Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• This was very good, and very intense straight to the end! Good to know Harmony would've went with Jian-min if she wasn't raising her kids :) gift cards are always nice to get I also have some for food purposes XD Keep up the awesome work! :D

EMMYPESS posted: »

Something was wrong. Ava could sense it in the look that Charles had on his face. They had been seated a few minutes ago, at a grand round t

• Thanks! I'm trying to keep it as interesting as possible :) Harmony would have totally joined the fun, but you know, she has tiny babies to take care of. Gift cards are awesome, I can't wait to spend the rest of them at the store, lol

Tetra posted: »

This was very good, and very intense straight to the end! Good to know Harmony would've went with Jian-min if she wasn't raising her kids gift cards are always nice to get I also have some for food purposes XD Keep up the awesome work!

• OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I'm not reading this TONIGHT....but I saw the picture AND I JUST HAD TO SAY THAT THESE BABIES ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS AND MY FAVORITE IS VIVIANA AND MY SECOND FAVORITE IS ALL OF THEM AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEIR PERSONALITIES AND THEIR BIRTH AND HOLLY'S WEDDING AND THEM AND THERE'S 3 GIRLS AND BOY JUST LIKE LYLA AND GEORGIE AND I HAVE TO SAY I WAS ACTUALLY EXPECTING YOU TO DO THE OPPOSITE SINCE EMILY IS A GIRL AND GREN IS A BOY AND HAVE THEM HAVE 3 BOYS AND A GIRL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN BUT THIS IS ALRIGHT I LOVE THEM ALREADY AND I'M GOING TO GO TO BED NOW I HAVE CHURCH IN THE MORNING GOODNIGHT.

pudding_pie posted: »

Emily could not sleep prior to Swineheart's visit to the apartment. Her mind was lost in the worlf of babies: who would they look like? How

• Personally, Bella is probably one of my most creative characters. She's so strange looking, and yet she's probably on of the most friendly characters aside from probably Harmony and Scarlett XD I wanted a more unique and 'oldish' name, so I looked up old English names and Bellatrix stood out the most :) Glad you like her!

And yeah, I noticed that a LONG time ago....I suppose it's better than them dying, though? Lol, it tends to get super cray.

Y'know, I just realized, it seems that most of your Fables seem to spend a lot of time in a hospital room - in which I find to be really cray. Anyways, I'm really starting to like Bellatrix! She seems like a nice girl, for the most part.

• No problem! Well you are definitely living up to it! It's one of those moments where one person is sitting there like eh, what can ya do :p they really are! Whoever came up with them needs a serious promotion XD

Thanks! I'm trying to keep it as interesting as possible Harmony would have totally joined the fun, but you know, she has tiny babies to take care of. Gift cards are awesome, I can't wait to spend the rest of them at the store, lol

• AH! I hate making spelling mistakes >.< Thanks though, for pointing it out, lol.

Yeah, all is well again :)

All of this perfect except for one little thing: you spelled sweetheart 'sweat heart'. Just thought I'd let ya know! :P I'm glad the little argument thing in your family is over with too, btw.

• Thanks! I try my darnedest!

An undead Charles is something to fear, as if his more alive version wasn't enough. There will be justice, though. Don't you worry.

I totally approve of you going the different route again with one of my challenges! And goddamn it, undead Charles? Ain't No Rest for the Wicked, it seems like.

• Well, Nick is certainly the guy you'd want on your side! Killing the Adversary must make him one of the most powerful Fables, and with Mary by his side he is no doubt a man to be feared. Speaking of Mary, her attempts at knitting are rather charming, mostly because it seems such a unexpected thing for her character to do, but because she's also taking good care of Lyra. Just how Lyra will grow up could prove interesting: you mentioned that her parents are attempting to instill a less aggressive demeanour in her, aware that they are both powerful and such strength Lyra must also have. Now that she's killed for the first time, it may or may not have an effect upon her.

