Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• i already did..i dont really think it helped

• so it wont work until apple have approved the update or whatever?

• edited February 2015

I'm always a bit amazed why people think that my fanfiction is able to help them with problems they have with the game. I mean, I'm flattered, but if your problem isn't a problem I can solve with my writing, you're totally in the wrong thread... as seen in the introductory post that some people don't seem to read.

Or to put it in GoT words: If you want tech support

Alt text

Emzy_95 posted: »

so it wont work until apple have approved the update or whatever?

• hahahaha you're funny :D I guess im a bit of a noob still. sorry bro

I'm always a bit amazed why people think that my fanfiction is able to help them with problems they have with the game. I mean, I'm flatte

• No problem man!

This is a fanfiction, meaning it's unlikely somebody can help you here. But if you follow the link TheKingOfWalkers just sent, you should find someone who can help, maybe even a Dev.

Emzy_95 posted: »

hahahaha you're funny I guess im a bit of a noob still. sorry bro

• edited February 2015

[Lie to her]

[Try to sneak up on the farm]

Great chapter!

Kersea Killing. There were days in which Kersea asked herself what killing even meant for her anymore. A slit throat, a knive in the guts

• edited February 2015

Yea, my first character appearance. Go Jarow

[Tell Alysanne the truth]

[Try to sneak up to the farm]

Kersea Killing. There were days in which Kersea asked herself what killing even meant for her anymore. A slit throat, a knive in the guts

• [Lie to her]

[Try to sneak] Now if Im not mistaken, John Gutten is making way to Raylanafair with his crew to fight off Butterfly's men? Sounds interesting

• edited February 2015

Best CK2 mod ever :D

I'm currently thinking about a few options on when to introduce him. It will probably be either later Book 1 or early Book 2. Sorry for the relatively long wait! As soon as my plans regarding him are a bit more concrete, I'll contact you.

well, to be honest, I did take Vogarro Qhædar's name from the ck2 agot mod (when will you plan Garro to appear? I can't wait until he rubs elbows!)

• edited February 2015

[Tell Alysanne the truth] Woofius can go bark up another tree, because ain't nobody got time for that.

[Approach the farm directly] Richard is a manly man, that is why he ran half blind into a warehouse full of assassins. Really guys, he wouldn't do it twice(Sarcastic)

• [Tell Alysanne the truth]

[Try to seek help from Roman's farm]

• [Tell Alysanne the truth]

[Try to sneak up to the farm]

• The Voting is closed!

Kersea will tell Alysanne the truth

Richard will try to sneak up on the farm

The new chapter is roughly halfway written, since I had no time to write yesterday. It should be done later tomorrow.

Todays shout-out is something new: A story completely without any kind of zombie in it. I realized that, so far, I've been mostly giving shout-outs to TWD fanfiction, or to stories that have some other kind of zombie in it. This has the simple reason that these stories still make up the bulk of fanfiction on the forum and happen to be pretty damn awesome. But there are also some other stories here, who are very good, if you aren't exactly into zombies and I figured it is about time they get some spotlight too.

Todays shout-out goes to Pandora's Box by @TheFurryOne. Pandora's Box is a story that actually hasn't really started yet and could likely still take a short while until it starts, but knowing Furry's stories I am pretty certain that it is going to be great! On the positive side, if you want to join you haven't missed anything so far.

The story has a very interesting and pretty unique premise, that combines fantasy and sci/fi elements. For example, there is plenty of magic and dragons are also confirmed, while there is also everything you expect from a good sci/fi-story. Do I hear Space Dragons? I totally hear Space Dragons! Yes it is probably going to be exactly as awesome as it sounds!

However, the story could definitely need a few more people who read, vote and create characters, so if you want to participate in a very unique story, you should check it out by clicking on this link

• Thanks Liquid.

