Raining 2 - Interactive Story (Completed)

Comments

• Thank you hopefully he gets more to do!

...Hmm...I would like to know what you mean...But in a PM...If you don't mind telling me.

[Sneak around the back of the shed and enter from there] As always, that was a great chapter! I loved that Vincent got to do something

• [Sneak around the back of the shed and enter from there]

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Episode 4 Chapter 2 Felix and Brandon pull on the lever doing everything they can to keep it from crashing onto the ground or the lake. "

• [Sneak around and enter from the back]

Great chapter, looks like their journey has started quite well...

Episode 4 Chapter 2 Felix and Brandon pull on the lever doing everything they can to keep it from crashing onto the ground or the lake. "

• Thank you, their good luck isn't going to last long...

mr.quality posted: »

[Sneak around and enter from the back] Great chapter, looks like their journey has started quite well...

• Sneak around the back of the shed and enter from there

Awesome!

• Awesome sauce!

finlander posted: »

Sneak around the back of the shed and enter from there Awesome!

• edited January 2015

Episode 4 Chapter 3

Felix waves his hand to Vincent as the two of them quietly walk to the back of the shed. Felix looks a the back of the shed and spots a loose panel on the shed, he pulls it back and it makes a loud cracking sound as it breaks away from the shed. Vincent and Felix stand completely still as they wait to see if the guard comes around the back. The guard appears to have not heard them and continues to stand by the front of the door. Felix enters the shed as Vincent stands on the outside with a worried look on his face, he looks at Felix and almost reluctantly follows him in the shed.

Felix finds someone tied with rope and a sack over his head, he quickly takes the sack off the figure's head and finds Nick, he had a large gash above his right eye and looked out of it. Felix and Vincent quickly begin to untie him and pull off all the ropes, his eyes start to slowly open and he quickly reacts by standing on his feet then putting his hand on his forehead.

"You really got the shit hit out of you" Felix said softly while eyeing the door to the shed.

"Fuckin' hurt...Fuck..." Nick mutters then he winces with pain as he feels the gash on his head.

"Try to stay quiet there's a guard outside of the shed. Do you know what happened to Brandon?" Felix asked while he cracked open the shed door looking at the guard as he stood in place without moving a inch. "Lets jump him, three of us vs him. He's only got a rifle...That won't really help him up close. I'll say we jump out of three, one, two...Three." Felix took no time to jump out and he had the guard on the ground in seconds, but it wasn't really a guard, it was just a scarecrow like prop.

"Well so much for jumping him, but look on the positive side; we got a rifle now." Vincent said jokingly with a smile, but his smile quickly turned upside down as he looked at the road ahead. It looked like a small town within the valley, the group quickly step inside the woods the lined the road and walked along it until they came to the town. They stood in the woods and were well hidden from anyone in the town, if there was anyone watching. This small town looked dead as hell, no signs of life at least not on the outside. The town had a few buildings that looked like they were used for homes, then in the center of the town was a well, but the thing that lowed the bucket in the water looked far to big for just buckets, and hanging from it was a figure tied in ropes with a sack over their head. They were hanging by their feet.

"Is that who i think it is?" Felix asked as he started to step out of the woods before stopping himself and quickly returning to it. "I bet everything that's Brandon, but stay hidden." Felix said while holding his hand out to get them to stay put.

"There aren't any dummy's here...Meaning they...Whoever put him there didn't want us to stay away from him...Let me see the time..." Vincent whispers then pulls out his watch to look at the time, it was no use, the watch was still spinning like there was no tomorrow.

"There's a clock tower, look" Nick points past the well and sure enough there it was, a clock tower. The hands on the clock where nearly all faced up. "Almost noon..." Nick remarks.

"Yeah...Just wait a minute...I'm gonna guess whoever tied him there will be coming out very soon..." Vincent said now with a very shaky voice, he wasn't sure about this as soon as it left his mouth. He thought something bad was going to happen if they didn't get Brandon out of there in time so he said it. "If they come out we need to act before-" Vincent is cut off by the sound of the clock tower's bell. He watches in horror as people start walking out of the buildings and stand around the well. They were men and women dressed in what looked like miners clothing. Their faces were very dirty being covered with dust and dirt, the same with their clothing. They was about 7 maybe 9 people standing around the well now.

"What the fuck...What. The. Fuck." Felix said while watching what unfunded. Then he remembered something that Vincent said on the plane after he found him in the compartment, something about what they said to Nick, something what made him try to attack them. "What did they say to you on the plane, Nick." Felix asks whispering very softly.

"They said something i couldn't understand...But one word...They said the name Lucas, they said Lucas..." Nick acts like he had forgotten about that himself, he looks up with fear in his eyes. "We gotta help Brandon." Nick said trying to stay quiet but really on the edge of what looked like a panic attack. "I...I need to..." Nick then pulls out a bottle of pills and quickly swallows it. He appears to have calmed down a little.

"We...We...We can't..." Felix said once again with a regretful tone in his voice. "Lucas is here...Something is fucked up about all of this...If we go out now and try to save him we'll just get in more shit then we need...We have to watch and see what happens..." Felix answer everyone before they can say a word. They look back at the well as the people take off the sack and sure enough it was Brandon. He hung upside down with what looked like duct tape wrapped around him mouth. One of the people held out a bucket of water and splashed Brandon with it. Brandon wakes up and starts freaking out trying to get out of the ropes to no eval.

