Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Okay guys! I'be had this thought brewing in my head for days. He stories to all have made are wonderful, creative and a blast to read. But was his ALWAYS how you planned it out?

For example, my original fable was a vampire named Max. Long story short, he worked for Georgie, collected money. (Insert snooze from audience) Told you it was boring...my 2nd attempt came after playing around with different styles to Grendel. Robert would later be brought to life and his strange, yet ongoing adventures in fabletown was born. Also, I never planned on Robert having a son; that came later and thankfully my partner in crime (after weeks of thinking) agreed wih he idea and RJ was born.

So what about you all? How was your fable tale supposed to be? :)

• That's an exciting way to write! And the whole story seems like even more of a mystery given that you don't yet know what will happen. XD Even a small go at it would probably fun; I imagine Celeste would worry a lot if she woke up drunk in Central Park, but, maybe she's more confident in herself when hungover or the like. :P

Tetra posted: »

Actually even I don't know XD I haven't been writing parts in advance so even I'm clueless on what I want to happen to her. The next part is

• Haha, that's quite a length of different work you'd go to in order to avoid some algebra. :P Can't say as I particularly disagree; the thing I enjoyed most about maths was figuring out the answers to problems - such as algebra - with my friend, and the sense of teamwork problem-solving it gave. However, that doesn't work in an exam. XD

pudding_pie posted: »

Hey, no prob, Noir. Glad I can be of service. I've never been very good at it. To be honest, I'd rather write reports, essays, timelines-whatever they need-before I sit and do an algebra problem. :P Yuck!

• Okay, that first sentence had me like 'wait, what?' I'm assuming you're on the phone; I hate that stupid auto correct thing. xD

Anyways, I remember Max. I prefer Robert's tale, though. Originally, Lyla was SUPPOSED to be with Gren. (For like, the 1st couple of pages I was hinting at that.) Georgie was never meant to be but he and Lyla sort of just, well, meshed so well. :) RJ was never meant but it was nice filling in the details BEFORE Georgie and Lyla became one. Peter was originally supposed to be Jack's son and not Bigby. Vivian was never meant to be an angel; she and Junior were supposed to be a couple but after episode 5, things changed. I think Mary suits him better anyways.

Uh, let's see...Oh. Emily was going to die while the Porgie clan tried to stop Peter from becoming the Folker's own personal weapon. Penny and Johann just happened...man. So many changes! xD

JJwolf posted: »

Okay guys! I'be had this thought brewing in my head for days. He stories to all have made are wonderful, creative and a blast to read. But w

• At one time, I could see Gren being possibly envious of Vivian, or at least uneasy about her. Now, however, it seems like they could strike up a happy friendship. :) So long as they can find a more clearer way of communicating; writing in misted up bathroom windows, perhaps? Though Junior would get damp if he came through it at the same time. XD

It's a good thing Peter has become more accepting of Bigby: the tension between them previously wasn't doing anyone any benefits. And Georgie - can't help but smile when he gets mentioned now. :)

Katie and Jersey bid farewell to their thirteen girls, thanked both Emily and Gren one last time and soon they were heading back into town f

• I WISH I had help! Swear, all my friends were idiots in high school and even now. :p My fiancee get's it but she has a difficult time explaining it to me; she was gifted with the ability to solve such hell's spawn in her brain. Not me...so, I just throw my hands in the air and say 'f this, I'm going to McDonalds' xD

LupineNoir posted: »

Haha, that's quite a length of different work you'd go to in order to avoid some algebra. :P Can't say as I particularly disagree; the thing

• Actually no, I was going to investigate Luke and Bigbys friendship more, heck Makoto wasn't even going to be a thing at all! But I scrapped it because at first I didn't know how long I was going to be here on this forum and wanted to see what I could come up with. When I thought I was going to be gone for good I ended it quick, but now that I'm going to be staying I pretty much negated the WHOLE other parts I wrote to start fresh with the story I'm writing now! XD

Okay guys! I'be had this thought brewing in my head for days. He stories to all have made are wonderful, creative and a blast to read. But w

• I riot if Emily Porgie does....

