Unpopular Opinions Thread - Game of Thrones Edition

Comments

• edited March 2015

I don't like Brienne of Tarth and hate it how the Hound ended up losing to her, the Hound was awesome.

• edited March 2015

I find Duncan sneaky and annoying, he is my least fave character. Him sending Gared to the wall just to find Ironwood felt really manipulative as he knows Gared will be cast out of the Watch and if the weather does not kill them then it is an automatic death sentence. He does not care about his nephew at all.

• Game:

1. I don't hate Whitehills at all. Ludd is just the most laughable character in the whole game and what about Gryff, well, he was even a little nice to me after I submitted to him. I'll do whatever it takes to ensure peace between our houses.

2. I wish there was a chance to keep Britt alive. First of all, I defenitely don't want to be a killer, and secondly, I just admire the way he fights. Seriously, that was one of the best fighting scenes Telltale has ever made. It would be cool if he and Gared could come at the top of the Wall every night and kick each over's asses. It could be like a special ritual, or something like that. It probably sounds weird, but I love this stupid idea.

3. I understand why so much people don't trust Cotter and Sera, and I'm even ready to one (or both) of them somehow betraying me. Still, even if they do, they'll still be my friends and I wont hate them or seek revenge. They just don't look like people who can turn traitor because of their treacherous nature. If they do, it'll probably be because of their weakness or the circumstances. I admire them too much not to forgive them.

Books:

1. Robb an Arya are my least favourite characters (Arya's storyline is still the most interesting and well-written). I also don't really like Oberyn (as well as his daughters) and Stannis.

2. Theon Greyjoy, Sansa Stark and Sam Tarly are my favorites (I have a lot more favourite characters actually, but these three seem to get a lot more hate than I think they deserve).

3. Lannisters are my favourite house. Tywin, Sersei and Joffrey are the only ones who deserve all the hate that this house gets (and still, I felt sorry for Joffrey when he died). Jaime, Tyrion, Tommen, Myrcella, Genna, Kevan, Lancel and Gerion are the best.

4. Seven gods are my favourite religion from the books.

• Bro,point of this topic is to write unlogical things in some way.Of course i didn't really enjoyed that.

"I enjoyed when Boltons killed Gared's father." Why did you enjoy THAT? We didn't know anything about the guy. He was just some random pig farmer. That's a strange thing to enjoy.

• And even then the Small Council told us she got pregnant with Drogo's child after we saw it first, and when he died, AND when the dragons were hatched, so any Daenerys scene is just a time filler in the show.

Ever since Drogo died, which was the only reason you wanted to see the scenes in Essos.

• so much h8

Gary-Oak posted: »

GAME I do not care for Mira I hope Lady Forrester dies I like Ludd Whitehill Books/Show I hate Tyrion and I want him to die. I want Dany to die a slow and painful death I wanted Joffrey to live I hate Jaime

• You felt sorry for Joffrey when he died? Even after how he treated and humiliated Tyrion shortly before then?

Krapinka posted: »

Game: * I don't hate Whitehills at all. Ludd is just the most laughable character in the whole game and what about Gryff, well, he was

• Exactly. Down with Daenerys!

Barthanax posted: »

And even then the Small Council told us she got pregnant with Drogo's child after we saw it first, and when he died, AND when the dragons were hatched, so any Daenerys scene is just a time filler in the show.

• who doesn't like a clever manwhore?
    see: Tyrion, Oberyn

Why? XD

• edited March 2015

Okay.

Game

1. I hate Ethan so much and I wish his death was even worse than it was.
    2. I love the Whitehills.
    3. Ramsay Bolton is a seriously misunderstood character.
    4. I hope Talia dies.
    5. Gared deserves to fall off the Wall.
    6. Mira is the most developed character.

Show

1. I hate Hodor because he's pointless
    2. Dany is the smartest and best character because dragons.
    3. Tyrion should have died a long time ago.
    4. Oberyn was irritating and I'm glad he's dead.
    5. All the Starks were stupid. (I actually kinda mean this one)
  • I think Asher and Gwyn Whitehill are TWINS!