He stops trying to get out and looks around the area, he sees Felix, Nick and Vincent hiding in the woods and starts freaking out again trying to get them to help. "Jesus...We gotta do something..." Vincent whispers to Felix.

"No...We can't help him...Even with the rifle, it only has one shot loaded in, it's a single fire rifle...There's too many of them here. We can't do anything to help him..." Felix said once more.

"What the fuck are you saying..." Nick replied.

"I'm saying we...We save are own skins by leaving him here...That's what I'm fuckin' saying!" Felix answered through gritted teeth doing everything he could to keep himself from yelling it at them. He felt like the devil for even thinking it, let alone saying it out loud, but he knew it he was right. But what he said seemed to keep everyone else from trying anything. But Brandon...He was doing everything he could to get them to help, he soon realized they weren't going to help him, so he started trying to yell to the people who did this to him. He started to wave his head to their hiding spot in the woods, but the people didn't seem to care about what he was trying to say. they started saying something in Latin "Non sunt illi exeuntes ... iam proxime inferiores" One them started lowing him in the well, Brandon stared into the dark abyss as he begins to twist and turn making himself hit the edges of the well, but all this did was nothing. His eyes started to pore with tears as he was lowed further into the well.

Everyone hiding in the woods stands still with fear. Nick was biting his hand with wide eyes as he looked in horror. Felix was feeling the worst feeling it could have ever felt while Vincent was breathing very heavily with his hand over his mouth and tears in his eyes. The one lowering Brandon continued to do so until what seemed like a minute had past, but then one of them looked right at them and shouted "Ibi in silva !" The others took no time to start running to them. The group starts running to the left and spot what looked like a church. "There!" Felix shouted. They all make a mad dash to the building and run inside quickly closing and locking the door behind them.

"What the fuck...What the fuck!" Nick shouted.

"Brandon..." Vincent looked at Felix with a cold eyes. "We just watched them lower him in to god knows what and we just stood in the sidelines as we fuckin' watched!" Vincent shouted at Felix. "We did nothing...And for what...Saving our own damn skins..." Vincent lowed the sound of his voice and then lowered himself beside the door, taking a seat on the floor. The miners outside bang on the door.

"His blood is on our hands..." Vincent mutters.

Nick and Felix look at Vincent as they starts to look around the church, it was odd church. Felix felt the death of Brandon was on his hand, it really was on his hands. And only his. He still knew the people would have still been to much for the 3 of them to handle, but it didn't make him feel any less guilty. He looked at the raised platform at the end of a long row of benches. The church was clearly some kind of cult's church.

"So...What do we know so far." Felix asked even though he knew a lot of what happened, he just wanted to go over everything again.

"Their miners, least that's how they dress...Then Lucas...Lucas is here..." Nick answers.

"Then i bet Sorcha and Laurel are here as well." Felix replies

"So...The people here are miners, the happy trio of killers are here somewhere...But if their miners...What the hell are they mining for?" Felix asked.

"When crashed landed here we were pulled or pushed into the valley...Something's not right about this, everything on the plane was going crazy, the controls, Vincent's watch...His watch is still spinning like that. Something's at work here, something tells me it's going to be really scary once we find out...What it was that did this." Nick answers.

"What ever is it...It fucking pulled us from the air...We'll dealing with something way over our heads." Felix replies with less then he wanted to say, he felt it was even bigger then what they were, something able to pull their plane out of the sky. That's something they wouldn't want to face up close. Then their was the whole thing about going to Europe, that must have been fake info left by Lucas, but they still ended up in the same place as Lucas. Then they have to deal with this crazy miner village that specks in Latin. What ever this thing was...It was powerful.

"You don't think it's-" Nick stops talking when he sees someone step out of a backroom and onto the platform. He was a African-American man with thin white hair he appears to be losing hair from old age, he had a relatively small white beard and glasses. They stood looking at each other for a few seconds before he started running back from the room he came from. Nick jumped onto the platform and yelled to him.

"Wait please!"

The man stopped but didn't turn to face them as Felix climbed onto the platform, the man turned to face them. Almost immediately the man held out his hand. Nick stopped in front of the man and stood there for a second, just about when Felix arrives Nick shakes the mans hand. He then holds his hand out for Felix to shake. "I'm Deago Meadows. Um..." The elderly man looked at them awkwardly as they introduced themselves.

"I'm Officer Felix Davis, this is Nick Wolfson the deputy, then over there is Vincent Harper. Mind telling us what the hell is going on here?"

"It's nice to meet you...Your not from around here are you." Deago looked at them and waited for a reply and was quickly met by Nick's voice. "Sir, we came into the valley when are plane was pulled from the damn sky, we were going after a boy by the name of Lucas who had killed a lot of people from are town. But it just so happens that he's here somewhere. Now please, tell us the story behind this place."

