Coal Boy Trustworthy

I was just wondering about Coal Boy, do you think he's trustworthy? Do you think he's going to back stab you? Could he be a spy for a lady/lordling? Let me hear what you guys think.

Comments

• I think he's a Little Bird, so yes, 100% trustworthy.

• What would Varys have to gain from Mira though?

I think he's a Little Bird, so yes, 100% trustworthy.

• No clue, I don't care either, at this point I just look to gain for my house.

Echopapa posted: »

What would Varys have to gain from Mira though?

• Yeah, I also think he's one of Varys' birds. I trust he does want to help me, but no, I don't trust him. This is King's Landing after all. I like Tyrion and Margaery, but I don't completely trust either.

• i think he is a spy, i don't trust him

• She's close to Margery, I'm thinking he'd try that angle.

Echopapa posted: »

What would Varys have to gain from Mira though?

• I too do not trust him completely, he seems too nice and nice characters are mostly always bad in GoT. I believe him trying to save Mira from Damian was just an act, to get Mira into trouble rather than saving her. As if she kills the guard, she will have alerted the Red Keep about some guard being killed, whereas if she run...the coal boy appears in "Next time on", might be a glitch, but still. Though I would like to think he is one of Varys little birds.

• Vary's little birds have their tongues cut out.

I think he's a Little Bird, so yes, 100% trustworthy.

• I'm going to be honest to you, I've never read the books or seen the show other than a few clips. However, JewFreeUs said that the name of Coal Boy in the files is Little Bird.

Vary's little birds have their tongues cut out.

• Well... I'm also pretty sure he's one of Varys' little birds (I think they just forgot he shouldn't have a tongue :P ). So, yeah, he's mostly a spy in that case. But I've always had a soft spot for Varys (don't ask me why), so I'm willing to partially trust the Coal Boy.

• None of them is trustworthy, it's King's Landing.

• Well that's another Telltale fuckup

I'm going to be honest to you, I've never read the books or seen the show other than a few clips. However, JewFreeUs said that the name of Coal Boy in the files is Little Bird.

• No wonder Aerys Targaryan went Mad. ;P

JohnKersky posted: »

None of them is trustworthy, it's King's Landing.

• edited February 2015

He probably works for Varys, but I still trust him

• That's true. The last time he listened an advice (from Grand Maester Pycelle) ended into the bloodbath in King's Landing and his death.

WardenKing posted: »

No wonder Aerys Targaryan went Mad. ;P

• Theory: The coal boy or someone he worked for hired Damien to attack Mira and then the coal boy saved Mira in an attempt to gain her trust or see if he can trust her.

• He's probably up to something, but I'm not sure who's his boss yet (might even be a new character, we're still at episode 2 and all)

• He works for Varys, Varys is a good guy, in my opinion. So yes, Coal Boy is trustworthy. All these theories of him being evil are kind of silly, just saying.

• This.

To be fair in the show they dont, in season 1 that kid talks to Jorah

• To be fair in the show they dont, in season 1 that kid talks to Jorah

Well that's another Telltale fuckup

• No one is entirely trustworthy in King's Landing. But I think he's one of Varys' little birds, and that House Forrester is factoring into Varys' plans. I don't see the coal boy taking an interest in Mira if Varys (or whomever the boy works for) didn't share an interest. So I think he is going to be an ally, or at least useful for the time being, in Mira's attempts to save her House.

• That guy is up to something. I know it.

Mother always said, never trust somebody who doesn't wash behind the ears

• He is, plus you saved his life. He owes you now. And Varys is such a great character, is more trustworthy than Cersei's spies.

• I know I can't trust anyone in King's Landing and he had a damned good reason to do that but he helped me out, so for now I'll trust him a little bit more. Someone's going to betray Mira in the end and it's going to be really really bad...
    But what happens to him if you run away?

• Plus the kid who gives Barristan Selmy his tip about Jorah spying.

This.

• I can't say Varys is a good guy, so I can't decide if the boy is to be trusted

• edited February 2015

I agree with others who have said he's as trustworthy as anyone gets in King's Landing. He did, after all, save Mira's life when he didn't have to.

• That's what i've been thinking too...

Theory: The coal boy or someone he worked for hired Damien to attack Mira and then the coal boy saved Mira in an attempt to gain her trust or see if he can trust her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.