Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I already wanna play as T-Bone, but I can wait :)

You'll find a lot of side missions to be super repetitive, but the game is sort of similar to the first Assassin's Creed when it comes to th

• You can't play as him unless you buy the season pass or that particular dlc for him separately. :(

HazzatheMan posted: »

I already wanna play as T-Bone, but I can wait

• edited February 2015

I have seen the trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road. I love the Mad Max series!!!

Apparently the film will be closer in style to the second film (The Road Warrior, which is my personal favourite Mad Max film) with it's minimal dialogue and long chases XD

As for MGS, I think everyone expected Guns Of The Patriots to be the last game as that is the latest game for Solid Snake. They will still make games with Raiden...

But Hideo Kojima has managed to find more story to tell, maybe he'll remake the old games on the new consoles just for the hell of it :P

LupineNoir posted: »

Is Mad Max still coming out this year? The film is, which has a crazy-awesome trailer if you haven't seen it. The Phantom Pain looks amazing. XD Is it going to be the last Metal Gear Solid?

• Bring Deathstroke back!! He is my fav Batman villain besides the Joker :P

Maybe they'll kill off Bruce, the mantle of Batman has been taken up by other people before...

Apparently Deathstroke was going to feature much more prominently in Origins; at one point there was a plan to have him flying around the ci

• I bought the Season Pass when I got the game, I have Bad Blood installed and it's just begging me to start playing it! :/

You can't play as him unless you buy the season pass or that particular dlc for him separately.

• edited February 2015

Freaking love Batman; grew up with this fool, used to watch the animated series with my uncle and the Arkham games made my love for him grow as I aged. I have my uncle to thank. :3 I've been playing that 'life is strange.' It's actually not too bad. :) Noir mentions witcher and after doing my homework, I'd love to take a whack at it. :3

Hey, hey, wanted to share one of the many things I'm excited about with you guys! If any of you are familiar with the Arkham games and/or ha

• How is Life is Strange??? I downloaded the trial on PS3 but I haven't played it yet...

pudding_pie posted: »

Freaking love Batman; grew up with this fool, used to watch the animated series with my uncle and the Arkham games made my love for him grow

• Your uncle's got good taste, then. ;D Life is Strange is cool, too bad the release for the second episode got delayed. (most likely because of the multiple spoiler leaks the game had)

Freaking love Batman; grew up with this fool, used to watch the animated series with my uncle and the Arkham games made my love for him grow

• I liked it; my fiancee thinks its boring but the game is kind of like what we did for 'The wolf among Us.' Point, click and make decisions based on what's taking place. I like that whole 'third person' viewing, though. She does not. It's not a bad game for those long, not-doing-shit-today days. :3

How is Life is Strange??? I downloaded the trial on PS3 but I haven't played it yet...

• He is a pretty rad guy. I was highly disappointed when that happened. :( It's a shame but from what I've played, I enjoyed it.

Your uncle's got good taste, then. ;D Life is Strange is cool, too bad the release for the second episode got delayed. (most likely because of the multiple spoiler leaks the game had)

• Ok.... How does the 'time travelling' aspect work then??

I liked it; my fiancee thinks its boring but the game is kind of like what we did for 'The wolf among Us.' Point, click and make decisions b

• Hopefully it won't be a TWAU-type scenario, but we'll see!

He is a pretty rad guy. I was highly disappointed when that happened. It's a shame but from what I've played, I enjoyed it.

• Wow, you really captured the characters and made the scenes come to life with the extra details! Fayde is very likable once you get to know, but the way in which she's come into everyone's lives has been rather dramatic, and you've written the characters reacting to this believably! :D

All right, the FINAL part of this chapter is done. Hopefully, some things will start to make sense to people who have been reading Fayde's a

• 18-year-old Max Caulfield leaves her family in Seattle to study photography at Blackwell Academy in her hometown Arcadia Bay, Oregon. In a lesson, she experiences a vivid nightmare. After that, she discovers her ability to reverse time and saves her former best friend Chloe from being shot.

Ok.... How does the 'time travelling' aspect work then??

