Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

Comments

• edited February 2015

I'm playing with Mac and it seems that I have to download the entire game again to get the new episode? Anyone else having this trouble or know another way to download only the new episode? Maybe it's just me being completely blind.

• Just finished the episode. OMG It was amazing, i'm glad I waited.

• I have it on PC, but it still says "COMING SOON" when I load it. How do I get the new episode?

• just restart steam, new episode will be downloaded automatically

steenug posted: »

I have it on PC, but it still says "COMING SOON" when I load it. How do I get the new episode?

• Sweet, thanks. I'm new to this, so I didn't realize that steam needed to be closed even after the game was...

Istibul posted: »

just restart steam, new episode will be downloaded automatically

• edited February 2015

Ok, but what if I bought game outside of steam and have similar issue? I press download and window shows up with info 'You already purchased this episode)... Do I have to download installer of whole game everytime when new episode comes up?

EDIT. Ok path from http://cdn.telltalegames.com/downloads/gameofthrones/pc/patch.html fixed this issue.

Istibul posted: »

just restart steam, new episode will be downloaded automatically

• So viele Deutsche yay ^^

Vainamoinen posted: »

Liegt an der Vorlaufzeit, es gibt nämlich praktisch keine. Telltale kriegt die Erscheinungsdaten letztendlich von Sony und Microsoft gesagt/diktiert, und das nur wenige Tage vor Release. So ist das mit den Episoden bei Telltale.

• edited February 2015

Time zones.

10am in California.

That's all there is to it.

Not sure about PSN but doesn't it usually only update on Wednesdays?

Since when does February 3rd mean some time after 1 pm on February 3rd? I know that sometimes game are delayed in coming out on PSN but usually its always up before at most 9 am...

• edited February 2015

its telling me to install the patch for pc before installing any additional episodes at http://ttg.io. It directly redirected my browser to the download at http://cdn.telltalegames.com/downloads/gameofthrones/pc/patch.html and im installing it now. Thanks telltale for this swift fix! :o)

• yeah, i'm on mac as well. i downloaded a patch earlier today and then it still wouldn't download ep 2, so i'm currently downloading it again/: will it download episode 2 as well now? did yours?

ffew1 posted: »

I'm playing with Mac and it seems that I have to download the entire game again to get the new episode? Anyone else having this trouble or know another way to download only the new episode? Maybe it's just me being completely blind.

• Womderful since I HAVE BOUGHT the Telltale Store version and it still says that the game has been prchased but will be available soon! What a joke, Telltale!

OzzyUK posted: »

The people who already played it played the Telltale store version, the Steam version will be out really soon. The PSN NA version should be out when Sony update their store which is out of Telltales control.

• edited February 2015

Why the hell is my episode 2 still not available on PC bought at Telltale Story if some people here already played it completely?
    And please TelltaleMike - don't apologize again - it's getting silly!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Did you download the patch? Try this link if you didn't http://cdn.telltalegames.com/downloads/gameofthrones/pc/patch.html

MarkoH01 posted: »

Why the hell is my episode 2 still not available on PC bought at Telltale Story if some people here already played it completely? And please TelltaleMike - don't apologize again - it's getting silly!

• edited February 2015

Oh yes. I started the game, got an error message, was redirected and crashed because it could not redirect me - dowloaded the patch manually, patched it - nothing - deinstalled the game reinstalled the game, reinstalled the patch and still nothing.

But because of the usual help from Telltale (which means no help at all) I managed it. I deleted my whole Game Of Thrones Folder from My Documents inclusing savegames, pefs and patchfiles (made a backup of the folder) then reinstalled the game, the patch and now it is downloading. After that I only need to figure out which files I do need to restore my savegames but I think I'll manage it.

OzzyUK posted: »

Did you download the patch? Try this link if you didn't http://cdn.telltalegames.com/downloads/gameofthrones/pc/patch.html

• Just finished, I thought it was great, took me about 2 hours to play, don't know what IGN was talking about.

• I played it, it was about 2 hours long.