The Voting is closed! Kersea will tell Alysanne the truth Richard will try to sneak up on the farm The new chapter is roughly halfw

• edited February 2015

I might actually print all these pages out to read from anywhere once the entire book is done

• I've been looking through the names to see what interests me the most and I thought I ask a question: Are the characters going to be introduced in order of submission or not? I think some characters be easier to incorporate if it's done that way.

• Now that's a huge compliment! Thank you, I'm glad you like it enough to consider this :)

I might actually print all these pages out to read from anywhere once the entire book is done

• No, the characters are generally introduced when they can be used in the story. Of course, this leads to some characters, like Drent Golton, who has something planned in Act 2, to be on the top of the waiting list almost since the beginning, while others like Holt Torv, the chief torturer of Harrenhal, perfectly fitted into a part mere days after they were submitted, even though a good hundred characters were submitted before him. If I would try to introduce the characters in order of submission, I would have a very big problem with some of the characters

I've been looking through the names to see what interests me the most and I thought I ask a question: Are the characters going to be introduced in order of submission or not? I think some characters be easier to incorporate if it's done that way.

• edited February 2015

John

John stared at the wall of his room, barely looking up as the door was opened. He knew it would be bad for her. But he had no idea it would be that bad. Why should it? There was no need for that! They were both grown people. Sure, he was a bit older than her. But she was mature for her age. There was no need for behaving like that!

As he looked up, he saw Gunel standing in his door. The old woman had shunned him in the past days, much to his relief. She hadn't told him, but it was clear that she was mad at him after he declined Samantha's wish. And she was not the only one. Aylard was clearly mad. Cass stopped talking to him for hours. Even Behara looked disappointed. And Samantha had a hard time even accepting it. But she had complied. She wasn't someone who would go against a direct order, except in very dire situations. He had to deny her wish, because he needed her in Raylansfair. Chasing after Lucas was pointless. There was no money to be made from this and he certainly would not do it just to please Aylard. He wouldn't risk his best rider for something like that. Of course, during the past four days, she could have made it to Oldtown and back, but it was still too risky. Instead she stayed at the tavern, rarely speaking to him, drinking a bit too much, generally showing her cold side. Gutten knew, if Samantha had one weak point, it was family. But he also knew that he did the right thing. He had a far larger problem after all. The Gutters were supposed to be in Raylansfair a day ago. But there had been no message from his men, Jaro and I'lian. The two brothers had been supposed to meet them at the inn days ago. With a heavy heart, Gutten decided to leave without them...

He looked at Gunel, who gave him a cold look. “How is she?”, he asked. “How do you think she is, John Gutten?”, she answered. Her voice was cold and incisive and for once, Gutten could understand her. She cared for Cass, almost like a mother would do. And the young woman hadn't reacted well to the news that the Gutters would leave. “The girl is in the barn, crying her eyes out”, Gunel explained. Gutten sighed. Why was she doing this? There has been a clear, nonverbal agreement between them. It was just fun. Casual. No feelings. Why was she reacting like this?

“Tell me, Gunel, what is her problem?”, he asked. Yes, he knew the answer. But he wanted to hear it from her. Gunel she was a former whore, as unlikely as it seemed. She was probably an expert when it came to avoid any emotions. The old woman sighed. “You really are a dumb asshole, aren't you? She has basically been your whore for the past two weeks. And she is twenty-two years old! I doubt she ever had a longer affair, at least not with any traveller who visited the inn. Now you're leaving and the girl feels used, Gutten”, she hissed. Gutten narrowed his eye as she insulted him, but let her continue. He was not in the mood to hit her.

“And what do you suggest, whore?”, he asked with a cold voice. The mutual dislike between them almost made him sick. But he respected her life experience. She had dealt with this, more than he ever had to. He rarely stayed at the same place for more than a few weeks. He had never dealt with break-ups before. Except... except that one time. That one time that costed him dearly... He closed his eye.

