Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Warn both]

[Accept Carma's offer]

Ellena Talea looked at her father with a worried face, her arms akimbo, letting out a sigh. The captain, usually a stern, but calm man ha

• I won't vote this time however I feel I got a bit lost, Why is Ellena on the ship again? And does she just know terroma from the trip?

Also how can Jenna leave at all isnt she obligated to stay and serve; if she leaves for a while how can she come back and work especially with a strict boss a waiting girl can easily get replaced?

Ellena Talea looked at her father with a worried face, her arms akimbo, letting out a sigh. The captain, usually a stern, but calm man ha

• Ellena basically lives on the ship right now. At the end of Chapter 2, Terroma decided to bring Jaron aboard, so his wounds can get treated. Since then, five days have passed in which Ellena spent her days mainly aboard the ship. She and Terroma know each other since a few weeks, since she decided to sneak aboard the ship in Braavos, but they got along well instantly.

You made a good point with Jenna. I have indeed thought about this. Jenna hasn't and neither has Carma. Harris just gave her a day off, so leaving isn't a problem. Coming back could be, however she does not really care about it right now. She basically panicked, meaning her decisions might be a bit rash now and not exactly beneficial in the long run. Right now, her plan is to hide until the king arrives to name the new lord, in which case she could help bringing Harris down with her knowledge.

I hope that answered your questions!

I won't vote this time however I feel I got a bit lost, Why is Ellena on the ship again? And does she just know terroma from the trip? Al

• [Warn Terroma]

[Accept Carmas offer]

• [Warn both]

[Accept Carmas offer]

• [Warn both]

[Accept Carmas offer]

• Good parts, my hype for Oldtown storyline(s) keeps increasing :)

[Warn both] This is definitely the choice of sweet Ellena :3

[Accept Carma's offer] Run, Jenna, run!

• [Warn both]

[Accept Carmas offer]

• [Warn both]

[Accept Carmas offer]

• Hey Guys, loving the story so far! I just submitted my first character, hope you like him Liquid!

• Welcome, I'm glad you like the story!

I just checked your character and like him very much, thank you for submitting!

Loki522 posted: »

Hey Guys, loving the story so far! I just submitted my first character, hope you like him Liquid!

• edited February 2015

I just wondered about people that send in more then one character, do they/you make a connection/family of character, or scatter them around?

• I have 4 families and some random people

husmusen posted: »

I just wondered about people that send in more then one character, do they/you make a connection/family of character, or scatter them around?

• When you say families, do you mean 4 different family's, or 4 family members?

supersagig posted: »

I have 4 families and some random people

• Different family´s. One is biggest than the others (A LOT) Wanna guess?

When you say families, do you mean 4 different family's, or 4 family members?

• House Manwoody?

Different family´s. One is biggest than the others (A LOT) Wanna guess?

• Nop. That made it @WildlingKing. Some of the members of the family are already introduced

House Manwoody?

• I made three different families. Each with two members except one where there are three.

• Uller or Strad?

Nop. That made it @WildlingKing. Some of the members of the family are already introduced

• My bet is the Mormonts

Uller or Strad?

• I basically made three mercenary company's. with them having two special characters.

Bounden posted: »

I made three different families. Each with two members except one where there are three.

• [Warn both]

[Accept Carmas offer] heres hopin she won't die

Great chapter!

• Nope , not the Mormonts. @husmusen , techically i made both of them XD , but the bigger one is the Strad cause 1 Dayne is actually a Strad and a maester too. 9 Strads :P. The Ullers are 6.

Bounden posted: »

My bet is the Mormonts

• edited February 2015

I'm not going to vote on this one, but I will on the next.

Just wanted to say I'm here now!

• edited February 2015

The Voting is closed!

Ellena will warn Terroma and Jaron

Jenna will accept Carmas offer

This last sentence brings me to a grammatical question: When I write Carmas offer, is that correct? Or would it be Carma's offer?

