Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Help Himani target Jarek]

Jaron Jaron grabbed a cup of wine from the tablet. “Why not? Guess I've slept enough in the past week. Damn poppy stuff”, he chuckled. “H

• [help Martin and target robb]

Jaron Jaron grabbed a cup of wine from the tablet. “Why not? Guess I've slept enough in the past week. Damn poppy stuff”, he chuckled. “H

• MadManLeeMadManLee Banned
    edited March 2015

( Help martin and target Robb)

• [Help Martin and target Robb]

Like Super said, I like Martin, so let's help a brother out.

• Oh, wait until Butterfly appears in person >:D I have something planned that managed to make me legitimatelly creeped out.

“One day, we found a survivor. A young boy. I happened to know him. His name was Endrew, he was an orphan and a bastard, like so many here i

• Welcome back :D Let me give you a short recap of what happened since you last voted:

So far you've missed a few events, but not too much. Willfred had a battle against the Ironborn. Maya killed Lord Brune and learned that she had been tricked by Lord Royce. Ellena was saved from a very gruesome fate thanks to the arrival of Abbas and Bakr, the not-slavers from Chapter 1. John met a man who calls himself Bear and who utterly wiped the floor with him. Finally, and probably most importantly for you, Kersea and Wolfius brutally killed Lady Halla and currently Wolfius is attacking Jenna.

[Help Martin and target Robb] Dammit! I got unfollowed from this thread for some reason, and came back to 157 new comments. I really like Martin, so I'll help him out!

• It has been a while since we've last seen your guys. Sorry for the long wait :D

But I think they had a good reintroduction in the last Ellena part. From now on, there will be a role for them in many future parts and even though they might not appear in every part, there are still huge things planned for them!

Churned posted: »

[Help Himani and target Jarek] Bringing back the boys, lovin' it!

So a certain pirate king had some business in Oldtown?
    :P

• No problem!

It has been a while since we've last seen your guys. Sorry for the long wait But I think they had a good reintroduction in the last Elle

• This is amazing, I'm so glad I found this. You are an amazing writer can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

• Welcome and thank you very much :)

cheyman99 posted: »

This is amazing, I'm so glad I found this. You are an amazing writer can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

• edited March 2015

The Voting is closed!

Jaron will decide to help Martin and they will target Robb

The new part isn't very far written, since I didn't have that much time yesterday. I'll try my best to finish it today, but tomorrow is more likely.

Today I want to give a shout-out to the first story of which I know that got inspired by Forum of Thrones. Well, partially inspired, but that's still a big honour for me!

@InGen_Nate_Kenny, one of the first persons who submitted a character (in fact, Leonard was the 4th submitted character) and a faithful reader ever since, has decided to start his own story, partially inspired by Forum of Thrones and NoHopeLeft's brilliant story Monument. Now, as the readers of my shout-outs might recall, Monument is a Walking Dead fanfiction. Pardon, I mean, awesome Walking Dead fanfiction. This means, A Game of Domains, which is the title of InGen's story, is sort of inspired by two different franchises, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. And, I won't lie, this sounds legitimatelly awesome!

The story is set in the world of The Walking Dead, but will also deal with themes that are mainly Thrones dominion. InGen recently wrote a prologue that already made me excited for the story, because it is very well-written. However, as always, this story needs more characters and readers and voters, so if a TWD fanfiction with partial GoT inspiration manages to get you excited, you should check it out here!

• Alt text

The Voting is closed! Jaron will decide to help Martin and they will target Robb The new part isn't very far written, since I didn't h

• edited April 2015

Garthon

He sighed. No, he did not want to die wet, hungry and tired. And he knew, neither did George, even if his companion didn't knew it yet. It was going to be a dark night either way and a road in the Riverlands wasn't exactly the place Garthon would spend it. “Come on, George”, he said with a sigh. “I really don't want to ride the whole night through this rain” George's facial expression hardened. “I thought you were Ironborn. This is only water”, he said and Garthon narrowed his eyes. If there was one thing he absolutely hated, then it was being mocked, especially from some stupid and far too idealistic fish. “It's not the rain I'm afraid of. But what we are trying to do is something every sane man should be afraid of”, he hissed. George shook his head. “Lord Tully is not afraid”, he answered and Garthon gave him a smirk. “That's exactly what I'm saying”, he answered. “Now, come on, boy! Somewhere in there, a buxom wench just waits to serve you more ale than you can ever drink”

George gave him a curious look and for a moment Garthon was afraid the boy didn't knew the meaning of the words buxom, wench and ale. But to his relief, he gave him a nod. “Fine, Garthon. It's your call. I've never seen myself as much of a decision-maker anyways”, he said and Garthon suppressed a smile. Yeah, he could see that. Still, the boy must be good for something, he was one of Tully's most trusted soldiers after all.

As they rode closer to the inn, Garthon noticed that it wasn't very tall. A two-story building with a stable next to it. Nothing special. But he didn't want something special, as long as it was warm and dry. And maybe he would meet company more pleasant than George's. Well, at least the last part was almost certain. From inside of the inn, Garthon heard music. Someone was playing a harp...

Naturally, the inn wasn't too crowded. Currently he saw about four people in the surprisingly small taproom. The first person Garthon looked at was a young woman sitting in a corner, sadly the only woman in the tavern. She was young, not bad looking, with long brown hair and apparently she wasn't a barmaid either. She wore plain clothing, a white shirt and brown pants, more befitting for a man and to her left lay a longbow. Next to her sat a man, more a boy, probably barely eighteen, but nonetheless handsome with brown hair, wearing clothes similar to the girl's. The were listening to the music of a harper a plain looking boy with light brown locks, who was singing along. Garthon knew that song and slightly smiled.

