Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Kersea]

The Voting is... still open. We have a tie either way. If you haven't voted yet, now would be a great time Luckily, I introduced the way

• ( kersea )

The Voting is... still open. We have a tie either way. If you haven't voted yet, now would be a great time Luckily, I introduced the way

• [Allow him to accompany you to Raylansfair]

[Go with Abbas and Bakr and meet the Burned Man]

Maya “Aren't you pretty?”, Lord Brune giggled. “Perhaps I should thank the Bronze Lord for sending me such a delightful gift. Wolf, after

• [John]

• The Voting is closed!

Maya will allow Ser Aldrik to accompany her to Raylansfair

Ellena will go with Abbas and Bakr to meet the Burned Man

I know, I know, I said I would leave the voting open until tomorrow. I also know that I said I would post the new part tomorrow. Sadly...

Alt text

I just finished writing the Kersea part far sooner than expected and I simply have to post it now, since I don't want to keep you waiting. I'm loving it and I rarely love anything I write. I hope you'll love it too. I'm sorry for the people who wanted to see John first, but I can assure you that the slightly longer wait will be worth it, probably. I loved writing the John part, but the Kersea part might be one of my favourite parts in the whole story so far, at least from the fun I had while writing. It will follow in five minutes!

• :p

The Voting is closed! Maya will allow Ser Aldrik to accompany her to Raylansfair Ellena will go with Abbas and Bakr to meet the Burned

• edited March 2015

Kersea

Wolfius looked at her with his unsettling smile getting wider and wider. He already seemed to know her answer. Kersea suppressed a sigh and forced herself to look him in the eyes. The look in them could be her own one day...

“Fine. I'll work with you”, she answered and hated herself for it almost as much as she hated him or Clayton. Wolfius gave her an approving nod. “Good choice”, he hissed and looked at Clayton. “I can do with her whatever I like?”, he asked. Clayton gave him a nod and Kersea noticed slight disgust in his face. This might be his only redeeming feature. Clayton was a professional and he hated people who killed for pleasure, especially for pleasures as sick as Wolfius'. “But she needs to die”, he reminded him again.

Wolfius let out a growl. “Sure, Clayton. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid”, he hissed, while looking at Kersea with a cold glare. She felt Clayton's hand on her shoulder and shivered. “You are nervous, right?”, he asked. She managed to nod. She didn't like this. Killing someone wasn't a problem for her. But the stuff Wolfius would do? If Jenna got lucky she would only get raped before the beast would cut her throat. But Kersea had a feeling that Wolfius wouldn't be in the mood for that. He was able to hide his emotions well, but Kersea saw that he was angry. In the horrible weeks since she met Wolfius, she had never seen him loosing his temper. Sure, he was always angry, but it was a subtle anger, expressing itself in occasional glares that were so much worse than him shouting and screaming. But this time, Kersea felt that he was actually close to lash out at someone, like a rabid wolf.

Clayton gave her a soft look. “If you are nervous, think about your sister. This should calm you down”, he said and seemed to be honestly worried about her. But Kersea knew better. “Asshole...”, she mumbled. Clayton did not answer or react to her in any way. Instead he looked at Wolfius. “Whatever is necessary. But nothing more”, he said with a stern expression on his face. Wolfius gave him a nod. “Whatever I deem necessary”, he smiled, but Clayton cut him off. “Whatever I deem necessary, you understand me?”

Wolfius shrugged, looking slightly bored. “Whatever you say, Clayton. Maybe I can have my way with blacksmith Mettel's daughter when we're done here”, he said and yawned. Clayton's stare was cold enough to freeze the Seven Hells. “When we're done completely. When we travel back to Oldtown and I don't have to care for you anymore. Try anything before I allow you to try it, and I'll cut you down myself”, he hissed, his voice getting dangerously calm. Wolfius gave him a slight smile as a return.

