Exactly how many soldiers does Ironrath have?

I counted four at the funeral, seven at the gates, not counting Ser Royland. No wonder Ramsay Snow said "[it is] a pathetic little army"

I also think that 20 Whitehill men is child's play to your average lord.

Comments

• They had that 'pathetic little army' before Ramsay showed up and after Ethan died a lot of them apparently fled, so they may not even have ten men left.

• I think they only showed a few so there would be less on the screen. I'm sure there were more than that at the time, in episode 2 however I'm pretty sure Royland says that most of them fled after Ethan was killed :p

• One of the options you had playing Rodrik when the Whitehill Soldier blocked his way was to say that he could have him killed. The entire Forrester family and household would die before any of them could touch him.

JakeSt123 posted: »

They had that 'pathetic little army' before Ramsay showed up and after Ethan died a lot of them apparently fled, so they may not even have ten men left.

• I remember somewhere in episode one they said they had like 50 soldiers.

I think that the Whitehills have 10x more. My memory of Iron From Ice is fading, but yeah.

• it makes me wonder how the Whitehills even pay the soldiers if they had no Ironwood to sell.

I remember somewhere in episode one they said they had like 50 soldiers. I think that the Whitehills have 10x more. My memory of Iron From Ice is fading, but yeah.

• Well Ironwood isn't the only currency in Westeros, just the one Ironrath uses :P

it makes me wonder how the Whitehills even pay the soldiers if they had no Ironwood to sell.

• Then what do the Whitehills do to make money?

Green613 posted: »

Well Ironwood isn't the only currency in Westeros, just the one Ironrath uses :P

• edited February 2015

Not sure, I don't think they ever say in game.

EDIT: NVM the best answer ever is below me.

Then what do the Whitehills do to make money?

• Sell Lard. Ludd Whitehill is a walking factory of the stuff

Then what do the Whitehills do to make money?

• good question, i was thinking the same question.

• Alt text

Sell Lard. Ludd Whitehill is a walking factory of the stuff

• Lol

Sell Lard. Ludd Whitehill is a walking factory of the stuff

• Alt text Thanks, Cap'n!

Not enough.

• I was gonna comment that, Golden.

Not enough.

• Sorry for stealing your thunder. :P

I was gonna comment that, Golden.

• well whitehill his 20 men as garrison, and the forresters can't beat, so under 20 soldiers i suppose

• Did you turn completely Jewfreeus?

well whitehill his 20 men as garrison, and the forresters can't beat, so under 20 soldiers i suppose

• God can you imagine being a Forrestor soldier right now? Granted you'll have so many empty bunks to move around and create a cool bed fort with a "no girls allowed' sign on it, but I would feel pretty screwed that my army just turned into a squad.

• Alt text

Crips posted: »

Did you turn completely Jewfreeus?

• edited February 2015

Ironrath 2.0, made out of nothing but beds

DoubleJump posted: »

God can you imagine being a Forrestor soldier right now? Granted you'll have so many empty bunks to move around and create a cool bed fort with a "no girls allowed' sign on it, but I would feel pretty screwed that my army just turned into a squad.

• who's jewfreeus

Crips posted: »

Did you turn completely Jewfreeus?

• I also say that the Sellsword army Asher will bring back would be 5-15 on-screen Sellswords

• Probably more than that

I also say that the Sellsword army Asher will bring back would be 5-15 on-screen Sellswords

• you're right. Maybe even a dragon :O

Probably more than that

• edited February 2015

btw love your name :)
    hopefully Lord Norren comes to the rescue for the Forresters!

Alt text

• edited February 2015

Norren's epitaph: "he has yet to plow the entire Whispering Wood"

I wanted to do Tazals_Missing_hand but I couldn't find the image of his Hand

Edit: woops, wrong comment to reply to. I meant to reply to the comment above

Lol

• I think the whole of the Forrester army was with Robb at the Red Wedding.

No doubt, being a bannerman of House Bolton, Ludd was told ahead of time and managed to pull out his soldiers before the slaughter or even had them take part in it himself. This meant the Forrester's army was killed and the Whitehill army was left survived and untouched. Any army that the Forrester's had afterwards in Episode 1 were remnants from the wedding or newly trained.

Either way, I'm pretty sure the fact that Ramsey & Ludd believe they only need to place 20 men and his fourth-born son to keep the Forrester's in check shows that they're very weak at the moment.

• Maybe the Forrester army consists of only guards at this point, because of the wedding. Can you even count guards as soldiers I wonder?

Davissons posted: »

I think the whole of the Forrester army was with Robb at the Red Wedding. No doubt, being a bannerman of House Bolton, Ludd was told ahea

• What if Ludd was actually the commander of the Whitehills at The Twins?

Davissons posted: »

I think the whole of the Forrester army was with Robb at the Red Wedding. No doubt, being a bannerman of House Bolton, Ludd was told ahea

• I counted about 10 when Ramsay arrived

• Before Ethan died: around 50

After Ethan died: 5-10

• Alt text

Gary-Oak posted: »

Before Ethan died: around 50 After Ethan died: 5-10

Sign in to comment in this discussion.