Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Why DID you picture her blond? I felt as if it were obvious she had red hair. XD Just pulling you leg, of course.

pudding_pie posted: »

Why the bloody devil did I picture her blonde? TRYING to recall if you mentioned her hair color now but....-Searches file. Missing file- Nev

• edited January 2015

The super-awesome pics will keep on coming in the long run. Just been in the drawing mood like pie and Tetra. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

I love her name And this pic is super awesome! I can't wait to find out who the mysterious character is, I bet he's no good to the core. Fayde looks totally awesome!

• Out of all of Winter's children, Isaac was the least rowdy of the bunch. He still participated in his brothers' shenanigans, but generally worried about getting in trouble, or hurt. He wore red glasses that often got knocked askew during the endless snowball fights between each wolf, and more than once he'd cursed Dare and Mason off about it.

Dare...his brother....he was lying in a casket in the room next door. The funeral was being held in his castle, his very own home. The fortress of ice and snow. Normally, he was accustomed to low temperature, but this day in particular felt much colder than usual. He could see his breath in the air. He knew it wasn't the weather, because technically it was a summer month for them, there. There, in the North Wind Kingdom.

It was his mother, he'd guessed, who was bringing the temperature down. She was generally a kind and gentle wind, slow to anger, rarely seen down or neglected. Right now, she was completely beside herself. Her, and Isaac's sister Harmony. The minute he'd seen his sister's face, entering through the grand front doors of the castle, his heart shattered. The last person he would want to hurt was her. After all, it was his fault Dare was dead. Completely.

Of course, no one would listen to him. They kept telling him it was unavoidable- But they weren't there, when it happened. They weren't there. He had so many opportunities to stop what had happened. And he didn't take a single one. Why? Because he'd thought it was for Dare's own good.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, he'd repeated in his head the day it had happened. He didn't know yet that his brother was dead, so he jogged over light-heartedly, thinking it was a joke. There was no joke, though, in the angle that his leg was sticking into the snow. No joke about the blood, even if Dare had killed the monster.

The monster killed him, too. Isaac remembered falling to his knees in the snow, cradling his brother against his chest. His brother he was responsible for. He hated himself.

The door near where he stood in the hall pushed open, startling him. He broke from his reverie, and blinked a few times before he realized who was stood there. It was his nieces, the three oldest, plus a baby.

"Hello Uncle Isaac," Ash's voice was firm but reserved. She was essentially the leader of the cubs, really. A much better leader than he could ever be. He felt like kicking himself constantly.

"Hi, girls," He said, eyeing them over once. He hadn't actually met Scarlett's daughter yet. The baby was so tiny, still very young and newly born. She slept peacefully against the red-eyed girl's chest.

"Remind me," Ash spoke again. "Where'd Gramma put the spare cots?"

He blinked again. "Oh, um...I think they're all in the first guest room, upstairs. For the baby?" He looked at Charlotte wistfully.

Scarlett only nodded. She slipped away from her sister, ascending the grand stairway that was in view from where the hallway opened up. The other two girls lingered, before parting in separate directions, leaving him alone once more.

Isaac found a seat on one of the overstuffed couches near the power room doors. It was a little ways away from the foyer, and he could see as every loving family member and friend arrived. His father, step mother, and half-sister Adi. Adi also looked heart broken, to an extent. But nothing could be worse than poor Harmony. Harmony, his little sister, who was already tear-streaked and beaten when she'd arrived. He felt an enormous pressure on his shoulders and in his chest, pushing him down with the force of a thousand boulders. He welcomed the feeling, because he deserved it all.

"Hey man," Charming's voice was low. He had pain beneath his eyes. The pain of a father. Isaac stood, shaking his father's hand. He wasn't as close to Charming as he was to Winter, and so sometimes, in his presence, he felt an odd knot in his stomach. But he knew his father loved all of them. And so, the death of a child was bearing on him, and Isaac could see very plainly the underlying marks of stress in his fine lines. His gut twisted a bit tighter at the notion.

"Hi, Dad," He managed to utter, with out letting too much emotion escape. He'd been burying his outside grief all day long, letting it out in little emotion spurts, when no one else was around.

Charming faced Isaac, and the two were fairly similar in height. They shared the same raven colored plain hair, though Isaac's was more feathery and soft, where Charming's never had enough hairspray in it. Isaac also had a lankier build, not as much into physical activity as Dare had been into. Another pain shot through his body, and he began to think that loosing someone was more than just an emotional trauma. It affected everything about you, from the way you walked down the hall to the dimmer glow in your eyes. The pain was a physical thing as much as it was mental, something he'd realized when he traversed the snowy terrain with his brother in his arms.

