Sansa Hate

Comments

• I thnk the hate for Sansa is similar to the hate Walt's wife, Skyler, got in Breaking Bad; it's so easy to blame the victim and say she should have done something else, but, realistically, if you were her, you probably wouldn't do much different. Average people think they're better than average, after all. And then you have the fact that being like Sansa is all too familiar to some few people, and what they don't like in themselves, they take out on imaginary targets.

So maybe the hate comes from her relatability to people who themselves feel just as powerless or ineffective in their own lives, and can only safely manage to vent their anger online, while Sansa herself just keeps bottling it up (for now).

• He saved her life because IMO he finds the Cat he could never get in her. He's a pedophile and a creep and he can kill anyone he wants, but not if they kill him first.

She IMO would be smart to stay with him. He can kill anyone he wants with a snap of a finger.

• Sansa is a very interesting character to me, with many different dimensions. She appears naive and misguided, but she does manipulate Joffrey at some points, and I think she chooses to fight her battles when she can. For all that she's been through, it would be extremely difficult to not crack under the constant pressure from everyone around her, waiting to see if she'll crack. She was groomed to marry a nobleman, and she saw Joffrey as the perfect one, because he seemed the epitome of her knight in shining armor, her prince.

I think the main portion of hatred for Sansa is because she is a little misguided and fooled easily at times. I think she wants to look for the good in all people, to believe the best about them. Sansa has adjusted herself and adapted to the harsh environment she now resides in. She is trying to survive like everyone else, and I don't think everyone feels she should. Blaming Arya for Nymeria and Joffrey, that was her trying to avoid major conflict with the royal family. Sansa was looking for a way to cause the least amount of damage around her.

• It's a personal preference. Her actress just annoys the tits off of me, nothing more, nothing less.

How? Lol. I'd say she is pretty damn good.

• That's true. This guy has been wanting Stark poosay his entire life, and now he has a decent chance. But how is he a pedophile? Back in Westeros I think if I'm correct, 14 would be of good age to marry and began to have kids if possible.

He saved her life because IMO he finds the Cat he could never get in her. He's a pedophile and a creep and he can kill anyone he wants, but not if they kill him first.

• I like Sansa, in season 1 she was little annoying, stupid young girl who wanted to be "the most liked princess of seven kindoms and marry handsome, kind prince and have kids with him" but now when she has faced the reality, she actually really good and likable character.

• That's not me. I love Sansa to death <3

• Oh it's not the girlyness that guys object to necessarily, guys like confident woman and the character she plays is kinda weak and spineless.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I never really understood why being feminine/girly is a supposedly negative trait among fandom.

• have you read the books? i like her better in the books. she's gorgeous anyway imo

Echopapa posted: »

It's a personal preference. Her actress just annoys the tits off of me, nothing more, nothing less.

• Eh, yeah thats true I guess in Westeros. Still doesn't make him any likeable XD

That's true. This guy has been wanting Stark poosay his entire life, and now he has a decent chance. But how is he a pedophile? Back in Westeros I think if I'm correct, 14 would be of good age to marry and began to have kids if possible.

• I have - and I'm indifferent. I keep saying "it's the actress I don't like, she ruins the character for me."

It's like Dany, her character annoys me (she's proven to be a terrible ruler in the books) and her actress just isn't amazing either.

With the way Dany is being hyped up as the one who can save us all in the Season 5 trailer, I'm banking on her dying. That's GRRM code for next on the kill list.

peachflower posted: »

have you read the books? i like her better in the books. she's gorgeous anyway imo

• Last thing I want is a noble Dany death I want her to die while proving to be a bloodthirsty tyrant everyone knows she is

Echopapa posted: »

I have - and I'm indifferent. I keep saying "it's the actress I don't like, she ruins the character for me." It's like Dany, her characte

• What's worse than the age difference is Baelish trying to use her as an replacement Cat. He couldn't have the mother so he goes after the daughter.

Eh, yeah thats true I guess in Westeros. Still doesn't make him any likeable XD

• Yea, I just think everything about him and his obsession with Sansa is disgusting and can't wait for him to die.

KCohere posted: »

What's worse than the age difference is Baelish trying to use her as an replacement Cat. He couldn't have the mother so he goes after the daughter.

• I like her, and I like what she's becoming. I think it's quite interesting to see her develop as a character from being that spineless, innocent girl to probably a female version of Littlefinger. People will come around eventually, she's still changing, and the two final books/seasons will be huge for her, in my opinion.