Yeah my phone is being stupid. Anyways, I'm glad you kept Georgie around; he and Lyla do have this certain something. And besides...Gren works better with Emily. Also eww Jack!?! Lol

Okay, that first sentence had me like 'wait, what?' I'm assuming you're on the phone; I hate that stupid auto correct thing. xD Anyways,

• Haha, it is because I sit here when I type it and I wonder if it'd be different if I'd wrote it in advance like some of the others XD it'll be funny! I haven't gotten around to it yet but I have an idea on what's going to happen :D she would probably worry where she was and then be even more worried if Makoto wasn't there to help XD

That's an exciting way to write! And the whole story seems like even more of a mystery given that you don't yet know what will happen. XD Ev

• I was going to do that but there was no need for me to create any more tension between the family; Vivian will indeed have her fun at his exspense, just because she can and after being a guardian to Emily, you pick up a few tricks.

writing in misted up bathroom windows, perhaps? Though Junior would get damp if he came through it at the same time. XD

This made my day and I just pictured Gren and Vivian trying to communicate and Junior appearing through the mirror with a wet face. xD I KINDA have an idea; yes, Emily but what to do when she's gone?

I wanted to have this story include Peter's relationship with Bigby as well; its not the kind of relationship BIGBY wanted but its a start. And yes, believe it or not-Georgie was the main reason Bigby got to see Peter secretly all those years ago in the park, when the Folkers were still hot on their tail. I'm pleased to hear about that last bit with Georgie. :)

At one time, I could see Gren being possibly envious of Vivian, or at least uneasy about her. Now, however, it seems like they could strike

• That is an impressive gift she has; hopefully Emily has inherited it. :D As opposed to the 'f this, I'm going to McDonalds' approach to quantitative long-division or whatever, though it is much more amusing. XD If we had synesthesia it'd probably be okay, where stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to the involuntary activation of another, such as hearing music and seeing colour; there's a number form, whereby a mental map of numbers appears when a person thinks of numbers. Which sounds kinda useful.

I WISH I had help! Swear, all my friends were idiots in high school and even now. My fiancee get's it but she has a difficult time explaini

• I like the whole concept you've created so far; although the 1st idea sounds fantastic, I think that can always be thrown in at later times. Your current story is well done, either way! :D

Actually no, I was going to investigate Luke and Bigbys friendship more, heck Makoto wasn't even going to be a thing at all! But I scrapped

• No...Emily won't go anywhere. My precious Emily Porgie.

Yeah; I've back and read my 1st story and thought 'Maaaaan, what was I thinking....' and yes, Jack but Bigby seemed more appropriate. More stories. Tension. Drama. xD

I riot if Emily Porgie does.... Yeah my phone is being stupid. Anyways, I'm glad you kept Georgie around; he and Lyla do have this certain something. And besides...Gren works better with Emily. Also eww Jack!?! Lol

• I hope so because if not, Emily is in trouble when the time comes for math homework. xD I just drown my sorrows and frustration with the inability to solve any form of math with a Dr. Pepper, Big Mac and fries. xD Snynesthesia sounds wonderful right about now; somewhere along the way my wires with got cut off or switched around.

Sadly, my brain functions better visually; SHOW me how or perhaps a nice image but you can do that with math. As I ponder how to solve this bastard problem, a piece of my sanity deteriorates and I'm in my car heading for a McDonalds once more. :P

That is an impressive gift she has; hopefully Emily has inherited it. As opposed to the 'f this, I'm going to McDonalds' approach to quanti

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited January 2015

She better not; I'm looking forward to her story and digging deep into Grendel's past. :3

I've done that too; you've improved and glad the 'Porgie Clan' was the end result. I can't see Lyla with anyone else and all their children's stories have been nothing but entertaining. :) And yes. Bigby. Ewwww...Jack....XD Also, considering the inccident between him and Georgie. I'm glad you didn't create hostility towards these two.

No...Emily won't go anywhere. My precious Emily Porgie. Yeah; I've back and read my 1st story and thought 'Maaaaan, what was I thinking....' and yes, Jack but Bigby seemed more appropriate. More stories. Tension. Drama. xD

• Maybe I'll put in some of their investigations near the end of this story as flashbacks :) either way thanks Pudding :D

I like the whole concept you've created so far; although the 1st idea sounds fantastic, I think that can always be thrown in at later times. Your current story is well done, either way!

• Heh, I actually thought of that when I was writing ^-^ Bioshock is one of my all time favorite games! Elizabeth is one of my favorite female protagonists, and thinking about it, I've imagined Miss Charlotte in a similar was as her. A totally coincidental (and maybe even subconscious) act on my part!

At least I don't have to do it my senior year :D We only need 3 years of science fair!