Your descriptions are clear and writing smooth. :)

HazzatheMan posted: »

So I finally got off my fat lazy ass and did some more writing :P This story is looking to be a long one, but I like long stories so this sh

• Scarlett has such anger; recent-ish events like your husband leaving you for dead isn't going to help, but it'd be nice to see her happy at some point in the future. :P Of course, she is entirely your character and you will have your own plans. :)

It's true. Yet, who can say no to a chocolate chip/ raspberry/ blueberry/ or any other sort of muffin? Only people who dislike them, and they probably have something they can't resist anyway. ^_^

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Glad you liked it. And Scarlett and Lyall being friends huh? Funny you should mentioned that. XD but I bet even in another universe Scarl

• Ahh, okay! Thought I might have to make a mad dash to catch up on the comics for a second. XD Hope you enjoy being back there. :)

I'm not actually setting it near the end of the comics it's sort of a reference and reminder of said character mostly lol XD I probably will

• I don't intend for Mary to be a main character in this story, I gave Mary's back story of losing her child to a cruel act of Fate to add to her Book of Fables entry somewhat; I wanted her to be a proper Mother for her child as she has been without one for so long...

I was going to say who The Adversary was, but not everyone that reads this will have read that far in the comics unfortunately :P

Lyra will develop hugely as this tale progresses, more on that in the future XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Well, Nick is certainly the guy you'd want on your side! Killing the Adversary must make him one of the most powerful Fables, and with Mary

• Her presence as a side character is still welcome, and you've definitely added to her backstory in a convincing way. :)

I for one am entirely glad and grateful you decided not to say who The Adversary is, because I'm one of those who hasn't yet got that far. :P I think I'm somewhere around the number 40 issues.

Sounds like you've definitely got plans. XD

I don't intend for Mary to be a main character in this story, I gave Mary's back story of losing her child to a cruel act of Fate to add to

• Good thing Cindy has rescued the women! And Daren can surely bring down Yony, even if he has to go through a few reanimated corpses first.

MasterStone posted: »

Daren's Bad Juju, Execute And so my Spy themed story continues.. Daren come in, I've located the merchandise. Daren come in. Dar

• First Rose and now Jack?! Jack ain't exactly Señor Populare around here, but to meet such a violent end is grim. :/ I certainly wouldn't like to be Colin in Bigby's apartment, as Bigby must be getting pretty strung out. Elsewhere, if everyone is going back to the Trip Trap, and Brannigan is going to turn up, what's going to happen between her and Bigby? And then there's Luna! I'm liking all these strands. :)

Tragedy Sirens rang throughout Fabletown as Makoto got dressed and ready to investigate what happened. When he walked outside of his room

• edited January 2015

Nope you're all set :D I do! It's nice because the others aren't here yet so I have the whole room to myself :D

Ahh, okay! Thought I might have to make a mad dash to catch up on the comics for a second. XD Hope you enjoy being back there.

• So many plans... Begs to God for help

I'm not only writing this; I have The Devil Among Us to finish on FanFiction.net (I think I asked you to read that...)

I'm also writing: a GeorgiexLyla Smith love fic for pudding_pie; a Bloody Wolf fic for TheZorkij; and a BigbyxNerissa fic for armis37...

In regards to the comics; I am fully up to date with the main series :P

I haven't read all of the spin-offs, even though I have pretty much all the ones that have been released so far, I just don't want to read them in case they add more stress to the main story :O

Her presence as a side character is still welcome, and you've definitely added to her backstory in a convincing way. I for one am entire

• Hmm, the notion of holidaying in Scotland has suddenly lost a little of it's appeal. XD Seriously, though, seeing this you can understand why Nick must be feared. I like it!

This is what my OC Nick is meant to look like in his true form (it is the Nuckelavee of Scottish legend; one of the names for the Devil in S

• Haha, if it were me there I'd sprawl all my stuff out until the others got back. :D

Nope you're all set I do! It's nice because the others aren't here yet so I have the whole room to myself

• Sadly Jack is gone :( I'd imagine Colin would notice Bigby is pretty sour about now and just not push his buttons but he'll probably be a smart ass and do so anyways XD who knows with Brannigan and Bigby as she doesn't quite remember who he is, so it could go either way :) Yes we finally learn the name of the mysterious girl who seems to be stalking or trying to befriend Makoto but is going about it super awkwardly XD glad you are enjoying the story Lupine :)

First Rose and now Jack?! Jack ain't exactly Señor Populare around here, but to meet such a violent end is grim. I certainly wouldn't like

• His 2 brothers and sister look like that as well!!!!

They will appear in this story very soon :)

Hmm, the notion of holidaying in Scotland has suddenly lost a little of it's appeal. XD Seriously, though, seeing this you can understand why Nick must be feared. I like it!

