Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• There's something just so right about Bigby and Snow; it's always enjoyable to read about them, and their unique granddaughter. XD

Meanwhile, Mary seems to be her charming pregnant self, and Elora and Anubis already seem a very cute couple. :D

I also spent Valentine's Day doing much of the same with video games and sitting on my chair; it seems Dragon had a good idea with the bed. XD

Also, it seems surprising Cupid never turned up in any of the Fable comics!

EMMYPESS posted: »

Valentine's day. A day for budding romance and kindling the flames of love in each separate Fabletown household. Let's visit a few of our fa

• Great to see dragon Tez in an epic battle with Omnimaax! :D It would be a spectacle to behold.

Using some some magic, he transforms into a karate master

'KUNG-FU WEASEL'.

I have to reference this in a future story; you've found a hidden depth to Weasel and I like it. So, thank you. XD

Bit of a horrific ending to the chapter! Draco must surely come out on top, but it's a grim fight.

MasterStone posted: »

Chapter 9, Prison Break Part 2 Tez and Weasel guided the group of captured Fables towards the room where Robby, Meg and Georgie were ta

• Tez avoids it with ease then places Mr. Weasel down safety then resume his battle.

Just grateful you didn't flatten/cut/burn me there, you ol' dragon, Tez. XD

Holy shit @LupineNoir, you kicked ass (and balls) in this chapter! I fight a demon as well? This is just getting more and more awesome.

• Glad you enjoyed!

LupineNoir posted: »

Great to see dragon Tez in an epic battle with Omnimaax! It would be a spectacle to behold. Using some some magic, he transforms into

• edited February 2015

Gahh, I love these two. :3 The song fits very well - good choice! Can kind of guess what Dewitt's sacrifice probably was; Makoto, Celeste and Ella (charming name) can be together because of it, though. :) And your drawing is lovely - it's nice to see Makoto safely asleep with Celeste watching over him. :D

Tetra posted: »

Valentines Day The song goes with this small bit and has meaning so if you want to play it you can if not you won't miss out on too much

• Awww! It's like we've already got another mini-member on the forum. ^_^

JJwolf posted: »

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! Got a hot date with this little beauty while mommy and daddy go out tonight. Uncle JJ is ready, baby girl! Love this little puddingpie!

• I figured that was more down Elora's alley XD

Ah, the bed. Much more comfortable than my computer chair. I have desktop, so it's kind of hard to be more portable XD

LOL, they went and saw the Spongebob movie instead? Genius! P.S. - I did the same on my V-Day too, except that I was sitting on my bed so my butt was pretty comfortable. XD

• You see it too? They're literally my favorite couple in Fables because they're just so perfect together. Seeing Snow with any other man would just seem unnatural, and same thing with Bigby and other women. Guess that's why I never supported Faith/Bigby or Nerissa/Bigby ships, lol!

Oh, you KNOW it! There will, of course, be plenty of her in coming chapters XD Elora and Anubis are so adorable <3 So glad I came up with the idea of them. I just felt like Elora was so lonely, she needed someone to make her happy.

Right? Maybe I should do something about that XD

There's something just so right about Bigby and Snow; it's always enjoyable to read about them, and their unique granddaughter. XD Meanwh

• They're literally my favourite couple in Fables because they're just so perfect together.

This has made my day :')

Now issue 149 is going to ruin it all :'(

You see it too? They're literally my favorite couple in Fables because they're just so perfect together. Seeing Snow with any other man woul

• Oh you know it D': I'm not looking forward to it!

HazzatheMan posted: »

They're literally my favourite couple in Fables because they're just so perfect together. This has made my day :') Now issue 149 is going to ruin it all

• Lol, no I get you! I meant it's a curse as in, I hate getting my period, and she probably does too XD

I meant luxury as in like, her finally getting to do these feminine things instead of just reading a book or pondering what life is about mo

• Well Snow hasn't seen Bigby yet...