“Sure, of course I am afraid of you. A man who feels the need to hide behind a fake name can be intimidating, am I right, Ellyrio Terys”, he smiled and Kersea noticed a subtle change in Clayton's face. She remembered Terys. Another name, another regret, even though she never met him. He was simply a Braavosi merchant who had loose contacts to Raylansfair, a merchant who loved his daughter and who owned a warehouse in Raylansfair. Clayton took his life and his identity, just for this mission...

“Because Wolfius is your real name, right?”, Clayton answered with a chilling smile. Wolfius smile vanished. “It might not be the name I was born with, but it is the name I am right now. You are not Ellyrio Terys and you will never be. You will always be Clayton Teryl, a killer who thinks he's better than me just because he kills for money”, he said and turned around. “I'm going to the castle and I'm killing Jenna Harking. I'm not doing it for Butterfly and I'm certainly not doing it for you”, he hissed. “I'm doing this because I want to” With these words, Wolfius left the building.

Clayton looked after him and then at Kersea. “Keep him under control, Kersea”, he whispered. And how was she supposed to do that? Wolfius barely managed to keep himself under control. Ever since they arrived in Raylansfair, he had been a problem, a barely controllable beast. He hadn't tried to kill her or Alysanne yet, but Kersea knew he would love it. And he had killed a girl on the streets, simply because she reminded him of some barmaid. Clayton had been furious after finding it out, but Wolfius had just smiled and Kersea had never seen him calmer. But if there was one thing that Wolfius was good at, it was killing. She had seen him fight. He wasn't a trained fighter, such as Alysanne, he wasn't naturally graceful, such as herself and he wasn't subtle like Clayton. He was brutal, with no regards for his own life, and absolutely ruthless. He would be useful, he could help her. And she hated herself for accepting his offer. All for her sister...

As Kersea stepped out of the building, she saw Wolfius standing in the shadows of the large warehouse in front of her. He watched her and smiled. Kersea noticed a large raven wheeling far over his head. “City guard is patrolling the streets. This dumb ox of a commander is commanding them personally”, he explained and Kersea gave him a curious look. “How exactly do you know that?”, she asked. Wolfius smile got a bit wider. “I have seen it”, he hissed and Kersea was confused for a moment until she remembered that he was outside for a few hours, getting the damn dagger from the blacksmith he took a liking to. “Are they looking for you?”, she asked. Wolfius gave her a slight nod. “Blacksmith Mettel told the city guard, of course she did”, he hissed. “Clayton should have allowed me to kill that dumb whore. Well, later, I guess”

They moved down the street in complete silence and Kersea was quite thankful for it. Wolfius wasn't exactly the person she wanted to talk to. In fact there was no person in this whole city she wanted to talk to. Maybe Jenna Harking. Kersea wanted to tell her that she was sorry for Richard. That she was sorry for everything, especially what she had to do. But she knew that she wouldn't talk to her. Should that happen, Kersea wasn't too sure if she would be able to kill her.

One time they had to stop as a large group of guardsmen emerged out of an alleyway in front of them. Their leader was an older man with chestnut brown hair and a green breastplate. He gave her a friendly nod, to which Wolfius replied with an equally friendly smile. “Good evening”, the man said before continuing his way. To Kersea's surpise, Wolfius even made a short bow. “Good evening, Commander Nathamer”, he said, before giving Kersea a short nod and continuing his way.

As soon as the guardsmen were out of sight, his friendly smile dropped. “Hackor Nathamer. Thinks he is so smart, but he is nothing. After I'm finished with blacksmith Mettel and her whore of a daughter, I might target him and whatever fucking family he has” The tone of his voice gave no way for any doubts. Kersea shivered as she looked up to the castle.

