Who is the t******?

Comments

• I'm leaning towards the Maester.

Like someone once point out, you cant always trust the grey mouses. Who's House did the Maester belong to before he forged his chain? Which part of Westeros, who was his family owed to? We don't know.

And he is the most quiet of the bunch, with no clear motives to be the traitor, which is EXACTLY why he is the traitor!

The butler always did it.

Or, in a super crazy plot twist, Talia snitched.

• Doooon't say that!

I was stupid and trusted her. I thought that she would NEVER! Especially since I set out to rescue Ryon.

If its her, I wont be forgiving.

Seems like I'm getting less and less forgiving and compromising in this game.... hmm.

• Quite sure it wouldn't be Talia.

The issue with the Maester is that he doesn't seem to have any sort of motive for turning traitor.

I'm leaning towards the Maester. Like someone once point out, you cant always trust the grey mouses. Who's House did the Maester belong t

• Agreed.

BipedalP posted: »

I think it's Lady Forrester. She undermined Ethan so I don't see why she wouldn't undermine Rodrik.

• The Whitehills know nothing about the North Grove.

That's actually quite a suggestion. Then again though, Britt was quite open that he didn't want to be there and he was intent on killing Gar

• Yes, join the dark side, it's a lot more fun :)

SpiderPig posted: »

Doooon't say that! I was stupid and trusted her. I thought that she would NEVER! Especially since I set out to rescue Ryon. If its her

• In other words I should play the entire season during a pms-week? Mooooonsterevilsomethingsomethingdarkside.

Yes, join the dark side, it's a lot more fun

• Alt text

SpiderPig posted: »

In other words I should play the entire season during a pms-week? Mooooonsterevilsomethingsomethingdarkside.

• I don't think it's any of them. (Even though I had my reasons to think it's the Maester, but only because he thinks it helps the stubborn Forresters, not for malicious reasons.) There is clearly someone spying on them though for the Whitehills. They convene the small council in the woods now - and here comes a big fat SPOILER because I don't remember how much was revealed about the Stark boy Bran at this point when the game's story takes place within the TV show timeframe. So don't read any further if you have no clue what I'm talking about! :)
    The Whitehills could have one of those Warg people who can enter an animal's or even a plant's mind to listen to the council's conversations. Gwynn could even be the Warg herself. Or her brother, ugh... I hope not.

• I'm pretty lost on who the traitor could be now. Don't see the mom doing it because why would she jeopardize getting Ryon back. Duncan and Royland both seem super loyal to the hood. And Maester just seems like a way too obvious choice. But if I had to pick one I'd say it's probably whoever you didn't choose as your sentinel.

• It is too obvious if it is the Maester. If we have to look at anyone else who is most capable of undermining the Forresters, it is Duncan. He does a lot of things that makes me questioning his loyalty. He send Gared off to the Wall without asking Ethan, he send a letter to the Wall asking for Gared to become a ranger, he gives drinks to the Whitehills, he suddenly appears at the Wall with Iroonwood weapons and he happens to know how to contact Gwyn.

Regarding Elissa. Why the hell would your own mother be a traitor after she said things such as killing the Whitehills down to the babes and especially considering her backstory where her whole house is destroyed.

Now that I think about it, Royland could also be the traitor. He constantly want to fight and provoke the Whitehills, which means that he is attempting to provide Lord Whitehill an excuse to attack Ironrath. But then again, he is too aggressive and follow his feeling. He isn't very subtle about his desire to aid the Forresters, you can see it when Ethan died. There is a VERY noticeable differences depending on who is by Ethan's side when he died.

Also, I wonder if the traitor is the same traitor who opened the gate for the Whitehills soldiers back in Episode 1?

• I think the telling point might have been when you have the option not to tell her about there being a traitor, although that may have been an option if you chose not to heap on a new problem onto the burden she has to bear. It makes sense for her main goal to be ensuring Ryon's safety, and as such she may consider betraying plans to either depose Gryff or rescue Ryon as a means of currying favour with Ludd.

• Highly unlikely. She wanted Ryon to be there at the funeral and that would only be possible if Ludd agreed to come

Cbee posted: »

It has to be Elissa, I mean she practically begged Ludd to come.