• Their school photo's must have been delightful. :P Interesting to see how his relationship is with them. :)

His 2 brothers and sister look like that as well!!!! They will appear in this story very soon

• lol The relationship....

Remember what I wrote in that chapter; he essentially left them to die! The Harbingers HATE each other; Nick is Death's Harbinger and therefore the most powerful (but that will change)

Now I have said too much :O

Their school photo's must have been delightful. :P Interesting to see how his relationship is with them.

• Hiya, everybody! To anyone who's interested, I've two brief things to say. Firstly, in order to avoid the somewhat sporadic chapters I post I've started writing a story that I'll finish, or almost finish, before I start posting it. Hopefully, it'll be easier if you read it to keep track of what's happening, and it'll certainly be easier for me to write it that way.

Secondly, my internet at home is currently being highly uncooperative, working for a few minutes every hour so, and I'm having to almost entirely rely on the phone that I'm currently typing this out on. The problem is, I don't have unlimited data, so if I suddenly vanish for a while it's most likely that I'm out of megabytes. It might not come to that, but I wanted to mention it in case it does happen so you don't all wonder if I've given up the ghost or something. Not sure that's the correct use of that phrase but never mind, this is costing me precious data and I can't afford to mull these things over for too long. You're all excellent and writing some fantastic stories at the moment. :)

• Ah, my apologies! I thought that Nick had presumed they died and so I also presumed they died.

Yeah, that's got me wondering about Lyra's future, but who knows! Well, you most likely do. ;)

lol The relationship.... Remember what I wrote in that chapter; he essentially left them to die! The Harbingers HATE each other; Nick is Death's Harbinger and therefore the most powerful (but that will change) Now I have said too much :O

• Oh noooo. I wasn't going to introduce his siblings and do nothing with them :/

Poor Lyra :P

Ah, my apologies! I thought that Nick had presumed they died and so I also presumed they died. Yeah, that's got me wondering about Lyra's future, but who knows! Well, you most likely do.

• edited January 2015

Can't wait to read the story and I understand the frustration when it comes to internet providers that pick and choose when they want to work. anyways, hopefully this will not keep you away for too long but we all understand and hopefully the situation gets dealt with. :)

Hiya, everybody! To anyone who's interested, I've two brief things to say. Firstly, in order to avoid the somewhat sporadic chapters I post

• Emily sat on the couch and looked out the window. Although there was another brick building in her view, it was still magnificant to peer through the glass and see the world surrounding her tiny apartment. Since finding out the genders of her quads, Emily felt a sense of peace that for long seemed to hide in the shadows and refuse to budge. Vivian, consumed with the thought of little ones crawilng about, held the ultrasound picture and examined the babies. Three girls and one boy.

Gren left not too long ago; Emily had a craving and desire for a Quarter Pounder with extra cheese and onions. Normally, the mere smell and texture of an onion made Emily cringe and the urge to vomit. Even fully cooked, Emily was never able to stomach the overbearing odor of the onion. Now, that's all she wanted: in her Tacos, Sandwiches and even burgers.

Vivian joked that one or more of the babies would come out looking like one of two things; an onion or an entire meal from McDonald's. Although Swineheart made it a point to plan out a meal for the expecting mother, she had to give into the temptation and help curb her growing litter's appetite. Emily did the usual basics a mother-to-be considers; milk intake, vitamins, and protien. Not to mention the food groups a Grendel needed. The cocoon, thankfully, was not causing too much trouble for Emily.

Vivian traced her index finger along the black and white photo of the babies. A sudden flash came before Vivian's eyes, the further her finger traced along the picture. She could vividly see all four of them, playing on the floor, cooing and rolling around; Gren could be seen on the floor, tackling and wrestling with his son and the Wolf baby. Vivian was pleased when she noticed Emily. Hair down, comfortable clothes and the largest smile she has ever seen.

"Vivian." Emily touched her arm. "Ya' alright ova' there?"

"Yes." Vivian shakes her head. "I just thought of something. Nothing for you to worry about."

Emily glanced over. The pictured remained in Vivian's grasp. After Swineheart's departure from the apartment, she was on the phone with her mother. Lyla, lost for words, could only cry and repeat "My baby...." over and over for nearly five minutes. She could hear her father in the back as well. He was scheduled to stop by and make a visit. Emily was genuinly pleased when her father accepted the children and her love for Gren. Emily knew of their rocky past and was concerned this would interfear with her children.