"Well...Alright. This place used to be a small and quiet town in the middle of nowhere, but then someone found a small stone tablet, it was odd for the area. It lead to more people looking around here to see if their were anymore of them. They started acting oddly, then it became more then looking for some odd treasure. It became a search for something buried deep in the ground. Then one night only a few weeks ago, the people mining started speaking in Latin...T-Then the only things i could make out was them saying the name "Lucas" and "Remnant". Whatever it is their looking for...They've almost found it." Deago looked at them as their eyes darted to each other. "Um...You said you were looking for a Lucas, maybe it's the same one they were talking about. Maybe he's here." Deago waited for them to say something.

"Your not telling us everything." Felix said softly but with an angry tone.

"W-What do you mean, I'm telling you-" Deago is cut off by Felix.

"Your not. I can tell your not. Just tell us everything else, okay?" Felix reminded him.

"O-Okay...There's a little more. I saw them lower your friend in the tunnel. If you wanted to i could take you into a tunnel that will lead you to him. We'll...Have to avoid parts of them, there's something down there you don't want to see..To meet, let alone in a dark and small tunnel about 50 feet underground. Just...Don't ask what it is, you'll hopefully never have to find out... I'll take you through it to find your friend." Deago words were something Felix wasn't ready for, he thought Brandon was dead all this time, he knew it was his fault for not helping him, but it was still the best thing to do to keep everyone else safe. But Felix was still amazed though he didn't let anyone know, but he knew they had to find him.

"Take us to him" Felix asked. Felix, Nick and Vincent followed Deago out a backdoor and into some sort of courtyard with another tunnel in the center of it. It had a ladder going from the top to the bottom they stepped forward and all started climbing down the ladder until they reached the bottom. It was a dark place with very little light coming down from the entrance of the tunnel, but Deago pulled out a flashlight and began walking down the tunnel. It was cold in the tunnel, but there was no wind blowing through it. Vincent looked as if he wanted to talk with Felix as he soon says so. "I want to talk"

"About what..." Felix replied even though he was pretty sure he knew what it was he wanted to talk about.

"We got a chance at finding Brandon, a chance at saving him." Vincent felt awful, it was completely clear by the way he looked.

"It sure looks like it." Felix answered while thinking to himself that this wasn't going to lead to there own pot of gold, they weren't going down a good path.

"i understand the choice you made, it something none of us could have done...But Is his blood on own hands." Vincent asked, he eyes seemed cold, they seemed to have a cold gazes to the tunnel ahead of them.

"If he's dead, his blood is on MY hands." Felix answered.

They reach the point where a few tunnels meet and at the center of it is the well. And Brandon was there hanging by his feet he appeared to be unconscious, but as the group approached he started trying to free himself from the rope tied around him. The light of the flashlight shined in his face and he couldn't see them, all he could see were figures coming for him. Coming to kill him. Then Felix called out. "Calm down it's us!"

"Don't. Yell." Deago quickly said to Felix.

"Okay...Let's cut him down." Felix said as they held Brandon while cutting him off the rope that hung him upside down. They hold him and set him on the ground as they cut him out of the ropes. He jumped up and pulled the duct tape off his mouth then took a deep breath. He was shaking and seemed to have been terrified. He starts muttering something "you fuckin..." Then his muttering turned to yelling. "You fuckin' watched them lower me here!"

"There were too many of them! We couldn't have done anything!" Felix shot back to Brandon.

"Don't yell here..." Deago sounded worried but only Vincent seemed to hear him and repeated him. "Do what he said, don't yell..."

"You didn't even try! You just sat there in the woods with a rifle on your back while doing shit to help!" Brandon yelled back to Felix.

"Stop yelling...Stop..." Deago started to seem more scared. No, not scared, terrified of what might hear them.

"We could have all died if we tried to do anythin!-" Brandon is cut off by the sound of something screaming, at least that's what it sounded like. "It's time to run. Don't you dare look back." Deago then started pulling them along with him as they ran from the noises, they sounded like they were so close, maybe even right at their ears calling that odd and terrifying sound. They turned into another tunnel and begin to feel cold water was they started running through it it became knee high before they saw a light at the end of the tunnel and soon ran out of the tunnel and found themselves at a large opening in the side of the hill, it was the sewer Felix had seen when he was swimming back to shore. They ran through the knee high water until they reached the shore, none dared to look back at the entrance to the tunnel.

They all breathed heavily as they sat on the shore, it was just one thing after another. And for all they knew the monster in the tunnel could have been sounds from a tape or just them freaking out, or something to fear.

End of Episode 4

Really long chapter for the end of Episode 4, hopefully nothing was out of place. Anyway i hope you enjoyed to the episode, sorry the episode in a whole was kind of short, i can't say that's going to change for Episode 5. It's likely to be the shortest episode in terms of chapters. But once again I'm think a little too far ahead. i hope you enjoyed it and i hope your looking forward to more. Also i would really love some feed back on this one, i might be tossing a little to much... Unexplained stuff in there and I would like to know what you thought of it. Thank you for reading!

• Amazing Chapter!!!!!!!

Episode 4 Chapter 3 Felix waves his hand to Vincent as the two of them quietly walk to the back of the shed. Felix looks a the back of

• Thank you!

supersagig posted: »

Amazing Chapter!!!!!!!

• Great work man!

Episode 4 Chapter 3 Felix waves his hand to Vincent as the two of them quietly walk to the back of the shed. Felix looks a the back of

• Thanks man! XD

finlander posted: »

Great work man!

• Oh this is getting so creepy...

