Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

Comments

• Wait and see you misbegotten infidel

Tommen true Iron king

• I'm not a fanboy of Telltale Games but I certainly enjoy them I just wish they would get their finger out of their bots and give us the second episode of game of thrones maybe if they gave us date to check back On the Psn there would be less complaining as usual it's slightly a let down waiting to play this game but that's telltale for you polishing game before releasing episode two at least it wasn't overhyped

• edited January 2015

The wait for this game is still like any other Telltale game, about two months. I wouldn't expect it until late this month or early February, and remember, they're also working on Tales From the Borderlands. Also welcome to the forums.

I'm not a fanboy of Telltale Games but I certainly enjoy them I just wish they would get their finger out of their bots and give us the seco

• Prior to Walking Dead, Telltale was pretty good at releasing episodes on a genuinely monthly basis. However, with Telltale's new choice based gameplay, they have to write longer scripts to account for player choices. (Even if the choices aren't always game altering on a large scale, keep in mind they have to account for each dialogue choice or silent moment...)

I imagine that Telltale is still working out on how to release episodes quicker and more efficiently with their new gameplay format, but I imagine Telltale will eventually get back to releases around a month and a half. Of course, I'm only a volunteer moderator with intuition as a fan and I'm not speaking on Telltale's behalf so take that with a grain of salt. ;)

I'm not a fanboy of Telltale Games but I certainly enjoy them I just wish they would get their finger out of their bots and give us the seco

• Gonna guess February 10th if they follow the usual 10 week release schedule they did with TWDG2.

• scaley? shireen?

• edited January 2015

I've to add that the episodes that were released on a tight monthly schedule, were often more buggy and unrefined (btw some delays happened even before TWD).

That said, I still disapprove the secret unspokable secrecy of the secretly secret percentage of completition of the episode in the making.
    Why they don't create a "loading-bar"-like thing that make us aware of things going on?

Prior to Walking Dead, Telltale was pretty good at releasing episodes on a genuinely monthly basis. However, with Telltale's new choice base

• Or simply he actually, really got luck.

A horse falling on your lower torso is hardly enough to kill someone outright. Not to mention we don't know what happened to Norren (and determinant on our choices, his squire). He may have saved him, dragging him away from the fight.

All I know is that he'll bve sporting a pretty huge scar on his face. We can see him getting the scar in the scene where the horse falls on him, in the half second the "camera" zooms on him.

We should've suspected that. Telltale wouldn't care to modify the face of a character that was supposed to appear for only a few seconds and then die

Agreed, they better have a fucking good explanation for his return.

• We already got that, with the duo Asher/Malcolm

ClemRanger posted: »

I reckon Rodrik will fulfill the "road movie" section of this GoT story. He will meet up with someone completely opposite to him and they wi

• this is the norm for telltale same thing happened with twd the wait is usually always 2 months and then when they get to the final episode it goes down to about 6 weeks plus like it or not we are gonna get borderlands episode 2 first

• Stop telling the truth, I need to find out what happens next in GoT way more than I do in Borderlands D:

Jewfreeus posted: »

this is the norm for telltale same thing happened with twd the wait is usually always 2 months and then when they get to the final episode it goes down to about 6 weeks plus like it or not we are gonna get borderlands episode 2 first

• January 27th with GTAV??

Legit.

Febreuary 3 with Tales from the Borderlands??

Lol, ultimately legit.

NukemDukem posted: »

January 27th or February 3rd 2015 is my guess

• Am I the only one noticing that he doesn't say "ton of upcoming TELLTALE games".
    Maybe he's just referring to a common enthusiasm of being at PAX playing new games of other software houses.

OzzyUK posted: »

Telltale will be a PAX but it is currently unclear exactly what they will be doing there. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/556940792959225856

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I also noticed this as i wrote "it is currently unclear exactly what they will be doing there"

They might be there to talk about or show something but Job's tweet is pretty vague about what they might be there for. There are no panels that specifically mention Telltale on the PAX website but they might be talking at the "Partnering with Gearbox" panel.

Gearbox likes to let other developers play in its sandbox, but that process isn’t as simple as you might expect. Hear from developers at multiple studios as they discuss working on Gearbox franchises, dealing with time zone differences, and why some countries have weird names for food.

Am I the only one noticing that he doesn't say "ton of upcoming TELLTALE games". Maybe he's just referring to a common enthusiasm of being at PAX playing new games of other software houses.

• edited January 2015

but borderlands is boring

Jewfreeus posted: »

this is the norm for telltale same thing happened with twd the wait is usually always 2 months and then when they get to the final episode it goes down to about 6 weeks plus like it or not we are gonna get borderlands episode 2 first

• I'm not sure if you mean it's good or bad, but currently Telltale's Borderlands game is freaking awesome.

Endrik posted: »

but borderlands is boring

• edited January 2015

Alt text

Looks like we'll be getting news soon!

• Yes! It's about time! I wanna see Asher! :D

• I feel so conflicted. On hand, I want to watch the trailer, but on the other I would rather keep calm and wait for the episode to get released.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Here is a Trailer Countdown if anyone wants it, i also added it to the OP and it will be updated when the trailer gets released :)

• About time we got some news for Episode 2. I have to say, though, I'm surprised we get news for Game of Thrones before we get news for Tales from the Borderlands. Nevertheless, count me hyped. :D

• edited January 2015

Not really excited for the trailer. Telltale trailers are usually uneventful.

• I have my thoughts that episode 1 and episode 2 were the original episode 1. Telltale decided to give the game and story a better pacing and thus split it up. Maybe that's one of the reasons why we get episode 2 first before Tales from the Borderlands?

About time we got some news for Episode 2. I have to say, though, I'm surprised we get news for Game of Thrones before we get news for Tales from the Borderlands. Nevertheless, count me hyped.

• I beg to differ. Even though they don't show off much of the plot (as they should not), they still do a good job at getting people intrigued and showing off some good teasers in my opinion.

Not really excited for the trailer. Telltale trailers are usually uneventful.

• If they carry on the alternating episode releases from here, episode 5 of TFTB will be released after GOT episode 5 rather than have episodes 5 and 6 of GOT after the TFTB finale. I think this just allows the finales of both series to be released within a few weeks of each other rather than a few months.

I have my thoughts that episode 1 and episode 2 were the original episode 1. Telltale decided to give the game and story a better pacing and

• Second episode of GoT coming soon? Can't wait to see who's going to die next! Ha ha ha...

Ha ha...

cries

• My throat still hurts after what happened last time....

Pipas posted: »

Second episode of GoT coming soon? Can't wait to see who's going to die next! Ha ha ha... Ha ha... cries

• Finally some news!

• Cool. Not touching the trailer though as even things said to have no spoilers have tons of spoilers in them. Hopefully I can see the release date without any info springing up

• Just when I was thinking that news for episode 2 should be coming out soon... news of a trailer for tomorrow gets announced! Thank you, Telltale! :D Now the waiting intensifies.

• edited January 2015

That was rather to the point

My throat still hurts after what happened last time....

• edited January 2015

Episode 2 trailer tomorrow?

Alt text

• edited January 2015

Alt text

I've seen that unedited comment.

Episode 2 trailer tomorrow?

• edited January 2015

Episode 2 trailer?......Alt text

• Alt text

Episode 2 trailer?......

• New trailer? Guess you could say that's pretty...mind blowing.

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.