You make it all sound like a Bioshock Infinite scenario we're dealing with here: me likey. Whatever works to help you be efficient and br

• Yeah! I actually thought of Bioshock as I wrote about Charlotte, and I really like that it's like that! She's sort of like a counselor, in a way, helping those who need it.

That's cool! And don't worry about being too similar, it is what it is! I worry sometimes being too similar to Pie's story, but in the end there's only so much you can do. Sounds really cool, though!

Sort of like a time-traveling therapist, in a way? Dragon makes a good point about a similarity to Bioshock Infinite: maybe Charlotte can se

• edited January 2015

Don't forget to edit your top sentence later so that others who read it won't be confused. XP

There were so many, many things I had planned for my original tale with Tezoth. Y'know, the story that some of you may remember reading before I abruptly ended it to make an entirely new write for Fayde.

Anyhow, here's a list of what I could've done with Tezoth the dragon thief:

• When I made Tezoth finally come to Fabletown for the first time: I had plans to have him work as a secret operative/thief to help slowly bring down the Crooked Man's crime syndicate for Fabletown's government. The various jobs were going to start as small-time for him, until he eventually worked his way up to the top in order to do the most dangerous of missions. (museum heists, sabotage, that sort of thing)
    • The ones who were supposed to debrief Tez on these so-called missions for the government, was going to be Snow White herself, and Kikimora - a new Fabletown resident and witch I had multiple ideas for. Plus, I was going to make her Russian too.
    • After I had Rose Red meet Tezoth for the first time, I had plans on describing their sudden friendship slowly flourishing into an intimate one. (first date, Central Park scene, and so on)
    • When I had Bloody Mary and her goons (not Dee and Dum) 'kidnap' Tezoth and Snow White from the diner, I wanted to have a scene where Bloody Mary pissed Tezoth off so much that he was going to turn into a full dragon again. Also, a scene where Bigby had to eventually save them from Mary's captivity.
    • Like I mentioned above, Bloody Mary's goons weren't Dee and Dum in my story. Instead, they were OC's of mine that were supposed to be spirits - similar to that of Bloody Mary.
    • When I had Bloody Mary 'mentally torture' Snow White and Tezoth, I was going to do a thing where Tezoth kept on having these nightmarish flashbacks of his past, some of which included Bloody Mary herself in these memories.

Those are all of the major ones I can think of for now. Regardless, I know I'm not the best storyteller, but, you guys seem to be enjoying my writes. ^^

• edited January 2015

Mine too! (however, the first game will always be the best one in my heart) Make sure there isn't anyone named Comstock in her family bloodline either, as that would be quite a downer for her. :P

Very awesome! You can kickback and relax this coming school year, then.

EMMYPESS posted: »

Heh, I actually thought of that when I was writing ^-^ Bioshock is one of my all time favorite games! Elizabeth is one of my favorite female

• Dang that's a lot Dragon! Makes you wonder where the story would be with original ideas. I think we tell our stories in our own unique way so I always love reading your stories and everyone else's stories too! :D

Don't forget to edit your top sentence later so that others who read it won't be confused. XP There were so many, many things I had plann

• Embarrassment

Makoto and Celeste went to the trip trap. It's been a bit since they've gone out together so they went drinking. They opened the door to see Nerissa, Vivian, Georgie, and Gren. Holly must be out because she wasn't there.

"The Fook are you doing here kids?" Georgie said drunk

"Figured we'd stop by and have a drink." Makoto said

"Well we do need some more people, Ross hasn't shown up to the bar in days!" Gren said.

"Nerissa! Get the kids some drinks!" Georgie ordered.

Nerissa sighed got them some drinks and they all started drinking together. Makoto drank slowly, while Celeste to his surprise was downing drinks and shots left and right.

"KINGS GAME!!!" She yelled

"Makoto what is she on about?" Georgie asked

"I don't know George why don't ya ask?" Makoto said sarcastically

Celeste started to get upset. "Makoto! Explain the game and get it ready!"

Oh boy.... Makoto thought "Look we all draw a spoon whoever has the colored spoon is king he will call out a number and whatever he says goes" Makoto said

"That sounds stupid but whatever I'll play your game." Gren said

Celeste took another shot. "Makoto! I said get it ready! Or do I have to come over there?"

"Alright alright here." Makoto said handing over the spoons.

Everyone drew from the pile of sticks, Georgie seemed to be king.

"Alright I'm the king, and I say number 3 has to lay into me!" He said proudly

Gren looked mortified as he stepped back in horror.

"What's the matter Grendel? Looks like you get to lay into Georgie!" Vivian started laughing.