Very well done! I would say this was up on top together with the ending of Episode 3 as the best part yet. And whatever that thing in the tunnel was, it was really creepy!

• Thanks!

I really hoping I'm not putting too much odd stuff that doesn't make any sense. But hey, hopefully it'll all make sense at the end...

Oh this is getting so creepy... Very well done! I would say this was up on top together with the ending of Episode 3 as the best part yet. And whatever that thing in the tunnel was, it was really creepy!

• Awesome chapter!!!!!

• Thank you!

Awesome chapter!!!!!

• edited January 2015

The Raining: Mind of My Heart

Drip drop

“The rain fell from the sky”

Drip drop

“The rain fell from my eyes”

Drip drop

“The blood poured because you told it too”

Drip Drop

“Let me rest”

Drip drop

“The rain denind”

Drip drop

“Let me die”

Drip drop

“As it said no”

Drip drop

“Awaken for I am on my way”

Lucas’s eyes shot open as he awakened from the dream, he was cold with little signs of recovering from this new found lii-met. He seemed to get more and more tired and almost sickly as they neared their destination. Lucas sighed, he looked over at Laurel, she stared at him with a menacing look. Lucas wasn’t fazed by any of it, he would sooner laugh than feel threatened. “You gonna keep staring at me the whole trip, aren’t you,” she didn’t reply, Lucas quietly laugh, “Your just gonna stain you eyes, you dumb dumb.”

She didn’t make any signs of movement as Lucas took a deep breath, “You know something...Your parents aren’t even looking for you right now, they’ll probably never even get found...That so called house of yours isn’t really that...Alive, looking, if you know what i mean.”

Lucas stood up and get on his knees in front of Laurel, “Having a hard time talking, you’ll get used to it. After all you take do anything unless he tells you to do so.”

Lucas stood back up and stepped about a foot away, “You’re parents are dead, if you wanted to know. I killed them, that way you would have one less thing to hold you back.”

He sighed again, “It’s not like I want to do this, it’s something I can’t control you see. I don’t have a say in the matter, neither do you, were all puppets. In a masters web, being commanded to be their bidding. But it isn’t all bad you see, we have a privilege some could only dream of.”

“I bet you want to take my own knife and stab me through the heart, if you were told to do that you would, even if you didn’t want too. If i was told to burn you alive I would, not because I wanted too-” Lucas felt a sharp pain in his back.

He sighed, “Too which you did.” Lucas had a knife in his back, it was just a little cut. “Guess it’s what I get for talking a little too much.” Lucas grabbed the knife from her hand. “Maybe...A kind of joke, no...A warring.” He stepped out of the little room and entered another one, this one had Sorcha as she set on a chair, she smiled as Lucas entered the room.

“Hi.” She said quickly and quietly.

“Hello.” Lucas replied.

“Are you okay, you're bleeding, did someone hurt you…” She asked with a very worried tone.

“I’m just dandy. Though I haven’t gotten the chance to talk with you, how are you feeling?” He answered as he smiled.

“I’ve been good, but I’ve talked with Laurel and-” She is cut off by Lucas suddenly yelling. “She shouldn’t be able to talk, but what did she tell you?!”

Sorcha started acting scared. “I-I-I didn’t do something wrong, please tell me it’s going to be-”

Lucas grabs her by the shoulders. “You didn’t do anything wrong, just tell me what she told you.”

“S-s-she said...I-I…” Sorcha stuttered.

Lucas seemed very angry as he reentered the room with Laurel. She continued to stare blankly as if she wasn’t there, Lucas gave her an angry look. “What did you say to Sorcha?!” He yelled, but she just stared forward without even blinking. “I know you in there enough of you is still in control, now tell them!” Lucas shouted as she once again ignored him. “You think you can fight it don’t you, you can’t fight it, you can try but in the end it’ll take over completely. You're just a pawn here, like me.” Lucas smiled. “It’s a little harder to fight it now, isn’t it.” He sighed and started walking out of the room, then she said something. “We do you agree with it.”

Lucas let out a small laugh. “Maybe I’m tired of fighting.”

He started closing the door, but then Laurel jumped forward, knocking Lucas back as the door flied opened. She clearly fought herself as she was barely able to control her own movement, Sorcha jumped up and started to try to help, but Lucas jumped onto Laurel and they both fell into the room as Lucas shouted. “Close the door, we need her alive!” The door was closed and locked by Sorcha. Laurel grabbed hold of Lucas’s head and tried to push down on his eyes, but he quickly knocked in off as he stood back up, they stood on either end of the room as Laurel showed clear signs of fighting what was controlling her.

“Why w-won’t you t-try to fight it!” Laurel shorted.

Lucas shouted back. “You think I haven’t tried! It’s no use, I’m tired of fighting. You’ll be tired of it too, it’s only a matter of time.”

“I don’t b-believe you!” She attacked and Lucas defended. Lucas tossed her over him and she hit the wall, leaving a dent in it. She kicked Lucas’s knee and as he bent down from the pain she kneed his head hard. He stubbles and trips back as she takes this time to start back on her feet. She attacked again and Lucas was over powered. She leaves him lying on the floor as she walks to the door, she knocks and asks something. “Please! Please open the door!” There was no answer. Lucas kicked her forward as she landed on the door, she pushed back and landed a punch, he falls back but quickly regains his footing as he grabs her and they both go flying through the door. Sorcha stands with a knife in her hand as she overlooks the fight in what seemed like horror. Laurel somehow landed on top and was choking Lucas. Sorcha approached with the knife as Lucas barely gets out he words, “n-no-don’t.”