I can imagine him emerging from the woods and Snow drops Ice, covers her mouth and maybe, just maybe, sheds a tear at her love's horrific appearance :/

But there is still much left for Willingham to get through!

Oh you know it D': I'm not looking forward to it!

• edited February 2015

Oh gawd... I'm suffering due to lab classes, which last between 8AM-5PM, and the only time you get to sit is during lunch break. What makes it even more awesome is my incompetent lab partner, who simply does not follow instructions. Not sure if it's because of his abysmal English, or he just thinks he's "da shit." It's been a draw so far...

Who doesn't love Genesis? By the way, welcome back man. How's Germany?

• Not sure if it's because of his abysmal English, or he just thinks he's "da shit." It's been a draw so far...

Well my day has just been made by this sentence alone! XD

Seriously that sucks man... You have to follow instructions with Science :/

(Yeah, I love Science...) :P

Anubis85 posted: »

Oh gawd... I'm suffering due to lab classes, which last between 8AM-5PM, and the only time you get to sit is during lunch break. What makes

• Yeah, and I had to repeat an experiment because of him-there was this reaction where I kept emptying out a test tube with vacuum so that the initiator wouldn't come into contact with oxygen. I sealed it, gave the tube to him so he can hand it over to the supervisor- AND HE FUCKING OPENED IT. HE RUINED THE EXPERIMENT.
    (At least the failure gave me the opportunity to joke about it- I got to say "Well, this experiment was just like my last relationship; all that time and effort for no result") XD

Not sure if it's because of his abysmal English, or he just thinks he's "da shit." It's been a draw so far... Well my day has just b

• That song has a specil place in my heart, because it depicts my misadventure in dental school. XD XD

Since you had the girls dance to Like a Virgin - I just HAD to post this in response. Plus, Weird Al was around in the 80's so it'd be perfe

• A little something from me during my "downtime" and I'll add more when I have some time (which is why I decided not to post it on fanfiction.net yet):

Chapter 5

“Much to my dismay, I am unable

To see the whereabouts of this Fable.”

Bigby glared at the Mirror, while Snow stared glumly ahead. Maran was silent as she put out her Huff’n Puff in the plastic cup she was holding.
    “So…if I understood correctly, this Crooked Man, who is now a crow, is on the loose?”

Bigby kept staring at the Mirror, trying to hold his rage in check. He fished out another Huff’n Puff- he needed to refill his stock-and tried to concentrate on the smell of burning tobacco to calm down. “We should have thrown him down the Witching Well. This is what happens when you don’t listen to your instinct and do shit just to appease the crowd.”

“Well Bigby, it was the only decision that kept Fabletown together, in case you forgot.” Snow finished her cup of water and got up to join them.

Maran’s frown softened slightly, thanks to the idea she had. “Who was with him last? The guy who was supposed to take him to the Farm? Flycatcher?” Maran continued at Bigby’s nod of approval. “Why don’t we look for him first, and anyone else who went with Flycatcher.”

Snow shrugged. “Better than nothing.” She cleared her throat.

“Mirror, Mirror, show us Flycatcher

Not Invasion of the Body Snatcher”.

Mirror gave her a pointed look.

“Dear Snow White, must I say,

That the movie is not said that way?

But I will accept your rhyme,

And not take more of your time.”

None of them were ready to see what the Mirror would reveal once it stopped shimmering.
    Flycatcher’s truck was in shambles, with bits and pieces strewn about. It was as if something took a big bite from the truck, chewed and spit it out. A trail of blood and oil swirled, pooling not far off the car. Flycatcher was breathing heavily, possibly from the pain his unnaturally bent leg was causing. Mr. Toad and Junior were lying not far from him, with Junior trying to call out to his father.

• "Well, this experiment was just like my last relationship; all that time and effort for no result"

I can think of several people I know who think that about their exes :P

Well I wouldn't have opened it :D

But if he's such a dick and constantly bigs himself up (He's 'da shit'? Is this guy for real?) why don't you say something to him or get a new lab partner??