"Well, don't go into la-la land fa' too long."

"You need me for something, Emily?"

"Me folks are comin' by."

Vivian chuckles. "Not like they can SEE me, Ems."

Emily stands up, stretches her lower back and plays carelessly with her hair. The ebony strands glisten under the kitchen light and drap over her shoulders. Every so often, Emily wore her trademark Bowler hat and pulled her hair back; Vivian was not expecting emily to drastically change over night. This was a style she grew accustomed to and practiced since she was a kid. But even Emily felt she needed a change every now and than.

Emily grabbed the bottle of Milk and poured herself a glass. "NO but I'd like ta' have some company until they get here."

Vivian places the picture onto the coffee table, folds her arms and leans back. "Alright. Let's talk."

"I wanted ta' tell ya' something in regards to the babies..."

"I'm listening."

Emily takes a sip from her cup. "I'd like ta' make you a godmother ta' one of the kids."

This should have pleased Vivian but the look drawn instantly on her face caused Emily to rethink her proposal. Vivian glared once more at the photo, then back into Emily's eyes.

"Oh, Emily, sweetie....I appreciate the gesture but..."

"But...." Emily leans closer. "Why won't ya' be-"

"You can't just go naming me the godmother to any of those babies. Everyone knows I'm dead. How are you going to explain THAT to Gren? To your siblings? To your parents..."

"I told ya' I'd tell him-"

"No Emily." Vivian shakes her head. "I'm afraid I can't accept your offer. I'll always love those babies and be greatful that you would even consider me such a large part in your life to give me such a title. But I can't, Emily....I just can't do that..."

Emily tried to comprehend Vivian's sudden change in heart. This was an unexceptable answer to Emily; her siblings were aware of Vivian and although none of them could continue their communication with the deceased woman, they knew Vivian roamed the streets and was Emily's guardian. As far as her parents, Emily would hope they'd understand. She saw nothing wrong.

"Vivian-"

"I no longer wish to discuss this, Emily. I do not want you to make me the godmother to one of your children. Please."

Emily's heart was torn into shreds like a paper being tugged upon by a curious toddler. But to avoid any further confrontation with Vivian, Emily could only nod in agreement and drop the subject. she would later return to the list, scratch Vivian's name out and replace it with another female. Right now, that was the last thing she'd worry about.

Vivian stood up and walked to the window. "Well, let's close these drapes here." She was trying so hard to change the subject. "The sun is beginning to peek over in the distance and it gets rather warm quickly in here."

"Yeah." Emily leans against the arm rest and sighs heavily. "If ya' want, open the window and let some of that air in 'ere."

As Vivian did so, they both heard the rusting and clanking of keys. Puddles, head turned to the door, leapt from his doggy bed and ran to the door.

"YIPP YIPP YIPP!" He jumped and pawed at the door. While Emily headed to assist Gren, Puddles continued to lick and snap. His nose scanned the cracks and his tail furiously wagged from side to side.

"YIPP YIPP YIPP!" Puddles faces Emily. "YIPP YIPP!"

"Oh hush ya' fookin' face." Emily scoots the dog back. "Such a fookin' vicious killin' machine ya' are, Puddles."

She opened the door and grabbed some of the bags. Gren sighed and nearly tripped over a very blithe dog.

"Aye, Puddles." He placed the drink holder onto the counter. "Calm your damn tits, dog. Sheesh."

Emily snatched a bag, tore it open and fished out her food. She immediatly opened the top, examined the burger and when all was well, took an enormous bite. Gren grabbed his lunch and took a seat directly in front of Emily. He watched her tear open packet after packet of ketchup. Emily began to drown her fries in a sea of thick, red sauce.

"You and that damn ketchup." Gren takes a bite of his Fish sandwich. "I made SURE they put extra."

"Thank ya', love." Emily tore again into her burger. "Fookin' love this ketchup! And, seems like one, if not all, of the babies like it, too."

Great, thought Gren, as he grabbed a fry. He could see it now: his girlfriend and four babies fighting over the remaining packet of McDonald's ketchup. He pictured a Gladiator scene; all in armor, sheilds and swords drawn, preparing to defend their right as the ketchup's rightful owner.