Reaching the castle wasn't the hard part. Even though the city was full of guardsmen, none of them had any experience in systematically searching a dangerous criminal. Wolfius just had to smile and be polite and they would suspect nothing. That was probably one of his most dangerous traits. He was a hideous man, but he concealed his hideosity like a claw, only letting it out when he truly wanted to show it. Sure, he never seemed to be a normal man. There were subtle hints about the beast inside of him, but it was nothing that was truly outstanding. At worst, he appeared strange, but harmless when talking to someone, until he dropped this act. Kersea had seen what Wolfius truly was. She wasn't afraid of him, but only because she knew how to handle a beast.

They evaded the front gates of the castle, instead they took a rocky path that lead around it, up to the side of the wall that didn't face the city. Kersea had a breathtaking view of the sea and the sunset and if it weren't for her company, or her mission, or everything that happened in the last years, she would have actually enjoyed it. “We're going to climb up right here”, she said. “Clayton got up here, the wall isn't in a very good shape”

As she looked to Wolfius, she saw that he already grabbed an overhanging brick and started to pull himself up. Bloody showoff! But he wouldn't be up there faster than her! She was climbing faster, grabbing the next brick, pulling herself up, making a risky jump to get to the next brick, soon leaving Wolfius behind her. She felt free, she felt happy, for the first time in months. It was only as she noticed that she was smiling, that the usual horrified feeling came back. There she was, playing race like a little girl would do, like her sister would do, playing it with a psychopath just to get to the woman she was supposed to kill. If she weren't hanging on a overhanging brick five feet above the ground, she would have thrown up. This fucking Butterfly and his whole fucking group of killers started to change her, she felt it. The small moment of joy she felt made her wonder if that was how Alysanne saw the world the whole time. Maybe it would be easier if she would just accept it. There was a beast inside her, a beast that got stronger everytime she felt a dagger in her hand, everytime she stabbed and sliced, everytime she killed. Maybe it would be easier. Maybe it would be better for her. Yes, maybe...

Maybe not...

As she finished climbing on top, she was breathing heavily, not only because it had been physically exhausting. Wolfius followed shortly after her, similarly out of breath. Clayton told her that this part of the walls won't receive patrols as regularly as the rest, so they both just took a moment to lay on the ground. Kersea was watching the stars. They were different from her home in the north, from the small, cosy house she had lived in for the first twenty years of her life. The house where Briar was born, where she learned to walk, where Kersea sung with her and played with her. The house where her parents died, on that day where she stopped believing in justice. The house she missed more than anything else... She was wondering if Briar could see the stars from the small room where she was kept in...

“You coming, Kersea?”, she heard Wolfius raspy voice. She noticed that he was standing again. Blinking a tear aways, she stood up too. Wolfius looked her in the eyes and smiled, an almost genuine smile. “You're not getting soft now, do you?”, he asked, almost sympathetically. What was it with him? “No need in hiding. I saw the tear. Your sister?” His question caused her to shiver. The way he said these last two words was wrong. So wrong. Still, she gave him a nod.

“Good. Everyone needs something that motivates him when doing this, some emotion. That's why I despise Clayton. He has no emotions when killing someone. But ending a life is something that needs an emotion. A very special emotion”, he said and came closer. She looked at his scarred face and noticed that Wolfius was younger than she thought. The beard and the scars and the piercing eyes made him look older, but he was actually only a few years older than her. “Joy”, he whispered and Kersea closed her eyes. What had she expected?

“Joy...”, she muttered and Wolfius tone got aggressive again. “I just said that. You need to find joy in what you're doing, or else it will tear you apart. Killing can be so much fun if you start enjoying it”, he explained and turned around, facing the large building in which the servants were sleeping.

Joy...

“Well... thank you, I guess”, she answered, simply because she didn't want to talk to him any longer. Joy... That was what Alysanne felt. She knew, Wolfius was quite fond of her. They were almost soulmates, except that Wolfius was so much worse than Alysanne could ever be. A deep dark part inside of Kersea wished to be like Alysanne. Carefree. Finding pleasure in killing something. It would be easier.

