Who do you think it's the most obvious traitor

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

-It has to be someone in your council, so any secondary characters or any Forrester except from Lady Forrester stays out of suspect.

-Gwyn is not lying. There's a traitor. That's for sure.

Alt text

OBVIOUS

The traitor is Duncan, (IMO). Maybe he does it with the best of intentions and because he thinks that if he keeps informing the Whitehills, they will go easy on your house.

(Even if Duncan is not a Sentinel)

-Gryff shows some restraint when Duncan tells him to stop bullying Talia and Rodrik. That could mean Gryff is aware that Duncan it's with them.

(If Duncan it's a sentinel)

-Gryff states that he's his dog even if you think it's yours. Duncan lowers his gaze(With guilt).

In both the situations, Royland supports your actions, and confronts Gryff. So Duncan's attitude would be the same.

MOST OBVIOUS

These would be too obvious for game of thrones but here they go:

Lady Forrester: Always trying to elicit comments about Lord Forrester's secret and the secret reunion that Rodrik had with Gwyn. She seems hostile when you decide to talk with Gwyn (Maybe because that could lead to her uncover). Her only concern is to rescue Ryon. And maybe is informing them of your intentions to prevent Ryon's death.

Ortengryn: Duncan didn't trust him. Also he's a maester. Maesters are treacherous by nature. He could have bad intentions, or could just be trying to save his ass

WTF

Royland: Acting as the less obvious traitor and supporting every hostile action against the Witehills, just to abandon your house and join the Whitehills when you're ruined. This is at the same level as Rodrik being the traitor.

All in all I think that your choice of a sentinel does not change who's the traitor.

Comments

• I don't think it's Duncan because that would mean he's betraying the confidence of too many characters. Gared and the late Lord Forrestor, Rodrik and everyone in Ironrath. No. Duncan is far too involved in everything for me to believe that he could be manipulating everything like that. (That would be so Game of Thrones though). He could be lowering his head in shame that their House has fallen so low.

Probably Ortengryn or Lady Forrestor. And maesters are NOT treacherous by nature, sure there are some stinkers, Pycelle and Qyburn, but there are some good maesters as well, Luwin and Aemon.

It would be Ortengryn mostly because he's not originally from Ironrath, instead he's from a minor house from the Vale. Also, another interesting fact is that he was not present at Ethan's murder or the funeral.

It would be Lady Forrestor purely out of desperation.

It wouldn't be Royland. He seems far too loyal to change his ways like that. He's been serving House Forrestor for a long time.

Either Lady Forrestor or Maester Ortengryn.

• Pretty sure it's Ethan. 990 % sure

• I mean, if the question is who the most obvious traitor is, I think it is Ortengryn. The guy looks at Ironwood as a revenue source to be exploited, and always seems to have his nose in things. Also, from a story point he seems to be potentially the most damaging as a traitor, as he could know about the North Grove (Depending on the decisions you made up to that point) He hasn't been around Ironrath for that long either.

However, I think he is way too obvious to actually be the traitor, and I think your reasoning for Duncan being the traitor is pretty solid.

• But being so obvious and given the fact that this is game of thrones...... That's the less obvious traitor.

Duruial posted: »

I mean, if the question is who the most obvious traitor is, I think it is Ortengryn. The guy looks at Ironwood as a revenue source to be ex

• edited March 2015

The most obvious? The Maester. For pretty much the same reasons everyone else said. :3

Who do I think it is? Lady Forrester. She would do anything for her family and Ryon and she might think this is the only way, plus she has lost her husband and one of her children and is scared she will lose another, so she probably isn't exactly thinking straight.

• Yes, I agree with you completely. I am just saying he is the most obvious. But the fact he is so obviously the traitor suggests he is probably a red herring, and it has to be someone else. In which case, I think your Duncan idea is pretty solid.

fort1tude posted: »

But being so obvious and given the fact that this is game of thrones...... That's the less obvious traitor.

• Watch it be Cotter's Potato.

• Or Gared. I'm sure Gared is pissed about being in the Night's Watch so he didn't doubt about betraying the Forresters

Pretty sure it's Ethan. 990 % sure

• Sorry to break it to you Poogs but Cotter didn't fuck any potatos

Poogers555 posted: »

Watch it be Cotter's Potato.

• Ethan's more believable how would Gared even get to Highpoint? And he doesn't even know what happens in Ironrath. My money's on Ethan

fort1tude posted: »

Or Gared. I'm sure Gared is pissed about being in the Night's Watch so he didn't doubt about betraying the Forresters

• You're both wrong. Its obviously Ned Stark

Ethan's more believable how would Gared even get to Highpoint? And he doesn't even know what happens in Ironrath. My money's on Ethan

• The most obvious choice is the Maester. He's had the least amount of input when it comes to the safety of Ironrath and he has shown the least amount of emotion when it comes to the dead members, which really does make it seem like he doesn't care about them.

I think it will be Lady Forrester though. Just a hunch

• Duncan a traitor's just a bit too obvious for my liking but then again...

Alt text

• There are way too many of these kinds of threads already.

