Who was Gregor's sentinal?

Was it ever revealed through a certain dialogue or is it just never revealed, and if it wasn't, why were we never told nor given the option to ask who it was?

Comments

• Hmmm...interesting question. I would say Duncan, but I'm not sure on that one.

• Honestly i'm not sure, but it would have made my choice easier.

• Maybe someone who died at the Red Wedding, I don't know.

• Duncan I think...I mean Gregor did trust Duncan with the North Grove secret.

• I think it might've been some random person who we don't know. Some are saying Duncan, but why wouldn't he use that in his defense against Ser Royland when Ethan was pondering his choice? So yeah, probably some random guy.

• Not sure, but Duncan was castellan, if that means anything.

• If it helps, you can just say that his sentinel was with him at the Twins and died along with him during the Red Wedding.

• Its likely he died at the Twins with Gregor or we would have heard something about him.

• Duncan I think. Maybe someone else, or maybe he didn't need/want a Sentinel. I think the role of Sentinel was required because Ethan was still young and needed someone to guide him.

• It might have been Norren. They seemed fairly close at the party.

• Like the others said, likely a red wedding casualty.

• I was just thinking about this. Thought it might have been duncan so i went back and checked, but it says he is tbe Lords friend znd castellan. No mention of the sentinal at all. But he obviously trusted him. More than his own wife or son. As he told gared to tell no one but Duncan.
    Maybe his sentinal went to war with him?

• It was lord "Another Writer's Lapse".

Damn you, Telltale. Where's the logic?! Ethan has to choose his sentinel (first very important decision) but never says (or asks) who was former one, his father's most trusted man. It's just... Eh. :(

• Yeah, maybe his sentinal went to war with him. Maybe Rodrik was his sentinel. Maybe. :(

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I was just thinking about this. Thought it might have been duncan so i went back and checked, but it says he is tbe Lords friend znd castell

• It is never said, but I'd assume someone who died at the Red Wedding.

If either of the candidates had previously been Sentinel it would have been mentioned as making them qualified to continue serving in that position. Neither candidate mentions that while trying to convince you that they are the better option.

• Ethan would surely knew who his father's sentinel was so he didn't had to ask anybody. I can see no lapse here.

Omid's cat posted: »

It was lord "Another Writer's Lapse". Damn you, Telltale. Where's the logic?! Ethan has to choose his sentinel (first very important decision) but never says (or asks) who was former one, his father's most trusted man. It's just... Eh.

• Part of me think, it was indeed Rodrik. I mean, it does give Rodrik a lot of first hand experience in learning how to lead.

Yeah, maybe his sentinal went to war with him. Maybe Rodrik was his sentinel. Maybe.

• Who is Ethan? We are, the players. Who's making decisions? We, the players. Do we know who was Gregor's sentinel? We don't.
    Lapse.

Ethan would surely knew who his father's sentinel was so he didn't had to ask anybody. I can see no lapse here.

• That's the reason I choose Duncan (even though Ethan didn't know about it)

Duncan I think...I mean Gregor did trust Duncan with the North Grove secret.

• edited January 2015

I'm gonna say Norren. Then again that makes me wonder how Ortengryn got the armband. Maybe he was the Sentinel for Gregor?

• Do you know what Ethan had for dinner? Lapse.

You never know everything about the person you're playing.

Who is Ethan? We are, the players. Who's making decisions? We, the players. Do we know who was Gregor's sentinel? We don't. Lapse.

• You know, maybe they should've said that Ortengryn had been Gregor's sentinel and, because of that, he couldn't be picked for the position again, thus giving a real explanation as to why we couldn't choose him as Ethan's sentinel.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I'm gonna say Norren. Then again that makes me wonder how Ortengryn got the armband. Maybe he was the Sentinel for Gregor?

• I don't care about dinner! Sentinel is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT for House Forrester than Ethan's meal. The knowledge who he was would probably affect our decision.