The new part... well I would love to say that it comes out today, but that's not set in stone. I got busy again and as a result it isn't even close to being halfway written. Since I have time today, I'll try my best to finish it, but I can't guarantee it.

For todays shout-out I have something great for you. Now, I know that some of you don't have the time to follow more than one story, which makes me happy that you chose mine. I also know that not all of you are interested in fanfiction beyond Thrones. Which is perfectly fine. However, if you are interested in stories beyond Thrones and have the time to read other stories, then this story will be worth it, I guarantee!

Today I'd like to give a shout-out to The Road Ahead, by @TWD_25. Do you plan on reading one story today? Read this, it'll be worth it.

The Road Ahead is probably my favourite ongoing fanfiction, not only in this forum. The first Season of this great story has been written, but the writing is captivating enough that catching up should be a pleasure. There is a DLC coming, as well as a second Season.

And if there is any story here who deserves more readers, voters and character-submitters (is that even a word?) then it's this. The story managed to give me, of all people, an emotional reaction, where normally I am the living proof that stones are able to use a computer. Seriously, I didn't even cry when Bambi's mom died, but I got almost a little teary-eyed several times in Episode 5 of 'The Road Ahead'

Yeah... almost... I swear... sobs uncontrollably

So, take my word for it when I say that you won't regret clicking on this link, spending the next hours binge-reading the story and participating in it as soon as the DLC starts. You should check it out here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/74752/interactive-fanfiction-the-road-ahead-episode-5-is-out-now/p1

• An apostrophe would be used making it "Carma's offer". I love The Road Ahead by the way!

The Voting is closed! Ellena will warn Terroma and Jaron Jenna will accept Carmas offer This last sentence brings me to a grammatic

• edited February 2015

Jaron

Jaron raised his head as he heard the door getting opened. He instantly regretted it as he felt his ribs. Even though was no medico, he knew he wasn't suppose to feel his ribs. A painful sigh forced it's way out of his throat. Fucking Butterfly and his fucking thugs! He had spent several of the last days asleep, sometimes with help of the milk of the poppy. How exactly was the Burned Man able to drink it like that?

“Jaron?”, a familiar voice asked, a soft, young voice. Ellena had been almost his only conversational partner during the last five days. The times he was awake, she had asked him all kinds of stuff. His life as a knight. His dreams and goals. She had sounded not too thrilled when he told her about his daily life. This was hardly the first time he had broken his arm, neither was he a stranger to broken ribs. Apparently she had hoped for tales of adventure and he could hardly blame her. After all, he had hoped for more glorious tales too. But neither Ellena, nor he himself had ever heard about the tale of the knight who almost got killed in a nameless alleyway.

“Jaron, you have to get up”, Ellena said and the knight finally lifted his head. She looked quite distressed, her eyes widened in anxiety and Jaron noticed that she was shivering. “Is everything alright, Ellena?”, he asked. She shook her head and Jaron could tell that there was something wrong. “You have to leave”, she mumbled. “You have to leave, because the captain wants to give you to the city guard. They want to interrogate you”, she explained.

Jaron gulped. Interrogating him? He had been attacked, he had done nothing wrong! Except... except the fact that he had allied himself with a known criminal. Perhaps getting interrogated by the city guard wouldn't be a good idea. He gave Ellena a thankful smile, that quickly turned into a pained sigh as he tried to get up. For a short moment, he had to lay down again, holding his ribs, breathing heavily. And he was tempted to call for the sweet milk. “Gods... I don't think I'm ready for this”, he moaned. Ellena rolled her eyes and quickly jumped to his side. “Come on, Jaron you have get up. It's not that hard”, she hissed. “I get up every morning without all this moans and groans”

Jaron gave her a weak grin. “Yes, but you don't have any broken ribs, do you?”, he mumbled, to which she raised an eyebrow. “No, but I am only half your age and not a knight. I bet Symeon Star-Eyes had never moaned about broken ribs”, she answered. Jaron shook his head “No, he was too busy being blind”, he said, but knew in an instant that he just gave her a perfect opportunity to counter that. “True. And he never cried about being blind, he put sapphires in his eye sockets and killed two men with every strike. Do you think he would be a legendary hero now if he had whined about a few broken ribs?”, she scoffed. Jaron rolled with his eyes. Yes, he knew what she tried to do. Ser Matthos had used a similar tactic to motivate him. Then again, Ser Matthos had been four times her age. That girl was too clever for her own good. But he did her the favour.