• Yes! Rose came to visit my dragon hide more. Plus, it was a hard fight, but we all came through it in the end...

Damn it, Draco, get your heavy dragon-self off me! XD

MasterStone posted: »

Chapter 14, Gargoth's End Hati managed to find Meg and bring her back with him to help defeat Gargoth. Upon their return the noticed the

• I know Max' bio dude :P

I asked how it works as a gameplay mechanic!

18-year-old Max Caulfield leaves her family in Seattle to study photography at Blackwell Academy in her hometown Arcadia Bay, Oregon. In a l

• I try my very best, Noir. :) Did you like the kitchen scene?

Wow, you really captured the characters and made the scenes come to life with the extra details! Fayde is very likable once you get to know,

• It's super smooth and actually works without any glitches/progression errors happening before, during, and after the rewind process.

Boom. Beat pie to it.

I know Max' bio dude :P I asked how it works as a gameplay mechanic!

• And you use it to get different outcomes from one scenario?

But of course the repercussions will differ...

It's super smooth and actually works without any glitches/progression errors happening before, during, and after the rewind process. Boom. Beat pie to it.

• Yeah, pretty much. It's basically a feature that doesn't require players to save-scum. (a.k.a. manually saving your game before an important decision, amongst other things)

And you use it to get different outcomes from one scenario? But of course the repercussions will differ...

• manually saving your game before an important decision, amongst other things

And this why I hate the interactive conversations in Deus Ex: Human Revolution :P

Yeah, pretty much. It's basically a feature that doesn't require players to save-scum. (a.k.a. manually saving your game before an important decision, amongst other things)

• edited February 2015

Favorite Boss fights in the Arkham games.

Bane

Mister Freeze

Solomon Grundy

RA's Al Ghul

Killer Kroc

Firefly

Deathstroke

Joker (Was a laughable fight)

Clayface

These games were phenomenal.

Hey, hey, wanted to share one of the many things I'm excited about with you guys! If any of you are familiar with the Arkham games and/or ha

• edited February 2015

Fascinating to see a rider of the Apocalypse get all sentimental, obviously when Nick is around kids. Good for him! I personally think it's for the best, maybe he can try to make up for the evil he's done in the past. Even if it may take a lot 'good deeds' to do so.

Also, he killed the other riders of the Apocalypse in one of your previous chaps, right?

It took me WAY too long to write this chapter! I kept getting distracted throughout the day, if it wasn't watching the latest episode of TWD

• edited February 2015

My top 5 from all 3 games would have to be:

• Deathstroke (that fight was so fast paced and athletic... my type of fight)
    • The Joker in Origins (the beat-down at the end was laughable indeed)
    • Clayface (I guess cuz you use a sword instead of your bare hands)
    • Mister Freeze in Origins (the suit you wear in that fight made it interesting)
    • Copperhead (The illusions man...)

It would seem that Origins is my fav Arkham game atm :P

Favorite Boss fights in the Arkham games. Bane Mister Freeze Solomon Grundy RA's Al Ghul Killer Kroc Firefly Deathstroke Joker (Was a laughable fight) Clayface These games were phenomenal.

• Best of luck with the classes, I'm definitely sure you'll pass all of them in a flash. And Creative Writing, eh? ;D Has your teach been letting you write your own stories so far?

Yep, something still isn't quite right with Belinda, she's too... Faith-like. Has a secret that I bet she hasn't let out yet. :P

EMMYPESS posted: »

Harmony came to an indefinite amount of time later. She was in an unfamiliar room with unfamiliar voices. No...there were some that she reco

• "I never asked for this." Sorry, I had to. :3

manually saving your game before an important decision, amongst other things And this why I hate the interactive conversations in Deus Ex: Human Revolution :P

• Nick will never be able to atone for what he has done, all he can do is try (and hope people forget the bad stuff and remember the good stuff) :/

This story has no link to my other story The Devil Among Us. In that story, Nick claimed the souls of all 4 Horseman (he's a complete asshole in TDAU) simply so he could become the most powerful being that ever existed...

