Would you prefer it...

If Rodrik's wounds never fully heal?

Let's be real here, he was stabbed, crushed by a horse and spent at least a week without having his wounds treated. There's a willing suspension of disbelief up to his being able to kind of walk afterwards but wouldn't it be better if he remained at least somewhat handicapped? We already have Gared and Asher as skilled fighters so there's no real need to make him be one as well. I personally think he'd be better off as a character relying on strategy, like Mira. In my opinion, it would be more interesting if he stayed as he is at the moment, but without the arm cast thing.

Comments

• I certainly hope so. I hadn't even considered that there was a chance they would fully heal. I thought it was obvious that they wouldn't for the reasons you gave. Him surviving was implausibly miraculous enough. Getting back to 100% would be stupid.

• I would prefer him to remain critically wounded throughout his span in the game. Although he won't be able to fight well, he's still a pretty kick-ass character as proven with episode 2.

• edited February 2015

Well I hope his leg gets better alteast, his arm too, but Im guessing his scared face is staying forever

I mean Garred was stabbed in the leg too, and he's just fine

• To be honest it would just be a plot device if hey kept him injured and maintaining the name Rodrik The Ruined. I did call bull shit about him surviving the same way I did with Kenny

• It wouldn't make sense. He's a main character...

• I dunno... Rodrik surviving one stab wound, and a horse falling on him is far more believable than Kenny either:

A) Getting out of a pitch black, abandoned, infested office building with no lights.

or

B) Sneaking out of a shoulder to shoulder group of zombies.

Clemenem posted: »

To be honest it would just be a plot device if hey kept him injured and maintaining the name Rodrik The Ruined. I did call bull shit about him surviving the same way I did with Kenny

• They're both bull shit. I don't know how you could say Rodrik being stabbed through the leg and a horse crushing in in the midst of a massacre like the Red Wedding and getting out alive seems bull shit to me

Harpadarpa posted: »

I dunno... Rodrik surviving one stab wound, and a horse falling on him is far more believable than Kenny either: A) Getting out of a pitc

• If you wanna let that ruin the gaming experience for you, be my guest. It's not that far-fetched.

They're both bull shit. I don't know how you could say Rodrik being stabbed through the leg and a horse crushing in in the midst of a massacre like the Red Wedding and getting out alive seems bull shit to me

• Its not ruining anything for me. I'm loving the game so far I just hope they don't make Rodrik into what they made Kenny

If you wanna let that ruin the gaming experience for you, be my guest. It's not that far-fetched.

• I don't see that happening. I'm optimistic for this series.

Its not ruining anything for me. I'm loving the game so far I just hope they don't make Rodrik into what they made Kenny

• edited February 2015

So is Bran in the main series, and he never fully heals in a sense.

It wouldn't make sense. He's a main character...

• For me, I figure it just depends on his story direction and whether or not the wounds will be relevant then. Though to be honest, I'm sure most of his wounds will heal

• As am I.

GOT=GOTY2015

I don't see that happening. I'm optimistic for this series.

• I suppose Rodrik would walk with a cane for the rest of his life

• edited February 2015

I really wish he would have stayed dead. In my opinion, the story is being pulled in too many directions as it is.

Assuming that he's going to stick around for the rest of the game though, I suppose I would prefer to not have him heal up, within reason.

• I'd prefer it his leg and arm would heal. His face can stay the way it is though.

• You'll never walka again Bran, but you'll fly !

I guess we've all reached a point here. Rodrik is a warg.

• Yeah too bad Bran didn't have that ability when he was pushed from the tower.

Hahah I would if they did reveal Rodrik to be a warg, it would be sooooooo funny to see him warg a dog and bite Whitehill in the ass! I can only imagine the cursing from Whitehill =p.

You'll never walka again Bran, but you'll fly ! I guess we've all reached a point here. Rodrik is a warg.

• I'm sure his arm will heal. I hope his leg remains fucked up though, at least for the majority of the season, since him being wounded puts a good spin on things imo.

• edited February 2015

Nah it's not, horses weigh nearly a ton.

Rodrik, physically, should be dead or paralysed. His survival is far more miraculous than Kenny's.

I dunno... Rodrik surviving one stab wound, and a horse falling on him is far more believable than Kenny either: A) Getting out of a pitc

• edited February 2015

I think over time the leg and arm could heal to an extent, but the scars would definitely remain. I don't think even Telltale are going to push the realm of believability that far

episode 1 - Oh no poor Roderick is dead.

episode 2 - Surprise kids it's Roderick, he's a bit battered and bruised but he's alive!

episode 3 - Hey Roderick where are you going, and where is your walking stick? "Stick the sword boy and bring me my sword, I'm off to Highpoint to get Ryon; I'll be back in time for the celebratory feast with Ludd Whitehill's head on a spike!

• I want just his leg to heal. The he'll be able to run and stuff, and use a sword with his other hand.

• Well, the massacre doesn't really matter. If he appears dead, then everyone would leave him alone. It would have been like Will Turner from the Curse of the Black Pearl.

They're both bull shit. I don't know how you could say Rodrik being stabbed through the leg and a horse crushing in in the midst of a massacre like the Red Wedding and getting out alive seems bull shit to me

• Y'know, people HAVE survived being crushed by horses... It's not too bad. As for being stabbed in the leg, being crushed ought to have put some pressure on it, and it may have avoided an artery. It's not too unbelievable.