“The Dornishman's wife would sing as she bathe with a voice that was sweet as a peach”, the harper sang with a pleasant voice, perfectly playing his harp and Garthon looked at him. By the Drowned God, this man had to play for a king, not in this shabby inn! Naturally, not Harren. The king of the Isles and Rivers had no sense for music, except for the cacophonous screams of dying people. But the Gardener king was quite fond of music, as was the princess of Dorne. And she would likely even appreciate this song...

“But the Dornishman's blade had a song of it's own and a bite sharp and cold as a leech”, the harper continued and Garthon grinned for a moment. He remembered that dornish woman he once seduced. Unfortunately, she had a blade too and every time Garthon looked at the scar between his left eye and mouth, he remembered it's bite.

George stepped past him, pointing at one of the tables. “We should sit down”, he said, looking at the woman with the longbow. She wasn't exactly a buxom wench, but she really wasn't bad looking. The girl caught him staring and gave him a short glare out of her genuinely pretty green eyes and Garthon suppressed a big grin as he saw George's face turning red. Only as he walked towards one of the free tables, he looked at the last man inside of the room. Oh shit... out of all people, why him?

The man was in his late thirties, a very tall man with dirty brown hair and a shaggy beard. His eyes were dark, not quite the almost black colour which was typical for a Hoare, but still darker than most. He was muscular, probably close to Torvin in build, was armed with a longsword and wore a simple armour. On his chest, Garthon saw the emblem of House Hoare. And even worse, he knew this man.

Garthon never wanted to be a traitor, he was only in this out of loyalty to Torvin. And he was able to understand the Riverlord, all of them actually, from Tully to Lord Blackwood, who had nothing but disdain for the Ironborn, to the overly cautious Lord Bracken. He was even able to understand the Sons of the Trident in some way. But he would never understand a Riverman who would betray his people only to build himself a home in Harren Hoare's backside. Velmont Redloon was a man like that, a Riverman whose cruelty managed to surpass that of many Ironborn. And he knew him and looked at him, with a smile befitting of a traitor, befitting of a fish who tried to be iron.

“Breaker!”, Velmont exclaimed, causing the man and the woman to look up. “Garthon Breaker! How do you end up in such a shitty inn?” Velmont actually tried his best to sound friendly, which was never a good sign. Garthon couldn't even pretend to ignore him. Ignoring Velmont was like ignoring a dragon. Probably a bit less deadly, but still similarly impossible.

“As he lay on the ground with the darkness around and the taste of blood on his tongue”, the harper continued the second verse of his song. Velmont gave the man a short glare. “Fucking bards. I know why Harren usually ends up beating them to death with their own instruments”, he growled before shouting in the direction of the man. “Hey, you hear that Harper? If I take a shit right now, it would still sound better than you!”

The harper gave no answer, albeit he stopped playing for a moment. The young man listening to him on the other hand stood up from his chair, which caused the woman to grab him by the hand. “Don't do that, Jared”, she hissed, trying her best to ignore Velmont. Like most people, she failed at that, giving him a nervous glare, to which Velmont answered with a lecherous smile. Garthon couldn't resist to give him a slightly angry stare. “What are you doing here?”, he asked.

“I think I asked first, Breaker”, Velmont answered. Ah, now that was something Garthon was good at. Lying to a stupid iron fish. Considerably calmer, he gave Velmont his most convincing smile. “That boy here is George, he's a friend. His mother lives in Maidenpool and recently got quite sick, so we're going there”, he lied through his teeth and hoped that George was at least able to convincingly lie. The boy could hardly look away from the young woman and Velmont gave him a grin. “You should buy him a whore. Last person I've seen looking at a girl like that, was Harmund Hoare after two weeks without a cunt”, he said with the charm of a shark and the tact of a stillbirth. Both, George and the young woman heard it and gave him a cold glare, but in George's case, embarrassment was added to it.

“Anyway, I'm on my way back to Harrenhal. Have some good bad news for our king”, Velmont started to explain. “Trymon Brune is dead, the Dyre Den without a lord, the killer on the run. His eldest son will travel to Crackclaw Point and he will be a better lord than the old fishfucker ever was. Though I have some second task...” He stopped and looked Garthon in the eyes, his stare suddenly filled with feigned anger as he grabbed him by the shoulders. “What?”, Velmont shouted, leading to the three other guests looking at him with shock. “You think I haven't noticed the look in your eyes?”

George put his hand at the hilt of his sword and Garthon gave him an alarmed look. “George, don't...”, he hissed as Velmont pulled him closer. “We need to talk... outside”, he whispered and began dragging Garthon to the door, looking at the woman. “What? What are you looking at, bitch?”, he shouted at her. Garthon didn't put up more resistance than necessary. He knew, Velmont was stronger than him. And the way he acted was... odd to say the least. He planned something. Whenever Velmont Redloon planned something, Garthon had a bad feeling.

George followed them outside, his sword still half drawn. “Garthon, shall I kill him?”, he asked and despite being slightly afraid of Velmont, Garthon managed to roll his eyes. Killing Redloon? Cute...

