Soooo...who stayed down?

Comments

• I'm the same, I never rewind chapters, ever, I just have multiple playthroughs. But I was desperate to see all of Rodriks replies :-)

Byakuren posted: »

I only allow myself to rewind once I complete the game in it's entirety, so I'll have a look at all that in the end. The "I, alone, rule this house !" was epic as hell though, gonna be hard to beat

• I stayed down after trying to get up the first time.. I play my Rodrik as wise..

• The way I was thinking was I won't antagonise him but I won't bow down to him at the end it was so awesome Rodrik said "are we done?" I loved this scene so much I was considering staying down I was like "maybe I should... NO! I kneeled to Ramsay I kissed Whitehills ring I am done appeassing my enemies"

• I stood up till the end. But before this, i never had any violent reaction againt Gryff and his soldiers. I know that if I start violence things will go south for me, but I'm not letting this little shit rule in my own house.
    I stood up, and amusingly watched Gryff getting more and more frustrated. Then at the end, i simply asked "are you done?", and watched him walk away.

It might not seem it, but i think i did the right thing. I humiliated Gryff without giving him an excuse to open up hostilities, and i feel that the Withehill soldiers with him are starting to respect me. I confide that the bearded second-in-command we saw with Gryff and his soldiers will prefer a strong willed leader instead of this whiny bitch of Gryff. Hopefully, when Asher comes back with an Army, they'll pass on my side when they realise the Whitehills aren't sure to win anymore.

• edited March 2015

I stayed down.. because I don't want any more shit flying around. I hope I can stab him in the back one day.. or throat ;)

But man.. staying down felt so bad.

• I liked the are we done? option. I played that scene half a dozen times to see each reaction, I love the I'm not afraid of you choice. But ultimately I left off with my first choice, "I, alone, rule this house."
    Freaking epic! :-)
    Telling Royalnd that you're fine, rather than siccing him on Gryffs men was pretty awesome too :-)

AgentZ46 posted: »

The way I was thinking was I won't antagonise him but I won't bow down to him at the end it was so awesome Rodrik said "are we done?" I love

• I saw the whole "obedience versus defiance" as an unwinnable situation as no matter what the Whitehills has it in for the Forresters and if there had been no excuse, they'd have made one so I decided to just be defiant.

• I kept on getting up right until Gryff waved his sword around. Then I pussied out :P

• edited March 2015

Gee, would you look at my username! Wonder what I did.

• I let the timer run out the first time, because I didn't know what to do since I didn't want him to hurt Talia, and I didn't want to let him have his way either... but the second time as soon as he threatened Talia, yeah... I stayed down for her sake. I felt kinda bad afterwards though... but I'll stick by my decision since it seems like the smarter thing to do.

• I got up once and then stayed down after he threatened Talia. He's on my "brutally murder" list right along with his father, though.

• I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

• I kept getting up everytime although at one point I was scared he would kill Talia but something told me he wasn't going to do it.I'm tired of being humiliated every episode. I didn't kiss the ring in the previous one so I figured I was going to keep defending my house and my dignity.

• That's what I did, I was so pissed and planned to keep on getting up with that "You hit like a girl" look on my face. Then when he said someone was going to die I remembered what Gryff's sister said and I figured "Stay down, no one will die, he will think he's in control, and I'll kill him later."

OzzyUK posted: »

I got up on the first prompt but stayed down on the second one, i was worried if i kept getting up Gryff might hurt or kill one of my family members as punishment.

• I stayed down like a big pussy but I am nurturing my hate for the right moment. Hopefully Rodrick does not die next episode so I will not have humiliated myself for nothing.

• House Bolton and House Whitehill have both made it clear they kill or abandon anyone, even those who are perfectly loyal to them. I gave my word to Gwyn I would not start any violence, but neither will I let that little boy bully Ironrath into submission. Our house may be beaten and bloodied, but it will NEVER be broken!

• got up at first time, then stayed down. and I must say, this whole scene was very impressive, especially if you call Royland for help, this loyal oldman really was ready to give his life fighting for me. but as soon, as whitehill soldiers got him disarmed, and 4thborn lil shit threatened Talia, I decided to give up, to fight another day.

• That sounds the wisest choice, but I'm pretty hot tempered. I punched his soldier, amend would've beat him to death had the option been there, so obviously I hit Gryff...

Endrik posted: »

I stood up till the end. But before this, i never had any violent reaction againt Gryff and his soldiers. I know that if I start violence th

• I've always liked Royland, I loved him after that scene. If you say "I'm fine!" to Royland, you get the awesome line from Royland to Gryff " Even broken, he's twice the man you are."
    If they make him the traitor, I'm gonna be pissed!

Istibul posted: »

got up at first time, then stayed down. and I must say, this whole scene was very impressive, especially if you call Royland for help, this

• I kept getting up. It reminded me of a similar scene from the Last Samurai, one of my favorite movies and scenes in general. However, despite choosing the last get up option, when Gryff draws his sword, I somehow managed to fail the Q prompt, so he kicked me down and the game interpreted my choice as staying down, so I went with it. But later I loaded the game and actually got up. It was sooooo satisfying to see Gryff completely lose his shit and yet do nothing. I'm not yet sure which one I'll go with as my canon choice. On the one hand, staying down is smarter and a small shame, seeing how Gryff was enough of a pussy to draw his sword on an unarmed cripple. On the other hand, getting up and making Gryff shove his supposed bravado up his arse is so satisfying, it might actually be worth the consequences... I'm torn.

