Game of Thrones - Season 5 Trailers and stuff

Comments

• This poster makes me believe more and more they'll be cutting Aegon from the show and have Tyrion team up straight with Dany. I don't really mind a whole lot since I'm not one of those books fans who are extremely butthurt about the show taking a different path but its still sad to see some of my favorite things cut.

The first official poster of season 5 just came! What do you think? Tyrion seeing Drogon from a boat in a foggy place, hmmmm... coughRhoynecough

• Is it the Drogon that makes you think so? I agree that Tyrion's story this year totally is to team up with Dany. However in the books Tyrion sees something big and black (can't recall how exactly was it described) in the mists of Sorrow. Drogon? That was at least my first thought when I read it. This poster might be referring to that moment just as much as it is referring to Tyrion's destiny to team up with Dany.

But yeah, there is no denying that it is highly unlikely that we'll see the Griffs.

This poster makes me believe more and more they'll be cutting Aegon from the show and have Tyrion team up straight with Dany. I don't really

• Yeah it is. It could just be a red herring since every non-book reader thinks at this point Tyrion will be going to meet Dany without any distractions (like meeting somebody with a stronger claim than her...) but at the same time it could not be one. Its probably unlikely we will see the Griffs.

Is it the Drogon that makes you think so? I agree that Tyrion's story this year totally is to team up with Dany. However in the books Tyrion

• edited March 2015

The titles of first three episodes have leaked and been confirmed by Watchers on the Wall:

1. The Wars to Come

2. The House of Black and White

3. High Sparrow

THoBaW and High Sparrow could have been guessed to be episode titles this season. The Wars to Come however is quite surprising, but I like it. THoBaW ofc comes from Arya entering, well, The House of Black and White. And High Sparrow supposedly makes his entrance in the third episode.

The Wars to Come however is more interesting one to speculate about. Though I don't think this one either is that big of a mystery: I'd say it refers to the war that Varys talks about in the trailer ("I believe that men of talent have a part to play in the war to come.") and Stannis vs. Bolton war to come in the North. Anyway at this point it's kinda round 1 over in the wars of GoT and everyone is getting ready for the second round.

So does anyone else have any thoughts on these episode titles? Hopefully a new trailer comes soon, I'm dying for something to talk about, as you can see :D

• Looks like the episode titles are dropping one by one, Spoiler TV claims that episode 4 is called The Sons of The Harpy, and Spoiler TV supposedly is a reliable source. So ep. 4 will probably be Meereen heavy.

The titles of first three episodes have leaked and been confirmed by Watchers on the Wall: * The Wars to Come * The House of Black a

• And it's fookin amazing! :D One of the best trailers there are and certainly better than the first of this season. Btw, this is a little better quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6a3HfOxlsI

First of all I LOVE the badassness of Stannis the Mannis in this trailer! And that Drogon, jeez :D

OzzyUK posted: »

New Season 5 trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZpucx9KXzI

• I just loved that trailer, it was incredible. It seems like they're going to be able to create some epic scenes with fantastic special effects. And being a Dany fan, I loved her monologue and her parts seem promising (especially with Drogon on her side).

• Alt text

Season 5, here I come!

• Awesome trailer...the first one was kind of weak imo but this one really blew it out of the park. Stannis is just so fucking awesome. And Daenerys's monologue was actually pretty good, if a bit hypocritical. Going to be a great season!

• Damn that looks sick. I just hope Dany stops being so arrogant :/

• Dany is so adorable when she's trying to be intimidating.

• While they do seem to be cutting quite a bit, they at least seem to be leaving the whole uprising plots of the various kings and queens which is great.

oh and Dany your still as obnoxious as ever, Trailer gives me some solace that there not going to make her perfect again

And it's fookin amazing! One of the best trailers there are and certainly better than the first of this season. Btw, this is a little bette

• Here are some new pics:

Alt text

Yohn Royce confirmed for season 5! :) And that LF face XD Sansa doesn't seem to be so happy though...

Alt text

I wouldn't mess with him...

Alt text

Is she in the catacombs? :o

Alt text

Angry Varys :D

Alt text

Hot Mel ;)

-

That Sansa/LF/Royce pic is probably the most intresting, can't wait to find out what are they looking at there. And Dany seems to be visiting Rhaegal and Viserion...

• Sitten olen varmaan kuudes. :D

Hah, näin sun kommentin "Nationality" keskustelussa, niin tiesin sitten siitä että oot suomalainen Hah, I saw your comment in "Nationality" thread, so that's how I knew you were finnish 5th finnish guy I've met on here

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This video has some brief clips from season 5 along with some clips of them filming and a few brief interviews.

Game of Thrones Season 5: Invitation to the Set (HBO)

• The varys change is one I'm happy with he basically vanishes in book 4/5. The sansa stuff is filler I guess.

Here are some new pics: Yohn Royce confirmed for season 5! And that LF face XD Sansa doesn't seem to be so happy though... I

• Is the Sansa stuff really filler though? Somebody showed me these screenshots of Sansa leading the Vale's men into Winterfell or something like that, its really weird.

The varys change is one I'm happy with he basically vanishes in book 4/5. The sansa stuff is filler I guess.

• If she goes to Winterfell the timeline already tells it's kinda filler/non-book (that doesn't mean it can't be good and entertaining TV), but it might be that Sansa's destination in The Winds of Winter will be the North and so D&D are taking her there in advance.

Is the Sansa stuff really filler though? Somebody showed me these screenshots of Sansa leading the Vale's men into Winterfell or something like that, its really weird.