Velmont pulled him closer. “Listen, Garthon. I think these three in there might be Sons of the Trident. From what I've heard from their talks, their names are Jon, Jared and Dacey. You know, like in Jon the Harper, Jared Hunter and Dacey Longbow”, he hissed and Garthon gave him a startled nod. These names were indeed names of some members from the Trident outlaws. He had heard of them before, but he had also heard that they were people he didn't want to mess with. “Alright then... we will simulate a fight now. I will punch you a few times, pretty light, but you will punch me too. Don't break my nose though, or else I'll get angry. You'll get inside there and start to curse me, curse the king and curse all Ironborn. Pretend to be a Rivercunt. Win their trust. And come back to me and tell me everything. The king will be pleased, with us, for finding and eliminating three Trident fuckers. And I could also help you whenever you need me. Deal?”, he asked. Garthon looked at him as if he had lost his mind. From what he knew about Velmont Redloon, he might had.

“You want me to punch you, just so that I can win the trust of three possible outlaws?”, he asked and Velmont gave him a short nod. “Exactly. Listen, we might get only one chance to get the three of them, so do what I say or it will have consequences for you”, he growled and Garthon knew that he was indeed serious. It was crazy, but he saw some good sides as well. He always wanted to punch Velmont Redloon. And the girl wasn't too bad looking, for a possible outlaw. Maybe this evening could get quite entertaining after all...

[Simulate a fight - Punch him softly] [Don't hold back - Break his nose] [Refuse to fight him]

Jenna

You just arrived here. You haven't seen your kids all day. Go, check after them. I'll be right back”, Jenna said, ignoring the dizzy feeling in her head. It had been a long day and she still wasn't sure if she had done the right thing. Trusting Septon Corbin... maybe she had done a good thing. Maybe this would ensure Harris downfall should something happen to her. Or maybe she just tied her own noose with that... Jenna couldn't even pretend to be brave in that case. She was only a timid girl, trying to stay alive. Trying to do the right thing. Just like now. Carma deserved to stay with her family. Even though it wasn't much, her father would have been proud. Would be proud...

Jenna closed her eyes, the dizzy feeling gone, replaced by the sadness she was used to. She felt Carma giving her a hug. “I'm so glad you said that”, her friend whispered. “I'll prepare a nice meal while you're gone. Don't take too long, or else it might get cold”

She smiled as she hear this and stood up. Her father wasn't a good cook and the meals servants got under Lady Halla where hardly enough to satiate anyone. Her mother had been a good cook, the rare times where they actually had enough to eat. Fond memories... Right now everything was collapsing around her. Maybe fond memories where the only thing she could cling to. Maybe that was all that would be left, one day.

As she left the room, she saw Urid sitting at the table, giving her a big smile. “I've heard what you just did”, he told her. “Carma is a good person. She would have gone for you and I know that you are tired. But... I want to thank you for declining her offer. We don't have much time as a family because of her work, but it's... it's important for the kids. And it means a lot” Jenna gave him a smile before leaving.

Yes, she had done the right thing. Her father will be proud as soon as he'll hear this. Once Harris guards found him, she would make sure to tell him everything that happened. The good. The bad. How she tried to be brave. How she horribly failed when facing a monster. And how she just gave a family a lovely evening together. Perhaps, Jenna even felt a bit proud. With a considerably easier feeling, she left the Strad's house, stepping into the cold evening. The sun was almost gone, only a thin red line remained on the horizon, slightly above the Sunset Sea. One more time and then she would be gone from that horrible castle, that horrible housekeeper and that monster of a lord. A new beginning...

The way back to the castle was easier and shorter than she thought. The building had always intimidated her, from the very first day where she started working there. It was hard work, even harder thanks to Lady Halla tormenting her. But it was work that helped to support her father. If only she would have been able to help her mother as well...

The gate was guarded by a vaguely familiar looking woman. Jenna remembered, she had seen her in the castle a few times, she even met her briefly after talking to Septon Corbin. The woman had light brown hair that fell to her shoulders, as well as brown eyes. She was quite pretty, not the kind of pretty people would describe Jenna with, but more the kind of pretty that actually managed to turn heads. Right now, the woman was looking at her, narrowing her eyes for a moment before recognizing her.

“You are Jenna Harking, right?”, she asked and Jenna was surprised that the woman actually knew her name. She gave her a shy nod and the woman gave her a slight smile. “Lord Harris told us that you have a day off. Forgot something before sneaking away, huh?”, she asked with a chuckle, while Jenna gave her a terrified stare. “What?”, she answered and noticed how weak her voice sounded. “I... never intended to... to sneak away... I'm spending the night at Carma Strad's house... I don't want to...”

The guard shook her head. “Easy now. I was making a joke. Seven Hells, I'm not good with that”, she answered and patted Jenna on the back. “My name is Nora Recton. I've seen you around a few times” Jenna gave her a relieved smile. “I forgot something from my quarters”, she said and Nora gave her a nod. “It's okay. Just go inside and don't take too long. It's your free evening after all. I can guess you don't want to spend it inside of that castle, after all that happened, I mean”, she said and for a moment Jenna's smile faded as she remembered Ser Ilhan. “I'll be right back”, she proclaimed and started to walk away, but turned around as Nora called her again. “Jenna!”, she shouted and Jenna turned around. “Just wanted to say that Lord Harris ordered me and a few others to look for your father tomorrow. We'll bring him back, I promise” Something in her voice made Jenna believe her and her smile returned. With a thankful nod, she turned around again and walked towards the tall building the servant's were living in. For a short moment she narrowed her eyes as something on the wall caught her attention. For a moment she thought she saw two figures up there... must have been the guards, even though they rarely patrolled that part of the wall.