I also hate CAPTCHAs. They suck if you have dyslexia.

• I think Asher and Gwyn Whitehill are TWINS!

Alt text

Now honestly, why would you think that?

DariaC posted: »

I think Asher and Gwyn Whitehill are TWINS! I also hate CAPTCHAs. They suck if you have dyslexia.

• With all the Incest and homosexuality, the High Septon would shit his pants

Pipas posted: »

I think Asher and Gwyn Whitehill are TWINS! Now honestly, why would you think that?

• He's a magnificent bastard.

Why? XD

• Show:

I was never that into the Battle of the Blackwater. Other people seem to think it's the greatest.

King's Landing is kind of boring, except in this game.

Game:

While I like Mira's story, I think it's stupid she's in King's Landing to begin with. Once her father chose to fight for the King in the North, her family should have recognized the danger she was in, living in the south. At least Sansa was only in King's Landing as a hostage.

• Well, he was just a stupid and mentally unstable kid who really needed to be slapped more often, than Tyrion could provide. Though, maybe it was too late for that and the only thing that could help were a couple of months of Reek-treatment from Ramsay. Still, I just can't not feel sorry for some stupid kid, whose horrible death was mostly his own fault.

Harian96 posted: »

You felt sorry for Joffrey when he died? Even after how he treated and humiliated Tyrion shortly before then?

• Vary's crome dome will remember that

Alt text

rousseau posted: »

I love Varys too. I bet his bald head is as soft as a baby's cheek.

• edited March 2015

Game:

I feel like having Gared join the Night's Watch was a terrible idea, especially since Duncan had it in mind that Gared would also desert. If Duncan wanted to get Gared beyond the Wall... all he had to do was ask the Night's Watch to pass through the tunnel. Bran does this in the TV show with no issue at all.

Show:

I don't understand all the Daenerys hate. She can be a bit prideful at times, but for the most part she is kind, just, smart, and a leader that has the love of her people. She is obviously still in the process of learning what it means to be a ruler, but I would love for her to win the Iron Throne. The only issue that I have with her is in the way that she just tossed Jorah aside when learning about his past betrayal. I feel so bad for the guy..

• Alt text

TheCatWolf posted: »

I find Asher more attractive than Rodrik.

• You monster.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Talia's song was awful, my ears bled ._.

• I like my opinons.

• CROME DOME

Clemenem posted: »

Vary's crome dome will remember that

• Alt text

You monster.

• Gared had to join the night's watch to not get executed by the Boltons

Belan posted: »

Game: I feel like having Gared join the Night's Watch was a terrible idea, especially since Duncan had it in mind that Gared would also d

• edited March 2015

Screams internally

• Wow that is unpopular.

I like my opinons.

• I feel pity for the Whitehills. From a few lines of dialogue sprinkled through-out the game, I think they may have been victims from some tragedy to their house and have now just regained their footing. of course it won't stop me from defending my house, but I feel they may have suffered just as much as the Foresters.

• edited March 2015

Did he though? We don't really know that. Duncan was just making an assumption. Nothing was even discussed with the Boltons on the matter of punishment. Considering Britt was sent to the Wall himself, it looks like Gared may not have even had anything to worry about. If Duncan was simply worried about Gared's safety, he still could have sent him over the wall to find the North Grove while looking into what kind of trouble Gared is actually facing.

Even if going to the Night's Watch helps to keep Gared safe, it was only meant as a short term situation, as Duncan wants him to then go ahead and desert, which only adds another party who may want to see Gared executed. As far as Duncan's plans go, there was no reason to have Gared join the Watch. All Gared had to do was go through the Wall. This doesn't require him to be a member of the Night's Watch, and it accomplishes the two goals of getting him away from the Boltons/Whitehills, and sending him to find the North Grove.

Gared had to join the night's watch to not get executed by the Boltons

• rip in piss blonde shit

I liked Joffrey and wanted him to live.

