Does anybody else feel you dont actually have that much choice in Game of thrones???

Honestly, I felt as if TellTale really had a certain path they wanted to take, even though they say "It's all your choice" I mean no matter what Ethan Forrester died, No matter what Ramsey was going to kill Ethan, no matter what Asher was going to be summoned back home. What real plot twisting choices did you actually have??? (Now i havent played the second episode Lost Lords, so things could of changed)

Comments

• It's the Illusion of choice, it's the journey not the destination, Telltale still has to Tell a Tale.

• Welcome to TellTale.

• I feel like I have more choice than I did in The Walking Dead Season 2, so I'm pretty okay with it.

• Hi, welcome to Telltale, can I take your order. Okay you want a differentiating story where it takes multiple different paths based on your choices, sorry we don't sell that.

• God this is such an over talked topic, I'm sick of it.

But no, there are no multiple story lines in any Telltale Game and won't be for awhile. Just enjoy the little things that change and the overall story.

• I don't think your choices are meant to necessarily change the story. They can just shape the situations you would encounter in the game. For example, you can choose how you will receive Ramsay when he arrives in Ironrath. Whether you meet him at the gate or welcome him into the hall, you will still have the same face-to-face conversation with him in the hall but with a few variations.

• Where does it say "It's all your own choice"? There's no indication that you would have several different deviating story lines.

• Sorry everyone i meant "adapts to your playthrough", i dont know, i always thought that meant every single choice you make, made the biggest difference in the game, but i've noticed (by multiple playthroughs) that this is not the case. I have no problem with this, but i would like to see some more major choices that do in fact alter your over all storyline.

Where does it say "It's all your own choice"? There's no indication that you would have several different deviating story lines.

• If that were the case, you'd be waiting much longer for Telltale episodes. People already complain about wait times, doing that would make it even worse.

Sorry everyone i meant "adapts to your playthrough", i dont know, i always thought that meant every single choice you make, made the biggest

• Now since i think about it...That's true.

If that were the case, you'd be waiting much longer for Telltale episodes. People already complain about wait times, doing that would make it even worse.

• Well put.

It's the Illusion of choice, it's the journey not the destination, Telltale still has to Tell a Tale.

• Who brought up God?

God this is such an over talked topic, I'm sick of it. But no, there are no multiple story lines in any Telltale Game and won't be for awhile. Just enjoy the little things that change and the overall story.

• Hi, welcome to Telltale, can I take your order

What did I start with this. :P

Hi, welcome to Telltale, can I take your order. Okay you want a differentiating story where it takes multiple different paths based on your choices, sorry we don't sell that.

• Things have to happen to progress the plot.

• The greatest response to people who complain about Telltale's lack of variety in their choices.

Hi, welcome to Telltale, can I take your order What did I start with this. :P

• I'm flattered.

The greatest response to people who complain about Telltale's lack of variety in their choices.

• @MetallicaRules I'm a half glass full kind of guy, and I always try to look at the brighter half of people, I generally love people. And I'm not trying to attack or insult TellTale (I love TellTale) so I'm just confused by your writing here. Do we have a problem?

The greatest response to people who complain about Telltale's lack of variety in their choices.

• edited March 2015

I don't really mind the fact that Game of thrones doesn't have that many options, I was just wondering if anybody else felt the same way that Game of thrones has a deliberate storyline.

• He probably didn't mean anything, we have a lot of people who come to the Forums to complain about little choice in the games and all that. After a while, it gets extremely aggravating, don't take anything here too personally. There are people who feel the same way as you that the game has little choices but as I stated, Telltale has to tell a tale and it's better to appreciate what you get.

@MetallicaRules I'm a half glass full kind of guy, and I always try to look at the brighter half of people, I generally love people. And I'm

• No not at all, sorry if that came off the way it sounded. I read my comment back and I realize that I sounded like a bit of an ass when I said that. It's just that there have been a lot of people who complained in the past about Telltale and the choices and a lot of people here have gotten a bit tired of it and people like to use that, "Can I take your order," joke as a comeback. I was just telling Golden what a great comeback it was, but I wasn't directing that at you personally. Sorry for the way it came off though.

@MetallicaRules I'm a half glass full kind of guy, and I always try to look at the brighter half of people, I generally love people. And I'm

• oh sorry too! I just don't like getting into any kind of conflict whether it be on the internet or in person. It's just too belittling

No not at all, sorry if that came off the way it sounded. I read my comment back and I realize that I sounded like a bit of an ass when I sa

• Anyway did you guys know TWAU and TWD are completely free for Play store??? It's amazing

• Android market I mean (not PlayStation store or Xbox) I think it might be free on iTunes too!!!

Anyway did you guys know TWAU and TWD are completely free for Play store??? It's amazing

• Those are just the first episodes. You have to purchase the rest of them.