It wouldn't be her.

They entered the servant quarters, long hallways with simple brown doors. “First we're going to get your bitch”, Wolfius said and she saw the joy in his eyes. He had only looked at her note for a short moment, but already memorized the directions written on it. That was also one of his dangerous traits. Wolfius was insane, yes, violent, yes, hormone-driven, yes, but Kersea suspected that he was at least as smart as Clayton. She would have been afraid of him, but everytime she looked at him she only saw an extraordinarily smart beast. She saw a monster.

Joy...

Wolfius stopped at a corner, signalling her to come closer. “Two guards”, he whispered, barely audible. Kersea quickly looked around the corner. Wolfius was right. Two of them, standing right in front of the room her target was supposed to be in. Two guards... Now, they could wait until...

Before she had time to think of a plan, Wolfius started to move around the corner, slightly lifting his overcoat. Kersea held her breath. What was he doing? What was he doing! No! Clayton wouldn't approve of this, he would be angry... But perhaps she was just fed up of pleasing Clayton, perhaps she didn't want to deal with Wolfius.

Joy...

“Hey there”, she heard one of the guardsmen saying. She closed her eyes and for a moment she thought about covering her ears. “Good evening”, Wolfius said. “Maybe you can help me. I'm new and got lost” Kersea shivered as she heard his voice. Barely concealed joy. A beast trying to pass as a human. Sometimes Wolfius failed terribly at being convincingly normal. “Where do you need to go?”, one of the guardians answered. Sometimes, but not today... Sadly not today...

“Inside of this room”, Wolfius hissed. The guardsmen started to laugh. “Man, that's Lady Halla's room. I'm sure she won't like you, the way you look”, he chuckled. “And how do I look?”, Wolfius answered. His voice sounded dangerous now, but only Kersea heard it. The guards didn't pay attention. “Don't know... you look like a northerner who tried to fuck a direwolf”, the first guard said, causing the second guard to laugh hysterically. And then, the sound of a knife drawn, two surprised screams, gurgling sounds, stabbing sounds, slicing sounds and Wolfius voice. “I'm not a fucking northerner and I've never fucked a direwolf”, he growled. “Come on, Kersea. I want to get to the juicy part of this evening”

She walked around the corner. The guardsmen were dead, butchered like pigs. Wolfius had stabbed them in the throat, in the eyes, again, again, again. One of the guardsmen had barely any facial features left. Wolfius gave her a unsettling grin. “After you”, he said, pointing at the door.

Joy...

The room wasn't as big as Kersea suspected from a housekeeper. It was perfectly clean, tidy, a perfect image of a beautiful room. A haggard woman of about forty years sat on a table and looked up as Kersea entered. She gave her a grimace. “Who are you?”, she hissed. “I've told these useless guards that I don't want to be interrupted! And what are you wearing anyway? You have five seconds to...”, she started to rant with a shrill and unpleasant sounding voice. Halla Peddle... maybe it would be easier with her...

Maybe there would be joy...

Kersea was holding the dagger in her hand, the Hoare dagger. Wolfius entered the room and the housekeeper gave him a startled glare, noticed the bloodstains on his coat and even worse, she noticed the look in his eyes. Kersea knew women like her. In their own world, they were monsters, tyrants of the kitchen, a servant's worst nightmare. But when they were faced with real monsters, they turned to become mice.

She tried to scream, Kersea saw it, Wolfius saw it. She knew, Wolfius had experience with preventing people from screaming. With a speed she hadn't thought possible from him, he ran up to her and delivered a fierce blow to her throat. Instead of a scream, a pained gurgle emerged from her mouth, as Halla went to her knees, tears in her eyes, gasping for air. Wolfius walked behind her, calmly, pleased, joyful, grabbing her right arm and twisting it. The housekeeper went to the ground, tears flowing down her face as she tried to scream. Kersea closed her eyes as she heard a cracking sound.

