Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Infinite was pretty much a dumbed-down version of both Bioshock's altogether, but I still liked it. And up to this point, I would say that Bioshock 2 is better now that Infinite is out. Anyways, that sounds cool! Can't wait to see how you write 'em both.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I really like Bioshock 1!! I find Infinite better and worse in places :P Bioshock 2 was kinda meh though... Ok; Lyra will meet Blossom and Conner Wolf (2 of Bigby and Snow's children) they will both be around 20 years old...

• Eh I guess, but Infinite's Elizabeth DLC's made it great (especially Ep. 2; that was a tense one)

I have the Wolf family's story planned out pretty much. What I haven't put into the story yet is that Nick destroyed the Mundane world in 2014 (TWAU never happened in this fic) So it's now 2024, but cuz it's the Homelands it doesn't matter :P

Might put in more Fables/TWAU characters in the future...

Infinite was pretty much a dumbed-down version of both Bioshock's altogether, but I still liked it. And up to this point, I would say that B

• edited January 2015

Hey, good luck with that section man, just try to think happy thoughts while they're explaining it - if you can.

And damn, is that supposed to be the 'Smith Settlement' in the first picture link? Katie, Emily, and Penny look very adorbs as kids too. :)

EDIT: I meant third picture link, my bad!

pudding_pie posted: »

Porgie Clan pages 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24 Didn't want to cloud the thread with page, after page, after page, so I'll post the links

• You can cook!?

Oh Makoto... still haven't changed, I see. XD

Nevertheless, can't wait to see how the whole Brannigan thing will play out in your story. I bet you're going to write something that Telltale was planning to do with TWAU before they cut it out.

Tetra posted: »

Like a dream come true That night at the trip trap... "Ross what the fuck is wrong with you?" Gren said Ross looked terrified when

• It is true; sometimes I like to add little bits of my own personal dreams, wishes, wants or currently posses into my stories. Connects me a bit more with the characters, if that makes any sense. :) A little something me and Tammy would eventually like to own; if not now, possibly during retirement. Until then, I give Emily and Gren that chance. It is indeed a trememendous change from where were currently living. That damn heater, though. And Nick....dear, sweet Nick. :)

Thank you; she's my little coloring bug, that one. MOSTLY the drawings are either in my office or bedroom wall. :P

LupineNoir posted: »

After some of the discussions we've had, the description of the manor and surrounding lands makes me wonder if this is not in part a descrip

• It was interesting and I will indeed TRY to think positive thoughts but even I'm enough to admit, it probably won't happen. Part of the life of a preschool teacher I suppose.

And yes, that IS the Smith Settlement. :) I just LOVE saying that. Georgie and Lyla move in with John and Nancy a little after the birth of the quads. AND the girls will be happy to hear that, especially miss Penny. :)

Hey, good luck with that section man, just try to think happy thoughts while they're explaining it - if you can. And damn, is that suppos

• You have me to thank for coming up with that property name. XP

I'm glad they'll react in such a fashion, please give them my finest regards. (something that Tezoth would probably say, lol)

It was interesting and I will indeed TRY to think positive thoughts but even I'm enough to admit, it probably won't happen. Part of the life

• I do have you to think for that marvelous name. WAY better than Smith Manor. Pssh. :P

I will send them ALL your finest regards, Tezoth. :) Be prepared for endless hugs on the next visit. :3

You have me to thank for coming up with that property name. XP I'm glad they'll react in such a fashion, please give them my finest regards. (something that Tezoth would probably say, lol)

• He's too cute! Can kill me in my sleep probably but DAWWW! CUTE!!

You'd be wise to watch your next moves when he looks like this; Georgie Junior is an adorable bundle of cuteness but when Bloody Mary is nearby and she FEELS he's angry or upset....watch the fuck out! also, damn you, JJ-SCHOOL! xD

I DO have a question: Does Liam or any of his sisters TELL Emily they want to eat, go in the water, etc or does she FEEL it? Also, is Vivian there, too? I'm sure she is....:D

Emily can feel certain feelings her children can. IF you can go WAAAAAY back when Lyls was pregnant with the quads, she could sense Katie and Emily, too; they would tell her certain things like hungry, sleepy or simply babble away. Liam especially, since h and Emily are very close. :) And yes, Vivian IS there. :3 She NEVER leaves Emily's side.

Gren is a great father. He just has that something when you look at him, despite his 'looks' and attitude. He loves his children. And yes, Mr. Stern; I'm going to tell you now: I'm prepared to cry like I'm four years old again. Some of those topics....images....shit, dude. :( And yes, you'll see me later, silly. xD Text or call me.

JJwolf posted: »

The house on pg 3 was beautiful. I never knew the Porgies lived in such a beauty. And Big Ben, Lyla? XD That made me laugh; mind you I'm in

• Haha! I don't think he ever will XD I do want to do something like that I was honestly thinking as sort of an alliance rather than full blown brannigan exposing Fables and all that nonsense but I haven't decided yet :p

You can cook!? Oh Makoto... still haven't changed, I see. XD Nevertheless, can't wait to see how the whole Brannigan thing will p

• Well it makes sense considering she marked him at an early age. I still find it interesting that he can literally FEEL all these emotions when she is nearby. Creepy yet amazing, all at the same time.

