Jon snow?

edited February 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Who is he?

Comments

• Well, before I'm going to type a lengthy explanation... haven't you seen the HBO-series or read the books?

• Not seen the show or read the books, I take it? :)

Jon Snow is the bastard son of Ned Stark. House Stark is the liege lord of the Glovers and the Glovers are the liege lord of House Forresters.

• He is someone who knows nothing.

• Game of thrones series? NOOOOOOOO......... I saw some episodes of that but didn,t like that and hadn,t enough............ patience. Narrow it down.
    Alt text

• You know nothing..

• you know nothing just like jon snow

Alt text

• edited February 2015

Meh

You know nothing..

• edited February 2015

He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Also part of -

I mean...Ned Stark's bastard. Yeah.

• He is Eddard Stark's bastard supposedly... However, there is a theory that he is not actually a bastard, but the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen

• edited February 2015

Alright then. Jon is raised as the bastard son of Lord Eddard Stark. "Snow" is the name they give to all bastard children who were born in the North, just like "Flowers" (Sera's real last name) is a bastard name in the area where the Tyrells live. That's why Jon has the same last name as Ramsay Snow. Ramsay does get legitimized by his father though, after which he is named Ramsay Bolton.

Unlike his brothers and sisters (Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon), he didn't have a lordship or knighthood to look forward to. So Jon decided to join the Night's Watch, where every man can gain honor on his own merit. He kind of romanticized serving on the Wall, and didn't think most of his brothers would just be convicted thieves, cutthroats and lowlives. But he stood with them and served with honor.

Jon became steward to Lord Commander Jeor Mormont, and was the first one to realize the threat of the White Walkers as he had to protect his Lord from being killed by one. He was rewarded with a remarkable sword, named Longclaw. As the Night's Watch went on an expedition to learn more about why the Wildlings (a gathering of barbaric tribes from the North) where moving south so rapidly, he and a small group of rangers were ambushed by the Wildlings.

Ranger captain Qhorin Halfhand ordered him to defect to the Wildlings, to learn as much as he could about them. Jon reluctantly did so, and by pretending to having deserted the Night's Watch, he managed to gain the trust of Mance Rayder - King of the Wildlings. He also fell in love with a Wildling girl, Ygritte. But as the Wildlings marched on to the Wall, he knew he had to leave them sooner or later. And as his Wildling companions ordered him to kill a northern peasant, Jon refused to do it. He killed a couple of Wildlings and ran off. Later, he ran into Ygritte again. As he tried to apologize to her, Ygritte responded by shooting a couple of arrows at him. Severely wounded, Jon managed to get back to Castle Black.

As the Night's Watch was decimated on their failed Wildling expedition, Jon became one of the Night's Watch's leaders. He may even be called upon to become the next Lord Commander. But first, he has to take care of a new recruit named Gared Tuttle... a nice lad who - for some reason - desperately wants to become a Ranger...

Sherlock221 posted: »

Game of thrones series? NOOOOOOOO......... I saw some episodes of that but didn,t like that and hadn,t enough............ patience. Narrow it down.

• Don't take that line personal. It's a catchphrase. Ygritte always says it about Jon: "You know nothing, Jon Snow!" :-)

Meh

• If you don't know who Ygritte is, she is a Wildling who becomes Jon Snow's lover

Rogarth posted: »

Don't take that line personal. It's a catchphrase. Ygritte always says it about Jon: "You know nothing, Jon Snow!" :-)

• Who?

Jewfreeus posted: »

you know nothing just like jon snow

• Nice answer Dude.Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot !

He is Eddard Stark's bastard supposedly... However, there is a theory that he is not actually a bastard, but the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen

• edited February 2015

Did you type it?

Alright then. Jon is raised as the bastard son of Lord Eddard Stark. "Snow" is the name they give to all bastard children who were born in t

• Yes, I did. It's what I remember from the show :).

Did you type it?

• I'll keep that in mind next time I visit Iran ;-).

You like it?

• edited February 2015

Mashallah! When a person do a hard and good work Iranian say:Mashallah!

Yes, I did. It's what I remember from the show .

• edited February 2015

You like it?

Mashallah! When a person do a hard and good work Iranian say:Mashallah!

• real name is Jon Targaryen and he doesn't know shit about anything

• edited February 2015

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............! Escape from Iran! When I was Iran people were horrible.You will see night mare Dude!

I'll keep that in mind next time I visit Iran ;-).

• Alright, thanks. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm considering going to Iran, then :).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............! Escape from Iran! When I was Iran people were horrible.You will see night mare Dude!

• Well,I,m happy cause I made you wise about Iran!

Alright, thanks. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm considering going to Iran, then .

• edited February 2015

Of course I told him I am in love with him...
    I must know nothing.

• Before you all mention the R+L=J Theory, add spoilers or possible spoilers at least, not everyone likes to know those things :)

• Believe me, 99% of us know he has to be Rhaegar Targaryen's bastard, along with Daenyres and Tyrion (Yes, I'm one of those who believes them to be the Dragons Children, which is the belief that Tyrion, Jon and Daenyres are the three heads of the Targaryen Three-headed Dragon Sigil)

He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Also part of - I mean...Ned Stark's bastard. Yeah.

• I'm very certain this is a troll thread so we can give him that "know nothing" reference.

• (?) Iranians will remmember that....

Well,I,m happy cause I made you wise about Iran!

• I'm pretty sure this is a troll, like Herodriver. Still, though, people should just use Google. ;)

• You should know, Sherlock

Alt text

• I knew him OK? This topic is over.THE END. Fine? Every one get?

• LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewfreeus posted: »

you know nothing just like jon snow

• There is not any Iranian here but you said well !

alis-bigby posted: »

(?) Iranians will remmember that....

• edited February 2015

I am Iranian myself!

There is not any Iranian here but you said well !

• edited February 2015

FINE! :)

alis-bigby posted: »

I am Iranian myself!

• You know nothing, Jon Snow. (Imagine I said that with an accent...)

He is someone who knows nothing.

• i don't think tyrion is a targaryen , doesn't make sense at all . I heard about the theory , but it's just doesn't make any sens , But R+L=J is totally true i'm sure about that one .

Barthanax posted: »

Believe me, 99% of us know he has to be Rhaegar Targaryen's bastard, along with Daenyres and Tyrion (Yes, I'm one of those who believes them

• He's one of the three most main characters in the books and show. I doubt George R.R. Martin would've let him live this long if he wasn't.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.