Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

Comments

• PS4 still takes 2 days, pc is today, xbox one tomorrow

theHound posted: »

I live in Holland, it's 13:40 PM now. Does anyone have a clue when i might play this game? Inb4 i get toplay at 11 PM or some shit.

• I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the patch several hours ago, and it still says Coming Soon. I'm extremely annoyed! I thought I'd be among the first to have the episode available since I bought it directly from Telltale. I don't know what's going on.

I'm quite new here and i have downloaded the season pass for pc/mac. I already have downloaded the patch but again, episode 2 is still comin

• if you buy it from steam it comes out in 5:05:24 this was the time when i post this

I'm quite new here and i have downloaded the season pass for pc/mac. I already have downloaded the patch but again, episode 2 is still comin

• Yeah, i purchased it on steam. You reckon i'll be able to play it before dinner? :D

Kn8cK posted: »

PS4 still takes 2 days, pc is today, xbox one tomorrow

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

In the main menu there should be a button that says "episodes" when you click on it you should have the option to download the episode.

If that doesn't work you might need to uninstall Game of Thrones and remove all the files and then reinstall them, you also might need to temporarily move your save folder out of your save directory (C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\telltale games) restart the game and then download the next episode, once that has finished quit and put your saves back into the folder and hopefully that should work. Make sure you backup before doing this process to avoid losing any save data with choices.

• I downloaded the patch on the telltale version of the game, but every time I go on to the episodes menu it asks me to download it again. apparently episode 2 is coming soon. how are people playing it already?

• I need to play this fuckin episode today ! and i cannot wait any longer :(

• Yup I still waiting too. Lol

blazeaglory posted: »

Yeah Ill have to try it for sure. GOT on the GO

• Thread: game of thrones episode 2

hi. can anyone tell me why it still says COMING SOON for episode 2 of game of thrones i am in the uk and it still says coming soon when it was supposed to have been released today. i bought the season pass and still only have episode 1

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If you have the Telltale store version try the suggestion that i posted above

In the main menu there should be a button that says "episodes" when you click on it you should have the option to download the episode.

If that doesn't work you might need to uninstall Game of Thrones and remove all the files and then reinstall them, you also might need to temporarily move your save folder out of your save directory (C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\telltale games) restart the game and then download the next episode, once that has finished quit and put your saves back into the folder and hopefully that should work. Make sure you backup before doing this process to avoid losing any save data with choices.

If you are waiting for another platform it should be released later.

tripitaka posted: »

Thread: game of thrones episode 2 hi. can anyone tell me why it still says COMING SOON for episode 2 of game of thrones i am in the uk

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

What platform are you waiting for?

nerysoul posted: »

I live in Hungary, it's 2:43 PM now. Does anyone have an idea when can I start playing..?

• That seems to have done the trick for me :) Thanks, OzzyUK!

OzzyUK posted: »

In the main menu there should be a button that says "episodes" when you click on it you should have the option to download the episode. I

• To the people who played it,i s the episode really 90 mins long and not intriguing at all like IGN said?

• I live in Hungary, it's 2:43 PM now. Does anyone have an idea when can I start playing..? :)

• You're a godsend! I was wondering why it wasn't downloading. All you really need to do is temporarily move your save folder to reset the settings so it'll download the new episode. Thank you!

If you have the Telltale store version try the suggestion that i posted above In the main menu there should be a button that says "epi

• PC. I know the release date is for today, just the waiting is getting worse, and I'm curious about the exact time :)

What platform are you waiting for?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If it's on Steam it should be around 7 PM CET, if you have the Telltale store version you can download it now.

nerysoul posted: »

PC. I know the release date is for today, just the waiting is getting worse, and I'm curious about the exact time

• Hi guys ! I'm in Thailand and it's 8.47 PM now. I'm wondering when they will let me download ep.2.? My gf is so desperate to see me play!

And I play on PS4.

• Thank you so much! :)

If it's on Steam it should be around 7 PM CET, if you have the Telltale store version you can download it now.

• Told ya. (haven't played the episode yet, but I guess I know why you're pissed. :D)

So I smashed my computer....(not giving spoilers)

• Steam update ze games om 12 uur, tis geloof ik 7 of 9 uur later hier en et zal dan ook pas rond 7 of 9 te downloaden zijn.

theHound posted: »

I live in Holland, it's 13:40 PM now. Does anyone have a clue when i might play this game? Inb4 i get toplay at 11 PM or some shit.

• When will it be released in Europe? (PS4 version) we paid like everyone else but haven't even got a release date... tomorrow? next week? I know it is not Telltale's fault but it's still unacceptable, I don't believe there's no solution to this "problem", every time always the same story.

• edited February 2015

Meanwhile, I have to wait till Friday so I can play the episode, because my laptop sucks.

