Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Hahaha! Fantastic as always! Keep up the awesome work ;D

JJwolf posted: »

Jan Challenge Jan 4th, 2:30am Downtown New York ........Because I had to stop FIVE times already........ Robert found a payphone an

• Oh I was talking about looking forward to Georgie; like, who didn't see Pie wanting that. xD Sorry for the confusion.

Huh? See what?

• edited January 2015

Robert agrees. A Burger DID sound good.

What could possibly go wrong......

A lot, Robert. A LOT can happen. lol

Think Harmony is getting so sort of fun out of pissing Gren off. XD I loved this, though; everyone is coming down from their drunken high. I loved this! :D

"STOP! Will you cut it OUT, Gren! If Emily finds out-"

"Emily will be PROUD that I defended my honor and kicked this asshole's fucking ass!"

"This how you want the kids to picture you-a brute!?"

"I'll take my fucking chances here!"

Oh Gren. xD I bet Emily would love to see THAT side of you. She may just take you by the heand, run to the bedroom and-oh, umm.....never mind. xD

Jan Challenge Jan 4th, 2:30am Downtown New York ........Because I had to stop FIVE times already........ Robert found a payphone an

• edited January 2015

I think I get it now. Don't worry! I believe you'll like where I go with it in general, which might technically still be part of your surprise.

EDIT: I was going to have more scenes in the chapter, but I felt like there was enough from where I was going with it. (if that makes any sense) Besides, it usually takes me a long time just to imagine these chapters.

pudding_pie posted: »

Oh I was talking about looking forward to Georgie; like, who didn't see Pie wanting that. xD Sorry for the confusion.

• The shadow dude is another one of my own creations. He's supposed to be my first original villain(?) I'm going to try and include throughout the story.

I'm happy you have some faith in me writing Harmony's character! Like you said before, Harmony used to be childish when she was 'young' - I always figured she'd talk similar to that of Rose. Plus, I don't know if you noticed this, but I plan on making Harm not swear at all. Trying to stay true to your main character, y'know?

EMMYPESS posted: »

Tezoth nodded as he held his weapon out of admiration. "Correct, Rose Bud. Now let's get this over with, so I can have you all to myself lat

• Ooh, I'm loving this so far! That Ink is something I often wished I had when I was younger :3 You could just draw a door on a wall to anywhere. And monsters on the prowl makes for really tense stories - good stuff! Also, I wonder if Ava's preoccupation with who her father is is going to be helpful or a hindrance. Hmm.

Ava peeled her body off of the leather sofa. Her skin was sweaty and hot, which meant that her dreams weren't exactly dreams, but nightmares

• Ooh, mysterious. I like that. :3

Thanks :D I'm already looking forward to see how Gren uses it to his advantage; I'm expecting sarcastic remarks. :P Now you point it out, Robert is acting more cranky than usual (at least he's not quite as cranky as Gren - wouldn't want to annoy two Grendel brothers!). Ah, I can't wait to see that poster! And thanks again for the care. :)

Well, Cats are nature's mysterious characters and you remind me of it. Regardless, its nice to see your face (Err, I mean profile picture at

• Yep, no respect for Tezoth trying to keep the peace. I see how it is, guyz. >:(

• "I'm going to come, whether you two like it or not." She whispered under her breath.

Yep, that's the Harmony we all know and love. :D Really must seem pretty weird to have seen Fayde trying to shoo Jack, only to ask for directions to the Pudding 'N' Pie.

Harmony's smile slowly turned into a frown, as she accidentally swallowed her gum.

Nice extra detail, though it is annoying when you swallow your gum. xD Also, Fayde's a redhead? For some reason I though she was brunette; either way, what her being Irish, she just gets more attractive by the second. ;D

@EMMYPESS Since you didn't respond to my message, I took a shot in the dark with Harmony's character for my story. If you don't like what I'

• Fayde tried to shoo Jack because he was being flirtatiously annoying, and that he tried making a few moves on her. XD

And hell yeah, she's a surefire redhead. :) :)

LupineNoir posted: »

"I'm going to come, whether you two like it or not." She whispered under her breath. Yep, that's the Harmony we all know and love.

• Good Grief! Oh, Mary. I feel sorry for the child she once was, being excluded because she was a Mundy when she had a Folker parent and siblings. The woman she's become now though is something more crooked than even the Crooked Man.

I may have missed something, but when it describes Mary having hair starting to show on her knuckles, does that mean she has a wolf side? Because I can't remember if she was completely a Mundy, or if she just didn't let her wolf side out. Apologies for asking something that I know you've already explained, I've just gotten a bit confused.

Anyway, the race is on! Emily could easily go toe-to-toe with Mary, but if Mary catches her unawares I'm not sure. Peter best get there on time.

"Ethan, sir, you're aunt Mary is here." Ethan, coffee cup in hand, opened the door to his office. Mary, wearing a one piece suit with bla

• Is there a woman Jack hasn't been flirtatiously annoying (good phrase, by the way) with? That Jack! :P

Fayde tried to shoo Jack because he was being flirtatiously annoying, and that he tried making a few moves on her. XD And hell yeah, she's a surefire redhead.

• Mary is half wolf; not as powerful as her sister Lyla or father but enough to know she means business. The only one NOT able to change was Carla. Mary did, like so many others, become consumed with hate and power.

I will eventually return to this section in time; focused on emily right now, seeing as that was a vERY high demand. :P

Good Grief! Oh, Mary. I feel sorry for the child she once was, being excluded because she was a Mundy when she had a Folker parent and sibli

• edited January 2015

Well, I look forward either way; just knowing Viv was mentioned how I have her, that made me smile and my day. :) I look forward to the rest, though.

I think I get it now. Don't worry! I believe you'll like where I go with it in general, which might technically still be part of your surpri

• "That Jack", available every Sunday night at 7 - on the family sitcom channel. And thanks, haha!

Is there a woman Jack hasn't been flirtatiously annoying (good phrase, by the way) with? That Jack! :P

• Alt text

Come home from work and see this colored. Girlfriend had a field day while I was gone. Couldn't get mad. :) Besides, who can resist a pregnant Emily on the floor, eating all that food?

Enjoy :)

When the women arrived to the bridal shop, the parking lot was crowded with cars and other Brides-to-be. Thankfully, Holly made them an appointment; this place was well known for being busy and RARELY did a person get to try on a dress right away.

Mary huffed as she stood outside. Stretching her lower back, she began her usual routine of mocking the other women in line and how she hated this part; Emily could recall Mary being the bride from hell weeks prior to her wedding. That was putting it lightly. When the poor woman assisting Mary accidentall pricked her with a needle, the entire building nearly crashed to ground in shambles. Also, the idea of white. Mary could not STAND white.

Emily, followed by Vivian, walked over the the large glass window. They both glanced at the many dresses, shoes and decorations. In front of Vivian, was a dress with a very long train. She was in love with the design.

"That is beautiful, Emily." Vivian taps the glass. "I'd wear that one if I had a wedding planned."

"Did ya' eva' want ta' get married, Viv?"

"I was at one time back in the Homelands but things just got complicated. It didn't work out how I had planned. Up until I met your father during the Exile, I was alone and rather enjoyed it that way."