• What are the chances of living, being stabbed through a leg and crushed by a horse while you lay for hours in a war zone? You can give the excuse that they may have thought he was dead but he was in a crossfire and Freys are known to be brutal so if they did find the body who knows what they would have done to it. Also, realistically Rodrik with a wound like that would have lost mass amounts of blood and bled out in hours or being suffocated due to being unable to move

Y'know, people HAVE survived being crushed by horses... It's not too bad. As for being stabbed in the leg, being crushed ought to have put some pressure on it, and it may have avoided an artery. It's not too unbelievable.

• I wouldn't mind him remaining crippled. There's a few different dudes in the books that are extremely capable, despite being crippled. Doran Martell and Willas Tyrell, for example. And Bran, obviously.

It's nice character development, since they spent all of episode 1 talking about what an incredible warrior Rodrik was, and now he'll have to rely more on wit and strategy. That'll set him apart from Asher as well, since one of the themes in this game is being aggressive/bold vs being smart/cautious.

And like others have said, it was already a stretch for him to be alive in the first place, and then to be able to walk after the Maester said he wouldn't.

So honestly, yeah, I wouldn't mind it if Rodrik stays crippled and scarred for the rest of the season. (As long as he's still able to shank Lord Whitehill at some point!)

• Even if he does eventually heal, will the game take place over long enough a time that we'd ever see him fully healed?

Then again, Gared's leg is magically just fine now a few days later. Nevermind that it was sliced open horribly.

• Yeah. The chances are low, but it's a fictional story. Longshots are allowed.

What are the chances of living, being stabbed through a leg and crushed by a horse while you lay for hours in a war zone? You can give the e

• No way. I'm willing to accept internal injuries that can be tended by surgery. We actually don't know what happened to Rodrik after the horse fell. If the horse stayed on him forever, then yeah, he should be dead, but who knows? Maybe another horse tripped on the horse that was on top of Rodrik shortly after we left, and moved it to a less critical part of his body. What I'm not willing to accept is that Kenny could sneak through a shoulder-to-shoulder horde of man-eaters in an alleyway without being immediately visible, or making a motherfucking sound, and with all of his limbs uninjured.

Rodrik's survival is extremely unlikely. Kenny's survival is just ridiculous.

Flog61 posted: »

Nah it's not, horses weigh nearly a ton. Rodrik, physically, should be dead or paralysed. His survival is far more miraculous than Kenny's.

• Um, the weight of a horse falling on you isn't applied over hours

It's literally in about a second. It would absolutely crush your bones.

Kenny could have jumped through a window vel sim. Rodrik could have done literally nothing.

No way. I'm willing to accept internal injuries that can be tended by surgery. We actually don't know what happened to Rodrik after the hors

• edited February 2015

The suffocation that would occur (and would be your killer if you weren't killed by the impact (which Rodrik clearly wasn't)) would happen over minutes. Plus, you forget, Rodrik was wearing armor, which likely absorbed some of the impact, and then, with something moving the horse, Rodrik could very well live.

You can see all the windows in that alley, aside from a few windows at the edges of the alley (which Kenny wouldn't reach in a million fucking years without Christa seeing him), and all the ones you can see are all boarded up. Kenny was dead big time

Um, the weight of a horse falling on you isn't applied over hours It's literally in about a second. It would absolutely crush your bones. Kenny could have jumped through a window vel sim. Rodrik could have done literally nothing.

• Rodrik will be able to fight again, eventually. His right arm is in perfect shape, only limb that wasnt rekt at the twins lmao.

• He survived for several days (one assumes, unless Telltale care even less for the concept of space and time than HBO do) unconcious in a muddy field with broken ribs, a crushed pelvis, and a deep wound to his leg. He didn't die of dehydration, blood loss, or starvation, wasn't finished off by any Frey armsmen, looters, or scavenging beasts, and didn't have his eyes plucked out by crows.

I find Kenny's miraculous yet unknown acts of badassery more believable than that.

• Yes, but the issue I have is not that he didn't suffocate, itt's that his bones should literally have been crushed.

Armour doesn't protect against ll swords, let alone a ton of weight pressing directly above it.

The suffocation that would occur (and would be your killer if you weren't killed by the impact (which Rodrik clearly wasn't)) would happen o

• Three-four days isn't an unbelievable amount of time to survive without water. Did anybody really care about the people outside of the wall? Wasn't the red wedding an assassination on mainly the Starks? Why would anybody give enough of a shit to kill the random lordling? As for scavengers, beasts, and crows, that's a real threat, but the guy with the cart came through and collected Forrester bodies first. Not too unbelievable. Blood loss is a real threat, but if his leg wound didn't go through a vein or artery, it's very possible he could've survived, because, believe it or not, your veins and arteries are not your entire leg, and wounds can heal naturally, if poorly, like Rodrik's.

Kenny's miraculous acts of badassery are far less believable. No way in hell did he make it through that alley, or open up a boarded window without making any noise, and without Christa noticing. Kenny should've been dead far more than Rodrik.

He survived for several days (one assumes, unless Telltale care even less for the concept of space and time than HBO do) unconcious in a mud

• I don't find it to be too big a stretch to say that his bones weren't crushed. But that's just me, I guess. To each their own.

Yes, but the issue I have is not that he didn't suffocate, itt's that his bones should literally have been crushed. Armour doesn't protect against ll swords, let alone a ton of weight pressing directly above it.

• A ton is a hell of a lot. If a car fell on someone and they got merely a broken leg you'd be a bit suspicious.

I don't find it to be too big a stretch to say that his bones weren't crushed. But that's just me, I guess. To each their own.

• Three-four days isn't an unbelievable amount of time to survive without water.

It is when you have a bleeding, open, untended wound.

Three-four days isn't an unbelievable amount of time to survive without water. Did anybody really care about the people outside of the wall?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.