Sorcha seems to ignore him as she is about to kill Laurel, but then Lucas kicked her leg and she fell on the ground, she looked at him with hurt eyes as he continued to be choked. But then everyone felt and heard a long and painful noise as they all start to fall to the ground unconscious.

Drip drop

"You have no say"

Drip Drop

"I control the rain"

Drip drop

End of Prologue

Somethings happening that's for sure...Also the rain, it was said by Lucas in Episode 3 chapter 2, "the Remnant is like a lake and we are the rain." Or something like that. Anyway, hope your ready for this... >:3

• edited January 2015

Great Prologue!

Damn this Remnant... It really seems to mess with Lucas and Laurels minds, albeit I'm not exactly sure what it is. Glad to see I wasn't completely wrong with the mind control. Looking forward for the Episode!

The Raining: Mind of My Heart Drip drop “The rain fell from the sky” Drip drop “The rain fell from my eyes” Drip drop “The

• O.O

Awesome Chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Raining: Mind of My Heart Drip drop “The rain fell from the sky” Drip drop “The rain fell from my eyes” Drip drop “The

• Awesome prologue!!!

• Just to be clear this takes place right after episode 4's ending.

Raining 2: Mind of my Heart, Chapter 1.

Nick, Brandon, Vincent, Felix and Deago stood on the shore as they saw what stood ahead of them, he held a pistol and were a metal mask, “Lucas,” Nick whispered, he was right, it was Lucas Harper. Nick reached behind himself and started to pull something out slowly. “Lucas!” Nick yelled forward. He was greeted by the sound of a fate laugh.

“Drop any weapons you have on you, if you don’t drop them… I will kill anyone of you.” Lucas coldly called from atop the hill.

Nick seemed to ignore him as he pulled out the pistol from behind him, but Lucas was faster and fired a shot into the group. “Drop it!” Lucas yelled.

Nick stood still as the sound of the gunshot ringed through his ears, he slowly turned to face Vincent as he stumbled and fell to the ground. Nick reluctantly dropped the gun.

Vincent lay on the sandy shore, he seemed to be dead. Felix faced forward knowing what had just happened, he raised his arms above his head as Nick did the same.

“Now, not one word.” Lucas called.

“Follow me.”

Felix, Brandon, Nick and Deago followed Lucas up the hill. Felix did everything he could to not look back, he knew all too well what he would see, but he couldn’t bear to see it, not again, never again…

He walked forward.

He listened.

He obeyed.

He didn’t want too.

He had too.

Felix thought to himself of the time, 4 years ago.

He sat at his desk with a shot glass of alcohol in his hand as he turned it, he quickly drunk it. “The day of my folly,” he thought to himself, with a chuckle as he poured another shot. “Number 4, or 6, something,” he smiled with the office completely empty he could enjoy his drink.

The phone ringed stopped his train of thought as he stood up and grabbed it, “hello?” He asked into the phone.
    No answer.

“Hello?” He asked once more.

Nothing, he put the phone back on the stand and sat back down. Then the phone started ringing again.

“Hello?” He asked, now somewhat annoyed.

Not a word. He slammed the phone back on the stand once again as he waited for it to ring again, but it did not ring. He watched it for about a minute, he sighed and continued with what he was doing, but just as he averted his gaze from the phone, it started ringing.

“Who the hell is this?!” He yelled into the phone, he shouldn’t have done that, he heard something this time, “I-I...I…” It sounded like a little girl.

“I’m sorry!” He called back as he realized it, she probably was scared to talk into the phone. “Is there something you need help with?”

“My...My dad and mom are fighting....”

“I’m… Sorry to hear that, how… Bad is the fight? What’s happened?” Felix asked.

“I live on 1213 Andors, please come here and stop them from fight…”

“Look just-” Felix stopped as he realized the little girl hung up the phone. He sighed and quickly put on his jacket. He ran to his car and pulled out of the driveway, on his way to the address.

Felix zoned out as he walked with the others, he soon found himself standing in the back as he zoned back in. Lucas stood at the end of the group his the gun pointed at everyone, Felix in pretitlcer.

“Well? Get moving, or I’ll put a bullet in your head.” Lucas called to Felix as he started walking forward again. They all walked in silence.

Felix arrived at the house, he climbed out his his car and looked at the house, picket fence, few trees in the yard, he walked to the door and knocked, and sure enough a little girl opened the door.

“hi…” She quietly said.

“Hello.” Felix replied, he looked through the door from where he stood, he couldn’t see any signs of her parents. “Where are your parents?” He asked.

“Their… Here.” She replied.

“Well, can I speak to them?” He waited after about ten seconds, “no…” She said.

“No?” He replied.

They arrived at a clearing, in the center there was a large hole in the ground, and above it there was something most likely used to pull things out of it.

“Do you want to hear the story of all this, the meaning behind everything…” Lucas pulled off the mask as he stood by the hole in the ground, he looked into it and smiled, he sighed. “Everyone stand there,” he pointed on the other side of the hole, he held the gun forward as they did so.