Yeah, and I had to repeat an experiment because of him-there was this reaction where I kept emptying out a test tube with vacuum so that the

• edited February 2015

Thing is, he literally doesn't understand me when I tell him to be careful, i.e, not to leave needles exposed, to close drawers and cabinets,etc. So I'm not sure if he's being intentional or not-that's how bad his English is. Plus, we've been explicitly told to "suck it up and deal with it,as we won't get to choose the people we work with in 'real life'". But the bright side(?) is that I only have four more experiments left, so that's what I'm doing-sucking it up. I guess it could be worse.

"Well, this experiment was just like my last relationship; all that time and effort for no result" I can think of several people I k

• I personally think I'm starting to get better at drawing facial expressions, even if they may seem basic-looking. :P

Did you steal these for me?" "Yes, yes I have. Ohh, Tez. XD I love how he's just standing there all casual while Rose has thi

• I'm positive that every girl feels the same way - Fable or Mundy alike. XD

Lol, no I get you! I meant it's a curse as in, I hate getting my period, and she probably does too XD

• I read your other comments to Hazza, and all I can say is good luck, really! You should get extra credit (if that's even a thing over there) for having to deal with an idiot like him.

Oh gawd... I'm suffering due to lab classes, which last between 8AM-5PM, and the only time you get to sit is during lunch break. What makes

• Weird Al would be proud, probably. XD

That song has a specil place in my heart, because it depicts my misadventure in dental school. XD XD

• Yep, your lab partner could try and throw the experiments on you :/

Well good luck either way :D

Thing is, he literally doesn't understand me when I tell him to be careful, i.e, not to leave needles exposed, to close drawers and cabinets

• I'll need all the luck I can get! :D

I read your other comments to Hazza, and all I can say is good luck, really! You should get extra credit (if that's even a thing over there) for having to deal with an idiot like him.

• Again, welcome back like I said before! Hopefully, we'll have the chance to see more of Maran's adventures in the future. :)

A little something from me during my "downtime" and I'll add more when I have some time (which is why I decided not to post it on fanfiction

• Then take another good luck in epic gif form, since that's kinda my specialty. XD

Alt text

I'll need all the luck I can get!

• I desperately want to keep writing about her, since I have ideas. I just hope I'll be able to write them in a way that doesn't end up crappy. :)

Again, welcome back like I said before! Hopefully, we'll have the chance to see more of Maran's adventures in the future.

• I have to ask you this, Dragon:

How do you post gifs?

Also where do you find these? (And find them so quickly?!)

Then take another good luck in epic gif form, since that's kinda my specialty. XD

• Doood! :D

Then take another good luck in epic gif form, since that's kinda my specialty. XD

• I'm grateful too. After all, I don't want to kill my weasel buddy. XP

Tez avoids it with ease then places Mr. Weasel down safety then resume his battle. Just grateful you didn't flatten/cut/burn me there, you ol' dragon, Tez. XD

• edited February 2015

I recommend writing your chapters in segments, instead of just typing it all in one sitting. Consider it a tip - if it's going to help you in any way.

I desperately want to keep writing about her, since I have ideas. I just hope I'll be able to write them in a way that doesn't end up crappy.

• I think that's what I will eventually end up having to do, since I have very little time to finish a chapter in one go. :/

I recommend writing your chapters in segments, instead of just typing it all in one sitting. Consider it a tip - if it's going to help you in any way.

• Look on the bright side, at least you had popcorn! Popcorn is literally one of the best snacks to munch on. :)

pudding_pie posted: »

I'm with JJ's comment. I can only imagine but we all know how Bloody Mary can get sometimes....XD It was just awful. I don't get the hype about it but the Mrs. wanted to see it so can't say no....:P

• edited February 2015

Quality before quantity, I always say. (I don't actually say that, but I wanted to say it to sound inspirational! XD)

I think that's what I will eventually end up having to do, since I have very little time to finish a chapter in one go.

