Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Hell, you can turn this logic on its head and say that Clem will end up alone no matter what - Jane & Kenny are determinant, it's entirely possible for Wellington & Howe's to fall, and this series is built on the (tedious) premise that every safe place will fall eventually.

So I might as well go with the ending where Clem's all alone.

Telltale isnt going to make branching paths, the goal of season was getting to ''wellington'' since Christa and Clem were heading there.

• if you look at your screen in episode 1 to 5, there is a 99% chance that you will see clem

• The auto shop where you find the battery for the boat in Around Every Corner is called Herman's Auto Shop, named after Telltale staff member Nick Herman, who also directed Around Every Corner. He was also the voice of Glenn in the first episode.

• Funny enough, those trees are very pointy.

• Clem ends up wandering alone with a serious arm injury in both Episodes 1 and 5.

The zombies in the blizzard prior to the rest-stop are frozen stiff.

• Clemenati..

Clementine = 10 words Illuminati = 10 words CLEMENTINE IS ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

• Wait....Starved For Help = Pointy Fences

Maybelle confirmed for Season 3.

DoubleJump posted: »

Funny enough, those trees are very pointy.

• edited December 2014

oh logic ftw

for the walking dead plots be like....

Alt text

• Mike may have cut off someone's arm before based on the conversation Reggie and Kenny have in In Harms Way.

• Alt text

Mike may have cut off someone's arm before based on the conversation Reggie and Kenny have in In Harms Way.

• edited December 2014

He just was in an accident bouncing around in the car. Without knowing how long he was out, I would not think he would see danger bending by the body. Probably a nitpick.

....You see a dead cop...With a blood trail leading to him....Wouldn't you be cautious?

• Several lines are said by multiple people in Season 2.

1. "You shut your fucking mouth." is said or can be said by Rebecca (Episode 1), Troy (Episode 3), and Kenny (Episode 5).
    2. "You don't fucking know that." is said or can be said by Carver (Episode 3) and Mike (Episode 5).
    3. "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph." is said or can be said by Pete (Episode 1) and Bonnie (Episode 4).
  • ok newsflash, he cut off reggies arm....

Mike may have cut off someone's arm before based on the conversation Reggie and Kenny have in In Harms Way.

• I know, I'm saying he may have cut off another person's arm before Reggie.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

ok newsflash, he cut off reggies arm....

• When does Bonnie say Jesus, Mary, and Joseph?

Several lines are said by multiple people in Season 2. * "You shut your fucking mouth." is said or can be said by Rebecca (Episode 1),

• If you decide to climb through the ticket booth and after Mike kills the walker, if you let the timer continue running before you pick the next dialogue option, Bonnie will say, "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.

When does Bonnie say Jesus, Mary, and Joseph?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2014

Clementine's 'Hair Thingies' as she calls them, her pigtails holders, were given to her by Lily.

In Around Every Corner, Clementine asks why the walkers can't get in the manor, but they could. Lee tells her that they are a lot smart than the walkers. She then tells that since her hamster learned how to open a door and ate cookies, that a walker could too. She says 'What if they can learn toopen doors.', an allusion to Jurassic Park's velociraptors, since in that movie they could open doors, which TellTale included in JP:TG.

• Yeah Reggie said that Mike cut it off so fast and quick he felt like he had done it before

ok newsflash, he cut off reggies arm....

• Mike is a pretty strong fellow. The 2 big things of water for like over a mile, I think he can cut off skinny ol Reggie's arm

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah Reggie said that Mike cut it off so fast and quick he felt like he had done it before

• edited December 2014

An easy way to determine if you're "good" or "bad": In S1E4, if you slowly walk up to the walker, in Crawford you're "good". If you run up to it, you're "bad". (quotes are for the relativity of both words.)

It is also displayed in Russell's story, slightly. You get the choice of either sneaking, or running up on the old guy, with the gun. Nate says, it's up to Russell. If you sneak up, Nate will disarm him. If you run up, Russell will.

Not really sure what all this means, just found it interesting.

EDIT:"Good or bad", only way I know how to describe it. I like to do 3 files. 1 for, what i'd do, 1 good, 1 evil. The good one, walks up. The evil one, runs up. The what i'd do one, walks up. Even though I killed the St. John's, and left Lilly. So yeah not really sure what to make of this. Threatening Vernon is a big "run up" trigger. Although, if you help kill Larry, kill the St. John's, leave Lilly, leave Duck to turn, and don't threaten Vernon, you'll still run up. Also, if you run up you get the option to say some badass stuff like, "don't fucking move".

• Slowly walk up to which walker?

GiantKiller posted: »

An easy way to determine if you're "good" or "bad": In S1E4, if you slowly walk up to the walker, in Crawford you're "good". If you run up t

• Maybe it depends on your approach to get the medicines from Crawford? You can be diplomatic, stealthy or use force.

An easy way to determine if you're "good" or "bad": In S1E4, if you slowly walk up to the walker, in Crawford you're "good". If you run up t

• The 1st one. The one everyone (in the game) thought was alive.

Slowly walk up to which walker?

• Nah, I always pick "stealthy".

Golthar posted: »

Maybe it depends on your approach to get the medicines from Crawford? You can be diplomatic, stealthy or use force.