Gren chuckled. "Well, be prepared. If they are anything like you-"

Emily sips from her drink. "Don't ya' worry, love. I got this!" Emily pats her belly. "They KNOW who is the muthafuckin' queen bee here!"

Gren nearly spits up his drink and meal. As he tries to regain his posture and not choke, Puddles runs around the corner and jumps to grab Gren's attention. He sipns in a circle, allows his tongue to hang off to the side and tail continue to wag. His eyes glare at Gren's food and prepares for a little snack.

"Shoo Puddles." Gren uses his foot to move the dog. "Go away."

Puddles returns, sits and continues to eye Gren's food. Emily chuckles. "He came back, love."

"You deal with him...he's your fucking dog and-"

Puddles again wags his tail and slightly whimpers. Gren looks down to the most pathetic face.

"Really, Puddles?" The mention of his names makes Puddles sit back up. "Go away, boy. I ain't got nothin' for you."

"YIPP YIPP YIPP!"

Emily sighs. "Just give him a bloody fry, Gren."

Gren, dipping his fry into some ketchup, pauses to look up. He cocks his eyebrow and slightly laughs.

"YOU give him one of YOUR fucking fries than."

Emily tears off a piece from her bun and hands it to the eagerly waiting dog. He devours the delicious treat.

Gren smiles. "You spoil that dog, Ems."

"Gotta bloody spoil somethin' 'till me babies get 'ere."

"How you feeling?"

"Hungry."

"Well, least you ain't in fucking pain."

Emily wipes her mouth. "Oh, which reminds me-my folks are gunna be here in a bit ta' see us."

Gren looks around the apartment. "Here?"

"No Gren-on the fookin' roof. Yes here."

Vivian casually sat back and watched the couple dine on their cheap and greasy meals. Oh how she did miss the days of ordering a fat, juicy burger, taking it home and simply pigging out. Vivian's favorite place was always Burger King and a little hole-in-the-wall not too far from th club called Whimpy's but it closed not too long after her unfortuante inccident. Now, it was abandoned and covered in grafitti.

Gren took another long sip from his coke. "Alright. Let's do this."

"Stop." Emily playfully flicked gren's hand. "Ya' know they have nuthin' against ya', Gren."

"Your dad still gives me that LOOK-"

"He always has that stoopid fookin' look, Gren! I HAVE that same look, too! Junior has it-one of our fookin' kids might inherit 'the look' ya' so terrified of."

Gren chuckles. "I know, I know. Just giving you a hard time, Emily."

Emily leans across the table and kisses Gren, just as there was a knock at the door. Puddles returns to the front, barking and pawing at the door. The hairs on his back stand up.

"Must be me folks." Emily stands up. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

Gren again pictured a Gladiator scene only this time, it was between him and Georgie. The British man, knife in hand, could be seen circling Gren and trying to pin the beast into the corner. Although Georgie was so much smaller than he was, Gren still saw him being overpowered. Gren swallowed back his fears and watched Emily scoop Puddles up and open the door.

Gren was ready.

Any questions, ask away. :3

Also: page 17 of The Porgie Clan Didn't want to make an entire post on just one page. :) XD Stupid glare...stupid phone. Oh well. :)

Alt text

• Indeed, better to have all sorts of unique Fables alive and well. :)

Personally, Bella is probably one of my most creative characters. She's so strange looking, and yet she's probably on of the most friendly c

• Thanks for letting us know, and hopefully, I'll get to see my favorite Dixa soon! XD

Sucks about the internet thing as well, who's your provider?

Hiya, everybody! To anyone who's interested, I've two brief things to say. Firstly, in order to avoid the somewhat sporadic chapters I post

• I am curious as to WHY Vivian will not take up on the offer Emily has bestowed upon her as a chance to be the godmother to one of the babies; I know its a serious title to hand out in the Porgie Clan and it muddles me to know Vivian turned it down. Is there a reason WHY? If you wish to hold off on telling me due to spoilers, I'd be more than happy to wait and see. :)

The little dog is too precious. I can picture a pregnant Emily scooting the dog back while her Grendel returns with food. Your Fables and McDonalds-think Dragon mentioned this in a previous chapter regarding Emily. XD I think its too cute; I recall Bloody Mary wanting Burger King and nearly tearing Junior's head off when he almost didn't get it.

