Why did you respond to the Crooked Man the way you did? (Warning, may contain spoilers)

edited October 2017 in The Wolf Among Us

Every time I have played through the game- with the exception of one- I killed the Crooked Man at the metalworks. But, even in that one where I didn't I killed him at the well. I saw, though, that most people did not. I'm just wondering as to why. I personally felt that making the town scared of Bigby was the best option, as well, as it best tailored to his personality. Or, at least it has through my play-throughs. Just want to know peoples' thoughts on this.

Comments

• Killing him at the metalworks seems stupid IMO. I did one playthrough, only to see what happens, and it was bad. Bigby already has a reputation for being impulsive and violent - killing the CM with no evidence he did the murders will not help your case.

That being said, if you take him to the Well and when Nerissa comes forth with the "evidence", I see no reason to not throw him down the well or rip his head off. That's just me, but I could see people locking him up because they are nicer guys.

• Well, the way I played it, I kept him the tortured and misunderstood, lone wolf character. I also liked the idea that he has bottled up all of his rage and instinct for I don't know how many centuries and still gets crap from people. So, not killing him right then and there goes against the character I have built up for him. I really like the way the story goes if you kill him much better than bringing him back. Plus, I believed Georgie. But, yeah, I can see where you are coming from and, quite fankly, I'm surprised I don't feel the same way considering that's how I would normally play this type of game. (sorry for the long reply)

Killing him at the metalworks seems stupid IMO. I did one playthrough, only to see what happens, and it was bad. Bigby already has a reputat

• Well, I guess you raise a good point too. It depends on how you "built" your Bigby. If you built your Bigby to not give a fuck about anyone or anything, then killing the CM at the metalworks makes sense. I built mine to respect Snow and her leadership, be nice to Fables who didn't give me a hard time, yet I was harsh to the Fable that did. All of that together sort of led me to take the CM back then when we knew he was guilty, I killed him with no hesitation.

So yeah, I change my original statement: it depends on how you build your Bigby.

sakoch posted: »

Well, the way I played it, I kept him the tortured and misunderstood, lone wolf character. I also liked the idea that he has bottled up all

• edited December 2014

The first time I played I brought him back and let him live because I wanted to show people that Bigby wasn't all that bad :P.

My favorite way to respond to the crooked man though is killing him at the metalworks. The reaction form the townspeople is awesome and I kind of liked acting like a badass and scaring everyone. :D

• It depends on how you want Bigby to be portrayed: Ppl would spare the Crooked Man to show that Bigby has reformed; I personally just throw him down the Witching Well because: Fabletown law states that after a fair trial, if proven guilty, then the suspect is condemned to the Witching Well, the Crooked Man was (sort of) proven guilty by Nerissa so I threw his ass down the Witching Well (on my first playthrough however, I spared him cuz I was playing Bigby as a good guy)

But if you rip his head off, then Bigby is just exerting his own brand of fear on the community by showing what he can do to those under his authority, so in a way he's not reformed himself, he's just showing that he can control his actions to a point...

• Just like the other has said, it depends on how you have built and developed Bigby. When I played the game, I mostly have Bigby being rather calm and collected for the most part. So it made sense that he took Crocked Man back to stand trial.

• Well, it wasn't that he doesn't give a shit, quite the opposite actually. I played it that he is still a wolf and just has a different way of caring. Plus, my Bigby had a temper so he was quick to fight as well.

Well, I guess you raise a good point too. It depends on how you "built" your Bigby. If you built your Bigby to not give a fuck about anyone

• I'm thankful that I chose not to kill him, considering we have no actual evidence that he was responsible for the murders.

• I didn't kill him at the foundry only because Snow asked me not too but I happily killed him at the well

• I never killed him at the metalworks. I was trying to give Bigby that 'I'm trying to change who I used to be' moment in the game.

I did, however, tear his head off at the witching well. Bastard tried to take me with him....after that, I replayed and turned him into a bird and tossed him in the well while alive. For me, my 1st choice was the best (for me) and I'm sticking to it.

• Killed him. If I did things his way I'd be letting him win. I didn't come that far to let a mobster with plastic surgery outsmart me

• Did not kill him.

Then imprisoned him. A fate worse then death I think as his tongue is cut off and he is made a crow.

• edited December 2014

I didn't kill him, Snow wanted me to bring him back alive, and that's what I did. The whole game, we were trying to prove that Bigby is reformed, he's no longer the big bad wolf, he's trying show everyone that he isn't the same person (or wolf) he was before. I gave him the trial, and when we all thought he was proven guilty, that's when I threw him down the Witching Well.

• I thought Imprisoning him was a worse punishment (and it is), Plus Snow wanted him alive so I decided to appeal to her, and prove to the people that Bigby wasn't a cold blooded murderer (Even if they people don't like that choice)

• I threw him down the witching well for all he did then threatening Bigby. So... I also did it because I wanted him dead but not by ripping his head off

• I let him stand for a fair trial and then, because I was doing a good run, I put him in the cage as a crow. But if it weren't for my strict Hero playthrough where I was trying to make the nicest choices, I would've thrown him down that Witching Well.

• The title made me think this was about when you meet him at the end of episode 4, so thanks for that.

Anyway, I agreed to bring him back for the trial and let the timer run out when I had him over the Well. Scared the shit outta me before that point, btw.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.