Who do you think is the best actor in Game of Thrones?

Just had a long debate with my friend about this, in the end we both agreed on Peter Dinklage. Especially after season 4.

Thoughts?

Comments

• On the show, I'd agree with Peter Dinklage. For the game voice actors, I'd definitely go with Rodriks VA.

• edited March 2015

Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister. The man IS Tywin. He has a constant air of authority and intimidation to him without even trying, you can see it even in interviews off-set, does it on a dime. The man is a badass. Could probably kill a man just by glaring disapprovingly.

You gotta love how he's always so cool and calculating, but you can tell everyone is scared shitless of him. Case in point, this conversation. You can just SEE Joffrey squirming as he approaches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqdtZYrlb90

• Peter without a doubt.

• Oh yeah he's definitely top 3. Legendary actor.

I also thought Pedro Pascal made a great Oberyn Martell, and of course there's Sean Bean.

Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister. The man IS Tywin. He has a constant air of authority and intimidation to him without even trying, you can

• My vote is Charles Dance. As Seargant Snookie said above, there is something about his portrayal of Tywin Lannister that really hits true. If you watch interviews with him out of costume as compared to in, it really is an incredible transformation.

• As Peter and Charles have already been mentioned I could say couple other amazing ones:

Alfie Allen: He played the arrogant boy perfectly, he played the heartbroken son perfectly and now he is playing the Reek perfectly. Very good actor.

Lena Headey: She does the bitchy Cersei amazingly and we love to hate her :D

Jack Gleeson: Amazing young actor, just look at Joffrey. He totally succeeded in making everyone hate Joffrey, just like it was meant to be.

This list could go on forever since GoT is full of great actors.

• Charles Dance plays the menacing, terrifying guy so well. He's like the most terrifying school teacher you could imagine. One look from him and you'd s**t yourself. Though, as others have said, IRL he comes across as quite funny and laid back. Can't wait to hear him in The Witcher 3.

Aiden Gillen is one no one has mentioned yet. He plays the cunning machiavel so well. You just know he's always going to win.

• edited March 2015

Can't wait to hear him in The Witcher 3.

Yessss, gonna be awesome. From what I recall about Emperor Emhyr from when I read the books probably a decade ago now, they couldn't have cast a better actor for the job.

ClemRanger posted: »

Charles Dance plays the menacing, terrifying guy so well. He's like the most terrifying school teacher you could imagine. One look from him

• Charles Dance. He was an powerful presence in show and I will certainly miss him.

• I'm a fan of Natalie Dormer.

• Btw, if the new trailer of s5 tells something it is that Jonathan Pryce will make a terrific High Sparrow! I really got hyped for his storyline because of that trailer. :D

• edited March 2015

Sean Bean!

Alt text
    cuz he dissin' Cersei

• Peter Dinklage and Jack Gleeson

• IMO they get cast good actors for all characters...I would like to add Diana Rigg too.

• I like most of the cast because they are British and British actors are the best ;p There would be no better actor to portray Tywin and no better actress to portray Catelyn. They make me fear/cry/laugh every time I see them. And of course Charles Dance is a really huge actor, probably the best in this cast.

There are also Peter Dinklage (who totally deserved all the awards he got) and Sean Bean (even though Ned's character wasn't that interesting imo). And Varys' actor. I don't know him but when you think about it, it's one of best performences in the show. [and many many more. As I said, I love most of them].

• So am I ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Flog61 posted: »

I'm a fan of Natalie Dormer.

• Oh man that's tough. All the actors/actresses on the show play their role really well but I would say Peter Dinklage is phenomenal. His trials scene in S4 had me breathless after TBH.

• Really? No one has said Iwan Rheon? He is literally the perfect Ramsay. His performance is so great I just can't help but love Ramsay sometimes.

• Iwan motherfuckin' Rheonnnnnnnnn

he's also a great singer

• edited March 2015

I've only just recently started watching the show, and I have to say that it's really hard to pick anyone in particular at this point, as I really think the acting is very, very good throughout. Though if I had to pick someone I would have to go with Aidan Gillen.

• Jack Gleeson.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.