The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• just because it didn't get likes doesn't mean people didn't see it...

Markd4547 posted: »

sheet This story got no likes and my post below got 2 likes so I'll remove it then ignore :P

• Happy bday Golden, wish you all the best! :)

Alt text

There's a cute gif for you.

Happy birthday to me.

• late hapy birth of day from mother bum

Green613 posted: »

It's your birthday too? :P

• I never said that I mean if the one below got lots of likes it means to remove it, it's bad :)

ComingSoon posted: »

just because it didn't get likes doesn't mean people didn't see it...

• I got the Mod congratulations!

Although I should say thanks to everyone, since i'm on my phone it'll be hard, so i'll just say it to you and anyone sees it can feel as if it's for them too.

Thank you !

Happy Birthday!

• since i'm on my phone it'll be hard

is daily phone user

tear slowly rolls down cheek

I got the Mod congratulations! Although I should say thanks to everyone, since i'm on my phone it'll be hard, so i'll just say it to you and anyone sees it can feel as if it's for them too. Thank you !

• edited March 2015

Thanks Blind ^-^. Thanks to you too @ComingSoon =]

...and Happy Birthday to you too!

• ...That's not really...that doesn't make sense. You posted it to the forum so everyone can see, when I post something and it gets less likes than another post that doesn't mean "remove it because it's bad".

I never said that I mean if the one below got lots of likes it means to remove it, it's bad

• Alt text

Green613 posted: »

Thanks Blind ^-^. Thanks to you too @ComingSoon =]

• SFHSVFISOFFBOSU

Alt text

carl, dirty whore, giving juicy jimbles jingly job

• edited March 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OifhQ64EM

The one right below got 2 likes spam this was a more privare story I was unsure of it got zero likes right above it telling me it might be bad I removed it, it's gone I changed my mind and don't want to post it, I really hope that is alright with you bro pls

...That's not really...that doesn't make sense. You posted it to the forum so everyone can see, when I post something and it gets less likes than another post that doesn't mean "remove it because it's bad".

• Nah, it's fine if you really wanted to remove it. Just seems odd is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OifhQ64EM The one right below got 2 likes spam this was a more privare story I was unsure of it got zer

• Yeah...But...My phone sucks.

since i'm on my phone it'll be hard is daily phone user tear slowly rolls down cheek

• suck

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Yeah...But...My phone sucks.

• Did you also sync your account from within the game(s)? I believe once you sync your account within the game(s) and from the website, you should be able to see the extra choices you made.

Zydrate posted: »

It is indeed linked to Steam but I still don't see anything. I haven't finished anything in GoT but Episode 1 of TFTB is finished... I wanted to see my stats and stuff

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2015

Just thinking out loud and spitballing ideas, but I've been thinking of two different ways to make this thread a little more digestible and easier to catch up on.

Would you guys like either of these ideas?

• Making a spin off thread of Whatever's On Your Mind where you guys can post pictures, memes, etc, so that others can use Whatever's On Your Mind for discussion. Pictures would still be allowed in the main thread, of course, but the new thread would ideally be the place where you guys go if you want to make posts where you only share pictures instead of discussing things.

• Making a new Whatever's On Your Mind thread and locking the old one every three or so months, with links to the previous threads provided in each new thread. This would make it easier for you guys to catch up on your thoughts, instead of having your posts drowned out in a 2000+ page thread.

Thoughts?

• None. This is perfect.

Just thinking out loud and spitballing ideas, but I've been thinking of two different ways to make this thread a little more digestible and

• I couldn't tell you, maybe you just linked them up wrong, I honestly don't know.

Zydrate posted: »

Share me your secrets!

• edited March 2015

I'm fine with how it is but

Not so sure about the first..............................

I could probably live with the second though :)

Just thinking out loud and spitballing ideas, but I've been thinking of two different ways to make this thread a little more digestible and

• I love it just the way it is ;-;

But if I were being completely honest and had to choose between the two I'd choose the first one. I just feel like the amount of pages proves to be some form of accomplishment, I don't know why :) It just feels awesome and empowering, like, "hell yeah I just contributed to these 2000 pages!"