I do recall in your first story mentioning Lyla feeling and hearing her babies LONG before anyone else did. I believe Katie was he same way during one of the litters but you never covered it. Looks like Emily has it, too. And I did figure that much with Vivian; she seems like the type of guardian to never leave your sight no matter what. :3

Well, I look forward to more like I always do. :)

He's too cute! Can kill me in my sleep probably but DAWWW! CUTE!! You'd be wise to watch your next moves when he looks like this; Ge

• Your level of detail shines through again with this chapter; if I didn't know better, I'd say you had an actual book on the birthing rituals of Grendels. :3

Loving the comics as usual! Seeing Katie, Emily and Penny young is slightly odd after reading and picturing them as adults now, but the references to Gren certainly adds to what's happening currently. And those final pages really show just how much a difference Junior will be in Mary's life - especially with her singing 'You are my sunshine.' Kinda chokes me up a bit that song, though I'm not sure why. :3 Also, it's only the end of chapter one, which strongly implies that there will be more chapters. :D

Porgie Clan pages 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24 Didn't want to cloud the thread with page, after page, after page, so I'll post the links

• Welcome, indeed! :) Absolutely go for it! Laurel sounds like the right sort of ass-kicking wolf that would fit right in.

I have a idea of who (or what) could be bigbys like apprentice... Sort of. I'll do like a fact file thing.. Name: Laurel (I have no idea fo

• I plan only bringing back a handful of my older characters for my next big story and throw in a few new ones. Going need all the help they can get.

Oh, sweet! It's nice to Robby and Walter after all this time - I just love character comebacks.

• I only know Grendel from the story of Beowulf, so it was natural for me to just sort of run with his kind and create this entire universe as if I DO have a book right in front of me. :) I'm pleased to know it works out, though.

Also, I find it strange when I draw the girls so much younger. Goes for all of them, though. And I wanted to dive into the relationship of Gren and Emily; really show what happened between now and where we are now. And Junior, as we all know, will make Mary's life so much better. She just does not know it. She's always sang that song to him. :) <3 And we shall have more. :D

Your level of detail shines through again with this chapter; if I didn't know better, I'd say you had an actual book on the birthing rituals

• Oh, sweet! Makes this thief smile. :)

I do have you to think for that marvelous name. WAY better than Smith Manor. Pssh. :P I will send them ALL your finest regards, Tezoth. Be prepared for endless hugs on the next visit.

• A Mundy alliance would be cool, ah, but don't let this dragon tell you what to do. It's your story! XD

Haha! I don't think he ever will XD I do want to do something like that I was honestly thinking as sort of an alliance rather than full blown brannigan exposing Fables and all that nonsense but I haven't decided yet

• one alliance to rule them all XD

A Mundy alliance would be cool, ah, but don't let this dragon tell you what to do. It's your story! XD

• Alt text
    Alt text

Emily awoke from her nap alone and still in the nest. The fire was slowly dying down; the burning embers were now an orange color mixed with the deep blacks and grays of the coals and rocks. Nearby, the Ducks plumped up and continued to cook. Emily licked her lips and inhaled deeply.

"Ooooh fook, man." Emily slipped out of the nest. "That bloody smells good."

Still naked, Emily carefully walks to the cooked meat. Taking her index finger and thumb, she plucks off a tender strip of flesh and bites down. It was moist and very flavorful. It had a hint of cedar and a smokey, crispy texture. Emily continued peeling off layer after layer. The juices seeped from her lips and soon covered her fingers with a sticky residue.

"Hungry, Emily?" She turned and found Vivian. "Is that good? They smell good."

Emily wipes her mouth. "I've been so bloody hungry, Viv."

"That's a good thing. Being out here has really helped both you and the babies."

Emily rubs her stomach. "They are such wonderful babies. So calm."

Emily steps into the wet earth. Squishing the mud in between her toes, she leans against the mouth of the cave and peers out. Clouds are seen in the distance. the sun shines through the tops of the trees and blankets the forest floor with its rays of gold. Emily inhales the open air and traces her finger along the boulders and trees.

"Don't go too far, Ems. Gren stepped out not to long ago to fish out some weeds and moss."

Emily sighs. "I'm just gunna fo ova' 'ere, Vivian. The babies want ta' get a betta' look."

Although they were still tightly packed away, the babies sensed the open spaces and fresh mountain air. Emily felt several kicks along her back and side. Placing her right palm on the movements, they continued to thrash. Emily felt one of their faces press along the lining of her stomach as if they were trying to feel the sun's rays, too. Emily finds a clearing near the creek, lies down and allows the sun to beam down.

"There ya' go, me babies." Emily closes her eyes. "Be one with woot ya' be, loves."

