Questions about Joffrey.

Do you think is his death was too hardcore. He is the emphasis of a spoiled brat but the way he died was brutal he was just a kid.

Do you think he'll make a physical appearance in the game. Jack Gleeson might do some voice work

Comments

• edited January 2015

I heard Jack Gleeson retired from acting after his role in GOT.

• his death was too hardcore

Nah IMO too quick of a death for him, I had hoped it would've been more painful.

• edited January 2015

I doubt it, he did a great job portraying that little monster.
    as evil as it sounds, i agree with Green613...

• Naaah, I enjoyed his Death..

Every.

SINGLE.

FUCKING.

Second of it.

• His death wasn't too brutal, for the little monster he was he deserved a much more brutal death. And no, Jack Gleeson won't be making a physical appearance in the game, he's taking a break from acting for some time.

• i didnt want him to die

• You sound like an apologist for chastising Green over his reaction to a rising sadist and spoiled brat's death.

Clemenem posted: »

You sound like a sadist for wanting a child to have a painful death

• You sound like a sadist for wanting a child to have a painful death

Green613 posted: »

his death was too hardcore Nah IMO too quick of a death for him, I had hoped it would've been more painful.

• Did shit just get real? I think it did.

In.

Alt text

• Maybe. But his death was brutal. Suffocating is one of the most brutal ways to die.

• You sound like an apologist for chastising Green over his reaction to a rising sadist and spoiled brat's death.

• I'm just saying so many people are riding his death sounds disturbing and inapropriate. Don't label me an apologist it just unnerves me

Lingvort posted: »

You sound like an apologist for chastising Green over his reaction to a rising sadist and spoiled brat's death.

• edited January 2015

He wasn't a character that didn't deserve it, though. He ordered Ned Stark's execution (which is Ned's own doing, to be frank), had Ned's daughter Sansa beaten and threatened to rape her on several occasions, not to mention how he made a proposal to gift her Robb Stark's head. Joffrey also tortured animals, with at least one episode being mentioned in the books. He was also a spoiled brat with very arbitrary and often cruel, sadistic tendencies. The last thing I'd mention is the fact that it was Joffrey who hired an assassin to finish off Bran Stark in a bid to impress his alleged father, King Robert.

Suffocating to death wasn't pleasant, but, believe me, he's gotten off more easily than he might have.

I'm just saying so many people are riding his death sounds disturbing and inapropriate. Don't label me an apologist it just unnerves me

• yeah but GoT isn't real.

I'm just saying so many people are riding his death sounds disturbing and inapropriate. Don't label me an apologist it just unnerves me

• Alt text

i didnt want him to die

• ...I don't think you know what 'edgy' means.

• It's a television show. Get over it.

If you read the books it strongly implies that Joffrey was a child of very heavy incest which was very common in those days unbeknownst to t

• If you read the books it strongly implies that Joffrey was a child of very heavy incest which was very common in those days unbeknownst to them the birth defects and severe mental defects it could have on a child. Joffrey's insanity wasn't really his own fault. Maybe its just me but a bunch of people enjoying watching a child suffocate is disgusting to me

• If you read the books it strongly implies that Joffrey was a child of very heavy incest

First of all, you don't need to "just read" the books to know that Joffrey is a bastard of incest, it states it in the show as well.

Joffrey's insanity wasn't really his own fault

Then explain to me why Tommend and Myrcella aren't like that? Joff being a monster was Joff's fault and Joff's fault only.

Maybe its just me but a bunch of people enjoying watching a child suffocate is disgusting to me

Its because he's a monster and would have killed hundred of innocent people by the time his reign his done. His death was justified, no matter if he was a child or not.

If you read the books it strongly implies that Joffrey was a child of very heavy incest which was very common in those days unbeknownst to t

• edited January 2015

I'm not saying everyone has the same effects of incest as Joffrey some have different effects then others but anyone is effected in Joffrey's case it just happened to be far worse than either Tommend or Myrcella. This isn't one of my "Defense Threads" its a about whether is death was too brutal and I think it was. I think that they could have imprisoned him and observed him before killing a child with no mercy. I know GOT is fictional but a child is still a child monster or not.

If you read the books it strongly implies that Joffrey was a child of very heavy incest First of all, you don't need to "just read"

• I think that they could have imprisoned him and observed him before killing a child with no mercy.

They poisoned him so they wouldn't know who the killer was, why the hell would they imprison him first?

death was too brutal and I think it was. I think that they could have imprisoned him and observed him before killing a child with no mercy

Robb Stark is a child in the books and his death was 10x more brutal than Joffrey's, why aren't you complaining about that...

I'm sorry but you aren't making any sense. Are you sure you have even watched the show or read the books?The only "mercy" Joffrey really deserved was the same one he gave to Ned Stark.

I'm not saying everyone has the same effects of incest as Joffrey some have different effects then others but anyone is effected in Joffrey'

• "un popular character universally hated"
    Posts complete opposite opinion for reaction. That's the edge.

HarjKS posted: »

...I don't think you know what 'edgy' means.