The meme thread would be called "The Whatever's On Your Meme Megathread" lmao

• Both?

edited March 2015

For those curious, I'm basing my first idea off of other forums. Not only would it make this thread more bearable for mobile users, but from observing other forums, the "Funny Picture" threads actually became successful and gained their own following with a large community.

There's nothing wrong with images/memes/etc of course, but I feel that sometimes they can override other types of discussions people want to have if people only use pictures.

The second idea is one I just recently came up with for convenience for you guys, but the first idea has been in my head for a while so that the quality of discussion would be improved in this thread while still giving you an outlet to post pictures. I'm not saying pictures are low quality discussion, but rather that it will encourage better discussion in this thread if you guys have another outlet to post pictures. I'm kind of tempted to give the first idea a trial run at some point.

• The second idea was just one I came up with very recently and I do get what you mean about contributing to a large thread. I'd be fine with keeping one thread, but even if I did decide to go with my second idea, it wouldn't even have to be every three months. I just meant that occasionally starting new threads at any interval - no matter how long or short - might keep things fresh and allow for new people to join the discussion.

I love it just the way it is ;-; But if I were being completely honest and had to choose between the two I'd choose the first one. I just

• In its current incarnation, the Whatever's On Your Mind Thread gets too much traffic for me to process. I skip almost all of the videos, and I usually skip entire pages and just look at the last one. It would be nice to have a "deep dive" version that only featured thoughts actually written out, though people can still feel free to respond to those thoughts with animated GIFs and videos and other silliness. However, I bet it would be confusing to many and cause untold strife for those who post in the wrong thread.

What would really be neat is if the forums supported cross-posting, where you could put the same message in multiple threads, so this thread could remain the same, while the more thought-provoking of its posts would appear in the other thread as well. That's probably not too likely, though.

edited March 2015

It would be nice to have a "deep dive" version that only featured thoughts actually written out, though people can still feel free to respond to those thoughts with animated GIFs and videos and other silliness.

That was my thought process. That, or users can still post pictures that they want to discuss.

However, I bet it would be confusing to many and cause untold strife for those who post in the wrong thread.

I was considering updating the main post to direct people to the new thread if they want to post pictures/memes/etc, but that's certainly a good point to consider. As I said, some other forums have their own thread dedicated to funny pictures which turn out to be good with lots of community participation, so I was looking to that for inspiration.

Silliness would still be allowed and discussion wouldn't have to be deep all the time or anything, I just thought that it would make the thread more digestible for people who want to discuss things.

WarpSpeed posted: »

In its current incarnation, the Whatever's On Your Mind Thread gets too much traffic for me to process. I skip almost all of the videos, an

• no ones name starts with x shut up you freaking bagel Frick Trump

I have a long ass name.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Takes the first letter of what your first names is called, add the month of when you was making a birth of yourself in - and you got your spooky Halloween name! (Courtesy of Jimbles Notronbo) Damp Bum Behind.

• ...That being said, I should also point out this isn't the "first" Whatever's On Your Mind thread. We have older "Whatever's On Your Mind" threads too.

I love it just the way it is ;-; But if I were being completely honest and had to choose between the two I'd choose the first one. I just

• Food. Food is on my mind.

• Yes, I do think I remember seeing other threads like that. I'm not against the first option, it may seem like a good idea. One thread for memes and fun and whatever you want, another for any legitimate discussion.

...That being said, I should also point out this isn't the "first" Whatever's On Your Mind thread. We have older "Whatever's On Your Mind" threads too.

• Shout out to @CreepingCake, @MetallicaRules, @J-Master, @Arya_Stupid, @MerakMissile2, @Sarangholic @Belan, @snakecharmerofborg, @Squishy Cthulhu, @Lilacsbloom, @InfiniteDawn, and @AllThatRemains.

I know I missed some of you all. So, shout out to everyone who's either on these forums to voice their out numbered opinion or just to people who stick to their guns and have genuinely good arguments for whatever it may be.

But, those people mentioned I consider especially badass (I know I still missed some people). Cheers.

• Eat

Food. Food is on my mind.

• 1 and a half days left!!!!!!!!

Alt text

• edited March 2015

Thank you for that post Rachelle :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVHnZX8E50

Alt text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5vRGtKPY0

• I hate violence in general...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5vRGtKPY0

Sign in to comment in this discussion.