Unpopular Opinions Thread - Game of Thrones Edition

Comments

• Yeah, they wasted the actor on the role of Viserys, tbh. Apparently he initially auditioned for Jon Snow. I don't hate Kit Harrington's acting, but I suspect Harry Lloyd would've made the character more interesting to watch.

• Jon Snow is straight. It is known.

The Show: 1. I think all of the Stark's storylines (Ned, Robb and FUCKING BRANDON) are terribly boring and I was actually glad when Ned die

• 100% agreed

TheCatWolf posted: »

I find Asher more attractive than Rodrik.

• Just joking. Who could possibly dislike this guy?

I can.

desd960 posted: »

I think Danny is annoying. I think Brandon could die and nobody would care. I think Ned and Robb deserved their fate. And i don't like Oberyn. ... ... ... Just joking. Who could possibly dislike this guy? I Oberyn

• I know he is and I never said he wasn't. But a girl can dream, okay? Okay.

Jon Snow is straight. It is known.

• Robb is amazing (makes bad decisions, but amazing) and I hate Catelyn.

• Hey, he might be bi. Goes for both.

I know he is and I never said he wasn't. But a girl can dream, okay? Okay.

• Yes, let's just agree that that's the obvious truth. :D

JazzyTheMan posted: »

Hey, he might be bi. Goes for both.

• Now we can post our fanfictions guilt free!

Yes, let's just agree that that's the obvious truth.

• I loved Tywin Lannister. Wish he'd stayed alive longer. Best character hands down for me. I also think Tyrion was unjustified in killing him on the show (not the books, though). Show Tyrion should have gone for Cersei instead.

I liked Jaime back before his redemption arc started.

I loathe the fact that they made Brienne defeat the Hound in a 1 on 1. I think it made her look too strong and him too weak.

I absolutely hate Daenerys' character. I wish her dead as soon as possible and it makes me sad that it probably won't happen.

I also hate Sam. I think he's a pathetic excuse for a man and Jon Snow was wrong in not letting Ser Alisser harden him with training. In the state that he is, Sam has no business being alive. He should have died at the end of season 2, if not earlier. His love story with Gilly is also one of the more cringeworthy things to watch and read about.

I don't hate Melisandre. In fact, I believe she may be one of the few people actually looking to save the world. Her methods may be unsavory, but her goal is just. Also, while I normally dislike religious fanatics, for all the evidence we've seen so far, her god may actually be real, so... It's a valid excuse for all the religious practice.

• Your username is amazing. Just had to tell you.

I loved Tywin Lannister. Wish he'd stayed alive longer. Best character hands down for me. I also think Tyrion was unjustified in killing him

• That actually makes me a bit sad thinking what Lloyd could have brought to the character, but alas beggars can't be choosers, and he was still quite good as Viserys.

Yeah, they wasted the actor on the role of Viserys, tbh. Apparently he initially auditioned for Jon Snow. I don't hate Kit Harrington's acting, but I suspect Harry Lloyd would've made the character more interesting to watch.

• The most heroic thing Ethan could've done for the house was let Ramsay take her so we would never have to be subjected to that croaky abomination.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Talia's song was awful, my ears bled ._.

• He raped mama Snow and beheaded Gared

"Ned Stark is a warlord rapist" Huh? Where did you get that?

• They killed his father.

rousseau posted: »

Robb had no right or reasonable motive whatsoever to start this war. Lots of people aside from his very own family had to suffer because he

• May not be unpopular but I don't care for Jon Snow nor Sansa Stark nor Rickon nor Bronn. arya is the one true Stark storyline to continue.
    I was saddened most by Grey Wind's death at the Twins (red wedding was at the Twins, right?) than any of the humans.
    I don't blame Shae for turning on Tyrion.

• edited March 2015
    1. Mira's my favorite character. Talia's a close second.
    2. I don't really care for Gared.
  • Haha, fuck yeah ;D

Now we can post our fanfictions guilt free!

• Game:

• Ethan wasn't a great character. Zero depth. His death was expected and the least upsetting.
    • Mira is one of the better characters in game.
    • Using Ryon as a plot point was cheap and uninteresting. House > Family.
    • Asher is best son.
    • While not bad, the fact that Rodrik is so injured and incapable of really changing anything really gets to me. If healthy, he could turn the tides of the House in his favor but he's SO damaged. Really hoping he manages to improve.

Show/Books:

• Bran's storyline while awesome in theory, has such little substance in the beginning and is hard to read/watch aka boring.
    • Sansa is one of the most well developed characters in terms of growth and does not deserve the hate she receives.
    • The Lannister's are fantastic house considering the depth and twisted nature. Terrible people, excellent characters.
    • Arya's story arch was expected and almost stereotypical (Tom boy girl kicks ass despite being a "Lady") but definitely my favorite.
    • Can't stand reading or watching Greyjoy's story arch. I could not care less.
  • While I actually liked Ethan and was saddened by his death and wanted bloody vengeance against the Whitehills (we know the canon, Ramsay SNow is still alive so the direct killer was never brought to justice)...

