Ramsay Snow Defense Thread

Comments

• ^ well said!

Rogarth posted: »

I could be overlooking things, but how exactly did Ramsay have such a terrible childhood? He grew up with his mother (a miller's widow) and

• edited February 2015

Wow just wow i am a big Bolton fan but Ramsay is a complete maniac and a kinslayer not even Roose would do that hell that´s the only reason Roose has not put Ramsay out of his misery that and he needs a heir.

• Roose is far worse than Ramsay

ousen posted: »

Wow just wow i am a big Bolton fan but Ramsay is a complete maniac and a kinslayer not even Roose would do that hell that´s the only reason Roose has not put Ramsay out of his misery that and he needs a heir.

• How so?

Clemenem posted: »

Roose is far worse than Ramsay

• A traitor and cold-blooded murderer? Hmm, who are we comparing him to, again?

Oh, his psychotic, maniacal, ruthless, sadistic, raping murderer of a son.

Sorry, no.

Roose is far worse than Ramsay

• He bailed on Ramsay 12 years of his life and when he was around he weighed him down and treated him like shit. Roose is responsible for Ramsay

How so?

• Make it seem that way but as seen with Voldemort without love we're all monsters. Ramsay experienced no one caring for so long he lost it and any emotion or humanity in him

Lingvort posted: »

A traitor and cold-blooded murderer? Hmm, who are we comparing him to, again? Oh, his psychotic, maniacal, ruthless, sadistic, raping murderer of a son. Sorry, no.

• edited February 2015

As if there weren't serial killers who had a good childhood and were loved by their parents. In that case, what happened? Did love fail to stop them from going on their killing sprees? Nope, that's because it had nothing to do with love, but with them being fucked up in the head.

Make it seem that way but as seen with Voldemort without love we're all monsters. Ramsay experienced no one caring for so long he lost it and any emotion or humanity in him

• I prefer Roose to ramsey however I like ramsey
    much more than joffrey. I cant say which are worst, I just dislike joffrey especially due to him being cruel and a coward, at least ramsey has balls.

Frey and Roose are both war lords with 0 human traits they're far worse than Ramsay or Joffrey but they get a free pass and live happily ever after

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2015

At least he isn't Hitler. That's a good starting place!

(Oh no! I've invoked Godwin's Law!)

• Sorry, Blind, Hitler was already mentioned on the first page (look for the posts of @GoldenPaladin)

At least he isn't Hitler. That's a good starting place! (Oh no! I've invoked Godwin's Law!)

• Sorry, Blind, Hitler was already mentioned on the first page (look for the posts of @GoldenPaladin)

@GoldenPaladin stole my spotlight! He is worse than Ramsay now.

Sorry, Blind, Hitler was already mentioned on the first page (look for the posts of @GoldenPaladin)

• edited February 2015

Heh, at least he isn't Hitler.

Whoops.

Sorry, Blind, Hitler was already mentioned on the first page (look for the posts of @GoldenPaladin) @GoldenPaladin stole my spotlight! He is worse than Ramsay now.

• That guy is a nut. Who the hell cuts another persons skin off but a serial killer.

• edited February 2015

Never-mind, i'm stupid.

And he obviously isn't doing it because of his tough childhood or lack of his father's attention.

• NOOOOO! :P

Sorry, Blind, Hitler was already mentioned on the first page (look for the posts of @GoldenPaladin) @GoldenPaladin stole my spotlight! He is worse than Ramsay now.

• Sure thing, lol.

Never-mind, i'm stupid.

• I'm pretty sure defending Ramsay Snow is the definition of being a Devil's Advocate. No. There is absolutely no way to justify what he does, he literally enjoys torturing people - I don't care if he had a bad childhood, bad childhoods don't automatically make you a serial killer.

• I'm bad at telling whether something is sarcasm or not.

Sure thing, lol.