As Jenna entered the building, she slowed down her steps. Maybe this would be the last time she would walk down these hallways. And even though it hadn't been easy for her, this had been her life for years. Years of her life which she spent cowering in fear of simply everyone. Lady Halla, naturally. Ser Ilhan, before she realized what a man he had been. Even Harris, who had always been kind to her, until he... She had been afraid, she had been a timid little girl. Some part of her still was. But some part of her was something else, some part of her had finally picked up a sword. And one by one, she would start killing her monsters with it.

She reached her room without problems. This had been part of her home, after all, for all these years. She would have been able to find it blindly. For one moment, before entering her room, something caught her attention again. Was there someone standing behind that corner? No, no that would be ridiculous. Just her being a worthless coward again. But she didn't want to be a worthless coward anymore.

As relaxed as possible, Jenna walked down the hallway and entered her room. For a short moment, she paused, looking at the belongings she had to leave behind. Nothing of it was of any value, at least not material. But some of these things had been with her for years. Yet, she only came for one thing, the one thing she couldn't leave behind. As she looked on the ground, she quickly saw it. Her mother's wedding ring... a simple piece, nothing special, but a relic, a fond memory of good times, where everything had been easier. She reached down to pick it up and in this moment she heard a sound she didn't want to hear. Her door got opened...

She twirled around, facing a man just a few steps in front of her. He had a scarred face, with bedraggled blonde hair and he was wearing a long brown overcoat. His smile sent shivers down her spine, but his eyes were even worse. They were dead, pale grey, without any emotion in them, except for one. Joy...

“Hello, Jenna”, he hissed and came closer. As she opened her mouth to scream, he shook his head. “Don't do that. I'll kill you if you scream. And I would hate to kill you soon” He came closer again and she tried to fall back, quickly reaching the end of her chamber. “You are such a sweet girl... Shame that your father can't be here to see what I'll do to you”, the man growled. “You know, we have a score to settle. And since that worthless bitch Kersea spared him...” As she gave him a shocked stare, he started to laugh. “Oh, yes, your daddy is alive, for now. He will outlive his precious daughter, but not for long, oh no... If you want to do something, always do it yourself!”

With these last words, he jumped at her and delivered a swift punch to her face. Jenna fell down, the man on top. “Don't resist! I will hurt you more if you do... Oh, wait! Resist! Come on, put up a fight. Show me that you're better than the last one”, he shouted and pulled out a knife. She didn't fight back, at least not as much as she wanted. She was afraid, too afraid.

Only as the knife came closer, Jenna started to react. She tried to grab his arm and for a moment she was surprised how thin he was. But he was strong, stronger than he looked and the knife still came closer. “You are too pretty”, the man hissed. “I'm going to change that before you die” And despite her trying her best to push back his arm, the knife slowly touched her cheek. She felt a sharp pain and she screamed as it slightly cut the flesh on her face. “Yes!”, the man screamed. “Scream a little more for me!” She felt warm blood running down her face, mixing with tears. Tears of pain. Tears of sadness. Tears of rage.

No! This was not how she would die! Not here! Not to him! Not today!

The blade cut deeper, leaving the left side of her face in sheer agony, but the pain filled her with anger, years of suppressed anger. Anger at Lady Halla, for everything she put her through. Anger at Harris, for killing one of the best men she ever met. And finally, anger at herself, for being a worthless and timid little girl! And the knife stopped cutting, as the man's eyes widened. She held his arm firmly gripped, refusing to let the knive cut any deeper. But she knew, if she would try to fight back, he would have the opportunity to cut again... gods the pain... why wouldn't it stop burning?

[Try to claw him in the eyes] [Try to punch him in the face] [Try to push the knife away to stop him from cutting]

• [Don't hold back - Break his nose]

[Try to claw him in the eyes]

This is how Bigby would be things.

Garthon He sighed. No, he did not want to die wet, hungry and tired. And he knew, neither did George, even if his companion didn't knew i

• edited March 2015

[Don't hold back - Break his nose]

What can say? It's fun to be an asshole at times. Besides, I feel like it will better to not hold back, just in case the people don't...I don't know, think he didn't hit him hard enough?

[Try to push the knife away to stop him from cutting]

Shit, shit, shit, shit! I don't know what to do, all I think is punching him won't help much, but other then that I'm at a loss. But what if punching him is the way to go? Shit! D:

Okay...I'm going with pushing the knife away. Maybe with the pint up rage she'll be able to push it away just far enough where she could try to run. Or if we're super lucky and whatnot, the blade will stab and kill Wolfius! :O

Garthon He sighed. No, he did not want to die wet, hungry and tired. And he knew, neither did George, even if his companion didn't knew i

• [Don't hold back - Break his nose] PUNCH THAT GUY

[Try to punch him in the face] Oh Jenna. If we try to stop Wolfius from cutting , she will probably bleed harder. Claw will just get Wolfius mad.

• Don't hold back - Break his nose and Try to claw him in the eyes.

• [Simulate a fight - Punch him softly]

[Try to push the knife away to stop him from cutting]

[Try to claw him in the eyes] Not Jenna!

[Try to claw him in the eyes]- This could possibly lead to Wolfius becoming one-eyed :D

• [Don't hold back - break his nose]

[Try to clam him in the eyes]

• edited March 2015

[Simulate a fight - Punch him softly] Lets have us some action!