All four babies seemed to relax and move towards he warmth of the sun. Emily extends her arms out and plays with the wet grass. Dew from the early morning collects along her skin and hair. Vivian sits on a nearby stump and watches Emily roll around as if she was a child once more. The feels of the dirt laced with water, leaves and rocks was welcoming and very relaxing to Emily.

"Having fun, Emily?" She could only nod. "Oh if your parents were here to see this..."

Emily remained on the ground for another five minutes before hearing a loud THUD and crash of nearby trees. Gren must have returned home and to avoid sending the beast into a frantic search, Emily heads back to the cave. She was pleasently surprised to find Gren sitting on the floor and building another fire. Emily also noticed a massive hole in the ground.

"Huh, so ya' ain't gunna come lookin' fa' me, huh?"

Gren taps his nose. "I can smell you out there, Emily. I can seperate your smell from all the others around me."

Emily sits beside Gren. "So, if I was in trouble-"

"Remember when you were eight and you fell into that deep, dark hole not too far from the house?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I was the one that picked up your scent. A Wolf has a wonderful keen sense of smell and can easily pick up a single thread of odor lingering in the air. But a Grendel can detect it with the snap of your fingers."

"So, it's alright that I walk 'round out there?"

Gren sighs. "You're NOT a prisioner, Emily. I just don't want you to wander off too far in case you slip and fall or get hurt. I want you to explore and allow the babies a chance to absorb all this."

Gren tosses three logs into the burning embers. He grabs a stick and pokes the flames until they dance towards the ceiling and engulf the logs with their burning flames. Gren looks over to the Ducks and notices a good piece missing from the leg.

"You get a snack while I was gone?"

"Was so bloody hungry and they wanted it."

Gren pats her belly. "Well, go right ahead. They SHOULD be ready."

Emily grabs a smaller Duck, sits beside the fire and gnaws at the flesh. Like before, it was tender and very juicy. Her inner Wolf also kicked in since the pregnancy and Emily's desires for meat increased. Having four babies to feed was part of it as well but Emily seemed to rather enjoy all the meat and fish she'd been ingesting since day one.

Gren snatched off the biggest bird, took a seat beside Emily and began to feast as well. Vivian sat in the nest and with loving eyes, watched the couple enjoy their meal together. Neither one of them spoke during this time. A few grunts and burps echoed in the cave but nothing more.

"Here." Gren grabs a handful of moss. "Eat this for the Grendel baby."

The muddy aroma was tempting to Emily. She grabbed the pile of wet, green grass and immediatly ate it. The texture was chewy and had a faint taste of dirt, water and mushrooms but as it slid down her throat, Emily's cravings doubled and she desired more. Liam was in dire need of more moss. Luckily, Gren brought plenty back.

"Eat, Emily." Gren watched her shove another helping into her mouth. "Eat, baby, eat."

Emily managed to eat the entire pile within minutes. She carefully licked her fingers clean, leaned back and allowed the food to digest.

"God that was bloody delicious."

"Glad you all liked it."

Gren took the stick and continued to poke the fire. Emily stood back up, stretched and looked outside. The clouds from earlier were now heading in their direction. Sniffing the air, she could feel a change and pick up the wet earth smell. Even the creatures scurried along the floors and ran into the depths of their homes in either trees, roots or the ground.

"Rain is comin', Gren."

"I noticed that, too. We have plenty of wood in here for a fire."

"Is Swineheart comin' out here later?"

"No, that's tomorrow."

Emily turned back and sat back down next to Gren. Since arriving to the cave, he remaind in his true form. It never bothered Emily; it was actually a marvelous sight to see him comfortable and able to be himself. Emily was brought back to the very first time she saw Gren in his true form. A bully was picking on Emily because of how she spoke. Emily could not help it. Her father spoke in such a way and it felt so right to Emily.

Walking home, the girl gained up on Emily, tried taking her books and slammed her into the mud. Emily was a fighter, no doubt and did her best in regards to self defense. She was the daughter of Georgie Porgie. There was fire in that belly and Emily was not afraid to show it. Unfortunatly, the girl was much stronger and a bit larger, too. Before she could impale Emily with her fist, Gren arrived to take over where Emily had left off.

Although one eye was swollen shut, she could make out a large, white beast chasing her bully down. Emily heard the girl beg for mercy and vow to leave Emily alone. Upon further inspection, Emily noticed it was Gren; she could not forget his distinct voice and witty personality. Scooping the injured girl up, Gren returned to his glamoured self and did his best to fix Emily up.

"Turn back, Gren."

"What sweetie?"

"Turn back....into ya' true self. Please.....fa' me?"

Emily remained on the floor, cuddling close to Gren. She adored her monster than and even now, stuck in a murky cave.

"Ya' gunna stay like this until the babies are born?"

Gren beams. "I thought you liked when I remained in my true form?"

"I do! Don't go 'bout now gettin' all cocky. It was just a question."

"Yes. I feel better this way, especially with you close to the due date."