That section with Gren picturing all the kids and Emily fighting over ketchup. XD Why do I see this happening? XD

Now, I DO have a question in regards to Vivian: Can she SEE into Emily's future, considering she's her personal gurdian or is it little glimpses? I noticed Emily was having visions, too. Could it be one of the babies? Or is it vivian? Again, if it has spoilers, do not telll me! XD

"Your dad still gives me that LOOK-"

"He always has that stoopid fookin' look, Gren! I HAVE that same look, too! Junior has it-one of our fookin' kids might inherit 'the look' ya' so terrified of."

XD XD XD This was my favorite sentence between Gren and Ems. It's true; Georgie has that 'look', Emily, Junior and I THINK one of Junior's daughters has it, too. XD From that adorable little picture you made, seems like Viviana MAY have inherited the Porgie 'look' but than again it could be one of the others, too. :)

And I love the latest page; its funny (not in a haha way) that Georgie knows about Mary. It clearly states it here; I'm pretty sure Lyla knows, too but Georgie is against Mary claiming his son. The idea that as he ages, his desires to call her into his world is terrifying and I can't blame Georgie for trying to stop it. Although, he'd be doing the same BS John did to him and Lyla that nearly caused their destinys to change.

"I know you and Lyla have seen the marks. His burning desires to see me grows as he ages. HE summoned me, Porgie..."

That was chilling to say the least. Can't wait for more. Is this soley going to be based on Junior or will the other kids be mentioned? I mean, either way, I love it! :D And this was wonderfully drawn, too. :3

Emily sat on the couch and looked out the window. Although there was another brick building in her view, it was still magnificant to peer th

• I say, it was quite the monster mash in that castle, was it not? Ugh, and those fart-like noises, something that cannot be undone!

I personally think Ava and Mary will kick ass and be fine by themselves, but I wouldn't mind Jian coming too! :D

Oh boy! Yesterday I was busy >.< I had my NHS Induction Ceremony....THAT was interesting. I had a ton of family there, which was nice

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited January 2015

That image of Lyla....0.0 Damn, girl! XD Georgie is indeed a very lucky man. :P

You would have to save the image and use it on an image hosting site; I like to use imgur.com. If you don't feel like making an account, the

• edited January 2015

Alt text

Damn, Lyla, caught me by surprise!

You would have to save the image and use it on an image hosting site; I like to use imgur.com. If you don't feel like making an account, the

• a very mucky man

lol he's not lucky at all :P

JJwolf posted: »

That image of Lyla....0.0 Damn, girl! XD Georgie is indeed a very lucky man. :P

• I'm happy that pudding helped you out with your question yesterday! Nevertheless, this is an interesting form indeed. Question: Does Nick's full form actually have him fleshly-connected to the horse? Or is Nick the actual flesh horse itself?

This is what my OC Nick is meant to look like in his true form (it is the Nuckelavee of Scottish legend; one of the names for the Devil in S

• Aha! Very good question!!

If u read the Devil Among Us up to Chapter 18 on Act 1 then you would know already :P (Btw have u read any more yet?)

Nick IS connected to the horse; it is his torso attached behind it's neck as depicted in the image. The horse does have a mind of it's own and it acts like a regular horse; but Nick can control it at will... He usually gets it under HIS control when it gets alarmed or he wants it to attack someone.

Basically; during a fight the horse is under Nick's control, outside of a fight Nick lets the horse do it's thing :/

I'm happy that pudding helped you out with your question yesterday! Nevertheless, this is an interesting form indeed. Question: Does Nick's full form actually have him fleshly-connected to the horse? Or is Nick the actual flesh horse itself?

• Inherit the Beast Part one

The tread beneath Robert's clentched fists was soft and muddy. The sun was high, settling in between the trees and the ever blue skies. Clouds danced along with the wind, as if passing by to admire the beast down below.

In his true form, Robert held his head high. Birds flew above in groups, a Rabbit scurried past the mighty creature while several bugs flew in various directions suckling on the sweetness of the blooming flowers. Robert leaned his head back, open his powerful jaws and let out a beloowing roar. It shoke the ground and trees, echoing all around him. The noise startled a Mountain Goat, as it leapt across the cliffs and ledges to avoid this strange creature.