• edited March 2015

It could very well be the maester. He doesn't speak much and stays mostly neutral and passes off a very observer vibe. By process of elimination, Duncan, extremely trusted by Rodrik's father enough to tell him and only him about the north grove plus he is always trying to avoid confrontation with the whitehills. Gwyn said that her father is waiting for an excuse to attack and with Royland pestering to attack all the time, it would be very easy for Duncan to give that last nudge for an all out war between Forresters and Whitehills. As for Royland, he seems to be pushing for attack but he is less likely. Remember the time when Rodrik arrived at Ironwrath almost dead and fell off the cart. There was no one there but Royland and he could have easily slit Rodrik's throat and sent him away making sure that House Forrester remained weak imo.
    Initially, I very well considered Lady Forrester as a suspect as she would have the most compelling reason to betray Forresters to ensure Ryon's safety.I ruled her out eventually because at the council I chose to save Ryon instead of dealing with Gryf and Lady Forrester wouldn't tell that information to Whitehills hurting her chances to see Ryon to safety rather than ensure it.
    What I found very interesting though was that when Rodrik returns after speaking to Gwyn and talks to his mother, if you choose to tell her that there is a traitor, she then asks you who it could be and depending on your answer, she changes her response. For example, if you say it could be Royland, she says "What about Duncan". If you suspect Duncan or the Maester, she suspects Royland. Makes me want to suspect her even more but it seems unreasonable to suspect her due to this LOL

• Oh dear, I hope it's not Lady Forrester - I told her about the traitor 0_o

I hope that doesn't come to bite me on the butt

• I think it's Duncan, he's too good to be true and doesn't in anyway want to harm the Whitehills/Boltons and wants to "bargain" with them, giving away all their Ironwood. It's like the deal with Tyrion, it's an obvious choice and therefor can easily trick you. In the end, the obvious choice is the most foolish choice. The game wants you to think it's the measter, but it's truly the most reliable man.

Duncan aka Littlefinger

My 2 suspects are The Maester and Lady Forrester. Ryon is the Whitehill's hostage and I think Lady Forrester wants to surrender to the White

• edited March 2015

Suspects:

Maester Ortengryn - He's the most obvious. He wanted Ethan to offer the Whitehills the Forresters' Ironwood. He was only assigned to serve House Forrester, so his loyalties can be questionable.

Lady Forrester - She's the least obvious. There was some signs of respect for her form the Whitehills. Not even her own husband trusted her with information about the North Grove. She contacted the Whitehills.

Duncan Tuttle - He doesn't want to fight the Whitehills. Gwyn Whitehill contacted Rodrik Forrester through him. He's the only one who knows about the North Grove but that may be the reason Britt was sent to The Wall.

Ser Royland - He seems eager to start a war between House Forrester and the Whitehills.

• Cat is Lady Stark. You don't read the books or watch the show, I take it..?

Sorry, I don't know who Catelyn is. Was she one of the Starks in the TV Series? I think she's trying to move policy in a less confrontati

• Wait... I'm confused. Griff grabbed Duncan and told me "You thought he was your man but he's my man" I thought that meant Duncan was the traitor?? Am I dumb for thinking Griff was telling the truth??

• I think the Maester is the best option. Why would Duncan try to get Gared involved with the North Grove if he wanted House Forrester to fall? Royland, though hotheaded, would never do that to the Forresters. And Lady Forrester? Please. I can see her trying to go behind their back for simple things (which she has done), but not for something as big as what this traitor is doing.

• I have researched and put in as much information as I could possibly find. Luckily some of the posts in this forum helped me to make my decision more clear on who the traitor was, but so did replaying the entire game. This video explains all of the information of the traitor and reveals the person as well:

I couldn't see anywhere that adding a video link was not allowed but I'm sorry if I've broken some rule.

• No, he was a Whitehill. Frostfinger said as much in episode 3 and when the maester was fixing Gared's leg, Gared said it was two Whitehill soldiers and a Bolton who attacked him, Ramsay probably wouldn't have gotten involved if you only killed Whitehill soldiers, meaning the Bolton had to be the first soldier you killed (with the axe or pitchfork).

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Britt was a Bolton not a Whitehill though, right? Correct me if im wrong. But if that is the case, it could be an indication that Bolton lea

• It was the Maester that wanted to bargain with them. Duncan just wanted to be diplomatic, rather than trying to fight them.