Emily was still in denial that SHE was a mother. "Wow...I'll have four babies..."

Gren grabs her hand. "WE will have four babies. You and me."

Emily glared deep into his eyes; he blinked against the flickering lights of the flames, as she leaned closer. By now, the outside world was covered with thick clouds and soon, the music of the rain began. It trickled down the walls and dripped outside of the cave. Gren could not help but feel a peaceful moment of satisfaction. He was once a man simply wandering around, looking for anything; any form that would give him the sense of feeling alive. Now, here it was.

Gren takes his hand and carefully places it on Emily's face.

"I love you so much, Emily."

"I love ya' too, Gren."

Yawning, Gren carried Emily to the nest. Vivian moves to the side and sits beside the fire. Smiling at a very tired Emily, she strokes her hair as Gren covers her body with the skins. emily snuggles deep into the leaves and before long, is fast asleep. Gren lays beside her, wraps a mighty arm around Emily and watches as she sleeps.

"My Emily....my sweet, beautiful Emily...."

The rain continues outside and throughout the night. Gren remains beside Emily while she snuggles close to his chest. He places his hand on her stomach and feels his children move inside.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3

• I love those pictures!! :D how precious are those babies!! Chloe is too cute, love me some Viviana and little Liam and Seraphina! <3 I did notice Liam has his left arm. Not sure if you made a mistake or if you'll keep it. Also the other pic looks JUST like a Fables cover!!! I lock the passion you captured between them.

I loved this chapter. I agree with Lupine when he mentions you must have a book about Grendels and their mating rituals and baby care. I love this!! The attention to detail and setting of the cave. Pregnant Emily sneaking bits of the meat. <3 and Vivian watching over Emily is too precious. :) I'm looking forward to the birth!

I have a feeling we are going to get babies REAL soon!! :D oh I can't for them!!

Emily awoke from her nap alone and still in the nest. The fire was slowly dying down; the burning embers were now an orange color mixed with

• Essentially, Mary 'Inherited' the control over the monsters in the mirror, now that her father is finally officially gone. That's why they weren't being attacked, but rather helped by them :)

Hmm, 'Queen Mary'. The four of them absolutely wiped the floor with Charles and his minions! Could the chanting of 'Queen Mary' mean that Mary has dominion over the things in the mirror? Certainly seems that way!

• Well, I got the idea of it from one of the later story arcs of the comics. A certain character defeats another character by trapping them in a box. If you want more explanation, DM me :)

I always imagined them whispering their loyalty all creepy like but mega epic as well, you know?

Wow, so in order to 'stop' Charles for good was to entrap him inside a box. It kind of sounds like Jumanji except, that it isn't a board gam

• I haven't read the last few chapter YET but I just wanted to say, EMILY LOOKS FREAKIN' COOL WITH HER HAIR DOWN! AND HOLDING THE BABIES MAKES HER LOOK SO MOTHERLY, YOUR KILLING ME PIE!

Emily awoke from her nap alone and still in the nest. The fire was slowly dying down; the burning embers were now an orange color mixed with

• Yes. Gremily and their sweet little angels. :) Seraphina, Chloe, Liam and Viviana. <3 I was trying to aim for the FABLES look.

Well, I try. :) I wanted to make Gren's word special and add my own little take on his kind. Seemed like something they would do. Despite his apperance, Gren is a sweetheart under it all. AND to answer your last question, I DID mess up on Liam; I'll make amental note that his left arm is missing. :P YAY! Babies soon!

I love those pictures!! how precious are those babies!! Chloe is too cute, love me some Viviana and little Liam and Seraphina! I did notic

• Don't worry 'bout it, Ems. :) We have all been pretty busy with school, work and what not. I'm keeping her hair down and agree she does look freakin' cool like this. :D

And I'm still getting used to the idea that Emily is a mother-to-be but with each passing moment, I look forward to those four bundles of cuteness. Almost! When the time comes, I'll give each of the kids their own little bio. Although they are not here yet, I'm just too excited NOT to show them off! :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

I haven't read the last few chapter YET but I just wanted to say, EMILY LOOKS FREAKIN' COOL WITH HER HAIR DOWN! AND HOLDING THE BABIES MAKES HER LOOK SO MOTHERLY, YOUR KILLING ME PIE!

• The whole "getting-trapped-inside-the box-thing" reminded me of those two movies, is all. Besides, I was kidding. XD

I don't know what DM means, but I'll PM you about it since I'm curious! And hell yeah, it would make sense too.

EMMYPESS posted: »

Well, I got the idea of it from one of the later story arcs of the comics. A certain character defeats another character by trapping them in

• Hmm, so Brannigan has recognised Bigby but is playing it cool... Wonder what she's up to? Though, maybe she doesn't know for herself yet! Dewitt's guilt is obviously quite hard for him to deal with at the moment, but at least Mary understands, and Makoto is there to help. :)

Like a dream come true That night at the trip trap... "Ross what the fuck is wrong with you?" Gren said Ross looked terrified when

• Jan Challenge

Jan 4th, oh I don't care what time. It's early!