Robert could not remember the last time he was surrounded by such peace, serenity and abundance of nature. The area was thick with Pine, grass and quickly blooming floors. Woodland critters swam, swung, jumped and dashed all around Robert's feet and little section of the world. Even a passing gust of wind gently touched his rough skin.

The Allegheny National Forest was the only place Robert was allowed to step foot into. Several years back, the Pine Barrens used to be his stomping grounds and place of rest; he promised one day to take his mate, his future children and memories prior and create his own little bubble of wonders and dreams. But his fued with the Jersey Devil made the following visit and unpleasent one.

While bathing in the streams and drinking the cool, crisp water, the Jersey Devil perched himself on a nearby branch. Oddly enough, he remained silent and allowed the Grendel to bathe in solitude. He was no fool and knew better than to begin a battle with such strength and agility.

"Wonderful morning, eh beast?" Jersey's wings (before the inccident many years ago) flapped and made a tiny whoosh sound. Robert did not peer over, nor did he bother to acknowledge the creature. He simply let out a rough grunt and procceded to cool off in the water.

"Aren't you Gren's brother? I know him from around the various bars he tends to occupy during the evenings."

Again, Robert does not budge; he simply grunts one final time before dunking his entire body under the water. Bubbles surface to the top. Robert has thirty minutes before he must return for another gulp of air. His webbed fingers and toes extend out along with a mighty fin along his arms and upon his head. Robert pushes against the sand bank and dives after a group of Trout.

He did not notice the Jersey Devil, no waiting upon an old rotten log. Trout in mouth, Robert clenches his jaws tightly around the fish until it no longer moves. Robert climbs out of the water and nestles between a boulder and some brush to feast upon his fresh catch. The Jersey Devil continues to stare at Robert.

"Not much of a talker, eh? Must run in the family."

Annoyed with Jersey, Robert looks over. "Please leave me in peace, Jersey."

"Ah, so you DO have a tongue capable of producing words. Tell me, what brings you to my section of this fucked up world?"

"YOUR section? I'm sorry, I do not seem to understand-"

"These are my old stomping grounds. I used to live not too far from that creek ya' was swimmin' in. Tell me, are you enjoying MY fish?"

Robert could immediatly detect the hint of sarcasm in his voice. Robert tried once more to resume this pointless conversation; instead, he sunk his teeth deep into the flesh and bone of the Trout. Jersey, now flying over to Robert's section, lands gently on a branch just above Robert's head.

"Perhaps you did not hear me, Grendel. I asked you if MY fish was good."

"And why is this YOUR fish, Jersey? Because YOU grew up here, this gives you the right to bully people?"

"All Fables know the Pine Barrens are MINE to come and go as I so well please. YOU did not ask me to bathe in MY lake or eat MY fish or roam MY grounds."

Robert recalled throwing half of the Trout to the side and leaping at the Jersey. The winged creature tried to escape but Robert managed to sink his teeth into the soft tissue of Jersey's wings. Shrieking in agony, the Jersey Devil reached around and began clawing into Robert's back. Robert remained on the ground and held his wing securely inbetween his teeth; the strong copper taste formed a large puddle in his mouth and sacurated his throat. The taste burned as Robert swallowed.

Jersey used his right leg and dug his clawed feet into the belly of the beast. roaring in pain, robert's jaws unclentched, allowing Jersey to fly above Robert's head. Antlers in position, Jersey let out a screetch before diving head first towards Robert. He wanted to impale the pale beast right between the eyes.

Robert managed to tumble away, causing Jersey to slam into a nearby rock and crack his left antler. Furious and feeling foolish, Jersey lunged at Robert and prepared to fatally wound the creature. Perhaps he was like his brother and a mere torn off body part would part the beast from this world.

Robert was too quick and before Jersey could defend himself, Robert's massive plam pressed against the back of Jersey's skull and came head on into a tree.

Since than, robert was not allowed to return and he honestly had no desire to do so. He would bring Lyla to his current location; by now, the wind had picked up and blew up leaves and dirt. He pictured the two of them roaming through the lushes mounds of green and tumbling down into a pile of leaves. His she Wolf beauty would lift her shaggy head and let out the beautiful song of the Wolves. Robert wanted to hunt and chase down wild game with Lyla, eat their catch and sleep in the sun while their meal digested.

