Elaena Glenmore in Episode 4

Here's why I believe she will appear in episode four and why.

If you forged Margery's letter and got her to accept your proposal: She will appear knowing that Mira forged the letter (somehow), and will feel manipulated by Rodrik and decline the marriage.

If you promised her half Forrester ironwood : She will notice how the Whitehills are tarnishing ironwood and therefore refuse the marriage as it's risky.

If you never got the marriage: She comes in to check up on how you're doing and is distressed at the state of your house. She wishes you the best. At this point you get the option to ask for her hand in marriage again, but she declines.

That's what I believe it will be. What do you think?

Comments

• I think she'll have a bigger impact than checking on you or calling off the marriage whatever she's coming for we're not going to be able to guess.

• Whats the point of winning the marriage if she comes and declines it anyway? I strongly disagree with everything you said

• To be honest, there have been a multitude of choices in Telltale's games, that mean nothing.

Whats the point of winning the marriage if she comes and declines it anyway? I strongly disagree with everything you said

• This. ^

HarjKS posted: »

To be honest, there have been a multitude of choices in Telltale's games, that mean nothing.

• I think the other way around. If you fail to win the marriage she comes back in a later episode and you win it anyway. IMO

HarjKS posted: »

To be honest, there have been a multitude of choices in Telltale's games, that mean nothing.

• What's the point of losing the betrothal then?

I think the other way around. If you fail to win the marriage she comes back in a later episode and you win it anyway. IMO

• edited March 2015

When Gwyn first appeared in episode 2, I kinda regretted having secured the betrothal to Elaena. Marrying Gwyn Withehill instead could be the best option to end the war between both houses.

• She might be marrying with Gryff. And then Lord Whitehill invite the Forresters in order to be a jerk about it. The money Ludd sent to King's Landing might have been in order to secure that marriage.

• Whats the point of winning?

rousseau posted: »

What's the point of losing the betrothal then?

• You're repeating yourself.

Whats the point of winning?

• Well the Ironborn are still running about, maybe the alliance was called off because the Glenmores needed their troops to fend off the invaders.

• Well, I'm gonna stay optimistic and say that Elaena is probably going to re-secure the marriage. But, it's Game of Thrones, so the most likely things to happen are:

1. She calls it off
    2. She's marrying Gryff because the Whitehills are bribing her
  • In the preview Lady Forrester said "We have no allies" and then Elaena with a sad face is shown, which means the betrothal is off. Maybe, she is about to be given to Gryff, since Lord Whitehill mentioned that his son needs a bride back in Episode 2. I'm glad it happened, her family is too greedy about the Ironwood and now with the Whitehills in power their betrayal is just a matter of time.

• But wy would she marry Gryff? House Forrester is a poor house but marry the lord of a poor house is better than marry a fourth-born son of a normal house.

JohnKersky posted: »

In the preview Lady Forrester said "We have no allies" and then Elaena with a sad face is shown, which means the betrothal is off. Maybe, sh

• Not if the Glenmores start believing that the "poor house" is going to become a "lost house"...then even a 4th-born is better.

But wy would she marry Gryff? House Forrester is a poor house but marry the lord of a poor house is better than marry a fourth-born son of a normal house.

• But still, with all the lords of Westeros she will marry a fourth-born son? I'll kill every Telltale writer if that happen.

Klionheart posted: »

Not if the Glenmores start believing that the "poor house" is going to become a "lost house"...then even a 4th-born is better.

• yea i got the feeling that she and her family would be pretty useless from the start

• I'm fairly sure on my save I did when I did use Mira to forge the letter, I told Elaena that and then gave her the choice, and she chose to accept. So what would happen then? I don't think she'll reject you, unless things escalate ridiculously.

• It that means keeping on the Whitehills' good side when the Whitehills seem to be the new big guys on the block...why not?

Then again, it's enough to screw us over for the Glenmores to call off the marriage with Rodrik. No need for Gryff to get involved.

As for Lord Whitehill, he might have the notion of forcing Talia to marry Gryff, somehow.
    Would give him a solid claim on Ironrath, the same way Sansa marrying Tyrion was intended to give the Lannisters a claim on Winterfell, or "Arya" marrying Ramsay for the Boltons.

But still, with all the lords of Westeros she will marry a fourth-born son? I'll kill every Telltale writer if that happen.

• If at all Asher will be the one marrying her. That's what I think anyway.

When Gwyn first appeared in episode 2, I kinda regretted having secured the betrothal to Elaena. Marrying Gwyn Withehill instead could be the best option to end the war between both houses.

• I think Elaena Glenmore and Rodrik Forester are getting married in this episode and if you don't win the betrothal she'll come back and apologizes for not say yes to the betrothal.

• Alt text

rousseau posted: »

You're repeating yourself.

• Alt text

Just because she has a sad face the betrothal is off?

In the preview Lady Forrester said "We have no allies" and then Elaena with a sad face is shown, which means the betrothal is off. Maybe, sh

• I honestly think it'll be something like Elaena is being betrothed to Gryff Whitehill, which is why she has come to tell you (but if you didn't get it, she comes to meet Gryff).

• nic maymay btw but really what other reason is there for her to arrive at the Forrester house and look saddened

Just because she has a sad face the betrothal is off?

• Many options. What if her father lost his army, what if Whitehill preemptively attacked old Glenmore sr. or took him as hostage?