“You are all about to stand witness to something… Grand.” Lucas smiled.

“What were those things in the tunnels?” Brandon suddenly asked.

Lucas laughed, “nothing like you would think, you get too close to this tunnel right here… They chase after you. The noises, nothing more than noises. That’s what they were. But if you get really close to this tunnel, then you have something to worry about.”

Brandon looked from side to side, “what?” He asked.

Lucas smiled turned even more sinister, “the one thing you don’t want to know about, the one thing that would make you scared to even live… It. The Remnant. You see… It’s a little hard to dig a tunnel to him without anyone in the tunnel dying, for some odd reason… That’s why when someone goes down to continue digging… We tie a rope to their leg, so we can pull them out.”

“What the fucks down there?!” Nick called out.

“I said. The Remnant.” Lucas replied angrily.

“And what’s that?” Nick asked.

“Well… That’s what we’re here for… Too find out.” Lucas smile faded. “Pity… Vincent isn’t here to see this.”

Nick became very mad, “fuck you.”

“Fuck yourself, someone doesn’t like to listen…” Lucas smiled again.

“Now keep your mouth shut. Any other questions?”

“Why are you doing this?” Felix asked.

Lucas opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it. He paused with a second then began talking, “I don’t have a choice, I don’t call the shots here, isn’t that clear yet? It’s awful you know, the nosebleeds… and before that… the noises, the ringing. Let’s just say I’m not-” He’s cut off and grabs his own head in pain, “the noise!” Lucas shouted.

He sighed, “they come and go, but they always come back.”

“Over…”

“And over…

“...again.”

“What am I too you? Some kind of monster, a killer…”

“Both even…”

Brandon looked forward at him, what would he reply.

[A monster.]

[A killer.]

[Both.]

[Neither.]

• Neither

So we can get a long monologue about his personal issues/past. :D

Just to be clear this takes place right after episode 4's ending. Raining 2: Mind of my Heart, Chapter 1. Nick, Brandon, Vincent, Fe

• First... I'd like to say how sorry I am that I haven't posted anything for awhile, while I know most of you don't mind I'm still very sorry about it.

And last but not least... The next chapter will most likely be the final CHAPTER in the raining story.

Just thought I would try to keep you all up to date with it, I guess. Thank you all for reading. It all ends very soon.

• Hmm... I hadn't thought about doing one for Lucas, though I'm not sure about doing one. But I'll make sure you know a little more about his story very soon...

Saltlick123 posted: »

Neither So we can get a long monologue about his personal issues/past.

• [Both.]

Awesome Chapter!!

Just to be clear this takes place right after episode 4's ending. Raining 2: Mind of my Heart, Chapter 1. Nick, Brandon, Vincent, Fe

• [Neither]

I'd have to say he's something worse... But no need getting killed over a few words.

• edited January 2015

Neither

Like mr.q said, no need getting killed over a few words

• edited January 2015

[Neither.]

The Remnant is clearly influencing him in some way. He is not a killer, if the Remnant makes him kill. He is also not a monster. So far, so unsurprising, given that I defended him since Episode 3. However, this time I don't pick this option to defend him. Lucas doesn't need to be a killer or a monster to be absolutely despicable. Shooting his own father, forced or not, makes me wonder if there even is something left of him that could be saved or at the very least redeemed. His utter lack of any remorse for this, makes me doubt if there even is anything left of him at all. As a conclusion, for me at least, Lucas is no killer and no monster, since he barely exists anymore.

• [Neither.]

• I really love your theory on Lucas :D

Though you never know... D:

[Neither.] The Remnant is clearly influencing him in some way. He is not a killer, if the Remnant makes him kill. He is also not a monste

• If the next chapter is the last one then could you possibly save Cole and Chip for a possible sequel?

First... I'd like to say how sorry I am that I haven't posted anything for awhile, while I know most of you don't mind I'm still very sorry

• They most likely won't come into the story in Raining 2, but IF there ever was a raining 3 they would be included. Though I have no plans.

TheFurryOne posted: »

If the next chapter is the last one then could you possibly save Cole and Chip for a possible sequel?

• edited January 2015

Chapter 2.

Brandon stood facing Lucas, he started thinking to himself after Lucas asked the question, “wouldn’t want to make him angry at me, this could save me from… All of this,” he thought to himself, now dead set on the answer. “I’d say neither.” He called out loud enough to be heard.

“This would save them,” he thought, “or at the very least me.”

Lucas face seemed expressionless as he stood, but soon a cold smile formed on his face, “Neither.” He quoted, “neither!” Lucas laughed, “clearly… you haven’t been paying attention.”

“But none the less… Step forward, you. Your name, I haven’t gotten it yet.”

“Brandon.” He replied as he took two awkward steps forward.

“Well, Brandon… You see that pit?” Lucas asked.

“Ugh… yeah.” He answered, somewhat worried.

“Good. Now. Tell me what you see, when you look into it.” Lucas’ smiled seemed to fade away as he walked to the edge of the pit as well, still holding the gun in the group's direction.

Brandon looked over the edge he saw nothing, all the lay before him was a black pit into the ground, “what am I… Seeing?” Brandon asked.

“Something… Grand - Now tell what you see.” Lucas replied.

