Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

Comments

• The actual trailer for episode 2 is actually only 20 seconds long, so I'm a bit disappointed. The rest of the trailer are shots from episode 1. But I guess we'll get another one, like with the first episode. At least we heard Asher speak for the first time. :P

A whole week? Damn....I don't know if I can keep myself from watching the trailer in that long time. Have anyone watched it? Was it good?

• That's the one i was referring to, who the heck is she other than a fellow merc?

Pipas posted: »

I guess he was talking to this gal.

• STUPIDITY

House Forrester is in disarray. Their liege lord and his heir are dead, and Ironrath is occupied by Whitehill soldiers. The survival of the

• Well, I've got something to occupy my mind while waiting for Borderlands.

Hue hue hue, just kidding, I like GoT too :P

• [removed]

House Forrester is in disarray. Their liege lord and his heir are dead, and Ironrath is occupied by Whitehill soldiers. The survival of the

• No one from the show or books, so we just have to wait and see.

That's the one i was referring to, who the heck is she other than a fellow merc?

• What is this? Where did you get it? How-?

:OOO

• Is European Playstation also Feb 3?

• Was hoping for a longer trailer, but I am sufficiently excited for the 3rd. I don't know too much about GoT lore from the books and show, but I am probably most looking forward to Gared's time at the wall. Asher looks like he will be fun though.....

• Telltale made a similar "First Look" trailer for Episode 1 before later premiering another "Full Length" trailer. Think of this as more of an appetizer than a normal trailer.

ElJacko posted: »

Was hoping for a longer trailer, but I am sufficiently excited for the 3rd. I don't know too much about GoT lore from the books and show, but I am probably most looking forward to Gared's time at the wall. Asher looks like he will be fun though.....

• Asher flipping tables. I'm sold.

• It would seem so. Telltale usually goes out of their way to specify PSN NA and EU whenever there is a difference, so I assume that both regions share the same date. Moderators are only community volunteers and not Telltale staff members with advanced knowledge, so our guess is good as yours.

hansen82 posted: »

Is European Playstation also Feb 3?

• edited January 2015

[removed]

• The voice actor is Alex Jordan, his tiwtter -> https://twitter.com/AEJORDAN
    He favorited my tweet in which I said how excited I am for episode 2 (he doesn't follow me), shows how excited he is for this project! :D

I don't know about the voice actor or how will they bring back Rodrik but I think Asher was either talking to Malcolm or the mercenary woman that is shown later in the trailer (in the table throwing scene).

• Now I'm hearing Tywin shouting in my head: "Stupidity! Madness and stupidity!"

STUPIDITY

• Jon freaking Snow! That is all :P

• I take it you haven't read the books.

Endrik posted: »

Shhh..it's ok...She'll die soon, and we'll never hear of her again

• I bet he knows more nothing in the game then the nothing he already knows in the show.

Jon freaking Snow! That is all :P

• I really hope this episode doesn't get me all choked up like it did last time

That was rather to the point

• edited January 2015

Can't wait for two whole weeks! This episode already looks like it is gonna be cool + that tweet from Job also makes me agree that this is gonna be a good one :D

Just hope Tales from the Borderlands fans could be more respectful. I want Ep.2 of that as well but its not fair to trash this game over something ridiculous like an episode release.

Extra: @Green613 you think you can make a countdown for the episode like you did for the trailer thread the other day and ask a mod to post it in the thread description?

• Lol ik it would get some stares so I edited it XD

I've seen that unedited comment.

• how much better the first episode of borderlands was

Opinion, I found Game of Thrones Ep.1 better mainly because of how much I love the show/books. Apart from that, then yeah, I agree that he shouldn't have said Borderlands is "shit pickles" or "boring" because its really funny/exciting XD

Jewfreeus posted: »

i'm just gonna go off your original reply but borderlands is shit pickles well i guess that makes game of thrones really really bad considering how much better received and how much better the first episode of borderlands was

• So, February 3rd eh? Not long to wait now!

Alt text

• Of course, only now when I switch from PS3 EU to PC they have PS3 EU coming out on the same date :-/ .

It would seem so. Telltale usually goes out of their way to specify PSN NA and EU whenever there is a difference, so I assume that both regi

• He also retweeted one of my Tweets :O

The voice actor is Alex Jordan, his tiwtter -> https://twitter.com/AEJORDAN He favorited my tweet in which I said how excited I am for episode 2 (he doesn't follow me), shows how excited he is for this project!

• edited January 2015

"You know nothing, Jon Snow": has become a catch phase. kit harington himself find its really annoying to listen to.