Oh well... Enjoy the game, everyone!

...I guess I need to stay out of the forums until then, because spoilers. :(

• well that is what we have to take, because our ancestors did not get on the boat

Miklaus posted: »

When will it be released in Europe? (PS4 version) we paid like everyone else but haven't even got a release date... tomorrow? next week? I k

• European PS4 Version will be available on thursday.

Miklaus posted: »

When will it be released in Europe? (PS4 version) we paid like everyone else but haven't even got a release date... tomorrow? next week? I k

• edited February 2015

Why should we have to uninstall/reinstall to get this to work? Answer: we shouldn't. I don't want that hassle. I just want the game on the day it was promised. Telltale should clearly publish release TIMES as well to avoid this from happening, because I cannot find that information easily either. I was already massively inconvenienced with the late mac release so I bought win, and now win isn't working properly!

I tried this anyway (moving the save folder) and after I logged in again I got error message about not being able to connect to telltale servers. On and on it goes.

Right. I have now tried uninstalling as well. This was even worse. Same login error and when I restored my save folder and ran game I was looking at a blank white screen. The only response to the login error, which has been cropping up for years according to google, has been 'get a stronger internet connection'. Well I am right next to a super fast BT hotspot in UK and no difference. It's not us, Telltale, it's you.

EXTRA INFO: I have a season pass bought directly from TTG.

If you have the Telltale store version try the suggestion that i posted above In the main menu there should be a button that says "epi

• edited February 2015

Next game I'm buying straight from Telltale's store. Steam is to slow on the release of new episodes. Got up bright and early, made some coffee and was ready to kill off some people (still waiting and drinking coffee).

• I'm actually really annoyed that the PS4 version in UK isn't out until tomorrow or Thursday, had so many plans to just go home and play this!

It is a sad day.

• ps4 est, when the hell can i get my game of thrones fix on

• If you say the game is available to download on Feb 3rd, it should be ready to download at 12:01am on Feb 3rd, not 10am, or 7pm.

• Thread: Game won't update on steam

I can't for the love of god get the game to update. I live in the UK so I originally thought maybe it's just a small delay here but several UK based youtubers/streamers have already gotten the game to update and have finished recording. I've tried going into the game, verifying the game cache, and changing the update type but none of them work. Not even the recent news on steam has updated. Is there anything I can do to get it to update or am I gonna have to wait for steam to finally realize there's an update waiting?

• Yo know when it's released exactly? I live in Germany and usually they are available around 3:00 AM :O

• Anyone know when the PS4 PSN store gets updated? I got Life is Strange episode 1 in my cart, and I'm just waiting to add Game of Thrones episode 2 before checking out! :)

• Agreed, also if it said PS4 on the 3rd it should be global, no special people here... WE ALL PAID!

sactotkp posted: »

If you say the game is available to download on Feb 3rd, it should be ready to download at 12:01am on Feb 3rd, not 10am, or 7pm.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It should release around 6 PM GMT on Steam.

SerpentXeos posted: »

Thread: Game won't update on steam I can't for the love of god get the game to update. I live in the UK so I originally thought maybe i

• I don't know what's more irritating, that we get it a day late or that they don't even bother telling us in the announcement...

It'd be nice if they actually acknowledged us and that we might want to know when we'll be able to play the game.

Vedun posted: »

Agreed, also if it said PS4 on the 3rd it should be global, no special people here... WE ALL PAID!

• edited February 2015

Sorry for the duplicate post:

Anyone know when the PS4 PSN store gets updated? I got Life is Strange episode 1 in my cart, and I'm just waiting to add Game of Thrones episode 2 before checking out! :)

• edited February 2015

Agreed, it's chemistry 101 "Bullshit".... Literally, I want to play along with all the other fuckers in the world.

I don't know what's more irritating, that we get it a day late or that they don't even bother telling us in the announcement... It'd be nice if they actually acknowledged us and that we might want to know when we'll be able to play the game.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2015

Telltale only has control on when they release the games on their own store (and they usually get a midnight PST release, or slightly afterward). The other companies update their stores themselves, and it's usually in the afternoon in the timezone where those companies are located.

sactotkp posted: »

If you say the game is available to download on Feb 3rd, it should be ready to download at 12:01am on Feb 3rd, not 10am, or 7pm.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2015

The people in the UK who have the game are most likely playing on the TTG store version (as it has been released already, since that's the only storefront that Telltale has direct control over when the game is released) or are playing with press codes.

Steam (like all of the other digital storefronts) has to manually update their store with the release, and that usually happens around the middle of the day, Pacific Standard Time.

SerpentXeos posted: »

Thread: Game won't update on steam I can't for the love of god get the game to update. I live in the UK so I originally thought maybe i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.