Rodrik vs. Asher

Found it very interesting when Lady Forrester mentioned how she thought Asher had no wish or want to rule House Forrester. I think with Rodrik's apparent return from the dead a feud between both he and Asher will escalate pretty quickly between the two early on and often throughout episode 2 and this whole 1st season for control of House Forrester.

Since we will most likely be able to control both characters we will have to choose a side sooner or later when it comes to Rodrik versus Asher just like we had to when we all chose Duncan/Ser Royland for Sentinel.

What are your guys' thoughts about my thinking?

Comments

• There won't be any fight over who rules house Forrester with Rodrick and Asher, if Rodrick was to return, Rodrick will rule house Forrester since he is the eldest son of Gregor, it's his right to rule.

• That wouldn't stop from adding tension though.

Green613 posted: »

There won't be any fight over who rules house Forrester with Rodrick and Asher, if Rodrick was to return, Rodrick will rule house Forrester since he is the eldest son of Gregor, it's his right to rule.

• You don't think the temperamental and rebel Asher wouldn't try and take over?

There won't be any fight over who rules house Forrester with Rodrick and Asher, if Rodrick was to return, Rodrick will rule house Forrester since he is the eldest son of Gregor, it's his right to rule.

• I doubt Asher would try that, we don't exactly know how rebellious he is. Plus I'm pretty sure the Forrester soldiers would go with Rodrick since Rodrick actually has a claim to rule, unlike Asher.

You don't think the temperamental and rebel Asher wouldn't try and take over?

• Who knows yet?

Telltale. :]

Who knows yet? We'll find out next episode.

• Who knows yet?

We'll find out next episode.

I doubt Asher would try that, we don't exactly know how rebellious he is. Plus I'm pretty sure the Forrester soldiers would go with Rodrick since Rodrick actually has a claim to rule, unlike Asher.

• The big problem with this kind of conflict would be how they're (apparently) both playable characters. How would they interact with one another if we had only been always been controlling them individually up to that point?

• Rodrik is lord, Asher is his Sentinel who provides an alternative opinion on matters. Problem solved.

• Asher wouldn't want to be lord because he has no interest in that stuff, lady forrester said so.

• You really believe Asher feels that way? I have a hard time believing that

seanstin posted: »

Asher wouldn't want to be lord because he has no interest in that stuff, lady forrester said so.

• Everyone loves power.

seanstin posted: »

Asher wouldn't want to be lord because he has no interest in that stuff, lady forrester said so.

• If Rodrik and Asher are both playable characters in Season 1, I don't see how an interaction between the two would work out. Also, Asher probably won't make it to Westeros for a few episodes, more than likely.

• edited January 2015

I honestly don't think Asher will come back to Ironrath this season at least. Last episode shows Dany for one thing, and the supposed return of Rodrik makes it seem like we might not need him.

If Asher and Rodrik both return to Ironrath, then of course Rodrik would take the title of Lord as its his by rights. Lady Forrester even said Asher had no interest in such things and much like Ethan, I don't think he would take the position of Lord unless it was forced into his hands.

So yeah, doubt that there will be bloodshed over something as Lord of the House. I think Asher and Rodrik are both too smart for that, no matter how you "play" them.

• Rodrik's dead dude. If he isn't then that is a serious plot hole.

• Can't wait to see your reaction to next episode.

Rodrik's dead dude. If he isn't then that is a serious plot hole.

• Oh believe me I will be pissed off.

Can't wait to see your reaction to next episode.

• edited January 2015

I don't think his return will be too far-fetched...

Oh believe me I will be pissed off.

• edited January 2015

I do think Asher is going to return to Ironrath either next episode or the next, considering the first episode made a point of sending someone to get him. I know he's pretty far away, but it would make little sense from a writing standpoint to do that if they had no plans of actually bringing him to the location.

I'm assuming Asher is going to want to fsu upon return, which would likely contrast to how Rodrick (if he is in fact alive) will want things to be handled.

• I'll tell you I told you so.

Oh believe me I will be pissed off.

• I think Asher is going to return before Rodrik, and will be dead before Rodrik makes it back. Asher may be a bad@ss, but I have a feeling he is going to go Leroy Jenkins.

• Let's just say you were close ;)

• Alt text

JakeSt123 posted: »

Rodrik is lord, Asher is his Sentinel who provides an alternative opinion on matters. Problem solved.

• edited July 2015

My opinion for choosing either Rodrick or Asher

let RODRICK live : it is the most satisfied choice if u want to get revenge; kill Gryff and Ludd. Save Ryon, get married with Eleana and change the title given by his enemy "Rodrick the RUINED" to something better. He is a dependable, brave and tough lord although his body is not in good condition.

let ASHER live : it is the most relevant and logical choice after what he had done by recruiting fighters and wait help from Malcom, Daenerys and DRAGON. Beshka and the fighters will also follow him as a leader. It is time for him to take the lord role and take revenge for his father, Rodrick and Ethan. He has interesting character; funny, charming, self-confidence and a good fighter.

• Kill Ramsey Snow?

Alt text

My opinion for choosing either Rodrick or Asher let RODRICK live : it is the most satisfied choice if u want to get revenge; kill Gryff a

• It's unfortunate for Asher that Dany is never returning to Westeros. Ever. The dragons aren't Dany's anymore than they are mine or Asher's, they don't obey/serve her they just exist in the same area. Malcom won't return unless he abandons Dany, and with her (lack of) leadership skills he'll likely die in her service.

My opinion for choosing either Rodrick or Asher let RODRICK live : it is the most satisfied choice if u want to get revenge; kill Gryff a

• There ain't gonna be no fight between them. You choose which one of them has to die in episode 5, & i'm pretty sure the one you chose to die ain't coming back.

• haha..so ramsey snow cant be killed? that is dissapointing..

FetchWalker posted: »

Kill Ramsey Snow?

• Because plot armor from the show.

haha..so ramsey snow cant be killed? that is dissapointing..

• It's an old thread from January.

• I'm pretty sure she will have Drogon under her control. And it would be very bad writing in my opinion if she never came to Westeros, other matter is how long will she survive and will her arrival mean anything for the characters of this game.

It's unfortunate for Asher that Dany is never returning to Westeros. Ever. The dragons aren't Dany's anymore than they are mine or Asher's,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.