.....Because I have no idea what we're heading to.....

Alt text

picture made my @pudding_pie Thanks again, man. :)

Exhausted, hungry and a little horny, Robert sat on the edge of the seat and watched the others. Lyla and Harmony sat in the back, chatting away about God knows what. Draco, like always, avoided any conversation and peered out the window. Seemed the city streets were a bit more appealing to the eyes than a couple of drunk, messy individuals.

Tez and Gren were currently in a thumb war competition. By the look on his face, Gren was losing. Mr. Weasel, who remained quiet and aware of the rather large beast beside him, perched himself on Tez's shoulder and watched Robert. Makato, still jamming away on his boombox, bobbed his head, snapped his fingers and was trapped in his own little world.

They were all heading back to Rose Red's party. Tez was certain she'd continue the festivities, even into the wee morning hours and beyond. Harmony was still focused on returning to her husband and children. Robert couldn't blame her; he worried about his son and how he'd react to an empty apartment and his father not home. Lyla chuckled and seemed to find it humerous if Georgie was passed out, naked and drunk. To be honest, Robert found that amusing all on itself.

Draco was still hushed, even as the group carried on small talk. Gren, losing for the tenth time, folds his hands and avoids any further play time with Tez.

"The matter, Gren." Tez leans closer. "You mad cause you lost, eh old pal?"

"Fuck off, dragon breath."

"Stop." Robert kicks his brother's foot. "Enough. Don't start."

"I'm not startin' nothing, Robert. Just making a statement."

Lyla rests her arms on an empty seat in front of her. "Just shut the fuck up, Gren. Ain't no one got time for your ass."

Gren turns to face Lyla. "Who the fuck asked you anyways, Wolf? Here-if I toss you a treat, think you can shut the fuck up?"

Lyla smirks. "Oh, a dog joke-REAL original there, Gren."

"Guys-" Robert stands up. "Stop, now-"

"WHY Robert. Your brother and I are JUUUUUST talking, RIGHT Gren buddy ol' pal?"

Gren chcukles. "See. I'm loving this fucking girl right now! Still wonderin' if ya' prince charming is at the party, Lyla?" Gren stands up and extends his arm and begins to sing. "Some day my prince will come-"

Lyla points her finger at Gren. "Suck it, Grendel!"

Gren simply folds his arms and cracks a crooked grin. "Nah....that's Emily's job...."

"OOOOH!" Draco claps. "Oh, shit Lyla. What you going to do!?"

Tez tries to make is way towards Lyla. He can sense the intense change in the air; Robert must have noticed it, too, for he grabbed Gren and tried holding him back. Harmony, now on her feet, did her best to calm Lyla down.

"Ignore him, Lyla." Harmony grabs Lyla's hand. "Just....sit down-"

"Yeah..." Gren peeks over Robert's shoulder. "Like what Emily did in the bathroom at the party-"

"I'LL KILL YOU!!" Lyla jumps over Harmony. "I'LL KILL YOU!!"

The bus driver notices the comotion in the back. "HEY! Knock it off back there or I'll kick you ALL off!"

"STOP!" Robert tries once more to grab Gren. "Enough!"

Tez and Weasel do their best to calm Lyla down; Harmony was having a difficult time and needed the extra help. Draco snatched Makato's boombox and turned on the music. Makato was concerned.

"Ummmm, is this normal, Draco?"

"Yup." Draco sits back, boombox in lap. "Enjoy the show."

Gren and Lyla could not be contained. She jumps over Harmony and the others and begins to tackle Gren. They roll to the front, fist swinging around.

"HEY!" The busdriver looks down. "I mean it! Stop and-"

"Fuck you, Gren!"

"YEAH, fight me! I know see were Emily gets her fiestyness from!"

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Robert leaps forward, grabs Gren's leg and tries to pull back.

"God damnit-HELP!"

Weasel scurries and weaves around the others. He tries to jump on Lyla's shoulder, grab her hair and tug to grab her attention. With a foreceful movement, he manages to snatch a handful but it was not enough to stop her. Before long, the bus came to a hault.

"OUT!" The drive points to the door. "All of you-"

"No, no, no, no sir, wait!" Robert grabs the man's arm. "Just, please! They are drunk and-"

The bus suddenly stops. "Out!"

Robert grabs his brother, still kicking and screaming. Tez, Harmony and Draco take Lyla and force her out of the bus. Makato is the last, as the doors close and the bus drives away. Robert looks around; they were five blocks from the party's location.

"Well, looks like we are walking the rest of the way, now aren't we guys?"

Gren spits out some blood. "She fucking started it-"

"Shut UP, Gren!" Robert slaps his brother's face. "Shut.....up..."

"Well, we better get going." Lyla adjusts what's left of her dress. "I need to get back..."

Weseal, still perched on Lyla's shoulder, began stroking her face. "Relax, me dear. Ya' gettin' all worked up."