"Fook I meant five!" Georgie panicked

"Sorry Georgie Porgie no changing numbers."

"You better tell no one y'hear? Not a soul, or I'll kill ya in your sleep." Georgie said mentally preparing himself.

While that happened Makoto decided to avert his eyes and shuffle the spoons around and finish his drink. When the girls were satisfied on the performance they started the last round.

"Yes! I'm the king! Or I guess you could say queen." Nerissa said. "Alright so whoever I choose has to strip down to their underwear girls wear no bras, and that number will be.....two!" She said with a mischievous look

Georgie and Gren looked with anticipation as to see who would get it and had high hopes that it would be one of the girls. Makoto looked at his spoon and lo and behold he had the number two. "Fuck me." He said getting undressed. The group noticed that he was lean but didn't have a lot of muscle which surprised them because of the weapons he could carry and fight with. Georgie and Gren were highly dissappointed with this outcome.... Makoto shuffled the spoons, they drew and and it turned out Makoto was king. The girls started shouting out demands for him.

"One should be to sleep with him!" Nerissa said

"I've already done that! Makoto make someone get naked!" Celeste said

"Woah woah aren't we getting a little out of hand here!? We've been humiliated enough!" Gren said

Makoto summoned a dagger and threw it at the dart board. It landed on two. "Two gets naked and has to sit on my lap." He smiled

"Yes!" Nerissa said getting undressed and sits on his lap. This irritated a very drunk and mad Celeste.

"Hey he's mine!" She said pulled her off and sits on his lap.

Nerissa got up and got dressed and sat down, Celeste returned to her seat.

"Celeste you broke the rules..." Makoto said

"Who cares! Shuffle the spoons!" Celeste ordered.

He did and Gren is now king. "Haha! Alright, number four goes home with me tonight free of charge!" He said cockily

"You sound a bit over confident Grendel." Georgie said

"Shit..." Vivian said

Everyone started laughing.

"Hey Gren didn't you say we were going far? You just went a whole 'not her step!" Nerissa said

"I figured why the fuck not?" He defended.

Makoto proceeded to shuffle the spoons and hand them out it seems Vivian was queen.

"Alright whoever is number six has to make out with me tongue passion and all!" Vivian said

"Fook yes! Finally Georgie is winning!" He shouted

Makoto started shuffling the spoons and handed them out, Celeste was queen.

"Alright! Whoever number one is has too...." She pondered nodding off but waking back up.

Holly walked in on the game. "What the hell is going on here!?" She sounded pissed and demanded they leave. They all stumbled their way to cabs and went home. Makoto and Celeste got into their room. Makoto stretched and got another drink from the fridge. Celeste followed him around until he got to the bed.

"I saw your number, now the Queens order is law." She said undressing.

Makoto thought she was going to get her night gown on but she had a more mischievous look on her face. "And that would be?"

"You'll see." She said pushing him on the bed and undressed him...

That's it! I think this may be one of my favorite write ups so far XD Any questions or comments or anything else let me know! :D

• edited January 2015

You're absolutely right on that man, there's no right or wrong way in creating works of fiction. This is why many writers today (including us) can get away with numerous things in the literary world. :D

I concur on that as well. ;)

Dang that's a lot Dragon! Makes you wonder where the story would be with original ideas. I think we tell our stories in our own unique way so I always love reading your stories and everyone else's stories too!

• You made a good call on the whole "not making Lyla shack up with Gren" thing. Georgie was obviously a better choice.

Okay, that first sentence had me like 'wait, what?' I'm assuming you're on the phone; I hate that stupid auto correct thing. xD Anyways,

• It is curious to wonder how things might have turned out if you'd written it differently; do you plan ahead in your mind at all are you really flying by the seat of your pants, so to speak? XD Sounds good already, then. :P Oh, Celeste - hopefully she won't wake up by herself, because then I'd feel really sorry for her. XD

Haha, it is because I sit here when I type it and I wonder if it'd be different if I'd wrote it in advance like some of the others XD it'll

• If Emily is good at math, then you've got someone else to ask for your own mathematical questions, and if she's not so good you'll have someone to join you at McDonald's, so it's win-win either way. xD

I'm much better with visuals too; maybe there's a way to translate numbers into images! In the meantime, I have to say that:

As I ponder how to solve this bastard problem, a piece of my sanity deteriorates and I'm in my car heading for a McDonalds once more. :P

is one of the best maths quotes ever. XD

I hope so because if not, Emily is in trouble when the time comes for math homework. xD I just drown my sorrows and frustration with the ina

• The whole thing between Lyla and Gren, and then Lyla going with Georgie is one of my favourite stories on here, actually. It really looked like Lyla would go with Gren - and now obviously she was going to - and Georgie seemed so unlikely, so it was an unexpected twist. Also, Gren's emotional upheaval and the mark he had to deal with and so forth were interesting to read about!