In this story, the Horsemen are still around, and War will be making a more prominent appearance very soon!

I have more explaining to do with this story, so all will be revealed as time goes on :D

Fascinating to see a rider of the Apocalypse get all sentimental, obviously when Nick is around kids. Good for him! I personally think it's

• Idk how I missed Copperhead. That fight was insufferable when I did it on a harder difficulty.

My top 5 from all 3 games would have to be: * Deathstroke (that fight was so fast paced and athletic... my type of fight) * The Joker

• I wonder how the battle with the Arkham Knight will be handled in the next game?

I expect it to be a very dramatic fight like Deathstroke! XD

Idk how I missed Copperhead. That fight was insufferable when I did it on a harder difficulty.

• Okay, that makes sense, hence Bigby and Snow still being alive as well. :P

Cannot wait overall. ;)

Nick will never be able to atone for what he has done, all he can do is try (and hope people forget the bad stuff and remember the good stuf

• That friggin' line!! XP

I do love Elias Toufexis' voice though, he voices Andrey Kobin in Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist... he has such a recognisable voice!

"I never asked for this." Sorry, I had to.

• Yeah, plus the Cubs are all about 20 years old in this tale :P

I shouldn't have taken such a long break from my writing, most of the important details happened in earlier chapters :/

Okay, that makes sense, hence Bigby and Snow still being alive as well. :P Cannot wait overall.

• edited February 2015

I loved the Mister Freeze fight, I agree with Joker's being laughable. Seeing him all buff like that was so comical.

Favorite Boss fights in the Arkham games. Bane Mister Freeze Solomon Grundy RA's Al Ghul Killer Kroc Firefly Deathstroke Joker (Was a laughable fight) Clayface These games were phenomenal.

• Oh I preferred the little fight at the end of Origins.

When you have to use beat-down on him 3 times in a row!!

The fight with him in Asylum was too easy imo...

I loved the Mister Freeze fight, I agree with Joker's being laughable. Seeing him all buff like that was so comical.

• Ah, I see, I never played Origins - and yeah, it was, but still fun. XP

Oh I preferred the little fight at the end of Origins. When you have to use beat-down on him 3 times in a row!! The fight with him in Asylum was too easy imo...

• Origins is good, but not everyone liked it for some reason :/

I think it was cuz it happens before Asylum and everyone was like "No prequels! Joker needs to remain dead!"

I don't know :P

Ah, I see, I never played Origins - and yeah, it was, but still fun. XP

• edited February 2015

As Ethan sat in Michelle's apartment, he could suddenly recall his mother holding him in her arms. Ethan had been crying. He and Henry broke up that night; he was devestated and unable to fully comprehend what took place. He had other broken hearts. Many that healed with time, patience and a bucket of ice cream. This time was different. So much of his love, time and emotions were thrown into the mix. Ethan felt foolish. Alone. No one would ever understand.

As he sat there, waiting for Michelle, Ethan thought back to the day he had his parents alone in the living room. He finally found the courage to tell them he was attracted to both men and women; that was a tough one to swallow because his father viewed homosexuality differently than his mother. Ethan couldn't blame the man. He DID grow up in a time were it was cnsidered immoral and a sin.

Ethan, even as he sat alone in Michelle's living room, could picture Georgie's face. A distorted face mixed with anger, confusion and devestation. Ethan could handle the spankings as a child. His father's roaring voice and he sentenced the punishment and for how long. The disappointment, however, was something he could not. Ethan felt as if he failed in not only a son but what was 'expected' of him.

Emily, at this time, too, was 'studying' her sexual preferences as well. Ethan and the others felt Emily did it MORE to avoid not getting pregnant and it never felt 'right' with other men. Katie's theory was this and every one of the kids agreed: they were not Gren. Emily had three boyfriends before switching to women. Ethan, however, COULD have healthy relationships with both sexes.