Do you know what Ethan had for dinner? Lapse. You never know everything about the person you're playing.

• Ryon. He showed some decent fighting skills.

• I actually agree with Omid's cat.

I don't care about dinner! Sentinel is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT for House Forrester than Ethan's meal. The knowledge who he was would probably affect our decision.

• Someone at the red wedding probably. I know it wasn't Duncan. He was a little to excited for the sentiental job to have already had it before.

• It was Rodrik. Norren and Gregor were good, but Norren? He was a good fighter, a loyal knight, but being sentinel needs more than tales at the campfire and mentionable fighting skills. I can't imagine Gregor didn't knew that. Rodrik on the other hand was the heir of the house, a good fighter (like Norren) and old enough to do the job. Maybe his advice wasn't that important but Rodrik being sentinel was an unique chance for Gregor to teach his son. And if Rodrik was the sentinel, it would be an explanation, why nobody mourned for or asked about the dead sentinel after Gareds return.
    It makes a lot of sense to me ...

• I don't think Gregor had a sentinel. The sentinel is always called on when someone of higher power needs some help with leadership. I find Gregor as the responsible type, and only ever consoled with his small council,and his wife when he had an important choice to make that required an over arching opinion on the matter. But that's just my thoughts on a character that's dead.

• But as in the Series (both books and show) a lot of the characters are unreliable narrators; who through their point of view, are not privy to some information, are lying to themselves/dilusional, are biased in how they look at a certain situation, or are just not thinking about what we need them to think about at a given moment.

So, while i wish that it was stated outright by Ethan, or one of his advisors. I think it's a safe bet, that whoever he was went south with his Lord. This may even be part of the reason that Lord Forrester asked Rodrick to stay behind, because his sentinal would be leaving with him. It may just be that Ethan Knows who it is, and what type of man he was. And so he doesn't feel the need to bring it up with anyone.

Who is Ethan? We are, the players. Who's making decisions? We, the players. Do we know who was Gregor's sentinel? We don't. Lapse.

• Considering Gregor elected his Sentinel when he became lord (when he was probably a lot younger), I doubt he chose his son who would have been Ryon's age at best XD

hartey_ posted: »

It was Rodrik. Norren and Gregor were good, but Norren? He was a good fighter, a loyal knight, but being sentinel needs more than tales at t

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Lord Gregor's Sentinel died at the Red Wedding.

• Alright thanks, nice to have some confirmation.

ArthurV posted: »

• I get the logic of his sentinel travelling with him to the Red Wedding however that does not explain how Ortengryn came upon the sentinels gauntlet as Gared is presumed to be the only man to survive the attack and return to Ironrath. Surely the sentinel would have been wearing it at the time. I suppose he could have had another made but there was no mention of this at least not in my playthrough

ArthurV posted: »

• edited January 2015

Maybe they have just more than one gauntlets. I mean it's just a piece of leather and a symbol. Not a magic item.

I get the logic of his sentinel travelling with him to the Red Wedding however that does not explain how Ortengryn came upon the sentinels g

• Why would the sentinel need to carry the thing to war? And as LordBaskerville said they might have many of those back at Ironrath.

I get the logic of his sentinel travelling with him to the Red Wedding however that does not explain how Ortengryn came upon the sentinels g

• I don't think Gregor had a sentinel. I think Ethan was only made to have one because he was much to young to rule the house with out a strong figure to guide him.

• Arthur Von Nagel just confirmed that Gregor's sentinel died at the Red Wedding.

I don't think Gregor had a sentinel. I think Ethan was only made to have one because he was much to young to rule the house with out a strong figure to guide him.

• Where's he confirm that? Link?

Arthur Von Nagel just confirmed that Gregor's sentinel died at the Red Wedding.

• Oh wow, I feel stupid now. Thanks :P

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/89377/who-was-gregor-s-sentinal/p3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.