Glad Peter became Bigby's son; I like to think Lyla wouldn't stoop to Jack's level :3 (why is it so easy to not like the guy? I don't hate him, he's just a bit... sleazy), and the relationship of respect between Georgie and Bigby is compelling after the events of TWAU.

Was it in your tale that Vivian and someone tried to get revenge on someone else? In the past? Or was it JJ's? Or someone else's? So many tales. xD Anyway, interesting to know what could have been. :3

• Makoto seems like such a good fit, especially with all the other characters too. XD I did like Luke though; good to know you'll be staying unlike before!

Actually no, I was going to investigate Luke and Bigbys friendship more, heck Makoto wasn't even going to be a thing at all! But I scrapped

• Kikimora was an interesting character, and Tezoth's missions for the government and scrapes with Mary were entertaining. Fayde is something completely new now, but it's good to know what you had planned. :P

Don't forget to edit your top sentence later so that others who read it won't be confused. XP There were so many, many things I had plann

• The whole marking thing with Grendels and the process (and heartache) it takes to remove them have been bouncing around my head for some time now and glad it works. I had some people kind of mad because Lyla was seeing Georgie but I THINK when she became pregnant with the quads, it changed. I'm honestly glad its Georgie and NOT Gren; the Grendel Clan sounds silly against the Porgie clan. :3 Besides, he & Emily are much better.

I don't hate Jack either but agree with what you said; Lyla is indeed so much better than him and she's known Bigby because of her father, so it made more sense. Also, him and Georgie...DUN DUN DUN!!

In my 1st, Vivian was alive; I finshed the 1st tale WAY before the 5th episode, so she was kind of there and its weird but...things all worked out. She and Gren were trying to stop Lyla and Georgie for obvious reasons. THINK JJ had something too but not quite sure. So many tales but so many wonderful ideas on this thread!

The whole thing between Lyla and Gren, and then Lyla going with Georgie is one of my favourite stories on here, actually. It really looked l

• Fayde brings that mystery that the T man (and now Rose) have been looking for in the city of Fabletown! I'm loving what you've been doing recently. :D

• edited February 2015

Oh, Max! His aptitude with a baseball bat is something that I still remember. :3 Robert is a great character though - he's a very human Fable, in the sense that you can often relate to what he's feeling. RJ adds more to Robert, so it's curious to know he might never have been! And I've said it before but I do think that the whole interweaving storylines that you and your partner in crime have got going on are impressive. xD

As for myself, well, I had this idea that Mr. Weasel (his full name came later) would have to find out just who he was, and what his own story was that put him in the Book of Fables, because he didn't entirely know for some reason or other. Then I decided to have someone actively taking Fables who were being forgotten - and removed from the Book of Fables - to have them killed or something, which was the Rag-and-Bone Man. I never finished that first story (which I'm making reference to in what I'm currently writing), but I played around with a few ideas: killing Weasel off; having the tale of him and the Rag-and-Bone Man be a tale from the past, that someone was reasearching in the Book of Fables and then taking that character forward; and even introducing a character that would have been similar to Dixa. Considering I've only finished two stories, and left the first unfinished, there isn't that much stuff. :P

Oh, and this was where I got the idea of Mr. Weasel from: Wind in the Willows Weasels

I just pictured him as one of the weasel side-characters, similar to the one at 00:42; why this came to mind when I was thinking of a character I don't know, as I've not seen this film in many, many years. xD

• It's an interesting addition to the Fables universe, the mark. Georgie did seem to react disproportionately to Lyla and Georgie even dating, but the Porgie clan is much better than the Grendel clan. XD Gren and Emily do fit very well together.

Oddly fortuitous that Vivian was killed in the 5th episode then, which actually sounds like a terrible thing to write. :P But it seems to have all worked out for the best! And I think it could have been Vivian and Gren against Lyla and Georgie - but it doesn't really matter anymore anyway, I guess. :) Indeed there are!