"Did ya' eva' want ta' marry me father?"

It didn't take long for Vivian to answer. "No. Not once, Emily, did I want to be Mrs. Georgie Porgie."

"How come?"

"Never felt right. Something inside of here told me no....guess I see why now, sick as it may seem."

Emily continued to scan the store while Holly and Mary attempted to speak to an employee of the store. Emily was content just sitting outside; it was a beautiful morning and the air was not as humid and thick like the previous days.

Vivian looked over at Emily, now rubbing her lower back. "Would you get married, if Grendel asked you?"

"I don't know." Emily swore since she was twelve that she'd never marry. Now, things had changed. "I mean, I neva' really thought TOO much 'bout it and-"

"Well, if you asked you tonight. Just, dropped on one knee and proposed to you, then what? What does Emily Caitylnn Porgie do?"

Emily knew the answer but revealing that to Vivian was something she didn't think would happen so soon. Some things a girl HAS to keep secret but perhaps it was time to let go of such silly nonsense and return to reality; she was not a little girl but a woman and despite how she once felt, Emily could no longer pretend. There was no point. Looking at Vivian, Emily beamed.

"I would, Vivian. I would say yes and-"

It was a good thing no one could see Vivian; the blonde haired woman clapped, squealed with delight and ran circles around Emily three times. Emily remained in her postion. No need to react to something no one else saw. Emily allowed Vivian to celebrate in her own little bubble. If she was pleased about THAT news, than Emily could only imagine how Vivian would react with her surprise. That was not until later tonight.

Emily did not notice Mary casually walking up. She was too consumed in not only her guardian angel's celebration but the thought of herself in a wedding dress. Hair pulled down like Gren liked, straight as a board and drapping over her shoulders. A long, flowing train carpeting the church floor; her father beside her, doing his best not to shed a tear. Gren, standing in the front, astonished by her beauty. Emily pictured Gren in a Tux and it was very appealing to her.

"Yo, preggers!" So much for the vision. "Hey, Holly is ready for you inside. Hurry up so we can measure you."

Emily followed Mary into the store. Perhaps, if all went according to plan, she'd be here one day, too. But for now, she was a Bride's Maid. A very pregnant Bride's Maid.

Gren took the remainder of the day off to grab some food with his brother Robert and nephew RJ; Peter and Ethan were in the area, noticed Gren and joined the Construction worker for a bite to eat. The Smoke Shack, according to Gren, was the place to grab a delicious tasting burger. Peter, however, had a different opinion but he was too famished to fight with Gren. As soon as the three took a seat in the back, RJ and Robert arrived.

"Congragulations on the pregnancy, Gren."

Gren pats his stomach. "Well, I know I've let myself go these past few months but-"

Robert playfully pushes Gren into the seat. The brothers continue to laugh when the waitress arrives to take their orders. Everyone but Ethan orders a double bacon cheeseburger with seasoned fries and a coke. Ethan, trying to watch his weight, orders a Veggie burger and a side of Cole Slaw with lemon water.

"Do you guys do the fried Pickles?" RJ scanned the menu.

"Yes, we do. It comes battered and fried to a golden crisp, lemon wedges and a spicy mayo dip."

"I'll take two orders."

The waitress scribbles down the orders and leaves the booth full of men alone. This gave Robert an opportunity to speak to his brother and allow RJ to be with his family. Peter was busy with work and the preperation of a wedding, Ethan returned from a business trip in Paris and Gren was working long hours with four babies on the way.

"So, Gren. On a serious not now-congragulations on those babies. Four, right?"

"Yes, four little babies. We find out their genders in two days."

"How is Rosie taking it? I know she came by the other day, chatted with RJ and told us she'd seen you, too."

"Rosie is looking forward to being a big sister again."

Robert took his straw and sipped some of his coke. On a warm day like this, the refreashing bubbly soda was wonderful against his throat.

"Carla ain't giving you shit?"

It had been a long time since Gren even heard Carla's name. It made him bitter and full of rage when it was brought up. Since the papers were filed for the divorce, it was hell with her. The kids' biological father did not help his wounds; he felt the need to rub it in Gren's face that NONE of the kids belonged to him and he had NO rights to see them. Although young adults and capable of making their OWN decisions, he made it a point to address this. Rosie was the only one that didn't care too much for her biological father.

Gren played with the scrap of paper from his straw. "I could fucking care less how Carla feels, Robert. It's really none of her damn business."

"Does she KNOW Emily is pregnant?"

"I'm sure she does. Lyla can't keep a secret for too long but I can't blame her. EMILY is pregnant."

The waitress returned with two baskets of piping hot fried pickles. RJ didn't seem to mind the scoulding hot oil; he dove right in, grabbed a pickle, dipped it into the sauce and ate it.

"Those good?" Peter peered into the basket. "I was watching a cooking show the other day and the guy made these."

"Try one." RJ holds the basket up. "If you are not much for that sauce, ketchup is good, too. Or, plain."

Peter took his pickle, dipped it and quickly ate the fried vegetable. To his surprise, the tang along with the batter and spice was delicious and he wanted another. Ethan refused to eat one. He'd enjoy the smell and hear all about it later from Peter. Gren took a few, as did Robert. He, however, could not wait for his burger.

"How is Emily taking the pregnancy?" Robert sips from his coke. "Has it been easy or-"

"My Emily is a trooper and is doing great. She's thrilled....very happy."

RJ looks over at his brothers. "That's a first, huh guys?"

Ethan agrees. "Amelia was always one to look down upon the women who bared children, stayed home and cooked all day. She never wanted to worry about diapers, feedings or the thought of carrying a child for nine months."

Peter nods. "She loved her neices and nephews but its that whole mentality of it-you ain't mine, so when I'm tired of you, your mom and dad can take you away."

Gren chuckles. "Yup. Sounds like my Emily."

Robert grabbed another fried pickle. "Can I ask you something personal, Gren?"

Gren peered up from his cup. "Sure, Robert....what the fuck is it?"

"Doesn't it feel strange, knowing you were around Emily since the day she was born? I mean, you used to bathe her and feed when you'd visit; Rosie and RJ will not only be these babies' brother and sister but cousins, too. Plus, you dated her aunt and-"

Gren shakes his head at Robert. "Nope. Nothing is fucking strange about that."

"How?"

Gren leans forward. "Let me tell YOU something, Robert-Georgie Porgie knew Lyla even BEFORE her conception. After her birth, the guy was around her-he changed Lyla, fed her, bathed her, watched Lyla grow up. THAT'S who he was meant to be with in the end. It's not like Georgie WANTED Lyla when she was six. His feelings didn't develop until her fifteenth birthday."

"True." Robert had completly forgotten about Georgie and Lyla. "That is true..."

"The same goes for me and Emily. We already HAD a special bond; I just assumed she preferred me and I was closer to her than any of the other kids. It wasn't until she turned eighteen that something was different and I looked at Emily in a way I never did before. As far as Rosie and RJ go, I can't speak for them; Rosie seems fine and could fucking care less about it all."

RJ raises his hand, mouth covered in sauce. "I don't care. I love those babies."

Gren smiles. "See?"

"What about Georgie, huh?"

"Georgie is thrilled actually. Can't wait to see these babies."