He made a second attempt, ignoring the feeling of his ribs bursting in pain, ignoring the worrying cracking sound, ignoring the numbing agony. Yes, she was right. He wanted to become a hero? Well, heroes never whined about broken bones. And it could have been worse easily! And finally, he managed to stand up. Ellena gave him a cheerful smile as he stood upright, his legs a little bit shaky, his ribs almost killing him, but standing. “See? It's not that hard. I mean, I don't even expect from you to replace your eyes with sapphires”, she said with a smirk.

Jaron went a few steps forwards, his legs still a bit shaky, but with every step he felt his strength coming back. “That is... very kind of you, Ellena”, he groaned, before looking around for his belongings. His sword was in his room, leaning against a wall. His armour wasn't seen anywhere. As if she had read his thoughts, Ellena shook her head. “They wanted to give it to a blacksmith for repairs. Terroma wanted to pay for it. It's currently in the storage room. But there is no time for that! Grab your sword and get out of here before the captain comes to you”, she ordered. Jaron had only enough time to give her an annoyed nod. She was exactly the little sister he never wanted! Still, he grabbed his sword and opened the door, before he remembered something else. “Ellena... what is with Terroma?”, he asked. He hadn't talked that much to the older man, but Terroma had saved his life.

Ellena's smile was replaced by a frown, as she avoided his gaze for a moment. “I have to speak to him. But I thought you're probably needing all the time you can get to get off the ship”, she explained. Jaron wanted to say something, wanted to ask her what happened with Terroma. How could an old man like him take down three armed thugs? But he noticed the expression in her face and decided to stay silent. It was clear that Ellena and Terroma had some sort of connection. But Jaron could also think that her seeing the old man mowing down three armed men had left a certain impression, one that would be hard to change. Right now, the girl looked at him with determination. “But first I'm getting you out of here”, she said decisively, before walking past Jaron. The knight followed her, considerably slower. Gradually, he made his way to the upper deck, looking towards the harbour. As he turned around to look at her, Ellena gave him a sad smile. “I hope you stay safe, Jaron”, she whispered and for a moment it appeared as if she had almost hugged him. Thankfully for his ribs, she didn't. Jaron smiled at her, as cheerful as possible. “Don't you worry. One this is sorted out, I'll come back. You still have my armour after all”, he said. Ellena chuckled. “Yeah... about that... If you take too long, we might end up selling it, to make up for you never showing up again”, she answered sternly. Jaron had a painful chuckle all the way down to the harbour.

As he walked through the masses of people who spent their day at the harbour, he thought about his future. He got lucky, he still had a future. But still... he entered the city with nothing but a horse, his armour, sword and a bit of money. Now all he had left was his sword. The captain had send men to the Drunken Septon, looking for his belongings. They returned with nothing. Either the Burned Man had taken care of that, or Butterfly found it first. Either way, his journey into this city had been nothing but a bad investment so far. Maybe it was about time that he turned his back on the city, leaving the Burned Man to himself. With the city guard on his heels, it would be for the best. Yes... it would be for the best...

A familiar face in the crowd caught his attention. She wore a plain hooded cloak, but it was still hard to miss her. The strands of dark brown hair with the reddish highlights that were still visible underneath the cloak caught his attention. Harpy was striking in her appearance, with the exotic beauty of a Ghiscari, paired with the fair skin of a Westerosi, or perhaps a Lysene. She wasn't someone who could hide easily. But she saw him the same moment he saw her, her dark eyes widened for a moment. And she wasn't alone. Walking arm in arm with her was a young man, perhaps in his mid-twenties, taller than Jaron, more muscular, with a pretty face. Now... who was that? The other man noticed Jarons stare and gave him a slight smirk.