• I wanted to stay down because I promised Gwyn I would appease him and I really wanted to keep my word but, damn I just couldn't, fuck everything I'm not a fucking and I'm not going to let you push me around, even if I'm a cripple I'm getting up and I'm showing you that I'm far stronger that you could ever hope to be you spineless piece of shit, or at least that's what was going on in my head when it happened, I regret nothing, I don't care if everyone dies that scene was so badass it was worth it.

• Got up the first time, but stayed down when he started to threaten Talia.

• I stayed down. It was obviously a no-win situation and I'd rather try to protect my family and let him think he had won for the time being. Gryff will get his in time.

• edited March 2015

I'm convinced that getting up will actually work out better for the House in the long run. It exposes Gryff's weakness to his own soldiers, as well as being inspiring towards the remaining Forrester loyalists. I really wish there was some way to work with Gryff while making it clear to him that he can't just kick Rodrik around, but there's no other option, so open defiance it is.

• I really wanted to stay up. But thinking of Talia getting harmed?

In a GoT-way of thinking, it's pretty good if you let your enemy into thinking they've won.. his time will come.

• Would you rather your sister die as you stand than live on your knees?

I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

• I think of it like this:
    If i stand up to gryff without recurring to violence, the whitehills will have to start hostilities. When shit goes down, i'll have the moral high ground when it comes to gut them open. And moral high ground is useful to make observers support you and look in disdain at your enemies.
    So i go full Ghandi on them and hope it pays back

ALIENANGIE posted: »

That sounds the wisest choice, but I'm pretty hot tempered. I punched his soldier, amend would've beat him to death had the option been there, so obviously I hit Gryff...

• Don't stand down, people! Gryff is a spineless coward like his father. They talk and talk, but if you don't start waving swords around, they won't do anything beside empty threats. Keep your cool and show them who's boss

• I kept standing up every time I could and I don't regret it at all. I think it was the most epic scene of three episodes.

I tried to do everything in a diplomatic way. I offered peace, never fought, I was calm and silent when the soldiers started making chaos in my own house. But after Gryff started kicking Rodrick in the mud... I gave up. I'm too tired of that shit to care. Fuck you and your warnings, Gwyn! I'll make these motherfuckers regret everything they made!

• Never backed down and it was freakin' awesome. I'm sure I'll pay for it later, but I wanted to see how far it would go. That was a cool scene for the proud.

• I did quite possible the worst decision in an Telltale Game ever by getting up.

But I regret nothing, it was so badass and satisfying. Especially after Gryff is saying-'You should FEAR me' and Rodrik's 'I alone rule this house!'.

I probably screwed everything up and may have got Ryon harmed but I don't care. To quote Royland-'Even broken he's twice the man you are!'.

Also he insulted Duncan instead of throwing Talia for me.

• It's inconsistent to stay down after refusing to kiss Ludd's ring. That's why I saw myself forced to get up every time, don't regret it though.

JohnKersky posted: »

I stayed down even though I refused to kiss the ring in the previous episode. It is the right thing to do, no need to provoke the nasty psycho boy. The Forresters can get their revenge later.

• TTG's choices never matter anyways.

JPAssini posted: »

It's inconsistent to stay down after refusing to kiss Ludd's ring. That's why I saw myself forced to get up every time, don't regret it though.

• It's was probably the wrong decision, but I couldn't just let Gryff defeat Rodrik. So I stood up.

• I kept getting up. That guy is all bark. I can tell by the way he hits. coward of a 4th born.

• edited March 2015

I got up at the second time, but when he starts threatening Talia, I stayed down. I don't want anyone and especially my family to get hurt. Through, I did get royally pissed when that bastard Gryff throw Talia to the ground.

EDIT: After playing the scene again, standing up is definitely the most badass option and makes me love Rodrik even more.

• "You know what they did to me at the twins? Shred my face. Put their swords through me. Tried to smash my skull open. But they couldn't kill me. Any you're not the man to finish the job."

I freaking love that scene :-)

Byakuren posted: »

I only allow myself to rewind once I complete the game in it's entirety, so I'll have a look at all that in the end. The "I, alone, rule this house !" was epic as hell though, gonna be hard to beat

• True... But I, not sure how Telltales morality works.... :-/

Endrik posted: »

I think of it like this: If i stand up to gryff without recurring to violence, the whitehills will have to start hostilities. When shit goe

• One of my favourites too, but I never even thought of that movie watching this, for some reason. You're right though. Now I'm going to have to go watch it! :-)

I kept getting up. It reminded me of a similar scene from the Last Samurai, one of my favorite movies and scenes in general. However, despit

• That Royland quote is brilliant, the way he talks to Duncan has me convinced he's the traitor. But that's probably just TT f**king with us.

I did quite possible the worst decision in an Telltale Game ever by getting up. But I regret nothing, it was so badass and satisfying. Es

Sign in to comment in this discussion.