• edited April 2015

Duncan is the traitor for me on my perspective.
    In episode 3 at the part where gryff and rodrik discuss about thalia did.
    When gryff discuss the matter about "The problem starts at the top" which duncan interrupts and says "Careful boy"

So what do you think guys?
    It's always clear to me that why duncan want his cousin gared to find the north grove even if it cost gareds life.
    He desperately want to know where it is like, when he finds where the north grove is he then starts entering the scene as a traitor.
    This is only my opinion :)

• If it's Duncan, it's going to be for some twisted and fucked up reason other than "to protect the house" because Duncan is smarter than that. Given he has the most backstory and plays the biggest role in the House aside from Lady Forrester and Rodrik, I'd consider him the only "main character" that is not playable.

• I honestly think it's Royland. His overt desire to provoke hostilities with the Whitehills would give them an easy excuse to clamp down every time without drawing ire or suspicion from the other Houses, thereby giving them easier cover for a takeover without seeming as rabid as the Boltons or Freys.

• Okay, so at first i thought the traitor was Duncan, for the very reason most of the people think he was NOT - the north grove. From the beginning of the game we are told that Duncan is the only one who was trusted by Lord Forrester, so it's logically he is not the traitor, but what if old Lord Forrester was wrong from the beginning? It is obvious that when we find out who it is, we will discover that something we new for sure was a lie. So Duncan is perfectly matches in my opinion. That was before episode 4:

Now it's pretty obvious not Royland or Duncan is the traitors. In the Highpoint no matter who is the Sentinel, any of them are willing to momentarily kill Ludd Whitehill on your command. I hope i don't have to explain why this counts them out. The real traitor is expecting to get some reward for his actions, or at least survive this conflict, while Duncan and Royland are loyal enough to die for house Forrester.

Another thing is, when we are preparing to go to the Highpoint Lady Forrester says "Can't believe one of them is a traitor". Its a catch. Game wants us to believe it's one of them, like illusionist wants people to look at one point while real magic is made in another. The next piece of puzzle is "I can't believe I trusted HIM". This can be refereed to anyone and I don't think this line is about traitor at all. The game once again is trying to fool us. I believe it is safe to say, that traitor is not male. I don't have any proof that it is not the Ortengryn, but that would be just too easy and not shocking enough for the game of thrones.

I believe the "fact" which is a lie, is that traitor is a member of small council. There is actually one character who is not in it, but knows everything what happens. The most supporting character in the series the most trustful and the least expected to stab knife to your back.
    I'm pretty sure the traitor is Talia, but her motives are still unknown. Is she an evil genius or just a naive child. When we leave to Highpoint we can ask her to find the traitor, to get some proof. But being a traitor gives her opportunities to fake the proof and accuse someone in the council, then show this "proof" to Rodrik on which he will react "I cant believe I trusted him". This is cool enough to be true, but I can be very very wrong and the game may have fooled me as well.

Please let me know what you think of this.

• Duncan Tuttle might be it but...

I feel that would be too obvious as he acts like he knows better than a guy who rules the house. Storytelling often tries to bait you to certain choice so that you're fooled.

Their mother is also too obvious choice.

That guy who likes military approach over diplomatic one also feels too obvious.

So, it must be someone else that they trust enough but isn't officially part of the council meetings and is trusted enough to be told what they have decided ahead of time before they put their plans in action. Though it could as well be hole in a wall that someone is listening through.

• Maester Ortengryn

Alt text

• I just hope it's not the maester because that is the obvious one. I think story wise and the fact this is game of thrones, you could easily have a story for any of the characters to do it.

But my point would be, are we putting to much Stoke into the canon scene at the meeting at high point. That is clearly a game over scenario and you have to redo the choice which in essence means it never happened. Which means whoever your sentinal is, never showed the willingness to die for you or the cause.

I think it might be whoever you did or didn't choose as sentinal. And they have two different stories near the end depending on your choice. Everyone is sure it's one traitor no matter your decisions. Why can't it be a possibility of two and telltale have motivations for either no matter who you choose as sentinal. The reveal could be in the same place and just have different explanations by the voice actor.

• Definitely the maester, but it wasn't really as obvious as it's been the last few episodes (aside from the selling trees part). He definitely makes a lot of comments that show he's the type to want to save his own skin, though, like telling ethan it's foolish to not want to save himself, surviving today instead of worrying about tomorrow. Not to mention when they're plotting to expel Gryff or save Ryon Maester is silently watching from behind them all over their shoulders, symbolizing an "outside looking in" sort of thinking. I feeling like, even though the Forresters have welcomed him, he doesn't really see himself as part of that family

• What? The Master? For real?

The obvius answer is Daenerys Targaryen!

• The Maester is the traitor, it is so obvious. in Episode 1, he insisted we sell most of our Ironwood to the Boltons, so we can get "protection", that was just mad. He hardly shows up in any real meetings, he has a small role as any spy would have, as he stays quiet. And what would Gryff and the Maester to be really arguing about? before the mother came in an tries to make them stop. I would never think its Duncan or Royland, as both of them have the desire to kill the Whitehills.