After Charming broke eye contact and passed down the hall, he exchanged a hug with Nalayani, and an even tighter hug with Adi. She was the youngest of them all, by approximately 5 or 6 years. She was a lot smarter than she seemed, and could probably school him in many subjects even he was good at over the years. She just looked sad, when he looked into her eyes. She scooted past him, hurrying up to her mother's side as quickly as she could.

Isaac was done watching sad faces. He wanted to see a face that was okay. A face that wouldn't make him feel guiltier when he stared into it. He walked up the stairs, just as Scarlett was coming down, with out her baby in her arms.

"She sleeping well?" He asked her quickly.

"Yes, like a rock," Scarlett had an edge in her voice. She sounded like she was on the verge of crying, or something, but she just kept on travelling downward. Isaac ducked into the first room on his right, as soon as he got to the top of the steps.

They had all of the infants sleeping in here when they needed it. His mother had cots from when he was a baby, but with the number of newborns outnumbering the number Winter had, there was also a few pack-n-plays set up in the middle of the room. His nieces and nephews were all sleeping peacefully in their beds, their furry bodies retaining most of their heat, even though they were also wrapped in several bundles of blankets, and little hats.

His cold fingers grazed the nearest baby's face, a yellow-furred little girl, with a button nose and her mouth slightly ajar, her breathing creating little clouds of mist as she half-snored.

"Aunt Jessamine still sleeps that way," An unfamiliar voice came from behind, in the shadows. It made Isaac nearly jump out of his skin, and he whipped his head around to look. He saw nothing, at first. But then she emerged.

Her face reminded him of Scarlett, of Harmony, of even his mother, and his grandmother. It was a retain beauty, of sorts, passed down from each generation. She had hazel eyes that seemed to glow in the light, and a faint birth mark down the upper half of her arm. Or maybe it wasn't a birthmark.

"Who are you?" He asked sullenly, genuinely unsure of where she fit in his family tree.

"Don't you recognize me? I saw you eyeing me up downstairs, earlier. Uncle Isaac."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never seen you-" But then it his him. Hazel eyes. His glare moved from her eyes, to the sleeping baby in the cot across the room from him. He was staring at Charlotte. But how?

"How?"

"How?" She mocked him. "It's a long, long, long, story, my friend. Er, uncle. Whatever. I came, because I wanted to fix some things."

"Like what?"

"Like your broken soul," But it wasn't supposed to be funny. No, she said it with an air of confidence, with a tinge of sadness, and an edge of uneasiness. Like she wasn't sure if it would work.

"My-...My what?"

"Don't be afraid," She said, walking closer. "And listen to my words. Live on them. Breath them. I'm only doing this once..."

"But-" But before he could protest, the world around him changed. It was incredibly white, as if he were stuck in some sort of transitional place between life and death, the beginning and the end. The past and the future. He felt himself shaking, but he wasn't moving. Nothing was moving, nothing was happening. It was just white, everywhere. And Charlotte's gaze was solemn. She stared at him expressionless, her hair whipping as if a great wind was pushing it back, but at the same time the wind was pressing against him. He could feel it's patterns, as was his nature, and something, in the back of his mind, told himself to brace himself. No, not something. Someone. It was Charlotte, over the noise.

He curled his legs against his chest and landed in a bank of thick snow. His breath caught, and it felt as if he'd been kicked in the gut several times over. His limbs ached as he stood, and while he was brushing snow from his cloths, Charlotte stood perfectly still, her hands in the pockets of her jacket, with a wicked smile across her freckled face.

"I love watching the reactions of people," She said, as soon as he was upright and his eyes were wandering. "Welcome to the past. Precisely, Three days ago."

"Why are you- What is..." But his questions were all jumbled in his cranium.

"Look," Charlotte said in a matter of fact tone. "I've been experimenting for quite some time, now. And although I've come to the conclusion that I can't change things on my own, I can influence others to change themselves. And I've seen you, Uncle Isaac. You have much on your mind. Grief, guilt, and blame. It held you back, and still does, years into the future. I'm here to tell you to let go of it."

"I..." Isaac was staring at his great-niece for a long time. "I can't....just let it go," He said, with a finality in his voice. His arms crossed over his chest and he paced his feet in the snow, packing it down some. They were on a cliff, overlooking a valley. The valley he'd gone to on that fateful day.

"You can," She said.

His eyes darted between her and the Valley, and he'd spotted himself, a tiny dot below, approaching Dare, who'd been messing around with a funny disc he'd found. The disc that released the monster.

"Can I just run down there and slap myself? Tell myself to save him, before it's too late?"

"No, that's not how it works," Charlotte said, but it wasn't in an annoyed breath. She sounded weary, more than anything. "Just....watch."

"You've got to be kidding me," He mumbled. "Trying to get me to forget my guilt by watching my mistakes over again?"

Charlotte sighed outwardly, stepping into place next to him, not much short than he was. They stood and he obeyed reluctantly, watching as Dare activated the disc.