The whole marking thing with Grendels and the process (and heartache) it takes to remove them have been bouncing around my head for some tim

• I normally write it ahead of time then when I type it I change it around a little bit. :) hahaha nope maybe I'll do that next time XD

It is curious to wonder how things might have turned out if you'd written it differently; do you plan ahead in your mind at all are you real

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Katie and Jersey's thirteen little angels from above were now sleeping on the floor, wrapped in various blankets and sheets. The quads were asleep in their bassinets. Sunflower, taking this moment of quiet, took a seat on the recliner, closed his eyes and ventured off into the world of Forever. Even Puddles the dog took this opportunity to escape the hands and exploring mouths of the quads; although his bed was near the fire place, Puddles took the journey into the bedroom of Gren and Emily.

They were in the bedroom when Puddles walked inside. Both laid on the bed, holding onto one another and admiring their surroundings. Gren spoke of the apartment as if he had regret for ever leaving. But he didn't; the tiny studio apartment was no place to raise a baby, let alone four. Emily deserved to come home and feel protected and safe. A gun hiding above the refrigerator and prepared to blast any intruder was not a life Gren wished to continue. He had a family's well being to consider now.

Gren and Emily remained silent in between the sheets. He took his hands and fingers and gently played with Emily's hair. Gren was pleased to see she had kept it down. The Bowler hat and her hair pulled back was nice; Gren thought it was unique and worked for Emily AS a child but as an adult woman, sadly, all he could see was Georgie. Her desires to take what was leftover from her father's previous life became more than just 'appearing' like him. Somewhere along the line, the monster within took over and became an uncontorlable force.

With each strand he'd lift and watch tumble back with the others, her sweet smell emerged and filled his nostrils with the pleasent scent of fresh cut flowers. Today, it had a hint of green Apple to the mixture. Gren leans forward and buries his face in the forest of ebony locks. Emily giggles, grabbing Gren's arm and wrapping it around her waist. Gren's hands slowly slid to the top and found the mounds of flesh hiding beneath the shirt. Emily slightly moaned when Gren's plam gently topped one of her breasts. Gren kissed the back of Emily's neck, sending the young woman into a passionate state of mind.

"Ya' ain't playin' fair here, Grendel..." Emily clings to the sheets. "Woot if the girls wake up? The quads?"

"Sssssh, Emily...we have time."

Gren flips Emily onto her back and positions himself in between her thighs. Sitting up, Gren begins to remove his jacket and shirt. Emily traces his chest with her index finger. She twirls and plays with some of the hair on Gren's chest as he lowers his torso forward to kiss Emily's lips. Her arms lock around his neck, as Gren's free hand begind to fumble with the hook within Emily's bra. Emily's eyes, however, find themselves fixed on the scar located on his left arm. The same one Beowulf left all those centuries ago.

Her thoughts immediatly went to Thomas and the reasons why he was here. Emily also began to think of the times not so long ago that her questions regarding the scar and past sent Gren into a fit of rage that never ended on a happy note. Gren noticed Emily suddenly becoming mute; sitting up, he notices the location of her dark, brown eyes. Gren usually would have leapt from this bed, covered his shame and medicate himself with a bottle of alcohol. Not this time. Things were disparate.

Gren dimples. "Yes, Emily?"

"Woot?" Emily registers Gren looking at her. "I was just lookin' and...were ya' eva' gunna tell me, Grendel?"

Gren sighs and returns to his original post on the bed. Emily carefully outlines the scar. Although healed, the color remained as if it was torn off just the other day. Perhaps a constant reminder of WHO he once was back in his former life. Either way, as Emily aged she became more and more curious. Now she had to know what the father of her children's life was before all this.

"Eventually, Ems...I never wanted ANYONE to know the shit I went through. Makes you look weak."

"Hm, heard that bloody shit from me own father's lips. We all understood WHY he kept it a secret, though. But ya' can't continue fightin' these demons all by ya'self, Gren. Look what almost happened ta' me mum and dad."

Gren turns to face Emily. "What do you mean?"

"Me father had terrible nightmares; my mum was aware of these and did her best to comfort him. But when ya' partner wakes up, beggin' into the night, screaming in complete agony, it leaves ya' helpless, Gren. Like ya' can't DO a fookin' thing ta' 'elp them."

"He finally told me...about the, ummm..."

"My mum was devestated and felt like he could not trust her. When he finally revealed ta' her the horrible truth, she told us kids there was not a dry eye in the fookin' bloody room. They held onto one anotha' fa' woot seemed like hours. Days...."

