Most of you are bad friends!

Man looking at the stats and what people here are saying I feel like I am the only one who saved Beskha. She is your best friend and she was fighting a bloody Dragon! For shame to all of you!

Comments

• Agreed. She was with you whole time, and your uncle came only when he was interested in what YOU have to give HIM and family. I get it, and I do care about family, but fuck it, helping my babe first.

Saved her too :3

• She is your best friend and she was fighting a bloody Dragon! For shame to all of you!

Malcolm is family though, and the most important person with Asher that can help him get what he needs to help save house Forrester. I don't think Beskha really had any necessary reason for me to save her other than she was Asher's friend.

• And she was 1 on 1 with a dragon ffs, people! A DRAGON!

• ikr? The Forresters have treated Asher like shit, then turn up demanding he drop everything and come save them. Beshka's been his homie this whole time, and was stuck with freaking Drogon! Malcom can handle his own business, his only job was to tell me to get an army and come home anyway. All Beshka, all day.

• I looked at it this way I can't kill a dragon and I did not want to die so Malcolm got some help.

• Malcolm is family though

If you were someones best friend and companion for four years, then an uncle you dont seem to have been particularly close with came up and was with you for less than a day, would you really save the uncle?

Blood doesn't really mean anything outside of inheritance ties. Family are the people you're closest with. That's very much Beskha.

Green613 posted: »

She is your best friend and she was fighting a bloody Dragon! For shame to all of you! Malcolm is family though, and the most import

• Oh man just watched a video on youtube if you chose to help Malcom and then tell Beskha it is since he is family.... Hart braking you are all monsters!

The video if you are a decent person like me.

• What kind of person belittles the abilities of someone they've fought beside for four years?

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Yeah. That was pretty much my reasoning too.

I looked at it this way I can't kill a dragon and I did not want to die so Malcolm got some help.

• Asher does state that "My Uncle Malcolm practically raised me" as his father was not there much. That said, when Beskha said that "4 Years" line with "Family"....I felt guilty as hell.

• She is your best friend and she was fighting a bloody Dragon!

Yes she was fighting a dragon. A FUCKING DRAGON!

• Other than that though, as I said he's the only person who is able to help Asher get what he needs in order to help house Forrester.

Flog61 posted: »

Malcolm is family though If you were someones best friend and companion for four years, then an uncle you dont seem to have been par

• How though? Beskha is far more suited to helping you find and hire sellswords. Now that Asher knows what is going on and what he needs to do Malcom has done his job and is now just an extra sword.

Other than that though, as I said he's the only person who is able to help Asher get what he needs in order to help house Forrester.

• Beskha is far more suited to helping you find and hire sellswords.

I don't see how she or Malcolm would either be more capable in helping Asher get more sellswords. Beskha also isn't very useful now in my playthrough with a burnt arm.

unseenclass posted: »

How though? Beskha is far more suited to helping you find and hire sellswords. Now that Asher knows what is going on and what he needs to do Malcom has done his job and is now just an extra sword.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I did help her, due to the fact that she was fighting a dragon as well it seemed like Malcom could take on those two guys (as I did suspect it was some kind of bait and switch) of course I couldn't be sure, but I told myself, dragon over the Lost Legion.

• As soon as it gave me the choice I clicked on Beskha as fast as I could. Sorry Malcolm but she was fighting a fucking dragon while you were just fighting some lame guards.

• For me Malcolm only seen as a plot device anyway,and he was old,would rather have the closest friend on my side than a distant family.

• I didn't help her. Don't charge dragons. It's a bad idea. So I helped Malcolm, because of that and a few other reasons. It was unlikely I would be very useful against a dragon, and Malcolm was already injured. No need to leave Malcolm alone and surrounded by men after us in the first place. And Beshka may be a buddy but she's proven a liability, not rationing water and not interested in helping the family. Malcolm thinks and wants to help the family. Plus I like Drogon :P - probably more than I like Beshka.

So yeah, I guess I am a bad friend :)

• I helped Beshka. She´s been with him for a while and had his back. Blood isn´t all that matters; family is who you want it to be.

I still felt sorry for Malcolm but...not even a hard decision for me.

• edited March 2015

I felt bad, but I don't regret saving Malcolm. I believe in putting family first always. Probably because I've had bad friends and realized that unconditional love is pretty rare among friends (when bad things happen they can easily forget you, that's the sad truth), but more common among family. Maybe that's because friends are chosen, but family is for life, we're stuck with each other. :-) Also, I had more faith in Beskha's ability to properly defend herself than Malcolm's. The whole line about Malcolm raising Asher was also a big part of my decision. A four year friendship (which isn't very long) or a family member who's cared about you since birth? Family first. If someone can't be counted on to defend their own blood when they need them most, then they just don't understand the importance of family. I don't blame Beskha for not wanting to come back to Westeros now though. I respect her decision and I feel bad that I couldn't help them both.

Asher does state that "My Uncle Malcolm practically raised me" as his father was not there much. That said, when Beskha said that "4 Years" line with "Family"....I felt guilty as hell.