• Nate has two unused audio clips where he apologizes to Walt and Jean in a sincere tone, and in a tone that suggested that he was annoyed by this.

In "Starved For Help", Lee has to decide who to give food to. 11% of players choose to feed Lee, the second least out of any character, only before Doug.

One of Lee's lines in "Around Every Corner", "What did you call me?", is a reference to "Back to the Future, which TTG made a game based off of. This happens when Molly calls him a chicken while coming back from the auto shop area.

The ending of "No Time Left" shows Clementine finding a shotgun shell and seeing two people (later revealed to be Omid and Christa) in the distance. This is similar to Lee finding a shotgun shell and seeing someone in the distance (later revealed to be Clementine) at the start of the game in "A New Day".

In 400 Days, there is an Easter Egg found on the notice board in the introduction; a picture of a man who closely resembles that of Walter White from Breaking Bad. The format of the missing poster itself also reflects the work of an episode of the series, in which Walter goes missing and his son creates a "Missing - Have You Seen This Man?" poster with an accompanying photo which matches Walter's physical appearance.

Amid The Ruins is the first episode where no new characters were killed.

When Clementine is fixing Kenny's eye, he will mention how he should have given up if he gets Alvin killed in "A House Divided". If Alvin survived then he will say that she was right to ask for him to surrender and that he should have done something, and that he should have gotten Alvin out of Carver's camp.

If Clementine accepted Jane's nail file in "Amid The Ruins", then Clementine will give it back to Jane when she is making a fire. If you didn't, she will take out the match and make the fire.

'No Going Back' marks the first time Kenny is seen without his hat on.

This is the 'No Going Back' is first episode where all characters who make their debut have a determinant appearance.

When Clementine arrives at Howe's Hardware with Jane and AJ and sees Carver's corpse, Jane says "I don't know how you were able to watch that" and Clementine can respond with "I've seen worse", which might be referring to Larry's death in "Starved For Help", ironically another brutal death caused by Kenny.

• At the electric plant when the group is camping out in "No Going Back" the danger and caution signs over Luke foreshadow his demise the next day along with Bonnie (Determinant).

• God damn it Ben

BlueShadiw posted: »

Yes. The worst part is if I recall correctly it's a gruesome QTE. It also happens if it's only you and Ben, who faints. Lee: My hero -_-

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited January 2015

Lee chokes out the stranger so hard, it actually leaves a very visible hand-print on his neck

• edited January 2015

In All That Remains, while in the bathroom. If you choose not to hide, Rebecca doesn't even go into the bathroom and instead has a conversation with Sarah about towels. Which gives you a different dialogue option when talking to her in the kitchen.

edited January 2015

Someone has definitely mentioned this one before, but there's another way to get Kenny to stop the train. If you choose to fight him, but don't choke him out, it plays out differently.

Since I have never actually seen a video of this outcome, I decided to record and upload one myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO42bGM8I4g

On that note, I've been thinking of going back and recording other hidden-away options like this, ones people generally don't see. Maybe start a little series of these.

edit: Here's three more hidden away scenes from Starved For Help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP6kAA8VYLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOjd5UiNPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h36VNQZ6FGw

• Actually this is all wrong. All you have to do is suggest an attack for Lee to run with his gun up to the ''guard'', otherwise he will sneak with the hatchet.

• Gonna look into it more. Because one time, I had killed the St. Johns, left Lilly, left Duck to turn, and suggested we sneak in, and he still ran up.

I will clarify, with my findings. Gonna take awhile though.

Actually this is all wrong. All you have to do is suggest an attack for Lee to run with his gun up to the ''guard'', otherwise he will sneak with the hatchet.

• nice finds! there still may be more in season 1 for all we know.

Deltino posted: »

Someone has definitely mentioned this one before, but there's another way to get Kenny to stop the train. If you choose to fight him, but do

edited January 2015

Oh believe me, there is

There's stuff I'm still only finding now. That 'supper's ready' one is one I only found like a month ago. I never even knew that was an option until then.

nice finds! there still may be more in season 1 for all we know.

I went ahead and did a couple more of these. These ones are options that you generally don't see anyone pick when they play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7F4q7QAmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC48cLnrooY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxMNn3G8m5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpdGgxHVJG8

• Damn! Just when you think you see everything in S1 a wild carafe appears!

Deltino posted: »

I went ahead and did a couple more of these. These ones are options that you generally don't see anyone pick when they play. https://www.

• edited January 2015

Kenny usually gives nicknames to a lot of people.

Here is some that I remember:

Kenny Jr. - Duck

Lilly - Princess, She-Devil, Hilary Clinton(unused audio)

Clementine - Little Devil

Ben, Arvo - Shitbird

Nick - Vanilla Ice

Alvin - Big Al

And there is probably more

• I am trying to figure out in what episode does Kenny say "Thanks... For not giving up on me just yet" and if someone knows the episode is there certain dialogue choices you have to choose?

• Alvin Junior - AJ

Lee - Urban

Kenny usually gives nicknames to a lot of people. Here is some that I remember: Kenny Jr. - Duck Lilly - Princess, She-Devil, Hilar

• edited January 2015
    The_Dude_94 posted: »

I am trying to figure out in what episode does Kenny say "Thanks... For not giving up on me just yet" and if someone knows the episode is there certain dialogue choices you have to choose?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.