• I think if anything it will be D&D taking her there in advance

If she goes to Winterfell the timeline already tells it's kinda filler/non-book (that doesn't mean it can't be good and entertaining TV), bu

• edited March 2015

Just thought I could put these here since there haven't been any promo pics of Trystane and Myrcella before these:

Alt text

Alt text

Interested to see how big part will they play in the Dorne this season...

• Here comes three more episode names (ep.5-7) to speculate with! It's not 100% sure that they are legit, but the source is geeklyinc.com.

Ep. 5: Kill the Boy

Ep. 6: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Ep. 7: The Gift

About the "Kill the Boy" I'm just going to say... and let the man be born ;) U/U/U = lot's of Dorne, the Gift is the probably the trickiest of these to speculate. I'll probably speculate a little more about these names on a spoiler tagged post soon :D

• It could just be me, but looking at the trailers I noticed a big difference in the direction and the quality of the videos/images. It kinda looks more cinematic than the previous seasons? I approve!

• That's true, hopefully the quality of the writing and acting stays just as great as before and it will be an amazing season! :)

ninoobz posted: »

It could just be me, but looking at the trailers I noticed a big difference in the direction and the quality of the videos/images. It kinda looks more cinematic than the previous seasons? I approve!

• "Kill the boy": I think this will be a big episode for Jon Snow. Aemon will give him the "kill the boy and let the man be born" -speech, and Slynt... off goes his head, and Stannis approves :D It's also possible that Aemon dies in this episode :( I can't really think of any other meanings for the name... perhaps Arya kills a boy in the HoBaW.

• "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken": Obviously important episode for Dorne plotline. I think this could be the episode where the queenmaker-plot will happen (instead of Arianne it will be Ellaria and Sand Snakes trying to make Myrcella the queen.) And possibly the episode ends with a badass speech about vengeance from Doran Martell.

• "The Gift": Again, Jon Snow. I suppose in this episode the wildlings are given lands from The Gift. Other meanings for the name could be gift of mercy (given by Arya), LF's "gifts" for Sansa (The North and The Vale). A very vague name, will probably refer to many things in the episode.

Here comes three more episode names (ep.5-7) to speculate with! It's not 100% sure that they are legit, but the source is geeklyinc.com.

• I'm most excited to see Dorne this season. It's one of my favorite regions in all of Westeros and I'm curious about the whole Jaime storyline, considering that's something that we have no idea what's gonna happen since its not in the books.

Just thought I could put these here since there haven't been any promo pics of Trystane and Myrcella before these: Interested to see how big part will they play in the Dorne this season...

• The one thing I wait the most from Jaime's visit in Dorne is his scene(s) with Myrcella. I think there is very much potential for good TV in those scenes (assuming there will be Jaime/Myrcella scenes.... come one, there must be!).

I'm most excited to see Dorne this season. It's one of my favorite regions in all of Westeros and I'm curious about the whole Jaime storyline, considering that's something that we have no idea what's gonna happen since its not in the books.

• edited March 2015

Here are some other videos for those of you who haven`t seen it yet.

Meet the Sand Snakes

Game of Thrones Season 5: A Day in the Life

Weapons of Dorne

Set design

• For those of you who have read the books...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfrUOeS4uM

...by the end of that video is "the duck spoiler". So what do you guys think, is this a hint that we will see the Griffs, a random joke/troll, or something else?

• Haha man now I'm excited again for the new season!

That's gotta be Duck from the books so maybe the Young Griff could be Trystane Martell with Doran getting Griff's role? makes kinda sense I guess...Unless of course they're playing with us.

For those of you who have read the books... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfrUOeS4uM ...by the end of that video is "the duck spoil

• Yeah, I can't decide whether to hype this or be like "Pfft, just trolling, Lannisters lie" :D

Upshaw posted: »

Haha man now I'm excited again for the new season! That's gotta be Duck from the books so maybe the Young Griff could be Trystane Martell with Doran getting Griff's role? makes kinda sense I guess...Unless of course they're playing with us.

• That would be awesome but even with the Young Griff Season 5 still lacks one of the best..

Alt text

Couldn't they just cut Victorian and Aeron and do the kingsmoot with Euron and Asha?

Yeah, I can't decide whether to hype this or be like "Pfft, just trolling, Lannisters lie"

• Wasn't Trystane... not white?

Just thought I could put these here since there haven't been any promo pics of Trystane and Myrcella before these: Interested to see how big part will they play in the Dorne this season...

• Alt text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjABoFk4yM0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw96t0kIHmE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPN_AO-xSI It's almost here...

• Alt text

I'm ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjABoFk4yM0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw96t0kIHmE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPN_AO-xSI It's almost here...

• I really hope that it's a hint towards Aegon. IMO he was the most interesting part of A Dance With Dragons, would love to see his story in the show.

For those of you who have read the books... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfrUOeS4uM ...by the end of that video is "the duck spoil

• Yes if they have to cut out the majority of the greyjoys and quenten fine (because lets face it most are dull and dont do all that much) but they could leave him in

Well not fine obviously and if they do include everything that would be great but still

I really hope that it's a hint towards Aegon. IMO he was the most interesting part of A Dance With Dragons, would love to see his story in the show.

• edited April 2015

Myself I don't find the griffs that interesting as characters (I know many do and that's okay), but what I do like about them is that they bring a new player to Westeros power struggle and put up a possible scenario for Dance of Dragons vol. 2. Well, other interesting thing about YG ofc is him being yet another kind of concept for ruler - one that has been educated the responsibilities of the king all his childhood and raised among smallfolk.

I have a feeling fAegon will sit the IT in the books, after having support from Dorne, Stormlands and possibly Reach (not Tyrells ofc), but he won't be there for long.

I really hope that it's a hint towards Aegon. IMO he was the most interesting part of A Dance With Dragons, would love to see his story in the show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.