I think it's Duncan, he's too good to be true and doesn't in anyway want to harm the Whitehills/Boltons and wants to "bargain" with them, gi

• It's ethier The Maester or Lady Forester. I didn't reveal to her what Gwynn told me :P

• Bran can't see through plants in general, only Weirwood trees, the heart trees with the faces on them. And that's because he's a powerful greenseer, not a warg.

• edited March 2015

When a Maester forges his chain at the Citadel, he abandons the name of his House. But if this story has taught us anything, it's that you never truly leave your House behind, nor they you. For all we know, Maester Ortengryn is a Frey -- or a Bolton, or a Lannister, or any one of their bannermen. He is the man I suspect above all others.

That said, though, it has crossed my mind on more than one occasion that Lady Elissa is the traitor, for exactly the reasons you mention. Frankly, the biggest reason those two are my prime suspects has to do with the game choices: they're the only other characters who you have the option to tell about the North Grove, apart from Duncan. I just have a couple reservations:

First, if Gared breaks his vow to Lord Gregor and tells Maester Ortengryn and Lady Elissa about the North Grove, does Gwyn later reveal to Rodrick that the Whitehills know about the North Grove?

If the answer is yes, we can definitively narrow down our list of suspects to Maester Ortengryn and Lady Elissa. I know for a fact that if Gared keeps his word to Lord Gregor, Gwyn mentions nothing about the North Grove.

Also, I chose to try and expel Gryf, and Elissa objected. Does she object to trying to save Ryon? It very much seems to me that betraying that kind of information would do nothing but increase the likelihood Ryon would be killed.

Why? You haven't given a single reason why he could gain from such a deal, and if I'm honest I can't see so either. Plus, you say that La

• Yeah. Those meetings were private.

HiroVoid posted: »

I'm pretty sure Gwyn says that she knows you either plan to expel Gryff or save Ryan depending on what dialogue option you chose. That definitely means either someone's overhearing the meetings (which I HIGHLY doubt) or there's a traitor.

• Gryff wasn't admitting who the traitor was. That just happened to put doubt in your mind about Duncan.

• I believe that if Rodrik was a smart enough lord that he would make a plan similar to Tyrion's when he found out that Pycell was loyal to Cersei. Give Lady Forrester, Duncan Donuts, Ser Royland and the Maester each different information and, after waiting a few days, arrange another meeting with Gywn. I personally told Lady Forrester about the traitor while in the heat of the game but after stopping to think about it, I know believe she has the biggest incentive (Ryon's safety). Also, punching the soldier and Gryff in the face game me more satisfaction than a thousand lying whores.

• No kidding! I hope that's an option in the upcoming episode, but I doubt Telltale would want to reveal the traitor like that, or that quickly.

RodrikO-R posted: »

I believe that if Rodrik was a smart enough lord that he would make a plan similar to Tyrion's when he found out that Pycell was loyal to Ce

• You think it's Ser Royland of all people?! He would be my very last guess. He gets legitimately furious everytime a forrester is mistreated. Why would he do that? Do you think he's simply acting and trying to give Lord Whitehill a reason to attack?I don't think he has the acting-talent or the brains to pull that off. And why would he have gotten Rodrik help in the beginning of episode 2? If he was the traitor and truly wanted to seize power, he should've just slit his throat and make that dude on the carriage take him back or get rid of the body in another way.
    I think it's very unlikely that it's him.

I have researched and put in as much information as I could possibly find. Luckily some of the posts in this forum helped me to make my deci

• So far, the only person you could tell about the traitor was Lady Forrester, which makes me suspicious.

• I'm thinking, whoever this traitor is, if he decides to give up the secrets of harvesting Ironwood properly, which is pretty much the only reason Ramsay Snow didn't give all the ironwood to the Whitehills, the Forresters would be royally fucked.

• Ok, so I've been analysing all the arguments in full and I've finally come to a definite conviction on who could and couldn't be the traitor.

Firstly, it is definitely not the Maester: he is too obvious, and he has zero motive for turning traitor. Telltale like to surprise the player- it's part of good story telling- and if I've learnt anything from them it is never the obvious person who is the real culprit. Lots of people assume it must be him just because the arguments for and against him being the traitor are less clear, but really he has no motives for turning traitor and it's just too obvious- TT want us to think he's the traitor.