[Try to claw him in the eyes] This will cause to blind him a little, and Keresa is walking so Jenna can run and call for help.

• [dont hold back - break his nose]
    [try to claw him in the eyes]

This should be fun

• (Punch him softly)
    (Try to claw him in the eyes)

• [Simulate a fight - Punch him softly]

• [break his nose]

[try to claw him in the eyes]

• I imagine Wolfius to sound like the masked character in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ3eFMUOe3k

• [Don't hold back - break his nose]

• [Don't hold back - Break his nose] We could possibly try to recruit these guys to our cause, or at east to Tully's cause. George will finally prove useful. Also he may get lucky -winks loudly-

[Try to claw him in the eyes] I don't think punching will be too effective and he will surely push the knife back. Hype for Nora though. I love how bad she is at jokes XD.

• edited March 2015

The Voting is closed!

Garthon won't hold back in his fight with Velmont and he'll specifically try to break his nose

Jenna will try to claw Wolfius in the eyes

The new part is halfway written and I am certain that I'll manage to put it up today. On another note, we are nearing the end of the chapter very quickly and I am pretty sure I'll manage to finish it this month. So far, this chapter is longer than the first two chapters combined and even though I tried to give every character a role in this chapter, I apologize for the fact that I failed to include some of the characters the way I wanted. But there's always another chapter, right?

Today I don't have a shout-out, instead I have something that I'm sure you're going to like. On page 12, roughly two months ago, I gave you a short and very vague overview when you can expect your characters in the story. Since that, some plans have changed and the amount of characters... slightly increased. That's why I intend to give you an updated overview right now:

Most likely introduced in Book 1: Drent Golton, Ser Roger "the Arrow" Hill, Normund Tavorch, Emphryus Dresfel, Edward Anturion, Erias Velaryon, Roman, Briar Catelins, Maron Mullendore, Jaro, I'lian, Ser Edrick, Carvin Granver, Saint Strad, Alys Boleyn, Alisa Karstark, Jax Montclair, Ser Kasyn Luck, Lee York, Ser Rodrik Stone, Raenna Minsworth, Aditha Nathamer, Hal Recton, Septon Wult, Jarek, The Eunuch, Sasha, Keat 'the Trickster', Dan Ornon, Blane Banefort, Marco Dunn, Joran Norrdidge, Lord Petyr Blackwood, Gyles Gomblinger, Sanyse Gomblinger, Danielle York, Nilanne, Ando Pyre, Ryder Harrington, Lord Lionel Frostborn, Lady Elizabeth Frostborn, Alphyn Frostborn, Aigis Frostborn, Conor Frostborn, Lucien Frostborn, Jeffrey Snow, Robb, Aenar of Izulepsia, Hjalgar Holgarson, Adrew Frey, Lord Hobert of Mander's Mouth, William Gering, Damon Greyjoy, Alice Stone, Flynn Herschrof, Roach

Most likely introduced in Book 2 or 3: Every character that is not in the list above or the list below. Seriously, there are far more to be introduced in the later books and I'm too lazy to write them all down now. The list above isn't missing any character who is planned to appear in Book 1, though plans could change and some characters could be introduced earlier than I thought.

Characters whose actual point of introduction I'm still unsure about (could appear in Book 1 or 2): Reymond Mormont, Dagar 'The Red Skull' Manwoody, Thomas Karland, Rhogarn Snow, Dimitri the Wise, Nymeros, Darrok Yronwood, Ser Jar-Jar of Binks, Alynne Hollard, Leonard Storm, Christian Thomas, Tytos Flowers, Vaska

And as an added bonus, here are some characters that got submitted since the last time I've made that list that will become PoV characters. These are only characters who are planned to be PoV's so far, some characters who aren't mentioned here could become PoV's regardless. For example, one character who is already introduced will become a PoV-character starting with the next chapter, but she wasn't planned as one until mid-chapter 3. I'm also still thinking about a few more characters, introduced and not introduced, who I could easily see having storylines of their own with them as a PoV, so the following list is very incomplete

Anyway, here are some more future PoV's for you: Ser Lachlan Keding, Keat 'the Trickster', Dan Ornon, Lucien Forstborn, Peter Bulwer

• edited March 2015

Lucas

“We should bring him to the king”, Lucas decided. He had thought about this. Harris wasn't a real option, at least not for him. The man tried to hide Lord Raylan's last will and Lucas could only guess how far he would go to ensure Dairon's silence. Of course, Harris was a knight and Lucas was usually inclined to trust fellow knights. But he wouldn't take any chances with Dairon. Lord Hightower was similarly dangerous, not for Dairon, but for Raylansfair. No, the king would be their best option.

Leonard seemed to have a different opinion on this. “The king?”, he said with disdain. “Flowers, that's a stupid idea and you know it. We won't come close to meet him. I have family at court, yes, but it will take them a long time until they manage to give us an appointment with the king. They aren't exactly members of his council” He shook his head. “And even if we manage to tell the king our story, what would stop him from telling Lord Hightower about all of this?”