• I could tell you, but, do you consider yourself worthy to learn my gif-posting skills? >:)

I have to ask you this, Dragon: How do you post gifs? Also where do you find these? (And find them so quickly?!)

• Well I asked you first...

But if you don't wanna play ball then I shall take my questions. Elsewhere :P

I could tell you, but, do you consider yourself worthy to learn my gif-posting skills?

• Welcome back, man! Hope everything is going great on your side of the world. Looking forwrd to more of Maran;s tale and the ongoing adventures. :)

A little something from me during my "downtime" and I'll add more when I have some time (which is why I decided not to post it on fanfiction

• edited February 2015

Harmony handed out cookies to her favorite nieces. She watched as they raced back to the living room, Rachel's pigtails bobbing while Eleanor's loose curls flew past her face. They plopped on the rug, near the four baby-bouncers set up for her newborns. The babies were getting so big already, and Harmony was already beginning to miss how little they were at first.

"Oh, can you get the door?" Tim asked as he sat on the floor with the children, juggling between changing a diaper and entertaining the girls while Sesame Street played on the television. Harmony hadn't even realized the bell rang. She dodged a flying red ball and picked up a crying infant as she reached the other side of the room, careful not to step on any legos or markers on the way. She twisted the door handle and was actually surprised to see who it was.

"Mary," Her voice came out as quizzical. "I thought we were keeping the girls overnight?"

"Oh no, honey," Mary said, reaching out to touch the baby in her arm. She smiled. "No, you'd be surprised how UN-horny I am when I'm pregnant."

"It's true," Hans said, as if they had to convince Harmony. "I remember when she was having Rachel. It was terrible. And then directly after, there was Eleanor. I-"

"Erm," Harmony said. "You don't have to go into detail. So, you're here to take them back, then?"

"Yes," Mary said. "AND, the other munchkins. Like this little one," And with that, she lifted Adeline out of Harmony's arms. She went to protest, but Mary quickly shushed her. "No. You don't get any say in it. Go get a sexy dress on and do your make-up for once; You look like you got smacked in the face by a preschool."

"I might as well be in one," Harmony muttered. "What's this all about, anyway? Me and Tim are content at staying at home-"

"Then the reservations will have been wasted. A shame. Give me your children and go."

"But-"

"HARMONY!" Mary said, half angrily, half jokingly. "Take this opportunity to have a romantic night, child-free. My day has been amazing without my kids, but I miss them, and I miss your kids too, and you deserve to have some time alone with your hubby. Now, GO!"

Harmony stood there, slightly shocked, because that may have been one of the nicest things Mary had ever said to her. She let Mary push past her, as she gathered the toys off the floor with one hand while the other cradled Harmony's daughter. Hans followed shortly, taking two of the other babies in his arms. Tim handed the last baby to Ash, who'd just stepped downstairs to see what was the commotion.

"I'll help you, Aunt Mary," she said, while holding Jason.

"Oh, I'm sure you will," Mary said. "I figure you'll be helping mighty fine while you're playing Carter's Xbox with Frankie. But you can tag along."

Ash laughed, helping to grab the diaper bags (They need at least two, for so many babies.) and soon enough, the room was cleared of all children. Tim was chuckling, a goofy smile plastered across his face.

"Can you believe her?" He said, in between laughs. "She's a riot."

"She's my riot," Harmony said, sighing. "Well, you heard her. Go get a nice suit on. She left a note on the coffee table on where we're going."

"I hope it's someplace nice."

"Yeah. I think she also left an envelope. Must be the money to pay for it. She didn't have t-" But Harmony paused. She'd been opening it as she was talking, and now that she was looking inside, there wasn't only cash inside of it. There were two plane tickets, that leave in another couple of hours.

"That can't be right," Tim said, though he knew his words were useless. Mary had hooked them up on a trip. Harmony should have known Mary was up to something bigger.

