Will House Forrestor survive?

edited February 2015 in Game Of Thrones

So I've finished playing 'The Lost Lords' and my god - How much stuff is this house going to go through? Whitehill soldiers going crazy? Mira being threatened and almost killed? This is the sort of stuff I would expect on 'Episode 3' the notorious episode where everything just goes terribly. However this is only 'Episode 2' - I do not want to see what other things this house will have to endure in the next coming episodes. But it brings to my mind a question.

Will House Forrester survive? Is it dependent on our choices? Is this a story of family conquering all? Or will this be a tragedy, in which we see House Forrester fall?

Comments

• With me controlling the protagonists?

Alt text

• WELL...House Forrester is in the books as a scouting house (As I think, I can't remember correctly) for Stannis...So, yes.

• I think the game will end with house forrester winning but think there will be varying levels on how well you do and which character are still alive

• House Forrester survives. Seeing as they march with Stannis's host to reclaim deepwood motte from the ironborn and then march to winterfell.

• I think House Forrester will survive, though there will be at least one more casualty

• Well, a minor mention in one book can't guarantee the survival of the Forresters. I think the Ironrath will be destroyed much like Winterfell, but some of the family will survive - maybe, Talia and Ryon. I expect the deaths of Rodrik (in the last episode, hopefully, not before killing Lord Whitehill) and Mira (in Episode 5, 'A Nest of Vipers'), since they are in the most dangerous position right now.

• I hope they survive i don't want to play as another house if they do indeed make a second season

• Some of them will probably live but I doubt it will a good ending.

• Yes unless they plan to go off Canon.

• edited February 2015

They're still around as of Dance with Dragons, since the Forresters are bannermen to the Glovers and Sybelle Glover declares for Stannis. Forresters are explicitly mentioned as being scouts for his army. I'm really hoping we'll get to that part before the season is done.

Also, while I can see a lot more heartbreak and tragedy ahead, wiping out the house would be an out-and-out downer ending, without a single bit of hope to leaven it. I doubt they'll go that far.

• Agreed, personally I hope that at least half of the Forresters survive the season

They're still around as of Dance with Dragons, since the Forresters are bannermen to the Glovers and Sybelle Glover declares for Stannis. Fo

• Not to be a doom sayer or anything (i truly hope the Forresters survive mostly intact), but just because they exist in book canon in ADOD as Stannis' scouts, does not mean they will play the same part in show canon.

As GOT has shown us, they really are 2 very different versions of the same world.

They're still around as of Dance with Dragons, since the Forresters are bannermen to the Glovers and Sybelle Glover declares for Stannis. Fo

• Well, the game seems to follow the show rather than the book, so they don't necesarrily have to follow the book, but I do think its their intention they get to that point. It also probably depends if they want to have another season of Game of Thrones, and if so, do they want it to continue focusing on the Forresters?

• edited February 2015

I think House Forrester will still be around in some form or another, but as we all know about GoT, there is never a happy or bad outcome. It is always bittersweet, the house may endure, but at a great cost.

Like most of the characters, their greatest strengths often proves to be their downfall, a kind of irony you could say. Rodrik is the brave man who is the perfect man to become lord, but when he finally gets the title, he is nothing more than a crippled man that needs assistance from others to survive.

So, one may get revenge and all that, but in the process one may lose the very thing that is dearest to the character.

• We wont get to that part before season is done. This season only goes to the end of TV show's season 4. If you haven't watched the show, in that point Stannis just arrives to the wall.

• They'll probably never be a whole House again but at the same time I don't think they will be doomed as they are scouts for Stannis during his march on Winterfell. Hopefully they incorporate that in the game when the Whitehill story line is over, that'd be cool to see.

• They are aiming for a bittersweet ending, like the books. Plenty of losses, but the House will survive one way or another.

• You remembered correctly

WELL...House Forrester is in the books as a scouting house (As I think, I can't remember correctly) for Stannis...So, yes.

• While Westeros in the book and Westeros in the TV show are indeed quite different, I still expect Telltale won't mess with book canon without a good reason. Particularly when their whole reason for using House Forrester is because they were given a mention in the books without getting any actual development.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Not to be a doom sayer or anything (i truly hope the Forresters survive mostly intact), but just because they exist in book canon in ADOD a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.