"Can they see us?" He asked her.

"No."

"Will you tell me anything else?"

"Not yet."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

Isaac swore to himself, rubbing his face. "This is a nightmare. Or worse, it's a punishment. God has punished me to see this, and I'll have to watch it for eternity, right?"

"No."

"Then what the fuck am I here for?" He lashed his words out faster than he could be sorry for them. He saw the hurt that flashed across Charlotte's face, but she hid it quickly.

"Pause," She whispered, and everything ceased to move. The people below. The flakes falling from the sky. The air. He'd never been in a place that was completely still of air. It disturbed him.

"Are you going to explain anything now?"

"Look at your hands," Charlotte said curiously.

"There's nothing on them."

"Look closer," She said in a hush.

"There's nothing-" But Isaac stopped himself. Bright swirls of light swam across the surface, creating a sort of electric shock across his skin, stimulating his nerves. "What is this?"

"It's your core, telling you something," Charlotte said.

"What's it telling me?" Isaac pleaded. "Please, tell me something useful."

"It's telling you to let go. The energy is your pent up feelings. You can't hold them back. You're human. Look," She said again, pointing down there. The scene had changed, with out Isaac noticing. It was the moment that the monster was released, it's talon like fingers swaying toward Dare's face. He watched as his past-self cowered behind a rock, yelling at Dare. Telling Dare that he was an idiot for messing with things that wasn't his. Dare just said snarky comments back. He was always so proud of himself. His brown locks fell across his face as the window picked up, And then the scene paused.

"You see that?" She whispered faintly.

"What?" Isaac tried. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary. "What?"

"His destiny," She said. "It's painted plainly, in front of your eyes."

"Destiny," Isaac grumbled. "My own Aunt deals those sort of things out."

"You mean Lake? Yes, I know that," Charlotte said. "She does quite a good job. Sometimes, too good a job."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You were always one to question, even when you were little, hmm?" Charlotte said.

"Look who's talking," Isaac said. "Why is that relevant?"

"Your fate," She said. "Can be changed still. The eldest was blessed with the warmest heart of them all, the youngest with the coldest. The second will die as is destined, and the third will bear the grief. You are the third. But you can still change your real fate."

"My real fate? Will I take the place of one of the others?"

"No," Charlotte said. "But you can create a new one. There's only finality in each fate when it is accomplished. You're in the process, but you can change it. We all have a fate, Uncle Isaac. Not everyone knows theirs, but you have the privilege of me in your life. So pick wisely. I'd hate to see my words of wisdom go to waste."

And with that, he was back. He blacked out for a split second. His body was strewn across the icy floor of the spare room. Across from him, one of the babies wriggled in their bed. Baby Charlotte. He got off his back, which ached as he stood, and he saw the child was awake, but not upset. She stared up at him, her tiny hazel eyes glowing in the light of the room. A note was lying across her blanket.

Choose Wisely. ~C

His head rang loudly. What was this all about? What was he supposed to do? How did you change your own fate?

And the third will bear the grief. Those words rung through his mind over and over again. The guilt he felt. He needed to stop feeling it. Or what, though? Charlotte looked quite sad when she was talking about his future self. Isaac sighed, pushing the note in one of his pockets. He was going to have to do something.

That's all I have time for today :) Got Youth Group to go to, so I had to wrap it up before I actually wanted to, although I've written a great deal. I imagine I'll be taking this sort of approach with Charlotte from now on, for a little bit. Show people how to fix themselves, mostly people she loves from the future. Isaac was an interesting take on things; I always imagined him as the doubter of the brothers,. The weakling, if you will. I never really explore Harm's siblings too much, always described them as an unruly bunch, but generally friendly and loyal. I want to do this with other minor characters, switch to them for a little bit at a time, explore their day-to-day lives and the like. Hope you guys enjoy it ^-^ Hope this post wasn't too long, either.

ALSO, on a side note: Just finished the third book in the series I'm reading (The Mortal Instruments) And I'm totally fangirling, lmao. I only have one friend irl that read most of them so me and her are texting our feels XD It's great! There was an appearance by Tessa, the main character of the Clockwork series I read and loved <3 So yeah, like, dying over here XD But in a good sort of way, I guess! This was completely meaningless, and if you didn't read it, I don't blame you, lol. Finished my midterms (Finally T.T) Now I have to do my science fair this weekend (Joy >.>) but I'm doing it with another friend so it's all good :) Hope you guys are having a great week so far, and TGIF!