“Talk to her, Gutten. You owe her that much. Explain it to her. Give her some closure It won't make it any easier for her. But maybe she'll get over it faster”, Gunel explained and Gutten gave her a nod. He knew, she was right. But breaking up like that was new for him. His past break-ups had been easier. Sometimes the girl would understand it. Gutten would leave, they both would continue with their respective lives. Sometimes the girl would not understand it. Gutten would leave, he would continue with his life. Sometimes the girl would try to kill him. Gutten would kill her first, leave and continue with his life. There was exactly one time where it went differently. And it costed him dearly. Cass was a sweet girl. Besides her beauty, she was quick-witted and pleasant company, not only in the bedroom. For her sake, Gutten hoped that this break-up would go fine.

He stood up. “Fine. I will talk to her”, he moaned and Gunel gave him a smile. “In two weeks, this is the first decent thing I hear you say, John Gutten”, she said, before stepping aside, letting him out of his room. Gutten gave her a cold glare, but said nothing. With an uneasy feeling, he went down the stairs, into the taproom. Temari sat on a small table, together with Behara and Samantha. He was one of the few people who wasn't judging him for his decision. Sure, Temari's position on family was even more rigid than Samantha's in many ways. But unlike her, this only counted towards his own family. He looked much better already. Sure, his face was still bruised and it would likely take a while until he was looking somewhat decent again. But he was tough, probably one of the toughest persons Gutten ever had the honour of fighting with.

Samantha didn't even look at him, while Behara gave him at least a short smile. Gutten smiled back to her. Behara was as innocent as a seventeen year old girl in a mercenary company could be. She wasn't someone to hold a grudge. He looked to his right and saw Janae leaning against the bar. His maiden fair, his best and only friend had understood why he denied Samantha's request. Of course she had understood. She hadn't judged him, because she knew, she wasn't in a position to judge.

Temari stood up and Gutten noticed that he was wearing armour. “Are we ready to leave, John?”, he asked. Gutten shook his head. “Not now. There's something I have to deal with first”, he answered. Temari gave him a nod, showing that he understood. “And you should take off the armour. Do you expect to be ambushed?”, Gutten smiled. Temari chuckled. “Not exactly, but Aylard gave me a few glares today”, he answered, to which they both laughed. “In all seriousness, I want to be prepared. After all the time in Essos, I am a bit out of practice when it comes to armour. And after that fucker wiped the floor with me... Don't know, it feels like it's about time to get used to it again”, Temari finally added, this time with a stern expression. Gutten could understand this. He wasn't a fan of heavy armour, especially around the arms. It made him slower. Temari was thinking similarly, but was always more open for new ideas. And always a bit more pragmatic. “I understand. Good man”, Gutten complimented him, before continuing his way out of the tavern.

He found Cass in the barn, as Gunel had said. At first he only heard her. A soft, quiet weeping. Following the noise, he climbed up a ladder and found her in the hayloft. She was clearly one of the prettiest girls he had seen in the Reach. John had always a thing for redheads, but she clearly stood out. Right now, tears were flowing down her reddened cheeks and for some reason it gave Gutten an uneasy feeling. “What do you want?”, she hissed, quickly looking away. The ceiling of the barn was low and Gutten had to crawl over to her on his knees. He felt uncomfortable, even nervous. Cass was a wonderful girl and he had to let her down as gently as possible. Unfortunately, John had little experience in letting someone down gently.

“Cass...”, he mumbled. “I wanted to talk” He gave her a sorry look. When did this happen? He made it clear that no feelings should be involved. He never directly stated it, but never felt like he needed to. She was a tavern wench, she should know stuff like that! But she was also a former septa in training, he remembered. Wench or not, a septa needed a certain innocence. Maybe Cass retained more of that innocence than she wanted to admit herself.

“Talk... What is there to talk about, John?”, she answered with a cold tone in her voice. “Maybe you want to talk about how I warmed your bed for two weeks? How we danced. How we laughed. How you're just leaving me like this?”