• I'm pretty sure I'd know. I think Robb's death didn't need to happen. I felt bad for him after Ned's death but the reason its about Joff is because unlike Robb's death people take pleasure in watching Joff die over and over again

I think that they could have imprisoned him and observed him before killing a child with no mercy. They poisoned him so they wouldn'

• Joffrey wasn't a madman like Aerys II. It wasn't even hinted at, which means that Joffrey has likely committed all of his despicable acts in full sanity.

• They could always use the sound from the actual episode during his death scene. Mira and Sera are seated all the way at the back so with some muffling and some added crowd noises it could work pretty well.

I heard Jack Gleeson retired from acting after his role in GOT.

• Sanity isn't a quality Joffrey has. Anyone could see that someone who tortures animals at a very young age is a quality of someone very disturbed in the head. Insanity is a known quality of incest. Take Joffrey as a living example as to why its unethical.

Lingvort posted: »

Joffrey wasn't a madman like Aerys II. It wasn't even hinted at, which means that Joffrey has likely committed all of his despicable acts in full sanity.

• The little shit deserved it, I don't care if he was a child, he was still an evil king.

• It's not like that child is innocent in the first place, you know the things he did, he got what he deserved.

• And how do you know? Sadists can be completely sane, so him torturing animals doesn't necessarily equal him being insane. It could be attributed to a mix of his inane cruelty and child curiosity. Doesn't precisely mean he was insane due to his incestuous birth or even that he's insane at all. Targaryens had insanity as a backfire of their incest, sure, but it was due to several generations of incest. This time it's only the first generation, so whatever complications might there be, they aren't as severe as they could've been.

Sanity isn't a quality Joffrey has. Anyone could see that someone who tortures animals at a very young age is a quality of someone very dist

• This wasn't intended to be a defense thread as I said previously but the fact that so many people enjoyed watching him die over and over again disturbs me greatly. Had he not been a child I wouldn't have cared but since he was it bothered me

It's not like that child is innocent in the first place, you know the things he did, he got what he deserved.

• Had he not been a child I wouldn't have cared

Why? You would rather have him king for a few more years which will end up with him killing more innocent people and make life miserable for others?

This wasn't intended to be a defense thread as I said previously but the fact that so many people enjoyed watching him die over and over again disturbs me greatly. Had he not been a child I wouldn't have cared but since he was it bothered me

• If it were up to me he should have been exiled or imprisoned immediately following impeachment. I could never bring myself to kill a kid even if he's a Satan child

Had he not been a child I wouldn't have cared Why? You would rather have him king for a few more years which will end up with him killing more innocent people and make life miserable for others?

• I doubt they could ever do that, he's the king. The last person that tried to control Joffrey ended up without his head.

If it were up to me he should have been exiled or imprisoned immediately following impeachment. I could never bring myself to kill a kid even if he's a Satan child

• edited January 2015

That goes for just about every one who has but there were plenty of people who wanted him dead

I doubt they could ever do that, he's the king. The last person that tried to control Joffrey ended up without his head.

• I had hoped it would've been more painful.

2edgy4me

his death was too hardcore Nah IMO too quick of a death for him, I had hoped it would've been more painful.

• No, it's called having an opinion. Being edgy means when you bring up dark themes in order to make yourself look cool.

Talimancer posted: »

"un popular character universally hated" Posts complete opposite opinion for reaction. That's the edge.

• How would you go about capturing or exiling Joffrey? Open war with the Lannisters? It didn't go well for any of the 4 Kings who tried that.

The Tyrells still wanted to cosy up to Tywin, but Joffrey needed to be gone. It was by far the most sensible solution. I have no sympathy for a monster who only needed to stop murdering people to retain his crown. Teenager or not. Its not like he was 6 and didn't understand his actions.

If it were up to me he should have been exiled or imprisoned immediately following impeachment. I could never bring myself to kill a kid even if he's a Satan child

• Lol like 80% or more of GoT fans will say he should have died worse. (Not me though :p)

I think his death was kind of hardcore. The poison was called "The Strangler" Jeez that looked terrible.

I hope he makes an appearance in the game, but probably not. Then again we should be able to see the Purple Wedding so it's possible.

• This is not a world where people are impeached. This is a world where people are assassinated.

And in this world the children aren't even children. Bran thinks himself 'almost a man grown' multiple times, and he's 7-8 yrs old when the series starts. And in the first book, Ned is talking to Catelyn about how Rickon (who's 4 yrs old) cannot remain a child much longer cause 'Winter is coming'.
    Girls are considered Women and ready to bear children at 12-14 yrs old. Therefore adult.

So, saying that Joff is a child in this world is kind of a moot point. And we shouldn't be judging these characters based on a 21st century mindset. It just isn't comparable.
    IMO if you are old enough to kill someone, or in Joffs case, order their execution for no particular reason, you are old enough to have someone do the same to you in return. Whether the character deserves said Murdering is a matter of opinion.

• ^WELL SAID!

Arya_Stupid posted: »

This is not a world where people are impeached. This is a world where people are assassinated. And in this world the children aren't even

Sign in to comment in this discussion.