• Ah I really liked this! Isaac has caught my interest and so have the others! Youth Group? I don't know what that is but I assume it's important so I hope that goes well! I actually read the whole book part made me chuckle cus I can relate to being excited when reading books. And a Science fair huh? Good thing you have a friend to help you cus I'd hate being there with someone I don't like! XD

Out of all of Winter's children, Isaac was the least rowdy of the bunch. He still participated in his brothers' shenanigans, but generally w

• Glad to know you like Isaac so far ^-^ Youth Group is just a gathering of all the teens in my little church every friday night. We've had it for the past 3 or so years, it always goes fairly according to plan XD More or less!

I love LOVE reading books and stuff (I guess that's what inspired me to write and such.) The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series so far, they're absolutely amazing! I have 3 left to read.

Tetra posted: »

Ah I really liked this! Isaac has caught my interest and so have the others! Youth Group? I don't know what that is but I assume it's import

• Oh okay, I've never been to church but I've read various books on it in my spare time. Glad it went well though!

It's rare that I find something I like to read. I normally just read financial literacy, and other business books.

Glad to know you like Isaac so far ^-^ Youth Group is just a gathering of all the teens in my little church every friday night. We've had it

• I was having a pie moment. :P I KNOW she is Irish but my brain pictured blonde...lol I have NO clue, either! xD

Why DID you picture her blond? I felt as if it were obvious she had red hair. XD Just pulling you leg, of course.

• If you wanted a drawing but really don't want to give it a go yourself, you could always be extra nice to them and see if they'll draw you one. :P

HazzatheMan posted: »

I have friends that can draw sketches of people with great accuracy, then there's me who can't even draw a good stick figure XP

• I'm just not sure what their face would exactly look like. Still, you sound like you've had a fun time drawing your own characters, and they've come out well, so I might just give it a go. :)

I do too I normally look up a set of hair draw that and change it around to how I want it to look, then draw the face and so on which helps a lot! Ah I see.

• A very dark reality would have come to pass if things with Emily had turned out differently. I was wondering about Vivian: is she technically a ghost? I know you've probably mentioned it before, and I reckon that's what she would be, but I just wanted to double-check exactly what sort of a being she now is. Aside from being a very friendly one. ^_^

"Say it, Seraphina...say asshole!"

"Bella Ann, stop it!" Jersey throws the burning butt end at the water. "Don't teach your cousin those fucking words!"

Haha, Jersey - and Georgie - are not two people to have around if you don't want swearing being heard. :3

All the best with the video and essay; sounds like hard work for quite a few reasons.

"Say asshole, Seraphina. Say asshole..." Bella, one of Katie and Jersey's daughters, holds up her baby cousin. Seraphina sucks on her fin

• Nice to see the flying creatures weren't on Barney's side! And if Meg is at all like Jill Valentine, I'm sure she'll be an asset.

If you'd like to use Mr. Weasel and/or Dixa then feel free to do so!

MasterStone posted: »

Slightly long chapter.. Chapter 4, Streets of Fire 2/2 More riots broke out among the Fables and Mundies, and Robby and Walter couldn'

• Hmm, whoever the mystery character is, Fayde really isn't pleased to see him. Which really makes me wonder who it might be, because she must know them; although, that doesn't necessarily help. Anyway, nice to see the Irish beauty in all her red-headed glory. :P

For those that have been reading my story about Fayde Everwind, this is what she looks like. (right corner) And a certain mystery character

• Dammit, Clara! How could you.

I sort of wondered about her back when we were discussing who the traitor might be, but I ruled her out because she seemed trustworthy. Guess that was a mistake. XD Just what you have planned now I've know idea, but this is entertaining. :)

Accidents The next day when everyone arrives back at Fabletown, Makoto and Celeste decided to sleep in while everyone went to work. Snow

• Isaac really is a troubled soul; Charlotte must have a very generous heart to come back to the past and help people like this.

"It's a long, long, long, story, my friend. Er, uncle. Whatever.

Super smooth - I like it. XD

It's fun to fangirl and get excited about things like that. XD Although, I personally then want to tell everyone because it's exciting. :P

Out of all of Winter's children, Isaac was the least rowdy of the bunch. He still participated in his brothers' shenanigans, but generally w

• Like I mentioned to you in a previous convo over at DA, I WAS going to kill Emily off but looking back, the Porgies would not be the same and she's grown on me since Junior's tale. :) TECHNICALLY Vivian is a ghost; she is referred by Emily as her guardian angel (which she is) but no on else can see her besides Emily (and Nick)

Jersey (and Georgie, god love him) come off as the fathers that curse like sailors but get on to the children, when THEY hear it spewing from their lips. :3 Especially Jersey....God love that man. xD Abd that you. Its kicking my ass but its not too bad. Sounds like it. To be honest, would rather do that than math....