Gutten closed his eye. Sure, she was hurt. And from her perspective, she surely had a good right to be hurt. But that wasn't how things worked, not in his world. He wasn't supposed to settle down with a girl he liked. He had responsibilities. He had to be there for his men. The Gutters had always been a very small group. Sure, they had served on battlefields, but never in large units like the Second Son's or, gods have mercy, the Golden Company. They were hired by private persons, merchants who needed bodyguards, but couldn't afford Unsullied, shady noblemen who needed hired killers, but couldn't afford a Faceless Man. Sure, they weren't as good as the Unsullied and a real Faceless Man would probably kill them all in seconds, but they were worth their money. And they were all that John Gutten had left. He looked at Cass. Maybe... No, that wasn't a possibility. She had a life here. And whatever she thought she would feel, it wouldn't last. It would never last.

“Cass, I know that is hard for you...”, he started, noticing that his own voice was quite shaky, but she cut him off. “Do you? Do you know how hard that is, John Gutten? Have you ever spent time with someone, up to the point you would do anything for this person, only to loose everything in a sudden?”, she hissed. Gutten closed his eye. “I do”, he answered. This silenced her for a moment and Gutten took the opportunity to speak. To confess. “Back on Orkmont, on the Iron Islands, I was madly in love with a girl. She was... beautiful. Hair like fire. A smile brighter than the sun on a hot summer day at sea”, he explained and got a cold glare from Cass.

“My brother loved her too and... well, I was a different man then. I decided to fight him over her. At first we went into a brawl. Several brawls actually. Then blades got involved”, he continued and shivered for a short moment. “It got messy. I lost my eye, he lost part of his nose. She wanted to stop it, you know? At this point, me and my brother, we were in a fit of rage. We had no control over our actions anymore. One of us cut her down as she tried to separate us. I don't know who it was, but in that moment I thought it was my brother... his life ended that day, leaving me to bury two bodies. I left the Iron Islands the same day and never went back”

He looked Cass directly into her beautiful blue eyes. He saw sorrow. But also something else. Fear? Was she afraid of him? Or was she pitying him? Both would have been inappropriate. “Is that why you denied Samantha her request?”, she asked. “Because you're afraid of family? Because you're a kinslayer?” Her voice gained sharpness with every word and Gutten had to look away. Yes, he had been called kinslayer before, by his mother. After that he hadn't told anyone. Janae knew it, he had told her years ago. But she never brought it up. After all, kin meant nothing to her. And just like him, she had done things she wasn't too proud of. But the look in Cass' eyes... it told him everything he had to know. She was judging him. Of course... former septa. They were quick to judge...

“Kinslayer...”, he mumbled, and Cass accusing look faded. “Look, John, I am sorry. I am sorry for what happened to you. Is that why you run away from everything? You and your band of mercenaries, travelling the world, always on the run, always without a home?”, she asked. Was she... Seven Hells, that girl was clever! She actually managed to give him deep thoughts...

“I have a home, Cass. Janae is my home. Temari is my home. Behara and Samantha. Lucas, even though he left the company. My old friend Trout in Volantis. The Gutters are my home”, he said. It was true. His men were everything for him. His home, but he refrained from using this word too much. He noticed the hurt look in Cass' eyes a bit too late. “I could be your home too...”, she mumbled.

Gutten hugged her. He didn't really know why, it just felt right in that moment. She was weeping and shivering, while tears fell down her face and on Gutten's shoulder. “That is not a good idea, Cass”, he said. She looked up. “Why? Why are you so afraid, John?”, she asked. Afraid? He wasn't afraid! He wasn't... But it was not good for her. What she had was nothing more than a small crush on a man she only knew as a dashing mercenary. He told her his backstory. But he hadn't told her half of the things he had done. She only saw a man who did what he thought was right. She didn't knew what he was capable of. He was not a man who should be around women like her too long. He was a bad influence and he knew it. On his bad days he was even proud of it. But today was one of his good days!