• I think being loved has a bigger effect on someone's personality and character than what you're saying. Can anyone really function with no one caring about them and not being loved by a single solitary person. He would have turned out different with a different experience. No one is ever born evil. They're influenced and made

As if there weren't serial killers who had a good childhood and were loved by their parents. In that case, what happened? Did love fail to s

• Read the reek chapter in dance with dragons where Ramsey gets married to fake arya and then try to defend him.

• I think being loved has a bigger effect on someone's personality and character than what you're saying.

You are free to think so. I, for one, am going to stand by my previous points.

Can anyone really function with no one caring about them and not being loved by a single solitary person?

Yes, they can function. "Function" is not a correct word to use in this context. Every man functions. Not every man truly lives.

No one is ever born evil.

However, people can be born with mental diseases. Will you deny it?

They're influenced and made.

Sure, often they are. This doesn't mean there aren't any innate factors that can occur within an individual.

I think being loved has a bigger effect on someone's personality and character than what you're saying. Can anyone really function with no o

• Frey and Bolton hardly get a free pass. Everybody would be happy to see them die.

They difference is that they (largely) do horrible things for personal gain, which, whist still evil, is better than doing it because you enjoy it.

Frey and Roose are both war lords with 0 human traits they're far worse than Ramsay or Joffrey but they get a free pass and live happily ever after

• Yeah. You can see some personality traits in newborns IIRC.

I think being loved has a bigger effect on someone's personality and character than what you're saying. You are free to think so. I,

• Hah, no.

• Only a trace but even new borns have very minimal experience with the outside world. The fact that people are saying someone can be conceived and birthed with evil in their blood is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

The Fallen posted: »

Yeah. You can see some personality traits in newborns IIRC.

• No but its an explanation. Most kids with horrible pasts turn into broken horrid adults

I'm pretty sure defending Ramsay Snow is the definition of being a Devil's Advocate. No. There is absolutely no way to justify what he does,

• he weighed him down and treated him like shit. Roose is responsible for Ramsay

Funny since Lady Catelyn treated Jon Snow like shit and he turns out to be a honorable man who serves the realm instead of raping girls then having them hunted down by dogs and cutting men's dicks off.

He bailed on Ramsay 12 years of his life and when he was around he weighed him down and treated him like shit. Roose is responsible for Ramsay

• i dont think Clemenem is gonna change his/her mind...i gave up :)

he weighed him down and treated him like shit. Roose is responsible for Ramsay Funny since Lady Catelyn treated Jon Snow like shit a

• Everyone pretty much said what I would have said. So I depart with one last thing to say.

k

• An explanation doesn't warrant a defense of the character, a justification would. There is no justification, however, so in my eyes Ramsay Snow remains non-redeemable.

No but its an explanation. Most kids with horrible pasts turn into broken horrid adults

• edited February 2015

They both found different path. Jon found something to love and found a place he was honored, respected and cared about. Ramsay never found that place. Jon had something to live for Ramsay didn't

he weighed him down and treated him like shit. Roose is responsible for Ramsay Funny since Lady Catelyn treated Jon Snow like shit a

• Alt text

They both found different path. Jon found something to love and found a place he was honored, respected and cared about. Ramsay never found that place. Jon had something to live for Ramsay didn't

• Never been afraid of being the unpopular vote kudos for trying though, you fought with honor :P

i dont think Clemenem is gonna change his/her mind...i gave up

• I'm not sure about it being better, but it's certainly not as repulsive.

The Fallen posted: »

Frey and Bolton hardly get a free pass. Everybody would be happy to see them die. They difference is that they (largely) do horrible things for personal gain, which, whist still evil, is better than doing it because you enjoy it.

• :)

Never been afraid of being the unpopular vote kudos for trying though, you fought with honor :P

• But he's a sad boy and that obviously makes it all ok. (read with a sarcastic accent)

So he flayed the guy on the Kingsroad because he was sad...? Or brutally tortures people just for the hell of it? Or cuts a guy's dick off?

• I think I speak for everyone when I say this: "Fuck the Boltons"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.