Harpy shook his arm off and came a bit closer. “Ser Jaron? What exactly are you doing here?”, she asked in disbelief. Jaron took quite a bit of delight in the fact that he had taken her by surprise. But as he wanted to answer, he felt something else inside of him. He had been on this ship for five days. And not even once had the Burned Man contacted him! “I could ask you the same, mylady”, Jaron hissed. “What are you doing here?” He noticed that his voice sounded a bit more angry than he wanted to be and Harpy's face darkened.

The other man caught up to Harpy. Jaron noticed that he was armed. A fine longsword and a second blade, a bit shorter. “Is there any problem, Harpy?”, he asked. So, who was that guy? A bodyguard? Harpy didn't even look at him. “What I am doing here? I was on my way to visit a certain knight who we thought to be dead the past week. That would be you, in case you hadn't notice”, she answered. “After the Burned Man spent the past week trying his best to locate you before Butterfly does it, I take the considerable risk and leave the hideout, only accompanied by Martin here” she gave the other man a handwave. Ah, Martin... “And when I come here, I find out that the brave knight already walks around the city like nothing happened and has the nerves to ask me what I am doing here”, she hissed. Yes, apparently Jaron had hit a nerve with his question. He opened his mouth for a considerably more friendly answer, as he saw Harpy's eyes widening. She said a single word, a single short and harsh word in guttural Ghiscari. Jaron didn't even need a translation for this. Words like this existed in every language and they always mean the same. She took a step closer, almost hugging him and grabbed his healthy arm. “Turn around slowly. I'll stand behind your back. Don't move. Martin, stand to Jaron's right. Make sure he won't see me”, she whispered.

As Jaron turned around, he felt Harpys hand grabbing his healthy arm. She was shivering. Down the harbour, a few dozen feet away from them, walked a man, accompanied by two others. He was one of the men who were always accompanied, but never accompanying. He wasn't exactly tall, in fact he was a bit shorter than Jaron, with dark brown, almost black hair and quite pale skin. Optically, he wasn't that imposing. But the way he moved through the crowd, making lesser men step aside, the way he looked at the peasants, making them flinch... This man was dangerous.

“Who is he?”, Jaron managed to ask. The other man... Martin?... let out a mocking chuckle. “Fucking Fang of Shadows that’s who he is”, he hissed. Harpy let out a sigh and Jaron felt her hand clenching. “Samuel Harrington”, she explained. “The Fang of Shadows. Never heard of him?” Jaron shook his head and Martin started to grin. “Come on man, don't bullshit us. Every mercenary in Reach knows that guy”, he scoffed. Jaron gave him a glare. “I am no mercenary”, he stated. Well, technically that was true...

Martin's smile faded. “Oh, I'm sorry Ser Jaron. I forgot, you're truly such a marvellous knight”, he growled. Before Jaron could answer he felt Harpys hand on his broken ribs. She didn't hurt him, in fact she barely touched them. But the message was clear. “Don't say a word. Don't let Martin provoke you. If the Fang notices us, we're all dead”, she whispered. Jaron gave her a nod and watched the man. “His name is Samuel Harrington. He is a mercenary”, she explained, leading to another chuckle from Martin. “That's a bit too easy, mylady Harpy. Calling him a mercenary is like calling Galladon of Morne a knight. The Fang is a legend among mercenaries”, he added. Even though Jaron could not see her face, he could almost feel her glaring at Martin. “I was about to add that, thank you”, she hissed, before continuing her explanation “Samuel Harrington, known as 'The Fang of Shadows'. One of the best you can hire for money, at least in this part of the known world. The only associate of Butterfly we know about”

Jaron gulped. This man was working for Butterfly? “Why haven't you killed him, if you know that he works for Butterfly?”, he asked. Harpy put her hand on his shoulder. “It's not that we tried, Ser Jaron”, she explained. Martin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. “We lost twelve men. Good people. Friends”, he added.

