Did you kiss Lord Whitehills ring?

I finished playing Episode 2 of Game Of Thrones a while back, and I do like to reflect on the decisions I made and find out if others choose the same. I won't deny that I was slightly dissapointed about this episode, I felt it wasn't as intense as the first one, and I also felt like a lot of the decisions were not hard to make. The one thing I love about Telltale is that they make you feel torn when it comes to making the right decisions and you normally regret a lot of the decisions you make. However in this episode, most people choose the same, as a lot of the choices were not hard to make. None the less this was still a good episode.

The one decision which really got me was whether I would bend the knee and kiss Lord Whitehill's ring. My first instinct was to do it, simply because my mother was begging me too... I was going to do it but then as he kept on encouraging me I found myself unable to do it. I don't know if other people managed to convince Eleana to accept Rodrik's proposal but I was not able too... so I felt that if I showed defiance, it might convince her to reconsider... however I now don't think that is likely :P I choose not to kiss his ring, because I knew that now as the I'm Lord of the house it was best to show I was strong instead of obedient, and I hoped that by showing defiance, I would teach that fat pig that I would not easily be pushed around... however afterwards I felt very sad for my mother and I did deeply regret not allowing Ryon to attend the funeral... What did everyone else choose? And how did the proposal go with Eleana? Did anyone manage to convince her? Also... do you think that this choice could change the course of Ryon's view of the family? Or will Gwen convince him to stay strong?

Comments

• Eithan didn't get on his knees before Ramsay, Rodrick didn't get on his before Whitehill.

• edited February 2015

I felt bad for Ryon but I did not kiss the ring, there was no way I was giving him the sanctification. I also lost the betorthal with Elaena in my canon because apparently "I love you" wasn't the best thing to say at that time :(

And yea, I think that if you didn't kiss the ring will just continue a chain of events that effect Ryon's view of the family, though hopefully Gwyn can help him.

• I reluctantly chose to kiss the fat fucker's ring, but I did it for Ryon. I'm not happy that I did it though if I'm being brutally honest, I just hope we can kill him later.

• edited February 2015

^^ this ^^
    do want to see Ryon (maybe ill check it out on youtube) i can play million times and i dont think i can kiss that f'er's ring :P

I felt bad for Ryon but I did not kiss the ring, there was no way I was giving him the sanctification. I also lost the betorthal with Elaena

• You know what I would find an awesome ending? If in the last episode has Rodrik finally gets Whitehill in an unescapable position, and then Rodrik has the option of telling Whitehill to kiss his ring, and in exchange, Ludd could live as a serf. If Rodrik kissed Whitehill's ring, Whitehill would think Rodrik a coward, and refuse. If Rodrik refused to kiss the ring, then Ludd would know that Rodrik meant business, and Ludd would kiss Rodrik's ring. That would be badass.

• I agree, I couldn't give him the satisfaction, if the stakes were higher then I probably would of, but it wasn't worth losing the respect of half the people in my house and I presumed as Rodrik looks pretty weak physically, I couldn't let him look weak in terms of mentality.

I felt bad for Ryon but I did not kiss the ring, there was no way I was giving him the sanctification. I also lost the betorthal with Elaena

• I said it before and I'll say it again

I kissed the ring because I'm a pussy, and I thought he would kill me ;-;

• Yup, for Ryon.

I already convinced Eleana to marry and I thought I lost her for a second when she scolded me for kissing it. She understood though and it continued as planned.

• Yeah, I kissed the ring so Ryon could attend his father's funeral. I was pretty sure Eleana would disapprove, but since I knew I'd already botched the marriage contract, I figured the cost was lessened enough to tip the scales. Shouldn't have picked the "I love you" option if I wanted to bond our families, who knew?

• Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

I said it before and I'll say it again I kissed the ring because I'm a pussy, and I thought he would kill me ;-;

• I couldn't bring myself to, even if it meant Ryon would miss the funeral. I didn't bow to Ramsey when I was Ethan, so I wasn't about to kiss Lord Whitehill's ring as Rodrik

• I don't show acts of fealty to small fry like him.