LupineNoir posted: »

A very dark reality would have come to pass if things with Emily had turned out differently. I was wondering about Vivian: is she technicall

• It's always the person you never expect to do XD Out of curiosity who did you think it was at first? I've got a whole two years to cover and this part is not done yet! Plus Brannigan seems to be getting a bit antsy now so she will be coming in. I'm glad you like the story so far Lupine! :D

Dammit, Clara! How could you. I sort of wondered about her back when we were discussing who the traitor might be, but I ruled her out bec

• I love girls like Charlotte who give people a second chance. ^^ And if Dare does get saved, hopefully it won't change something else for the worst in time.

Really glad you finally finished all of those stressful tests, always a good feeling, y'know?

Anyway, good luck on that science fair!

• Indeed it is, redheads are so underrated sometimes. :)

Hmm, whoever the mystery character is, Fayde really isn't pleased to see him. Which really makes me wonder who it might be, because she must

• I normally just read financial literacy, and other business books.

Alt text

Oh okay, I've never been to church but I've read various books on it in my spare time. Glad it went well though! It's rare that I find something I like to read. I normally just read financial literacy, and other business books.

• edited January 2015

Katie and Jersey bid farewell to their thirteen girls, thanked both Emily and Gren one last time and soon they were heading back into town for their much needed alone time. Since the birth of their third litter, they rarely had time to spend any sort of quality time with one another. Emily knew her sister desperatly needed some quiet solitutde away from the children. This gave Emily the opportunity to see her neices as well.

The girls were now in the living room. Scattered along the carpeted floor, they each were engaged in an activity. Several colored, while a handful played pretend and the others sat back and watched cartoons. The quads were on the floor chewing on either toys, their toes or a cousin's hand. The girls squealed with delight and beamed over their very tiny cousins. Hope took a small brush and began to comb Viviana's golden curls.

While the girls played in the other room, Emily began the necessery preperations for lunch. Three loaves of bread and several slices of Kraft American cheese stood beside a tube of butter and spatula. The pan in front of Emily contained a spoonful of butter. The popping noise indicated that it was searing enough to toast the bread and melt the cheese. Gren was currently leaning against the counter, watching Emily make lunch for the kids. Vivian was not too far; Gren must have began to pick up on the woman, for his eyes scanned the kitchen and curiosity grew in his dark, green eyes.

"So, I start on Monday. We'll have to figure out a schedule with the kids."

Emily smiles. "That's wonderful news, love. I knew ya' could do it. And the kids will be taken' care of. On me days off, I'll watch 'em."

"Looking forward to this. A fresh new start...for all of us."

"It was a slight bump in the road, love. We'll have plenty of those. Not like this be our last one."

Gren tossed back the remaining few sips from his soda. He crushes the can and sets it along the edge of the window. He watches as Emily slides the spatula beneath the grilled cheese and place it on a paper plate. One by one, she begins to call the girls in. The older girls serve themselves; Emily also made crinkle cut fries to go along with their sandwiches. The younger girls were assisted by Gren.

"Love, when ya' get the chance can ya' get the quads fa' me?"

While Emily flips another sandwich, Gren leaves the kitchen and finds the quads sprawled out on the floor. Sunflower picks up Liam and Chloe, while Gren holds Seraphina and Viviana tightly. As the two men walk back towards the kitchen, Gren strikes a sudden cool, misty barrier near the front entrance. Turning his head slightly to the left, Gren scans the open area in search of the sudden discovery of Emily's secret friend.

"What is it, Gren?" Sunflower looks around. "What did you see?"

"Not what I see....its what I FEEL." Gren sniffs the air. "Ya' here with me, Viv? You gonna mess with my mind now because I can't see ya'?"

A gust of cool wind gently presses against Gren's face. This sends Viviana and Chloe into a clapping fit. Sunflower nearly loses his balance whe the wind circles his body.

Gren beams. "Yeah, I'd be an ass too if I was assigned as Emily's guradian."

Vivian chuckled to herself, as she followed Gren and Sunflower into the kitchen.

Meanwhile, in downtown Fabletown....

Peter took one final look in the mirror. His brother returned with a thumbs up. It was aways a pleasure to see Junior hopping around in the glass. From time to time this is how the brothers communicated. Ethan was never a fan of Junior's recent choice of holding a conversation. Peter was beginning to think Junior did this on purpose. Either way, he'd take it.

Peter adjusts his shirt collar one last time before heading downstairs. Holly sat on the couch in the living room. Her feet were propped up, television on an her recent romance novel sitting on her petruding belly. Peter chuckled when he noticed the book cover. A dashing young man with long, flowing hair, holding a large breasted woman. Their clothes indicated early 17th century. A swashbuckling advnture of a Pirate, a young virgin and their tales of advnture. How cheesy, thought Peter.

Holly grabs his face as Peter leans in for a kiss. "My, don't we look handsome."

"Too much for coffee?"

"Actually, its just right. You look dashing, Peter."