"Prick. Good thing my Emily-"

"Is the sunshine in his bloody rainstorm, love."

The group walked down the dirty, busy streets of New York. The light gleaming brightly in the distance.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`,

Any questions or comments, you know what to do. :)

• Aww, Liam's looks very tired with that yawn! And as for that picture on the right - absolutely excellent! It's a great style. :)

As for the chapter, Emily's natural instincts are acting very well; and though I don't think there's any danger anyway, knowing that Gren - and Vivian - is there to protect her must be very comforting. :)

• Direct message. Same thing, lol XD

The whole "getting-trapped-inside-the box-thing" reminded me of those two movies, is all. Besides, I was kidding. XD I don't know what DM means, but I'll PM you about it since I'm curious! And hell yeah, it would make sense too.

• That picture is brilliant! XD

There were quite a few lines I found funny in this one, such as the opening one, Lyla pointing at Gren and telling him to 'suck it', and Draco's brief chat with Makoto about sitting back and enjoying the show. :D Thank goodness Lyla and Gren put aside their animosities in the future, for the sake of Emily if no one else!

Jan Challenge Jan 4th, oh I don't care what time. It's early! .....Because I have no idea what we're heading to..... picture ma

• Jesus, that must've been some grade-A moss! XD

Loved the pictures as usual (especially the right). Is that a tattoo of Nick on Emily's right shoulder as well? And I'm confuzzled on which baby is which.

• I don't think she wants to start a huge uprising at least not yet, what she's up to though is a secret ;) Dewitt is facing a lot right now and some day hopefully he'll pull through with both Mary and Makotos help :D

Hmm, so Brannigan has recognised Bigby but is playing it cool... Wonder what she's up to? Though, maybe she doesn't know for herself yet! De

• edited January 2015

Y'know, I'm really glad pudding drew Tezoth the way he did in the bottom left corner. Because I know I haven't really described him at all when it comes to his appearance. (apart from his dragon eyes, his towering dragon self, and those two drawings I made of him last year)

So, in other words, tell pudding I applaud his effort for doing what he could for my character, and for including Tez's actual dragon eyes this time! :D

(FYI: this story of yours is still on its amazing streak, keep at it!)

Jan Challenge Jan 4th, oh I don't care what time. It's early! .....Because I have no idea what we're heading to..... picture ma

• edited January 2015

Grendels and their moss. xD With a tad of salt, hear its the bomb. But, those are just rumors....

Well thank ya' very much, Dragon. :) Yes, that is Nick tattooed on her shoulder and the babies go like this: Liam is the only boy, the blonde haired one is Viviana, Chloe is the wolf pup and Seraphina looks like Gren with a pink bow. :)

Jesus, that must've been some grade-A moss! XD Loved the pictures as usual (especially the right). Is that a tattoo of Nick on Emily's right shoulder as well? And I'm confuzzled on which baby is which.

• Lyla points her finger at Gren. "Suck it, Grendel!"

Gren simply folds his arms and cracks a crooked grin. "Nah....that's Emily's job...."

This. All of this. I nearly died laughing. xD xD xD And Draco. I like how you made him the 'whatever; guy in this. Everyone else, though. Tez tries so hard to calm everyone down. Applaude for that, my good Dragon. :) And Mr. Weasel with Lyla. Tries so hard; must be the accent that calms her down.

• I applaud his effort for doing what he could for my character, and for including Tez's actual dragon eyes this time! :D

I'm pleased to hear that, Tez. I DID remember the last one and totally forgot the eyes. xD Happy to know you did like it. :D It's always a challenge drawing someone else's characters. Fun at the same time, too. :)

Y'know, I'm really glad pudding drew Tezoth the way he did in the bottom left corner. Because I know I haven't really described him at all w

• A few days later...

Ava was typing on her laptop. She was sitting in her sister's house, keeping an eye on the girls while Hans worked. Carter was at the hospital with his mother for the time being, keeping her company in this time of disarray. The only thing Ava could do to help was lend a watchful eye to the two blond haired girls playing with barbie dolls, and the strange pale skinned boy who would rather watch the news. She was typing an essay, since after the whole debacle she'd gotten in had finally woken her up to the reality she was facing: She could die, at any moment. Sure, being a Fable meant you lived long. But a single moment could take her life in a second. She was starting school up again, but decided against doing public school. Instead, she was taking online classes, under the mundane alias of Jenny Carter. Her nephew had picked the last name, obviously.

She tapped the keys at an alarming rate, being rather educated in the functions of a computer. Of course, this laptop was older than dinosaur crap, so she would be saving her money she earned at the Lucky Pawn for a new one. And, she planned on gifting this old one to good ole' Jersey Devil. Boy, won't he be happy.