To the people who played it,i s the episode really 90 mins long and not intriguing at all like IGN said?

• No changes in mine even after redownloading the game I'm afraid :( I'll try and download the patch again.

yeah, i'm on mac as well. i downloaded a patch earlier today and then it still wouldn't download ep 2, so i'm currently downloading it again/: will it download episode 2 as well now? did yours?

• Thanks for screwing up my schedule Telltale

• Is Ep2 out for people who bought it through Telltale store yet? Mine still is not (mac)

• edited February 2015

not really, what i didn't wanted was a third warrior playable character and i we didn't have it right? I think it would stay that way

• for iOS it comes out on Thursday 5th.

Also you might reconsider playing games on a Mac

Jaddison posted: »

Is Ep2 out for people who bought it through Telltale store yet? Mine still is not (mac)

• edited February 2015

9.5/10. I REALLY fucking loved it! Miles better than Iron From Ice in my opinion.

Pipas posted: »

So, for those who already played it, how would you rate the episode? No spoilers, ofc.

• edited February 2015

steam doesnt synchronyse games in your library every minute, so restarting steam is a quickest way to update new episode right after its release time

steenug posted: »

Sweet, thanks. I'm new to this, so I didn't realize that steam needed to be closed even after the game was...

• I gotta say, the episode was awesome, somewhat better than Iron From Ice.

• Anyone know what time it will be available on the xbox one? Midnight? Noon?

• HAHA! But now all I can think about is that crazy woman XD

Lord of Light! Come to us in our darkness. Cast your light upon us. For the night is dark and full of waiting!

• edited February 2015

• 1:45 Et. and still not on the xbox 360 marketplace...

Anyone know what time it will be available on the xbox one? Midnight? Noon?

• edited February 2015

Thread: It's Feb 4. What time will Episode 2 for Xbox360/XboxOne/PS4 be available in marketplace?

It's Feb 4. What time will Xbox360/XboxOne/PS4 be available in marketplace?

Does anyone know when it shows up in the online store? Does it go by Eastern Time or do we wait for the west coast?

• Anyone else waiting for this right now?

• Any idea when it's going to pop up on marketplace?!

dafis posted: »

yes

• edited February 2015

You'd better get season pass then. It will give you a discount.

gjustinj posted: »

Sorry for the duplicate post: Anyone know when the PS4 PSN store gets updated? I got Life is Strange episode 1 in my cart, and I'm just waiting to add Game of Thrones episode 2 before checking out!

• no idea

BenGajus posted: »

Any idea when it's going to pop up on marketplace?!

• When is it out for Australia (psn)? Starting to get really angry that we dont have it yet and its already 8pm on the 4th of feb, telltale should really say the times of when its releasing for each region.

• Agreed, this is shit. Should be out already, or people should have been warned.

_jt_____ posted: »

When is it out for Australia (psn)? Starting to get really angry that we dont have it yet and its already 8pm on the 4th of feb, telltale should really say the times of when its releasing for each region.

• it's 10:30am in Italy and the game is still not available on PSN, fuck this shit. If Telltale would have announced the global release date fors PSN, i would have been okay to wait another few days, but this is frustrating, i still doesn't know if the game will get released today or tomorrow...

• Please take my money...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale don't have any control on what time it releases on PSN, it should release when Sony update their store. I am not Telltale staff and i don't own a Playstation so i don't know what time that will be so i can only advise that you keep checking the store.

_jt_____ posted: »

When is it out for Australia (psn)? Starting to get really angry that we dont have it yet and its already 8pm on the 4th of feb, telltale should really say the times of when its releasing for each region.

• For Playstation players in Europe: I couldn't find it in the Playstation Store on my PS4, but I was able to download it through the Playstation Store website (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com). Just login with your PSN-account, search for Game of Thrones and you'll see the episode right there for download. If you add it to your download list, it'll download as soon as you start your Playstation.

By the way: I absolutely loved this episode. The choices in it really felt like they had impact, the surprise in the beginning is just awesome and Talia's song will forever stay in my heart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.