"Emily-"

"Do ya' not trust me, Grendel? Because there is a bloody reason why ya' dad is-"

"What? No!" Gren sits up; his voice roaring against the four walls of the bedroom. "I fuckin' trust AND love you, Emily. This shit ain't just about trust. It's the way people tend to look at you differently when the fucking truth comes out. I'd hate to fucking have you do the same and-"

"I'm not THEM, Gren! Nuthin' ya' could eva' tell me will change how I feel 'bout ya' RIGHT now as we speak! I fookin' love ya'!"

Gren sits on the edge of the bed. Emily notices his glare focused on the scar beside him. All the tales that people tossed around; the books and movies mundies created were never anywhere close to the truth. Emily knew that. They managed to find not even a quarter of the story before weaving it into a web of lies for the sake of their satisfaction and enjoyment. Gren heard it all. Emily did as well. Now, here he was, stuck in the corner with his beauty before him. Her begging filled his head, her curiosity struck his heart and those eyes reassured him she would never treat him the way so many others before had done.

Gren exhaled and began to speak. "My father and I had a falling out after the inccident with Beowulf. He turned me away. Blamed me for the fucking shit my mother did."

Emily took her seat beside Gren. Only thing she managed to do was lean against his shoulder and grasp his hand. Gren continued.

"I was a fucking train wreck, Emily. Always got into some fuckin' trouble and she was the one to bail me out. Got to the point where my own brothers hated me. Took me and Robert a long fuckin' time before we could hold a conversation without yelling."

"I remember ya' mentioning that..."

"Even my own father began to look at me differently but never my fuckin' mother. She always knew there was something inside of me. Never believed it until now."

"Gren-" Emily touched Gren's face. He pressed against her palm. "Gren..."

"The noise bothered me. Those warriors were bothering the shit out of me at that Mead hall. I was warned to avoid them. Leave them the fuck alone but I was tired and so fuckin' pissed at the world. So, I took care of it all and destroyed those men and that hall. Word got out quickly and before long, that fucker Beowulf was after me like a Blood Hound on a scent."

"Woot happened next?"

"He cornered me...in a cave. And we fought. I did the only fuckin' thing I knew how and that was tear a person to shreds. I was fuckin' determined to rip that son-of-a-bitch in half. Keep the head as a trophy. But he was stronger and more determined. Fuck. I don't know...but he grabbed my arm here and tore the fucker right out."

Emily stared at the scar. Before long, her lips gently pressed against the warm flesh, as she began to kiss along the rough edges. Gren closed his eyes; his fingers entwined with Emily's, as her gentle and caring touch continued along his skin. Even as he peeked into her eyes, not an ounce of distinction could be traced. Just intimacy, like there always was before.

Gren continued. "I was left there to die. He returned to the village with my hand as his way of showing the world what he had accomplished. I stumbled back to the cave, unaware that I was dying...dying a fucking slow, painful death. I was fucking unaware that my mother was the one to have saved me...I just-"

"Did ya' know how she-"

"She sacrificed herself to keep me alive, Ems. Begged a Witch to allow me another chance in life. She turned into a Weeping Willow, back at the Homelands. My father revealed this to me when I returned. He blamed me....said I wasn't fucking worth saving and sent me away."

Emily grasped Gren's face and pinned her nose against his. Gren heaved and soon, tears poured from his eyes. "It was not ya' fookin' fault. Ya' was worth savin', love...ya' was worth it."

"I wonder sometimes, Emily."

"Just...when ya' dad comes back, please let him talk. Let him. Don't hide in the dark anymore, love. Ya' not alone anymore."

Gren collides against emily, holds her tight and bgins to cry. Emily's touch assured Gren she was speaking the truth; Gren was not alone, her thoughts would never change and nothing he could ever say would change that. For the first time, Gren was indeed in the light and among loved ones. He swallowed back his pride and would allow his father to speak.

Gren answers Emily with a warm embrace. "I will, Ems. There has been one thing on my mind...Vivian. When were YOU going to tell me about her?"

"Well, I was gunna' eventually but after Viviana was born and she could, well...fly. Turn invisible..."

Gren folds his arms. "Uh huh. So...Vivian is your fucking angel, huh?"

"Yup."

"She here now?"

"Nah. She leaves me be when ya' and I got ta' the bedroom."

Gren chcukles. "Well, good to know a dead woman isn't watchin' us have sex."

"No, Gren. She knows betta' than that."

"How long have you....HAD her around?"