Robert looks over at both Peter and Ethan. "And, you two are fine with this?"

Ethan and Peter nod simultaneously. "Emily is the happiest we've seen in YEARS. Gren, too. Those babies will be surronded by love and spoiled rotten by all their family members."

Robert could not help but agree with them. "Well said, boys."

Gren was troubled by Robert's questions. "You'll be around...right Robert?"

The waitress, pushing the cart with their food, arrived. Gren watched Robert grab his plate, place a napkin on his lap and smile.

"I may be slow at time but not stupid, Gren. I wouldn't miss my neices and nephews. Uncle Robert ain't going nowhere."

Gren and Robert quickly shoke hands. This answered the question Gren had lingering in his mind for awhile now. He and Robert had their difference and years where they went without speaking; those were difficult and the time Gren got into the most trouble. Robert was that little voice that told Gren no. He was pleased to know his brother was not going anywhere.

Eating their food, the men became silent. Gren couldn't wait to tell Emily.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 Time for a shower the heading to the teaching job. At least I'm off from the night shift for the next two nights. :)

• Gren started it. -points- And perhaps Harmony...xD Okay....all of these drunk assholes. lol

Yep, no respect for Tezoth trying to keep the peace. I see how it is, guyz. >:(

• That picture is to die for. <3 :3 I love Emily so much and the idea of her becoming a mommy to four adorable babies! :D :D :D :D I can't wait to see what they are!!

Anyways, that is an interesting fact in regards to Emily's decision to get married or not; I know you've mentioned in past stories that she had no interest of being a mother or tied down to ONE person, if that.

"Well, if you asked you tonight. Just, dropped on one knee and proposed to you, then what? What does Emily Caitylnn Porgie do?"

:0

"I would, Vivian. I would say yes and-"

-Fangirls like Viv did- OH YAY! I'm so pleased to hear this! Are we to expect wedding bells, too? Also, the idea of Mary being the bride from hell and-wait...umm....she is....never mind. xD That part made me laugh. So, does Peter KNOW Holly is pregnant or is she waiting to tell him?

That was cute having all the boys together. Them and their burgers. XD And Robert's concern can be understandable; at first, I was bit peeved off that he would even think that way or question his brother's love. I'm glad Gren brought up Lyla and Georgie and allowed the kids to speak their mind. Rosie and RJ are so cute, as is Peter and Ethan (with his weight watching) xD

I loved this and can't wait for more. When you DO get the chance, call me; I texted you earlier but I think you're in the shower. :3

Come home from work and see this colored. Girlfriend had a field day while I was gone. Couldn't get mad. Besides, who can resist a pregnant

• Emily lol.

Come home from work and see this colored. Girlfriend had a field day while I was gone. Couldn't get mad. Besides, who can resist a pregnant

• edited January 2015

Daren's Bad Juju, Execute

And so my Spy themed story continues..

Alt text Alt text

Daren come in, I've located the merchandise. Daren come in. Daren? Daren are you there? These words echoed through the comm in his left ear. He then continues his conversation with Yony while Cindy tries to find a way to free the captured girls.
    "I'm sorry young man, I didn't quite catch that. Who is it that you said you were?" Yony asking again continuing to smoke his cigar.

"My name is Daren, the husband of a woman you took hostage when she first arrived in this world. And if you can tell from the look I have on my face, I'm quite pissed."

"And I assume you want blood for locking up your poor ole bitch. I assume you want to kill me?" Yony as he grins while taking another puff of his cigar."

Daren drops his cigar and tells Cindy through his comm that he'll take care of Yony for good while she free the girls. He then crushes the comm in his hands and begins to show his werecat features.

"Who was that you were taking too?" Yony asked in a concerning way.

"Unfortunately for you Yony, you will never find out because you'll be dead. A bloody lump of nothing that is no better than flies hovering around shit.."

Yony puts his cigar out and tells his henchmen to clear out the club while he orders his other to find Cindy. As the club begins to clear out the music begins to stop but the neon lights are still flashing. Empty like the soul of Yony Daren thought to himself and as he turns towards Yony he fired at by the henchmen.

"What's the matter? The big bad werecat scared of Mundy firearms? Ahahahaha." Yony laughing as the bullets fire at the cover where Daren is hiding behind. Daren begins to transform into his full form and begins tearing shit apart.

Elsewhere, Cindy begins to open the cages that the girls are being held in. On the girls asked her if she was taking them away from this terrible place. Cindy nodded and the young girl hugged her for comforted, she was only about 11 or 12 years of age. Then after 10 minutes of cage opening all the girls were freed. Now it was time to escape.

"Alright, I think that is the last of them. Daren? Daren come in. Daren?! Damn he went on without me, if only he held on for a little longer."

Suddenly the door to the chamber begins to open. Cindy told the girls to take cover and she begin to mix a bunch of chemicals together to create some kind of explosion. And so it did.

Soon as the henchmen breach the room, the first they looked at was Cindy he blew them a kiss and tossed a lit match at the chemicals then everything went boom.

"Ok girls this way! Move, move!" Cindy managed to lead the girls out of the chamber but they weren't in the clear just yet..

“Got anymore henchmen for me to Yony? If not, can I proceed to ripping you in half?” Daren as he tosses one of the corpses of the henchmen.

“Vicious you are, young man. I can see where you get all the power from. You are not like the Fables that I ‘take in for care’.“ Yony showing interest in Daren savagery.

“Take in for care? Why does that sound familiar? Anyone, it is time to finish this Yony, embrace your inevitable defeat.” Daren as he begins to approach. Then suddenly, the ground beneath Daren begins to shake. Yony drops his cigar and reveal his true form that was being hidden by glamour. He is some kind of witch doctor and he begins to alter the building into some kind of arena…

“Sex trafficking, extortion, money laundering, and black market manipulator wasn’t the only things I did for a living!” Yony as he leaps into the arena and faces Daren.

“And what is the other thing Yony?!” Daren preparing to strike.

Then Yony reanimates the dead corpses of his henchmen with his magic and grins at grin Daren while saying “Ringmaster…”

To be continued

• Joy

The next day....

"I don't care you're staying inside the woodlands today!" Bigby growled

"Alright..." Makoto said giving in

"Look I just need to know you'll be safe and I know you will here." Bigby said.

"Yeah, I understand Bigby it's alright" Makoto said

Bigby nodded walking away. Makoto went to talk with Snow for a bit when Dewitt and his cousin came in.

"Ah I see you are in for your check up?" Snow asked

"Yeah I've been a good girl this month!" The little girl said excitedly with a big smile

"Is that so?" Snow said looking at Dewitt

"Yeah, she hasn't eaten any live humans or animals." Dewitt said

"That's great news, doing that when you're a vampire must be rough but it has to be done." Snow said

"What?" Makoto asked

"Dewitt here couldn't accept the girl being killed so he turned her into a vampire. I have him teaching her not to feast on anything alive and not well 'normal' food." Snow said

"I didn't have a choice..." Dewitt said

Makoto understood what he meant, sometimes you really don't have a choice in the matter.