"Well, we can't back out of it now," Harmony told her husband. "Get packing. And pack a nice suit, because I'm sure she wasn't lying about the dinner reservations, either." She read the label on the tickets, figuring out where they were going. Her eyes nearly popped from their sockets.

"What is it?" Tim said.

"We're going to England for a few days, and then Paris for another few days, and then back home. It's a week, total."

"Well shit," Tim said, "A week without our precious crying stinky angels?" He chuckled again.

"Oh, stop," Harmony said, playfully punching his shoulder. "We better get a move on, before the plane leaves without us."

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Tim teased. They followed each other up the steps, with a bounce in their footing, because it had been many years since the last time they took a foreign vacation. In fact, the last time they did, was the first time they'd ever kissed each other.

Ash was filled in on the real details as Hans drove their minivan across New York to get to their apartment. They hastily fastened each carseat respectively, and although all the babies were safely in their seats, Rachel had to consequently share a seat belt with Eleanor, leaving Franklin and Ash to sit on the floor and duck their heads down whenever a police car passed.

"So me and Hans, we've been planning this for a few weeks for them, because ever since Harmony'd got pregnant, she's seemed very overwhelmed with you assholes-"

"Hey, I'm only an asshole when I'm hungry," Ash retorted.

"You're always hungry," Franklin reminded her. That gave him a good slap to the back of the head. Ashlyn couldn't help but notice how much bigger he'd gotten already; He looked 15 at this point. She was positive that everyone noticed now. He rolled his eyes and scooted away from her an inch.

"ANYWHO," Mary brought the conversation back in. "She deserved a break from the norm, and so we booked them both a romantic getaway. I wanted originally to send them back to the place that they finally professed their undying love to one another - Yes, I know, gross - but I figured they needed something new to spice things up."

"Sounds awesome," Ash said. "Where did you send my other siblings, though?"

"What?" Mary said. "I didn't send them anywhere. I figure Noah's too busy with his midnight gal, Robert's been spending most of his time visiting Haven for 'no real reason' and Elora is-.....Shit, I have no fuckin' clue."

"Great babysitter you are," Ash joked. "But Elora's at Hazel's apartment. Ava wanted to have a sleep over, and invited us girls, but only Ellie went, because I told Mom and Dad I would help with these little ones. Now I'm helping you, instead."

"Oh, right. RIGHT! Ava told me she'd reel you two in. I forgot. Well....yeah."

The rest of the ride was short lived, as the apartment building crested over the horizon. Hans parked like a raving maniac on a curb, nearly running over a lady with her dog. Or, maybe that was a man with moobs and long greasy hair. And that might have looked like a rat, now that Ash thought about it.

Homeless weirdos aside, Ash was excited to be spending about a week with her favorite Aunt and Uncle. After setting up two pack-n-plays for the babies, getting the girls ready for bed, and pulling out Mary's old blow-up bed, Ash plopped down across the ugly green couch in the living room and turned on some toons. Everyone was asleep, as it was late, and she normally liked to stay up past normal human sleeping hours. Those hours were the best for inspiration, as she chomped on cold pizza and drank some cola out of a two-liter bottle.

It was inevitable, that Franklin join her, once the coast was clear.

There was an unspoken uneasiness between the two. It was so damn obvious that he liked her, and the fact that he was overwhelmingly awkward about it made the situation that much more comical and complicated, at the same time. Ash shivered when his skin touched her, because although he was only half-vampire, and ate people food and could go out in the sun, he still felt chilly, like ice-water. They were watching Family Guy, because lately Adult Swim had crappy shows on. Plus, she didn't think her dear Frankie was quite ready for most other overly adult television shows. He was only now becoming a 'man' of sorts. Another few weeks and he'd look as old as she was, maybe even have a mustache or something totally fucking awesome.

"I don't get it." Franklin said after a while of watching the show. "Why are there so many fart jokes?"

