Choice between Cotter or Finn

So, Im starting to think that Garred will become a ranger, and I might be wrong about this because Im not super familiar with how everything works in GoT, but do you think there will be a choice between who will be your assistant or helper, Cotter or Finn?

Comments

• Cotter. Because Finn is a dick and a bully. While Cotter seems to be a nice guy and wants to be Gared's friend. Who wouldn't choose The Potato Fucker over The Bloody Arse?

• Cotter might be a thief but he did it for his sister....and it was only fucking potatoes!!
    unlike that prick who stabbed someone.

• Cotter the Potato Fucker.

• I always feel like I'm making a mistake when the "right" choice seems too obvious

I'll most likely pick Finn because of that

• Cotter. Finn just seems like a jackass to me and I would leave him for dead first chance I got.

• Finn the bloody arse or Cotter the potato fucker. Fucking pick

• Definitely Cotter the potato fucker,Finn is more suitable as a rival and a bully you need to stand up to.

• potato fucker>all

• Nice guy to have on your side though I'm sure Finn is stronger than Cotter

Herodriver posted: »

Definitely Cotter the potato fucker,Finn is more suitable as a rival and a bully you need to stand up to.

• I reckon they'll both die at the battle of Castle Black.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I wonder what will happen if we need choose between them at the battle of Castle Black.

It's hard for me to say who i would choose yet as circumstances might change in later episodes, at the moment i would probably save Cotter as Finn was a dick to me but his better fighting skills and strength might be more useful if i need help in the future.

ClemRanger posted: »

I reckon they'll both die at the battle of Castle Black.

• I would pick Cotter the potato fucker anyday of the week.

• Fucking potatoes is a serious crime 0_0

Cotter might be a thief but he did it for his sister....and it was only fucking potatoes!! unlike that prick who stabbed someone.

• I would choose Cotter, because if we go outside castle black and we get in trouble, I'm sure that Cotter will remember my help instead of Finn who will only remember the black eye I gave him.

• edited February 2015

I have a sinking suspicion that we will make a choice as to which of the Nightswatch brothers to bring with you to the North Grove. The guy you choose and your relationship with him could affect how well or how terribly the mission goes.

Personally, I do not trust Cotter at all. He cowers behind Gared like a baby, refuses to admit his crime even when Frostfinger got involved, and then shows off the knife again after narrowly escaping punishment. He seems to be taking everything as a huge joke, and I can't bring somebody like that into House Forrester's drama if he's going to be a liability. At best I think he will just need a lot of help and protecting, and at worse he will steal from Gared or the North Grove.

Don't get me wrong, Finn was a HUGE prick. But it's like Thorne once said, "Do you want men or boys watching your back out there?". At least Finn is strong, and he passed all of his combat tests as well. If we're going to run into a Wildling scouting party or worse, I want to know that my ally will be able to have my back. I feel like Finn will be an awesome friend if you just get on his good side.

• Hey, remember that Pyp and Grenn started off as douches as well... The game pushes you into making a bad assumption over Finn, which is kinda suspicious.

• I too think Finn will be the right choice when it comes to saving your butt, but he didn't do the crossbow test at all since he thinks its a cowards weapon. I'm going to let him join me if it is ever needed to chose, but i am so mad that i didn't get him his knife back. I bet that is going to affect something at some point.

I have a sinking suspicion that we will make a choice as to which of the Nightswatch brothers to bring with you to the North Grove. The guy

• I don't care if FInn is more useful or stronger, he's over-confident and arrogant - he serves no purpose other than to anger the player. Die now.

• I was kinda hoping that we could all become buds. We clearly have our own skill sets and it would be nice to use it to watch each other's backs. Also the banter between our little group was fun. But then shit went down between those two and I choose to have Cotter by my side.

• That was one of the reasons why I covered for them both at the beginning, I wanted them to be brothers. And yeah, the little group chat before the fight was rather nice.

DoubleJump posted: »

I was kinda hoping that we could all become buds. We clearly have our own skill sets and it would be nice to use it to watch each other's ba

• Yeah I wanted the 3 of us to be friends but it wasnt looking so great

DoubleJump posted: »

I was kinda hoping that we could all become buds. We clearly have our own skill sets and it would be nice to use it to watch each other's ba

• Right now I'd pick potato fucker, but for some reason I don't trust him. I don't know, he just has that look about him

• And his first instinct was to steal from Finn. Even though Finn is a bully, he shouldn't have stolen from him. And Cotter has a ratface... just saiyan.

Kathara6 posted: »

Right now I'd pick potato fucker, but for some reason I don't trust him. I don't know, he just has that look about him

• I don't know. Similar to how Pyp and Grenn always fought with Jon at first, Gared and Finn could end up being best buds by the time a decision like that comes up. As of right now though, I'd pick Cotter the Potato Fucker, though I'm not sure if I trust him entirely either.

• To be fair, it is a coward's weapon in the Got universe :) it's not fun being a snitch but I'm not going to let Cotter cause problems over thievery when there are immediate problems for the Wall and House Forrester.

Hede92 posted: »

I too think Finn will be the right choice when it comes to saving your butt, but he didn't do the crossbow test at all since he thinks its a

• edited February 2015

I would go with Finn. I don't want someone who fucks potato's watching my back and he shot himself in the foot.

• Finn is an oldschool asshole, but Cotter has poor judgement, I think (taking away the guy's weapon was just dumb, and he was the obvious suspect).

Their crimes: Cotter = the "fucking potatoes" incident. Finn = sleeping with some noble's wife and then killing him (or his son, whatever).

If we ever get to go to Craster's, I wouldn't want Finn by my side, that's for sure, and thievery can be a very useful skill to have (I can get buff and do the killing myself), at least in a castle or a keep (not so sure against white walkers).

I must see more before deciding, though.

• I'm very doubtful of Cotter's claim that he was sent to the wall for stealing potatoes for his sister.

• lol

Fucking potatoes is a serious crime 0_0

• Cotter is nicer overall. But Finn would be more useful in battle. However i value friendship over battle skill. So I would have to say Cotter.

• Finn and the choice is easy. Finn is a dumb bully and is easy to deal with. Cotter is a thief, and you cant trust those people

• You can never trust a thief or a coward and Cotter is both.

• edited February 2015

Don't have a solid opinion yet, but this is pretty much why I won't pick Cotter.

ousen posted: »

You can never trust a thief or a coward and Cotter is both.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.