• To be honest, she's showing more and more of that Targaryen madness as of late.

Last thing I want is a noble Dany death I want her to die while proving to be a bloodthirsty tyrant everyone knows she is

• edited February 2015

I wouldn't say it's the same. I mean, Skyler cheated on her terminally ill husband. She had control over her own actions and still did such terrible things. I think the amount of hate she received did become ridiculous at one point, but there still are plenty of good reasons to hate her. I would say that the hate for Sansa is similar to the hate for Lori in TWD.

Katalept posted: »

I thnk the hate for Sansa is similar to the hate Walt's wife, Skyler, got in Breaking Bad; it's so easy to blame the victim and say she shou

• edited January 2015

I like Sansa's character for many reasons.

1: She starts young, naive, and really into being a respectable Lady of the time: agreeable, meek, submissive, into hearth and home and those types of hobbies, and interested in providing heirs to her husband. This is the world she lives in and, it may come to a shock to people today, but she may not have been 100% against that position in life. It even baffles her sister, but I like to think Sansa was looking forward to a comfortable Lady's life.

2: Once she sees the horror in store for her, driven home by the death of Lady (her dire wolf), she takes this very feminine standard (for the time/place) and draws great strength from it. Not strength to take action, but strength to steady her emotions. Her emotional hell for ALLL the time she was associated with the Lannisters (Particularly Joffery) would have sent many other women off a balcony. She took it and just hardened herself to it. This is going to help IMO with dealing with Littlefinger.

3: Her time with the Lannisters has showed her that she needs to keep thinking in very adult contexts, even as a girl she needs to remains constantly vigilant in regards to the political climate and personal/political dealings of her associates.

I think we're gunna see more of this manipulative Sansa in the future, especially under Littlefinger's ahem wing...

• Doesn't define her character though. For example, Cersei is a fucking babe but I hate her guts so much.

Clemenem posted: »

Pssh what? Nah pssh Sansa is such a babe

• Pssh what? Nah pssh Sansa is such a babe

• I think she can be blamed for Joffrey's mean streak. Personality traits can't be inherited but they can be taught. I think she turned her son out for the worst. I have to say no matter what I always feel compassion or empathy for Sansa. She's so sweet and mild mannered and does what she's told that's what I like in a woman :P

Doesn't define her character though. For example, Cersei is a fucking babe but I hate her guts so much.

• It's true that shes of marrying age which is how they married her off to Tyrion. Thats only part of why its creepy. Whats really creepy about it is he literally only wants her because shes identical to the woman he couldnt have. Its even creepier that he believes, and told Sansa, that he slept with her mother. In reality he didnt. He was raped by Lysa and was so drunk he thought she was Catelyn. All of this I could forgive, except that he came to her explicitly as a father figure. "Youre mother and I were in love Sansa. Were things different you could have been my daughter Sansa. " And then once she starts seeing him as a potential replacement father he tries to make out with her. Like think for a minute what ust be going through her mind at this point.

That's true. This guy has been wanting Stark poosay his entire life, and now he has a decent chance. But how is he a pedophile? Back in Westeros I think if I'm correct, 14 would be of good age to marry and began to have kids if possible.

• Cersei wanted Joffrey to release Ned as well. Thats all on Joffrey. Dont get me wrong, Cersei is one of the biggest monsters in the series, but this particular thing isnt her fault.

KCohere posted: »

Sansa was in a tough position when it came to Nymeria. Even her father acknowledged that. If she had any hope of marrying a soon to be king,

• This scene has a beautiful environment. I'd love to tear all my of my clothes apart and go swimming to that river. Really.

IMO it escalated at this scene...it was pretty annoying how she defended Joffrey. (annoying at times but i love all the characters in GoT)

• I'm not a big fan of Sansa, but I never hated her. She'll become much more interesting I think :)

• I think it's her fault for exerting no control whatsoever on her thirteen year old son. He did whatever he wanted because she let him.

retroberrii posted: »

Cersei wanted Joffrey to release Ned as well. Thats all on Joffrey. Dont get me wrong, Cersei is one of the biggest monsters in the series, but this particular thing isnt her fault.

• true

Tinni posted: »

Because people misinterpret her character, or just don't like that she's not the stereotypical " anti feminine super strong badass girl who

• By the end of season 4 she's one of my favourite characters, with all the shit she's been through you'd think she'd have broken by now but she still holds it all together, that's why she's up there with tyrion for me. Lots of badass potential! :)

She was a total brat in season 1, but she's more hardened and mature by the end of season 4.