Brandon took another look, all he could see was a pit leading into the ground. No lights, nothing to tell how deep it was, “what am I- um…” Brandon had to think fast, what if he didn’t see it? What if he couldn’t tell him what it was, was he going to kill him?

Lucas sighed, “do you see him.”

“Yes!” Brandon quickly replied. “He’s… Sit- Sitting?”

“Yes… What is it he’s ‘sitting’ on.” Lucas replied, he face seemed all too sure of itself. The group stood still as they watched.

“A chair?” Brandon answered, “he’s sitting in a chair.”

Lucas laughed, “he ‘sits’ in a tomb. A grave.” Lucas rushed Brandon and quickly pushed him over the pit, barely grabbing the back of his shirt. “Something tells me you're at the end of your rope, I let go and you fell 60 feet.” Lucas laughed as Nick started running forward, but Lucas replaces the gun as he holds Brandon over the pit. “Don’t try anything. I’ll drop him and shoot you faster than you can run. Now. Not one word out of any of you while I have this little talk.”

Nick reluctantly stood in place.

“Now.” Lucas turned to brandon. “You say Neither, you seem to not understand this… Not one bit. If you assume it’s neither. Lucas. Is but a shell of who he once was, though… He gave up fighting a long time ago.” Lucas’ grip loosened and he let Brandon fall a few inches before he held him in place again, “Lucas is my name, but Lucas isn’t, anymore. I may talk, feel, I may still be… Me. But I’m also something far worse.” Lucas sighed.

His eyes closed.

He let go.

Brandon screamed.

And then.

A loud noise.

The sound of a crash.

And then… Silence.

Lucas’ eyes reopened as he stepped away from the pit, “pity.” Lucas said softly, “I am me. I don’t get a choice, but you… You all go about… Choosing. Only… If only you could hear the noise, if only you could hear his call, then things would be… Different.” He sighed. “It’s time to get things on their way.” He flipped a switch on the large thing over the put and ropes that were lowered onto the pit began to pull up.

Felix entered the house as the little girl back away from the door, “I didn’t say you could come in!” She said angrily.

“Where are your parents?” Felix asked once again.

“They aren’t home!” She replied.

“You said they were fighting.”

“I-I… They... “

“Where are they?” Felix didn’t ask, he demanned. But then he saw something, a bit of the floor by one of the doors had something under it, it was a dark color, he approached it and sat on his knee as he looked at it, it was blood. He opened the door slowly, two figures were dead in the bedroom. They had been stabbed by the looks of it. He quickly turned around, the girl wasn’t gone. She lay on the ground about 10 feet away, she was dead, she looked like she had been dead from a few days. Felix quickly jumped up and ran to see if she was alive, she was as dead as she looked. Felix ran back out said and into the police car to call for back up.

“3 dead in a home, found by officer Felix Davis, the couple appeared to have been killed by their daughter who appeared to have killed herself after murdering her parents” that was the news the next day. 4 years is a lot of time, Felix found it odd how he didn’t remember this, he seemed to have forgotten a lot of it, but he seemed to return to him today, today of all days.

Felix snapped back into the present as he heard the loud sound of Brandon screaming. He stood in shock as the device over the pit pulled something out. Lucas laughed, a coffin hovered over the pit being held up by the ropes, it was old, covered in dirt and grime. And a large blood splatter.

“Now the monument we’ve been waiting for…” Lucas voice died out as he waited, “I just need to wait, for one the last piece of the puzzle…”

“But…”

“That doesn’t mean I can’t show you what… Awaits…” Lucas reached to the coffin and opened it, inside lay a old and rotten body, dead for a long time, maybe even hundreds of years. Lucas smiled, “he is here… The Remnant.”

He looked at the group, all were quiet, all were still, as they looked at him, “no…” Lucas thought, they looked beyond him. Lucas quickly turned around and was met by the sound of a bullet, and the face of his father, Vincent stood still with a pistol in his hand and a bloody shoulder. He seemed to be in the same amount of shock as Lucas as he dropped the gun and ran to him, Lucas fell to his knees as he couldn’t breath, blood poured from his neck as he cough up blood.

“No…!” Vincent shouted as he grabbed Lucas, tears rolled down his face as the last bit of life left Lucas, Lucas reached his arm forward and touched his father’s face as a tear rolled onto Lucas’ hand.

Felix snapped out of it quickly and did the one thing he could think of, he grabbed the knife Lucas had dropped and quickly cut the ropes holding up the coffin, it fell into the deep as it made a loud noise upon hitting the bottom on the pit.

Lucas laid completely still in Vincent’s arms. He was dead. Vincent’s face was in complete shock, he whispered, “why did it have to come to this…” Nick, Felix, and Deago didn’t say a word as Vincent mourned the death of his son.

But out of the woods from where Vincent had come from, Laurel and Sorcha entered the clearing, they both react to finding Lucas dead on the ground and ran to Nick and Felix. They quickly explained what had happened.

End of Episode 5

Epilogue - 4 Days Later

Vincent sat alone on the graveyard, about 20 chairs in rows, all empty, minus the chair Vincent sat in. The sky was cloudy but calm. It was Lucas’ funeral. the coffin was already lowered into the ground and buried. The graveyard was completely empty, not one person had come to the funeral. Only the people working had come to bury his son, they were long gone.