That was different. In Georgie's mind, she was not able to get pregnant. Oh the worries a father has for his daughter. But for his son...well, those were two very different topics. Georgie, unable to speak, leaves the room. Ethan swore he saw tears in his father's eyes. It was rare for Ethan to catch a glimpse of him crying. This is when Lyla took the time to hold her son, rock him like an infant and comfort the worry growing inside.

"Dad hates me..."

"You need to see things from his eyes right now, Ethan. He's much different than your mother. This is a huge change for him."

"Do you think he'll talk to me, mom?"

"Yes." No hesitation. "Your father needs time, Ethan. Just like YOU do..."

Ethan did not know what his mother was speaking about that very night, she was right about one thing; his father, eyes swollen and red, knocks on his bedroom door, in hopes to speak to his son. Both sitting on the bed, Georgie does not speak; he simply leans over, grabs Ethan and holds his son close. Ethan could hear the beating of his heart, the heavy breathing inside his lungs. The whimpering from his throat and the warm tears continuing to fall from his eyes.

"My boy." Georgie, like Lyla had done, rocks Ethan back and forth. "My dear, sweet boy...."

"Dad, I-"

"I love you." Georgie strokes Ethan's hair. "Neva' question that, son. I'm so proud of ya'. You snd your siblings 'ave been the fookin' best thing ta' happen ta' me in a long time. I can neva' hate ya'. No matta' what, Ethan...ya' be me son. No matta' woot."

That night, seemed to change their relationship drastically for the better. Even after the sudden breakup, Georgie was right there. One day, both in their boxers, sat in Ethan's room, ate ice cream and watched sad, crappy mundy romance movies. Lyla, holding Ethan like she'd done years before, assured him all would make sense of this. Everything has a place in life. Until one fully understands, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know everything happens for a reason.

A reason. Ethan, placing the soup in the fridge, repeats these words. A reason. Just as he closes the door, his thoughts are interjected by a loud and ear piercing cry. Ethan looks around the corner; Michelle, trying to remain calm, leans against the bedroom door, holding her daughter. Erica, head slightly tilted to the side, continues to scream; the little girl's cries grow louder and stronger. She thrashes her legs, waves her hands and refuses to speak. Erica appeared frustrated with Michelle.

"Baby, stop." Michelle cups Erica's head. "No, no....ssshh, sweetie. Relax. You'll hurt yourself, baby."

Ethan, cautious like a Deer in the woods, slowly inches to the frantic child and mother. He carefully holds out his hands.

"May I, Michelle?"

Scornfully, Michelle glares at Ethan. "Don't be ridiculous, sir! You maybe able to handle Fables in need but-"

"So, what's the difference with Erica?"

Michelle clings tightly onto Erica. Ethan could sense the fear; Wolves had a wonderful sense of ability in picking up the raw emotions people had and fully grasping what that person truly felt. It was a way not only to hunt, seek out mates or learn but their method of being social, too.

"Michelle, please." Ethann holds out both hands. "Just....let me help you."

"Why?" Tears poured down like rain from her eyes. "You never cared before, sir. I've been able to handle this all by myself." She kisses the top of her daughter's head. "I've been doing it for so long, you get used to it..."

Ethan attempts his pleas once more. "Michelle, I'm here NOW and apologies for the last interactions we encountered years ago. I want to make that up and-"

"You CAN'T, sir." Michelle buries her face into Erica's shoulder. "Please. I need to calm her down before she injuries herself and-"

"What is it?" Ethan continues to hold his arms out. "Is it Autism?" Michelle shakes her head. "Okay, lets see....Bi-polar disorder?"

"You a Psychologist now, sir?" Michelle tries to chuckle against the tears. "Because if you-"

"Ethan."

"What, sir?"

Ethan pauses to look down. "Call me...Ethan, Michelle. We're not in the office. I do have a name besides 'sir' and 'mister'. Now, as far as ME being a Psychologist....no. I'm not. But I've read many books about brain disorders from my papa's study when I was a kid. I just WANT to help you, Michelle. Please. LET me help you...."