“It is not good for you. I am not a good man and you deserve a good man”, he explained, but Cass shook her head. “Do you even hear what you're saying, John? Do you think I am a naive little girl, fresh from the sept, a girl who has no idea how that works? Spare me all this 'It's not you, it's me'-bullshit. I know you are not a good man, John. What you said a few days ago, when you declined Samantha her wish... a good man would have allowed it. A good man would have done it himself. But I don't want a good man”, she hissed and every word hit Gutten where he never wanted to be hit.

“You think I did the wrong choice with Samantha?”, he asked. She gave him a stern nod. “I do. And I judge you for it. Whatever reason you had... it crushed Aylard. He barely slept the past four days. It crushed Samantha. I haven't talked to her too much, but she had her reasons for suggesting it. And now you want to crush me as well. Just leave me behind, as if it meant nothing”, she explained.

Gutten wanted to tell her many things. That it meant nothing. That it didn't meant nothing. That his reasons were good. That his reasons were selfish. That he wanted her to come with him. That she should stay as far away from him as possible. But before he could even open his mouth, something else caught his attention. Male laughter. There were no other guests at the Hammered Harp and the only other males were Temari and Aylard. Aylard never laughed, not like this. And Temari... Gutten knew Temari's laughter. That wasn't him. Cass heard it too and her face dropped. That wasn't a friendly laughter. Gutten had heard it many times. Everytime he laughed himself, for example. A Norvoshi he met in Pentos had the same laugh, while he tried to rape Behara. A Qohorik, the craziest man Gutten ever met, had a laughter like this as he burned innocent people alive. Cass crawled to the wall of the barn, looking out of a small hole in the wall.

“I'm seeing three men. They are armed with swords. Two of them wear chainmail”, she explained and looked back through the holw. “And... Fuck... Fuck”, she muttered, before turning around, pale and trembling with fear. “They have Kyette. They must have captured her just now. She was returning from Sparrowsfield, she was buying supplies”, she whispered.

Gutten crawled past her, looking down. He saw Kyette, sitting on her cart. She was bleeding, likely because one of the men had hit her in the face. But she was otherwise unscathed. One of the men had his sword drawn and was laughing, quite loudly. The other two were nearing the barn. Fuck! Gutten knew men like them. Bandits. Common fuckers, but just as deadly as a Faceless Man when they get the chance. From their laughter, Gutten could tell that they were animals. And he could see something even worse. At least half a dozen men were entering the tavern. His people were there, his family! In the woods, Gutten saw more movements, nearing the tavern.

“John! My god, John we have to do something! They are going to kill her, we can't let her die, please John, do something!”, Cass whispered in terror. Gutten looked down, looked at these animals who tried to pose as humans, looked at the woman they just took hostage. No... They would not get away with that, he would not allow it! They were all going to die!

“Hey, I saw someone up there”, one of the men nearing the barn exclaimed. “Whoever this is, you should come down. The Band of Claws won't hurt you”, he exclaimed, not even hiding the fact that he was lying through his teeth. “You think it's a bitch?”, the other man said, to which they both started to laugh. “I hope so. I'm going to have her first, then you and then we'll give her to Bear. Hey, girl. Come down and my cock will be gentle”, the first one laughed.

Gutten narrowed his eyes, looking at Cass. “You stay down. Whatever happens, don't leave this barn until I tell you to do”, he ordered. Cass gave him a short nod. Clever girl. As silent as possible, Gutten crawled to the edge of the hayloft, slowly standing up as much as possible. He had done this before, in a barn near Lorath. He was unarmed. His opponents on the other hand... Well, he had to change this!

The two men entered the barn, giggling, with swords in their sheets. Bloody idiots! “Come on, girly. You don't need to be afraid”, the second man said. They both went to the ladder, finally looking up to the hayloft. “What the...”, the first man said. These were his last words.