Nick flies around the corner to take a look at his Peter. He was surprised to see him in such an attire as the one he picked out. Although the job required a shirt, tie and dress pant trio, Peter never did enjoy the idea of 'dressing up.' According to him, a tee-shirt with a band name, jeans and his black chucks were ideal for both work and play. Nick still enjoyed to see Peter dress for certain occassions.

"You look great, kiddo."

"Thanks. Where is Ethan at?"

Holly holds up her hand. "Phone call. Sounds urgent."

"Maybe I should stay than." Peter rubs his hands. "I mean, what if-"

Holly sits up, wraps the blanket around her body and stands before Peter. "Do not make me force you out those doors, Peter. I may have this in the way but that does not mean shit. You've been putting this off for a week now. You need to see him, Peter. Even if it's only an hour..."

Recently, Peter and Bigby made the effort to spend some time with one another. Peter feared this would cause problems with his relationship with Georgie but everytime it was brought up as a concern, Georgie always assured his son it was not. Despite what Peter thought, this WAS his biological father. It made Georgie delighted to see Peter make an effort to seek out Bigby Wolf and his half siblings as well.

Peter sighed. "Alright. Alright...if he DOES need me, though-"

Holly hands Peter his coat. "We got this, dear. GO have fun with him. Spend some time with Bigby."

Holly kisses Peter one final time before watching Peter enter the vehicle, start the engine and drive away. Normally Nick followed and assisted Peter with his nerves during the time he spent with Bigby. But not today. as much as it hurt him to see Peter so edgy and nervous, he had to learn sooner or later how to handle the forner Sheriff of Fabletown.

Nick chuckled. How hard could it be? The boy WAS an exact copy of Bigby Wolf.

Peter parks beside the coffee shop just as Bigby walks up to the front. He sets the alarm and joins Bigby for a smoke. Both nod and smile, as they light up their cigarettes. Silence falls in between them for awhile; it was not awkward or vengeful but a sort of understanding. Bigby knew his place in Peter's life and for once, he was satisfied. The idea that Peter was finally speaking to him, rather than causing another screaming riot, was enough for Bigby. After finishing their cigarettes, the two men ordered coffee and took a seat away from the mundies.

"You look good, Peter..."

"Thanks you." Peter takes a sip. "So do you."

"How is everything at the Business Office?"

"Great great. We have our bad days and good. Normal for us. But Ethan and I are doing rather well and Michelle has been a wonderful addition to the crew."

"I hear you gave Gren Grimble's old job?"

Peter nods. "I did. I'm confident he'll do it with pride and be the best damn guard we've ever had. He's a Grendel. Those things are very menacing. You know that."

"I do." Bigby takes out another cigarette. "I also know Gren likes to spiral into a rage most are not prepared for. He has the stamp of 'violent tendencies' for a reason, Peter. You DO know what must be done if-"

Peter glares over at Bigby. The winds causes strands of hair to become loose and fly in front of Peter's eyes.

"I'm NOT sending him away, if that's what you're heading for."

Bigby exhales. "Those are the rules, Peter. You can't just go playing favorites just because he's dating your sister and-"

"No." Peter growls with his answer. "Those were YOUR rules. I'm not you...Gren has NOT had a slip up in years and it would devestate my sister and those babies if I were to seperate them. Gren may be a loose canon sometimes but he's NOT stupid. He'd never risk something like that again to be taken to the Farm."

Bigby agrees. "Well, hopefully it won't HAVE to come to that but risking your job and title here in Fabletown, its something that must be done, should it be heading in that direction."

Peter quickly changes the subject. He refused to speak of Gren in such a manner. "How is everyone? I hear Therese is back....and Darien is....I'm sorry about Darien."

Bigby hangs his head low and quietly whimpers. "There is no need for that, Peter. What's done is done. They'd like to see you and-"

"THEY or-"

"Your siblings wish to see you, especially Winter. You're breaking her heart, Peter. You pick and choose when you take a visit out to Wolf Manor. Remember, you DO have younger siblings here and-"

"I know that, Bigby. I've been busy. YOU of all people should know what the Business Office is capable of."

Bigby sighs. "How is everyone else, Peter?" He knew better to carry on when he sensed frustration in Peter's answers.

"Fine. Living their lives, having their families. Normal stuff."

"Speaking of, congragulations on the baby and the upcoming wedding. Snow and I are pleasd you invited us to the ceremony. We'll all be there."

Since finding out Peter was a father-to-be, his thoughts on Bigby drastically changed. He had Holly not only to thank but his father as well; Georgie was determind to have Peter embrace that side and except that Bigby Wolf was a part of him. Although the two men had a rocky past and never got along, Georgie never took that away from Peter. He never SAW Bigby in his son's eyes or apperance. He was simply his Peter.

"Thank you, Bigby. Looking forward to seeing you."