• While I enjoyed the fact the game let us experience the Night's Watch and it's diverse cast, you're right. Duncan could've easily told Gared to go into hiding first and then come up with the plan to go beyond the wall to search for the North Grove. Deserting the Night's Watch is serious business as anyone who capture's Gared would be held to the laws of Westero's would sentence him to death.

Not to mention it might've angered the Whitehills and Boltons less if they were simply told that Gared had disappeared and ran off. They'd certainly still be angry, and probably claim that the Forrester's let him, but when a man runs off there isn't a whole lot anyone can do aside from send men after him which tends to be a bad plan as each house needs all the men they can get.

Belan posted: »

Did he though? We don't really know that. Duncan was just making an assumption. Nothing was even discussed with the Boltons on the matter of

• People find her scenes "boring" and whatnot but she's my second favorite protagonist and definitely the hardest one to play as IMO.

Majda posted: »

I didn't think liking Mira is unpopular? I find her the most interesting (along with Gared).

1. Dany's character change "weak girl-powerful khaleesi" happened in like 2 lines in the books, which is the most awful and bad written character development I have ever read about. It results in Dany being the most boring and unrealistic character in the novels, and people like her only because of the dragons.
    2. Essos is boring, it's culture, traditions and geography are not interesting at all.
  • I wish Margaery would just kick Mira out of King's Landing, Margaery is such a nice character, but Mira is so annoying and the worst character ever created.

• 100% agreed. Will you be my soulmate?

JohnKersky posted: »

* Dany's character change "weak girl-powerful khaleesi" happened in like 2 lines in the books, which is the most awful and bad written chara

• I hate Beshka. She's been a good friend to Asher, but I think she's annoying, stubborn, and a liability, and given the choice of saving her over Malcolm, I was happy to give her to Drogon as a snack in Episode 3.

• Yes, Essos is definitely not the strong point of the books. I never could make a distinction between the cities (Braavos, Schmaavos, Volantis, Pentos, Penis, whatever) and the fight between slaves and slavers ... yawn. People all wear funny silk dresses, eat dogs and have unpronouncable names. Principally just caricatures of eastern people of our world. Oh, yes, did I mention they eat dogs? Don't forget this shocking fact, could be important later on, because he tells us this about 30 times.

It seems like GRRM put all his unpolished brainstorming ideas about societies and religion and culture and so on into Essos. Whereas the conflict in Westeros has actual substance and lots of stories to tell.

JohnKersky posted: »

* Dany's character change "weak girl-powerful khaleesi" happened in like 2 lines in the books, which is the most awful and bad written chara

• Sometimes I can't help but feel like we're playing the bad guys who are finally getting what's coming to them. Granted the current generation of Forresters probably don't deserve it (except perhaps 'cocky Rodrik' and Asher?) but I have a feeling the Whitehills are perhaps a little bit justified.

It seems as if the Forresters are awfully keen to keep the 'you squandered your share of the Ironwood' story going, while Lord Whitehill seems to suggest that their share was taken from them and they had to harvest what was left. Perhaps past Forresters did get a bit too greedy, though I doubt neither side is 100% innocent.

DoubleJump posted: »

I feel pity for the Whitehills. From a few lines of dialogue sprinkled through-out the game, I think they may have been victims from some tr

• Maybe mine is the unpopular opinion, but I thought Drogo, though badass and respected as a fighter who could've likely wrecked 99% of the men in Westeros, was a corny douchebag and I didn't personally care for him personality wise. "MOON OF MY LIFE.."

Ever since Drogo died, which was the only reason you wanted to see the scenes in Essos.

• I disliked Jamie Lannister up until his speech to Catelyn Stark in the cage, now he's one of the top 3 imo.

I was very split in the fight against the Hound and Brienne, but more leaning toward the side of the Hound.

Disagree about Rodrik.

I prefer the show over the books. I wanted the hound to win against Brienne. I never disliked Jaime Lannister I wanted Rodrik to stay dead and I still do.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.