Michelle sighs. "It's not a disorder. I just-"

Before Michelle could finish, her cell phone rings. The tune is an old Queen song; the familiar song echos down the hall, as Michelle turns to face the music. Erica's head lifts up. Drool drips from the corner of her mouth. Blue eyes darting around, looking for where the sudden noise was coming from. Ethan, arms still out, wait for Michelle's response.

Michelle gives in and gently places her daughter in Ethan's arms. "You need to support her head like this. Keep one hand on her back. Watch the spit. Here-I'll wipe this before I answer that. Talk to her. Make small conversations. It...it helps..."

Michelle kisses Erica on the head, walks down the hall and answers the call. While out, Ethan took this opportunity to look over Erica. Her dark skin felt warm against his exposed arms. Her mounds of curly, thick hair waved as he turned to face the window. The sun beaming down caused her eyes to twinkle and shimmer like the cool waters of the creek. Ethan inched his hand high to catch the back of her neck. He felt a bald spot, several stitches and scars.

"What the fuck?" Ethan traces his finger along the material. "What is this, Erica? What is wrong, sweetie?"

Erica's concentration seemed to be distracted by Ethan's tie. She glared at the material; her tiny hand tried to reach for it but she failed to do so. Her speech was slurred; when her lips moved, spit dribbled down the side and onto Ethan's shirt. He took his sleeve and wiped the corners. She had trouble moving her limbs and adjusting in his arms.

Careful to pick Erica up, Ethan turns the girl and views the back of her skull. The back is shaved and a large line of stitches lies under patches of hair. Ethan pushes them back to get a better vies. He could smell the Iodine and medication cremes.

"Oh Erica...what is this, sweetie?"

He'd seen these injuries before on a document not too long ago. The program was about mundies and the road to recoery after a traumatic injury due to car accidents, work related injuries of domestic disputes. Although he was not interested in becoming a Doctor, the way the body works and the mind always fascinated Ethan.

"Car accident? You seem like you're suffering head trauma."

"She is." Michelle stands under the doorway. "She...she's been going to rehabilitation because of it."

"Because of what, Michelle?" Ethan holds Erica close. "What happened to her? I can help you-"

"No, you can't." Michelle shakes her head. "I...the visits have been covered by the insurance but her medications and Physical Therapy is coming out of pocket. Her medicines alone are one hundred a piece. She has to take fie different ones; three alone are for the pain and she needs the other two for the vitamins and proper nutrients needed for her growth. She can't eat solids but is having a difficult time swallowing the mushed up meals. She hates them, sir....I mean, Ethan...."

"Let the office know, Michelle." Ethan stands right before Michelle. He could smell her perfume, as his head lowered to look into her eyes. "Come in tomorrow and we can fill out some appilcations-"

"I don't want the burden of my troubles on the office. We have enough to deal with-"

"Michelle, WE are here to help Fables. YOU and Erica are Fables. Let me and Peter help you, especially if it has to do with your daughter...."

Michelle falls to the floor. Ethan fallows; he sits beside the sorrow filled mother, still holding Erica. "Michelle, please-what's going on?"

Michelle takes her glasses off and covers her eyes. "Pretty sad when you have to hire a Grendel to watch your home when you leave the house JUST to run errands or take her own daughter to the Doctor's..."

"Wait, Rosie watches the apartment?"

"Yes." Michelle seemed awkward as she spoke. "Yes, she....does. Only when I'm out."

"But....WHY, Michelle?"

"See that broken window out there?"

"Yes..."

"My ex...Erica's father...broke in several weeks ago. I was home; Erica was given a bath and I put her to bed. There was a loud crash. I assumed it was the neighbors. They are always loud, inconsiderate. Erica....she was never like this before-"

Michelle covers her entires face. Ethan presses his cheek along her hair and rubs. Like a Dog with his master, the only form of comfort Ethan was able to do while he held Erica. It seemed to work. Michelle's breathing became steady.

She continued. "She asked me what that was and I tried telling her a little white lie. Erica always hated sleeping in the dark, especially around here. But...its the only apartment I can afford at the moment, so, I told her it was the people living next door. She believed me and went to bed..."