• I could just as easily say "shame on you" for putting your sellsword drinking buddy of only 4 years (which is not long at all) over the man who practically raised you, your own blood. That guilt trip works both ways. ;-)

• Talk about a bad family member lol. Save a family member that raised me or a homie I've known a few years? Not a tough decision at all.

• I did save her too.

• I regret saving Beskha, her ''fuck your queen'', so ungrateful,

• They were close though. Asher flat out says that Malcolm practically raised him. Family is not chosen, unless it's your spouse. Most people are more loyal to their real family than their friends. You can't count on friends to love you unconditionally. That's a very rare thing. Most friends will put their blood before you when it comes down to it. Family is for life. You're stuck with them for better or worse. They raise you and love you unconditionally. It's FAR more than inheritance. I've seen many loved ones learn the lesson of fair weather friendship than I care to admit, including myself. Beskha is a sellsword and they have only been friends for 4 years. I had friends for four years in high school and college and we never speak anymore, but my family and I, despite our ups and downs are still close and perpetually bound by blood. Many other people could share the same experience. Maybe that's why some of us chose the man who was like a father since birth over the drinking buddy of four years. Just my opinion.

Malcolm is family though If you were someones best friend and companion for four years, then an uncle you dont seem to have been par

• So Ryon, Talia, and Ethan treated him like shit? I'd do anything for my little brother and sister, even leave a friend behind if I had to. I'm surprised by these comments. Do you people not have siblings?

RykaStar posted: »

ikr? The Forresters have treated Asher like shit, then turn up demanding he drop everything and come save them. Beshka's been his homie this

• I chose Beshka because she was up against a DRaGON. I know Malcolm was up against two men, but I thought he could handle them (since they took them out so easily before).

• Yeah, and Malcolm is smart, with all the wikipedia cave knowledge and stuff. As far as I know, Beskha can't do anything I can't

She is your best friend and she was fighting a bloody Dragon! For shame to all of you! Malcolm is family though, and the most import

• Not like I can do much against a dragon. As far as I know I might just be eaten as well. Also she hadn't been hurt yet, while Malcolm had, and I knew for sure I could save him. And Beskha doesn't give a f*ck about my family, Malcolm does

And she was 1 on 1 with a dragon ffs, people! A DRAGON!

• edited March 2015

Depending on their country of birth, most likely not (I've known of people who walked for weeks in Japan without seeing a single baby)

So Ryon, Talia, and Ethan treated him like shit? I'd do anything for my little brother and sister, even leave a friend behind if I had to. I'm surprised by these comments. Do you people not have siblings?

• Asher told Beskha that he wasn't close to his father but Malcolm was like a father to him. From that I would say Asher and Malcolm were very close before he left to Essos.

• Malcolm is family, and Asher has to save his family tree at this point. Beskha can take care of herself, she wasnt just stabbed by a blade and she certainly didnt have to take a dragon head on, my Asher avoided a direct fight smartly. Later on Asher apologized to her and explained he figured she could handle herself unlike his uncle, which was true. Didn't seem to be any hard feelings, he still vouched for her and helped her out in the end

• Blood is blood, regardless.

• Malcolm is much more imported and necessary to the success of the Forrester.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I saved Malcolm because he is family and knows more about whats going on in our house, i am playing most of my character with the mindset "blood is thicker than water" so to me i felt i needed to choose family over friends at that moment.

I felt really guilty when Beshka asked me why i chose him and i told her he was my family, she seemed really sad :(

• Oh, yeah, I'm such a terrible friend, aren't I? I mean, I'm sure it did not matter in the slightest that the man who practically fathered me is injured and up against two men whilst Beshka, like you acknowledged, is off dancing with the bloody dragon. A dragon, you see, that I actually like.

To me, family always comes first.

• edited March 2015

I helped Malcolm.

Reason is, I was sure Beskha would be able to handle herself, plenty of safe places around, all she had to do was hide behind a pillar or dive behind a rock (and she did just that). Malcolm on the other hand had his leg injured and was surrounded.

Nothing complicated here in my opinion. And when Beskha asked I told her exactly that, she's tough and I trusted her to take care of herself.

I like them both, Malcolm a bit more due to the special link he seems to have with Asher, being like a father and all that. But I like Beskha a lot as well, hoping we'll be able to keep them both alive. It's getting tiring to always have to chose between 2 guys you like... there are other important choices tellTale, don't always do the same thing please.

• I didnt help her because she decided to try and fight a fucking dragon. What was she doing? Let the mercs fight the lizard and get out

• Same thoughts here! I was happy for the "you're tough and Malcolm isn't" explanation to her question.

Byakuren posted: »

I helped Malcolm. Reason is, I was sure Beskha would be able to handle herself, plenty of safe places around, all she had to do was hide

• That's exactly why I saved her but Malcom was still pissed at me haha

dojo32161 posted: »

I did help her, due to the fact that she was fighting a dragon as well it seemed like Malcom could take on those two guys (as I did suspect

Sign in to comment in this discussion.