Vincent sighed, “why did all of this happen,” he thought, “why Lucas, why my son.”

He heard the sound of foot steps and looked to his left, a young girl stood near by, he turned away and face forward as the girl approached. She sat in the chair to his left.

Silence filled the air.

“I’m… My name is Diana Robinson, I don’t think we’ve met, but I know you, Vincent Harper, right?”

Vincent smiled half-heartedly, “it’s nice to meet you, Diana. Yes, I’m Vincent Harper.” He put his hand forward to shake, Diana quickly took it and shook.

“Nice to meet you, too…” She replied. Both face forward and looked at the grave ahead of them, Lucas’ grave. Diana broke the silence, “I know you probably… Don’t want to talk about this… But it’s been the talk of the town…”

“Ask away.” Vincent answered.

“Do you have any idea what… came over Lucas, what made him do what he did?” She asked, “if you don’t mind telling me.” She quickly added.

“No point in not telling you.” Vincent sighed, “from what I’ve gathered from the others he was looking to bring back something he called the Remnant, it was in the coffin at the digsite.”

“What was it?” She asked.

“I don’t know… Lucas, he said a few things about the noise, or voice, like it was calling him. I wasn’t there for him, I’m a drunk, or was at least… But he never did say anything about it, though he did seem somewhat… Distant.” Vincent stopped talking and it was clear tears were in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, I won’t bother you anymore.” She quickly stood up and turned to leave, “wait, it’s okay, I’d like the company.” Vincent said. Diana sat back down.

“So what do you think it was?” She asked once again.

“It pulled our plane from the sky, but then it seemed lifeless, almost powerless… It’s something you wouldn’t want to see, it’s dead. At least I think so. But it seemed long dead, but it was calling Lucas to ‘awaken’ it.” Vincent stopped.

“Is something wrong?” Diana asked as Vincent stood up, he looked beyond Diana and down a ways, there was a sheriff's car parked in the graveyard. Vincent sighed, “I’m sorry, but I need to send you on your way. Goodbye, Diana, it was… nice talking to you.”

“Same.” She whispered and started walking away.

Vincent looked at the grave one last time before walking to the car, he approached it and Nick quickly stepped out of the car, “hey,” he said to Vincent as he reached him.

Vincent nodded. “Guess you're the sheriff now.”

“I’m… not sure about that, it just doesn’t feel right. I mean… Trent… he was the sheriff, I was just the deputy. It doesn’t feel right taking his place.” Nick sighed. “How are things going?”

“I’d be lying if I said I was fine.” Vincent wiped his brow, “but I’m… okay, I guess.”

“That’s… good.” Nick awkwardly replied, “but, um… how did things go, at the funeral?” Nick asked.

“About as good as you could expect.” Vincent replied. “Did you see Diana?” He added.

“I’m the one who brought her here. She’s been staying with me and Bella.” Nick replied.

“Well, she walked off that way, you should probably pick her up, it’s freezing out here.” Vincent sighed, “I’m gonna walk home. Seeya around.”

“Seeya.” Nick replied as he reentered the car and began driving away on his way to pick up Diana. Vincent looked back at the grave and sighed, he started walking on the sidewalk, it was covered with snow and ice, trees lined the path as he walked home.

Freakin' listen to it!

End of Raining 2

• edited January 2015

So... Guess that's it, thank you all for reading, I know I'm far from being a good writer, but I hope it worked. As for the final chapter... I'm not completely sure about it, though it's what it is, and it's how it needed to end. I know some questions weren't answered and they probably won't be answered inside of the story, but if you have any questions, anything at all I'll do my best to answer them. Just so you know, there are no plans for a Raining 3, and there most likely will not be any.

Q&A: Any questions at all I'll answer them, even things about the Remnant, anything really. I'll answer them if there's a answer.

• What are you going to do now? Any plans for other new stories?

What is exactly the Remnamt? There is still people in the town like Lucss in the mountain town?

So... Guess that's it, thank you all for reading, I know I'm far from being a good writer, but I hope it worked. As for the final chapter...

• edited January 2015

I'm going to host a large game of Werewolf soon, not sure when though.

As for any new stories I don't have any plans, but I will probably come up with something very soon.

I wasn't completely sure about what the Remnant would be, but if I had to make it something... It would probably be a vampire, that may sound odd, but it would make sense if you think about it with all the things that happened, I feel like it would work.

That wasn't ever revealed, I haven't really said anything in the story, but it's left to the readers imagination.

supersagig posted: »

What are you going to do now? Any plans for other new stories? What is exactly the Remnamt? There is still people in the town like Lucss in the mountain town?

• I'm sad to see it go, it was a great story. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you.

So... Guess that's it, thank you all for reading, I know I'm far from being a good writer, but I hope it worked. As for the final chapter...

• Thank you, it's kind of is sad... But it's also sort of... Reveling, if you know what I mean. I couldn't have down it without you guys, so thank you.

I'm sad to see it go, it was a great story. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you.

• edited January 2015

PS: You can make a amnesiac or an arsonist or a SK in the WW game. Send me a link when it´s start

I'm going to host a large game of Werewolf soon, not sure when though. As for any new stories I don't have any plans, but I will probably

Sign in to comment in this discussion.