Bigby taps the lid to his coffee. "So, Peter. About the baby. Am I to be addressed as grandpa or will it remain Bigby as well..."

Peter did not hesitate. "Georgie will always be my father. He may not have created me but the man raised me as if he did. He is grandfather to this child and future ones Holly and I have. I'm leaving that entirely up to you. I can not ignore you, Bigby. People talk and I'd hate for word to get back to MY kids and create hostility. I want them to be loved by ALL the family members, Bigby. Do you get what I'm saying?"

Most men would not have taken that as an answer but Bigby was pleased to know Peter was allowing access into his secret life. With patience, Bigby waited for the day that Peter would grant him permission to step into his world. After all this time, Bigby was in. He'd never tell Peter who REALLY gave him the reassurance as far as their relationship went. Georgie, like time before, was willing to give Bigby the chance. Georgie of all people. Lyla had a say in it but the majority of it came from Georgie. Peter adored Georgie and it showed.

Bigby nods and the two men sit in silence once more. It was not awkward but an understanding.

Any questions, you know the drill. Time to tackle the essay from hell. :P Got Emily by my side; didn't notice but apparently was talking to her about the paper as if she could answer me back with the much needed answers. I keep telling myself just a few short months and I'll be through with this all. :)

• Yeah lol I think I'm one in a million when it comes to reading those XD

I normally just read financial literacy, and other business books.

• We will being more of Meg more often.

And thank you .

Nice to see the flying creatures weren't on Barney's side! And if Meg is at all like Jill Valentine, I'm sure she'll be an asset. If you'd like to use Mr. Weasel and/or Dixa then feel free to do so!

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited January 2015

I'm wondering how Gren will react now that he knows Vivian is there. So far, he seems alright with the idea but we have yet to see him and Emily REALYY sit down and discuss it. I do say, I'm loving the idea of Sunflower so involved with the kids, though. :)

I adore Katie and Jersey; although she is NOT from Jersey, she was still born and raised in NY city and they remind me of that typical Jersey couple. Waving their hands around, yelling, shouting but in the end, they just love one another and family comes 1st. I love knowing that all the cousins are enjoying the new family members. I bet they are just as surprised as all of us when they found out their auntie Emily was pregnant. xD

Also, Peter. You mentioned several times that he and Bigby were now on good terms and I'm pleased to see you'll be covering that. What I'm surious to know, is if Bigby finally explains to Peter why he had to stay away.I know Lyla and Georgie explained; hell, he was secretly taking Peter to the park JUST so Bigby could see him. There is still SOME tension but not like it was. And I'm happy to see Peter stand up for Gren. :) Gren does have that bitter after taste and rough exterior but in the end, he's a total sweet heart and very loyal to those he cares about. I doubt he'd do anything foolish....

Bigby nods and the two men sit in silence once more. It was not awkward but an understanding.

Better than nothing. :) Can't wait for more; looking forward to Thomas, Gren's past, the story about that Knife and more of Gremily's babies!!!! xD <3

Also, your baby Emily! I freaking love that little girl. She's probably looking at you like 'DAFUQ, dad....'

Katie and Jersey bid farewell to their thirteen girls, thanked both Emily and Gren one last time and soon they were heading back into town f

• Isaac is the worryer, the one who blames himself for the things he and his brothers do. Charlotte has spent a lot of time thinking, and she looks at the relatives around her who are still hurting. She finds out what caused the pain in the first place, she's a smart girl, and she tries her best to fix it without changing the future completely. So in other words, she won't change the past, but she'll help those who are struggling to recover from events in the past, like Isaac. And, you know, she helped save the world once ;) With Therese and Reynard. But that was a different future that doesn't exist, so technically that Charlotte doesn't exist, however, MAYBE Charlotte's mind can see all of the outcomes and possibilities in her mind? Maybe Charlotte knows exactly what her influence can trigger, and there's a fifty-fifty chance of it failing or succeeding. It's a fun though to play around with, to be honest. I want to write something later about it all.

I always get excited over my books. I just started the fourth book in the series, City of Fallen Angels, and so far it's good! Certain characters are getting married, others are being idiots already, and so far nothing bad has happened yet ^-^ That won't last long.

Isaac really is a troubled soul; Charlotte must have a very generous heart to come back to the past and help people like this. "It's a

• You should probably read the little blurb I wrote to LupineNoir, because I don't feel like retyping most of it XD

SO happy they're over, hopefully I get all passing grades!

Science fair is poo :( The whole school is required to participate, and then the best is selected to go to state judging and stuff, but I don't got time to make a wind turbine or invent a way to end world hunger XD I'm doing a fairly simple experiment, and it'll take 5 minutes to do. But I still hate it. My friend is coming over to do hers too, so we're helping each other.