“Please...”, Halla managed to say. “Please, no... Please, mercy”, she whined, still gasping for air, her arm broken, her face a mask of sheer terror. Kersea looked at Wolfius, who gave her a wide grin. She went to her knees, next to the woman and gave her the only mercy she could give...

“The fuck?”, Wolfius snarled as Kersea pulled her dagger out of Halla's neck. “She went down too easy. I was going to target her eyes next. Oh, how they scream when I target their eyes...”, he hissed, but quickly looked up. “Someone is coming!”, he whispered. Kersea gulped and grabbed her dagger. Her hands weren't shaking. She was calm.

Still, there was no joy...

As she walked out of the room, she saw a guardsman looking absolutely horrified at the corpses of his fallen comrades, giving her a startled look. It was a young boy, maybe five or six years younger than she was. Barely grown... Kersea saw him opening his mouth, knew what he would do, knew that she couldn't let that happen. For Briar! And for a short moment, Kersea acted like a beast would act. She threw the dagger, the Hoare dagger, she hit him in the throat...

...a son, a brother, a father. If only she could stop thinking about it, if only she could stop caring, it would be easier, if only there would be joy for her. But there was no joy. There was only Kersea, all alone with her guilt, a girl who couldn't stop caring, a girl who killed a son, a brother, a father...

No joy...

Wolfius gave her an approving whistle. “Nice throw”, he complimented her. It was a genuine compliment, which made it all worse. “Now, let us put these poor fucks inside this whore's room. And then I want to find me a Harking”, he decided.

And they found him a Harking. It took him only a short while to drag the bodies into Halla's room. It took him even shorter to find Jenna Harking's room. It was almost as if he knew this castle. And there she was, walking up to her room, Kersea and Wolfius watching her from behind a corner. Jenna was a young girl, even younger than the boy Kersea just killed. She was pretty, prettier than Kersea thought, but a bit thin. Not too thin for Wolfius apparently, who licked his lips. “There she is... a little Harking girl. This will be wonderful”, he chuckled, before giving Kersea a stern look. “Remember our deal. You'll give me time. Keep watch. If anyone comes, I'll have to make it quick. But, oh, I would hate to make it quick...”

As soon as they heard the door, Wolfius and Kersea walked around the corner. Jenna had gone into her room. Kersea closed her eyes. Jenna Harking. The girl's name was Jenna Harking. And she was about to get killed by a monster. The old Kersea would have fought against Wolfius, but the old Kersea was gone, ever since they took Briar from her. And the new Kersea did everything they wanted from her. For Briar...

Wolfius entered the room. Kersea heart muffled voices, a small talk. Jenna Harking did not scream, at least not at first. But then, a sudden scream, the sound of a knife getting drawn. Kersea had to close her eyes again, she did not want to see this, she did not want to hear this. Killing her was one thing, but this? Jenna deserved better. And Kersea couldn't stop caring. She couldn't. She wouldn't. She had to do something... but Wolfius wouldn't be too thrilled. She had to do something, she didn't want to hear Jenna's screams anymore, wanted it to be over!

Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop, no joy, no joy, never any joy again

[Urge Wolfius to give Jenna a quick death] [Stand guard as he requested] [Walk away]

• edited March 2015

[Stand guard as he requested] Alan vs Kersea= Kersea wins

Wolfius vs Richard = Wolfius wins!!

Let´s see a fight

Awesome Chapter!!!

Kersea Wolfius looked at her with his unsettling smile getting wider and wider. He already seemed to know her answer. Kersea suppressed a

• [Stand guard as he requested]

I actually liked Lady Halla......

Kersea Wolfius looked at her with his unsettling smile getting wider and wider. He already seemed to know her answer. Kersea suppressed a

• [Urge Wolfius to give Jenna a quick death]

• Me too u.u

[Stand guard as he requested] I actually liked Lady Halla......