"Hey how about we go out and get an ice cream to celebrate?" Makoto suggested "My step mom would take me to get some when I did good things." He smiled

"Yeah! Dewitt can we pleeeaaase?" She begged

"Alright fine we can do that." Dewitt said

With that Makoto, Dewitt, Snow and the little girl went out to get ice cream. They ordered and sat at a table.

"So mister what's your name?" The girl asked

"I'm Makoto." He answered "and you are?" He asked

"I'm Mary!" The girl smiled

"It's nice to meet you Mary." Makoto smiled

"Where's her parents?" Makoto asked

"Uh that's a touchy subject." Dewitt said

Mary looked confused "No its not liar. You accidently killed them when my parents came to get you." She said

"Okay that's enough you can tell him later Mary" Dewitt said

There was an awkward moment in the air....

"Mary why don't you go tell Makoto about your parents and Dewitt and I will talk." Snow said

"Okay." Mary said while Makoto who was confused went with the flow and followed Mary.

"Where was I?" Mary looked puzzled

"I know how it feels to lose both your parents." Makoto said

"You do?" She asked

"Yeah my father died when I was born and my step mom who I considered to be my mother was murdered yesterday."

"Aw I'm sorry, Dewitt woke up and was very mad and killed both of my parents when they woke him up." Mary said

"That's rough..." Makoto said

"Yeah I was sad but Dewitt said apologized and I forgave him." Mary said

"That must've been hard for you to do." Makoto said

"No Dewitt didn't mean it. He had no control over it." Mary said

Makoto nodded and Snow and Dewitt came by.

"Hey its getting dark, we should head back." Dewitt said

"Yeah Bigby isn't going to be happy that I let you out of the woodlands." Snow said

Makoto nodded and before he left Mary gave him a hug.

"I'll see you later Makoto!" She smiled

"Sounds good!" Makoto smiled

"Hey thanks man I appreciate it. I haven't seen her smile like that in a while" Dewitt said "You're welcome to visit anytime you want."

"I'll come visit sometime then." Makoto shook Dewitts hand.

After that they went their separate ways.

WhIle Makoto and Snow were walking to the woodlands Makoto noticed that girl again but ignored her and kept walking.

That night...

Makoto woke up in the Velvet Room where Igor and another woman sat.

"I see things are starting to pick up around in your world." Igor said "Your adventure is about to begin where you will face many trials and conflicts."

Makoto looked confused, he could not say anything because he couldn't speak.

"Come sometime this month you will awaken your power and they will put you in the book of fables." The woman said.

"Now we must send you back before time goes by too long." Igor said snapping his fingers. Makoto blacked out.

The next morning Makoto woke up to police sirens going off in town....

That's it! Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Very interesting! I like the amount of detail that is in this! Nick is pretty awesome, and so is Mary and Lyra! Can't wait for the next one! :)

HazzatheMan posted: »

So I finally got off my fat lazy ass and did some more writing :P This story is looking to be a long one, but I like long stories so this sh

• That's perfectly fine :) She didn't start fully 'swearing' until she started to mature more.

The shadow dude is another one of my own creations. He's supposed to be my first original villain(?) I'm going to try and include throughout

• Ahha, I got a bit muddled there! And we are all a bunch of romantics. ^_^

Mary is half wolf; not as powerful as her sister Lyla or father but enough to know she means business. The only one NOT able to change was C

• "Yes, you're just hearing voices, Fayde. Clearly, you are a grade-A, one hundred percent, crazy cuckoo bananas person. Yes, you are!"

Bone fide mental health term, that is. ;D Anyway, what in the name of Bigby Wolf is going on?! Seriously, Fayde has some dark history. Family slain in front of her eyes, and this shadow... person? Thing? I think it possesses her, but how do you possess a ghost? Many questions, but Harmony to the rescue - with some help from Vivian! - was just the right ending! Not least for our dear Tez and Rose. :)

@pudding_pie Your surprise awaits you in this chapter of mine, let me know if you like it! Chapter 6: Heartbreak "Here it is, the Pudd

• edited January 2015

He's just that powerful, I suppose! And being in her 'human' form probably made it all the more easier to possess her.

"Yes, you're just hearing voices, Fayde. Clearly, you are a grade-A, one hundred percent, crazy cuckoo bananas person. Yes, you are!"

• (?) The Fables Writing Crew will remember that.

Gren started it. -points- And perhaps Harmony...xD Okay....all of these drunk assholes. lol

• Alt text

VERY quick sketch while at work.

Enjoy :)

Emily sat back and looked at the various dresses on display. Holly was being measured and Mary was too busy glancing at customers from a distance. Why, Emily had no idea. She fingered through the many varieties of designs; some had lace, beads, silk and even plain. The veils were the most eye catching to Emily. She took one and tucked it into her hair.

"Here." She hands Vivian her Bowler hat. "Hold this bloody thing fa' me."

With pleasure, Vivian did so. Not saying a word and only the noises of the woman and city, Emily carefully tucked the veil into her hair and drapped the sheer lace over her face. She glared into the three large windows before her. No one could see but Vivian was in tears.

"Oh my Emily." She covers half her face with the hat. "You're so beautiful...."

Emily felt out of place. Stranded on a strange planet. But there was a piece, somewhere deep inside, that said this was right. Emily glanced deeper into the mirror; she tugged, adjusted and examined closer to the veil and how it felt on her head. Suddenly, the vision of her wedding day shimmered into the glass once more. It was as if the event was taking place. Emily could smell her father's colonge, as he walked her down the aisle. The many delightful faces in the pew, watching the Bride head into her new future. And Gren. Her precious, adoring and understanding Gren.

"It is something, ain't it Viv?"

Vivian was stunned by Emily. For once, the blonde woman in the purple dress was lost for words and had nothing more to say. Emily removed the veil and peered deeper into the glass. The vision was gone; they were once more in the Bridal store, surrounded by anxious Brides-to-be and her formal fiting to be a part of Holly's wedding.

"EMILY!" Mary's voice trailed in the tiny space. "Emily, damnit! Where are you!?"

"Ova' 'ere, Mary and quit ya' bloody belly achin'!"

"Hey there you are." Mary walks through many dresses on display. "They are ready for YOU over at the fiting rooms."

Vivian huffs. She never quite understood Emily's need to be friendly with the once mirror hopper. Sure she was the wife to Georgie Junior and the mother to his children but that didn't mean she could do as she pleased. She didn't have much to say, as she followed Emily to the fiting room.

"I hate her so much. The fuck you feel the need to be 'friendly' with her, I'll never know."

"She ain't THAT bad, Viv. Besides, I can get away with a lot since she began banging me brother."

Vivian glares. "You're sick, Emily."

Mary looks back. "The hell you talking to, Porgie?"

"Nothin' no one." Shit. "Just admirin' these dresses and-"

"I can't see YOU in one of these but than again, couldn't picture you pregnant...."

Emily ignores Mary's ranting. As did Vivian. Both knew there was no point fighting with Mary. They'd never win. A young woman wearing a white blouse, black pencil shirt and black heels smiled when she noticed Emily.

"Oh and how far along are we, dear?"

"Three months, ma'am."

The lady steps in front of Emily. "May I? I LOVE babies!"

"Sure..."

While the woman rubbed Emily's belly, Holly grabbed her purse and sat beside Mary. She beamed when Emily looked over and gave her a crooked smile.