“Nothing”, Lucas answered. “But it's not our call to make. The king has to decide here. And if he decides to favour Hightower, it shall be” Leonard gave him a grimace. “Seven Hells, you should hear your words”, he answered. “Loyalty to the king is a good thing, but we don't bring any harm to the king if we don't tell him about Dairon and the will, right? Harris might not be the ideal lord, but he is just, he cares for Raylansfair and he is better than Lord Hightower. We knights won't notice it, but the smallfolk will have problems if Hightower becomes our lord”

Lucas narrowed his eyes. “That's why I don't go to Hightower, Leonard. The king has to decide and sooner or later, the king will decide. Do you stand against me in this matter?”, he asked. During their travels, he started to like the other knight. He and Leonard had their differences, sure, but he also saw the man's finer qualities. Still, friend or not, honour would always come first for Lucas. And his honour commanded him to let his king decide. “I don't stand against you, Flowers”, Leonard answered, much to Lucas relief. “I don't like it and should the smallfolk suffer because of your decision, I will hold it against you. But I don't stand against you”

Lucas gave him a short smile. “I'm glad to hear that. We have to work together in this city, if we want to have a chance of finding Dairon”, he said. “So, have you ever been to the Citadel?”

Leonard gave him a light nod. “Once, during my second visit to Oldtown. I was making a short errand for Maester Eaton. And, I can tell you, it wasn't a pleasant experience. The Citadel's historical faculty is a horrible place for someone from Raylansfair” As he noticed Lucas' expression he started to chuckle. “The Maesters there hate us, mainly because we are the ones who actually write history. Archmaester Quent is probably the worst of the bunch. Quent the Historian they call him. Never met him, but as far as I know he's almost history himself, probably around eighty years old. And he has a grudge against Raylansfair”

“Has he ever done anything that would harm you during your visit to the Citadel?”, Lucas asked. Leonard started to smile. “Like what? You've listened to me, have you? The man is over eighty years old. What can he do to harm me?”, he answered. Lucas shrugged. “I don't know. Interfering in your business, or stuff like that. I just want to be prepared for everything”

“Well, he probably ensured that the historians at the Citadel, maybe even all of the Maesters and acolytes in that building were less than helpful to me. But he never tried to attack me, if that's what you mean”, Leonard explained, before letting out a sigh. “Still, the man is not our friend. For all I know, he and Eaton could have some sort of dispute. Maybe the late Maester used to be a bully during his time as an acolyte”

Lucas raised an eyebrow. “Eaton? He was the kindest man I've ever met”, he said and Leonard shrugged. “Yes, but a grudge like that doesn't come without a reason, trust me. I mean, I can understand that Quent is not a friend of Raylansfair, considering that we basically make a mockery out of his position and that we had done so for the past two thousand years or longer. But the sheer hostility I experienced in these rooms... there is something more behind it, something personal. And whatever it is, let us hope we don't have to cross Quent's path”, he explained, taking a sip from his beer. “That man is not our friend and probably never will be. He can't harm us physically, but he can be more than a nuisance”

Leonard was right, of course he was. The historians of the Citadel had a long rivalry with the archivists of Raylansfair. They generally sent their worst maesters to Raylansfair, in case the castle needed one. Maester Eaton had been no difference. Known as a troublemaker, not overly smart, with a reputation to rather chase after girls than studying. Yet, he had proven himself to be the best Maester Raylansfair had in centuries. Every Archmaester of the Citadel's historic faculty continued the hostility between Raylansfair and Oldtown. Still, there was something on Lucas mind, something that made no sense. “But, Eaton was a wise man. He did what was best for the city, right?”, Lucas said and Leonard gave him a curious look. “What are you implying?”, he answered.

“If Archmaester Quent really has some personal grudge against Eaton, against Raylansfair, why would Dairon specifically seek him out? It makes no sense!”, Lucas explained. Leonard was silent for a moment. “I'm afraid we'll find out soon enough. If things get the worst, we have to meet the Historian. And then you can ask him personally. Just, don't expect some polite answer from him”, he finally answered.

Lucas looked out of the stained window, out into the night. Had he really made the right choice? He had never met the king, but his brother did. Petyr wasn't too thrilled about him, which was probably a good thing. Lucas tended to like people Petyr disliked. Of course, Leonard was right when he said that it would be tough getting an audience with the king. But Mern Gardener was known as a just man and a good king. And it was his duty to decide, his honour, not Lucas', not Leonards, not Harris'. And maybe he was the only man who was able to find the truth in this web of lies.

“So... tomorrow's a big day, huh?”, Leonard said, looking up from his beer. “What do you want to say?”, Lucas answered. “Well, we have to plan our steps here. Just going in, grabbing Dairon and riding to Highgarden won't work. We need a plan” Lucas gave him a nod. “Agreed”, he answered. “Do you have any suggestions?”

Leonard looked towards the door that lead to the rooms in the second floor. “I think we both agree that Lunett can't come with us”, he said. “Regardless of the fact that she fucked us over...” His voice got sharper and Lucas gave him a stern look. “I mean...”, Leonard continued, his voice slightly softer again. “Regardless of that, it's too dangerous. She's safer in here. I still plan on bringing her back to that blasted inn once we're done here”, he continued.

Lucas gave him a nod. “I agree. She wants to see the Citadel, but maybe she gets some other chance”, he said and Leonard chuckled. “I doubt she ever wants to see Oldtown again. You saw that look on her face while we went through that city. Not only sadness over what she did, but also disappointment. The look many have when seeing the biggest shithole of Reach for their first time”

Leonard's words slightly surprised Lucas. “I thought you were ignoring her”, he answered and Leonard slightly chuckled. “Guess I'm not half as good at ignoring someone than I thought”, he answered and took a deep gulp from his ale. “Luckily her father's inn lies on the road to Highgarden. I'd hate to take a detour for her”

Lucas took another gulp from his ale, finishing it before clearing his throat. “So... anything else?”, he asked and let out a yawn. It had been a long day and from what it looked like, tomorrow wouldn't be any better. Right now, he was longing for a warm bed.