• i hope the potatoes didn't fuck him '-'

Sorry to break it to you Poogs but Cotter didn't fuck any potatos

• exactly, why would we play a traitor [asher grin]

jk, i hope he is not a traitor

Ryanoo posted: »

If it's Duncan, it's going to be for some twisted and fucked up reason other than "to protect the house" because Duncan is smarter than that

• The traitor is Malcom. He has been feeding information back to Ludd in the form of Lady forrestors mail. Malcolm knows about Ethan even if you send him away before Ethans death. So he us obviously in corresdance with the house. Information may take time to reach him obviously. As for rescuing Ryon. Lady Forrest has likely told malcontents what she intends. Notice most decisions in the game Roderick makes are after his mother suggests them. She can manipulate.
    Anyway bit of an out there theory but it would be a twist.

• edited May 2015

I still think it is the Maester, and Gryff's brutal beating off him is just there as a smokescreen to throw fans off that track. I think the Maester is the traitor but he doesn't want harm to befall the children, resulting in him not treating the soldier who attempted to assault Talia to the best of his ability. (triggering the retaliatory beat down by Gryff)

I'm now certain it isn't either Duncan or Royland, because you can bring either one with you to Highpoint. If you choose to attack the Whitehills Duncan or Royland will go along with the attack and kill Ludd Whitehill if you don't bring the Glenmore soldiers. If either one was the traitor it wouldn't make sense for them to go Leroy Jenkins and die alongside Rodrik. They'd step back with their hands up and allow the crossbowmen to kill Rodrik without aiding him.

At this point it is between the Maester or Lady Forrester, and I think the Maester makes more sense. He isn't a blood relation, hasn't lost family to the Whitehills/Boltons like Duncan, has yet to really demonstrate loyalty in the way Duncan or Royland have at Highpoint. Also the Maester has always given Rodrik the worst advice of his councilors throughout the game so far, with his relationship tips only being the most hilarious example.

• I assume that whoever is the traitor is being blackmailed into it. I don't see anyone in my House betraying out of greed or hidden resentment against the Forresters.

• Talia could be the traitor since she watched as her twin brother was murdered trying to protect her and yes she isn't on the small council as your told the traitor is but your also told Gwen dosen't know who it is.
    So she could think it is someone from the small council because of the information Lord Whitehill has been receiving Talia could easily be getting this information from Lady Forrester or from Rodrik himself as nobody would suspect her and i don't think she is passing it on for financial gain or in an intentional traitor fashion but more in the way that she thinks by passing it on it will save her family and she won't lose another brother or her Mother.
    Plus think of it no matter what you do she doesn't come with you when you go to meet Whitehill and when you return she is sat with Ramsey Bolton/Snow how would he have entered the castle without being aloud in by someone within the castle

• edited June 2015

I'm certain it's Duncan. He wants Gared to abandon the watch to find the grove, so he can tell the Whitehills/Boltons. He seems sincere but let's be honest, it has to be him.

• Well I think its Maester as well, he was in Citadel and after epsiode 4 we learned that one of Gwynn brothers (Ludd Whitehill son) was also there.
    If its not him, I believe he met him there and now he is helping Whitehills.

• I think it is not Duncan. Either Measter or his mother is a traitor.

• But whoever it is i will punish .

AsheRodrik posted: »

I think it is not Duncan. Either Measter or his mother is a traitor.

• How about this. Let's say that the Maester is the traitor, but because of his beating by Gryff, he regrets helping the Whitehills. If so, would you still keep him around? And if you let him live, would do it because you are merciful or intends to use him to feed the Whitehills false information?

• In my opinion, it's either Lady Forrester or Sir Royland. But knowing Telltale, it's probably going to be the character you least suspect.

• I am 99% sure that it's Duncan! Nowadays is usually the "nicest" dude. He'll probably do the I was only Betraying house Forrester to save house Forrester routine! And if you're a bitch player you'll probably believe him. My truth is anybody that is against The Forrester's I'm going to cut off their balls. I mean that's just me but...

• I think Ortengryn is the most obvious, but I'd like to see it be Lady Forrester. I know Rodrik said in the next episode trailer that he never should have trusted him, but it could have been done intentionally to throw us off. I don't think it's either of the Sentinels because it'd be really hard to manage the dialogue between each choice for the game if that were to happen. I found it interesting how Talia was doing everything that she as told at the end of episode four and it kind of makes me wonder if someone was threatening her the whole time and she's actually the "traitor."

• I know Rodrik said in the next episode trailer that he never should have trusted him, but it could have been done intentionally to throw us off.

Or maybe it doesn't have to be about the traitor at all. Something else could have happened in the episode that Rodrik was commenting on.

choircorgis posted: »

I think Ortengryn is the most obvious, but I'd like to see it be Lady Forrester. I know Rodrik said in the next episode trailer that he neve

• Every single thread on this there's way to many people who suspect the maester! Which makes me even more positive it is not the maester way too easy for it to be him your all being led exactly where TTG wants you to go good luck. For the record I'm with you Duncan is the traitor in my opinion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.