"Well, being as it may, you SHOULD have given birth before the wedding, correct?"

"Yes considering the wedding is a month afta' their due date and unless these little buggas decide ta' stay in 'there fa' that long-"

The lady smiles. "Well, we will go up two dresses and go from there. There are two in there already picked out for you."

Emily enters the dressing room. It was a tiny four walled area with a thick white curtain to sheild her bare body from the rest of the world. A picture of a bride and groom was mounted on the wall behind her. Emily looked at the two dresses picked out for her. Hideous. Just hideous. Even Vivian was lost for words.

"Huh...interesting color choices Holly has."

"Pink." Emily had her limits. "Bloody muthafuckin' titty pink dresses. PINK..."

Vivan held a dress up. "Well, it's not THAT bad, Emily. I mean....against your skin tone and eyes, it does not look-"

"Stop tryin' ta' make this situation betta', Viv. Help me button this dress up."

Vivian took the time to button up Emily. Looking in the mirror, she looked like the Barbie dolls her sister Katie used to play with. She would need a bigger dress size. Emily was cursed with the Smith gene; all the Smith women were built the same way: ample bosoms, average middle and a substantial bottom. She may have LOOKED like her father but the body belong to her mother. The pregnancy made it difficult to wear the dress but the breasts and bottom was not helping, either.

Emily stepped out to show off the dress. Holly was pleased and adored Emily in the cotton candy pink dress. Mary had to turn her head; she had not seen Emily in ANYTHING pink since she was a newborn. The woman retrurned with a measuring tape and wrapped it around her midriff and breasts. She wrote down the numbers and continued on until she finished with the arms.

"How does it feel, sweetie? Do we need to go bigger?"

"A LOT bigga', please." Emily looks at the others. "I'd hate ta' be walkin' down and me damn boobs pop out like Jack-in-the-Boxes. Not gunna be good...."

Holly agrees. "I see what she means, Missy, if you could make this a bit larger and possibly cover MORE."

"I can do that!" Missy writes the information down. "And the stomach area is fine?"

"I'll have given birth. I ain't too worried 'bout that-need ta' keep the girls in place."

After some more careful evaluation and measurements, Emily returned to her normal self: Black tee, jeans and her Chucks. Oh how it felt marvelous to walk out of the Bridal store wearing her usual clothes. Maybe if she DID get married, Gren would allow Emily to wear whatever she pleased. Maybe.

"I'm so fucking hungry!" Mary slams the door and buckles herself in. "You girls in the mood for some food?"

Holly adjusts her mirrors. "Hm. Chinese sounds good. We have a Panda Express just-"

"YEAH!" Mary turns to look at Emily. "How 'bout it, preggers? Do the little Grendel babies want Chinese?"

Pork Chow Mein DID sound good. "Sure, let's go."

Holly stepped on the pedal and drove down the road, Mary continuing the drum solo.

Emily returned to the apartment and found Gren. She was pleasently surprised to see him. Gren rushed over to Emily, grabbed her by the hips and passionatly kissed her.

"Woot are ya' doin' home, love? Ain't ya' got work-"

"Talked to Tony. Gave me three extra days off to be with you. He sent you a little gift, too. Not much he said but its still something."

Emily takes the bag and opens it. Inside are four little beanies; all neutral colors and beautifully knitted and topped with a fluffy top.

"These are cute, Gren." Emily hugs Gren and plants a kiss on the cheek. "Tell Tony thank you fa' me."

"I will, babe." Gren kneels down and kisses her belly. "My little Jelly beans are getting so big."

"Almost time, love. Soon we'll know-"

"I don't care WHAT they are, Emily..."

"Neitha' do I, love."

Gren stands up, guides Emily to the couch and begins to rub her feet. "So, how did it go today?"

Emily throws her hands up. "God, that dress! I love Holly but damn-PINK!"

Gren shudders. "Even I KNOW better than that. Pink?"

"Yes."

"WHY?!"

"Ain't me wedding. I don't fookin' know, love."

Gren leans over and grabs several strands of Emily's hair. "You left it down again..."

"Yeah. I know ya' like it. Ain't too bad."

Gren beams. "I do love it, Ems. You're so beautiful."

Gren and Emily remain silent; he continues to rub her feet, Emily closes her eyes for a brief nap and Vivian, holding the four beanies, sits in the bedroom. She smiles knowing that her Emily was going to be a mother to four little ones.

But first, they needed a bigger home. And soon.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3

• Is THAT Emily?! Wow...she is beautiful with her hair down! I mean, she's gorgeous no matter what but damn. Beautiful, Emily. :3

Anyways, I loved this chapter. The section with Emily tryin on the veil. I thought that was avery touching scene; it appears to me, from reading this and the past stories with Emily, she tries too hard to hide her true feelings and intentions. Kind of like what Georgie did and it must have been something she learned as a small child; Georgie must have been the father to hide his feelings and go in the room to cry, scream, hit, etc when no one was home. Emily seems like she WANTS to get married....but with Ems, who knows.

Mary screaming in the store, looking for Emily. Classic Mary. Also, this:

"I hate her so much. The fuck you feel the need to be 'friendly' with her, I'll never know."

"She ain't THAT bad, Viv. Besides, I can get away with a lot since she began banging me brother."

This all right here. This made me laugh so hard! XD XD

Also, the description of the 'Smith' gene: so many men are picturing it (although you've had PLNETY to show) and thinking 'Yes....all this.' Emily, like her mother and sisters, are very beautiful women. It would be wise to cover the twins, though; don't think Peter, the family or that poor priest wishes to see Emily's, um, assets during the ceremony. Gren yes...but no one else. XD

Gren and Emily are just too damn cute. They remind me so much of Lyla and Georgie. :3 Rubbing her feet. <3 Good boy, Gren. :) I adore them, can't wait for the babies and Vivian. :) I do have a question: WILL Emily tell Gren about Vivian or will that remain a secret? And yes....Emily in pink. xD

VERY quick sketch while at work. Enjoy Emily sat back and looked at the various dresses on display. Holly was being measured and Ma

• Jan challenge

Jan 4th, 3:30am

...Because I'm going to lose it in about ten seconds...

Tez, Weasel, Harmony and Draco sat on a nearby bench, finishing off their remaining bites of food. Lyla sat beside Gren and did her best to keep the beast quiet and under control. If anyone was willing to keep Gren down it was Lyla; she had the same attitude and ability to calmly speak and restrain Gren when he was fit to be tied. Emily did the same exact thing. Gren, however, continued to eye the others.

"Gren." Lyla snaps her fingers. "Come back. Stay focused."

Exiting a restaurant, Robert rubs his neck and sits between the two groups formed at the base of 34th street.

"Well-" Lyla looks over at Robert. "Did you get ahold of the con-"

"The party is STILL going on right now."

"Perfect." Tez stands up, adjusts his jacket and toses the trash away. "We can catch a cab or bus and head back and see JUST how we all got here. Rose still there, too?"

"I'm assuming, it is her party."

"Do you know if my Timothy is there, too?" Harmony had the apperance like she'd been crying. "I just want to make sure he's alright."