"It's a cartoon," Ash said. "It's supposed to be funny."

"I miss watching Pokemon every morning. But now I'm overly tired whenever I try to wake up early."

"It's the teenager settling in you. We're like....vampires," She joked.

"Well, then I'm all set, right?"

"Hungry?" She passed him a bowl of chips.

"Thanks."

This was the extent of most conversations the pair tended to have. Normally, they'd debate about videogames and politics and the fact that school bathrooms have a 50 percent chance of carrying herpes on the toilet seats. Probably. But now, things seemed to be morphing into something deeper. Like their words to each other mattered more than they ever did before.

"You know, I was joking," She said. "You seem a little offended."

"Joking about giving me food?"

"No," She said. "The vampire part? You're supposed to laugh."

"But I didn't."

"You would have if you were younger..." Ash immediately regretted her word choice. Crap, crap, crap.

"Really?" He retorted. "It's not like I chose this!"

"Shh," Ash shot him a warning look. "Everyone's sleeping-"

"I don't care!" But Franklin DID lower his voice some. He stood from the couch, so tall. His pants looked like capris on him. It was likely that he'd grown another inch or two in the last few hours. Ash copied him, standing to meet the height of him. Their faces were perfectly a line. Her heart tumbled downward, butterflies creeping in her otherwise pizza-filled tummy.

"I'm sorry," She whispered. "I didn't mean it."

"Does anything you say, does it mean anything?" He asked.

"What do you-"

"Do you love me?" His breathing became labored, as if saying those words was a workout. He was sweating, which was understandable, since the room was hotter than the sun. Ash moved her arms upward, to push his messy hair out of his face. It was brown and feathery, still the same way it had been when he was a boy. He wasn't a boy any longer.

They kissed. It was slightly unexpected on both parts, as Ash hadn't remembered ever leaning in, but still felt as if it were her who set the whole thing in motion. They wrapped their arms around each other, feeling each other. He was actually a bit muscular; Ash figured it had to do with being part-vampire. She winced as his incisors bit down on her lip, but the pain was mixed with euphoria.

"I love you," She said between gasps. "I love you so fucking much..."

And then he pulled away from her, as quickly as it happened. Ash felt hurt for a moment, as if he didn't want her any longer. But looking in his eyes, she knew he wanted more than kisses.

"We have to stop," He warned her. "I'm...not ready."

"It's okay," She told him. Her hand grabbed his, and she just hugged him, tighter than she ever hugged him before. "It's okay."

"Are you sure?" He sounded sad, as if he were really hurting her.

"I'm positive. We can take....whatever this is....slow. If you want."

"I do," He replied. "I do want to take it slow. I....need to get some sleep. So do you, it's nearly midnight."

She kissed him one more time, lightly on the cheek. "Of course. Goodnight, my little bloodsucker."

Franklin inwardly chuckled, a sign of his normal self returning. Another bout of butterflies filled Ash's stomach, and the urge to pull him in for more kissing presented itself. But she let go, and watched as he shuffled across the floor, his pajama bottoms fitting snug around his legs. His T-shirt had the imprint of her hand still on it, and Ash slowly sunk down on her air-mattress that lay in the center of the living room floor. She slept better that night than she had since the day she was born, as if an enormous weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

That took a while to write, but it's probably one of my favorite chapters I've written <3 Basically, a continuation of Valentine's Day! I wanted this one to be special, and I kind of winged it, but in the end, I think I did super well. Hope you liked it!

• edited February 2015

Alright, wiseass, I was going to help you anyway. XD

It's simple, really. All you need to do is:

1. Copy the link of an image in gif format you want to use
    2. Click the image icon above the forum comment box
    3. Paste the image link in the text bar and click ok (the link should appear in the comment box as a result)
    4. And finally, post the comment

EDIT: I mostly use Google images and a few gif websites to find my gifs, like giphy for example.

Well I asked you first... But if you don't wanna play ball then I shall take my questions. Elsewhere :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.