It still hadn't quite sunken in. The only prominent memories that stood out were watching at the bottom of the stairs as her sister destroyed her father. Her father. It didn't quite sit well in her stomach, calling him that. She realized now, that she had been wrong. He never regretted abandoning them. But he definitely wanted to use her and Jackson, for a purpose that was thankfully avoided. And then there was Bella, the crazy colored shiny demon girl who went through the portal with Jian-min. She was up at the Farm at the moment, dealing with things on her own.

Jian-min. His image was burned in her mind, like a tattoo. She would never forget his face, even if she never saw him again. Of course, he would be leaving in a few more days, back to the Chinese Fabletown. She was going to miss him desperately. After all that had happened, the most memorable thing she could think of him was watching him look at her, with his bright eyes and easy going attitude. When he'd kissed her spontaneously...it was something she had no time to give any thought to. And now, now that she was at peace for a time, and had time to think the rest of her life through, she felt herself going back to that single moment. How much did that kiss mean? She finished typing another paragraph.

Ava looked up, checking on the children. Oh no. One was missing.

"Rachel, where's Eleanor?" She asked, her head whipping toward the ceiling, then on either side of her. Rachel just shrugged and smiled, turning her eyes back down toward her dolls.

Ava shot up from the couch, searching under some pillows that lay strewn on the ground. There was no sign of the younger girl. She walked down the hallway, to the bedrooms. There was no activity in there. Lastly, she entered the kitchen. Just when the panic began to sky rocket, it all came out with a relieving sigh. She was in the kitchen. Standing on a stool, with the house phone to her ear.

"Eleanor, get down before you hurt yourself!" Ava yells, walking over. Eleanor quickly hangs the phone up and jumps down, sending a tremor across the kitchen floor.

Ava rolls her eyes. "And you were you calling, exactly?"

"Noooo one." Eleanor teases. She runs off, and Ava cranes her neck to look at the clock on the wall. It's nearly bed time for the children. She reenters the living room, handing each child one cookie from the cookie jar, and herds them down the hall into their respective bedrooms.

She takes the girls into the bathroom, handing them their toothbrushes. Rachel still talks even with toothpaste in her mouth, brushing her teeth while telling Ava that tomorrow is show-and-tell in school, and that she was going to bring in that necklace she got for her birthday.

Eleanor, on the other hand, brushed for about 0.3 seconds, spit the paste out, and washed it all out with water before darting to her room. Ava perked her eyebrow, but figured she just didn't like brushing her teeth.

Franklin entered the bathroom, already changed into his Ironman Jammies, with a comic book in one hand and his own special tooth brush in the other.

"My fangs are sensitive," He told Ava as he waited for Rachel to finish. "So I have extra soft bristles on this brush. And I make sure I hide it, because the girls try to trade tooth brushes sometimes. It's nasty."

Ava agreed, and decided that was something she would talk to Mary about next time she saw her. She followed Rachel to the girl's room and let Franklin have his privacy. Eleanor was jumping on her bed when they entered the room, a teddy bear in one hand and her blankie in the other.

"Calm down," Ava said, but was chuckling softly. She tucked Eleanor in as soon as she landed on her butt, pulling the purple star covered blankets over her tiny legs and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Eleanor giggled. "Night Aunty Ava."

Ava eyed her suspiciously. "Why are you laughing?"

She laughed again. "You'll see!"

Ava was intensely curious. She brushed it away though, for a moment, and tucked Rachel in, who was decked out with unicorn pajamas and was clutching her new unicorn stuffed animal in one hand. Ava kissed her forehead too, then turned the lights out and closed the curtains to block out the city light from their bedroom. She crossed the hall, to Franklin and Carter's room, and found the boy sitting up in bed with a book. He had his night lamp on and was already under the covers.

"Goodnight," She said from the doorway, with a smile. "Don't stay up too long reading, okay?"

Franklin smiled shyly and nodded. He looked back down at his comics and continued reading. Had something about 'zombies' on the cover of it.

With the children in bed, Ava was free to do much of whatever she wanted. She pulled chips from the pantry, pouring them into a bowl. Sour cream and onion, her favorite. She also grabbed a soda, placing the bowl on one side of her on the couch and the soda on the end table. Her laptop sat open on the coffee table, but she was content with just watching television and winding down for the night. She got through approximately fifteen minutes of The Big Bang Theory before she heard a conspicuous knock on the door.

"Must be Carter," She half mumbled out loud. She could have sworn he had a key, though. Her fingers rolled over the handle and she pulled the door open and-

"Hey," He smiled. It was Jian-min.

Ava's face flushed white. She was suddenly self conscious of every decision she'd just made, from snacking on fatty foods to watching sitcoms late at night instead of finishing her report. Her throat constricted and she felt as if she couldn't make a peep.

"Could I....come in? Is this a bad time, I...uh.."

"No, no," She said. "No this is fine. Come in, please." Ava stepped out of the way and watched as he passed her through the door. His hair glistened in the hallway's light. She followed behind him to the living room, whose only source of light was that coming from the TV.

"This is Mary's house?" He asked, eyeing it over.

"Yeah...uhm..." Ava said.

"I'm oddly disappointed at the lack of sacrificial podiums and altars."