Robert sighed. The concerned look on all their faces. Draco avoided any eye contact with the Grendel. Robert noticed his glamour was beginning to fade away; the left side of his arms was developing scales and the pupils in his eyes were changing. Sheap glamour, he thought. Great. And them downtown.

"I didn't ask, Harm but I'm sure he's there."

Lyla chuckles. "I better find mine still there but he's been known to stray away from the flock."

Robert rubbed the base of his head once more. Although he was in the stages of being technically 'hungover' and his ability to think was clearing up, he wanted to get back and safe in the arms of his bed.

"We beter get going, guys. We'll take the bus."

"How?" Gren stood up and kicked his cup over. "We ain't got no cash, dipshit!"

"We can ask for some and-"

Gren glares at Harmony. "Maybe we can sell your phone for some cash. Give it."

Harmony hides behind Robert. "No! Leave my phone alone, Gren! You've done enough!"

"OH shut the fuck up Harmony and-"

Robert pushes Gren to the ground. He lands in a massive puddle with a mixture of cigarette butts, oil and water. Drenched in the sewage, Gren looks over, stands up and walks back to Lyla's side. He grumbles, leans against a dumpster and waits. Robert had taken the role of Leader and Gren knew better than to challenge that. Let him lead his drunk people back to the promise land of ballons, cake and a never ending part hosted by Rose Red and her beloved sidekick, Tez.

Robert takes Harmony and leads the trembling woman on. Tez shakes his head and scans the area. "Grendel REALLY needs to watch his temper."

Robert sighs. "You ain't telling me something I don't already know."

Weasel, tugging at Robert's pant leg, points over to Draco. "Um, pardon me Mr. Robert but it seems Draco is turning back into his original form and I do not think the mudies will appreciate the majestic beauty of a towering Dragon."

Smoke pours from Draco's nostrils. "Hey, maybe that's how we can get home-let me change."

"It's against the rules." Together, Tez and Harmony speak. "They'll take you to the Farm and lock you away forever."

Draco flicks the cigarette butt. "Risk I'm willing to take right now-"

"No one is changing and NO ONE is going to the Farm. Let's just hurry, find some change and get going to the Convention Center."

"And how, oh wonderful Leader Robert, do you PLAN on getting this money?"

Robert scratches his chin. He scans around and notices a man with brightly colored blue hair in the streets. He holds a boombox as if he time traveled from the eighties. In his other hand, he holds a leash with a German Shepard attatched. Robert smiles.

"Be back. Stay here."

The other Fables watched as te towering robert chased the young kid down. Gren rolled his eyes. This would never work, whatever he had planned. Harmony picked Weasel up and allowed the tiny creature to climb to safety around her neck. Lyla, arms folded and hip cocked, watched as Robert attempted to bring this poor strange over here.

Gren laughs. "He might think one of two things: Robert is on drugs or he's going to be raped by Robert."

"Gren, shut up please." Lyla kicks his leg. "You really need to learn how to shut up."

Before Gren could say anything, Robert returns with the boy.

"Okay, this kid right here will let us use the boombox. What did you say your name was again?"

"Makato. Pleasure to meet you folks. I was actually heading back from another party. Didn't go to Rose's party-too much for me."

"He's going to let us use his boombox to get some cash."

"How?" Weasel glances at the three men. "What possible way can seven Fables do with a rather obscure looking object to obtain money?"

"You'll see." Lyla didn't like that 'look.' "You'll see."

"I like big butts and can not lie, you other brothers can't deny and when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get sprung-"

Robert had seen some strange and unusual things in his life but nothing would ever prepare him for what was dancing before him. He made Gren the honorary dancer of the evening to get the cash they needed; Makato thought the group was rather adventurous and still had a good time, despite their current state. Tez had nothing to say; served the Grendel right for tossing Harmony's phone and being his usual dick self. Harmony and Lyla were ammused; they had seen him do some random things when drunk but this took the cake.

"REALLY push that ass out there, bro." Robert, standing to the side, laughed hysetrically. "Remember. Listen to the words."

Gren was going to get Robert later. He would return the 'favor' but right now, his main concern was getting home to Emily. They had collected close to fifteen dollars in the top hat Lyla woke up with. Gren popped back and danced like the women in Sir-Mix-Alot's video; he tried to visually picture himself in the musc video, daning along side the other girls. By now, people gathered to observe the dancing drunk fool.

Robert was pleased to see more money being tossed into the hat. When the music ended, Robert collected the hat and the others followed.

"We have enough to get back. You did good, Gren. You did good."

Gren did nothing; the movement made his very nauseas and he needed to sit. And sleep. Sit and sleep.

Tez, Harmony, Lyla, Draco, Robert and Gren, followed by Makato and his boombox, entered the bus and took their seats. Robert held onto his brother, while the others leaned back. The bus ride was silent. No one knew what to say. All they wanted to do was return.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Any questions or comments, you know what to do!! :D

• 'Take the vents they said...' he thought angrily. 'Scarlett will never see you coming they said.'

Haha, I like that sort of a line. xD Oh, how Scarlett and Lyall are always at each other's throats! In a different reality they'd surely be very good friends. Probably.

After the incident of Bradwr getting food stains all over the paper work, Mouse only having a carrot stick is probably best for everyone.

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Next part of Cat and Mouse, enjoy. Chapter Three The hunt "Shit!" Lyall swore, quickly crawling through the air vents, the occasion

• Well, Mary ain't exactly a bashful one, what with her discussing her parents like that. Otherwise, Makoto can look forward to being put in the book of Fables, right? Because the Velvet Room, with Igor and 'another woman' seems rather sinister.

Tetra posted: »

Joy The next day.... "I don't care you're staying inside the woodlands today!" Bigby growled "Alright..." Makoto said giving in

• Oh boy! Yesterday I was busy >.< I had my NHS Induction Ceremony....THAT was interesting. I had a ton of family there, which was nice :) Hanging out with my bestie tomorrow, she was invited to a B-day party that she didn't want to go to so she used me as an excuse XD It was perfect.

Mary's nose was still bleeding on the other side of the glass. She used her arm to wipe it away, cursing silently at the headache she'd had.

She knew exactly where she was. She knew why she was there, and she knew how to stop it all. She forced a block on the mirrors, to prevent any of her children from going in them. It was a rather easy thing to do, but it did drain her energy a bit. She shook the shock from her head. He had summoned her there.

How could she be so foolish?

He never died. With her jewelry box clutched between her fingers, she was ready. She would fight him with the necklace that was given to her all those years ago. That horrid necklace. She wouldn't open the box until she absolutely needed to.

The Castle looked the same. Her gut wrenched at it's massive sight, her memories drifting back to each and every painful day and night that was spent there, with all of her siblings.

And now Ava was stuck in there. She knew it right of the bat. As soon as she'd felt his presence, it was obvious that Ava hadn't run away like her mother and close friends thought. She was kidnapped, by the worst possible person on the face of the earth.

Her shoes crunched over the gravel. He knew she was there too, no doubt. Whether she was welcome or not, well, that was a mystery. She could imagine him 'forgiving' her as she walked through the gates. Just to abuse her more. His favorite daughter, he would call her.

She shuddered. She placed her hand over the wooden doors that did more warding off than welcoming. She could feel the evil pouring out of the cracks in the bricks, through the rays of light that emanated through the windows. It was well past her children's bedtimes at the moment.