• But it showed how much she loved and cared for him

IMO it escalated at this scene...it was pretty annoying how she defended Joffrey. (annoying at times but i love all the characters in GoT)

• She appeared to take the Lannister's side a lot over her family's during the beginning of the story. What people don't like to bring up much of the time is that she didn't see it as a family battle; she was fixated on Joffery, and she always though he was going to be a good guy and do good things. She was wrong because he was a psychotic 10 year old incest child who was granted ultimate power. So yeah, she fell in love with the wrong guy, and she ended up locked in a castle with him for a while. Don't you hate it when that happens?

• edited February 2015

I don't think it's just that she's annoying (or bitchy). It's that her actions led directly to her father's death. She ratted him out to the queen when he wanted to leave King's Landing, all because of her pathetic crush on Joffrey. It was incredibly selfish and a betrayal against her father. In short, she has no honor. Personally, I don't hate Sansa. I feel sorry for her, but some of her actions are very frustrating. She's definitely more Tully than Stark. I do understand why some people dislike her though. She's whiny, naive, and lacking when it comes to that Stark honor and individualism. She's grown though, as a person, so we'll see. Maybe she'll become stronger as time goes on.

I was wondering why this thread wasn't already here. Although she was a bitch in season 1, she's starting to get more interesting

• edited February 2015

That seems extremely irresponsible of your therapist. I've taken plenty of psychology classes and known therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists and they would NEVER say that to a patient so flippantly. I was diagnosed with PTSD (something that I don't like to talk about too much). It does not make you sociopathic. It may make you unable to trust or form close relationships, but it most certainly does not give you "sociopathic" tendencies. In my psychology classes in college, we learned that using the term "sociopath" is not the best way to describe certain psychological traits. It's a misused, abused, and overused term and it's become redefined over time. True sociopaths have no empathy. They are cold and manipulative. I don't know you, but I wouldn't necessarily believe that therapist. If you want a true diagnosis, you should see a psychiatrist anyways. "Therapist" is a broad profession and many of them are just social workers who are in absolutely no position to diagnose people. Just a thought. Don't necessarily assume that your therapist was 100% correct. They're human too and often make mistakes.

peachflower posted: »

actually, i have been told by my therapist that i do have sociopathic traits but i've been told that im a good person. not sure how that is

• I find Cersei has this different kind of beauty. It's like take a look at a swimsuit model or whatever, and then look at Cersei or Lena, and you get a different type of beauty, like i don't know how to explain it. she's just this new kind of hotness

Doesn't define her character though. For example, Cersei is a fucking babe but I hate her guts so much.

• You mean as a person or a character, if that makes sense? I mean I wouldn't want to spend any time around Littlefinger, he's a reprehensible schemer, but I absolutely love him as a character. He livens up every scene he's in for me; he duels with his words and many of the characters don't even realize it.

I hate him so much

• edited February 2015

Cersei is the way she is because of "Maggy the Frog a fortune teller"

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maggy

• In the show she is not that young.

I remember in the show her telling someone that she was only 14 and I am fairly certain it was in season 4. Anyway, the wiki has her at 16 for season 5. So still pretty young, especially for Old Man Littlefinger.

desd960 posted: »

you're right, but i was thinking more about the show than about the books. In the show she is not that young. Anyway we see that after all t

• As a character I think he is interesting and unique and a great addition to the series, but as a person I hate him. Not loyal at all and a complete perv

Bluebirdo posted: »

You mean as a person or a character, if that makes sense? I mean I wouldn't want to spend any time around Littlefinger, he's a reprehensible

• Yup, I know I've read the books XD

• I haven't read the books so I don't know if her character is portrayed well in the show or not but I just dislike everything about the character. I find her to be uninteresting in every sort of way. Whenever a scene with her comes on the show I instantly cringe, I don't know if it's the actress just being bad or if its the character I'm not sure. However I just can't get invested in her at all, to me she's just there. Never once did I feel sorry for her because the character or the actress just doesn't make me care enough. I hope that makes sense. It's gotten to the point where I'd honestly cheer if Sansa died so they can give me someone else's story that I could actually get interested in.

• edited February 2015

She was thirteen, eleven in the book, she had no idea what was going on between Ned and Cercei, who she trusted,and she was being manipulated by a grown woman. What led to her father's death was a lot of actions from a lot of people, including Ned himself. I just cant buy putting all of this one Sansa's shoulders.

I don't think it's just that she's annoying (or bitchy). It's that her actions led directly to her father's death. She ratted him out to the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.