• I kissed the ring, one day I will get my revenge

• Nope. Way too much pride.

• I kissed the ring for Ryon and I didn't lose Elena,which I really love and I think she loves me too!

• I actually secured the marriage and I didn't want to appear weak in front of Elena or Rodriks family/followers and especially so not in front of Lord Whitehill. He has no authority within the halls of Ironrath and after all that Rodrik has been through no one dare call him craven. Broken perhaps but never craven. Ethan called Lord Whitehill so and i'm sure his son Griff will be as well. I hope he is killed at Rodriks hand and when he does die that that will be the spark that reignites the clash between the houses. Blood begets blood.

• I didn't kiss the ring because I thought it would be a heavy blow on the already low morale. By kissing the ring, you're basically admitting that he's superior to you in a humiliating fashion.

• i was really pissed at lord whitewill, i almost refused but i did it just so he wouldnt bitch later on and so that ryon could go to the funeral, ill have my revenge.

• Hell to fucking no. We can't look weak or else whitehills will walk all over us.

• I did not kiss his ring, because i wouldn't give him the satisfaction, and also to not appear weak in front of my betrothed Eleana. I wanted Ryon at the funeral, but i figured he would understand in the end. (if he survives all this)
    I did bend the knee to Ramsay though, since he was the representative of the Warden Of The North and by extension the king himself. Didn't think it would be wise to start a war with the Throne. That usually doesn't go too well.

• edited February 2015

No, I knew that either way Lord Whitehill would screw Rodrik over, and also wouldn't let Ryon come to the funeral. Figured it was best not to look weak in the eyes of the enemy, nor did I want Rodrik to look like a pushover in front of Elaena. Especially since it's important that Elaena sees Rodrik in a favorable light, she's the one with an army after all. In the end, no matter what choice everyone decided to go with, I think we can all agree that Lord Whitehill is a monumental prick and will meet a gruesome demise by a Forrester's hand.

• Never. That guy is evil, wouldn't submit myself to that!

• I did not kiss the ring, and I got her to agree to the marriage

• Rodrik x Whitehill ring

• As hard as it was I did kiss lord whitehills ring as I felt it gained me something that something being allowing Ryon to mourn and so he knew he wasn't forgotten. I wasn't going to let pride influence my decision you could argue that it makes Rodrik look weak but I play Rodrik as someone who doesn't care what he looks like what matters is what he is.

• I managed to get Eleana to accept my proposal but to please my mother and get Ryon to attend the funeral I kissed Whitehill's ring. I have never regretted a decision in a telltale game more. I felt like such scum afterwards and the look on my fiance's face... just ugh. I really want to go back and playthrough the episode again so I can NOT do that. It was nice having Ryon at the funeral but not worth the shame Rodrik endured. Though the line "I will kill that man" was totally priceless.

• I didn't in my primary file, though I made a second file where I did, just to see if there is any long term consequences (though I do turn my head away from the actual act of kissing the ring). Too bad there isn't a decision to cut his hand off then kiss his ring. that sounds like a fair compromise.

• In my first playthrough I did not, because I did not want to lose respect in front of my woman.

• I kissed it the first time, but I rewinded and refused to give him the satisfaction. It makes Rodrik look extremely weak and probably loses a lot of respect.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited March 2015

And showing weakness in front of Elaena? That would be a pretty stupid thing to do in front of your future wife in that age. Besides, kissing a ring of another lord just so your brother could attend a funeral of his relatives is quite silly in my opinion.

• It took a lot of willpower to make a save where I secured the marriage and kiss Whitehill's ring.

• Yeah I'm planning on doing another playthrough where I get the girl and dont kiss Whitehill's ring. This time around I want to make Rodrik more of a strong, I can do anything on my own, kind of lord. My first playthrough I made him more kind to his family. I was feeling sentimental since they were so happy he was alive.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.