Android market I mean (not PlayStation store or Xbox) I think it might be free on iTunes too!!!

• Um...

Who brought up God?

• edited March 2015

lol

Alt text

Just realized the last part of my comment didn't make sense since you joined three months ago hehe ;)

Who brought up God?

• This is Telltale we are talking about. Not Bioware. There is no real consequences to choice. You might be new to Telltale games (not to be condescending)? Their games are good but it's not like that at all. If you are not new, sorry, just a fact there is no real choice in the games. Minimal consequence.

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited March 2015

Sadly, you're out of wishes to the telltale genie, sorry, no branching storylines for you.

• It's not special only to this particular Telltale game, the illusion of choice is strong with this company.

• Is God a major topic of discussion?

lol Just realized the last part of my comment didn't make sense since you joined three months ago hehe

• Alt text

Is God a major topic of discussion?

• I mean on TellTale games? Obviously God is a huge topic of discussion around the world!

• I feel this way about all Telltale games, but I still love them. They write such good characters and stories that I can forgive the lack of variety. Though, I do hold out hope that they'll give us more options in the future. You're definitely not alone in thinking that there isn't a lot of variety or impact from certain choices. It's probably the most common complaint (other than release date wait times, lol) that I see people make.

I don't really mind the fact that Game of thrones doesn't have that many options, I was just wondering if anybody else felt the same way that Game of thrones has a deliberate storyline.

• Well, new people join the forum and they haven't seen this question raised, so it makes sense that it gets brought up repeatedly. It's pretty easy to ignore threads that don't interest you. About 75% of the threats here aren't that interesting to me, so I stick to the ones that are.

God this is such an over talked topic, I'm sick of it. But no, there are no multiple story lines in any Telltale Game and won't be for awhile. Just enjoy the little things that change and the overall story.

• I get mixed feelings... The Walking Dead Game Season One gave the impression that your choices to matter but in the end they barely do. While The Walking Dead Game Season Two gave the impression that your choices barely matter until the end that is. While in The Wolf Among Us I've found my choices have mattered quite a bit in every episode...

• Yeah @seanstin i thought if you met him at the gate, you would fight him with your army, but after i replayed the mission, I was like.......Well Telltale is making me welcome this guy into Ironclad and soon my neck will be abused by a blade!

seanstin posted: »

I don't think your choices are meant to necessarily change the story. They can just shape the situations you would encounter in the game. Fo

• This is my first telltale adventure, and while I am a heavy adventure fan (played all the sierra quests back in the day, monkey islands etc.) I have to say that I'm a little disappointed at the level of challenges / puzzles in this, which seem a little too simple and straightforward that a 3 year old could complete the game. Now that's on the puzzle / challenging front.

While I would encourage telltale to up the ante when it comes to puzzling, since the gameplay and entertainment factor is so high, a little bit of challenge here and there would be really nice. Or even a level system, like in the beginning you could choose 'seasoned adventurer' or 'flyby' modes, with seasoned adventurers getting real challenges requiring skill and 'flyby' players could skip those sections and just press the left arrow and be done with it and get onto the next bit of content?

For example, that scene where you have to carry the barrel of pitch to the other side, the only skill required is being able to hit 'Q' really quickly, how about throwing a balancing act into that and really make it seem like your character is 'worthy' ?

That said, the storyline is very tantalizing and the setup really does make you feel like you are that character.

Well, apparently, the last couple of episodes really do show the differences your choices make. I believe in the walking dead, there where 32 different endings built into the end of the game ? That's a lot! And in my mind, makes it all worthwhile.

IT's quite obvious that it's not possible to have so many different disparate storyline trees so early in the game, which would require double the amount of audio and production with the result the wait will be doubled and filesize as much, just for a seperate storyline such as if Ethan didn't die in chapter one, could you imagine having to have so many different structures in place ?

At least if the ending shows how your decisions affected the end, I think that is wonderful. I'd like to see some failures and dead ends at the end , though, adding to the replay factor.

• I believe in the walking dead, there where 32 different endings built into the end of the game ?

Season 1 has 2 endings (or 1 depending on how you perceive it) and Season 2 has 5. Not sure where 32 came from XD

This is my first telltale adventure, and while I am a heavy adventure fan (played all the sierra quests back in the day, monkey islands etc.

• edited March 2015

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(video_game)#Choice

By the first act of episode 5, there were 32 variations due to past player choices that they had to write towards.[40] The number of possible scenarios were considered necessary to make the game feel "organic" to the individual player, making the player feel like they weaved their own story within the game instead of just taking a specific route through the choices.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I believe in the walking dead, there where 32 different endings built into the end of the game ? Season 1 has 2 endings (or 1 depending on how you perceive it) and Season 2 has 5. Not sure where 32 came from XD

This discussion has been closed.