As for Royland, there's no chance he'd turn traitor either, whether or not you make him sentinel or not. He's too loyal, there's no way he'd deal with the Whitehill's or have anything to do with them. If he was the traitor, why would he start fighting the Whitehill men? Why would he try to encourage such an aggressive policy and be so eager to fling himself into combat all the time? There's no chance it's him, and despite some people's misgivings about him he's one of my favourite characters and possibly the most honourable and loyal of the lot, whether you make him sentinel or not.

A lot of people also suggest it could depend on your choice of Sentinel, but I really can't see that happening: what, just because you didn't get made sentinel you turned traitor? No, neither men in my opinion would turn traitor over such a little thing. For me, the whole Sentinel thing will probably have very little significance and was probably only in E1 to fill game time.

That leaves me with two possible traitors: Lady Forrester and Duncan Tuttle. However, let me quickly make it clear that neither are turning traitor to help the Whitehill's. Both may be doing so to help House Forrester, as I shall now explain.

Personally I don't think Duncan is the traitor, but it is suspicious how he somehow has contact with Gwyn Whitehill and other things amongst that. I don't think he'd be turning traitor to hurt House Forrester though- maybe he is trying to get a better deal for the Forrester's behind everyone's backs. He might be disclosing information to Gwyn, thinking that the two can work together to make peace between the Houses, but I personally don't trust Gwyn and could imagine her double crossing him. He might be traitor, but he'd be doing so with good intentions.

However, my primary suspect is still Lady Forrester: for a start, Lord Whitehill has Ryon so she is actually in a position were Lord Whitehill can get has something over her and can therefore pretty much get anything he wants from her. She was left broken by Ethan's death, as the change in her manner from dignified to desperate has shown. She also seems to have a greater hatred for the Whitehill's than even Royland- as she said herself, she would murder all the Whitehill children if she had the chance. This could be out of frustration because of the position she is in, having to disclose information to keep Ryon safe. She also tries to keep Forrester policy towards the Whitehill's quite neutral, as she's desperate for Ryon to remain safe. Any aggressive policy towards the Whitehill's would put Ryon in danger. A lot of people say she wouldn't turn traitor on her own House just for Ryon, but I really think she would: she is desperate to keep him safe, and is willing to sacrifice the Houses honour (telling Rodrik to kiss Lord Whitehill's ring) and a chance to oust the Whitehill's in order to focus on keeping Ryon safe. She of course wants to get Ryon back and, as I said, she has no loyalty to the Whitehill's and hates the situation she is in, and she would probably want to exact revenge against the Whitehill's, but for the now she is forced into turning traitor in order to keep Ryon safe. None of the other characters could be open to such manipulation by Lord Whitehill.

• Give me one motive for the Maester turning traitor. Everyone who has suggested the Maester has only mentioned why it wouldn't be others, no one has actually give a reason why it WOULD be him.

I think the Maester is the best option. Why would Duncan try to get Gared involved with the North Grove if he wanted House Forrester to fall

• I've never watched the series, but that'd be quite a clever thing to do.

RodrikO-R posted: »

I believe that if Rodrik was a smart enough lord that he would make a plan similar to Tyrion's when he found out that Pycell was loyal to Ce

• It's Telltale we're talking about here- your decisions tend to come back and bite you on the butt XD

CassiPops posted: »

Oh dear, I hope it's not Lady Forrester - I told her about the traitor 0_o I hope that doesn't come to bite me on the butt

• I agree with everything you said. I also think it's most likely to be the mother. However, since Telltale wants to surprise the players and since everyone thinks it's the mom, it's probably going t be Duncan imo.

(Also Carver was a terrible person, maybe he had good intentions, but he was extremely misguided and terrible :P)

Ok, so I've been analysing all the arguments in full and I've finally come to a definite conviction on who could and couldn't be the traitor

• My best guess is it's the mother, even though i did tell her about the traitor, i am 95% sure it's her. There is no chance it's one of the sentinels, small chance for Maester and maybe even someone else, like Thalia ( that said she would be different nd not chiidsh anymore).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.