One, two, three knocks. The door had recognized her as part of Charles' lineage. It would always open for her, no matter what happened. No matter how many locks were bestowed upon it. She entered the castle.

Bellatrix lead Ava into the brightly lit halls. It was still night out. The curtains were drawn back now, though. Stars glittered through the window panes, giving Ava a pang of homesickness. She remembered the countless times at night that she would sneak onto the roof and look up. Most nights, she saw nothing but blackness, but on rare occasion, when the city seemed to dim down some, she could make out the faint dots that hovered above her tiny, insignificant head.

These stars were so much brighter, so much bigger in the night sky. And the moon. It was like a silver platter in the sky, so big and bright and round. She smiled, but only briefly.

"You'll enjoy the ball," Bellatrix stated. "It'll be grand. Tons of guests-"

"Bella," Ava almost whispered. "What is this about? Why is there a ball? Why am I being dressed so fancy? Why does my father want me?"

Bellatrix stopped so abruptly that Ava ran into her back. There was a pause between them, before the strange girl turned around to face Ava. She had a sadness in her gaze, as if she were sorry for Ava.

"What is it?" Ava's voice was a whisper, so quiet she could barely hear herself. It was now that she noticed how certainly tall she was compared to Bella. It felt a bit empowering, and yet her gut still told her that something was wrong, and to be scared.

"You need not worry," Bella whispered back. "I swear on the oath of my god, you won't be hurt. Just trust my word."

The sentence uneased Ava more than she already was. She followed her servant - That's what Bella was, wasn't she? - to the dining and dancing room. The Ball room.

It was filled with activity. Not a single human face, though, Ava noticed. All monsters, all with inhuman qualities, shuffling across the floor, talking loudly or not at all. Some spoke alien languages that Ava didn't even know were possible. Weird clicking noises.

And absolutely terrifying. Bellatrix held a tight knit smile, but Ava could see the tense muscles in her neck. She was nervous and...scared maybe?

At the stage was a band, playing traditional sounding music. The crowd began to roar with excitement, as her father Charles stepped up on the stage himself. He grabbed hold of a microphone - the first modern thing that Ava had seen since arriving there. He tapped it, then smiled and spoke with pride in his face.

"Good Evening, my trusty servants of the New Empire!" He shouted. Ava had to wince at the volume of it.

Another round of hoots and claps and unusual grumbling. Ava shrank back, trying to keep attention off of her. It wasn't working. Eyes stared at her awkwardly. Some of them blank, similar to Bella's own eyes. Some were huge, bigger than the heads of their owners. It made Ava's stomach turn.

"This is a special night!" He shouted. "I have searched long and far, and although my job is only partially complete, I have managed to find one of my remaining living children! My daughter, Ava!"

More hoots, more clapping, more grunting. Something sounded like it was farting whenever it made noise. She covered her nose, just in case.

"This night is about her! And soon, her brother will be here, too! And then, finally, their mother, whom I've decided to take as a bride. One happy family."

Ava nearly choked on air. Bride? Her mother? And him? There was no way - her mother openly despised him. It was so obvious that even the most oblivious would know that she never wanted to associate herself with Charles. He was going to have to put a change to his plans.

"I'm sorry to inform you though, that I have visited all my other existing children, and most of them have refused to return to their home. My daughters Mary, Josephine, Galla...." He listed off their names. He also listed the sons, though it seemed there was only 3 of them. Seven children in total, not counting Ava and Jackson.

She wished she'd known they existed. And, she still couldn't shake the feeling that this was some sort of trap. Some sort of facade. He'd treated her so kindly since she woke, was so genuine sounding. And yet.... There had to be a reason. A reason why, when she would ask, that Mary would avoid the subject even more than her own mother. More than the people around her. Mary was the only person she knew who knew the most about their father, and yet she refused to share any of it.

Did she think it would hurt Ava?

If only she would have told her. Ava felt herself tug back into reality, being pulled to the stage. Charles had a big smile as she stepped up the stairs. There was something severely creepy about his otherwise handsome features. Something...unrestful feeling.

Jian had talked with the Huntsman in his private quarters. The Huntsman's partner was home, sick with the flu, and laying across the couch with the TV blaring.

"Hey, Crispin," Jian-min muttered. Crispin nodded a faint 'Hello', but was otherwise submersed in a new episode of 'Say Yes to the Dress'.

The Huntsman pushed Jian passed the TV, past bedrooms and even a nursery. For a split second, Jian seen the face of the baby troll through the bars of her little crib. The walls were pink in that room, with clouds painted white all over. The baby smiled with it's little tusk-like teeth before he was ushered into the kitchen.

The Huntsman turned on his coffee pot, fixing the grinds into a filter.

"Alden-" Jian started, but couldn't think of what to ask. He was one of very few who knew the Huntsman's first name. He sat back on one of the chairs and stared directly at the Huntsman's back.

The Huntsman watched as coffee started dripping into the pot before settling down in a chair across the table. He made it creak under him loudly because of how big a man he was. Fiddling with one of the floral place mats on the table, he turned his head up and stared Jian-min directly in the eyes.

Jian shifted uncomfortably. The gaze was overpowering, made him feel vulnerable. It always did. He began to talk again. "Look. I know it's stupid that I want to go after that motherfucker-"

"Shh," Alden said. "Watch your language. I have a resting daughter in the other room, and she has good hearing."

Jian rolled his eyes. "Right. Whatever. But, what I'm trying to say is-"

"You love the girl, no?"

"Wh- Wait, what?" Jian was taken by surprise.

"Ava. The kidnapped one. You love her?"

Jian-min sat with his mouth agape, staring at his superior. It had been so long that he knew Alden. The Huntsman was a like a father to Jian-min. He had guided him when he was child, when he had nothing less and went stumbling up the cracked granite steps of Beijing Fabletown. It turned out that the Huntsman was doing business, as well as training, there in Beijing. He'd ended up staying an extra four years, just for Jian's sake.

Jian could only regard Alden with respect, and that was something his boss had earned long ago. He opened his mouth slowly, forming the words as best he could.

"I....I can't deny that I have feelings....that are past the professional way of going about things-....Alden, how did you guess that?"

"I didn't have to guess. I read your damn reports."

Jian-min's eyebrow arched. "And how did you gather the assumption that I do, in fact, like the girl?"

The coffee pot was half full, enough for two cups to be poured. The Huntsman quickly stood, a smirk on his face, as he pulled two mugs from the cabinet. One said 'I Love Mom' on it, and the other had some sort of advertisement for a local plumbing company. Jian got the first mug, and poured milk in it once Alden had taken it from the refrigerator.

"Will you answer me?" Jian-min asked after sipping his cup. It was some sort of gourmet brand, most likely Crispin's doing. He was all for that sort of stuff.

Alden coughed into his hand, placing his mug on the table. When he finished, he sighed. "I want you to stay here."

"Here? As in, your house?"

"No," The Huntsman said impatiently. "You know what I mean. Fabletown. I want you to stay here and keep an eye on things. I don't believe Mary was actually kidnapped. I think she left on her own accord."