“Eventually the Burned Man decided that Harrington wasn't worth loosing another dozen. Right now, he is more useful to us alive than he is dead. We know him. We keep an eye on him. We learn about some of Butterflies moves. If we kill Harrington, we loose this possibility” Harpy's voice sounded sad for a moment, while Martin looked at the man with anger. “As soon as I have the possibility, I'm going to put a sword through his throat. Don't ask me to hold back, Harpy”, he hissed.

Jaron saw how the man approached the ships. What was this Fang doing here? Looking for him, maybe? “And Butterfly keeps up with an associate you know about?”, he asked. Martin nodded slowly. “Probably. But Harrington is too good for that. Butterfly knows, the moment he let's the Fang go, the Burned Man makes an offer. Believe me, you don't want that guy against you”, he said.

Yes, Jaron could believe that... He took a step forwards as he realized where Harrington was heading to, leading Harpy to gasp in sudden shock. The Princess! He was heading towards the Pale Princess! As he stepped forwards, Harpy caught up to him, grabbing his healthy arm. “No!”, she whispered. “Butterfly only uses him when he has nothing to hide. Harrington won't slaughter them. He will come for you. He will see that you aren't there and he will leave. If your friends don't do anything stupid, they're all going to survive. Please, don't give him what he wants. Don't throw your life away for nothing”

Martin's smile returned. “My, my, Lady Harpy, you sound worried”, he chuckled. Again, Jaron didn't even need to see her glare. “Of course I do, dimwit. You know what Butterfly would do to him”, she hissed. Martin gave her an apologizing nod. “Aye, mylady”, he said before looking at Jaron. “You should listen to her. If you go anywhere near that ship, they will get you. They will bring you to Butterfly. And you will die. Slowly. Some parts of you might die earlier than others”

Jaron let out a sigh, followed by a short shiver of pain. Fucking ribs! Fucking Butterfly! But deep down, he knew that Harpy was right. He was without armour. He was alone. And he had to fight against a man who oozed danger with every movement. Still, he had to close his eyes as he saw Harrington boarding the Pale Princess. Ellena...

As he turned around, Harpy gave him a consoling smile. “He won't kill them. The Burned Man has half the city guard in his pocket. Butterfly pays the other half, but still, he can't do something like that, not in broad daylight”, she said. Jaron shook his head. “The people there... I owe them my life. Ellena and Terroma. If anything happens to them, I'm going to kill him”, he answered. Harpy's smile faded. “And I will help you. If that convinces you to come with me now instead of throwing your life away, I will help you”, she promised. Her dark eyes had a hard glare on them as she grabbed his arm. “We're going to one of our hideouts. Now. We have to plan our next steps. Some things happened the past week. None of them were pretty. Things have changed tremendously”, she explained and linked arms with him. As she noticed his surprised stare, she smiled a devious grin. “People are quick to overlook a happy couple. Just smile, Ser Jaron. Even Martin managed to do that”

The mercenary laughed. “And it was a torture with every step we made, mylady. Remember, Ser Jaron. One wrong move and the Burned Man will roast your balls”, he grinned. Harpy laughed, a clear and bright laugh, completely unfitting to the accomplice of the Burned Man. “I have to apologize, Ser Jaron. He is terrible!”, she smiled. Jaron found it hard to smile back, given the circumstances. But he had to admit, as he walked down the alleyways of Oldtown, he felt better than he had for days. Still, his thoughts wandered back to the Pale Princess... And to Butterfly. Who was that man? Was it even a man? Jaron knew only one thing for sure: He wouldn't leave this city as long as Butterfly was still breathing! But right now... right now he only wanted to rest again. His ribs weren't fully healed, his left arm was numb and it would take weeks until he would be able to use it again. But it could have been worse