I love girls like Charlotte who give people a second chance. ^^ And if Dare does get saved, hopefully it won't change something else for the

• Only one of them lives locally and he's buried in college work :P

If you wanted a drawing but really don't want to give it a go yourself, you could always be extra nice to them and see if they'll draw you one. :P

• You were talking to your daughter about the paper? Man, imagine if she actually did give you the answers you were looking for. Baby genius. ;)

P.S. - Sassy Angel Vivian I'm starting to get accustomed to now. :3

Katie and Jersey bid farewell to their thirteen girls, thanked both Emily and Gren one last time and soon they were heading back into town f

• Yeah; talking to her as if she knows what I'm doing, right? I'm not sure what I'd do if that little girl gave me the answers....-plays X Files music-

I like that. Sassy Angel Vivian. Pretty much what she is; I mean, I probably would be if I had to watch over Emily Porgie. xD

You were talking to your daughter about the paper? Man, imagine if she actually did give you the answers you were looking for. Baby genius. P.S. - Sassy Angel Vivian I'm starting to get accustomed to now.

• You make it all sound like a Bioshock Infinite scenario we're dealing with here: me likey.

Whatever works to help you be efficient and breeze through the fair! I hate it how some schools force students who don't want to participate in events like that, though.

You should probably read the little blurb I wrote to LupineNoir, because I don't feel like retyping most of it XD SO happy they're over,

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

If she does, check for poltergeists in her room or for a sort of Alien goo. XP

Of course you liked the name. I am the one who names, y'know. (damn it, now I'm getting sassy like the two of them!)

Yeah; talking to her as if she knows what I'm doing, right? I'm not sure what I'd do if that little girl gave me the answers....-plays X Fil

• I recall you saying; it's hard to imagine the ramifications to all the other characters if you'd decided to kill her, so it's good she grew on you. :3 Aha, thanks for clarifying!

Yes, it's peculiar but oddly endearing. :P Ah, do you do maths alongside this course or are you generally not keen on maths?

Like I mentioned to you in a previous convo over at DA, I WAS going to kill Emily off but looking back, the Porgies would not be the same an

• Ask extra extra nice? :3 Yeah, that probably wouldn't work. :P

Only one of them lives locally and he's buried in college work :P

• It is! You'd think to learn to suspect them by now, but nope. XD I feel almost ashamed to say that Dewitt and Mary had me slightly suspicious; I'm more pleased that I'm wrong about them than I would be if I'd been right. :P Ahh, Brannigan - she's someone to watch out for!

It's always the person you never expect to do XD Out of curiosity who did you think it was at first? I've got a whole two years to cover and

• Hahaha! Oh man, I guess I can see why Dewitt could've had guilt for killing Rose and Jack. Brannigan will have a role in all this, but will she make it out alive?

It is! You'd think to learn to suspect them by now, but nope. XD I feel almost ashamed to say that Dewitt and Mary had me slightly suspiciou

• Sort of like a time-traveling therapist, in a way? Dragon makes a good point about a similarity to Bioshock Infinite: maybe Charlotte can see all futures, like Elizabeth could see all the doors and the like. Or, maybe not - you've got a fairly limitless idea to play with and whatever you say can fit, really. :D

In the story I'm writing at the minute there's time travel, and it's fun to do! (Though I'm consciously trying to do anything too similar to what you're doing!)

My, my, sounds almost like how a school reunion of mine would go; entertaining stuff. XD

Isaac is the worryer, the one who blames himself for the things he and his brothers do. Charlotte has spent a lot of time thinking, and she

• If I ask him repeatedly then he'll remember, but I'd have to catch him at just the right moment...

Ask extra extra nice? Yeah, that probably wouldn't work. :P

• Well, up until now I hadn't thought that she would die, but now you've posed that question... who knows? D: Other than yourself. :P

Hahaha! Oh man, I guess I can see why Dewitt could've had guilt for killing Rose and Jack. Brannigan will have a role in all this, but will she make it out alive?

• Probably a little while after his finished one piece of college work and just before he starts another, would be my advise. Though you are bound to know him better. :D

If I ask him repeatedly then he'll remember, but I'd have to catch him at just the right moment...

• Hey, no prob, Noir. :) Glad I can be of service.

I've never been very good at it. To be honest, I'd rather write reports, essays, timelines-whatever they need-before I sit and do an algebra problem. :P Yuck!

I recall you saying; it's hard to imagine the ramifications to all the other characters if you'd decided to kill her, so it's good she grew

• Actually even I don't know XD I haven't been writing parts in advance so even I'm clueless on what I want to happen to her. The next part is going to be part of the January challenge but it's not going to be full blown amazing thing like Wolf's was XD

Well, up until now I hadn't thought that she would die, but now you've posed that question... who knows? Other than yourself. :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.