This was indeed a dream for Robert. The beast hung his head, plopped on the ground and plucked blades of grass from the ground. His precious she Wolf. She had not returned his calls or attempted to meet up in public. The phone calls always ended in voice mails and no one seemed to know; it was as if she disappeared over night.

Last he saw was the confrontation in his apartment; John Smith was there to collect his daughter and return her to the Folker community. Hoe Robert despised those Wolves and could not understand their inability to see anything other than their world. robert worried they would bestow punishment unimaginable to his beloved Lyla; he asked Gren for an update but nothing was ever said.

"It would be wise if you would fucking stay away from her, Robert..."

This was always his answer, like so many before him. Lifting himself up from the ground, Robert again let out a painful roar and turned to continue about his business through the forest grounds one last time. All the creatures in his path ran for cover and tried to avoid the beast. With such a stern look and put turned lip, showing rows of sharp teeth, they were smart as to avoid Robert.

He continued down the path, still trying to clear his mind. Rid his horrible thoughts in regards to Lyla.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

His beloved Lyla, however, was in serious trouble. John held his daughter against the wall of the Folker Council community building. Tears poured down her cheeks; the overlaped old marks and formed new ones as she continued to cry.

"It's changed..." John began shaking his daughter. "Your smell....its changed..."

Lyla refused to look her father in the eyes; she could hear his heavy breathing, the fierce grip around her arms and the change beginning on his hands. She did not want to look her alpha in the eyes and see the disappointment lingering. She could sense it.

"It changed...." John repeated these words. "Changed....your smell....changed..."

Lyla had not taken into consideration that as a virgin she Wolf, the body produces a very settle and unappealing odor to other males, especially Wolves. Once a female comes of age or loses her virginity, the smell changes and becomes her very own distinct smell. Lyla's was now very sweet and had a small hint of Buttercups and fresh cut Roses.

"You lost it...to that Fable...."

Lyla could not bare to hear the anguish in her father's voice. "Yes..." Lyla could only mutter these words. "Yes...yes..."

"They'll kill you, Lyla. If Decimus finds out you lost your virginity-" He couldn't think of it. "And now, there is a possibility that you might be preg-"

"They do not have to know." These were difficult words to speak of. "Decimus and the Council do not have to know. I can hide away until the birth of the baby."

"They will take you AND that baby away, Lyla." John's voice was now scared and unsure. "You'll lose that baby. They will take you and go after Robert. He does not stand a chance."

Robert. Lyla's urge to cry overwhelmed her body. She could never see Robert again. He could not know...he couldn't....

"The Farm." Lyla, wipping her nose, looks up into John's eyes. "Talk to Bigby. Miss White. Surely they'll allow me a place at the Farm where I can give birth to the baby."

John did not like that idea; she'dbe taken away until the birth of the baby and even then it was never a gurantee she could keep the child, especially if it needed a glamour. Those were indeed very exspensive. John, however, had no other option; he'd lose his unborn grandchild and his daughter.

With a weak nod, John could on;y craddle his daughter against his chest. Lyla, despite a heavy heart, had to tell Robert.

She had to tell him goodbye.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`

Any questions or comments, let me know. Have not covered Robert's tale in awhile; will continue on with the Jan challenge in later times. :3 Hope I got the smell thing right, too. If not, correct me Pie.

• The rituals performed by Gren during Carla's pregnancy distinctly sit in my mind, especially the cave; that Emily is already prepared for such happenings is good. :) I really like Swineheart's dry humour in this xD and those names! As adorable as your picture, which is so heartwarming it would melt a snowman. :)

Emily could not sleep prior to Swineheart's visit to the apartment. Her mind was lost in the worlf of babies: who would they look like? How

• Colin probably doesn't even realise he's doing it most of the time. XD Guess we'll all have to wait and see how it goes with Brannigan then. :) Yeah, I can relate to go about stuff super awkwardly XD I'd probably get on with her. :P

Sadly Jack is gone I'd imagine Colin would notice Bigby is pretty sour about now and just not push his buttons but he'll probably be a smar

• edited January 2015

Thanks - I'm hoping it will get dealt with soon, but I should have enough data for a while. :) (so long as we don't have another one of our gif-fests that is XD). It worked a bit last night, but only for a few minutes - makes me realise how much I use it!

Can't wait to read the story and I understand the frustration when it comes to internet providers that pick and choose when they want to wor

Sign in to comment in this discussion.