"I still don't know what that means, it annoys me more then anything. Like, every time it is said, it's like "What do you mean I know nothing?" It annoys me as much it annoys him (Jon Snow), and that's good for the character and the show. So yeah it dose annoys me." - Kit Harington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=engNdqcNMzo

that quote is from the end of this interview.

EDIT: the video won't play if you want to see the interview go to the link at below the video.

Green613 posted: »

I bet he knows more nothing in the game then the nothing he already knows in the show.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2015

Look on the bright side, if it's ever delayed again for PS3/4 EU then it won't be delayed for you. Not every episode will be delayed after all.

Of course, only now when I switch from PS3 EU to PC they have PS3 EU coming out on the same date :-/ .

• Well Game of thrones is becoming bigger and bigger. Honestly I want to wait a extra period of time, tell-tale have been a problem of rushing episodes to hurry projects along. This was seen in walking dead series 2 and wolf among us - the writing was off and the was plot points that were leaved out and never come back to.

Please people, bare in mind that tell-tale are working with people that run HBO game of thrones series. Also they are getting actors that we have seen on tv/movies. These actors from the show don't have a background in voice acting - we haven't seen their voices in game or animated shows. The fact that actors are coming to do THEIR voices for this game is a honour. Also that these actors are busy doing their own projects, also that right at the moment they would be busy with filming season 5 of the tv show that is coming out in April this year. Imagine doing all those stunts then coming to a studio and recording your lines, these people are out of their elements because they are comfortable to interact with other people saying their lines, in the studio they don't have that. Tell-tale has to work around all the timing for these actors projects. Lets show these people respect. Game of Thrones is a series that is big enough - everyone likes it or hates, but it a series that really, really shouldn't be rushed.

Can't wait for two whole weeks! This episode already looks like it is gonna be cool + that tweet from Job also makes me agree that this is g

• Well, that is a bit more than I was going for in my initial comment.

However, I completely agree that Game of Thrones is a delicate world that when handled properly can be fantastic and really shouldn't be rushed. At the same time though, I don't think Telltale is rushing through this series as of right now. They probably have planned for an Ep.1 and Ep.2 release so close due to the fact that Game of Thrones has an extra episode and it will fit better for their scheduling, or for some other reason that I don't really know of right now, or that the episode was just finished earlier than expected, or that it was finished right on schedule.

I also would not mind waiting longer for the episodes if it does mean they are at their highest quality, but at the same time I trust Telltale and HBO. I do agree still though that people can get frustrated with long episode waits but at the same time should respect Telltale if they take their time with an episode because it means they are doing their job and are doing it well, and this applies to all games.

Not really sure if what either one of us said was what either one of us was looking for in this conversation but I think we are agreeing on one thing that is clear: Longer waits = not always a bad thing.

Well Game of thrones is becoming bigger and bigger. Honestly I want to wait a extra period of time, tell-tale have been a problem of rushing

• Alt text

It's here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boY5jktW2Zk

• Yeah sorry about that, when I see a comment I like I tend to make a point then also my opinion and mix them together.

Same here, this series is big, if all the episodes are well written as the first episode and, the writers don't go back and change everything then tell-tale series is going to be amazing. No one dose like the long time periods but honestly its understandable, what this actors are doing now, this might be a fact that this series has longer time periods, because of the actor, then any of the other game series that tell-tale puts out.

Not really sure if what either one of us said was what either one of us was looking for in this conversation but I think we are agreeing on one thing that is clear: Longer waits = not always a bad thing.

Yeah I was just agreeing that, longer time periods isn't a bad thing, also that people should be more respectful in your original comment.

Well, that is a bit more than I was going for in my initial comment. However, I completely agree that Game of Thrones is a delicate world

• PC/Mac - February 3rd

Alt text

I was really expecting the 27th but at least we have a Release Date.

• So a two weeks wait ahead.... we'll probably get the longer trailer couple days before the release.

I wasn't thinking about the wall storyline that much before but this trailer really got me excited for those dialogues with Jon Snow. Also, can't wait to play Asher's POV. Well, that has been since the characters were first introduced but this trailer just increased the hype :D So, back to waiting........

• edited January 2015

Can't wait for two whole weeks! This episode already looks like it is gonna be cool + that tweet from Job also makes me agree that this is g

• I expected Asher's voice to be deeper. Eh... still I hope he gets something juicy :)
    Oh and come on, Roderick's return will be great, because they actually fking planned for him to return, if he does, unlike Kenny, who was reintroduced because people liked him for some reason.

• Lol everyone on the ign article about the GOT episode 2 trailer, asking for TWAU S2 lol

• I guess I'll go buy the first episode of this on the xbox one while I'm waiting.

• love conan. i think he's one of the best thing in u.s. and you guys are lucky to have him there.

15 minutes!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.