Ava laughed. "She's grown out of that sort of child's play. Plus, she has young children. Um...what caused you to come over, anyway?"

"What do you mean? You called me-"

Ava suddenly realized what had happened. That little brat. Well, she wasn't that much of a brat. Her voice manipulating skills have been improving astronomically, it seemed. All of Mary's children had one unique trait or power that was a sort of 'bonus' to what they could already do. Carter's was shape-shifting, to an extent. Rachel could control emotional waves. She often made people happier than they should be, because she was only ever happy herself. And Eleanor could imitate other people's voices. She must have figured out how to contact Jian-min, and called him over.

After thinking for a minute, Ava recovered herself. "Right! Um, remind me...what did I tell you?"

Jian looked confused. "You just asked me...to come over?"

She nodded. "Right. Do you wanna hang out for a....bit?"

He smiled. "That was the plan, I assume."

They both plopped onto the couch. She unmuted her TV show and for a little while, it was entertaining. Together they munched on chips, she shared her soda with him, and everything felt all right in the world. Ava actually felt happy herself, being close to Jian-min, and knowing that her issues were momentarily gone. This must be how Jackson felt about Scarlett. She understood now, why he had changed so much. It was love that did it.

She found herself leaning tiredly on Jian-min's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her, accommodating her against his side. She felt herself drifting softly to sleep under his arm. He smelled like soap and cologne. Eventually, he had shifted and they were both lounging across the couch, no longer paying attention to the TV, but to each other. Talking softly, so as to not wake the children up in the rooms next door. She played with his eye brows, running her fingers across them and giggling. They talked about nonsense, about their childhood. About the past few days. It came spilling out like a river. The only thing that startled them was when Hans and Carter came barreling through the door at nearly twelve at night.

Ava sat up, stretching her arms. "Hey Hans."

Hans smirked. "There wasn't any trouble, right?"

"Nothing too severe," She said sarcastically. "The girls were good. Franklin is always an angel. It was good. I'll be going, then."

"Goodnight, travel home safely," Hans said. Carter hugged Ava, then headed to his room. He looked as exhausted as Hans did. Even though Mary was okay, it was still worrying that she had to be in the hospital. She would be discharged soon, though. Then, things would be normal again.

Jian-min followed Ava out the door. He offered to walk with her home, which she certainly wouldn't object to. The air was cold, but not as cold as the past few nights have normally been. They walked down the street in silence, approaching her apartment quicker than she wanted them too.

They reached her stairs. She sat for a moment, on the cold rock, and urged Jian to sit next to her. Their knees brushed together, sending chills up her spine. She was leaning on him again, but instead, they were staring at the apartment across the street.

"I'm going to miss you," He whispered into her ear. She tensed from the warmth of his breath, as it brushed over her cheek.

"I already miss you," She replied. She lifted off of him and looked at his face. He had so much beauty in it, so much grace. And she was so plain. So ordinary. Her cold fingers reached up and brushed a lock of his messy hair out of the way.

They kissed. It was unclear on who made the move first. But their lips were locked, there on the stony steps of her apartment building. Ava's heart raced as her pulled her close, their noses touching, their kisses going from the lips to each other's necks and back again.

"Don't go," She said desperately. "Please."

"I have to," He whispered back to her. "But I'll be back in no time. I have as many ties here as I do at home. I won't be gone for long. I promise."

She felt tears behind her eye lids. "Jian-min?"

"Mmm?" He said, his lips brushing her cheek again.

"I think I love you."

He smiled kissing her lips once more. "I think I love you, too."

And that was it. They stood, and parted, and Ava went home, and she watched from her apartment's window as he traveled down the street. She had to focus on school now, on establishing herself more. But one day, they would be together, and that would be the day she felt entirely whole again.

I haven't written in a few days, due to being busy and actually writing something else (It's on my google docs, a story inspired by the books I have been reading. It's about Vampires but it's not cheesy like Twilight it's actually good in my opinion and there's already three chapters and approximately twenty pages of writing. I'm a geek XD)

I decided to wrap it up. I'll be doing more generic chapters, brushing up with other characters, now that Charles is gone for good. I'll be visiting Mary more often than others, because I have more explaining over there to do, to clear things up and such. Harmony will make more appearances ^-^ Her and the babies and Tim :) Plus their other children, too. And Scarlett! I'd say she's about due soon, if you catch my drift ;) THAT chapter will be out shortly. Not today, but very, very soon :) So get excited!

• edited January 2015

Harmony XD I'm so sorry you got stuck in this situation XD The picture is great! The whole thing was great! Keep it coming, I love it XD

EDIT: I realized that you gave her a Hello Kitty phone case, and I literally own one for my iPhone too XD That's amazing!

• Uh-huh, I can see why! I still remember the one drawing you made for him and Rose Red, that particular one was awesome too. :)

I applaud his effort for doing what he could for my character, and for including Tez's actual dragon eyes this time! I'm pleased to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.