Leonard finished his ale and gave him a grin. “Tired, eh? Well then, you go to sleep, I'll stay here for a while longer. Can't hurt to learn a bit about the current situation in Oldtown from one of the locals”, he said and Lucas nodded thankfully before standing up and starting to walk to his chambers.

He awoke to the sound of someone banging at his door. “Get up, Flowers, you've slept long enough!” Now, that was Leonard's voice for sure. Lucas quickly started to put on his clothes, before opening the door. The other knight was already in his armour and to Lucas' surprise, he also carried his longsword with him. “You're expecting trouble?”, Lucas asked.

Leonard gave him an annoyed snort. “I'm expecting that you'll have trouble if you don't hurry. It's almost noon, for fuck's sake”, he hissed. “And don't forget your sword. It can never help to demonstrate strength when dealing with these Maesters. And be prepared for the worst...” With these words he turned around and started to walk down the hallway. “Fucking hurry, Flowers. I'll meet you downstairs”

He disliked that idea. The Citadel would already dislike them enough. But Leonard was right. They had to be prepared for the worst. As fast as he could, he started putting on his mail shirt and the tabard depicting the sigil of House Raylan on top. Lastly, he grabbed his sword. With a very uneasy feeling, Lucas stepped out of the room and walked down the stairs.

To his surprise, Lunett was sitting on a chair next to Leonard and apparently in a very good mood. The knight just laughed at something she said, but looked up as Lucas approached. “There you are, Flowers!”, Leonard exclaimed. “Kept me waiting, but at least you've been smart enough to wear some sort of protection”

Lucas gave him and Lunett a curious look, to which the girl responded with a bright smile. “I just wanted to wish you the best of luck today”, she said. “Me and Leonard came to an understanding” As she said that Leonard shook his head. “Understanding would be a bit too much here, girl. But there is no point in staying mad at you forever”, he answered and Lunett smiled at him. “Good enough for me”, she said.

“So, Flowers... ready to pry an acolyte on the run out of an evil old Archmaesters claws?”, Leonard asked. Lucas gave him a short glare. “Stay serious, Len”, he answered and Leonard shrugged. “Hey, the whole situation is bad enough already. Let me have my fun now, because I certainly won't have any when dealing with Quent” But he did him the favour and stood up, ready to leave, his face stern and determined. “No matter what happens today, I'll have your back, Flowers. I might not like the direction you're taking with Dairon, but I will have your back”, he promised. Lucas let out a relieved sigh. Leonard had proven to be a valuable ally and without him, things would be harder for sure.

“And Lunett...”, Lucas started to say, when the girl gave him a surprising hug. “Despite what you might think of me, I thank you for bringing me here”, she said and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. “That's for good luck”, she giggled as Lucas gave her a surprised look. This took Lucas slightly off guard and before he could say anything, Leonard started to speak. “What? He gets one and I don't? Yeah, yeah, I get it, I don't need any good luck, right?”, he said with a big grin.

“I figured you have enough luck already, Ser Leonard”, Lunett said, but nonetheless she bent forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek too. Leonard's grin got even wider. “Hey, Flowers, I changed my mind. Taking her with us was a good idea”, he said, before giving a surprised Lunett a light hug. “Don't do anything stupid, like going out there on your own, okay” The girl nodded in agreement, before giving Lucas a smile and taking a bow. “Good luck, sers”, she said before walking off. Lucas looked after her for a moment, until Leonard gave him a playful smack on the back of the head. “You can stop grinning like a complete moron now, Flowers”, he hissed.

They walked outside and Lucas took a deep breath. Leonard was still grinning at him as they walked down the alleyway. Naturally, the other knight took the lead, but Lucas would have been able to find the Citadel on his own. The building was a complex of towers and great halls, each of them in the size of smaller castles, connected by huge bridges. On top of these bridges, whole streets where located, containing houses for the acolytes. The Citadel alone was larger than a small city and probably richer than quite a few Reachlords. And even though the Hightower was the dominating building in Oldtown, the Citadel couldn't be missed.

“Like I said, you can stop grinning now. What are you, a boy who just got it's first kiss?, Leonard said with a sly smile. Lucas gave him a short glare. “I'm not grinning!”, he insisted. Leonard started to laugh and shook his head. “You can't see it, but you're blushing”, he said and Lucas gave him a startled look. He wasn't blushing, was he? Sure, Lunett was a sweet girl. She was pretty, with her soft brown hair and her deep blue eyes. During the past week, he started to like her, yes, she even managed to make him laugh, but... well, maybe he was smiling, but blushing?

“What's it to you, Lenny?”, he said with a sore voice. Leonard's laughter got even brighter. “No need to get all defensive, Flowers”, he said with a wide grin. “You're not the first knight who fancies a pretty smallfolk girl. And technically you're not that high above her. Go for it!” Lucas narrowed his eyes. “I'm not fancying her!”, he said, perhaps a little bit too fast. Leonard's smile vanished, replaced by a smirk. “You know I don't appreciate it if people lie to me”, he chuckled. Lucas did not answer, instead he looked up at the Citadel complex. He wasn't blushing, right? Seven Hells, he wasn't blushing!