Talimancer posted: »

nic maymay btw but really what other reason is there for her to arrive at the Forrester house and look saddened

• She had more than 1 "sad face" in episode 2 genius

Talimancer posted: »

nic maymay btw but really what other reason is there for her to arrive at the Forrester house and look saddened

• I agree with this! I feel like just from listening to Elaena's dialog she cares very much about House Forrester and Rodrik himself, and was only doing what her father wants her to do when it came to "being Practical"

Tylerh316 posted: »

I think Elaena Glenmore and Rodrik Forester are getting married in this episode and if you don't win the betrothal she'll come back and apologizes for not say yes to the betrothal.

• Yes and it was to do with the marriage genius

She had more than 1 "sad face" in episode 2 genius

• I will be very surprised if Elaena ends up marrying Rodrik. She obviously wants to, that's not in question, but it won't happen, even if you've supposedly secured the betrothal. She's obviously subservient to her father and it sounds like all he's interested in is Ironwood, which you basically don't have at the moment. More likely Ludd will try to follow through on marrying her to Gryff, as an added kick in the face for Rodrik while he's down. They'll probably announce it at Highpoint for added effect.

• Eleana will accompany you to Highpoint and end up a little bit dead in true Red Wedding fashion

• But the deal was give half of the ironwood after the whitehills are defeated.

I will be very surprised if Elaena ends up marrying Rodrik. She obviously wants to, that's not in question, but it won't happen, even if you

• personally, i HATE eleana. i just dont care about her anymore, when rodrik needed her most that B£$^ch was like 'sorry, you are poor now i cant marry you anymore, BUT if you give me half of your HOUSE ironwood i can then marry you.;'' ummmm NO B"344ch, if you cant accept me at my lowest then you dont deserve me at all! plus rodrick deserves SO MUCH BETTER than her. i was so mad at her for bluntly disregarding me, because rodrick and eleana were meant to be married, but the whole whitehill and the red wedding drama, she now dont want rodrick? sorry, but i really hate her and i dont want her familys help anymore, even if the house fall, i wont atleast regret that thing.

• I suspect Lord Glenmore would have no faith in the Forresters defeating the Whitehills at this point, so the distinction is moot.

AgentZ46 posted: »

But the deal was give half of the ironwood after the whitehills are defeated.

• Its GoT love don't really maters.

Mercyva posted: »

personally, i HATE eleana. i just dont care about her anymore, when rodrik needed her most that B£$^ch was like 'sorry, you are poor now i c

• edited April 2015

That's what happened in my playthrough. I think it would be pretty dishonorable of her to go back on her word. The Glenmores already went back on their word once, the first time the marriage was called off. Then, the marriage is re-secured and now what? They'll call it off AGAIN. That's pretty shady. Why would anyone ever respect or believe a house like that? I'll be really disappointed and disgusted with the Glenmores if they go that route.

I'm fairly sure on my save I did when I did use Mira to forge the letter, I told Elaena that and then gave her the choice, and she chose to accept. So what would happen then? I don't think she'll reject you, unless things escalate ridiculously.

• I agree with you. However, in the Game of Thrones universe, it's not really her choice. It's out of her hands. Marriages are arranged between houses 99% of the time. I think Telltale was being a bit too "modern" with all the dialogue between Rodrik and Elaena. She wouldn't be the one making the call. It's up to her father.

karatyrell posted: »

I agree with this! I feel like just from listening to Elaena's dialog she cares very much about House Forrester and Rodrik himself, and was only doing what her father wants her to do when it came to "being Practical"

• edited April 2015

I don't think you understand how marriages work in the Game of Thrones universe or Telltale has misled you. The choice isn't really Elaena's. It's her father's choice. Women from noble houses don't just get to choose their husbands out of love. They are married off to secure loyalty and alliances. I think Telltale is misleading people a bit by not making this very clear. I don't like how they present it like it's Elaena's choice because it's not. I do agree with you a little bit, in the respect that I think it's dishonorable to not honor a commitment. The Glenmores are going back on their word and if they do it again, if they go back on Elaena's word (which was really her father's word by proxy, given the fact that he sent her instead of coming himself), I will definitely think that they have no honor. However, the issue of love is moot when it comes to highborn marriages in Game of Thrones. It's irrelevant and Rodrik is well aware of that fact.

Mercyva posted: »

personally, i HATE eleana. i just dont care about her anymore, when rodrik needed her most that B£$^ch was like 'sorry, you are poor now i c

• If they did that, it would be a grave offense. Let's remember WHY the Red Wedding happened...because Robb Stark failed to live up to his word and marry one of Walder Frey's daughters. It was considered pretty outrageous when Robb did this and I get that he was a "king" and so the offense seemed greater to Walder Frey, but the betrayal is still the same at heart. It's a noble house falling back on a commitment, a contract. It's dishonorable. I just hope that the Glenmores are an honorable house. While I know that Elaena Glenmore, as a lady of the house and not the lord, cannot technically arrange or agree to marriage without her father's consent, I do think that it was made clear that she was acting in his stead. By sending Elaena and not going himself, we can assume that Lord Glenmore gave her his proxy. So, her word is as good as his. Otherwise, he would've gone himself to discuss the marriage. I think that Telltale is being quite liberal with their representation of marital politics in Game of Thrones. The only way Elaena consenting to the marriage makes any sense in the GoT universe is if she's acting as her father's proxy.

• Yeah i know how GOT universe work. its just my personal opinion on the matter, i dont care for eleana even if her family is whats doing this,, i dont care :D

I don't think you understand how marriages work in the Game of Thrones universe or Telltale has misled you. The choice isn't really Elaena's

Sign in to comment in this discussion.