They stopped next to a small door, leading into one of the tall buildings in Oldtowns lower city. Jaron knew these kind of buildings, he was born in a similar one. Of course, the house he was born in has been a whorehouse, but it it has been strikingly similar from the looks. This house was obviously home to the poorest of Oldtown, people who barely had enough to live under a roof. Harpy led him inside the building, into a plain hallway and up a small staircase, into the second floor. There she opened a door without a lock, leading into a rundown complex of rooms. She looked at Jaron and after a short moment shook his arm off. “I assume you can walk the rest without my aid”, she said and walked into a small adjacent room, which led to a small chuckle from Martin. Jaron gave him a cold glare. This man got on his nerves pretty fast! “You find everything funny, don't you?”, he asked. Martin's chuckle intensified. “Oh, come on, Ser Jaron. You look like I kicked your dog. You should have seen your stupid ass grin all the way. The bastard knight, arm in arm with Lady Harpy. You have any intentions with her? Well, sorry to disappoint you, but that's just her being nice. The Burned Man keeps her for a reason, right?”, he asked. His smile got brighter and Jaron resisted the urge to punch him. Instead he noticed a dirty sofa and walked towards it. Intentions? Like in romantic intentions? Sure, there was worse company than Harpy. She wasn't bad, for a criminal. But how did Martin get this impression? With a relieved sigh, Jaron sat down on the sofa.

“Don't let him provoke you, Ser Jaron. Sometimes only he thinks he's funny. In your language you may call him 'asshole'”, Harpys voice sounded. Apparently the walls were thinner than it seemed! She walked into the room again, carrying a small tray with three cups on them. “And the Burned Man keeps me, because he wouldn't survive a day without his Harpy watching over him”, she proclaimed, with pride in her voice.

Martin let out a bright laugh. “I'm just kidding you, Ser Jaron”, he said and sat down next to Jaron. “Why don't we introduce ourselves? My name is Martin Wilshere. I may not look like it, but I was born in Braavos. Both parents have been Westerosi, so I figured I might try my luck here”, he introduced himself, grabbing one of the cups and taking a sip, before making a disgusted grimace. “Ugh, is it this Arbor stuff? Tastes like someone pissed in it”, he scoffed. Harpy raised an eyebrow and looked at Jaron. “Martin is an okay guy, if you keep up with him”, she explained. “But I can understand when the last thing you want right now is spending time with us. Himani will meet us here in a few hours. He is reliable and already knows you, so I figured he would be good for the things I have planned”, she explained and grabbed one of the cups. As she took a sip, she made a grimace as well. “That's indeed not the Arbor stuff that should be here. The Burned Man likes to give his guests a bit of comfort, but the urchins tend to steal all the valuable stuff. I have to speak to Himani about that once he is here”

Jaron looked at Martin who gave him a friendly smile. “Listen, we may have started wrong, yeah? I understand if you don't want to talk. Dealing with Harrington will be difficult for your friends, I'm not lying. If you don't want to talk, there is a bed in the other room. You can sleep for a few hours, until Himani is here, I guess. But I'd like to learn more about the newest member in our small group of outlaws”, he said.

Jaron looked at Harpy, who gave him an approving smile, then towards the door. Yes, he was tired...

[Stay awake and talk to Martin and Harpy] [Go to sleep]

• [Stay awake and talk to Martin and Harpy]

Jaron Jaron raised his head as he heard the door getting opened. He instantly regretted it as he felt his ribs. Even though was no medico

• [Stay awake and talk]

Interesting.

Jaron Jaron raised his head as he heard the door getting opened. He instantly regretted it as he felt his ribs. Even though was no medico

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited February 2015

[Go to sleep]

• [Stay awake and talk to Martin and Harpy.]

• Nothing more beautiful than unanimous decision xD

• Alt text

bitch

Crips posted: »

Nothing more beautiful than unanimous decision xD

• gus

u fuker

bitch

• [Go to sleep]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.