"What happend, Michelle?" Ethan was angry. He wanted to change. It been awhile since he had, though. "What did-"

"He broke in, knocked the door down....he was drunk, high on crack and was looking to punish me. For leaving him."

"Why didn't you call the cops?"

"I did." Michelle wipes her nose. "But my main concern was that little girl you have in your arms. She....she must have heard the crash and my screams..."

Ethan holds Erica closer to his chest. The little girl moves for a moment but is safe and secure in the strange man's arms. The beating of his heart was comforting; Ethan tried to hold back the snarls and growls. Fine hair began to grow along his face and arms. Michelle noticed his sudden transformation. She gently touches Ethan with her fingers.

"Ethan....your arms-"

"WHAT did he do?! Michelle!?"

"He had me against the wall...." Michelle wipes her eyes. "He was going to kill me. Erica got out of bed. I didn't even see her. He had a baseball bat in his hands. He was going to kill me with it. I didn't get the blow, though. Erica-"

It explained the scars. Her inability to form a simple sentence. Problems judging her surrounds and understanding what was taking place. She was suffering from a severe blow to the head. Ethan sadly wished it WAS a car accident. Instead, it was in the hands of her own father.

"They rushed her to emergency operation. While he sat in jail, I sat alone....waiting. Hoping she'd make it out alive. She did but the Doctor already warned me the road to recovery will be a long and grueling one. She...I believe she can do it, Ethan. She's the granddaughter of the Toothfairy and powerful Voodoo priest. She can do it..."

"The dad-"

"....Is in jail. He can see her but not alone. I granted him access once but-"

"WHY!?" Ethan hissed. "WHY would you let that fucking creep see her, after what he did to-"

"It was for ME, Ethan!" Michelle pounds the wall with her hands. "ME! NOT Erica! That is his daughter and he's begged and asked for forgivness for what he's done to her. He hates me, yes...but he loves that little girl-"

Ethan was not having it. He didn't believe her. Instead, Ethan pulls Michelle close; she grabs Erica's right hand and holds it to her lips. The little girl tries to speak but fails. Instead, she closes her eyes and sleeps. Ethan, with his right hand, holds Michelle's left. He grasps it tight. She returns the gesture.

The two, alone in the one bedroom apartment, sit in silence, like they've sadly grown acustomed to all those years before. Maybe his mother was right all along. Things did happen for reasons.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3

• Nick's care for the boy is perhaps a sign of the humanity within him; though, after reading the last part where Nick is speaking to Death, it makes me curious just how much autonomy Nick has and where it comes from. Where does his free will come from - if it is truly free - when he has been created as a Harbinger by an immortal force. I suppose if you want the Harbinger to be at all useful it must have it's own will, like with Nick. Given Pie's response, it seems your writing makes people think, which is no bad thing! :P

The description of Snow and the family interacting with each other and Lyra was a charming scene, and despite the animosity between Bigby and Nick the Wolf family will surely be able to see Lyra's innocence in it all.

Finally, I wonder if Rhemsehr will ever be seen again; and going by something Nick says, is he about medium to tall in height, or a little lower?

Good chapter. :D

He was enraged at his actions, leaving a boy without a Father; he had done it many times in the past sure, but he was a changed man now.

It took me WAY too long to write this chapter! I kept getting distracted throughout the day, if it wasn't watching the latest episode of TWD

• Thanks! I'm only mildly worried with Pre-calc, as I have no idea what really to expect. Creative Writing is next year, but I know the teacher very well (He runs the school's literary magazine in which I am an editor) and so I told him I would take the class next year. That class will be a breeze, though.

I like how you describe it! Faith-like indeed...

Best of luck with the classes, I'm definitely sure you'll pass all of them in a flash. And Creative Writing, eh? ;D Has your teach been lett

• If they do a sequel with the Suicide Squad Deathstroke is a part of it, I think, so he will back! :D

Very true! Have you read any of the Batman comics, like The New 52 series?

Bring Deathstroke back!! He is my fav Batman villain besides the Joker :P Maybe they'll kill off Bruce, the mantle of Batman has been taken up by other people before...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.