that W&G fans like myself did, but they are still quality adventure games, as you'd expect from Telltale. You do not need to know anything about W&G to play these games.
  • edited August 2009
    I personally think that "The Bogey Man" was the best episode. I mean it was epic. I agree with the most of you though. While Fright of the Bumblebees was one of my first adventure games (yeah I know... I'm a bit behind the times) I can't honestly say it was all that great (it was at the time though), but that was mainly because it was the first episode. Just look at Sam & Max. The first episode was just plain bad if you compare it to the second game (don't even get me started on Abe Lincoln must die... I still don't see why they are giving the best episode away for free). The best advice that I can give you is to look up Quadsux on youtube. Watch the first video of all of his LPs of the games & see if they are right for you.
  • edited August 2009
    I know what you mean-- W&G has a dryer sense of humor. The films are kind of the same way, too, although they vary in how true this is. The games kind of vary in humor, with Bumblebees being the dryest in my opinion. They're enjoyable, good games, but I certainly prefer the sharper, quicker wit of S&M, and MI. *Don't flog me! I know I'm on a W&G forum!*

I think a good way to gauge how much you would like playing this series is to watch the films and decide how much you like them. If you like them, there's a good chance you'll like the games. If not, then there's your answer.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.