• I'm sorry, but she hated you. Both of you. Even though she never met you. And she hated all of your characters, even the ones who haven't been introduced yet. Yeah, she was that kind of person... Still, I think she did not deserve a death like this.

supersagig posted: »

Me too u.u

• [Kersea] I sense a fair helping of death and destruction from this part.

• ( Walk away)

• [Walk away]

• (Stand Guard)

• [John]

• :[stand guard]

• edited March 2015

[Walk away]

I have no words to describe how i feel...(except those words, but those do not count...as well as these)

• edited March 2015

E: Oh, the vote was closed :D

Maya “Aren't you pretty?”, Lord Brune giggled. “Perhaps I should thank the Bronze Lord for sending me such a delightful gift. Wolf, after

• [Walk away] Or put hands on your ears, LALALA I CANT HEAR YA! :D

Anyway, great part. Might be that I remember wrong but isn't Jenna supposed to be at Carma's home?

• [Urge Wolfius to give Jenna a quick death]

• [Walk away]

• [Kersea]

• Haha bit too late sorry

Nolonius posted: »

[Kersea]

• [john]

• [walk away]

• She was at Carma's house at the end of her last part, but decided to go back to get her mother's wedding ring, which she conveniently forgot to take with her. If you had decided to let Carma go back to the castle, it would have been her at the end of the part and she would have been attacked by Wolfius. There will be a Jenna part coming soon which will start a few minutes before the Kersea part started and which should explain how Jenna got to the castle again.

[Walk away] Or put hands on your ears, LALALA I CANT HEAR YA! Anyway, great part. Might be that I remember wrong but isn't Jenna supposed to be at Carma's home?

• Ah yeah, I recall the vote, I just remembered that it had been the other way (Carma going back to the castle).

She was at Carma's house at the end of her last part, but decided to go back to get her mother's wedding ring, which she conveniently forgot

• [Walk away] so much for the Harkings to rule xD

• Yeah that's what I thought at first too, but I went back to see that Jenna had gone instead of Carma.

Ah yeah, I recall the vote, I just remembered that it had been the other way (Carma going back to the castle).

• [Kersea]

• It was a pretty close vote. Would have made a major difference by the way :D

Bounden posted: »

Yeah that's what I thought at first too, but I went back to see that Jenna had gone instead of Carma.

• Back from vacation, and all caught up! Great work!

• If Carma was there, I think there would be a lot more orphans in the next chapter

It was a pretty close vote. Would have made a major difference by the way

• Tough choice but [Walk away]

At least she won't hear it

Alt text

• [Walk away]

• The Voting is closed!

Kersea will simply walk away

The next part will follow in a few minutes. After all, it was written yesterday already. And, I called it, since I am in a ridiculously productive phase right now, I have indeed almost finished another part, namely the conclusion of Jaron's storyline in chapter 3.

By the way, there was a little secret regarding Clayton and his involvement in another PoV's backstory hinted at in the first few paragraphs of this part. Thought I should point it out. Anyone got it while reading? If you think you got it, feel free to add a comment :)

Anyway, the next John Gutten part is following in a few minutes. It shall have the title 'Beware of the Bear'

And now for today's shout-out. There is one person in this forum, a very loyal reader who participates in simply every interactive story, on top of being a very great and supportive guy. And this person just decided to make his first interactive fanfiction.

Of course I am talking about @supersagig, who created a fanfiction about the teenager-deathmatch some of you know and love: The Hunger Games, aka this forums new trendy and undeniably awesome setting for an interactive story.

supersagig is probably the single most supportive and active reader of these stories on the whole forum and in my opinion it's only fair to repay this kindness with participating in his story. On top of that, even though this is supersagig's first story and it hasn't started yet, I was able to read a few things he has written and it is safe to say that he is a talented writer. So, no worries, it is going to be awesome!

If you want to support the story (and I think you should), you can check it out here!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.