I still kind of like the character of Ramsay Snow.

Yes I just said that: I think Ramsay Snow is a likable character. I'm not joking (hey, he's still better than Joffrey, plus he does kind of have a more charismatic personality).

I hated Ethan on the first playthrough. Whitehill > Forrester Ramsay Snow is the best character.

• Robb deserved his fate, he was stupid to just throw away his promised marriage to Lord Frey's daughter and he didn't think with enough tact either.

Lingvort posted: »

I don't really hate Lord Whitehill. I think both Ned and Robb deserved their fates. They both had a way out, but neither followed it.

• Wait, when did Daenerys become so hated?

Barthanax posted: »

Daenerys is my least favourite character. I hope she's killed off before she has a chance to claim the Iron Throne Buddy, we all wan

• Wait, so its unpopular to generally like Jaime Lannister? Because I think he's kind of cool overall (minus the creepy incest with his psycho twin sister).

I prefer the show over the books. I wanted the hound to win against Brienne. I never disliked Jaime Lannister I wanted Rodrik to stay dead and I still do.

• I think Stannis has a rather legitimate claim to the Iron Throne and I wish that he could have become King.

• I love Daenerys Targaryen.

• GAME

I do not care for Mira

I hope Lady Forrester dies

I like Ludd Whitehill

Books/Show

I hate Tyrion and I want him to die.

I want Dany to die a slow and painful death

I wanted Joffrey to live

I hate Jaime

• Alt text

Gary-Oak posted: »

GAME I do not care for Mira I hope Lady Forrester dies I like Ludd Whitehill Books/Show I hate Tyrion and I want him to die. I want Dany to die a slow and painful death I wanted Joffrey to live I hate Jaime

• edited March 2015

Lady Forrester's a bawss

Mira's scenes are my favorite

Asher is boring, not nearly enough wanton people stabbing

Jamie can go diaf, hate his char

GRRM needs to get an editor...hides in bunker

• edited March 2015

In the Game:

1. I disliked Ethan and tried to make him like Joefrey

2. I really dislike Rodrick, Thalia and especially Lady Forrester

3. I like Finn

4. I trust the haidmaiden

5. I don't like any Forrrester expect Malcolm, Asher, Mira.

Show/Books

Pretty much no unpopular opinions.

My favorite carachters are Arya, Gendry, Ygritee ( Tyrion isn't unpopular)

I don't hate Daenerys

I donn't like Stannis

I hate Margery

I love Varys

I like Walder Fray, made the Red Wedding the most interesting.

I like Tywin

I LOVE Oberyn

I like Theon

I never liked Robb very much

I find Bran super boring

I like The Hound

• The Wall's essentially a big prison. Sure there's a brothel many miles to the east, but you've got to reckon there's a little bit of bunk hopping, buggery, and late night spooning afoot. And Jon's got a purty mouth.

Hey, he might be bi. Goes for both.

• I didn't think liking Mira is unpopular?
    I find her the most interesting (along with Gared).

• Ever since Drogo died, which was the only reason you wanted to see the scenes in Essos.

Harian96 posted: »

Wait, when did Daenerys become so hated?

• Dude, you don't like (t)wincest? :O
    This appears to be quite an unpopular opinion on the internet in itself, mate xD

Wait, so its unpopular to generally like Jaime Lannister? Because I think he's kind of cool overall (minus the creepy incest with his psycho twin sister).

• Well, after reading the comments on here, I think that is a TRULY unpopular opinion.

I love Daenerys Targaryen.

• Littlefinger is my absolute favorite character, above all others.

• I love Varys too. I bet his bald head is as soft as a baby's cheek.

Majda posted: »

In the Game: * I disliked Ethan and tried to make him like Joefrey * I really dislike Rodrick, Thalia and especially Lady Forrester

• Yup, exactly. "Honor" failed both him and his father.

Robb deserved his fate, he was stupid to just throw away his promised marriage to Lord Frey's daughter and he didn't think with enough tact either.

• edited March 2015

And where did you get this info about raping? It's 99% possibility that Jon Snow isn't even Ned's son but his sister Lyanna's and Rheagar Targaryen's. Do you possibly mix Ned up with lord Bolton? Because he did rape Ramsay Snow's mother, whoever she is.

With the beheadings it's more about the North's (and actually the whole Westeros') culture, law and religion you should hate for it. I mean, at least Ned does it himself instead of using executioner. And there is no way he could've taken the speak of the Others/White Walkers seriously at that point, even majority of the Night's Watch didn't take their threat seriously then.

And anyway I think "rapist warlord" suits Khal Drogo better than Ned Stark :D Btw I don't mean to say with this post that hating/not liking Ned is a bad thing (everyone has their opinion), just answering to your arguments about why you don't like him.

Clemenem posted: »

He raped mama Snow and beheaded Gared

• Dany and Jorah are the best.

I love Daenerys Targaryen.

• Why? XD

Littlefinger is my absolute favorite character, above all others.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.