"But her family's report said-"

Alden let his fist fall hard on the table. "I know what the bloody report stated. I think she was making a scene. Or, perhaps she panicked. She must have just found out that her sister didn't run away. I figure a woman who has as much influence in the 'Mirror' world has got to notice all the tiny, specific changes and disturbances it contains. She probably found out that Charles never died, and went to finish the task."

"But she won't be able to survive!" Jian-min argued. "The man has an army, bigger than she could ever tolerate."

"She can do it," Alden said gruffly. He sipped his coffee again. "She's a strong lady, that's for sure."

Jian grimaced. He was thinking of every outcome that could possibly happen. None were remotely pretty. "I still want to go."

"I was afraid of that. But I'm also not surprised. It was Charles who killed your family, no?"

"How could I, or you for that fact, ever forget?"

The Huntsman smiled sadly. "It was so rainy that day."

Jian-min spat out a scoffing laugh. "Yeah."

The rumble of thunder and lightning lit in the sky through the window behind Jian-min's head. He was going, whether Alden liked it or not. And, he knew by his superior's expression, that he would not be stopped.

Sorry for not posting yesterday! Got home, had to get ready, left, then didn't get home again until 11 :L Fun, though. For the most part. A little annoying, but that's besides the point. Yeah :D

• If you'd have told me - I dunno - six months ago that we'd be seeing a pregnant Emily in a pink dress (even if she didn't pick it) I'd have been surprised. Heck, I'm surprised now - my most vivid memories of Emily are her shouting at dancers, swearing at dancers, being drunk, snorting coke in the back of the Puddin 'N' Pie, and passing out. Yet, seeing her together with Gren and, importantly, happy, is wonderful. :) Also, I too happen to think that Emily looks rather attractive with her hair down in that picture, and can only wonder at what Gren has just seen or been told.

VERY quick sketch while at work. Enjoy Emily sat back and looked at the various dresses on display. Holly was being measured and Ma

• Have to say, I sort of hope Gren doesn't live this one down in a hurry what with the way he's been acting; and besides, I reckon he's secretly a good dancer. ;) The idea of Robert chasing Makoto around is amusing :P and that bus journey hopefully won't end with a dragon emerging! I rather like the way Weasel is being passed about between everyone - he gets to have a chat with everybody that way. :D

Jan challenge Jan 4th, 3:30am ...Because I'm going to lose it in about ten seconds... Tez, Weasel, Harmony and Draco sat on a nearb

• Yeah she's very forthcoming and honest about that stuff, which I really pondered her character and my original idea was to have her be a fighter and have Makoto raise her like he was with Bigby and Snow but now I sort of have her as still a main influence on Makoto but she will be more of support than have her be his 'sidekick' type deal. I think he will and his power that I created I thought of I think at least is pretty cool XD it could be absolutely lame as can be but oh well! XD On the Velvet Room, Makoto can not escape that room for as long as he is still on contract with Igor so whether or not Makoto has to go there when summoned so shot could very well be sinister or it could be his greatest asset ;) I'm actually going to be going about this whole set of stories not super slow but slow to build every character and their relationships to the others. :D

Well, Mary ain't exactly a bashful one, what with her discussing her parents like that. Otherwise, Makoto can look forward to being put in the book of Fables, right? Because the Velvet Room, with Igor and 'another woman' seems rather sinister.

• That pic of Emily is SO FREAKIN' GOOD! I wish I was that gorgeous! And Gren's expression is perfect XD I literally love them together! It's so awesome! You know, at first I was a bit unsure of how I felt, but the way these two connect, the way Rosie is, the way everyone else seems to be, it just feels right. They should be happy, with their bundle of bouncing babies <3

"Here." She hands Vivian her Bowler hat. "Hold this bloody thing fa' me."

So....if I were to look over at Emily, trying on those veils, would I see a floating hat since Viv can only be seen by Em? Or does the had essentially 'disappear' with Viv until Emily takes it back? I know it's a stupid question XD

"EMILY!" Mary's voice trailed in the tiny space. "Emily, damnit! Where are you!?"

"Ova' 'ere, Mary and quit ya' bloody belly achin'!"

I love Mary XD Her AND Mary together are a great combo XD

Vivian huffs. She never quite understood Emily's need to be friendly with the once mirror hopper.

Aww Viv doesn't quite like ole' Mary :( Oh well, you can't win 'em all, I guess XD

I died laughing XD Ah man...

"Pink." Emily had her limits. "Bloody muthafuckin' titty pink dresses. PINK..."

Welp. We all now know me and Emily are possibly COMPLETE opposites XD Pink is my favorite color, if I was in Holly's wedding, then I would be like crying with happiness XD

all the Smith women were built the same way: ample bosoms

It's so true though XD It's all Lyla's fault, and her mother's fault, and her mother's mother's fault XD That's precious

"YEAH!" Mary turns to look at Emily. "How 'bout it, preggers? Do the little Grendel babies want Chinese?"

Pork Chow Mein DID sound good. "Sure, let's go."

Oh, Chinese food. If I could marry food, it would be specifically Chinese food. I love Chinese food XD

So, Holly is getting married to whom? I haven't read the chapters that obviously revealed it...Is it Peter? Because I thought they had an attraction to each other in a WAY earlier chapter... I hope I'm right, lol XD If not, you can slap my wrist and say 'No, Emmy (Or Emily), No!'

Emily throws her hands up. "God, that dress! I love Holly but damn-PINK!"

BEST reaction XD I can just imagine it, and it was perfect.

Oooh I can't wait for them to get a bigger house! I love houses <3 (If you hadn't already known that XD) This is so cute! I can't wait to see the babies (Because we ALL know you're going to draw them, lol) And I can't wait for names and genders and personalities! Great chapter!

• What charming company Charles keeps, and the description of his home - could he be anymore evil? I reckon Ava can handle herself, just as Mary can, but Charles must have a plan that takes this into account. Unless he's letting hubris cloud his judgement.

Anyway, hopefully Jian-min can be of help to the sisters, whether they need it or not!

Oh boy! Yesterday I was busy >.< I had my NHS Induction Ceremony....THAT was interesting. I had a ton of family there, which was nice

• Even as a support to Makoto Mary's influence will be interesting to see; maybe when she's a bit older she could be his sidekick. Vampires don't age though, do they? Hmm. Whatever you've made his power I doubt it'll be absolutely lame! ;D Ooh, the Velvet Room could be his greatest asset because of the summoning - I like that. I like that idea a lot. By building up the characters and their relationships it will surely make the plot even tenser. :)

Tetra posted: »

Yeah she's very forthcoming and honest about that stuff, which I really pondered her character and my original idea was to have her be a fig

• Yeah. Well, since Charles is 'an evil motherfucker', as Jian described him, he tends to attract less than great company. Plus, his 'guests' account for the army he's attained. They're essentially bound to his service and are loyal to only him. Bellatrix though...she's a special case. You'll see :)

Ava should be able to hold out on her own. As should Mary, though you never know. It's pretty dangerous.

Jian will certainly be able to help, even a little! He might hold some important information that the girls may need to save themselves and defeat Charles once and for all.

What charming company Charles keeps, and the description of his home - could he be anymore evil? I reckon Ava can handle herself, just as Ma

Sign in to comment in this discussion.