"Well, she tells me since I was a baby but I don't remember seein' her at all growin' up. Wasn't until that fookin' shit with Peter...after that, saw her all the fookin' time. But only I could see her. She told me 'bout ya', Gren. That I would fookin' find a soul just as lost and confused as I was..."

Gren pats Emily's hand. "Well, than its a fuckin' good thing she stuck around than. Can I communicate with her or-"

Emily smiles. "We'll bloody figure out a way, love."

Before long, the sound of little girls playing and running around indicate to the couple that their alone time was officially over. Sunflower could be heard downstairs, trying to calm the rowdy crowd. Even Puddles, now sitting by the door, perked his ears up and began to bark. Gren and Emily, hand in hand, exits their room and head straight for the on-going chaotic mess that waited below.

"How the fuck does your sister do this, Emily? The quads alone require so much attention..."

Emily laughs. "My sister is a weirdo and she found the fookin' ying ta' her yang. The Jersey Devil is a bloody nut himself."

Gren agrees, as the pair walk into the Den and round up all the girls.

Any questions, let me know. Oh sunday. Super Bowl. JJ might come over with some subs, pepsi and some goodies to watch the game. The misses can't wait (her team is in it, so she's happy about that) and little Emily is my bright eyed and bushy tailed little girl right now. Love this little girl. :) Plus, gives me an excuse to take a break from this hell hole thesis.

• Despite not being able to finish your original idea, Mr. Weasel (and I'm loving his actual name, too) your current stories are no doubt enjoyable and do your OC justice. Dixa was a wonderful addition and his interest in Miss Cindy adds a little dash of something special. Not to mention the whole attire Mr. Weasel wears. (which was a blast drawing, him and Georgie.) :)

I'm glad you showed this video; freakin' watched it right now and laughed like uncontrollably. (in a good way) I needed this to refresh my mind and to be honest, its nice to see the insperations we all had in creating our OC's. That would also be an interesting topic to discuss, to say the least. :P either way, I can SEE how you got the idea. :D

Oh, Max! His aptitude with a baseball bat is something that I still remember. Robert is a great character though - he's a very human Fable,

• edited February 2015

Kiki would've been more interesting if I continued with Tezoth's story. But despite all that, I've been thinking on including her again in Fayde's adventure - like I have with Tez and Rose. :)

It's the least I could do to share with you guys, of course.

Kikimora was an interesting character, and Tezoth's missions for the government and scrapes with Mary were entertaining. Fayde is something completely new now, but it's good to know what you had planned. :P

• edited February 2015

If by mystery, you mean the two of them stealing lots of valuable stuff from various locations. XD Still, I'm glad you and Lupine are loving my new Irish Fable. :D

Fayde brings that mystery that the T man (and now Rose) have been looking for in the city of Fabletown! I'm loving what you've been doing recently.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited February 2015

I love that picture! <3

Viv with the babies. :)

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the song Wild Angels by Martina McBride but when I do, I always think of Vivian and Emily's relationship. I just love the idea of Viv being there for Emily and trying to protect her from the world she herself was involved in :3 Also, I so ship COUGH Viv and Nick COUGH COUGH

The moments that Emily and Gren share are very precious and I always enjoy reading about them. The tenderness Gren has for Emily, the love and passion can be seen between these two. Its insane how life played out for these two; Gren and Emily were always connected and it took all this BS to show it. It's nice to see Emily happy and Gren finally content with his life, especially after the shit Carla had him go through.

I'm intrigued to hear more about Gren's mother and her sacrifice to save Gren. Hoe did he get the arm back? His escape to the mindane world. The witch-did she know about Emily, too, considering BOTH were lost souls and had to find one another? Also, his relationship with Georgie. Will you cover that; Gren was one of the MANY people to call for his death and didn' welcome him with open arms.

I can't wait to see how Gren and Viv interact. XD This should be good, considering he can not see her; seems like he can pin point her location and that is it....and Puddles. That poor Dog. Also, Sunflower. What are HIS plans?

Ah and the Super Bowl. :P I'll be there LATER on; the game will not start for awhile. Can't wait to see my Emily and Tam's team is going DOOOOOWN! >:D

Katie and Jersey's thirteen little angels from above were now sleeping on the floor, wrapped in various blankets and sheets. The quads were

• That was awesome! If you do anything with Mr. Weasel again, you got to include some more weasels into the fray. However, you don't have to follow my request if you don't want to.

Oh, Max! His aptitude with a baseball bat is something that I still remember. Robert is a great character though - he's a very human Fable,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.