Gutten jumped down before any of the men even thought of drawing his sword and quickly landed on top of them, dragging them both down. He delivered a fierce punch to the first man's head and an even stronger blow to the second man's throat. The hit was not enough to crush the man's throat, but enough to stun him. Long enough for Gutten to grab the second man's sword, quickly stabbing him on the ground. He turned to the first man, who held his head in pain. “You stupid... one-eyed cunt... you have no idea what you've just done. Bear will kill you, he will...”, the first man said, but Gutten cut him off by driving the sword through his throat. “Bear can go fuck himself”, he muttered, looking up to Cass. “Are you alright?”, he asked. She gave him a short, frightened nod.

Gutten looked out of the barn, looking at the third man, who just stood there, frozen in shock. At least he had his sword drawn.

“Don't come any closer!”, the man shouted.

Gutten came closer.

“I'm warning you!”

Gutten ignored the warning.

The man made the mistake to attack first. He delivered a quick strike to his head, Gutten parrying it effortlessly. His counter-attack was parried, but strong enough to bring the man to his knees. A second strike to the head ended the man's life.

A sudden movement caught his attention. The fucking blind spot. It was always the fucking blind spot to his right! Gutten hurled around, trying to parry the strike, knowing it was too late... Fuck! His opponent made a quick strike, but suddenly stopped, in the middle of a movement that would have otherwise killed him. Gutten noticed someone standing behind the man, having just stabbed him in the back. Cass! She followed him. Good girl...

She looked at him, almost smiling. “Thought you could need some help, John”, she said, breathing heavily. Gutten smiled back, before he looked at Kyette. The woman stood up, her eyes burning with anger. “Fucking assholes!”, she shouted, looking at the dead men. “Those motherfucking assholes! Listen, Gutten, there are more of them in the inn. Almost a dozen. You got to do something about this, you're men are in danger as well!” Her voice was sharp, but she was clearly afraid.

Gutten looked to the inn. Yes, she was right. He had to do something... but a dozen men! He wasn't able to fight against a dozen men! Maybe it was better to be stealthy... but every second he would not fight in there was a second in which his friends could die... and his home would be shattered once again.

[Attack the inn directly] [Try to be stealthy]

• [Try to be stealthy]

I think we made the right choice in letting them stay. I feel Lucas/Leonard would have been messed up by Samantha. Still don't know who we saved and we doomed.

John John stared at the wall of his room, barely looking up as the door was opened. He knew it would be bad for her. But he had no idea i

• [Attack the inn directly]

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

John John stared at the wall of his room, barely looking up as the door was opened. He knew it would be bad for her. But he had no idea i

• ( Try to be stealthy )

• [Try to be stealthy]

• [Try to be stealthy.]

• [Attack the inn directly]

Awesome Chapter!!!

• [Try to be stealthy]

• [Try to be stealthy] I feel sorry for poor old Cass hahaha

• [Try to be stealthy]

• {Attack directly}

They do it now the others might till have their weapons, if not its two barmaids and him

• [Try to be stealth]

Great chapter!

• [Try to be stealthy]

Great as always, Gutten is quickly raising to my favorite characters :D

• [Attack the inn directly] There is only one way to go into battle, the John Gutten way.

• edited February 2015

[Attack the inn directly]

• [attack the inn directly]

• Lord Petyr Blackwood

You said that the characters couldn´t be Lords

• edited February 2015

True, but that changed pretty early (Day 2 of the story, to be honest), when I allowed InKennyWeTrust to submit the Reynes. Still, I more than appreciate it when I don't get that many lords and especially when people contact me before submitting them. All of the submitted lords (4, as we speak) have been announced to me before submitting and I was able to think of a role for them in advance. The short passage in the main post in which I say that the character's can't be lords is still there in order to prevent everyone from submitting lords or whole noble houses without asking.

supersagig posted: »

Lord Petyr Blackwood You said that the characters couldn´t be Lords

• Let's not forget about Lord Jarow "Lord of the Bridges" =D

True, but that changed pretty early (Day 2 of the story, to be honest), when I allowed InKennyWeTrust to submit the Reynes. Still, I more th

• [Try to be stealthy] Lets do this!

• [Attack the inn directly] what could possibly go wrong?

• [Try to be stealthy]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.