The front gates of the Citadel were always open during the day, flanked by two giant statues depicting eastern sphinxes with the bodies of lions, the wings of eagles and the tails of serpents. A lot of people had business there. Merchants who were buying or selling their goods. Beggars. A multitude of supplicants. And to Lucas chagrin, he immediately saw a few men of dubious looks, likely smugglers, providing the Citadel's main source of income.

Behind these gates, Lucas stepped onto one of the largest courtyards he had ever been. The area was crowded, full of acolytes, young men who proudly presented the links of their maester's chain they have already completed. Leonard didn't stop, instead he quickly lead Lucas to a large tower, one of the largest in the whole complex, a large tower with a copper spire. Lucas remembered what the old Maester in Darkdell had told him once. Each link in a maester's chain was forged out of a different metal and depicted one of the Citadel's faculties. The black iron chain link was common with almost every maester, standing for ravenry. There was a silver link for healing, a bronze link for astronomy and, albeit few Maesters actually tried to study this dead art, the Valyrian steel link, standing for a theoretical understanding of magic. And then there was copper. History.

No acolyte tried to stop them, but quite a few of them gave Lucas and Leonard a surprised, maybe even alarmed look. It was likely the first time they had actually seen knights of House Raylan. But the looks some of the older maesters gave them sent shivers down Lucas spine. No, they weren't wanted here. Still, nobody was foolish enough to stop them now.

Leonard lead him into the tower and Lucas was surprised to see that it was huge from the inside. Sure, it had been just as huge from the outside, but it appeared more like a castle than, well, a tower full of historical books. Every acolyte and maester inside of this tower wore a copper chainlink and everyone gave them a hostile glare when noticing their tabards. “So... where do we go now?”, Lucas asked. “You know where Quent's chambers are?”

Leonard shook his head. “I have no idea...”, he mumbled. “But we will find out” With these words, Leonard started to walk through the entrance hall of the tower, nearing a staircase. From his left side, Lucas saw a muscular acolyte approaching. “Leonard...”, he hissed and the other knight stopped walking, instead looking at the acolyte. “Greetings...”, Leonard started to say, but he was cut off by the acolyte.

“Greetings my ass, Raylan knight”, he growled. “Say what you want and leave” He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes, while Leonard put up his most charming smile. “Well, I'm afraid that's not possible”, he answered. “You see, we need to talk to Archmaester Quent”

The acolyte shook his head. “No fucking way. The Historian does not want to talk to you”, he answered, his look pure hostility. Instead of getting provoked, Leonard simply smiled a little bit more forced. Lucas saw the knight putting a hand on his purse. “Oh, I am sure he wants to talk to us. And these...”, he started to pull out a few golden coins. “The hands want to talk to you”

The acolytes face changed in an instant. The frown vanished, replaced by a big grin. “I am sorry, sers. For that sum, the Archmaester is expecting you. Go up the stairs, all the way to the top. But I have to warn you, he has a secretary. One of the unbribable kind”, he said with a sly tone in his voice. In an instant, his behaviour changed, from hostile to openly generous. Leonard gave him a friendly nod. “Thanks for the help, good man”, he said, before walking towards the stairs.

The walk upstairs was probably one of the hardest in Lucas life. Sure, he had walked long stairs before, but never before a stair like this. It was long, narrow and surprisingly dark. Several times, Lucas asked himself how an old man like Quent was even able to walk these stairs down. Perhaps he wasn't able. Perhaps he hasn't left his tower for years.

After a few minutes of silent walking, Lucas and Leonard arrived in a small chamber, containing little more than a desk and a second door, a door consisting entirely of copper. An old balding man, maybe in his sixties, was sitting at the desk and gave them a sharp look. “The Historian does not want to be distrubed”, he hissed, giving them a cold glare as he noticed the tabards. Leonard stepped forwards, immediately pulling out a large number of coins. “I am sure he wants to talk to us”, he said and the old man shook his head again. “And I am not interested in your money, Raylan knight”, he growled. “Leave now, or wait until the Archmaester has time for you... which could take a few hours. Or days. Maybe even months”

Lucas gave Leonard a glare, that turned into a shocked gaze as he saw something hanging next to the old man. A coat, a simple brown coat. Of course, these coats weren't anything special... but Dairon had always worn a coat like this. He was here! Leonard saw the same thing and his eyes narrowed as he stepped towards the old man. “Listen!”, he growled. “The boy who owns this coat, where is he?” To Lucas horror, the knight put a hand on his sword and the secretary got pale. “I...”, he stuttered, before pointing at the door. “But you can't go in there! The Archmaester is talking to him, he does not want to be disturbed”

Leonard shook his head. “I don't fucking care. I have waited long enough!”, he said but looked at Lucas. “Are you coming? I don't think we can make a good first impression on Quent, so manners don't matter anymore. And I am sick and tired of these historians and their bullshit. They won't hide Dairon from us!”

[Insist on waiting politely] [Storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers]

• Cool!

The Voting is closed! Garthon won't hold back in his fight with Velmont and he'll specifically try to break his nose Jenna will try to

• [Storm inside of Archmaester Quent's chambers] Why not?

Awesome Chapter!!!

Lucas “We should bring him to the king”, Lucas decided. He had thought about this. Harris wasn't a real option, at least not for him. The

• [Storm inside of Archmaester Quent's chambers]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.